GoBank is a full featured, online checking account service. It's different from a traditional bank, financial institution, or credit union in that it only operates online. It operates through Green Dot Bank, one of the financial institutions available through Walmart. GoBank became available in October of 2014, designed as a checking account product for people on the go. It markets to low and moderate income individuals and families while often attracting customers who are dissatisfied with big bank policies. Assets are protected by FDIC, which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank. GoBank is a legit and real bank.

GoBank partners with Uber to provide a Uber Visa Debit Card exclusively to drivers.

#1 BBVA Compass chevron_right
2.2
#3 Capital One 360 chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• Ease of Opening an Account
  • Features
  • Online Banking
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Ease of Opening an Account

GoBank does everything a standard checking account does and has several attractive features. To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the GoBank mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Master Card debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

To open an account, you will need to provide GoBank with your name, address, birthdate, social security number (SSN), phone number, and other personal information. This information is used to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.

Features

A customer cannot be denied a checking account, as long as he or she has a valid state ID. GoBank does not use a credit bureau rating to screen potential clients. GoBank account holders only need to set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to avoid any fees. This deposit can come from any regularly occurring source, such as payroll or government income. Once that is arranged, bankers can rely on the following features:

• no overdraft, NSF, penalty, or annual fees
  • no minimum balance requirements
  • free monthly maintenance
  • early payroll deposit (averages 2 days before paper check)

If you overdraft your account and even if the account remains overdrawn for several days, there is no fee, as long as a direct deposits entering the account total $500 every month. So a minimum deposit is required to keep your account in overdraft.

GoBank users can deposit cash at participating retailers including 7-11, Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. This will cost you a fee of up to $4.95. Though GoBank is an online-only bank, users can order personal checks to pay bills or pay people just like you could at a traditional bank. A pack of checks costs $5.95.

Online Banking

GoBankers also do not have to fret about banking hours and locations like you might have to with traditional banks, financial institutions, or credit unions. They can access their accounts on their iPhones, iPod Touch, Android device, computer, or inside of a participating Walmart store. In addition to receiving direct deposits, the GoBank checking account can:

• deposit checks
  • pay any bill
  • send money to anyone
  • send money to other GoBank account holders through email or text message
  • deposit funds into account using cash or debit card at any Walmart checkout
  • mail checks to anyone for free
  • withdraw funds at one of 42,000 ATM's for free
  • write checks from paper or free digital checkbook

Green Dot Bank includes two additional features that are not typically a part of a checking account: a Fortune Teller mobile app that  advises user to spend within their pre-set budget and Money Vault, a GoBank savings account that is unattached to the checking account.

See our Gobank reviews to see more opinions about Gobank.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loans, so if you receive a call offering you a GoBank loan, it is a scam. GoBank will not ask for your personal information like social security number, birthdate, or debit card number over phone or email. If someone asks you for this, they are not affiliated with GoBank and are committing fraud.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Uber created a benefit-heavy debit card exclusively for drivers. It's not common for a debit card to have perks or cash back like a credit card would. Though the card comes with cash back on some auto-related purchases and at Walmart and Sprint, the drawbacks and limitations might not be convincing enough to open an account if you are already satisfied with your current bank. See uber debit card review of GoBank and of its partnership with Uber below. People are really good about leaving accurate and up to date uber debit card review for others to see.

The Bad

• Direct Deposit
  • Other Limitations
  • Customer Complaints

Direct Deposit

GoBank account holders must have a direct deposit to qualify for an account. In addition to that, they will be charged an $8.95 fee and will continue to be charged each month until at least $500 enters the account through direct deposit. ATM's that are outside the GoBank network cost $2.50 to use and could charge additional fees. GoBank transactions that occur out of the United States have a 3% transaction fee. Accounts cannot exceed $50,000.

All cash deposits must be at least $20 and not exceed $1,100 per transaction; they cannot exceed $3000 within a 30 day timeframe. Income tax deposits cannot be made after June 2nd of the year it was filed. Account holders in Wyoming and Vermont cannot make cash deposits inside Walmart.

Other Limitations

Personal check deposits have a maximum limit of $2000 and could take as long as 10 days to process (first deposit limit is $500). Commercial checks (payroll, cashier, money order, business, etc.) cannot exceed $10,000 (first time is $5,000). Checks less than $5,000 will take up to 10 days to process; checks between $5,000 and $10,000 will 10 days. You cannot deposit government checks that are more than $5000.

