Moxie

5.7

LAST UPDATED: October 19th, 2021

Since 2001, Moxie Pest Control has been providing high-quality service in the pest control industry. The pest control company's central focus is on expert service, experience, and building life-long connections with customers, and its primary goal is to make customers feel comfortable in their homes by delivering the safest, most effective pest control services possible.

Currently, Moxie's services are available in 13 states: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina.

Read our Moxie Pest Control reviews (below) and see what other customers are saying about their pest control services.

The Good

• Array of Pest Control Services
  • Free Quarterly Service
  • Customer Portal
  • Availability
  • Commercial Pest Control
  • Customer Reviews

Array of Pest Control Services

Moxie offers a number of services to meet the unique needs of its customers. Available services include protection against unwanted pests:

• Ant problem
  • Mosquito treatment
  • Scorpion removal
  • Snail pest service
  • Bed bug treatment
  • Gopher, mole, and vole removal

Moxie offers a General Pest Package-protects customers from the more common pests — as well as plenty of add-on programs. Moxie pest infestation services are more tailored to its customer's needs, in order to provide effective pest problem management.

Free Quarterly Service

Following an initial treatment, Moxie guarantees a free quarterly service to customers who purchase its pest control packages. If a customer is unhappy with the initial service, they are encouraged to call Moxie and have a technician respray their home.

Customer Portal

When signing up with Moxie, homeowners and clients can log in to the Customer Portal. This allows you to update credit card info, may payments, see a transaction history, leave feedback for a Moxie technician, update basic account information, and set communication preferences.

Availability

Currently, Moxie offers its services in 13 states across the nation, which is a relatively wide availability for the industry. The company operates in the following markets:

• Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • St. George, Utah

Commercial Pest Control

Moxie understands that the needs for commercial customers are often entirely different than residential ones. So the company provides customized services for businesses. The technicians and customer service specialists work hard to ensure their commercial clients with the same satisfaction and effective pest control services.

Customer Reviews

We found a number of reviews from verified customers praising a technician or salesman from Moxie for being polite, responsive, courteous, knowledgeable, and not too pushy. Customer service was also rated highly. Homeowners were also pleased with the company's willingness to respray if the client was unhappy with the initial service. Although, there are some have registered complaint about the business not being completely transparent about its cancelation fee.

The Bad

• Lack of Pricing Information on Website
  • Lack of Additional Services

Lack of Pricing Information on Website

Not unusual for the pest control industry, but Moxie does not disclose pricing information for its services on its website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the business for a free quote.

Lack of Additional Services

While Moxie gets rid of problem insects and bugs, the company does not offer any additional services. Other pest control companies will offer services such as wildlife control, attic (attic insulation and restoration), crawlspace, and even lawn care services (fertilization, weed control, lawn aeration).

The Bottom Line

Moxie offers pest control services in 13 states and provides customers with treatments for a variety of pests, as well as year-round free reservices. Moxie reviews indicate that most homeowners are pleased with the pest control service and felt that the technicians and sales reps were professional, knowledgeable, and responsive to their individual needs. The customer service portal is great for those wanting to update their information and keep track of their services, as the online platform is convenient and easy-to-use. From roaches to rodents, Moxie is equipped to handle just about any job.

Employees of Moxie are encouraged to open up Moxie branches in their local area to create a more community-focused business. Although the company does not disclose pricing information online, interested consumers can contact Moxie for a free quote. Homeowners are advised to read into the fine print before signing. This will help clients avoid getting locked into a contract and paying expensive cancelation fees.

