Milgard

7.8

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2022

Milgard Windows and Doors was founded in 1961 by Maurice Milgard, Jr. and his son Gary in Tacoma, Washington. The company's focus is to provide high quality replacement windows and window installation services to its customers. In addition to the quality products they provide, they seek to provide quality service. From 2014-2018 they won the Best of Houzz Design award for the most popular company. Additionally, they won the 2016 Crystal Achievement Award for the most innovative window and in 2017 they won the highest online rating window and patio door brand by Metrixlag.

The Good

• Warranty
  • Coverage
  • Variety of Product and Services

Warranty

Milgard extends a Full Lifetime Warranty to Tuscany Series and Trinsic Series products. There is a Lifetime Limited Warranty for Ultra Series, Style Line Series and Aluminum Series. Please see company website for complete warranty details on any and all products.

Coverage

Milgard offers window installation services in the western United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company believes that if it operates closer to its customers, it can offer a more personalized experience, faster delivery times, and quick responses to warranty situations.

Variety of Product and Services

Milgard offers a variety of the best replacement windows and services not only for windows, but for patio doors as well. With multiple options and styles to choose from, customers are much more likely to find what they are looking for. Customers also have the option to request a consultations, during which a professional will help them identify what they need in their home and which styles will best fit their taste. From start to finish, Milgard Certified Dealers will walk the customer through the process to ensure that they are satisfied with all of the available options.

The Bad

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately, Milgard doesn’t disclose prices on its corporate website, making it difficult for potential customers to discern whether or not the company is a good fit for their needs. Before a customer can view prices on the products they would like, they need to request a quote.

The Bottom Line

Milgard Windows and Doors is determined to provide quality replacement windows and window installation services to all of its customers. The company offers a variety of attractive features, including full lifetime warranties and a variety of products to choose from.

View Best New Windows Companies

Bill

It took about a month for them to send out a technician to help with our problem. We had to call them back a couple of times before they responded with more than an email with an order number on it. Our problem was not a normal malfunction with the gears of our transoms window. The installers retrofitted the latch so we could open our loft windows 2ndstory, from the bottom first floor. The cap that was placed and fitted to the gears of the window latch is not holding properly so the 6’ pole is not connecting as it should. We couldn’t open the window using the pole crank, it could not catch with the closers gears. The tech was able to tighten the fitting so it worked and said it would probably fail. The Milgard gears still look pristine. The cap added for our pole is what is spinning. I don’t hold Milgard at fault for this. We will try to find a replacement cap thru the installers, a very old and competent glass company in our area. We’ll see how that works. Our problem was not fixed by the Milgard Tech and we’ll see what happens in round two with the glass company who sold and installed the windows for us.

Christine Corsini Overland Park, KS

Had a problem with moisture inside the two glass planes. We called Milgard and they dispatched a technician in a reasonable time frame and the glass was expertly replaced. We are the original purchaser of the Milgard windows and have a lifetime warranty so there was no cost to us.

Kerri McCormick Kalispell, MT

Exceptional service and product. LOVE the lifetime warranty on glass breakage, which we had to use within a month of our windows being installed. Turn-around time for replacement was only two weeks, and the service technician was AWESOME!

Doug Seaside, OR

The technician was excellent. However, when I originally made the appointment I was told I would receive a phone call one or two days before the appointment to let us know when the technician would come by. I never received a phone call until the day of the appointment when the technician called and said he was on his way. It would have been nice to know beforehand when he was going to be here.

Anil Shukla Albuquerque, NM

Smooth process of submitting request for replacement under warranty. It took some time to get response with date for the technician to come. He came on time as given, did the job promptly. I like this company and it’s work ethics.

Randy Flicker Seattle, WA

Technician came out to fix a sliding door that was not installed correctly. Got it working, without extra support, perfectly!

Tim Evans Los Angeles, CA

Once Milgard tech arrived at our home he was professional and efficient. He solved the two issues in short order-- what we waited over a year for a service call (covid issues and workers we surmise).

D Hillman Clarkston, WA

The tech that came and repaired my screens was excellent he gets 5 stars. The waiting time for Milgard to respond to the initial claim was a 40 days and you never responded to the retailer at all. you used to be the best. I have had Milgard windows in three houses and 10 years ago I never waited more than a dya for a response and two to three days for a repair. Need to review your proccess some where you lost a step. Still excellent windows and compared to other brands still one of the best.

