GoBank is a full featured, online checking account service. It's different from a traditional bank, financial institution, or credit union in that it only operates online. It operates through Green Dot Bank, one of the financial institutions available through Walmart. GoBank became available in October of 2014, designed as a checking account product for people on the go. It markets to low and moderate income individuals and families while often attracting customers who are dissatisfied with big bank policies. Assets are protected by FDIC, which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank. GoBank is a legit and real bank.

GoBank partners with Uber to provide a Uber Visa Debit Card exclusively to drivers.

#1 BBVA Compass chevron_right
2.2
#3 Capital One 360 chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• Ease of Opening an Account
  • Features
  • Online Banking
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Ease of Opening an Account

GoBank does everything a standard checking account does and has several attractive features. To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the GoBank mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Master Card debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

To open an account, you will need to provide GoBank with your name, address, birthdate, social security number (SSN), phone number, and other personal information. This information is used to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.

Features

A customer cannot be denied a checking account, as long as he or she has a valid state ID. GoBank does not use a credit bureau rating to screen potential clients. GoBank account holders only need to set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to avoid any fees. This deposit can come from any regularly occurring source, such as payroll or government income. Once that is arranged, bankers can rely on the following features:

• no overdraft, NSF, penalty, or annual fees
  • no minimum balance requirements
  • free monthly maintenance
  • early payroll deposit (averages 2 days before paper check)

If you overdraft your account and even if the account remains overdrawn for several days, there is no fee, as long as a direct deposits entering the account total $500 every month. So a minimum deposit is required to keep your account in overdraft.

GoBank users can deposit cash at participating retailers including 7-11, Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. This will cost you a fee of up to $4.95. Though GoBank is an online-only bank, users can order personal checks to pay bills or pay people just like you could at a traditional bank. A pack of checks costs $5.95.

Online Banking

GoBankers also do not have to fret about banking hours and locations like you might have to with traditional banks, financial institutions, or credit unions. They can access their accounts on their iPhones, iPod Touch, Android device, computer, or inside of a participating Walmart store. In addition to receiving direct deposits, the GoBank checking account can:

• deposit checks
  • pay any bill
  • send money to anyone
  • send money to other GoBank account holders through email or text message
  • deposit funds into account using cash or debit card at any Walmart checkout
  • mail checks to anyone for free
  • withdraw funds at one of 42,000 ATM's for free
  • write checks from paper or free digital checkbook

Green Dot Bank includes two additional features that are not typically a part of a checking account: a Fortune Teller mobile app that  advises user to spend within their pre-set budget and Money Vault, a GoBank savings account that is unattached to the checking account.

See our Gobank reviews to see more opinions about Gobank.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loans, so if you receive a call offering you a GoBank loan, it is a scam. GoBank will not ask for your personal information like social security number, birthdate, or debit card number over phone or email. If someone asks you for this, they are not affiliated with GoBank and are committing fraud.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Uber created a benefit-heavy debit card exclusively for drivers. It's not common for a debit card to have perks or cash back like a credit card would. Though the card comes with cash back on some auto-related purchases and at Walmart and Sprint, the drawbacks and limitations might not be convincing enough to open an account if you are already satisfied with your current bank. See uber debit card review of GoBank and of its partnership with Uber below. People are really good about leaving accurate and up to date uber debit card review for others to see.

The Bad

• Direct Deposit
  • Other Limitations
  • Customer Complaints

Direct Deposit

GoBank account holders must have a direct deposit to qualify for an account. In addition to that, they will be charged an $8.95 fee and will continue to be charged each month until at least $500 enters the account through direct deposit. ATM's that are outside the GoBank network cost $2.50 to use and could charge additional fees. GoBank transactions that occur out of the United States have a 3% transaction fee. Accounts cannot exceed $50,000.

All cash deposits must be at least $20 and not exceed $1,100 per transaction; they cannot exceed $3000 within a 30 day timeframe. Income tax deposits cannot be made after June 2nd of the year it was filed. Account holders in Wyoming and Vermont cannot make cash deposits inside Walmart.