Electronic payments take 2 to 3 days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24 hour timeframe.

If a debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to 4 weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed. Another report is that the online system has a lot of glitches. These are a definitely not a bonus for potential users.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loan services such as student loans, mortgages, personal loans, or business loans. This can be a huge negative for students who are looking for student loans. GoBank also does not offer a credit card, it only offers a GoBank debit card (Visa, MasterCard, and a special Uber Visa debit card). It also does not offer any cash back rewards. GoBank doesn't offer joint accounts.

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Complaints

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons. Without warning, a customer receives a notification that their account has closed. One complaint states that when she called GoBank about her account closing, she was told it was due to a suspicious mobile deposit. According to the customer, this was a recurring deposit from the same source, with the same signature, and the same amount. Another customer had the same problem happen with his payroll check.

There have also been reports of fraudulent use of the debit cards. This includes use of the uber debit card review. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and transferred funds that never got transferred. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities. Even though GoBank advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for instant pay, online purchases questions, credit score, points, statement credit, uber and lyft questions concerning the uber debit card review and uber app, overdraft fees, onboarding (such as online subscription services) and annual fee. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

For more common complaints, see our collection of GoBank reviews including the uber debit card review below.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for someone who for one reason or another, cannot open a standard bank account, or would be unable to afford it. Even to some who do not have those restrictions, it may be quite an attraction to have a checking account with no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. Without overdraft fees, you can still have overdraft protection and earn cash. It is also very convenient to mail paper checks for free or have an app tell you to pass up a purchase because it could unbalance your budget. It really is a free checking account. This makes it easy for account opening and transaction fees.

However, you MUST have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. If you lose your debit card or get it stolen it will take weeks before another one will be issued, and the funds cannot be accessed without it. It has several no fee options and free services that most banks do not, especially with such a small balance. However, there are some kinks that need to be ironed out so that the system operates more smoothly and efficiently. Those that use GoBank for online banking services can expect the following:
  1. Limited fees and penalties
  2. Online access to funds
  3. Deposit limitations

For more information, see the GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers. Though GoBank doesn't seem to do anything illegal, due to their awful experience, some customers feel that GoBank is a scam.

1.3

Timothy Thomas

August 8th, 2018 Aubrey, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These people are crooks. Money has been taken out of my account and cannot give me a reason why. I had to pay my rent and they closed my acct and still have not received my card yet and don't even know how long it will take to receive. They closed my acct down without my permission. I am going to speak with an attorney about this and will be filing a lawsuit against gobank. Please do not use this bank. They Are Crooks. I'm getting ready to contact corporate as well.

J M

August 8th, 2018 Englewood, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Go Bank is stealing money from people's account so when you deposit your money there is a negative balance that comes out of nowhere!!! then they charge you with your deposit, then you will have to file a claim to receive your money and you will never see your money again!!...This guys must be reported to the FBI cancel your Uber card aand GoBank card account NOW or you will suffer!!...Call customer service told them i was gonna call the FBI and all of the sudden they close my account and when I check now online my account after they close it!! the "bogus charges have dissapeared"......this guys are fraudelent Krooks and deserve jailtime!!

Evelyn Mayeux

August 3rd, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These Go Bank customer service representative and management people are unprofessional and very rude!

Lenell Timberlake

July 31st, 2018 Burbank, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible. Can barely make out what they're saying through their thick Philippino accent. Dealing with them is like having a tooth pulled. Someone stole money out of my account so gobank blocked me from my own account. So I have no money to go to work so I'm losing money every minute of this ordeal and likely end up homeless because I can't access my own account. Thanks go bank for ruining my life with your bad policies. I hate this company so much.

C. Wyn

July 28th, 2018 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GoBank has my account limited for failing my identity questions. I knew where I lived previously and which hospital was closest to my address. However, I didn't know any of the people whom the question inquired about in the last of the three questions. So, I answered "none of the above". Just like that my account is now a one use limited card. I know who I know...not your search engine questionnaire! My name is the most common first and last name, literally hundreds of us in the US. My social security number is the only factor that separates me from the other John's with the same last name. First month after turning 18 and already having issues with my identity. I told the representative I would be willing to send verification to verify my identity. She told me it can only be verified by the three questions asked. Which one question having nothing to do with my identity at all. Taking my money off this card and getting a Bluebird or Walmart card right now.

