GoBank is a full featured, online checking account service. It's different from a traditional bank, financial institution, or credit union in that it only operates online. It operates through Green Dot Bank, one of the financial institutions available through Walmart. GoBank became available in October of 2014, designed as a checking account product for people on the go. It markets to low and moderate income individuals and families while often attracting customers who are dissatisfied with big bank policies. Assets are protected by FDIC, which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank. GoBank is a legit and real bank.

GoBank partners with Uber to provide a Uber Visa Debit Card exclusively to drivers.

#1 BBVA Compass chevron_right
2.2
#3 Capital One 360 chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• Ease of Opening an Account
  • Features
  • Online Banking
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Ease of Opening an Account

GoBank does everything a standard checking account does and has several attractive features. To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the GoBank mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Master Card debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

To open an account, you will need to provide GoBank with your name, address, birthdate, social security number (SSN), phone number, and other personal information. This information is used to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.

Features

A customer cannot be denied a checking account, as long as he or she has a valid state ID. GoBank does not use a credit bureau rating to screen potential clients. GoBank account holders only need to set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to avoid any fees. This deposit can come from any regularly occurring source, such as payroll or government income. Once that is arranged, bankers can rely on the following features:

• no overdraft, NSF, penalty, or annual fees
  • no minimum balance requirements
  • free monthly maintenance
  • early payroll deposit (averages 2 days before paper check)

If you overdraft your account and even if the account remains overdrawn for several days, there is no fee, as long as a direct deposits entering the account total $500 every month. So a minimum deposit is required to keep your account in overdraft.

GoBank users can deposit cash at participating retailers including 7-11, Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. This will cost you a fee of up to $4.95. Though GoBank is an online-only bank, users can order personal checks to pay bills or pay people just like you could at a traditional bank. A pack of checks costs $5.95.

Online Banking

GoBankers also do not have to fret about banking hours and locations like you might have to with traditional banks, financial institutions, or credit unions. They can access their accounts on their iPhones, iPod Touch, Android device, computer, or inside of a participating Walmart store. In addition to receiving direct deposits, the GoBank checking account can:

• deposit checks
  • pay any bill
  • send money to anyone
  • send money to other GoBank account holders through email or text message
  • deposit funds into account using cash or debit card at any Walmart checkout
  • mail checks to anyone for free
  • withdraw funds at one of 42,000 ATM's for free
  • write checks from paper or free digital checkbook

Green Dot Bank includes two additional features that are not typically a part of a checking account: a Fortune Teller mobile app that  advises user to spend within their pre-set budget and Money Vault, a GoBank savings account that is unattached to the checking account.

See our Gobank reviews to see more opinions about Gobank.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loans, so if you receive a call offering you a GoBank loan, it is a scam. GoBank will not ask for your personal information like social security number, birthdate, or debit card number over phone or email. If someone asks you for this, they are not affiliated with GoBank and are committing fraud.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Uber created a benefit-heavy debit card exclusively for drivers. It's not common for a debit card to have perks or cash back like a credit card would. Though the card comes with cash back on some auto-related purchases and at Walmart and Sprint, the drawbacks and limitations might not be convincing enough to open an account if you are already satisfied with your current bank. See uber debit card review of GoBank and of its partnership with Uber below. People are really good about leaving accurate and up to date uber debit card review for others to see.

The Bad

• Direct Deposit
  • Other Limitations
  • Customer Complaints

Direct Deposit

GoBank account holders must have a direct deposit to qualify for an account. In addition to that, they will be charged an $8.95 fee and will continue to be charged each month until at least $500 enters the account through direct deposit. ATM's that are outside the GoBank network cost $2.50 to use and could charge additional fees. GoBank transactions that occur out of the United States have a 3% transaction fee. Accounts cannot exceed $50,000.

All cash deposits must be at least $20 and not exceed $1,100 per transaction; they cannot exceed $3000 within a 30 day timeframe. Income tax deposits cannot be made after June 2nd of the year it was filed. Account holders in Wyoming and Vermont cannot make cash deposits inside Walmart.