Other Limitations

Personal check deposits have a maximum limit of $2000 and could take as long as 10 days to process (first deposit limit is $500). Commercial checks (payroll, cashier, money order, business, etc.) cannot exceed $10,000 (first time is $5,000). Checks less than $5,000 will take up to 10 days to process; checks between $5,000 and $10,000 will 10 days. You cannot deposit government checks that are more than $5000.

Electronic payments take 2 to 3 days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24 hour timeframe.

If a debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to 4 weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed. Another report is that the online system has a lot of glitches. These are a definitely not a bonus for potential users.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loan services such as student loans, mortgages, personal loans, or business loans. This can be a huge negative for students who are looking for student loans. GoBank also does not offer a credit card, it only offers a GoBank debit card (Visa, MasterCard, and a special Uber Visa debit card). It also does not offer any cash back rewards. GoBank doesn't offer joint accounts.

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Complaints

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons. Without warning, a customer receives a notification that their account has closed. One complaint states that when she called GoBank about her account closing, she was told it was due to a suspicious mobile deposit. According to the customer, this was a recurring deposit from the same source, with the same signature, and the same amount. Another customer had the same problem happen with his payroll check.

There have also been reports of fraudulent use of the debit cards. This includes use of the uber debit card review. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and transferred funds that never got transferred. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities. Even though GoBank advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for instant pay, online purchases questions, credit score, points, statement credit, uber and lyft questions concerning the uber debit card review and uber app, overdraft fees, onboarding (such as online subscription services) and annual fee. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

For more common complaints, see our collection of GoBank reviews including the uber debit card review below.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for someone who for one reason or another, cannot open a standard bank account, or would be unable to afford it. Even to some who do not have those restrictions, it may be quite an attraction to have a checking account with no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. Without overdraft fees, you can still have overdraft protection and earn cash. It is also very convenient to mail paper checks for free or have an app tell you to pass up a purchase because it could unbalance your budget. It really is a free checking account. This makes it easy for account opening and transaction fees.

However, you MUST have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. If you lose your debit card or get it stolen it will take weeks before another one will be issued, and the funds cannot be accessed without it. It has several no fee options and free services that most banks do not, especially with such a small balance. However, there are some kinks that need to be ironed out so that the system operates more smoothly and efficiently. Those that use GoBank for online banking services can expect the following:
  1. Limited fees and penalties
  2. Online access to funds
  3. Deposit limitations

For more information, see the GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers. Though GoBank doesn't seem to do anything illegal, due to their awful experience, some customers feel that GoBank is a scam.

1.3

Ashley Talley

January 8th, 2018 Elgin, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently received my official card in the mail. I called the number on the card to activate it. I added funds on my card at Wal-Mart. I tried to use the app to get into my account. There was an error with my password I guess. I chose the forgot password option. It kept saying that my info was wrong when asking me for my ssn and card number. It locked my funds and I could not use my acc for 24 hrs. It has now been 2 days my acc is still locked. I tried calling to speak to customer service about my issues. But there isn't a option to speak to a live person. Turns out there is no customer service nor a option on the automatic system that will assist me with this issue.

David mckay

January 7th, 2018 Wheeling, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Go bank customer service sucks. They are the worst. If your card gets canceled because of fraudulent activities you will have to send your I.D. to a post office box in California. Stupid! !!!

Brandon Baker

January 2nd, 2018 Temple, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got an Uber card with GoBank in order to access funds more rapidly. After one month my account got cleaned out by fraudulent charges in Italy and in the U.S. I reported the fraudulent charges and they closed my account and said there was nothing they could do. I made numerous calls and never got any customer service rep in the United States. I had one person tell me in broken English that it’s not a real bank with the same protections.

Amanda Sparks

January 1st, 2018 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been using GoBank for several months now and it's been ok until recently. We never received our personalised card in the mail. We've been using the temporary card this whole time. My husband gets direct deposit on the card. They had the wrong apartment number so we changed it on the app so they would send out a new card. No one told us they would then cancel the card we had on us in order to issue the new one. I was unable to pick up my kids at Christmas from a different town, we are sitting here with no groceries, no gas, can't pay rent which is due today, and Christmas and New Years has now been ruined. I feel horrible that I ever recommended my husband to get this card in the first place. We have until the 4th to pay rent or they start the eviction notice and a bit pay check is now floating around where I can't access it. Worst experience ever. Oh ya.. They never even gave me a call back and said they don't have supervisors to talk to and we can just wait until around the 11th of January for a new card. We will be homeless by then. Thanks GoBank.