Wayne LAUVRAY

July 19th, 2018 Coshocton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On 6/11/2018 I bought a go bank card and put over $200. Dollers on it within 15 min I tried to set it up they tell me it is already set up. I ask how is that they told me they had to do an investigation . I gave them some info than that said the investigation will take 24 hours so I call back the man said they issued me a check the 11th well I THOUGH this was strange but ok so I keep looking in the mail for weeks than finally i call back they say the same thing and the person tells me to call back if any problems well I call back get put on hold and they hung up on for nothing than i call back put on hold for 30 min and someone answers the phone and puts me back on hold than it hung up on me again so in 7/17/18 I called go bank back and spoke to a lady that helped me she said there was no case set up for me this made me mad but she did help me and said it would be at least 24hrs for the case review I call back on 7/19/18 they say no I can't get a refund because someone had the info to set my card up they said I gave my info to someone well that would be stupid I did not speak to anyone I called go bank as soon as I opened the card and THEY informed me it was set up already I am out all my cash and the investigation u all do is cheap u tell me why I would give my info to someone else

Amber Tapia

July 19th, 2018 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying to get ahold of go bank for the last hour and a half, it sends me to an automated system. It doesn't give the hours of operation or anything. I have bills to pay and my act is on a temporary hold. How am I supposed to pay my bills if they aren't answering the phones. And if they are closed why doesn't it say we are closed right now please call back when we are open!!

Ashley Glover

July 17th, 2018 Conyers, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This bank is BOGUS and FRAUDULANT. Don't do it. I had 200$ cash withdrew from my account from an area I've never been to. They tell me they see where my account was compromised. I called just to find out my dispute was denied saying I authorized it when I was in my bed asleep when the notifications came through. Things may look good but they are some crooks. Don't bank with these ppl!!! Keep your money safe!

MARK

July 17th, 2018 Santa Fe, TX

DON’T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! I received a card that I did not order and proceeded to call the fraud department. TheY said I needed to give them the last 4 digits of my Social Security Number. Well, if I’m trying to report FRAUD, I surely don’t want go give my SSN. The person that answered was located in the Philippines! So they expect me to give my SSN to someone I don’t know in a foreign country. Also, Carlo (the one I spoke with) said he was the ultimate authority to resolve my matter. I could not get answers unless he has my SSN. DON’T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! IF THEY CAN’T HELP SOLVE A FRAUD PROBLEM - YOU SHOULD GO ELSEWHERE

Robby

July 14th, 2018 Rogue River, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unauthorized charge of $30, 'Shell Adj' - charged on July 3'rd/4'th, started disputed on July 4'th. They said to send in dispute form or letter within 10 days or else it would be denied, tracked dispute letter which was received July 11'th or within 8 days. They opened and closed dispute one day before receiving dispute letter. I believe they have intent of falsely investigating/closing disputes before the consumer has chance to defend themselves in order to maintain their bottom line.

Finn

July 12th, 2018 Shady Spring, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GoBank is just awful. I had my account locked and couldn't get ahold of an actual person. I couldn't get my money, had to mail them a letter and it took over a month to get it straight. Meanwhile I couldn't honor my financial responsibilities and had to crawl home to my parents house!

Mel H

July 10th, 2018 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I first purchased this card I fell in love with it because of the free ATM withdrawals and the free cash upload but months later I’m ready to just find a new card altogether. I disputed a transaction a few months ago and my card was canceled I had to wait a week for them to send a new card & to be able to access my funds. On top of that I had my tax refund set up to be deposited on my Go card that was the worst decision ever they rejected my refund says the information didn’t match and sent it back that was 6mnths ago and I still haven’t received it because of this I been going back & forth between them & the IRS but the funny thing is a month ago my state refund posted but not my federal. When I called to talk to a representative they couldn’t explain to me how this was possible all they kept saying was the info wasn’t right but I prepared my own taxes they act like they don’t comprehend what’s going on and then they will go back and forth with you but still don’t solve your problems I’m fed up with Go Bank at this point I just want my money 💰

Michael Robitaille

July 4th, 2018 Coventry, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gobank steals people's money..do not get this card...beware..will not credit refunds on card...they lie ...everytime you call...you get a different answer...they tell you to file a dispute every time....even after the merchant sends the money bank

Brenda Epkins

July 1st, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My debit card was cancelled without warning and I was left without access to my direct deposit. I was traveling and this was a major inconvenience. It took 2 days before I could actually get someone live on the phone. The CSR explained to me that my debit card was cancelled due to the fact that I had initiated a dispute regarding an authorized charge. I asked if it was their policy to just cancel a debit card without notifying the cardholder and he stated yes it was their policy. This happened on June 28th and a new card will not be mailed out until July 2nd, and I cannot access my money on the card until it arrives and I activate it. I would not recommend this card nor will I ever use it again once I am able to withdraw my funds from this account. I took a chance with this card after the massive Bluebird card lock out that happened several months ago where the majority of the cardholders were locked out of their accounts without access to the funds. I will never use another Green Dot product. Walmart needs to do better and supply its consumers with more reliable products.