Carol Ford Eugene, OR

It takes a little while to get an appointment with the service representative Mark, but once you do you’ll be happy. Mark arrived early, which was terrific for us, and took care of two of our windows in less than 30 minutes.

G.J. Boise, ID

We had Millard windows installed about 15 years ago. We have had no problems with this brand. We noticed a big difference right away. We no longer had the draft like are old windows. And we seen a big difference in our electric bill. These windows made my house nice and toasty warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer without breaking the bank.

Mike B Portland, OR

Corrected what was probably rightfully the retail window company induced problem so 5 stars just for that. On a somewhat negative note, this year I've had both sides of a sliding door replaced. One was due to glass breakage; the other due to wrong type glass in the original installation. The sliding door is a type that has small venetian blinds incorporated between panes. Both times the replacement panels were ordered with the controls for the venetian blinds on the wrong side. (Fortunately, the installer has apparently encountered this error a number of times so he brought panels with controls on both sides - so 5 stars for Stan too.) This is a communication problem.

Angela FerrariDDS Mount Shasta, CA

Took care of warranty issues without a problem and the installers were very professional, friendly and communicated well.

Bionic Raptor San Luis Obispo, CA

Life time warranty on the purchase, but now I’m 8 years into the purchase and I have 13 single hung windows that won’t remain up. One that has lost the seal. Just started the warranty process for the second time. They came once already and fixed the larger dozen windows.

Mark Nickel Roseburg, OR

Millgard solidly stands behind their products and provides excellent "after the sale" customer service. Who else will replace a 15 year old product with no questions? I couldn't be happier with my purchase of Millgard windows and if I have a need in the future for windows, I will be buying Millgard.

Charles Nichols Aumsville, OR

Presently, the worst thing about Milgard is the absurdly long lead times and a growing lack of trust in promised delivery dates. Defects are rare with Milgard. When it does happen or, there is a customer created problem, our sales representative, Darren K, always provides excellent support and service to help correct the problem.

ReputationMatters Boise, ID

It took a very long time for the service request to get through the system and assigned to a technician. Lucky I called every couple weeks because it was those calls that moved the ticket ahead into a service call. They indicated each time and I get that they "are very busy", but only when I called did things seem to move forward, so I'd give low stars for that. But to the contrary, I'd give very high stars for the service call. The technician who came was very profesional through the entire interraction - from scheduling the appointment to final cleanup as he left. He spend several hours diagnosing an issue with the operation of a sliding door lock present apparently since the door was installed many months ago and only 2 months ago discovered when I pulled up slightly on the locked slider and it slid open. I immediately cut a rod to place in the track and secure the door and made a service request. I feel much more secure now knowing that someone cannot lift the slider and circumvent the locking mechanism now that he fixed it. The average of 1 star and 5 stars is 3 stars, which I gave the entire experience with Milgard.

Reply from Milgard

Thank you for the constructive criticism, and sorry we couldn’t make it a 5 star experience. We will review these comments with the service management team so we can make improvements.

Sep. 20th, 2022

Peter Kilner La Grande, OR

Amazing warranty! One pane was broken, either in transit or in storage. We live in a country area, so Milgard sent technicians from Tricities, 3 hours away, to replace this one pane. It is great to know that they value their customers’ satisfaction so highly.

Nellie De Los Santos Portland, OR

The technician who came was prompt and very professional! While I reported a set number of windows, he went out of his way to check all windows and replaced where necessary! I’ve had these windows in my house for 16 years, and this was the first time I asked for their assistance, and it went very smooth! Love their warranty, and they stand behind it

Michael Wroblewski Temple, TX

Dear executives and chairmen and employers and employes of MILGARD you have such respect and punctual timing you listen you observe and you do your jobs with great precision and I am claiming that you have to be an honest operating business treated me like family and offer small town pricing and hospitality at big city company thank you I recommend everyone call you God bless

Lucy Turner Spokane, WA

Jason was wonderful and very helpful. The lifetime warranty is so worth it! even if you have to wait a couple months for the service to our area.

Tom Del Savio Portland, OR

Service person (Valentin) was very courteous, quick, and skilled on both repair jobs. Only complaint with Millgard experience was long delay from point of initial contact to repair completion.