Other Limitations

Personal check deposits have a maximum limit of $2000 and could take as long as 10 days to process (first deposit limit is $500). Commercial checks (payroll, cashier, money order, business, etc.) cannot exceed $10,000 (first time is $5,000). Checks less than $5,000 will take up to 10 days to process; checks between $5,000 and $10,000 will 10 days. You cannot deposit government checks that are more than $5000.

Electronic payments take 2 to 3 days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24 hour timeframe.

If a debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to 4 weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed. Another report is that the online system has a lot of glitches. These are a definitely not a bonus for potential users.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loan services such as student loans, mortgages, personal loans, or business loans. This can be a huge negative for students who are looking for student loans. GoBank also does not offer a credit card, it only offers a GoBank debit card (Visa, MasterCard, and a special Uber Visa debit card). It also does not offer any cash back rewards. GoBank doesn't offer joint accounts.

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Complaints

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons. Without warning, a customer receives a notification that their account has closed. One complaint states that when she called GoBank about her account closing, she was told it was due to a suspicious mobile deposit. According to the customer, this was a recurring deposit from the same source, with the same signature, and the same amount. Another customer had the same problem happen with his payroll check.

There have also been reports of fraudulent use of the debit cards. This includes use of the uber debit card review. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and transferred funds that never got transferred. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities. Even though GoBank advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for instant pay, online purchases questions, credit score, points, statement credit, uber and lyft questions concerning the uber debit card review and uber app, overdraft fees, onboarding (such as online subscription services) and annual fee. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

For more common complaints, see our collection of GoBank reviews including the uber debit card review below.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for someone who for one reason or another, cannot open a standard bank account, or would be unable to afford it. Even to some who do not have those restrictions, it may be quite an attraction to have a checking account with no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. Without overdraft fees, you can still have overdraft protection and earn cash. It is also very convenient to mail paper checks for free or have an app tell you to pass up a purchase because it could unbalance your budget. It really is a free checking account. This makes it easy for account opening and transaction fees.

However, you MUST have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. If you lose your debit card or get it stolen it will take weeks before another one will be issued, and the funds cannot be accessed without it. It has several no fee options and free services that most banks do not, especially with such a small balance. However, there are some kinks that need to be ironed out so that the system operates more smoothly and efficiently. Those that use GoBank for online banking services can expect the following:
  1. Limited fees and penalties
  2. Online access to funds
  3. Deposit limitations

For more information, see the GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers. Though GoBank doesn't seem to do anything illegal, due to their awful experience, some customers feel that GoBank is a scam.

1.3

Brandon k

February 27th, 2019 Houston, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just bought got my first payment sent through the card, ive been trying to activate the card for an hour and a half now but it keeps saying ive "entered something incorrectly", and the automated response doesnt do anything to help. Horrible and would not recommend

Kevin

February 27th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars is more like it. They used to have a feature to pre authorize checks. About 3 weeks ago that feature disappeared. I called “customer service” which sounded like an off shore call center. I was told that I should write checks just like a regular checking account. I followed that advice. I just got notice that one of my checks was declined because I did not pre authorize it! I have been trying to contact go bank about this and I have received no reply. Do not open an account with this fraudulent “bank.” I am closing my account. What a pathetic joke of a business.

Uber driver

February 20th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a zero I would. I use this card for instant payouts at Uber until they stole my money and created a negative balance. According to them I withdrew the money at an ATM machine in another state. I am still trying to get my money back. Do not trust this card, they have no chip hence no protection from theives. I will be filing a report at BBB.

Geisha Jauregui

February 19th, 2019 Bristol, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Negative balance out of nowhere. Ok so I called and they said it was accurate. I deposited money. To take care of it. Then when I had transferred the remaining to another account, it said the EXACT same negative balance. So I transferred a dollar back in to see what happens, and now it’s $1. Just too many issues already with this card. What happened with the guaranteed no overdraft unless it was the monthly fee?? GreenDot GoBank is trying to steal money. Point blank period!!!!