T. Scott

June 27th, 2018 East Orange, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a score less than zero, I would. I have have terrible experiences with Go Bank (and its security of my funds), fraud and customer service knowledge. I made a dispute about a transaction 40 days ago, and to date was never refunded, given a credit or accomodated in any way. When I began to call in response to the lack of concern regqrding the fraud, the automated system recognized I had called several times, but the representatives was so unaware and had no clue on how to address the situation. I WOULD NOT recommend anyone use this card; and especially if you are planning to use it for transactions involving substantial amounts. Go Bank is HORRIBLE! I only used thr card because I drove for Uber, and this is the card they sent out. I didnt trust Uber with my bank account information after they were hacked, so I used the Go Bank card. DONT DO IT! Do not use the Go Bank card. They will allow fradulent activity on your account and give many excuses as to why a refund is taking a month and a half. I am going to be joining the class action suit against them as well. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!

Laurel Moore

June 27th, 2018 Commerce City, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My employer released my payroll information this morning at 7 AM EST as it has done consistently. GoBank has still not posted it and it is 2:00 pm . GoBank is telling me they have not received the information yet. I'm wondering if GOBank has been hacked. I'm at maximum stress level right now. This may not be the right card for me.

Marvin Williams

June 26th, 2018 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Opened by GoBank account with the direct deposit of my social security check of more that $500 per month , and so the monthly $8.95 service fee should be waived. Used the account for several months without problems. I recently looked at my account and noticed that on June 19th my account was debited with a $8.95 monthly service fee. I contacted GoBank by phone to correct the charge. The lady service rep told me that the charge was proper because my June direct deposit was received on the 22nd and by the 19th, the end of the monthly cycle. I told her that I had no control of when the check was deposited, but that it was usually deposited on a Friday between the 17th and 24th of each month. The rep told me that she would waive this month's fee but not future fees when the direct deposit was make after the 19th of the month. I told her that was not satisfactory and I would close my account. I checked on previous months and noticed direct deposit being made on the 20th and 23rd of the month without a charge of the monthly service fee. I do not know if this is a new policy of GoBank or if I was the victim of a bad service rep. Bottom line -- I don't have time for either, so I'll find an alternative.

Ann hill

June 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Go bank actually is not any good. I have had the worst experience with GoBank ever went far from any bank. They close my account due to suspicious activity which I had money in there now they won’t release until I do document upload her some and then you can tell they have them paying people following me or whatever for like two days and it was the most annoying thing ever when you calling you can’t even get through if you can’t for the same thing more than one twice they won’t answer the phone and you can tell the girls probably at home and not actually out of out of business it’s probably through her house and the whole thing sucksThey close my account due to suspicious activity which I had money in there now they won’t release until I do document upload her some and then you can tell they have them paying people following me or whatever for like two days and it was the most annoying thing ever when you calling you can’t even get through if you can’t for the same thing more than one twice they won’t answer the phone and you can tell the girls probably at home and not actually out of out of business it’s probably through her house and the whole thing sucks

Alnesha Brown

June 21st, 2018 Pittsburg, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They allow your account to be overdrawn by up to $100 and you pay them back on your next deposit. My account was overdrawn by $13.89 on Tuesday morning. I checked my account that evening and it was overdrawn $73.00. I called customer service and after being placed on hold multiple times I was told they were updating their system and the correct balance would appear after midnight. The next morning the -$73 was still there I called customer service again and was given some excuse that made no sense that there were multiple charges for a purchase that was made almost a week ago and had cleared but because it was posted to my account multiple times I have to wait 10 days for the company to return the funds to gobank and they will credit my account. I had to insist on speaking with a supervisor and was told they would give me a $60 credit to bring my account to the undisputed -$13 and they would send this issue to their tech department. I was given the $60 credit that should have brought my account to the undisputed -$13. Somehow the $60 dollar credit resulted me having an available balance of $49. What's going on with there calculations, I'm not touching that $49. I want to see what happens next.

