Milgard Logo

Milgard

8.0

LAST UPDATED: May 24th, 2022

Milgard Windows and Doors was founded in 1961 by Maurice Milgard, Jr. and his son Gary in Tacoma, Washington. The company's focus is to provide high quality replacement windows and window installation services to its customers. In addition to the quality products they provide, they seek to provide quality service. From 2014-2018 they won the Best of Houzz Design award for the most popular company. Additionally, they won the 2016 Crystal Achievement Award for the most innovative window and in 2017 they won the highest online rating window and patio door brand by Metrixlag.

Andersen Windows Logo
#2 Andersen Windows chevron_right
Modernize Logo
#3 Modernize chevron_right
4.0
MI Windows and Doors Logo
#4 MI Windows and Doors chevron_right

The Good

• Warranty
  • Coverage
  • Variety of Product and Services

Warranty

Milgard extends a Full Lifetime Warranty to Tuscany Series and Trinsic Series products. There is a Lifetime Limited Warranty for Ultra Series, Style Line Series and Aluminum Series. Please see company website for complete warranty details on any and all products.

Coverage

Milgard offers window installation services in the western United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company believes that if it operates closer to its customers, it can offer a more personalized experience, faster delivery times, and quick responses to warranty situations.

Variety of Product and Services

Milgard offers a variety of the best replacement windows and services not only for windows, but for patio doors as well. With multiple options and styles to choose from, customers are much more likely to find what they are looking for. Customers also have the option to request a consultations, during which a professional will help them identify what they need in their home and which styles will best fit their taste. From start to finish, Milgard Certified Dealers will walk the customer through the process to ensure that they are satisfied with all of the available options.

The Bad

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately, Milgard doesn’t disclose prices on its corporate website, making it difficult for potential customers to discern whether or not the company is a good fit for their needs. Before a customer can view prices on the products they would like, they need to request a quote.

The Bottom Line

Milgard Windows and Doors is determined to provide quality replacement windows and window installation services to all of its customers. The company offers a variety of attractive features, including full lifetime warranties and a variety of products to choose from.

View Best New Windows Companies

Jim Gaston, OR

They stand behind their product, which is very good, and service it as promised. Millard just replaced the glass in a sliding door at our house on the Oregon beach, and did so when it was promised. The slider was at least 26 years old. Service people were prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient . We have used Milgard in our last two houses and wouldn’t trade for any other company.

Frederick H Stinchfield Salem, OR

Emails with scheduler/representative (Allison) were good. she instructed me where to get the applicable number for the window being replaced. We were given a dte for our appointment, and 2 days before the appointment date we were emailed with a specific time window for the appointment. Our installer (Robert) arrived within the specified timeline, took our old window out, and installed our new window within about 20-256 minutes, Very efficient, and very knowledgeable about what hee was doing!

Gene Harral Idaho Falls, ID

we built our house about 14 years ago and had Milgard windows installed. since that time we have had i think every window replaced at least once. when i notice a issue with a window i call Milgard and they have a local person (JAKE) contact me . Jake is absolutely the best representative that Milgard could have here in my area. he very courteous, prompt and very professional about getting my windows installed. Milgard may not have the very best window on the market but I guarantee that they have the best WARRANTY. If I ever build another house I guarantee that Milgard would be my choice of windows. I am very happy with the service i receive.

David Benz Medford, OR

I have had a great working experience with Milgard over the years. My home was newly built with all Milgard windows, and the lifetime warranty has been a convenient and well-used feature of the brand. In the nine years I have owned my home, I have had three repairs on my windows, and each time Milgard has honored the warranty, and performed the repairs at no cost to me. In these days of higher prices and uncertainty, it's nice to see a corporate manufacturer stand behind their products, the way that Milgard does.

RONALD WHITE Seattle, WA

We purchased 5 double pane windows from Milgard several years ago to replace 5 single-pane original install windows. So glad we did as these have helped in keeping our cooling costs down here in Arid-zona. The are low-e windows that slide side to side and they are as new as the day we installed them. The quality of the vinyl frames has fended off the heat and dryness of our weather here. I highly recommend Milgard Windows any day and the prices can't be beat. You won't regret purchasing Milgard Windows.

farm chick Kelso, WA

I own almost 100 Milgard windows (original owner). I am yet again trying to get warranty work done. This is the 4th time a batch of windows have lost their seal and I have to look through cloudy glass waiting for someone to call! I own other houses with much cheaper brands of windows and never have this problem. I called Milgard to check on my case and they didn't know when they could get to it...so frustrating!