View Best Pest Control Companies

3.5

Freddie George Carrollton, TX

We had a huge wasp problem. Yes, I had to ask for a re-treatment. They say third times a charm! So the gentlemen that came out - Red M was just super duper amazing. He went above and beyond the call of duty and provided exceptional service. His attention to detail and his care and demeanor is a model for all at Moxie. I wish he could come out every single time. Overall Moxie has been superb in their services.

anita vigay Lawrenceville, GA

Today a young man named Cory came to our house. I found Cory to be very professional and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions concerning the treatments he was using. Right away upon arriving he immediately noticed a band of five long legged yellow spiders on my porch (even I had not seen). He explained all the chemicals used were people and pet friendly. I was immediately impressed and comfortable about the chemicals used. I would most definitely recommend Moxie Pest Control. I immediately noticed the difference in the flies and yellow jackets they appeared to be almost gone. I do not usually do reviews because its not worth my time, but today was the exception. Thank You, Cory for a job well done!

R Aldo Manassas, VA

I just had Mickcordo out today 8/21/21 doing my quarterly service, which I was so impressed with his positive attitude and willingness towards wanting to do a great job. I would like to add his politeness, friendliness attitude and seemed to take concern with making sure he covered all areas within my house. He was actually quite thorough! I let him know how appreciative I was because I’ve had a few technicians in my 3 years with having Moxie of Stafford pest service that haven’t seemed as enthusiastic with wanting to do a thorough job. So when I notice when someone shows me that they really take a positive attitude at wanting to do the best job possible I will let them know. And will follow up with a review as well. Sometimes when someone does a real good job they don’t seem to get recognized where necessary. I also have their termite treatment as well for a couple of years, or so now, which has been very successful as I have partial wooded property and at the edge of the woods towards my backyard I had swarmed termites in a old hollow log, but they are all gone since I started their termite treatments. No issues there. Moxie also took care of a very bad ant issue I once had when I first moved into my house. No problems since. I can say I’m very pleased with Mickcardo as my technician today and all the excellent results I’ve had in the past 3 years with having Moxie of Stafford as my pest control service. Thank you again, Mikcardo!

Bonnie E Woodbridge, VA

We've used Moxie for almost nine years and have never had a problem with them. They come quarterly for outdoor maintenance, knocking down spider webs and putting out outdoor pesticides. They also come if we have any other issues, like ants inside the house or drain flies (we had some plumbing work and a pipe was left open for a couple weeks). Their products work very well and their customer service is top-notch. Everyone is very friendly and so respectful, which is lacking in so many businesses these days. I also like that they don't charge extra if they have to come out between maintenance visits (like today, a nice gentleman came out and I forgot his name. So sorry! It started with an A). Their rates are very reasonable and I would recommend them to anyone.

Kerry Murphy Warrington, PA

When sales people knock on my door, I offer them a bottle of water, thank them for stopping by and never ever buy anything they are selling. Until this week. An extraordinary sales person stopped by this time. He had an in-depth knowledge of his business, an expert ability to discern my needs (including those I did not know I had), the patience to field my questions, and the ability to explain how the services of his company would meet my articulated needs. I bought because of him. The next day, as promised, the Moxie service technician arrived for the first application. He knocked, politely explained what he was going to do, asked repeatedly if I had any questions or concerns and set about his tasks. He knocked again the end of the service visit, confirmed what he had seen and done. He asked again if I had any questions, gave me a quick and interesting dissertation on carpenter bees (which I had), assured me that they would return immediately at no charge if I had any problems between service visits and briefed me on what would take place during the next visit. Based on the two Moxie employees I met, and the one I spoke to on the telephone, this is a very extraordinary company. Their pricing is competitive, which I expected, their service is best in class, which I did not know to expect, but their people are what amazes. Polite, smart, well trained, technically astute and customer focused is a winning combination.

Jonathan Hendrickson Lake Forest, CA

Buyer beware! This company will take your money even after you cancel. I used them for over 2 years due to contractual issues. I then called and cancelled. They tried to sell me at a lower price. I said, "No thanks." They kept begging me but I said, "No." They show up 3 months later without my permission and charge me FULL Price. I call the next day and ask for a refund. They flat out refuse. Said, "tough luck. You never called us back." So not only did I not get the reduced rate I never agreed to, they charged me the full rate. They said, "we are already did the treatment now you can't get your money back." DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Anthony Pelchat Atlanta, GA

Cory came out today and did a great job. He was very nice and professional. He explained everything ahead of time and worked around issues with my pets.