Chelsea Pence

December 26th, 2017 California Hot Springs, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst prepaid card I have ever had customer service is a joke and they have now put a hold on account twice and are making me prove my identity again! I hate this stupid bank do not use them!

Robert Edward

December 21st, 2017 Fair Haven, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well there's so many negative reviews I figured I'd put mine in. I got this account when they first started in business. Back then you could choose how much you wanted to pay for service. Anywhere from $0 to $9 per month. And you can change it up or down any time you want. Over the years I've never missed a deposit, never had any issues reaching them I did however notice my customer service number is different from the one on the new cards. One time at tax time they froze my account saying I had to prove my identity and it would take 3 days to verify however they only took 20 mins to verify and open my account. So I'm not sure if the problems are with the Walmart versions which have a different customer service number or if I am just lucky. Several years now and I still have 0 problems. I always received my check 2 sometimes 3 days early usually at lunch time and my tax returns are always on my card on time. So I can't complain. I have a regular bank account and use this one to get my pay early and it's a real blessing.

Jeffrey Goldstein

December 13th, 2017 Cherry Hill, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is the absolute worst. Their customer service by far worse than any other company. They took money out of my account without merit. After weeks of arguing with them because they pretend not to understand ( or they are not able to understand) , I closed the account. I tried calling them now and the answering machine wont put anyone through if you don't have an account, I still have an issue because they sent a letter saying the credited my account now, even though the account is closed. Can't call and can"t get my money, A 1 is too good of a rating for this company

Jeff McLaughlin

December 9th, 2017 Tomball, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My account was hacked. They basically called me a liar and said I withdrew the funds. I went thru their 2 week process and waited on supporting documents that never arrived. When I contacted them again they said they would resend them with the same 2 week window... still waiting on them to file a police report. This bank is a joke and a scam. Please don't trust your money with them.

Caroline Rector

November 28th, 2017 Jefferson, GA

Typical- you call for help and you get someone from India answering. I'm so tired of this. I signed up on gobank.com to use and view my account online and it wont let me log in!!!!!! It keeps saying my security answer is wrong and that it does not have my last 4 of my social on file (it says I am putting it in wrong) I called and the wonderful overseas helper can't unlock my account or fix the problem! I am not stupid! I know my information. This is B.S. that No one can help on their end!!!

Giovany Reillo

November 22nd, 2017 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible account, my identity was stolen and money was constantly taken out of my account even after I reported it. They have no security to protect your account there customer service is horrible. They have nothing but a bunch of non English speaking people who you cant even understand when they say Hello. And after all the paperwork and disputes of my account being stolen I still have to wait one to two months to get my money back. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in the world! GO BANK needs to GO OUT OF BUSINESS!! I would give them ZERO stars if it was allowed.

Kevin Moultry

November 18th, 2017 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GOBANK stolen 1500 dollars of SSI money from me and closed my account and refuse to return my money. I beef a lawyer and legal help

David Velzy

November 15th, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

Received an UNSOLICITED debit card with my name and an account number by mail. There is no way to contact a human being to discuss the cancellation of the undesired card/account. This is a bad company.

Warrec

November 15th, 2017 Verona, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't know how they can even get a 1 star rating. I drive for Uber, they sent me a card matched to the wrong account... they won't allow for you to ever have more than 1. If you cancel, you're screwed you can never sign up again. Tried to explain situation to customer care. They don't care, at all. They just try to get you on their other products instead of fixing the actual problem. Service rep wasn't listening to me at all, wouldn't transfer me to anyone else. They take a 2 day minimum to respond to issues. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Jazmine Branch

November 13th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is so unprofessional it's baffling! They just closed my account without my permission. I made a dispute on a charge and instead of returning my money into my account, they closed the entire account. I drive with Uber and this account is the way I get paid instantly. Now I won't be able to enjoy this instant pay feature. If I get another account, there will be no Uber perks. It will be just a normal account. I'm so upset! They tried to discourage me from speaking to someone by putting me on hold numerous times. When I finally got a hold of someone they told me there was absolutely nothing they could do for me. They had no sympathy. They had no professionalism. The supervisor refused to give me his full name. It felt like no one cared and it was THEIR FAULT!!! Do yourself a favor and take your money elsewhere!!! Oh and I still had money in my account when they closed it. They said they'll send me a check but I needed that money now and now I have to wait ten days. It's just ridiculous!