Milgard Logo

Reply from Milgard

I'm very sorry that you are having trouble getting assistance for warranty service. Please email me at [email protected] with your contact information so I can help. Thank you.

May. 24th, 2022

Stormi Oshun Belgrade, MT

The representative I dealt with was very professional, helpful, and an excellent communicator. He was able to answer all of my questions in a manner that was respectful and complete. He took extra time to find an old invoice from a previous repair he did at my house - repair which was done well and quickly.

Lawman50 Portland, OR

I had issues with two windows, nearly ten years old, at my house. I called Milgard and a very nice lady had me measure the windows and set up an appointment to replace them. The installer arrived on the scheduled date and time. He explained what he intended to do and then replaced the glass.He was obviously very efficient and experienced in resolving this type of issue. He was very pleasant, friendly and respectful of my property. I’AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITHE ENTIRE PROCESS FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND MILGARDS’S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Bill Britton Portland, OR

We replaced our 1950s aluminum frame, single pane, “crank open” windows with Milgard Tuscany windows nearly twelve years ago, and we have been very happy with them. The glides and latching mechanisms are very good, and the glass UV coating and construction has reduced heat loss, noise, and furniture fading. Only two panes have lost their seal, and it was easy to get them replaced at no charge.

Rob and Brenda Gibson Portland, OR

Technician was professional, efficient and quick. Patio door works wonderfully for the first time in years and replaced windows are great!

Mmm Mmm

Can't beat their lifetime warranty. I'm original owner 23 years ago and recently had window replaced no questions asked. Great communication and service from start to finish. Milgard took the worries away. Thank you

Ray Turchetti McMinnville, OR

We put windows in our upstairs bathroom twenty years ago. A bird broke one of them, and Milgard came and fixed it for free! It was relatively quick and easy. That was great! Now if they only made energy efficient wood windows, that would be even better!

Larry Hughes White Salmon, WA

Service tech arrived promptly, was courteous . Introduced himself ,was shown where and which windows were involved in the work order. Promptly went to work replacing the glass . He answered any questions I asked, very informative! Quite a good representative of the Milgard company. Hopefully I don't need any further service ,but if I do I won't hesitate to call ! If I ever build another home, I'll make sure I go with this company again!

L Roseburg, OR

Great service. Fast efficient. The phone help were great and the technician that did the work was great also- friendly, polite and efficient.

Shawn & Betty McAninch Oregon City, OR

Milgard stands behind their product! Installed windows approximately 12 years ago and Milgard provided a no hassle experience to get a few of windows replaced after the seals had failed. Thank You...

Ray Taylor Bend, OR

The service person, Jedd, was very efficient . He removed the defective double pane window and installed a new one in less than 15 minutes. No fuss, no muss. Thanks to him and to Milgard for standing behind their great windows!

Vernon Jackson Portland, OR

Initial contact was very helpful in finding the original order (24 years ago!) for my house and confirming the measurements and identification of the 2 failed windows. The installation technician (Vicente, I think) was very quick and professional. Wore booties inside and was very good about protecting the surrounding workspace and cleaning up afterward. He was courteous to recognize that I had just prepared my lunch (he arrived just before noon) and one of the windows was in the kitchen. He opted to start with the other window so that I could finish my lunch in peace. This is the second or third time that we have contacted Milgard for warranty replacement, and every time the company has been top notch! Would recommend them to anyone interested.

Denese Miller Portland, OR

The slider is of high quality and works well . There was a small problem with the lock but that was fixed.

Tina Powell Butte, OR

Millard backed their warranty on their windows with prompt efficient service. Team that replaced window was efficient and very nice. Great experience.

Jessica Wilcox Beaverton, OR

Our appointment was super fast. Our technician was kind, courteous, and respectful. He was in and out in a flash. It was amazing and I would totally recommend Milgard to anyone.

James Davidson Oregon City, OR

We were having issues with a slider that was not opening and closing smoothly. The 2 technicians arrived at the beginning of the 2-hour arrival window (very punctual). They were very polite, professional, technically savvy, clean and organized.

gentaylor Hillsboro, OR

Treated well as I asked for warranty help for product with Lifetime warranty

Douglas Reinthal Bend, OR

After many years of trouble free service a problem with the glass in my sliding glass door developed. I contacted Milgard, they found my original purchase order in their files, and without hesitation honored the lifetime warranty. I now have new glass installed in my door and anticipate many more years of service from my door. Thank you, customer service is very important to me.