Tamara Kinsch

I live in Fuquay-Varina NC and I must say that is that my solicitor Katie sold me within 60 seconds. She was amazing and very convincing for me to drop my old company of 6 years to switch to yours! This girl deserves a pay raise and a higher position because she definitely knows what she's doing! I respect her and think she is going to be great for the company. I am a professional painter and she even purchased a painting from me! That's good salesmanship if I ever had to define it. What a peach! Mr. H if this trickles down to you please review her stats!

Gerald Thompson McKinney, TX

The company is honest and has great solutions for your pest control needs. Excellent Service from Al W. One of the best I have seen. The experience shows.

Una Darlington Woodbridge, VA

I’ve been with Moxie Pest Control for 8 years. There service is thorough. Their technicians are well trained and extremely polite. Devin recently came for my regular service and patiently listened to my concerns and took immediate action. I also love their customer service. They are efficient and fast. I love Moxie!

Susan VA

Erik was just here from the Chantilly, Virginia office to do our quarterly maintenance. He did a very thorough job with cleaning the house (a few spiderwebs) and spraying the yard. I was a little unsure of how Moxie would be but completely satisfied so far.

Julie Hoffman Alpharetta, GA

David C with Moxie came out to my home today for the initial treatment and a mosquito treatment. He was extremely courteous and thorough. He also introduced us to a snake in the backyard (though we all stayed nice and FAR away). Great experience!

Bruns Nugget Springboro, OH

Just started our service with Moxie. Very impressed with the throughness and customer service skills of the technician (Logan) that did our first treatment. He was pleasant polite and friendly. Hope we continue to be pleased with there services

Brandie Kennedy Winder, GA

I’m normally not one to leave a review unless it’s good because I don’t have time for such, However today I have plenty of time because I’m sitting here waiting for Moxie pest control to show up which they never do on time it usually a full day late (yep next day after your scheduled day). For a deep fumigation they have you pull everything off of your walls artwork etc., move all of your appliances away from the walls, take off plate covers for the electrical switches, pull everything out of your cabinets, and make sure that any food that’s card board boxes will not be exposed, and stay out for 2 hours after treatment, so our house has been completely torn apart now 3 times. Three times I’ve been scheduled on a Friday one of these Fridays is today they were supposed to be here between eight and nine with a 30 minute heads up call it’s 10 o’clock and I haven’t heard a word and I spent 45 minutes on hold just to be sent to voicemail. The other two experiences that I have they were supposed to be here on a Friday at some point between 8 AM and 8 PM the first time a guy showed up and didn’t have the equipment needed for a deep fumigation and had no clue that that’s what he was supposed to do so we had to reschedule for the morning after again with my house completely torn apart so we had to go stay somewhere else with five kids two adults three dogs. The second time I got a phone call at 7:30 at night after taking off of work arranging for kids and dogs to be elsewhere all day and was told they wouldn’t be coming out because they didn’t have mouse traps. I needed a roach fumigation.! Again having displaced my whole family we had to wait until Saturday and go elsewhere because again our whole house was torn apart. Here we are at 10 o’clock on a Friday with having been scheduled between 8 and 9 AM no phone call no nothing. I absolutely do not recommend using this company we’ve never had this much problems with pests. I regret switching to them and wish that we had never done so. Every time that they do come out here we have a new problem we had a slight roach problem now we have a large roache problem. We never had mice now we do. We never had snakes my son has taken one out of my house recently. Its been our experience that the more we deal with Moxie and we’re in a contract the more pests we have. Not just the human ones that can’t show up on time or even the day of scheduled service with proper equipment.

Heather Mager

I considered switching to Moxie Pest Control from a different company. They have been to my house three times to treat ants, spiders, and ear wigs and have failed to even remotely stop them after two visits and coming back for return treatment. We now have five large fire ant mounds in the backyard and fire ants in front of our landing to the front door. I would not recommend this company. The only positive experience I've had with this company are the employees are very polite and respectful. I called today about the issues I am having, and canceling my service with them and was told they would call me back today but they were extremely busy. Still waiting for that phone call I made earlier today...

