Milgard Logo

Milgard

9.9

Milgard Windows and Doors was founded in 1961 by Maurice Milgard, Jr. and his son Gary in Tacoma, Washington. The company's focus is to provide high quality replacement windows and window installation services to its customers. In addition to the quality products they provide, they seek to provide quality service. From 2014-2018 they won the Best of Houzz Design award for the most popular company. Additionally, they won the 2016 Crystal Achievement Award for the most innovative window and in 2017 they won the highest online rating window and patio door brand by Metrixlag.

Renewal by Andersen Logo
#2 Renewal by Andersen chevron_right
Andersen Windows Logo
#3 Andersen Windows chevron_right
Modernize Logo
#4 Modernize chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Warranty
  • Coverage
  • Variety of Product and Services

Warranty

Milgard extends a Full Lifetime Warranty to Tuscany Series and Trinsic Series products. There is a Lifetime Limited Warranty for Ultra Series, Style Line Series and Aluminum Series. Please see company website for complete warranty details on any and all products.

Coverage

Milgard offers window installation services in the western United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company believes that if it operates closer to its customers, it can offer a more personalized experience, faster delivery times, and quick responses to warranty situations.

Variety of Product and Services

Milgard offers a variety of the best replacement windows and services not only for windows, but for patio doors as well. With multiple options and styles to choose from, customers are much more likely to find what they are looking for. Customers also have the option to request a consultations, during which a professional will help them identify what they need in their home and which styles will best fit their taste. From start to finish, Milgard Certified Dealers will walk the customer through the process to ensure that they are satisfied with all of the available options.

The Bad

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately, Milgard doesn’t disclose prices on its corporate website, making it difficult for potential customers to discern whether or not the company is a good fit for their needs. Before a customer can view prices on the products they would like, they need to request a quote.

The Bottom Line

Milgard Windows and Doors is determined to provide quality replacement windows and window installation services to all of its customers. The company offers a variety of attractive features, including full lifetime warranties and a variety of products to choose from.

View Best New Windows Companies

Caroline See Washougal, WA

The blinds between the sliding glass door were not working correctly. The company responded quickly to the online customer service request and scheduled a date for the home repair. The two servicemen arrived when scheduled, quickly and efficiently replaced the door.

JarlyK Hood River, OR

The Milgard people responded quickly to my request and had someone here to fix the problem within a couple of weeks. I'm impressed with a company that seems to care about their customers and responded to my situation without hesitation. The sliding glass patio door I ordered seems to be of excellent quality and is working perfectly! And I highly recommend Milgard for their excellent customer service!

Angela Puntney Salem, OR

First off, Robert arrived in the time frame given to us. 2nd he got right to work, fixed the issue with our door lock and answered several questions on windows and doors in the rest of the house. He was courteous and professional. We thought he did a great job and we are happy we can use our front door again.

S Gardner Dallas, OR

Great windows. Developed a leak in my garden window. Appointment scheduled to repair it, the guy arrived on time, looked at it, told me what needed to be done and got the job done quickly. Since we were the original purchasers of the windows it was all covered by the warranty.

Marjorie Stout Richland, WA

Your service personnel were extremely helpful, efficient, and courteous. The repair person who came to our home was friendly, efficient, and also courteous. Extreme asset to your company. We had Milgard windows installed in our home when it was built in 1999 and have been extremely happy with them. Thank you for your wonderful company and product!

Tim Willmorth Boise, ID

The only complaint is that I was on hold for 45 minutes when initially I was told it would be 13 minutes.

Jean Haedrich Portland, OR

Excellent job! Vladimir arrived on time, was friendly, professional, conscientious of our home, and efficient. He finished the job quickly and was kind enough to answer our questions regarding future window needs. We greatly appreciate your warranty program!

Penny Gresham, OR

Rocky was the service tech for the service at my home. The time frame for arrival was 2:30-4 and he arrived promptly at 2:30. I had a minor job for him involving the locking handle on a sliding glass door. He had the job done in 15 minutes. He was friendly and professional. I have always been very pleased with the service Millard provides.

Mared Kansas City, KS

The service tech that came to our house at Basehor KS today 01/19/21 , though a little bit late due to an earlier client, was very knowledgeable, and professional. Knows pretty much his trade and helped solved /fixed our problem with our sliding doors.