Jerry derrick

February 8th, 2019 West Columbia, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Its always nice to know you can trust your bank this isn't the bank you can trust my money came up missing sense Nov 3rd the have played me every sense they refuse to add it back to my account they have lied and told me they mailed me checks on two different occasions they lied. they don't have no care for you I would choose a bank that cares this one don't care and if you like to keep your money take it out of this one

Ishmael Gomez

January 26th, 2019 Stockton, CA

Ok I have been a victim of gobank I had them through Uber and had very good service for a long time. Then all of the sudden they shut my account down without notice or reason. And my $700 in my vault is out if my reach. I will pursue gobank until I recover my money with paitence. I will contact FBI and file law suits until I recover every dime they cause me I am not the one to mess with!!!! Gobank don't know me but they will surely see I'm not like most people! I'll post updates on the progress of this situation!!!! Good luck everyone who took a loss!!!

C.sue

January 20th, 2019 Deer Park, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could leave a zero stars I would. This business is a joke they steal people's money . Not to mention customer service is horrible hung up on me multiple times. I am going to report them to the better business bureau. Please don't use this company they will rip you off.

Amy

January 18th, 2019 Southbridge, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn't even register my card. I bought it at cvs. They activated the card to confirm the purchase. I loaded $200 on it and never got it. They would not register my card. 200 was stolen. by them from me. I spent 4 hours at CVS on the phone with greendot and gobank incompetent customer service along with cvs corporate and they kept telling cvs to give me 200 and leave their cash drawer short and they would send them the money back. Ha . I lost out on $200. I am livid!

Francheska Rivera

January 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA

I called them about someone trying to scam cards I had purchased. They were very rude. They said they would take care of it and didn't. Almost 1000 taken from my account. I have a child.

Deonna

January 8th, 2019 Rochester, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst bank ever. My card was STOLEN and I could not log into the app because I forgot my pin, which I could not retrieve because I didn't have the card number. I call the support and verify all of my information. SS number, DOB, telephone number, and adress. They tell me the adress isn't what they have on file so I give them my current adress AND my last two adresses. They say they cannot verify, impossible I haven't had the card long. They say they won't do anything because they can't verify the adress even though I gave them all the other information. I tell them I want to talk to a supervisor because it needs to be cancelled asap. I am told I cannot talk to a supervisor because I can't verify my adress. Are you kidding me???? What kind of customer service is this???? Terrible! I have no way to cancel my card or even get a new one and its STOLEN.

PATRICK DALE

January 7th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The only problem ihave is with the rewards program. They say i will get 8% back when paying my Sprint bill or in stores. When i started paying Sprint with auto pay on my go bank card i no longer got this. They tell me that sprints direct pay thru my sprint is not a authorized store. Very frustrating. Customer service is a joke. Im glad i found that out before using them for my main account.

Joe

January 6th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst bank ever. My debit card was debited at a gas station while the transaction was declined.

Trapper47

January 3rd, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are without a doubt the worst bank I have ever had and can’t wait to get rid of them . As soon as I get my new direct apposite set up I’ll be done with them they let a company suck $360 out of my account after six months of not having dish TV that came back in and took $360 out of my account and go bank let it happen terrible terrible business. And I even tried to fight it with the bank called them showed them were dish network was wrong and they had no rights to go in there and take money out of my account that they had to use my card without my authorization did Gobank fix it no they denied my dispute and gave it to dish net terrible terrible bank run as fast as you can away from this bank.

Angel Sims

December 21st, 2018 Durham, NC

Terrible experience! I received a call from "GoBank" and I was asked if I needed a loan. Of course, who doesn't. They claimed that the interest rate was only 11% and I had 2 years to pay it back. The payments would be less than $250 per month. I agree borrow $5000. And the dance began: First GoBank wanted $250 on a GoBank card. I put $250 from my checking account on their GoBank MasterCard purchased at the Money Center at Walmart as per their instruction. Then they wanted another $399 as "insurance form the loan because your credit score is low." His accent was so thick, I thought he said $399.90 but after I put $399.90 on a second GoBank card, he said, that he needed the exact amount of $399.19. Claimed he couldn't refund the $399.90 but I would receive it with the loan check. So I bought a 3rd card and put the exact amount he requested, $399.19, on the card, again, from my dwindling checking account. Now, he says this 3rd card doesn't work for some reason and I need to go CVS or DOLLAR GENERAL and purchase a GOOGLEPLAY card to transfer the $399.19 from the GoBank. I presented the card to the cashier who called (someone) and was told that the GoBank card was invalid. By now, I have given them a total of $1,138.28. I know that you are saying, " How stupid could this woman be!!!" After many call-backs and holding, he comes back with--get ready: "Ma'am, you have a red flag on your account. You need to send us $500 now to remove the flag so we can deposit your loan." UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! That's when I came to my senses! You think you are too smart to be scammed. Wrong! Please stop these GoBank. Despite of all of the warnings, some of us simply too trusting! I will know better next time. I am a single parent. To lose this kind of money is by far the worse financial experience I have ever had. Please stop them!!!