R. Mackie

November 6th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst bank ever. I got an UBER gobank account to save me 50 cent when I transfer money. I have to say that wish I didn't do it and I am going to try to get rid of this card and go back to my normal banking system. DO NOT USES THIS BANK! The security question is broken. It kept saying that I am giving the wrong answer. They cannot reset it. The customer service will put you on hold for over two mins and then come back and not be able to help you. They keep saying that I need to buy an I phone for my app to work. They say Andorid doesn't work well. Garbage App and a Garbage bank. STAY AWAY!

Tom Byrne

October 27th, 2017 Hartford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unable to do simple things like get a statement. Security password wasn't clearing, so I called the 'Bank', to reset it. But apparently this 'bank', unlike all the other legit banks in the world, can't reset your password. Meaning if for some reason your password isn't working, your essentially locked out of your account. Very poor customer service, pretty much non existent. Clueless staff, bad system.

Tim Free

October 17th, 2017

Gobank closed my account which I had already set up for direct deposit on another job. There was no forewarning in this and I cannot get a live person to explain why

Bridget Melton

October 14th, 2017 TN

my husband works out of the state, he sent me $750.00 to pay rent, I tried to get the money out of my go bank account with my card, they blocked my card and account. told me to fill out something that nobody ever sent because I couldn't reach a person on the coustmer call line. so now my rent is late , I have 3 boys at home.

Wayne T

October 11th, 2017

BEWARE! Go Bank is the worst bank ever if you have a problem or you lose your card you are S.O.L. good luck getting a customer service rep on the line to fix the issue. There phone system is completely worthless. I called there customer service number at least 20 times and entered my correct information and my call was dropped I don't even think they have customer service agents.

K

October 10th, 2017 Dallas, TX

I reported lost of my debit card. Couldn't get contact with a live customer service rep for couple of days. After that i received an email to provide an ID . I submitted driver's license's photo. They asked me to wait for 2 days, Didn't receive any notification from them 3rd i called and they told me my ID was not approved that's why my account is closed. all this proses took 15 days and the amount i had in my account they said will be sent by check which takes another 15 days. So just to get my own money i have to wait for a month. I am still waiting for the check.

LSB

October 9th, 2017 Lehigh Acres, FL

Received a debit card in mail,but never opened an account. I am not activating the card and do not want to give out my ss number, so I can not contact them. This smells like fraud to me and identity theft

Sarah

October 7th, 2017

Was able to reload temporary card. Waited the 2 weeks for my permanent card but never received. On the app when it asks to Activate card I said I never received it said another 2 weeks. Immideatly that deactivated my temporary card after I just reloaded it with a couple hundred. When I called the customer service they said I wouldn't be able to get cash or use my card, just to wait for my permanent one to come and activate it. They said they could not reactivate my temporary. I called 3 times speaking with 4 different people, one a supervisor. All give the same answers. I even went to the Wal-Mart money center, they could see I had money but were unable to move. I do not recommend this company if you want access to your money.

John

October 6th, 2017

Listen to my words carefully, DO NOT USE GO BANK. I had a merchant charge my account on accident and the merchant admitted it was a mistake. I called go bank and they basically said nothing they can do, they wouldn't stop the charge from going through. On top of that since I called customer service multiple times about the issue, the 3rd time I called the automated system wouldn't put me through to a rep. Bottom line is if this would have been a large amount of money I would have just been out that money for 14 days which is how long it takes to resolve a disputed charge, so imagine living without your entire pay check for that long.

Shannon

October 2nd, 2017

The worst customer service I have ever received in my life my account was compromised I was told that I would still be able to pay my bills using my account number and routing number on to find out I can't and they have blocked all my direct deposits

Izzy

September 27th, 2017

Total fraud in my opinion. The customer service people are in the Phillipines and hard to understand. They are also rude and argumentative. A Utah based and no Americans in CS? I want my money back, but I doubt I will see it.