Aurkia TV Loganville, GA

I bought their pest control and termite services. I paid in full for termite services and pest was paid for first visit and supposed to pay on every visit. They promised me to clean all the webs outside and control all roaches, ants, mosquitoes and lots other insects inside and outside. I told them I have allergies from most of these insects. After their service nothing gone. Before next visit I called and told them I m not happy with your pest service and didn't want it anymore. The guy over the phone was rude and said if you discontinue you have to pay early termination fee of 300 dollars. I said why should I pay if it is not working. He put me on hold for some manager to talk with me but manager never came on the line for half an hour. I ended call and called back and left a message to call me back, but I never got a call back. My card on the file was not having enough money for next visit so was declined and they removed the termite system from my property for which I paid in full. As I did not got a call back so I thought to wait for next visit thinking maybe it works this time but I see roaches, spiders and mosquitoes all around and inside the house as well every day. I told them I have allergies with insects and I am attaching pictures after 2 months of my legs which were bitten by mosquitoes and are not healed till today. After this horrible experience I would suggest every one to not sign up with this I'll manner and negative professionall attitude company.

Amber Denver, CO

*I will start off by giving them props for dropping the cancellation fee for us after we called with our concerns. The worker was also nice and was on time. However those are the only positives I have to say. I am incredibly annoyed that we paid them at all for a service that was misrepresented. (We still had to pay them for the first service. It was only the cancellation fee they didn't make us pay) If the below concerns don't bother you they may still be a good option but make sure you know what you are signing up for and don't trust what the sales representatives say. Not at all happy after inspecting our receipt with a breakdown with what products were used. Feeling like we were lied to in order to make the sale (that or the sales people don't really know what is being used). Our main concern was that the products used were both pet and pollinator safe. We were assured they were and what asked what product they used we were told Essentria which is actually harmful to bees except when done when they aren't active (I.e early morning which is when we scheduled it) because it is supposed to seep in to the ground since it is an oil. By the time pollinators are out they wouldn't have access to the pesticide. Not only were there other products on the receipt but the one we were told was used wasn't listed AT ALL. They instead used a granulate (Alpine WSG which is highly toxic to bees and stays on the ground) that is weather and water resistant which isn't safe around gardens (another concern we asked about) and will kill ALL insects. Including the good ones. Which is NOT what we were sold on.

Linda Jewell Chandler, AZ

We just had our first service with Moxie Pest Control. Our home backs up to the desert and with summer approaching we wanted to be proactive regarding unwanted summer "visitors". From salesman, Danny C, to technician, Nate G, we were very impressed with the professionalism and knowledge of these representatives. Both young men were very presonalble and extremely friendly. We look forward to a continued relationship with this company.

Reply from Moxie

Welcome to Moxie, Linda! We're excited to be caring for your home, and can't wait to keep up the great work :)

H M Smith Salt Lake City, UT

Fernando just left my location in West Valley City and he did an awesome job of taking care of our property for pest control. The company has be excellent with their service and I highly recommend their technicians. Fernando cam in, took care of the things he needed to get done and was very professional about it. I home he is the tech that will be assigned to our area when the next scheduled spraying comes up.

Reply from Moxie

We're glad you're loving life with Moxie, and we can't wait to share your kind words with Fernando! Thank you, H!

Rick Poole

We just started with Moxie and have been extremely impressed with the interaction with the sales rep (Tyson), office staff (Courney, Bethaney, Daily, and Lorin) and technicia (Jared). If the product is as good as the customer service it will be exceptional! Dealing with Moxie has been an outstanding experience! Thanks for showing that customer service matters to your company!

Reply from Moxie

You're very welcome, Rick! We're glad you love our team as much as we love caring for your home :)

Jo-Ellen Eiseman Marietta, GA

I just returned from the hospital and was trying to take a nap when a moxie cold call salesman knocked. When I answered the door I stated I was trying to take a nap. He insisted on trying to talk. I told him I am good and not interested. He continued to try to find out what pest service and I told I am not interested. I said " I am good... goodbye ". He said "what the hell!?"