Traci

December 21st, 2018 Manitou Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mark my words: This bank will highjack your money and make it exceedingly difficult to get back. Also, their "GoBank Guides" are vindictive and will repeatedly delay your ability to access your own funds. Run away.

John

December 19th, 2018 Glendale, CA

This bank is being used by malicious actors attempting to divert direct deposit payroll funds.

Uber partner

December 18th, 2018 San Marcos, TX

Denied a GoBank Card through Uber without any explanation as to why. Uber can’t provide any help except a toll free number that GoBank will not answer if you don’t have an account with them. I’ve received a debit card from my local credit union, American Express and Discover without any hassles. I only applied at GoBank for the Uber perks that come with the card. No harm. No foul. There are other banks, both brick and mortar and web-based that will be happy to have your business.

Jeremy Ihategobank

December 12th, 2018 Oroville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a lower rating I would. Not only have they been holding my funds for over a month now, Ive been a customer for over a year without problems. Now not only can I not access my funds, but whatever number I call (try hq number if you can't get thru the 888 number) it sends me to the same dead end phone loop. So they want me to just deal with it and shut the heck up. I can no longer even contact support thru their email link they have taken it off my account page. Very very very bad customer service. The worst I would even say of any service I've used ever! Fees are high and reloading is cumbersome and takes up to 3 hours to show sometimes. If I were to say I absolutely abhor GoBank and Green Dot as a company it would be an understatement. Run away as fast as you can and do not give them a penny or you will lose it. I hope the executive team gets drawn and quartered publicy, as well as anyone who does business with this sorry bunch of greedy pigs.

Eric C Whitaker

December 8th, 2018 Stamford, TX

they called me and said i had been approved for a loan. had to go buy a gobank card. then told to go get s google card. i decided not to go through with the loan and now im having problems getting my $230 back which is for rent which is due monday or ill get evicted! just the worst!

Damon

December 7th, 2018 Yukon, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Most fraudulent sham of a bank I have ever dealt with...NEVER had a bank block my account because of a deposit...I have a refund for dental work and they blocked account because they don’t have an original charge to match?!?

Linda M Lafontaine

December 4th, 2018 Springfield, MA

A fradulent account was opened in my name at Gobank. I am unable to close the account because I cannot confirm the address and phone number associated with the account. (Of course not, I did not open it.) The debit card for the account went to the scammer. I am not allowed to speak to the Fraud Department for the same reasons. Do not use this bank if you want professional customer service. It is hard to believe it is a legitimate bank. Remember, Walmart is the parent organization. That tells you something. l only selected one star so that I could move to the next page. They deserve no stars.

sh

December 1st, 2018 East Orange, NJ

First off I wish I could give this card a zero. I received this card as a gift with a 30.00 limit. I went to use the card for the full amount and the transaction was denied. I went on line looked at the statement and was charged a 8.95 fee the next day. Horrible! Do not purchase.

DeAndrea Bradford

November 29th, 2018 Roseville, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is very unhelpful but the time you get off the phone with them your stressed out and right back in square one I wish uber use a different company

GLENNYS SEGURA SEGURA TORRES

November 28th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are thieves a month ago I made a transfer from go bank to my personal bank and they stole my money, the money just disappeared and nobody explains what happened or give me my money back, they do not have offices in Las Vegas and nobody gives me the face , they do not solve my problem, I've been waiting for a month

Tom

November 28th, 2018 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GO bank works great as the link to Uber payments but using it as a regular bank, its horrible. They actually took 10 days to cash a check, in 2018 ...

