Since 2001, Moxie Pest Control has been providing high-quality service in the pest control industry. The company's central focus is on service, expertise, and building life-long connections with customers, and its primary goal is to make customers feel comfortable in their homes by delivering the safest, most effective pest control services possible.

Currently, Moxie's services are available in 13 states: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina.

Read our Moxie Pest Control reviews (below) and see what other customers are saying about their pest control services.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 American Pest chevron_right
#3 Edge chevron_right

The Good

• Array of Pest Control Services
  • Year-Round Free Reservices
  • Customer Portal
  • Availability
  • Commercial Pest Control
  • Customer Reviews

Array of Pest Control Services

Moxie offers a number of services to meet the unique needs of its customers. Available services include protection against, ants, spiders, roaches, termites, fleas, wasps, mice and rodents, mosquitos, scorpions, ticks, snails, bedbugs, gophers, moles, and voles.

Moxie offers a General Pest Package—protects customers from the more common pests—as well as plenty of add-on programs.

Moxie pest services are more tailored to its customer’s needs, in order to provide effective pest management.

Year-Round Free Reservices

Moxie guarantees year-round free re-services to customers who purchase its pest control packages. If a customer is unhappy with the initial service, they are encouraged to call Moxie and have the company respray their home.

Customer Portal

When signing up with Moxie, homeowners and clients can log in to the Customer Portal. This allows you to update credit card info, may payments, see a transaction history, leave feedback for technicians, update basic account information, and set communication preferences.

Availability

Currently, Moxie offers its services in 13 states across the nation, which is a relatively wide availability for the industry. The company operates in the following markets:

• Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • St. George, Utah

Commercial Pest Control

Moxie understands that the needs for commercial customers are often entirely different than residential ones. So the company provides customized services for businesses. The technicians and customer service specialists work hard to ensure their commercial clients with the same customer satisfaction and effective pest control services.

Customer Reviews

A number of reviews praise Moxie’s sales reps for being polite, responsive, courteous, knowledgeable, and not too pushy. Homeowners were also pleased with the company’s willingness to respray if the customer was unhappy with the initial service. Although, there are some complaints about the company not being completely transparent about its cancelation fee.

The Bad

• Lack of Pricing Information on Website
  • Lack of Additional Services

Lack of Pricing Information on Website

Not unusual for the pest control industry but Moxie does not disclose pricing information for its services on its website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for a free quote.

Lack of Additional Services

While Moxie gets rid of problem insects and bugs, the company does not offer any additional services. Other pest control companies will offer services such as wildlife control, attic (attic insulation and restoration), crawlspace, and even lawn care services (fertilization, weed control, lawn aeration).

The Bottom Line

Moxie offers pest control services in 13 states and provides customers with treatments for a variety of pests, as well as year-round free reservices. Moxie reviews indicate that most homeowners are pleased with the pest control service and felt that the technicians and sales reps were professional, knowledgeable, and responsive to their individual needs. The customer portal is great for those wanting to update their information and keep track of their services, as the online platform is convenient and easy-to-use.

Employees of Moxie are encouraged to open up Moxie branches in their local area to create a more community-focused business. Although the company does not disclose pricing information online, interested consumers can contact Moxie for a free quote. Homeowners are advised to read into the fine print before signing. This will help clients avoid getting locked into a contract and paying expensive cancelation fees.

View Best Pest Control Companies

3.8

H M Smith
November 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Fernando just left my location in West Valley City and he did an awesome job of taking care of our property for pest control. The company has be excellent with their service and I highly recommend their technicians. Fernando cam in, took care of the things he needed to get done and was very professional about it. I home he is the tech that will be assigned to our area when the next scheduled spraying comes up.

Nov 14, 2019

We're glad you're loving life with Moxie, and we can't wait to share your kind words with Fernando! Thank you, H!

Cindy
September 12th, 2019 Apex, NC DETAILS

Needs to pay more attention to getting noticeable spider webs down

Nov 14, 2019

Cindy, we're always happy to return to your home if you feel an area needs more attention. Please give us a call and we can get your free warranty service scheduled!

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I use Moxie Pest Control and they give me a heads up when they are coming. They tell me what is going on and if I would like anything more. Since they have been coming I haven't noticed one spider or pest anywhere. They always say that they will come back if I see anything, but I have never had to call them back. They also work well for me in the seasons as I can put them on hold for the winter months and then have them come back again.

Nov 14, 2019

Pest free is the way to be! We're glad you're impressed by our communication skills and service, Kristin!

barbara J hibner
September 4th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

My experience has been positive. The service persons are thorough and willing to address any issues I may have.