Jeff Ely Fredericksburg, VA

Signed up for the 12-month treatment with Moxie. We've had a trickling of ants, a few mice, and live near some wooded area so some basic pest control wasn't too hard of a sell for them. Then they sent out a "free termite inspection". This guy thought I was an absolute moron. When people try to sell me stuff like this I lean into "educate me" approach. Sometimes they just tell me a bunch of stuff I already knew, but sometimes they tell me something I didn't know! I learn something and they make a sale. But sometimes, they say stuff that isn't true. This guy tried to convince me I needed to spend more than $2,000 on termite remediation. I said, ok, show me. He didn't spend much time in the house, but went out to the yard and flipped over rocks and pointed out ants, and tunnels dug by other bugs. He found some ants with wings. I put my hand in the dirt and pulled a few out until I could get one with wings. He tried to tell me that yeah that's a termite and you can tell because the wings are longer than the body. I know what an ant looks like. For those of you who don't know. Ant's have elbowed antenni, termites don't. Ant's have a clear head, thorax, and abdomen, termites just have one long body. Ant's have visible eyes, termites don't.

Linda Castro Tucson, AZ

I have been so satisfied with your service. Your Field experts are very helpful and follow up with me on any issues that I have. Thank you Frank K

Connie Phoenix, AZ

The gentleman by the name of Race was very pleasant, and explained where he would be spraying according to my first meeting with the sales person. He was very professional. Did not disturb anyone. When he finished he told me about some hot spots that he found and gave an extra spraying. I thought he was great!

Reply from Moxie

Three cheers for Race! You're going to make his day when he sees this, Connie!

Sandy P Villa Park, CA

I have used Moxie now for over a year and am very happy with their service and especially their technicians who are very thorough and listen to the problems you are having and treat accordingly. Today Mike M came for the service and was excellent. I would recommend Moxie without hesitation

Reply from Moxie

Happy 1-year Moxieversary, Sandy! We're thrilled to hear you're loving your service, and look forward to keeping up the great work :)

Patricia Holmes Franklin, TN

We have had a rough summer with spiders and ants. Every day we find new webs to deal with. Moxie lets us call for additional trips at not additional cost. John T came to our home and sprayed both outside and inside our home with an odorless mix that is safe for our pets. He was pleasant and polite as he worked his way around. When done he explained everything he had done and offered to come back again if we did not see an improvement. I would have given five stars if the office had given me a four hour window when I called this morning and asked.

Reply from Moxie

Thank you for the great feedback, Patricia! We're glad you enjoyed John's service :)

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I use Moxie Pest Control and they give me a heads up when they are coming. They tell me what is going on and if I would like anything more. Since they have been coming I haven't noticed one spider or pest anywhere. They always say that they will come back if I see anything, but I have never had to call them back. They also work well for me in the seasons as I can put them on hold for the winter months and then have them come back again.

Reply from Moxie

Pest free is the way to be! We're glad you're impressed by our communication skills and service, Kristin!

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We decided to change our pest control to Moxie because of a bad experience with our former company and have been really happy. They always send a text or email to remind us they are coming and they an email asking us for comments on how our agent did in coming to our home. We had only one experience where we found a couple of spiders after a treatment and they came back promptly and resprayed for free to the delight of my 10 year old!!

Reply from Moxie

We're excited to have you as a part of Moxie, Ashley, and always happy to return if an area of your home needs some extra attention :)

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

I recently started a service contract with Moxie. The salesman that came to my area was friendly and helpful. I received notifications about when the technician would be coming. The technician that came to apply the treatment was on time and was mindful of my pets. I like that there is an essential oil treatment option. I also like that they treat for snails, which seems to be a problem in my area lately.

Reply from Moxie

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your service, and look forward to impressing you at every visit, Jo!