Karla Pitchford

November 24th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had fraudulant charges on my acct. I was on the phone with the bsnk and logged into my acct watching it get drained begging the cs rep to close my acct and stop it . all he did was hang up on me. Its been 9 days ive been told they do not have a fraud dept. Oh and it took 3 days to shut down my acct. Ive told to write a letter to explain the charges. I was told to contact the merchants were the cards were usrd and get the money from them. Then today my case is extended. So even more time before the reversal of my funds. I live paycheck to paycheck and this has devastated me. Dont do this to youtself. Its disgusting and unprofessional how they traet customers dont let it be you please

Cesar Monge

November 20th, 2018 Long Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you decide to cancel their account because you realize they do all the awful things you read on this website and find no additional benefit than a regular bank; Then If you try to reopen the account because Uber is using them for rewards, they won't reactivate it, the email you used to open the account is permanently banned from being used again. I guess the founder of this Gobank, think they are royalty that if you abandon them you don't deserve to go back with your Primary email. They make you use another email to open another account. What a ridiculous policy. It's the 21st century, things are easy made to be programmable and flexible. How hard can it be to just delete the canceled profile, its no longer usable, and restart all over again, thus getting a customer back. But they rather punish you by banning your primary contact information from being used again. The only thing that attracts new customers is the claim to not have overdrafts, which is bogus, all they do is return the payments back to the company, which in turn can trigger a "return fee" from the other company, canceled services, or delayed deliveries that you need, and if your payment got returned around the due date, in top of that you will get a "late fee", which when combined can amount to the same fee's of a traditional $35 overdraft fee from banks like Chase, Bank of America or Wells Fargo. I rather stick with Chase or Well Fargo because they actually have customer service and real human at a Branch or Over the phone that can make any changes to your account. I have canceled those accounts in the past and they easily let you used your same Email and Phone number to reopen the account.

James

November 12th, 2018 Largo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My account is been blocked since August. I hired a lawyer to get my money from these scam artists. Stay away from them .........

Taneka McFadden

October 26th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This card is the worst! I have the card because of Uber only. They canceled my card without my knowledge yesterday which put me in a tight situation. The customer service agent I spoke to was very unhelpful and kept giving me genetic answers to my questions. There are other options in the same market out there and im grateful for that. I couldn't recommend this card to anyone.

John Squires

October 19th, 2018 Saint Cloud, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wow. What a headache. All I try to do was activate this card by calling the 1-800 number on the debit card. And they were trying to give me gift cards with all these subscriptions that if I didn't like, I could cancel and keep the gift cards. I was not interested as I couldn't understand what they were saying, they were speaking so fast and reading the rules that you have no clue what you're receiving and why you're receiving it. And when I asked for them to repeat why I was receiving gift cards they copped attitude and just repeated whatever they were reading. I was so frustrated one of the ladies that I started complaining to told me that just hang the phone up then. I received the car today spent 2 hours trying to activate it with these fools trying to give me gift cards and do all of the stuff before allowing me to activate the card that I cancelled the card the same day I'll go elsewhere. Shame on Uber to recommend this crappy company

Jennifer Helf

October 15th, 2018 Port Orford, OR

There customer service suck I never recieved my debit card and now they froze my account for supisious activite WTF! there's been no activity cause i dont have the debit card!!!! I dont recommend this bank lawsuit I think is in order and calling the fed bbb and walmart and green dot, Havent beenable to pay bills get fuel ect... so my 582.00 just sits there not helping me at all

derrick

October 15th, 2018 Houston, TX

they stole 1100 dollars from me then gave me some stupid excuse saying it was my providers fault when in all it was them.

Richard Boyce

October 12th, 2018 Frostproof, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gobank abruptly closed my account and are holding my money. I have 15000 in my vault savings. This is all my money. I cannot get them to return it or call me. Help I need a lawyer

Pissed Consumer

October 9th, 2018 Florence, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BBB should have shut these scam artists down years ago. They've held 900$ of mine and my boyfriends money hostage since June. It is now october and I have sent all requested/valid information and they still havent released my money. Just get a prepaid card if you need something to pay bills with. They "supposedly" closed my account because my boyfriend started sending his direct deposits into my account, even though we have the same address. Cant get through to anyone. The corporate number expires, if they call you, within hours (somehow?!). You can only call the number on the back of the card up to 3 times and then you get sent to an automated system, and its then almost impossible to get through to a person for at least 24hrs. Record all calls, save all emails, and every correspondence with them.