Roszina Martin

September 22nd, 2017 NC

They don't tell u u have a certain amount to move from ur vault on a daily basis. If u go over that amount u have to wait 24 hours (PST) time before u can access your money!! And then give u a budget each hour to access your funds

Marcetta Y Bailey

September 19th, 2017

# 05758607 After the hurricane in Texas I filed Identity theft to check my back up card ...Green Dot for my extra funds. Any company that I have contacted since the concern has did what they can do to expedite the Texas customers. I explained to the these funds depended on me being homeless no one expressed any sympathy or went out of the way to assist me due to the circumstance. I was told I needed to send another form in because it was denied because of information that I filled out wrong. After submitting again they told me to wait another 2 weeks in which I was never called back since the initial time that I filed dispute. I was never questioned by a supervisor or representative by return of call. I had to call them they canceled my card so I was not able to talk to the customer service line without a card number it took me a couple of days to find another number for assistance to again receive customer service. It would be different if I disputed large amounts all the time. That would be a red flag for them to deny it, not only do I have to pay for new card they are telling me I'm denied in getting my funds reversed. Know one was given my pin number that information was filled out incorrectly. I sent it the corrected form with more supportive information and they stated that I will still need to wait 2 weeks. The fault is at customer service assistance because if I was guided correctly or ever called back by someone to discuss I would have fixed the issue along time ago. I don't accept having to wait another 2 weeks when I am homeless and they know the conditions with Texas inclement weather. They give you company Terms and conditions as if I dont work in customer service. I go out my way to resolve issues for mistakes caused by the customer service agents I work with. Not matter the compromise I find away to resolve the customer issue with one call resolution not 2 weeks. I'm able to verify payments and refund within 24 hours, if a customer has a problem with a charge. Even if It takes me an hour to complete and I have to call the customer back I as a agent take responsibility at the end of the day no matter how good a product can be if there is poor customer service it is not worth it

Elaine Kosty

September 16th, 2017 League City, TX

I have been a victim of identity theft and can not reach a live person to talk to....

Kayleeanne cookwilliams

September 13th, 2017

They haven't let me deposit my checks threw my account & there isn't a branch to take them to ounce they declined them for no reason. I feel they are going my constitutional right to cash a check when they don't let me

Belen Cardoza

September 13th, 2017 Chatsworth, CA

I recently lost my debit card. Charges totally $245. were charged to my account. I reported these unauthorized charges. Its been 15 days and still waiting for them to credit my account. I was told it will take up to 45 days to get my money. If I wanted my money faster I should call each vendor to ask inform them of the incident. Once you file a claim you are not suppose to call customer service because they will have no information. Will never use this bank again.

Christine nejedly

September 12th, 2017

Closed my account for NO reason and VERY hard to talk to a actual human over the phone. Horrible customer service!!!!!

Kimberly Tezeno

September 11th, 2017

Someone opened an account with my personal information. I got a card in the mail and when I went online, there was someone's email attached to my personal info. I contacted customer service and they were able to close the account.

Shana Adams

August 27th, 2017 Sandston, VA

My husband and I are both gobank account holders. We do it this way because he is out of town alot for work and he can send me money anytime and i get it instantly. Well now, the last few weeks, but account has been locked from sending or receiving money. I sent gobank a message and we went back and forth. First lie they told me was that sending was down for maintenance...Well i message them and let them know that they were being dishonest because my husband and myself got onto his account to check and he still had the receive and send option. I then get a message back asking for all of my details, account information and personal information. I send them all of this. They come back and ask me again to send the same information so i let them know i have already done so. Then they proceed to tell me that send and receiving of funds is something they dont do anymore...thats funny, check my husbands account again and there it is, he can still send and receive! So then he goes to send me money through facebook messenger and now im going rounds with facebook because now my card has been flagged for fraud. Worst company i have ever dealt with. The dishonesty is what has done me in.

Mike Martinez

August 25th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GoBank has abruptly terminated the electronic "pay" feature that ALL other banks allow. This is the ability to send and receive money to email or phone via text. And CS doesn't know why!