Nov 14, 2019

This review is like music to our ears! Thank you, Barbara!

Jennifer
August 29th, 2019 Raleigh, NC

Moxie Pest Control promises you that if you sign the one year contract they can eliminate insect problems. You don't get to see if it works. We signed up and the first treatment they did the yard, clear webs on outside of house and treated around foundations. We were still infested with sugar ants. They came the next month and did nothing to the yard like they were supposed to, cleaned webs around the front door only and didn't treat the yard as agreed. The next visit they weren't at our house even 10 minutes so they did very little. Never did the yard each time like they were supposed to do again. We were stuck with a company that didn't do as agreed to for the full year and still had to treat ourselves with Home Defense. Service just doesn't work at all.

Nov 14, 2019

Jennifer, we're concerned about your experience and would like to look further into this. Will you please email us at [email protected] with the name and address on your account. We'll be able to reach out as soon as we get your information.

Cambria Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

They were a great company, very thorough and the technicians were friendly. I would highly recommend them.

Nov 14, 2019

You're making our day with this review, Cambria! Thank you for recommending Moxie :)

Creamy Goodness
August 7th, 2019 Keller, TX

Millennial salesperson came riding up to my door on his little scooter. Told him no thanks he then asked me who I had. Standard stuff. When I told him who and how long he game me a dismissive sound and rolled his eyes while marking something on his iPad. At that point I closed the door on him. Will never consider this company based on this interaction.

Van
July 30th, 2019 McKinney, TX DETAILS

We decided to give this company a chance because the guy who knocked on our door was very persistent and the list of services included treating my entire lawn, sweeping eaves, and installing rodent traps; all things which were important to us. The first technician showed up and just treated the exterior perimeter of our home. He neglected to treat the lawn, sweep the eaves, and install the rodent traps. We have cameras around our home to verify this. They sent a second tech to make up for this. He treated the interior of our home, but was very reckless with the spray. It seemed as if he was irritated to be there. He would just walk around and spray the baseboards from a distance, without trying to control over-spray. He swept the eaves in our front patio, but not the rear. He did not treat the lawn, although his report claimed that he did. This was again verified by security camera footage. He did not install rodent traps. He did not call an hour before arriving (as promised). At that point, I was done with this company. I tried calling to cancel my service and was transferred to voicemail, so I left a message. No call back, so I left 3 more messages over the next couple days. I finally expressed my frustrations to the next person who answer the phone and she got an "account manager" on the line. The account manager rambled on - expressing an excessive amount of empathy. I finally had to cut her off and say, please just get to the part where you cancel my service. Then it was a 20 minute conversation of her not understanding the word "no". She kept asking for another chance, and saying she would call me back at a better time, when I wasn't so frustrated. I told her that I don't want to babysit their techs every time they come. That I've given them enough chances. And, that this extremely frustrating conversation was confirmation that I did not want to do any business with them. The girl would not let me speak with her supervisor. So, I still had to pay the early termination, even though they did not perform services as promised.

Sandy P
July 29th, 2019 Villa Park, CA DETAILS

I have used Moxie now for over a year and am very happy with their service and especially their technicians who are very thorough and listen to the problems you are having and treat accordingly. Today Mike M came for the service and was excellent. I would recommend Moxie without hesitation

Nov 14, 2019

Happy 1-year Moxieversary, Sandy! We're thrilled to hear you're loving your service, and look forward to keeping up the great work :)

M. Saout
July 24th, 2019 McLean, VA DETAILS

a sales person for moxie pest control came to my home and had me sign a contract on ipad. then he mailed me a different contract with different prices. moxie pest control started charging my credit card with these prices. i signed for (69 initial treatment and 99 quarterly) the "contract" emailed to me is different ( it has $99 initial treatment and $159 quarterly). salesperson did not give me a copy of contract when I signed on the IPAD. I called the main office of moxie pest control and they are demanding the higher prices listed in the copy of "contract" that was emailed me.