Shayla

October 5th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give 0 stars I would!!! Worst prepaid product on the market by far!!! They closed my account for no reason!!! I updated my billing info and requested a new card because the old one was damaged. They sent me a new card. When I tried to activate it, it said my account had been blocked for unusual activity. They asked for me to upload my id for verification. I promptly did so. Then this morning was advised by the automated system that my account was closed and would not be reopened. Could not even speak to a real representative!!! GoBank = trash!!! Warning to all, look elsewhere for a better prepaid debit card provider!!!

Willie Beavers

September 28th, 2018 Waco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service ever Bluebird by American Express is far superior

John Wheaton

September 25th, 2018 Bradenton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My account was Frozen without my permission now I cannot access my funds and have no money to live off of and have to wait up to two weeks for a new card

wanda mcroyal

September 24th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

This company is the worst when it comes to contacting them, they give you a number to contact them only if you have an account, but there is no way to contact them when you have tried to sign up thru Uber for the last 2 years and the page is blank or keeps telling me I have a card. I have attempted numerous times to contact a person to no avail!

James

September 20th, 2018 Jersey City, NJ

They say you will get your salary earlier.. its a big big joke!! When i used this bank as direct deposit to my paycheck only twice i receive my paycheck early after that i always receive my check every Thursday..and thats the day that i will get my check from my employer..whats the sense of thier offer that you will get you check earlier..if you posted to my account same day as my employer giving my paycheck..

Robin Clarke

September 17th, 2018 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For 3 weeks now I have been unable to get to my money. I have not used this account for 2 years and no longer have a card but my card was attached to my messenger when my friend sent money and that money was crucial. Go bank did not send a new card nor can I upload my ID as requested nor can I get to a live person. I had to take out loans to feed my kids and now 3 weeks later no card no money from them. No way to get to it

Devyn

September 17th, 2018 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Careful they share your account balance with everyone. It shows up on receipts.

Natalia

September 13th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This bank is ridiculous. I used them primarily for uber. The they cancelled my account due to a check not going thru properly for direct deposit even though I spoke to an associate to have the deposite cancelled so I could cash it at another bank. I wasn't warned that this would happen and only found out my account was close after receiving an email stating it was closed ( at that point it was too late. They refuse to allow me to open another account or fix the problem. Impossible to get a real person on the phone. Honestly, thank God I wont be banking with them again. Hopefully Uber will switch to a real bank with better customer service.

Danielle Deamer

September 12th, 2018 Cordova, TN

I want everyone to know that the only way you'll get paid up to 2 days early it's if your job/HE give them the notification that you're getting paid. Otherwise, if they don't get the notification, you're more than likely not going to get paid until Friday. Secondly I want everyone to know that if you stash your money in the vault ( so-called trying to save your money as they say) you may or may not be able to get your money out when you need it! Which is what happened to me on tonight trying to transfer money before I got ready to check out in the store and the system was down. I tried over 15 minutes before giving them a call because I kind of figured they weren't going to do anything or be of any help. Which is exactly what I got when I called NOTHING! So gobank before you even ask me again where I recommend anybody to get this card heck no! Banks and prepaid debit cards all a hassle! From now on I'm going to start carrying a little cash at a time, and keep my money in a safe spot somewhere, other than someone's financial institution.

Lonnie Sapp

August 26th, 2018 Roswell, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been with gobank for over two years now and have not had a single problem. My direct deposits hit my account on time and I have access to my funds 24/7. It’s a great alternative to traditional brick and motor banks.

Justin Johnson

August 24th, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use this service for direct deposit and have been very pleased with the service GoBank provides.