Leslie Fialhow Southampton, PA

The exterminators are inexperienced and provide inaccurate information. Scheduling is problematic: first they sent someone out randomly when I wasn't home, then when I tried to schedule treatment they didn't show up (twice).

Lisa Allen Atlanta, GA

The gentlemen that came out to my home were very polite so I have no complaint there. But when I tried to cancel my account I got transferred twice, sat on hold for more than 10 mins, and then hung -up on.

Matthew Manieri Richmond, VA

Somehow moxie still can’t get it together when it comes to customer service. Recently they switched to a monthly billing which I declined and said I would stick with quarterly. Somehow I was charge a monthly Bill and called to speak to a manager. It took them roughly 11 minutes to get a manager on a phone but it turns outThat I now have the name of the customer service manager out of Dallas which is where the headquarters is located. Hopefully she doesn’t hear from me every quarter after I receive service with hopes that my level of satisfaction is higher than one star. Good Luck to others considering Moxie!

Pamela Raleigh, NC

Jesse has gone beyond the call in helping us with some issues we have as a home on the water, where pests seem to feel as much at home as we do! We appreciate the great job he does. Thanks, Jesse and Moxie.

Reply from Moxie

On behalf of Jesse, "You're welcome, Pamela!" You're going to make his day when he sees this :)

Jerry Bustamante San Antonio, TX

Kade M. was very professional and did an amazing job. We would recommend Moxie to our neighbors, friends, and family. Thank you Kade for your professionalism and for making our house pest free. Sincerely Bustamante Family

Reply from Moxie

You're making our day with this review, Jerry! Thank you for recommending Moxie :)

Karen Dunkley Dallas, TX

Scammers. Charged us AFTER the contract ended several months ago. Then gave us the runaround until we went to our bank and disputed the charge. Do NOT use this company ever

Sarah Kaysville, UT

My family actually just got signed up for moxie pest control for the next year. The guy that helped us out was so nice he knew us stuff well. My dad always asks thousands of questions and he came back and answered them all without any hesitation.

Reply from Moxie

We're happy to answers any questions you have, Sarah! We're glad we impressed you with our expertise :)

Isaac Kaysville, UT

My wife and I actually just barley had a moxie sales guy come to our door and he was really nice and chill and didn’t push us. So we talked about it for a day and then went ahead and got the pest control. We appreciate that he wasn’t super pushy or rude.

Reply from Moxie

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your experience, Isaac! We look forward to providing you with 5-star worthy service :)

Nathan Hanamaikai American Fork, UT

Most people don't know or trust that they really will send out a tech to do a follow up treatment if you see pests after they've sprayed. Bugs are resilient and often need more than one treatment in some areas. Don't be shy about calling them up for a follow up!

Reply from Moxie

We're always happy to return to your home if needed, Nathan! Thank for leaving the great feedback :)

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

Moxie Pest Control has great customer service. They came to our home and made sure we are happy with our service and would repeat it if we weren't. They worked with us on the timing and the billing and made it easy on our budget. We were able to freeze it during the winter months and then start again in the Spring.

Reply from Moxie

Customer service is a top priority for us, and we're glad you can tell, Reese! We can't wait to keep impressing you with our service :)

Ashley Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

My family uses Moxie for our Pest problems. We live in Utah where spiders love to find their hiding spots especially downstairs where my room is. I feel safe and protected with Moxie because if we ever see a spider they will come back for free that month and respray!

Reply from Moxie

We're thrilled to hear our service makes you feel safe in your home, Ashley! Spiders run in fear when Moxie is near :)

Tammy Lancaster Rowlett, TX

ALFONZA WAS THE BEST. VERY PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS AND ATTENTIVE TO MY NEEDS OF MY ANTS AND SPIDERS. I WOULD RECCOMEND ALFONZA TO ALL MY FRIENDS FOR MY PEST CONTROL NEEDS.