Arnesia Reed

June 16th, 2018 Lynwood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company does not work well with trying to resolve issues or letting you to speak to supervisors especially when it's urgent or they take over 2 weeks to call you back their customer service reps lie to the customers

Carol West

June 13th, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience ever. They took my deposit into their account. Put a hold on it and blocked me from speaking to a live person. I literally hate the company gobank for stealing the $509 given to me when my brother died. It was dirty, greedy and low down and I hope they are barred from doing business in the US and doing this shady, theft to other consumers. I don’t use the word hate often but their business practices are despicable and loathesome and they must be shut down

Nita Riley

June 6th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GoBank by Uber is a joke. Uber up your game and cancel this partnership (unless you own the bank). On May 21, 2018 my visa debit card was compromised to the tune of over $2588. and used at a Pinnacle Bank for ATM withdraw all in the same day. No alert from the bank for suspicious activity. I found out when I went to purchase gas at the Shell Station near the airport in Nashville. This was 3 transactions of $503.50, 1 transaction at $243.50 and 4 transactions at $203.50. plus 8 transactions fees of $2.50. I have sent in the proper documentation including a police report and took the same information to a local Pinnacle Bank in Brentwood; I was promised this would be resolved by June 5th., 2018. Every time I call I get someone offshore telling me they are still investigating. By the way I still have my card...so, I am assuming it was skimmed by one of those hitch skimmers. I have also called Uber Customer Service and get the same answers and what I assume is some more offshore customer service people who read from a script and tell you they are talking to a Team Specialist via email...no resolution.. I am so disappointed and broke. Uber up your game!

Jamais Burts

June 4th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I lost my debit card and reported it. Because I was not able to access my funds I transferred money to my significant other on 05/18/18. He received a notification from GoBank saying I sent the money. He never received the funds and Gobank insist the transfer was complete but they cannot offer a transaction number so paypal can trace it. I filed a dispute on 05/20/18. I call today (06/04/18) and they tell me the dispute was denied because they confirmed the money was received. When I informed them I have the transaction history from paypal and there is no way they could have confirmed that they tell me I have to file another dispute which takes an additional 10 business days. So we are talking about a MONTH for my funds to be located, and that's if the dispute goes in my favor. FURTHERMORE, they sent me some email full of crap about suspicious activity and I needed to verify my account, catch is you need your debit card which I didn't have and had to wait 7 business days for. I've already canceled my direct deposit with them but I want my $430 so I can close this account. I've already filed a complaint with BBB and will be filing with FDIC. The icing on the cake is when I asked to speak to corporate they tell me they don't have a number but can transfer me, okay fine. Lady then comes back to the phone and says they have higher than usual call volume and she signed me up for a call back -_- THEE WORSE LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Sam Alammari

June 3rd, 2018 South Hill, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bunch of scammers they shouldn't be allowed to legally steal and rob their customers.

Rhonda Torres

June 1st, 2018 Henderson, NV

This company does not care about families and will be exposed for their wrong doing. They blocked my card sent in verifications and still have to wait 2 business days to hear the result. I have a disabled child including other children, bills due, no where to access account. They dont care. Can't even speak to anyone until its resolved. I will bill them if i get late fees for unpaid bills and fees. They mess with peoples lives and do not care. What a horrible company the CEO STEVE STREIT should be ashamed. Their supposed to better but this is what having an online acct will do. Lessoned learned. The worst part they didn't even give me a courtesy the card was blocked. Had to deal with the embarrassment of card declined when paying a bill.

kelly whaler

May 30th, 2018 Akron, OH

I switched to this card after using account now for the past two years. I can see that was a mistake. On the go bank website it claims that you can get your monthly benefits up to 4 days early. And as of yet, I get it exactly on the day I would get it if I had say a normal bank account versus four days early or even two days early. For example, I get my SSI on the 3rd of the month. Since Sunday is the 3rd, I would get it on the first. Therefore, I should have received my deposit today which is two days early. With account now, I received my money two days early for years and by 6 am. Therefore, I bet my life that go bank has received word that I have a deposit coming on the first of the month and I should have it by now. Long story short, if I do not get it today, I am switching back to account now.

Jennifer Mott

May 26th, 2018 Plant City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

not happy with them at all. Customer rep reads script and no help whatsoever. Definitely not dealing with them any longer

Christopher Wright

May 24th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is an unethical company whose idea of customer service is to close your account if you have any issues. Try not to request a new card, they will swiflty close your account and make you go through hoops to get your money. I will be taking them to court.