Allen Anderton Battle Ground, WA

I had scheduled a section of glass in a window to be replaced in my home due to a broken seal. The installer was on time and professional. It was raining, windy and crazy weather at the time. He didn't complain, worked as if it were sunny. Cleaned up the rain/water mess, asked if he could answer any other questions and did a great job. I highly recommend Milgard Windows. Allen

Diane Clinton Spokane, WA

Overall, I was highly satisfied with my experience with Milgard. On the positive side, once my appointment date was set I received a phone call two days in advance to confirm my appointment and to tell me the 2-hour time period I could expect the technician. Serge arrived during the early part of the time block, and accomplished the task very quickly and efficiently. He made sure he took care of all of the issues I was having with my windows before he left. He was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the glass unit he brought to replace my scratched window also had a small scratch in it. He offered me two options: take the new unit back and reorder, or replace the glass and told me I could always replace it later if it bothered me after living with it. I opted to keep the new glass unit because it was a huge improvement over the original glass. I appreciate the fact that he gave me options. The only other negative I experienced was getting the appointment scheduled. I completely understand how busy the service department is, but after submitting my service request and receiving a confirmation email with a case number, I waited quite a few weeks for someone to call or email with an appointment date (the email said I would hear from someone in about 10 days or less). I finally had to call the service department myself. The person in the service department got me scheduled and was very helpful. I didn't mind waiting another month or more for the appointment, as long as it was scheduled. I love my Milgard windows and plan to order more in the near future when we remodel our basement!

Darrell

It sucks when your windows show that they’ve been infiltrated in between the glass. Once you see it, the problem only grows: I waited too long to contact Millard about our problem, “as far as my wife was concerned” it was true. After several years I finally did do what the effort entails, and to my surprise and happiness, Millard came through. Great service and communication. You need to do it all online. You need to know how to gather the info. When you do the work, the effort pays off. Steve, our technician was awesome. Even after getting stung by a Hornet. Thanks for the service and support. Darrell

Kathy Forrest Gresham, OR

My vinyl Milgard windows are 10 years old and looking great! I have had two minor service issues during those ten years and Milgard has completed both repairs promptly and pleasantly. Good product and excellent service. I would definitely use them again!

A McK Missoula, MT

Great customer service & products. Our installer was fast and professional. Did a great job! Also, I greatly appreciate that Milgard stands behind the quality of their products, however we moved into a house with only 2 months left on the warranty of the windows. I feel the lifetime warranty of the products should be extended to the next owner. Or at least that an extended warranty at a reasonable price should be offered for purchase by the next owner.

Dorothy Lomax Gresham, OR

I have been purchasing Milgard windows and doors through Truax Builders Supply since the mid 1990's and have always been happy with them. When I needed service. Milgard was here to take care of any problem. Today they replaced rollers on a slider door that was installed in 1998 and even repaired an opening in the screen. The guys were just great!

carmen kropf Vancouver, WA

The service person was polite and efficient. We were so happy to work with him. We felt safe and his knowledge and skills were also appreciated. He spoke well of Milgard as a company and represented your product and your company in an excellent fashion. I thought the response time by the company to get service initially was way too slow, that is not a reflection of your service person but rather adminstration. In addition, for the quality expensive product that Milgard is, I would have expected that the two screens that we are missing from the original order would have been delivered to us a month ago. Again, not a reflection of your service person who was excellent. We had one screen arrive damaged and we were short one screen. It would be nice if Milgard would send us those screens. At the very least if someone called us and assured us that we will actually get screens sometime in the future.

Jim Junor Portland, OR

We spec'd Milgard windows for our new house over 30 years ago. After 30 years, Milgard stood fully behind their lifetime warranty (to the original owner). No argument, no excuses, just plain solid support. Besides correcting the obvious problems of failed seals, broken hardware, etc. they also replaced the spring counterweight mechanisms on all windows. The crew that came to do the work were efficient and very responsive to our questions.

Jeff Moeller Walla Walla, WA

You get 1 stars but should get 0, you have delivered windows that are scratched, then your service to replace those windows have been over a year. Then when you do show up you have the wrong glass, so the project is still not done. so sad, I am a builder and will send customers else where.