Edward P Jorgensen Woodburn, OR

Balantine was extremely nice and very professional. Knowledgeable technician. The door is still rattling although it's not as bad as it was. I still don't think it should rattle at all for the amount of money we paid. What I do intent to do is monitor it, so if it gets worse which I am sure it will, I will be calling you back to fix it again or we will have to work out some kind of compromise. A customer should NOT have to put up with poor workmanship and I really believe this door is defective. I think you should replace it but I guess I'll have to live with it for now. Like I said I will be contacting you again when it starts rattling bad again, which I am sure it will. Balantine was great! No problems with him at all, but when you have what I think is a defective product even your best tech isn't going to fix it right. Very Disappointed Customers, Ed and Patty Jorgensen

Reply from Milgard

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at [email protected] with your contact information and case number so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Sep. 20th, 2022

Lee Toutle, WA

The repair guys were thorough in their explanation of the way the doors work. The rattle of the lock rods is annoying, and the door doesn't glide as expected for the price but they advised that the door is working properly.

Janie Morey Ontario, OR

When I told Julianna the online questions would not allow me to continue unless I put a number in that I did not have, she told me to try again and that she was very busy with other cases. When I told her I was calling about an ongoing problem with glass, she was able to help. Problem resolved, but not the best customer service.

Russ Avon, IN

Thirty two years ago Milgard installed beautiful lifetime guaranteed windows throughout our newly constructed house on the Oregon Coast. I’m now ninety-eight years old and still living in the same house. I’m very pleased to attest that Milgard has honored their guarantee. Just this past year they’ve professionally, timely, and courteously replaced free of all labor and material cost the windows and door-walls facing the rugged northwest and southwest Pacific Ocean wet and windy climate. Proud to say the eastern facing windows are still in amazingly good shape. Best investment ever!

Magic Gresham, OR

Had a minor issue with our new front window. Called who we bought the window from and they contacted Milgard. Heard from Milgard in one day and set up an appointment for the service call. The tech arrived on time and repaired the issue in just moments. He also explained how it occurred and reminded us of the lifetime warranty. Friendly and knowledgeable. I must say that I am impressed with Milgard.

Karen Huebert Connell, WA

I cannot say enough good about this company. The windows cut my electric bills substantially from the first month they were installed 20 years ago. They came with a lifetime guarantee. Recently they started showing signs of wear. Milgard honored the warranty and replaced a number of windows free of charge. Every interaction with employees was fantastic from scheduling to the actual replacement. The man who came to replace the windows was outstanding. OUTSTANDING. Pleasant. Quick. Respectful. A true professional.

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

We absolutely love our new window for our rental property. The window techs were extremely professional, on time and work diligently to make everything perfect for us. These new windows have cut down our tenants on heating and cooling cost immensely and we were so happy to have new windows in our rental property now. We would highly recommend Milgard to anyone in the future!

Gene Harral Idaho Falls, ID

we built our house about 14 years ago and had Milgard windows installed. since that time we have had i think every window replaced at least once. when i notice a issue with a window i call Milgard and they have a local person (JAKE) contact me . Jake is absolutely the best representative that Milgard could have here in my area. he very courteous, prompt and very professional about getting my windows installed. Milgard may not have the very best window on the market but I guarantee that they have the best WARRANTY. If I ever build another house I guarantee that Milgard would be my choice of windows. I am very happy with the service i receive.

Bob Hart Overland Park, KS

They didn't arrive as soon as I had hoped, but the guys did an excellent job and were very professional.

David Freitag Portland, OR

Overall experience has been very good. Milgard field personnel have serviced the three problem windows. Windows still good after 18 years.

glorialynn7 Oregon City, OR

Lifetime guarantee. Had my windows for over 25 years. Have needed repair just 3 times and each time they took care of the problem easily.

Taunja Roberts Sherwood, OR

We just had a repair person change out two windows that had some gasket leakage. Quick, on time, pleasant to work with! Thanks so much!

Esther Jensen Silverton, OR

The gentleman Vitaliy I came to my home and was very polite and helpful answering questions. I couldn't believe how quick he replaced the window.

Toni Jones Portland, OR

Technician came right on schedule. Fixed our problem. Was professional and friendly. All of our patio door screens were installed improperly by the contractor Larry H. Would definitely recommend Milgard windows.

Gary Lester Moscow, ID

Other than a long schedule, service great!

Tominroseburg Grants Pass, OR

Milgard always stands by their products. The replacement of the failed window was seamless, and the technician was professional, personable, and very quick. We always recommend Milgard to anyone who is thinking about new windows.