Britteny

May 24th, 2018 Berwyn, IL

NEVER get this card. I used it for uber but it wouldn’t link into my Uber app. I told them to close it so I can reapply. The rep told me within an hour I can reapply. When I open the app and used my computer I was t able to reapply. I was told from a different rep that they only issue this card one time. Complete waste of time. When asked to speak to a supervisor they claim they don’t have one. Bad customer service as to getting you off the phone. I’m glad I don’t have go bank and never will apply for another one!!! STAY CLEAR!!!

Elizabeth Winchester

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Until now I would have rated gobank as a 3 star but i would give it a zero now if I could. First, although my account was hacked and $600 was stolen from it over 3 weeks ago, the stolen finds have still not been returned to my account!!!! This, despite the fact that my letter of dispute and ALL supporting documentarion (police reports, video of the thief picking up purchase made w/my card, names of store managers/employess as witnesses to both the theft and the identity of the thief & her name, address, the whole she-bang!!!), were provided to gobank ASAP. With 3 different LE officers to contact, they contacted NO ONE and DENIED MY CLAIM with ths claim that the purchase “had been authorized.” If they weren’t stealing my money, their incompetance and sheer stupidity would be laughable. But instead, I am jist fumong and furious. They are either stealing my momey themselves, or they are just trying to make this process unnecessarily difficult so that I will jist give up amd give up on my funds being returned to my account. (First I was told my funds would be returned, than they were “confused”, then i was told my funds wld be returmed w/in 24 hours (for 5-6 days in a row!), then I received a letter that I was denied & jad to start from scratch. Now they’re telling me I’ll have to wait another two weeks (5/29th) b4 they’ll ha e another decision. I reported thos theft on April 25th!!!!’ THIEVES!!!!!

Victor Reyes

May 16th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started working with Uber and they recommended me this bank called GOBANK biem of course this the name GOBANK bank goes behind to keep your earnings and not solve a problem I had a gas purchase for the car of $ 20.00 and when I look the tracsaciones in my mobile I realize ke they are charging me $ 40.00 dollars I communicate with the customer service and they tell me that they can not eat anything, they gave me to understand that they wanted to steal my money and it is not all before that situation I found myself that is a purchase of $ 37.00 I CALL AND I NOTIFY I get the card for safety reasons we are talking about $ 77.00 I feel that I have stolen and the other deficiency understanding me an act of discrimination have no person to help people ispanas speak only the language english my personal opinion is that this bank is a intitucion not biem.preparada and stay with the money of the people as if they were owners of the same friends of Uber not reco looking at this bank.

Anthony Algeri

May 11th, 2018 Islip, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had mistakenly transferred funds to a closed account at a different bank. The funds were returned to GoBank within 2 days of the transfer. This money was NEVER put back into my account. I have spent 5+ weeks now trying to get this money back that they claim they can not locate and was never sent back. Even after a letter from the other bank stating the money was sent back and a trace # for tracking it. Gobank has closed my dispute multiple times without reason or conclusion. Customer service is horrendous they will say whatever just to get you off the phone and claim there are no supervisors or anyone higher up to help. The only reason I use this is so I can get paid by Uber. I would NOT recommend this bank to anyone for any reason. They do not keep your money safe or even care if you get your money back from a dispute. If i could put 0 stars I would have.

Gavan Searles

May 9th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On April 24/25 my card was stolen and used to empty my account. Police report was filed and GoBank “promised to investigate” today denied it and the case was closed. I wouldnt trust GoBank to protect your money.

Mia

April 19th, 2018 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bank rejects my tax refund check. And claims it’s “so easy to get your tax refund” FREAKING LIARS.

KGroomes

April 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They serve it's purpose. I am account holder and use go bank as a 2nd option from my bank card. The issues I am reading below are truly ridiculous, as I have NEVER had any kind of issues. This is another card you can load for free at any Walmart. Most cards such as this charge. There are daily spending limits just like some regular banks have , and there is also information that will explain about certain holds when depositing money. I find that some people complain without reading the fine print. Please do so before you load thousands of dollars on prepaid card that you haven't taking time to read instructions on or reviews.