Anita Murray

August 22nd, 2017 Spartanburg, SC

Took away the send money option that's the only reason i had this card was to send money my kids

A Gaskins

August 19th, 2017

A fraudulent purchase in the amount of $429.84 was made on my account on July 24, I filed a police report submitted a transaction dispute was told I would receive my money in 10 days... Well that didn't happen, Aug 7 I tried to check the status of my dispute and could not get in touch with customer service because GOBank closed my account. I had to send an email and received a call on Aug 10 from Michael who told me they denied my dispute and that I needed to submit another one along with the hard copy police report and that I may get my money in 10 days. August 17 I called Green Dot corporate dispute line to check the status and was told they had no update as of yet but if they cannot arrive at a decision by Aug 24 they will push the date to Sept 24 to make a decision. I asked if there was anything else they needed from me they said no what I submitted was enough and since my account is closed they will not be issuing any provisional credits to me. I have contacted an attorney and am waiting for a response. Moral of the story: If you are temporarily unable to get a traditional bank account DO NOT use any card issued by Green Dot Corporation!!! Use NetSpend instead, this week I am going to open an account with Bank of America they have an excellent fraud division.

Brian T

August 8th, 2017

The customer service is quite lousy. The company guidelines on check holds are severe like 14 days for a check I deposited thru my mobile phone to one week for pending transactions to fall off and your money back into the account. Avoid this company at all cost!

Jeffery P Kwant

August 7th, 2017

Consumers beware if your looking for a competent online banking company this is not it. The customer service representatives are lousy at listening can't follow along to resolve issues. Example, I am an Uber driver and when I got my Go Bank Uber debit card in the mail and was activating it I guess I didn't fully go through the email verification link and forgot to write down what password I used. You would think it would be a simple fix as sending another email verification links is done all the time. Nope not with Go Bank, they insisted on saying that there is a link on Uber's website under the banking tab. No there isn't so after a month of calling, so many times on hold, having to repeat myself multiple times, getting redundent questions I got online access today because I put the Uber representative on the phone. Save yourself the grief and time in avoiding opening an account with these guys they are plain dumb.

hsienming syu

August 7th, 2017 San Gabriel, CA

STAY AWAY THEY WILL HOLD YOUR ACCOUNT RANSOM DON'T BE RIPPED WITH 8.75 CHARGE FOR NON-USAGE

Daniel Dcardenas

August 4th, 2017 Houston, TX

I had GoBank for about a year and I can say that I didn't have many issues. I had a few friends with other banks who lost their debit cards and were able to access their money immediately at local branches. My biggest concern was that if I lost my card i'd have to wait a long time before I received my replacement to access my money. The biggest downfall was the time it took for funds to be available after making deposits. Also, the customer service is foreign and doesn't run like a financial institution. I opened an SafeBalance acct with Bank Of America and feel much more at ease with this acct. It has a $4.95/mo charge but it never overdrafts/or has insufficient fees. When I've had issues i just go to a branch in person. I'm glad I left GoBank.

David

August 3rd, 2017 Aransas Pass, TX

These people are straight up crooks. Soak your cash in gas and put a flame to it and you will have a better experience. Above all the customer service is non existent, to the point they claim to not even have supervisors and will hang up the phone on you.

Curtis Delane McKinley

July 28th, 2017

My account was hacked and drained of all funds. Instead of immediately issuing a refund like SunTrust and Bank of America have done in the past, GoBank says they will take 10+ days to investigate, with no guarantee the money will be returned. And the customer service is horrible.

Cheryl Powell

July 27th, 2017

$ taken w/o auth. Process to investigate very long.

Lyle Delaney

July 25th, 2017

I don't give much advice on products but some just need light shined on negative, dark business practices. GoBank debit card connected to UberDriver App continues to fail good hard working people. I've been locked out of my account "vault" separate savings option that was the reason for signing up. Don't do it!! Seems like they're always "updating" which means no access. Excessive is word that comes to mind. The App is always having log in issues and few times of log in no good 24 hour lock out unless reset with device other then cell. Well, PC and laptop, tablet, most times nothing resets account!! Don't even think your money is your money. GoBank finds it "not my problem" Run!!!!