Peter Bock West Linn, OR

Our home is 21 years old and we are the original owners. We had two windows for which the seals had failed. We found the order number codes, measured the two windows and filled out the claim form. Milgard set up the appointment and the repair tech showed up and replaced the two panes within a half hour. He did a terrific job and we are totally satisfied. I cannot imagine having a better experience.

Le Jia Beaverton, OR

Great lifetime warranty for original owner. I live here for 16 years. First time ask for warranty. It took a very long time to get tach in (Just recent craziness, I think). The tach was very skillful profession. He did quickly and make sure everything works properly. I am so glad the builder used Milgard. Happy with the product, service and people. Thank you for taking care of your customer and keep your promise.

amalbertini Portland, OR

The service tech arrived on time, was friendly, and competently finished the job in a timely fashion.

Kate ONeall Boise, ID

The service rep was very helpful with a large warranty project. The installation team were excellent, very professional, helpful, hard working.

Annette Vancouver, WA

Milgard windows are the best. Not only are they a great product but the service that comes with buying them is unbeatable. I highly recommend Milgard.

Shon Scoville Lehi, UT

Milgard aren't the cheapest windows. However, the quality and the warranty that come with the windows make them the best choice. They take care of you for life!!

Andy Covington Beaverton, OR

Wow the technician remedied the issue in 15 minutes, he also ensured that I understood how to use the door and the other features. Thank you Millard for a great product and service!

Eddie Portland, OR

The technician was on time, wore booties over his shoes and was very professional. Best of all, he completed the job in about 15 minute. Great service and warranty. A job well done. A customer for life.

Martin Burrows Gresham, OR

We've had our Milgard windows since we built our house in 2005. We've been happy with them, and with the service we have received when we had problems. They have a life time guarantee and we have had to use it twice. Both times the repairs were made without any hassle, and to our satisfaction.

Vy Ha Birmingham, AL

Our window was not closing properly and was bothering us throughout the whole night. My technician came promptly the next following day and fixed it, it’s good to know they are reliable

trisha lusher Vancouver, WA

i initially sent an email in august. a reply came back 1 1/2 months later. then another month for the appt. to be set up. but the servicemen came out promptly and on time. they worked quickly and efficiently. overall, very pleased.

JayMc28 Seattle, WA

The Milgard service tech was on time, very efficient, and super helpful in replacing our windows that failed..! He did a fantastic job with expert installation and cleanliness. The windows and surrounding area were spotless when he was finished..!!

Debbee Etzel McMinnville, OR

Good customer service. I had 3 pieces of glass defective after 21 years and Milgard replaced free of charge as their warranty stated for lifetime of original owner. No hassles and the service technician was very professional

Samarra Miller

My husband and I are extremely happy with the quality, service and personnel. They were polite, professional and left the installation sites very clean. We did our research on the windows and we liked the presentation and the product very much. We couldn't be happier. The windows and doors look beautiful

Pam Foster Albany, OR

Norm came out today to replace a window that was not sealed correctly. I had no problems getting it replaced. I am happy to know that Milgard stands behind their windows for a life time. I would have given a 5 start, but Milgard first scheduled my appt. for 5:00 - 7:00 PM. That is entirely too late for a job to be completed. I had re-arranged my schedule to meet that time. Thank goodness, Norm was ahead of schedule and was able to come much earlier in the day to replace the window. He was very professional and did a great job for me!!

wayne swanson Eagle, ID

I buy nothing but milgard window,they last and h;ave the best warrenty ever

Deb Baucom

I am so happy with the replacement window installed in my garden window that had a broken seal. The installation went quickly and expertly. The 2 men who serviced my window came earlier than expected (had a cancellation) and were experienced, friendly, and efficient. I am so pleased with the work they performed. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs to install or repair Milgard windows. Yes this was an AMAZING experience!

Captt1943 Saint Helens, OR

I have never met a company that cares so much about its customers as Milgard . We had some problems with our windows and patio door that were installed several years ago, and they promptly fixed them. It's nice to know that some company takes pride in the products that they manufacture sell and other people install. When we move to our new home and need windows and doors we will definitely purchase Milgard produts.

James Scarborough Seattle, WA

I have had excellent service on my windows. I feel confident with their products.

L Nehls Boardman, OR

Great service. Service tech replaced slider door panel in no time. Very satisfied.