Milgard Logo

Reply from Milgard

Hi Jeff - I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. This should not have happened. Please email me at [email protected] with your service case number so I can help. Thank you.

Apr. 7th, 2021

Lori Bennett Portland, OR

Very prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend their products. They stand behind their warranty.

Larry Pinnick Kansas City, MO

This was a good service call. 1. There was a 30 minute notice before arrival. 2. Tech was friendly and efficient. 3. Very happy with service

B. Fisher Vancouver, WA

Several Milgard service techs showed up on time to service some of my Quietline windows. They were very professional and courteous.

Braukmann Beaverton, OR

On time. Professional and pleasant to speak to. Very fast job but you could tell they cared about safety. You can be very proud of this 2 man crew! Thank you Milgard!!

Clearview Hamilton, MT

The serviceman put in the new window glass so quickly. We expected a mess on the countertop where the window was replaced. But there was no mess at all. It's nice to do dishes now and see perfectly out the window.

Jeanne Schmidt Herron Salem, OR

Excellent customer service. Technicians showed up timely, wore masks, wore booties because I just got my floors finished. There weren’t enough handles and they are going to send me two through the mail. I’m very pleased.

Gary Jordan Redmond, OR

The young man from MillGuard was on time, courteous and very professional. MillGuard replaced the needed parts under orginal home owner warranty and I'm truly happy I have their windows. Gary J

Kathleen Waugh Bend, OR

Best, warranty for original owners. Since I’m retired and on social security, what a blessing the warranty has been. Also, Jebb and Matt came to install the glass and were pleasant, helpful and efficient. Thank you both!

Robert Davis Portland, OR

Extremely pleased with Milgard's warranty repair work on one of our windows. He was prompt and had the window fixed in less than a half an hour. Very helpful in answering all questions we had. I would definitely recommend Milgard windows.

Tom ,

The Milgard windows are of the highest quality and very clean appearance. And after 14 years when there was a problem they came out and very professionally corrected it, the service technicians are the highest standard and very professional...

Terry Smith ,

With approximately 24 Milgard vinyl double pane windows I feel comfortable supporting their product and service. I've called upon them twice for service support (1 being customer caused) with some windows being over 10 yrs old. No problem, no hassle, no charge.

M. Webber Hood River, OR

I found Milgard to be very efficient in fulfilling my warranty service claim. They schedule appointments well ahead of time and always notify of the time window two days prior to the appointment. I've found their technicians to be prompt and quick.

Portland Homeowner Portland, OR

I’m extremely satisfied with our window and door purchase. The handle on our patio door experienced a slight failure in the locking mechanism after a few years. We called customer service and the tech who answered was attentive and helpful. The repair tech that came out to fix the failed mechanism had all the parts on hand and was in and out in under 15 minutes. The door latch is as good as new. I’m happy with both the initial purchase and the level of customer service.

Terry Kuenzi Aumsville, OR

They stand behind their products. We had 6 large windows in our new home that had a streak between the pains of glass, and they replaced them all. Two other windows we weren’t sure if the damage occurred during construction or not, but Milgard went ahead and replaced them. We appreciate their commitment to quality. Your employees did a great job too! Thanks Milgard!

Raquel San Jose, CA

We have windows and doors from MIlgard and they do a great job at masking sound. They are nice to look at and relatively easy to clean. I like that the latch is easy to open on the windows the slide up, and the windows that crank and then lock - are also easy to maneuver. I would use Milgard for all future windows and doors (sliding or french) Plus, Lifetime warranty.

jameswadsworth Portland, OR

Sergey S is a wonderful representative of Milgard! He reflects the very high level of customer service and QUALITY that we have always identified with Milgard and Milgard products. He is exemplary of what I have always expected from Milgard over the 20+ years we have done business with Milgard for the BEST we can get for our homes. You should be VERY PROUD that you have a man of Sergey's personage keeping Milgard customers as Milgard customers for life. Thank you for this chance to sing his praises, and please, if you can, tag my record as always requesting Sergey when I need any Milgard service. Jim Wadsworth

David Haderlie Spokane, WA

We bought a new home, in 2004. At the time it was built it had standard stock windows. In May 2012, we had all the windows and window casings replaced on15 windows with Milgard Windows at the recommendation of our contractor and what a difference. THIS ENDED UP AS BEING ONE OF THE SMARTEST AND BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE. Milgard Windows keeps our house quiet and warm all year around. In those 8 years we had some fogging between the glass panes on three windows. Milgard replaced these windows fast, with no questions or charges. Today 03/26/20 two Milgard’s representatives, Surge and Ross, I believe were their names, arrived after traveling from Tri-Cities, WA to our home in Liberty Lake, WA to replace two windows. They were so unbelievably fast, courteous, and a joy to talk to. They completed the work quickly & efficiently. Thanks Milgard.