Keith
July 23rd, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Did a lousy job. Would not spray per the walkdown with their salesman. First spray price was $100.00 as agreed. I told them that I not longer wanted services. They told me there was no cost to respray. It still did not meet the agreement. It cost me another $139.00. I was told they will not use a ladder or spray above head height. They ask me to give them another chance for a third spray. Still have bugs. Also will need to hire a widow washing company to clean the windows they sprayed. We have paid them $260.00 ton date and they want another $160.00 to not come back. Don't let them in the door. You will be sorry

Dennis
July 23rd, 2019 Sun City, CA

Ifeel companies should have integrity . This company, not at all. They started by sending abunch off their solicitors into an gated community that does not allow soliciting. The salesman that came tho my house lied through his teeth claiming he just did a job around the corner trying to push his service on me.. LIES and DECEPTION. People that have used this company are not happy. It wouldn't surprise me that they falsify and put positive comments on this site themselves. CROOKED BUSINESS PRACTICE! Zero stars. FYI THIS WAS NOT AN ISOLATED INCEDENT. THE GROUP DID THIS ALL OVER OUR COMMUNITY. LIES LIES LIES.

Ron
July 23rd, 2019 Anaheim, CA

Will is the first name of my Moxie tech Will did a great job Very through and explained all he was doing

Nov 14, 2019

Three cheers for Will! Thanks for the great report on your service, Ron :)

Joyce Hoelzer
July 1st, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Josh came to service our home and yard today 6/28. He told me everything he was going to do today inside and outside. He did an exceptional job.

Nov 14, 2019

That's wonderful to hear, Joyce! We'll be sure to pass your praise along to Josh :)

Pamela
June 25th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

Jesse has gone beyond the call in helping us with some issues we have as a home on the water, where pests seem to feel as much at home as we do! We appreciate the great job he does. Thanks, Jesse and Moxie.

Nov 14, 2019

On behalf of Jesse, "You're welcome, Pamela!" You're going to make his day when he sees this :)

Whitney Stanko
June 17th, 2019 Smithfield, UT

I live at home with my dad and the worker came to my door and was super nice and cheerful. They sprayed super well and We didn’t have any trouble with bugs! Highly recommend

Nov 14, 2019

This review is like music to our ears, Whitney! Thank you for recommending Moxie :)

Isaac
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

My wife and I actually just barley had a moxie sales guy come to our door and he was really nice and chill and didn’t push us. So we talked about it for a day and then went ahead and got the pest control. We appreciate that he wasn’t super pushy or rude.

Nov 14, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your experience, Isaac! We look forward to providing you with 5-star worthy service :)

Sarah
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

My family actually just got signed up for moxie pest control for the next year. The guy that helped us out was so nice he knew us stuff well. My dad always asks thousands of questions and he came back and answered them all without any hesitation.

Nov 14, 2019

We're happy to answers any questions you have, Sarah! We're glad we impressed you with our expertise :)

Kathy
May 31st, 2019 Edmond, OK

Moxie cannot be trusted. They told my client they had termites I asked another termite co to look at it and the homeowner did not have termites, saved them $2500.

Deborah Schack
May 31st, 2019 Mesa, AZ

Taylor who did our house was very professional, polite and informative. He did a thorough job.

Nov 14, 2019

That's wonderful to hear, A]Deborah! We're glad you loved Taylor's service, and we can't wait to share this with him :)

Nathan Hanamaikai
May 21st, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Most people don't know or trust that they really will send out a tech to do a follow up treatment if you see pests after they've sprayed. Bugs are resilient and often need more than one treatment in some areas. Don't be shy about calling them up for a follow up!

Nov 14, 2019

We're always happy to return to your home if needed, Nathan! Thank for leaving the great feedback :)

E. Eischeid
May 14th, 2019 Blue Springs, MO DETAILS

I would give them zero stars if possible. This is a terrible company. They hide behind small print in their contracts. You would be better off placing your $100 per service in the trash and saving yourself the stress of dealing with this obtuse company with no morals.

Graham
May 13th, 2019 Cary, NC DETAILS

Our house and yard were treated by Michael C. today and I think he did a very good job

Nov 14, 2019

We'll be sure to share your appreciation with Michael, Graham! Thanks for leaving him the shout-out :)

Reese
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Moxie Pest Control has great customer service. They came to our home and made sure we are happy with our service and would repeat it if we weren't. They worked with us on the timing and the billing and made it easy on our budget. We were able to freeze it during the winter months and then start again in the Spring.

Nov 14, 2019

Customer service is a top priority for us, and we're glad you can tell, Reese! We can't wait to keep impressing you with our service :)

Ashley Gneiting
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

My family uses Moxie for our Pest problems. We live in Utah where spiders love to find their hiding spots especially downstairs where my room is. I feel safe and protected with Moxie because if we ever see a spider they will come back for free that month and respray!

Nov 14, 2019

We're thrilled to hear our service makes you feel safe in your home, Ashley! Spiders run in fear when Moxie is near :)

Ashley
May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We decided to change our pest control to Moxie because of a bad experience with our former company and have been really happy. They always send a text or email to remind us they are coming and they an email asking us for comments on how our agent did in coming to our home. We had only one experience where we found a couple of spiders after a treatment and they came back promptly and resprayed for free to the delight of my 10 year old!!