Kyle Ashburn, VA

Young man came knocking on our door and said he noticed a spider on my front window. Said it would get rid of most insects. I said let me try one treatment, but he said 1 year contract, but after the next treatment if I wasn't satisfied, I could cancel the contract. Never had insect issues, just a few spider webs here and there. A few spider webs here and there that I clean myself, nothing has changed. Today I walked into a spider web where they sprayed, so I called to cancel my subscription, and got the whole song and dance about I signed a one year contract and that it takes at least 6 months to see any difference. This will put us in the dead of winter which I've never seen spiders in Northern Virginia, nor any other insects for that matter. After comparing the services provided and prices, Moxie is way over priced compared to the other top name service providers. Not only are their services not effective, they don't honor their verbal promises. If the sales rep says you can cancel, put it in writing. Now a days I guess a man's word means absolutely nothing, what a shame. If they talk you into signing and saying you can cancel after one quarterly treatment, have him or her put it in writing, don't be naive/idiot like me and take their word for it. A learned!

Reply from Moxie

Kyle, we apologize for the misunderstandings regarding your account. It's certainly in no one's best interest for the terms of the agreement to not be communicated clearly, and we're sorry that happened.

Ed Slayton Nashville, TN

I live in a subdivision where our HOA has a "no soliciting" sign posted at the entrance. I ALSO have a "No Soliciting" sign posted PLAINLY on my storm door. A young man from Moxie knocked on my door yesterday. I pointed to the sign -- He said, "Oh I can read, I saw the sign, but I just thought I'd take a chance". He proceeded to tell me he had a "permit/license" that "allowed" him to go door to door. He was extremely arrogant and disrespectful. I'm 75 years old with sickness in the house. It was obvious that he had no respect for my neighbors and me. It was all ABOUT HIM and MON EY. IN ADDITION -- He is the SECOND solicitor from Moxie to do this. The first was just not as arrogant and disrespectful as this one. SHAME ON MOXIE. I talked to the president of our HOA -- who also has a sign in her yard -- and he rang her doorbell too.

Reply from Moxie

Ed, please accept our apologies for any disruptions. We always make sure to have the proper permits, but it's not our intent to cause frustration.

Tired of Soliciting Pickerington, OH

This company is awful. Solicit my door weekly in central Ohio in the spring and summer and as a previous poster wrote, they roll their eyes and “huff” when they learn of who you are using for pest control. Then they offer to “beat the price” you’re paying. Young, inexperienced sales reps ride up on scooters with iPads delivering promises they can’t keep. I actually bought a “no soliciting” sign solely because of this company. Just recently, a sales rep from Moxie knocked on my good friend’s door to solicit service and he is already a customer! How poor. Do yourself a favor and hire a real exterminating company in Central Ohio. Capital City Exterminating is who we use and have had flawless service, results and complete satisfaction. Also good is “Champion” Extermination (according to my colleagues). Another local and good company. Not just trying to promote CCE.

Reply from Moxie

We apologize for disturbing you, and the frustration you've experienced.

Glen G Canal Winchester, OH

I started with Moxie in the spring 2019 I received 3 applications with limited effect. My main reason for the rating is for the response i received once one of the technicians damaged my property while apply their product. The technician told me about the incident and i call the home office in Gahanna to ask for the remainder of my last application cancelled. As in previous negative posts they are very predatory with their contract and unwilling to cancel the contract with out try to apply a $196.00 cancellation fee. My last application was for $109.00 if i was to continue to show the discrepancy on up charging me. I tried reasoning with the Represenative and elevating to his supervisor on cancelling at no cost to either party even though i suffered damages by an irresponsible party not full filling their portion of the commitment. The best they could offer was $30.00 for my property damage. Hope this review helps

Reply from Moxie

Glen, we are so sorry for the frustration you're experiencing, and it's concerning to us as well. We want to make sure this has been taken care of so will you please give our office a call. We're not able to locate your account based on your username provided.