Tonita Manning

August 18th, 2018 Sparta, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I called to file a dispute on my card he told me they would have to close my card. I didn’t want it closed so I asked him to forget the dispute and he said ok. After hanging up two days later he filed the dispute anyway and closed my card right after my check hit Saturday against my wishes and my knowledge (other banks just block the merchant but GoBank completely closed your card) 😡. When I discovered my card closed they said they done it for my protection even though I had asked them not to so it basically didn’t matter to them what I wanted to do with my account and my money. Had they told me they was gonna do this anyway I could of got money out of the bank before they did this. So they tell me we will send a new one you will get in five to seven days. They wait til Thursday..... five whole days after closing my card.... to even put a new one in the mail. That’s ridiculous. I can’t pay my bills I have two full checks in the bank and by time the card finally arrives (ya it’s still not here yet and they said it probably won’t be until the 23rd even though they closed it on the 11th) I will have three full checks in there. Guess what bill collectors don’t care if I can’t access my acct they still want their money. So GoBank tells me their sorry for the inconvenience but will not be punishing the worker who decided to close my card because it was for my protection. They even told me that I could pay some bills online using my checking acct number and routing number but can I go to Walmart and buy groceries and tell them to just key in my routing number and checking acct number......NO I can not. I will close my account after I get my card and my money out and speak I’ll of GoBank to anyone they will listen and all over social media. GOBANK SUCKS!!!!!!

Milad

August 17th, 2018 Peoria, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They block my account for no reason and no bodied answer with their Ridiculous answering machine , I believe based on thsee many unsatisfication the federal bank need to shut this crazy bank down ! Please like if you are agree!

Kori

August 15th, 2018 Mobile, AL

I reported my card being fraudulent used almost a well ago and I haven't received a status update. They have blocked my number and I have no way to contact them or get my money from this card

MELISSA SHANDY

August 10th, 2018 Raymore, MO

On Tuesday, August 7th I was advised of a piece of mail received at a former residence addressed to my maiden name for a new bank account opened. I have been a victim of identity theft since 2015 and have filed multiple police reports in regard to it. I do not know who stole my identity. GoBank approved the opening of a GoBank Debit Card account through their online platform and mailed said card to my former residence--all without my consent or knowing. I searched through an old email inbox I no longer utilize and discovered emails dated 7/29/18 and 7/30/18 acknowledging a new account opened as well as a credit card application pending. The information obtained was my maiden name, former address, and Social Security Number. The date of birth on file was incorrect. I attempted contacting GoBank through their provided phone number found online, but it was fully automated, and did not have an option to select for fraud victims. It would not allow to proceed to report fraud or speak to a human without providing the 16-digit card number of the fraudulent card that was mailed out -- I did not have the card in my possession, as it was mailed to a former address. I notified Green Dot Support via their Facebook page of my dilemma on 8/7/18, and they promised to call me between 6pm and 9pm CST on 8/8/18. I did not receive a call. I requested they call me again on 8/9/18 and they responded they would call. They did not call. I drove 2 hours to my former residence to obtain the card, found an entirely different phone number on the card, called it, provided the card number along with the last four digits of my Social Security Number, and only then was provided the option to speak to an assistant. The assistant was able to flag the account as fraudulent and closed it, but could not close the credit card. I had to call a separate number to a different branch of the bank (Green Dot Bank) to cancel that application. There is no easy or quick method for victims of fraud to contact this bank and close fake accounts. Additionally, I have freezes on ChexSystems, all three credit bureaus, and more--a quick search of these following a new account request would have immediately shown this as a fraud attempt. The identity thief was able to open this account without even providing a Driver's License. Terrible business model and practice. Did not perform any due diligence before approving the opening of the account. Luckily I caught it before the fraudster changed the address on the account in order to transact business for their own greedy plans. This bank was of little help.

michelle

August 10th, 2018 Capron, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had the card for about two years no real problems. However, had a fraudulent charge or my account no fault of mine because my card was in my wallet. The merchant Domino's Pizza in Houston, TX failed to ask for identification, a copy of the card or get authorization. I have an alert on the Go Bank account I am to be alerted if a charge over $1.00 appears on my account. No alert was sent. Both Domino Pizza and Go Bank were negligent. However, Go Bank has ceased my bank account during their investigation. I have no access to my own money. I have no money to pay my bill, grocery or gas. Today I had to consult an attorney to get my almost $1000 back. They are unscrupulous and I would be leery of doing business with them.