Susanne

July 12th, 2017 CA

They keep rejecting every deposit..i adhere to their policies yet they feel a need to screw with any deposits made to my account

jmac

June 28th, 2017

These are a bunch of hateful crooks and they need shut down. They got my money already and said I cant have it till July 11th when the bank on my end says it cleared yesterday and they have the money. Then this manager named Eric got smart and well just hung up on me like it was funny to him. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE AND IF YOU DO DONT SAY YOU WERENT WARNED.

Tenesha Curtis

June 25th, 2017

I have had the best experience with GoBank. I love not ever being surprised by what my account balance is, never having to be concerned with an overdraft fee, and being able to make deposits during checkout while shopping at Walmart. The feature I probably love the second most (after no overdraft fees!), is the pre-authorized checks. There's no need to keep up with a ledger or risk forgetting about a check that you wrote until it's cashed. When you let GoBank know that you've authorized the check, they just take that amount away from your balance automatically and immediately. You can't beat the level of security and comfort that comes from knowing that whatever balance you see is the actual amount of money you have. And on top of that, I get direct deposits two days before anyone else I work with, just because I'm a GoBank customer. Talk about a perk! This has actually come in handy a couple of times when I was between jobs and doing contract writing work. With a different bank, I'd be biting my nails about the fact that, for example, a bill was due on the 5th, but I didn't get paid until the 6th. I was guaranteed a late fee on the bill or, if it was an automatic debit, a low balance or overdraft fee. However, with GoBank, I'd get paid on 4th, giving me plenty of time to pay the bill online or in-person. And with the pre-authorized checks, I could just write the check out and send it and simply authorize it once the money came in. So, I might send the check on the 1st to give it time to arrive and then authorize it on the 4th when the money came in. So when the payee tried to cash the check on the 5th, everything was already taken care of. I have never received this level of convenience and intuitive design from any other banking institution. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for other banks to make using their account so simple and transparent! Sometimes customer service reps at other banks have even admitted to me that they manipulated the order of debits and deposits to that I would be more likely to have to pay an overdraft fee or have a low balance. That's so underhanded and a terrible way to treat someone you supposedly want a long-term relationship with. I have yet to experience a better banking relationship with another company than I have with GoBank (I've been with PNC, US Bank, Chase, multiple credit unions, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo). I recommend GoBank to all my friends and family to help them save money on fees and save headache when it comes to managing their account. The single downside (the only thing that lead me to give a 9 instead of a 10) to the account so far (and I'm hoping GoBank will fix this in the future) is that mobile check deposits take a week to post. When I've done mobile check deposits with other banks (the feature where you use the app to take a picture of both sides of the check and deposit it), the money was often available within an hour or two, maybe the next business day if I deposited it late at night or on a Sunday. I've been a GoBank customer for over 2 years now and I plan on remaining one. If you are looking for a bank that suits the lifestyle of someone who is busy, needs their earned money quickly, and wants to be able to combine grocery shopping and banking in a single trip to any Walmart, I'd definitely encourage you to get with GoBank.

kreature bt (kreature ESQ.)

June 8th, 2017

By far THE worst financial experience in my entire life. Money missing from account. Can't access account and haven't been able to in over a month. Told my Securtiy Question is not being answered correctly, but it is. They are baffled. No explanation. Can't activate cards. Had to upload ID for even more verification. And while all this has happened, no access to my $500, yet somehow transactions have processed and the funds are virtually all gone.

Miguel Alfaro

May 27th, 2017

Gobank is a terrible account to open. I deposited a check on the 16th of the month and my money will not be available until the 31st of the month. GoBank (green dot) enjoys my money while my bills stack up and for the mean time I can't put food on the table because I can't access my own money. I will obviously close this account as soon as I withdraw all my money but,I am just letting you know up front before you apply for this gobank card. DON'T OPEN A GOBANK ACCOUNT OR ANY ACCOUNT ISSUED BY GREEN DOT. This financial institution should be extremely fined and the people running it should go to prison for a very long time for doing this to people like.

Falisha Brown

May 26th, 2017

Gobank is awesome. One year running and no issues. My direct deposit is always on time or earlier. Secure check process and very secure when making bill payments. Gobank is the best.