Jennifer Raleigh, NC

Moxie Pest Control promises you that if you sign the one year contract they can eliminate insect problems. You don't get to see if it works. We signed up and the first treatment they did the yard, clear webs on outside of house and treated around foundations. We were still infested with sugar ants. They came the next month and did nothing to the yard like they were supposed to, cleaned webs around the front door only and didn't treat the yard as agreed. The next visit they weren't at our house even 10 minutes so they did very little. Never did the yard each time like they were supposed to do again. We were stuck with a company that didn't do as agreed to for the full year and still had to treat ourselves with Home Defense. Service just doesn't work at all.

Reply from Moxie

Jennifer, we're concerned about your experience and would like to look further into this. Will you please email us at with the name and address on your account. We'll be able to reach out as soon as we get your information.

Van McKinney, TX

We decided to give this company a chance because the guy who knocked on our door was very persistent and the list of services included treating my entire lawn, sweeping eaves, and installing rodent traps; all things which were important to us. The first technician showed up and just treated the exterior perimeter of our home. He neglected to treat the lawn, sweep the eaves, and install the rodent traps. We have cameras around our home to verify this. They sent a second tech to make up for this. He treated the interior of our home, but was very reckless with the spray. It seemed as if he was irritated to be there. He would just walk around and spray the baseboards from a distance, without trying to control over-spray. He swept the eaves in our front patio, but not the rear. He did not treat the lawn, although his report claimed that he did. This was again verified by security camera footage. He did not install rodent traps. He did not call an hour before arriving (as promised). At that point, I was done with this company. I tried calling to cancel my service and was transferred to voicemail, so I left a message. No call back, so I left 3 more messages over the next couple days. I finally expressed my frustrations to the next person who answer the phone and she got an "account manager" on the line. The account manager rambled on - expressing an excessive amount of empathy. I finally had to cut her off and say, please just get to the part where you cancel my service. Then it was a 20 minute conversation of her not understanding the word "no". She kept asking for another chance, and saying she would call me back at a better time, when I wasn't so frustrated. I told her that I don't want to babysit their techs every time they come. That I've given them enough chances. And, that this extremely frustrating conversation was confirmation that I did not want to do any business with them. The girl would not let me speak with her supervisor. So, I still had to pay the early termination, even though they did not perform services as promised.

Keith Tucson, AZ

Did a lousy job. Would not spray per the walkdown with their salesman. First spray price was $100.00 as agreed. I told them that I not longer wanted services. They told me there was no cost to respray. It still did not meet the agreement. It cost me another $139.00. I was told they will not use a ladder or spray above head height. They ask me to give them another chance for a third spray. Still have bugs. Also will need to hire a widow washing company to clean the windows they sprayed. We have paid them $260.00 ton date and they want another $160.00 to not come back. Don't let them in the door. You will be sorry

Dennis Sun City, CA

Ifeel companies should have integrity . This company, not at all. They started by sending abunch off their solicitors into an gated community that does not allow soliciting. The salesman that came tho my house lied through his teeth claiming he just did a job around the corner trying to push his service on me.. LIES and DECEPTION. People that have used this company are not happy. It wouldn't surprise me that they falsify and put positive comments on this site themselves. CROOKED BUSINESS PRACTICE! Zero stars. FYI THIS WAS NOT AN ISOLATED INCEDENT. THE GROUP DID THIS ALL OVER OUR COMMUNITY. LIES LIES LIES.

J Foster Cedar City, UT

Awful company. Employees over the phone are condescending. They hook you into an annual contract for 4 quarterly sprayings at $99 a visit. After 1st treatment we had spiders and earwigs worse than ever. Came out during early Feb for treatment, everything's frozen, snow and no bugs out. You may need 4 treatments a year in St George but the majority of the state has single digit temps and snow from Nov to March. Bugs are dormant. Went to cancel service and they threatened $170 EARLY CANCELLATION FEE!!! "Its in our contract". Oops, minor detail omitted when salesman first approaches your home. You don't need Moxie annual service and almost $400 a year is ridiculous. Ortho Home Defense spray. $40 for a huge container to spray outside and inside perimeter. Done. Moxie name is fitting as "moxie" means ....NERVE.