Nov 14, 2019

We're excited to have you as a part of Moxie, Ashley, and always happy to return if an area of your home needs some extra attention :)

J Foster
May 2nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Awful company. Employees over the phone are condescending. They hook you into an annual contract for 4 quarterly sprayings at $99 a visit. After 1st treatment we had spiders and earwigs worse than ever. Came out during early Feb for treatment, everything's frozen, snow and no bugs out. You may need 4 treatments a year in St George but the majority of the state has single digit temps and snow from Nov to March. Bugs are dormant. Went to cancel service and they threatened $170 EARLY CANCELLATION FEE!!! "Its in our contract". Oops, minor detail omitted when salesman first approaches your home. You don't need Moxie annual service and almost $400 a year is ridiculous. Ortho Home Defense spray. $40 for a huge container to spray outside and inside perimeter. Done. Moxie name is fitting as "moxie" means ....NERVE.

Alison
March 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

If I were rating the actual pest control service techs, and the work they did for us, they would get five stars for being prompt, courteous, and thorough. Unfortunately, the customer service people who handle the accounts are beyond awful. My husband and I signed up for a 12-month contract, but needed to terminate it a couple months early due to an unexpected move. First red flag: there is no option to cancel the service via the online account. Second red flag: it took four phone calls, five texts, and seven emails to get the account canceled. My normally patient and unflappable husband actually had to get upset and cranky on the phone with the "account manager." Even that didn't stop this guy from refusing to actually CANCEL the account while he tried to get us to refer our friends', or transfer our service to the new location (Moxie doesn't have an office where we are moving). When my husband pleaded to just let him cancel the account, this man was very snotty to him, and then threatened to send us to collections if we didn't pay immediately. After I got involved, he was also rude to me for pointing out that the early termination fee they demanded was $20 higher than what the contract stated. Then he acted like he was doing me a big favor to lower it to the correct amount. Bottom line: we will NEVER do business with Moxie again, and I will never recommend them to ANYONE.

Jordan
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I signed up with Moxie because my brother was working as a tech there and he got us a really good deal. A couple years in, we were offered an even lower rate for being long term customers. A year later we were informed that nobody had rates as low as we had and they would need to increase the price on us. I found it frustrating that after having been a loyal customer for several years (5+) my rates would be going up. This is a non-essesntial product, more of a really nice to have product. I was frustrated and took my business elsewhere.

Ava Rasmussen
February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Moxie does a thorough job, they even came in between scheduled visits as promised bc I saw a black widow. They got rid of my mole problem too!

Nov 14, 2019

We're happy to return to your home whenever you need, Ava! Thanks for being a part of Moxie :)

club 801
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

This is an amazing pest control company. They Are available every time you need them. They are very good at covering every spot needed to get rid of pesky pest. Very friendly and great customer service!

Nov 14, 2019

You're making our day with this review, and we look forward to keeping up the great work :)

Amanda
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Helped us with a mosquito problem at our house. Very effective and reasonably priced.

Nov 14, 2019

We're happy to help kick those mosquitoes to the curb, Amanda! Thank you for the great report on your service :)

Brinley Knowles
January 2nd, 2019 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

Moxie was great to help with us and get rid of our outdoor pests. Our technician always checks in on us every few months and is great to work with. The prices are affordable and they do such great work.

Nov 14, 2019

We're glad you're loving life with Moxie, Brinley! Please give us a call if you ever need anything :)

Mark Moscicki
January 2nd, 2019 Argyle, TX DETAILS

Horrible billing practices. Got sucked into their "bundling" billing. Wanted to charge against a credit card on file or have access to my checking account. Offered to pay on time every month through my bill pay or send them a check. they refused to accept and separated me and charged me $900 for cancellation . Despise this company and their crooked practices. Avoid at all costs. Run as fast and as far away as you can from Moxie. Horrible company.

Erica Hartshorn
December 10th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Moxie has been around for a little while and they are pretty good. They did spray my roses with a pesticide for an aphid problem and it killed off all my branches and leaves that year on the rose bushes but the roots were okay and so when we cut them down they came back the next year just fine. I never felt like they got rid of my ant problem and so I think they could improve. They are nice to talk to and try hard.

Nov 14, 2019

Thank you for the candid feedback, Erica. Please give us a call if you haven't seen a decrease in ant activity. We're always happy to return to your home if needed!