KR Patterson

April 10th, 2018 Fort Benning, GA

My husband and I were recently victims of identity theft. In all of the fallout, we discovered that the criminals opened accounts with go bank under our identities. It was horrific and infuriating trying to deal with their so-called customer service representatives to get the accounts closed. They apparently have lax security for opening accounts and then have no compassion for the people who have been harmed. I can (sort of) understand how fraudulent accounts can be set up, but to then make it difficult to actually close the accounts and fix the problem is unacceptable. Plus, when the CSRs where of NO HELP and I requested to speak to their supervisors, I was told there were no supervisors. I doubt this is true since I have worked in customer service and call centers. However, if it is true, that means these unhelpful people who do nothing but repeat the script they've been given are in charge. No wonder the criminals turned to this company and not a real bank.

Amy

March 18th, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was wary after reading all the reciews, however, I opened an account several months ago and have been very pleased. My card arrived within a week. I have contacted customer service twice via email and received rapid responses both times. I did need to call customer service once and after a brief hold time, the representative was friendly and resolved my issue quickly. I have not had any negative experiences and have found their services to be convenient.

S. Cline

March 16th, 2018 Chehalis, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I opened a Go Bank account a few weeks back was given temp. debit card # and bank account info. Started depositing money with waiting issues and account being verified as closed to direct deposit funds were finally released into account...waited for new card activated it and all seemed well. Then 1 week after doing banking they sent a email to prove identity after several accepted attempts I was sent a email and my login was alerts my account had been closed do to unable to prove my identity with a passport picture and DL picture front and back clear as day. I have a lump sum of $7828.12 have received emails but have had NO LUCK speaking to a customer service agent nor have they answered any of my questions how and when will my money get returned to me. I am set up for my tax refund to be direct deposited and I am just sick to my stomach as I have a large mortgage payment coming up that I was saving for. Does anyone have a direct # to green dot or go bank that will verify your info not via phone service that keeps saying my account does not exist. I will contact FDIC tomorrow and will file against the BBB immediately but I have fear that this is all bad news and will put my personal life in jeopardy. I now have 3 cases # and no resolve.

Morgan

March 14th, 2018 Princeville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst flippin bank I’ve ever dealt with. Their customer service is absolutely horrific. So if you ever need help, don’t bother. They don’t get back to you, they don’t help you, and their agent(s) doesn’t know anything. I get the same lady every time and she can hardly speak English and never understands what you’re saying. I went over the same thing 3 times and she still has no clue what I’m talking about. I ask to speak to somebody else she says there is nobody else. Come the flip on. So I email, and they say they’ll get back to you in 2 business days, nope probably not at all. I’ve been a customer for 4 years and they change things and now I can’t use mobile deposit or anything because of certain terms that I need to agree to which I’ve tried and the app or website doesn’t allow me. And still no help no matter how many times I’ve contacted them! So I have to upload my ID again even though I did that 4 years ago when I joined! My ID is holding me back from mobile uploading a check and not one idiot at this place can figure it out. Take your money elsewhere and save yourself the hassle.

Peter Jaeckle

March 13th, 2018 La Habra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using GoBank for a long time now. The bank is fine as long nothing extraordinary happens. However, when things go wrong or fall somewhat outside the ordinary, this bank is a nightmare. They cannot direct deposits from a 'foreign' bank despite the fact that the deposit would come from a domestic bank and is a social security payment from Europe. They cannot accept a paper check for deposit. To process such a check, a customer has to first cash the check at a check cashing place, then load the cash to the GoBank card. That costs on average about $ 12.00 per check. Together with the bank charge of $ 8.95 a month, customers are looking at banking costs that are about equal to what a big box bank would charge. Where is the advantage of GoBank? I do no longer see it. Dragging around to deposit a measly $ 200.00 for close to a month now without success. Customer service is lousy. Reps apparently do not read email. Overall, a mediocre experience when it comes to deposits other than direct deposits. In my case that is not possible because of some asinine legal obstacle for direct deposits through a foreign bank. I will have to look for another bank.

Brittanae

March 10th, 2018 Rosharon, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best thing to do is get together and file a lawsuit because everyone seems to have the same issue. I wish I would have looked them up first. Dealing with them is a nightmare.