Lampornis Santa Clara, CA

This is the second time I have had to use my Milgard warranty for windows installed when my house was constructed in 1998. On both occasions they honored their warranty to the letter. Today, at no cost to me, they came out and replace three windows that had broken seals without blinking an eye. This is the kind of company I like doing business with. Further, considering the number of windows in my house I find it amazing that they have held up so well. All four windows (combination of both claims) were on the south side of my house where they get hammered by weather yet they still held up for 22 years.

Darrell

It sucks when your windows show that they’ve been infiltrated in between the glass. Once you see it, the problem only grows: I waited too long to contact Millard about our problem, “as far as my wife was concerned” it was true. After several years I finally did do what the effort entails, and to my surprise and happiness, Millard came through. Great service and communication. You need to do it all online. You need to know how to gather the info. When you do the work, the effort pays off. Steve, our technician was awesome. Even after getting stung by a Hornet. Thanks for the service and support. Darrell

jameswadsworth Portland, OR

Sergey S is a wonderful representative of Milgard! He reflects the very high level of customer service and QUALITY that we have always identified with Milgard and Milgard products. He is exemplary of what I have always expected from Milgard over the 20+ years we have done business with Milgard for the BEST we can get for our homes. You should be VERY PROUD that you have a man of Sergey's personage keeping Milgard customers as Milgard customers for life. Thank you for this chance to sing his praises, and please, if you can, tag my record as always requesting Sergey when I need any Milgard service. Jim Wadsworth

David Haderlie Spokane, WA

We bought a new home, in 2004. At the time it was built it had standard stock windows. In May 2012, we had all the windows and window casings replaced on15 windows with Milgard Windows at the recommendation of our contractor and what a difference. THIS ENDED UP AS BEING ONE OF THE SMARTEST AND BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE. Milgard Windows keeps our house quiet and warm all year around. In those 8 years we had some fogging between the glass panes on three windows. Milgard replaced these windows fast, with no questions or charges. Today 03/26/20 two Milgard’s representatives, Surge and Ross, I believe were their names, arrived after traveling from Tri-Cities, WA to our home in Liberty Lake, WA to replace two windows. They were so unbelievably fast, courteous, and a joy to talk to. They completed the work quickly & efficiently. Thanks Milgard.

Richard Hostin Carlsbad, CA

I had Milgard windows installed in my whole house in 2002. Recently, I noticed a slight haze developing on the inside between two glass panels on one large front window. Since the original installation included a lifetime guarantee for the original owner, I called the original installer, Newman Replacement Windows, who promptly located my old purchase records and referred me to the manufacturer with a reference number. In calling Milgard a few days later, they had all my information in hand and scheduled a service call. Jaime, the Milgard repair specialist arrived promptly and quickly repaired my window back to new pristine shape. All this was done with no cost to me and they honored their lifetime guarantee with no hesitation. I would highly recommend Milgard for their products and guarantee follow up service along with Newman Replacement Windows of Carlsbad for all window replacement needs.

Joseph Metzger Mountain View, CA

Despite there being no serial numbers on two failed window inserts in my house, the Milgard rep took into account the sales receipts for the windows I purchased over twenty-five years ago. The Milgard rep then measured the dimensions of the two failed window inserts and told me I would hear back from Milgard in a few weeks. Sure enough, I received a reply from the Milgard factory with a time window and date when an installer would visit to install the new inserts. The installer stopped by within the time window and had the new window modules installed within 20 - 30 minutes. The new inserts were clean and smear free when the installer finished. Milgard windows are great and Milgard service is second to none!! Thank you Milgard!!!!!!

Bill Weaver Tempe, AZ

Our neighbor got a dog that barked at every leaf or cat that came by. It was noisy and annoying so we looked for a way to stop the noise in our family room, We called a window installer and he reccomended Millgard. I thought it was more expensive than I expected but we did it any way. We installed a multi pane Milgard sliding glass door and the noise stopped. Ok that's what I wanted but we got more. We got a door that has never been hard to operate. It allways slides open and shut smoothly. We got a door that has a lock we can trust. I had to install special locks on the other doors . We got glass that does not alter what we see. We have a mother cheaper original door that causes wavy vision. We got an installation that has never faltered. I have had to adjust every other door in the house but the Millgartd just keeps working. I made one mistake though, I got a sliding door with no outside lock in it. And this is where Milgard service comes in, I had never contacted Milgartd because the door allways works. So after all these years I needed a locking handel. Milgard service was wonderful from the first call until they notified me they were sending me a replacement handel. And, when I asked if it would accomodate a Kwickset lock they got right back to me saying yes. In a time when internet companies do not even want to talk or make it impossible to contact them, Milgard goes out of their way to provide a great reliable product but then they back it up with great service.