Richard Hostin Carlsbad, CA

I had Milgard windows installed in my whole house in 2002. Recently, I noticed a slight haze developing on the inside between two glass panels on one large front window. Since the original installation included a lifetime guarantee for the original owner, I called the original installer, Newman Replacement Windows, who promptly located my old purchase records and referred me to the manufacturer with a reference number. In calling Milgard a few days later, they had all my information in hand and scheduled a service call. Jaime, the Milgard repair specialist arrived promptly and quickly repaired my window back to new pristine shape. All this was done with no cost to me and they honored their lifetime guarantee with no hesitation. I would highly recommend Milgard for their products and guarantee follow up service along with Newman Replacement Windows of Carlsbad for all window replacement needs.

Joseph Metzger Mountain View, CA

Despite there being no serial numbers on two failed window inserts in my house, the Milgard rep took into account the sales receipts for the windows I purchased over twenty-five years ago. The Milgard rep then measured the dimensions of the two failed window inserts and told me I would hear back from Milgard in a few weeks. Sure enough, I received a reply from the Milgard factory with a time window and date when an installer would visit to install the new inserts. The installer stopped by within the time window and had the new window modules installed within 20 - 30 minutes. The new inserts were clean and smear free when the installer finished. Milgard windows are great and Milgard service is second to none!! Thank you Milgard!!!!!!

Bill Weaver Tempe, AZ

Our neighbor got a dog that barked at every leaf or cat that came by. It was noisy and annoying so we looked for a way to stop the noise in our family room, We called a window installer and he reccomended Millgard. I thought it was more expensive than I expected but we did it any way. We installed a multi pane Milgard sliding glass door and the noise stopped. Ok that's what I wanted but we got more. We got a door that has never been hard to operate. It allways slides open and shut smoothly. We got a door that has a lock we can trust. I had to install special locks on the other doors . We got glass that does not alter what we see. We have a mother cheaper original door that causes wavy vision. We got an installation that has never faltered. I have had to adjust every other door in the house but the Millgartd just keeps working. I made one mistake though, I got a sliding door with no outside lock in it. And this is where Milgard service comes in, I had never contacted Milgartd because the door allways works. So after all these years I needed a locking handel. Milgard service was wonderful from the first call until they notified me they were sending me a replacement handel. And, when I asked if it would accomodate a Kwickset lock they got right back to me saying yes. In a time when internet companies do not even want to talk or make it impossible to contact them, Milgard goes out of their way to provide a great reliable product but then they back it up with great service.

Phillip Brandt Portland, OR

We have multiple Milgard windows in our home. Recently three windows in our sun room started to haze over on the inside of the glass units. A local glass shop directed me to get in touch with Milgard's warranty dept. The Milgard staff were very helpful, we identified exactly which windows needed to be serviced and a date was immediately scheduled. This morning Sergei arrived right on time. He was impeccably polite. He quickly and efficiently swapped out the failing glass units and cleaned up the area. He was done within 40 minutes. The windows look great. The whole process was smooth, efficient, and really friendly to me as a customer. I am buying Milgard windows in the future.

JAMES QUADERER Sunnyvale, CA

I had a problem with my fiberglass double hung windows which would not slide up and down without tremendous physical effort. I searched the Milgard web site for advice but found nothing. I sent in a service request on line , suggesting an electronic response could fix my problem. Milgard chose to send a service technician to my home. Jesus, the service guy did a great job reviewing the sticky windows and he showed me how the problem is easily fixed with silicon lubricant. All this is fine, but I had to come home from work to meet Jesus which was inconvenient to do. It seems to me the whole service issue could have been handled by a maintenance note on your web site or a phone call from your service technician. Just tell me what kind of lubricant to use on fiberglass and I am good. The result was good but perhaps we could have saved both Milgard and myself quite a bit of time with an email or phone call response.