Karen Sims-Bundy West Linn, OR

I had forgot about the appointment so he called me. I apologized and since he was still in the area he came back to install the window. A very pleasant, friendly and professional person even though I had most likely interrupted his regular schedule for the day.

Thomas Wilde Frankfurt am Main, HE

Arrived a bit early, which was fine with me. Very courteous, professional, and did an excellent job. On our new construction we only have been using Milgard and I installed these windows on my personal home 19 years ago. Their lifetime warranty for the original owner is a nice plus.

Patryk Lech Portland, OR

Good quality windows, which - for the most part - function well for many years. The service visit to replace one of the newer windows was quick, taking maybe 15 minutes from start to finish. The tech was courteous and had a sense of humor. If I were to change anything, it would be to extend the warranty from the installing owner to subsequent owner. We bought our house 15 years ago. All windows have been replaced with Milgard Windows by the previous owners; I only installed two new Milgard windows (one of them failed and was replaced during this visit). But the warranty on the windows installed by the previous owners does not extend to us. I wish Milgard could extend the warranty to us, if not in full, then at least 50% of the cost of repairs, for example. Incidentally, when I had the two new windows installed, I asked the sales person if Milgard would extend the warranty on existing windows to us and he said yes. I suppose this information was not put in any written form, however, because - on my subsequent calls - other salespersons vehemently denied this.

Jim Gaston, OR

They stand behind their product, which is very good, and service it as promised. Millard just replaced the glass in a sliding door at our house on the Oregon beach, and did so when it was promised. The slider was at least 26 years old. Service people were prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient . We have used Milgard in our last two houses and wouldn’t trade for any other company.

Frederick H Stinchfield Salem, OR

Emails with scheduler/representative (Allison) were good. she instructed me where to get the applicable number for the window being replaced. We were given a dte for our appointment, and 2 days before the appointment date we were emailed with a specific time window for the appointment. Our installer (Robert) arrived within the specified timeline, took our old window out, and installed our new window within about 20-256 minutes, Very efficient, and very knowledgeable about what hee was doing!

David Benz Medford, OR

I have had a great working experience with Milgard over the years. My home was newly built with all Milgard windows, and the lifetime warranty has been a convenient and well-used feature of the brand. In the nine years I have owned my home, I have had three repairs on my windows, and each time Milgard has honored the warranty, and performed the repairs at no cost to me. In these days of higher prices and uncertainty, it's nice to see a corporate manufacturer stand behind their products, the way that Milgard does.

Brian Kleiner Oregon City, OR

The technician did an absolutely great job of replacing three windows that had the seals break. He was careful, efficient and cleaned up nicely. We have had Milgard windows in three of our four custom homes, and they are great! The one house we did not, we had nothing but problems and leaks into the inside of the house. The Milgard lifetime warranty is the best available on the market.

RONALD WHITE Seattle, WA

We purchased 5 double pane windows from Milgard several years ago to replace 5 single-pane original install windows. So glad we did as these have helped in keeping our cooling costs down here in Arid-zona. The are low-e windows that slide side to side and they are as new as the day we installed them. The quality of the vinyl frames has fended off the heat and dryness of our weather here. I highly recommend Milgard Windows any day and the prices can't be beat. You won't regret purchasing Milgard Windows.

Lawman50 Portland, OR

I had issues with two windows, nearly ten years old, at my house. I called Milgard and a very nice lady had me measure the windows and set up an appointment to replace them. The installer arrived on the scheduled date and time. He explained what he intended to do and then replaced the glass.He was obviously very efficient and experienced in resolving this type of issue. He was very pleasant, friendly and respectful of my property. I’AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITHE ENTIRE PROCESS FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND MILGARDS’S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Bill Britton Portland, OR

We replaced our 1950s aluminum frame, single pane, “crank open” windows with Milgard Tuscany windows nearly twelve years ago, and we have been very happy with them. The glides and latching mechanisms are very good, and the glass UV coating and construction has reduced heat loss, noise, and furniture fading. Only two panes have lost their seal, and it was easy to get them replaced at no charge.

20pclmc Beaverton, OR

Valentina was awesome, professional, friendly and on time. Explained everything. From the time I sent the email to completion, all was perfect. Thank you.

Debs Beaverton, OR

I wish scheduling was easier with the smaller timeframe. But the tech that came out today was very cordial and nice and did a good job and it was very quick.

Crabby Denver, CO

3 P’s… very important in our book. Prompt, professional and polite. Very knowledgeable and answered several questions my husband had about several windows on our prow.