Grant
December 6th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have been very pleased with our Moxie Pest Control services. Our technician has always asked us each month if we have had any problems, and will give extra special care to any problem pests or areas.

Nov 14, 2019

That's wonderful to hear, Grant! We're glad you love our team as much as we love caring for your home :)

Jeff B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

I have used Moxie for Lawn Care for the last couple of years. Highly recommended them for this service. Very professional and they will come back to redo applications if needed. Awesome customer service.

Nov 14, 2019

Customer service is a top priority for us, and we're glad you can tell! Thanks for the great review, Jeff :)

Jason Pyrah
November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS

Moxie was able to help us rid our home of unwanted pests. They provided a great service, the professionals were quick and the service that I got was great. 10/10, I would recommend them to anyone with pest issues.

Nov 14, 2019

We love to hear our service is "10/10", Jason! Thank you for recommending Moxie :)

Adam B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

We are extremely happy with the lawn service we have had from Moxie, our lawn looks the best it ever has! The customer service reps are always very helpful and happy to assist you.

Nov 14, 2019

Knowing you're happy makes *us* happy, Adam! Thanks for the excellent feedback :)

Jason Anderson
October 17th, 2018 Lindon, UT DETAILS

I use their pest service. The technicians are very nice and knowledgable. It cut the bugs and spiders down to near non existent. They come back whenever I need them to.

Nov 14, 2019

Bugs run in fear when Moxie is near, Jason! We're glad you're loving your service :)

Shari Evers
September 18th, 2018 Lehi, UT

After years of refusing any kind of pest control I decided I was terrified enough of Black Widows. So, I turned to Moxie. The bugs didn't go away right away, but I blame that on me having put it off so long. There was a noticeable difference though after each visit!!

Nov 14, 2019

Thank you for choosing Moxie to take care of your unwanted pests, Shari! We can't wait to keep impressing you with our service!

Patricia Holmes
September 12th, 2018 Franklin, TN DETAILS

We have had a rough summer with spiders and ants. Every day we find new webs to deal with. Moxie lets us call for additional trips at not additional cost. John T came to our home and sprayed both outside and inside our home with an odorless mix that is safe for our pets. He was pleasant and polite as he worked his way around. When done he explained everything he had done and offered to come back again if we did not see an improvement. I would have given five stars if the office had given me a four hour window when I called this morning and asked.

Nov 14, 2019

Thank you for the great feedback, Patricia! We're glad you enjoyed John's service :)

Jo Lars
August 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I recently started a service contract with Moxie. The salesman that came to my area was friendly and helpful. I received notifications about when the technician would be coming. The technician that came to apply the treatment was on time and was mindful of my pets. I like that there is an essential oil treatment option. I also like that they treat for snails, which seems to be a problem in my area lately.

Nov 14, 2019

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your service, and look forward to impressing you at every visit, Jo!

Thomas Hullinger
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

This is the company that I have doing my Pest Control right now. They have taken care of my problems inside and out of my home and my home is now bug free!

Nov 14, 2019

Bug free is the way to be, Thomas! Please give us a call if you need anything :)

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Our regular bug company recently switched over to Moxie. I have been happy with their company so far. They arrive when they say they are coming!! They also back up their service with the hundred percent guarantee.

Nov 14, 2019

Thank you for the great review, Kris! We're always happy to return to your home if an area needs extra attention :)

Hunter
August 21st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

We started using Moxie for pest control last summer. We haven't seen a bug since! They are so good to come out and respray if you see so much as one ant!!

Nov 14, 2019

This review is like music to our ears, Hunter! Please do give us a call anytime you need anything :)

Jacob Johnson
August 7th, 2018 Provo, UT

Very focused on giving quality service and doing a good job rather than just making a sale with poor follow-up.

Nov 14, 2019

You've got us pegged, Jacob! Thanks for the excellent feedback :)

Sandra Jensen
July 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT

Very nice techs. They do good quality.

Nov 14, 2019

We're glad you love our team as much as we love caring for your home, Sandra!

Dean BISCHOFF
July 24th, 2018 Norman, OK

They are one of them companies that you wish you had never done any business with. they come to your door and pressure you into things you don't need. We paid almost $250 for a crappy little spray they did. I hate high pressure sales but I guess that's the only way they can rope people into their service. Check all around bad reviews/ closing up businesses or at least they way it is in Oklahoma.

Chris Alonzo
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

The staff are very friendly and helpful when asking questions. They also guarantee there work so you know the job is getting done.

Nov 14, 2019

That sounds like a great combination to us! Thank you, Chris!