Roger Thomas Rainier, OR

We purchased Milgard windows for our house in 1995. Recently two of them had issues. One had kind of a mildew looking substance on the lower inside between panes. The second started showing finger prints between the panes. Contacted Milgard in April. They walked me through how to file a claim, measure and identify the windows since are far from new. Set up an appointment for June to repair them. Their crew arrived in the time frame I was told. The one window was part of an 8' patio window (extremely heavy). The crew (two people) had both windows changed out in under 30 minutes. I was shocked how efficient they were...WOW! The crew was polite, business like and again, very efficient. Can't say enough about the quality of these windows, the backing from the company guaranteeing their product and the support team that makes them so great. Thank you folks at Milgard again. Would I recommend them....heck ya! RT

HeIdi Mairena Orange, CA

It has been almos 15 years since my Milgard windows were installed. Upon a recent professional window cleaning, I noticed a haze on several windows. I contacted Milgard through the company I originally purchased my windows. They promptly started a case file for me, sent people out to replace my windows and examined the remaing windows. After their inspection, they noted defects in 5 more window panes and promptly ordered the replacements. Within a month, all the defective windows had been replaced. Employees were courteous, efficient and thoroughly cleaned up after themselves! The Temecula dispatch center was AMAZING! When Milgard says lifetime warranty, they mean it! Thank you for making this experience painless!

Vicki McWhite Denver, CO

i love your windows. they are so beautiful and easy to open! I used to struggle to get my old windows open. Then I got my Milgard windows and what a difference! Then, I found myself having to replace glass in two windows. Wow! I found out all about your wonderful guarantee/warranty. Your customer service was excellent. From setting up the appointment to the arrival of my glass replacement. And my window replacement technician, Winston, was very very professional. He came in and completed the work in surprising time. Everything was clean and ready to go. He thoroughly explained what I needed to do over the next few days to guarantee a successful seal on my windows. Hold onto that guy! He should make you proud!

Mike Montoya Pacifica, CA

I remodeled my home 10 years ago, installing new wood clad Milgard windows throughout. I recently noticed moisture in one of my living room window panels. I immediately contacted Milgard service through their website, completed the brief service request and within a few short days received a service date. The technician arrived right on time. He inspected and measured the panel for replacement. Shortly thereafter, I received another email scheduling the installation appointment. The pleasant service technician again arrived right on time and quickly installed a new panel replacement. The area was left clean and the window looks great! I can't imagine how the whole process could have been better. Great Job! Thank you!

Kathy Flynn Lafayette, OR

Due to a late in the year installation of new windows, we did not try to open our bedroom windows until late April. One of the casement windows started to fall out of the frame as it was opened. We called the contractor who installed them 3 times and he never returned our calls. We then contacted Milgard, who routed our service request to our area and set up an appointment. The Milgard service man showed up early and took care of the problem in less than 5 minutes. He also took care of another installer error in just a few minutes. These are beautiful windows and the problems were in the installation, not in the manufacturing. The Milgard rep was congenial and efficient.

Ken Tracy Gresham, OR

We purchased skylights from Milgard for our home in the 90's and most recently discovered one was leaking and another the seal had broken. I contacted Milgard about the repair, even though they do not manufacture skylights any longer they offered to replace them under their lifetime warranty. This was a painless process, they provided me a date for the replacement and showed up exactly when they said they would. I'm always sceptical of "lifetime warranty" offers but Milgard truly stands behind their commitments. I would highly recommend Milgard to anyone considering purchasing new windows without reservation.

Lisa Pelham Portland, OR

Beautiful windows! Great service. Highly recommend EnergyGuard for install. Great experience all around!!

Family Elizondo Portland, OR

Customer service from the people who answered my call for issues to the people who came to fix the issues at our house. Everyone was very helpful.

Cymry Reardon Beaverton, OR

The technician wasn't able to resolve the issue since it was something the previous owner did, but he showed me how to remove the pane, and what needs to be done. He was very nice.

Kimberly Fox Moran Hillsboro, OR

Fast friendly service from the service technician. The work was completed very quickly. I would have given 5 stars but I did not have a very good experience when I called - the customer service person on the phone was not friendly and does not represent the company well.