Zack

March 7th, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scam, scam, and scam. I have been using Go bank for over a year. Then all of sudden my account was blocked for no good reason. Called and was asked for ID. No problem. emailed, 2 weeks later, nothing changed. Called in again, ask for ID again, saying the first case was closed for no reason. OK, send in ID again, was told wait 24-48 hours, called in after that, another 24-48 hours, and since then it has been like that again and again and again. Each and every time, they promised the case was escalated through the highest level and promised to call me back. Neither never happened. I cannot access my money inside the account, but they still charge me membership fee. This has been going on for a month, I have talked to the customer service, the loss protection department, the corporate office. Nothing changed. I was not even able to close my account due to the block. Filed CFPB and BBB complaints yesterday, and let's see. Absolutely scam, never, ever deal with this company again. Please remember, just don't use their productr.

noelle meisser

February 22nd, 2018 Trinity, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT PUT YOUR $ ON GOBANK!!!!!! My mom had recently gotten her tax refund of over 3000 $ and they blocked the account, and then said we cannot retrif the $ and the account cannot be reopened. They legit stole all of the $!!!! were hoping to find a solution somehow if anyone has any suggestion, but do not use this. They will steal your $!!!

Dustin

February 5th, 2018 La Crosse, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They locked my account, and the only way to unlock it is to wait 24 hours. No....other.....option..... I usually see these types of reviews and wonder if they're true or what that person did wrong in order for the scenario to happen. I'll be honest. Go Bank is just a terrible bank. Worst customer service.

Nhan

January 28th, 2018 Montgomery Village, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was recently informed that my account has a ten daily transfers limit between my main checking and vault balance accounts win Uber GoBank. The representative over the phone offered no help nor sympathy as they repeatedly told me that I couldn’t access my OWN MONEY until 12pm the next day which was 8 hours away at that time. Thank God I wasn’t stranded somewhere and needed gas money because GoBank would not have had my back in those dire situations. I looked over the terms and conditions for new account and there is no mentioning of a daily transfer limit between accounts and they clearly advertised their vault account to be a convenient way to stash away money and “transfer it back over to your main checking account whenever you need it”. That false advertisement is nothing but bull crap and now I’m somehow “blocked”/flagged from getting a hold of an actual representative when I call the Uber GoBank customer service support line. Awesome! 1. Have to wait to use my own money that should already be available if it wasn’t stuck in their vault savings feature that they should be able to bypass to grant customers access to their funds. 2. How do you expect people to keep banking with your company when the apparent core values that your company foster are lies, deceit, and avoidance of accountability for your piss poor, below-average customer service and care. If it wasn’t for Uber Instant Pay, I would never bank with them in a million years. SMH Please avoid if you can!!

Pamela Brown-Biloche

January 26th, 2018 Chicago Heights, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used the mobile app to deposit my work check ,they inform you that the check can be held for five days until you submit I have bills that have to paid now not in five days and you can't cancel it or cash it somewhere else,customer service is the worse no help at all Beware don't use there services

Kervin

January 22nd, 2018 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use GoBank for my uber instant pay and IT SUCKS i've had my account closed twice for "suspicious activity" but i've only used the card twice. They dont send you a email or anything letting you know your account has been compromised so when i go to transfer money i dont recieve and when i call the customer service line you cant speak to a person it just tells you to go to the website to upload photos of the front and back of my DLs which will take 2 days to process.

Mia Naseer

January 22nd, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have to admit that the card is decent minus the monthly maintenance fee. However, I have had to call in twice and this is where the problem starts. The customer service is horrible and I mean that in the worse way!! I will not be using it too much longer there are way too many other pre-paid cards on the market. The outsourcing of customer service to other countries has been the demise of great customer service and GoBank is no exception! Buyer Beware

Falisha Delossantos

January 15th, 2018 Columbia, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gobank are a bunch of crooks. They charge youva fee for everthing and dont give you back nothing. All their csrd are from India and they sucjbat good customer service. I hate gobank.

Scott

January 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT use this “bank”!! I bought an activation kit in OCTOBER to open an acct. I have yet to have a working personalized card. They have tried to send me a card so many times now. First getting my address wrong then who knows what else?? 3 or 4 attempts later I still don’t have a working debit card!! I wasn’t too worried at first because I had a working temp card. I find out 2 days before Christmas they reported my temp card lost or stolen. How did I find out? In the check out line at a store trying to buys gifts for my kids. Now I have NOT ONE way to access my money!! They sent a perm card that doesn’t work!! Their system doesn’t find it. 2 times now they say it’ll work “the next business day”. Nope. This sorry excuse for a “bank” ruined my kids Christmas because I couldn’t buy them gifts with MY MONEY!! My money my employer direct deposits into the acct. Get another acct elsewhere you say? Sure but they still have MY MONEY!! Money I don’t have a way to get. They can’t transfer it! Can’t overnight a working card nothing. DO NOT do BUSINESS here!! They steal your money!!