Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95–$49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Beatrice Wilson
February 22nd, 2018 Canton, NC DETAILS

After doing research and reading reviews, I settled on them. When I was hooking everything up they helped me a lot. Thankfully I haven't had to use it yet but the button seems to work well.

Arleen Jones
February 22nd, 2018 Little Rock, AR DETAILS

I picked them from the services recommended online. When I got everything set up they were very informative. The button is very convenient, I can even take it into the shower with me.

Carmine J.
February 22nd, 2018 New Rochelle, NY DETAILS

They were the only company that I was aware of that offered these services. Every time I've called, someone answers. I'm happy to have it in case I need it.

Bobbie Garrett
February 22nd, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

I just saw the advertisements on TV and, since I was getting to a point where I needed them, I got it. I have the bracelet, the pendant, and a smaller unit that I can put in my purse. That one I carry with me when I'm away from home. They're all very simple and easy to assemble. I had an episode where my son needed help so I used it to call them. They were on the phone with me right away and stayed on the line. They made sure I was the right person and gave me the best service they could. As a senior citizen on a fixed income, this service is financially easier to pay for and manage. I feel very secure with it.

Carol Ann
February 22nd, 2018 West Mansfield, OH DETAILS

The doctor recommended it for my mom when she was in the hospital, so we got it for her. She uses it everyday. The only time I talked to customer support was during the set up and they were very helpful. The button looks good, but we dropped it once to test it and see if the alarm went off as if she had tripped and it didn't.

Geraldine Badstubner
February 22nd, 2018 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

I live by myself and my daughter wanted me to have protection while I'm here alone, so I got this. I wear it every day, though I haven't had to use it yet. Still, I'm happy with the service I get.

Iva Bjorneby
February 22nd, 2018 Greeley, CO DETAILS

I got it since the mobile unit covers a lot. The instructions to set it all up were very clear and it was easy for me to do it. I wear it everyday and it's quite comfortable. I feel quite secure with it.

Jeanne Edwards
February 22nd, 2018 Royse City, TX DETAILS

I got it as a gift from my daughters. I've never had to use it, but I like it very much and wear it everyday. I'm sure I'll have assistance if I ever need it.

February 22nd, 2018 Klamath Falls, OR DETAILS

We have it because we basically live in the middle of the woods in Oregon. My husband only goes out of town for business so I needed to have something for those occasions. I haven't had to use it, but I've tested it a couple of times and someone always responds. I feel confident in that there's someone there to answer me if I need them and that gives me a sense of security. If I do need help, they'll be there for me.

Tammy Y
February 22nd, 2018 Chicago, IL

I live alone and needed to have something in case I fell or got hurt, so I just kind of picked the company. For the money that I'm paying I think it's an ok service. I might have to cancel it though since I can barely pay for it right now.

29again
February 22nd, 2018 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

I looked online and, according to consumer ratings, they had the best scores from all the mobile medical alert systems available at the time, so I went with them. They're just about average to be honest. I have one button that works only while I'm at home and I take the other one with me when I'm away from home. I've only really used it for testing purposes or when I sat on the button accidentally. It does take them a long time to respond when I press the button. It's not really an immediate response.

Feb 26, 2018

Thanks for the review. Regarding response time, if our device is functioning as it should, you should be connected with one of our emergency response operators in under one minute. If that is not the case, we would like to have a member of our Technical Support team take a look at your device. Would you be willing to help us locate your account if that's the case? Any information you share in your response won't be posted to bestcompany.com. It will only be shared directly with Medical Guardian. If you could provide us with your full name and any other identifying information (i.e. address or phone number), we can look into your case more thoroughly. Thanks again for reaching out. Have a lovely day!

Elsie Rybacki
February 22nd, 2018 Monroeville, PA DETAILS

My son got it for me for my birthday. He made sure to pick a company that I would be comfortable with, even though he lives in another state. I wear the necklace and always put it on first thing in the morning. I feel secure and comfortable having them.

Jim Matthews
February 22nd, 2018 Greenfield, IN DETAILS

They were the simplest company to go with. Customer service has been responsive when I call them with questions. Typically I wear the button when no one's at home or if I'm going some place by myself. Though there are times when I'm not sure if the button is working.

Feb 26, 2018

Jim, thank you for the review. We're happy to be able to offer you a simple solution that meets your needs. We will have a member of our Customer Care team reach out to ensure that your button is working as it should.

Alan Baker
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I went with it since the wristband and the price seemed to be right for me. I haven't had to use it yet, but I wear it everyday. It's a convenient thing to have.

Laurie
February 22nd, 2018 Ambler, PA DETAILS

It was a combination of things that convinced me of getting this for my mother. Anytime I've talked to them they've answered my questions well. The people are also happy to help you run tests with it to make sure that it's all working. Even the salesman wasn't pushy at all, they let me make my own decision and gave me all the information that I needed to make it. The day that my mother fell and broke her arm, she was able to hit the button and call for help. I got a call from Guardian and a few minutes later I got a call from the local police saying that they had taken her to the hospital. I met them there and everything was alright. It worked like a charm and I was really glad that she had it.

Carol Burney
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I didn't really decide to get this, my brother did. I researched the top ten medical alert companies for myself. The top two were Medical Guardian and another one I can't remember. I gave my brother the name and information of the two and he chose Medical Guardian. The button is easy to charge and use. I use it all the time when I'm at home. Whenever I go out I make sure that I have it on me in case I don't have my cell phone on me. I sometimes put it under my clothes and the button gets pushed without a warning. They're always good about that when it happens. Whenever I call with questions, they answer them and are very polite. Whenever I've taken a fall, they've been there to help me.

Agnes Martel
February 22nd, 2018 Lake Charles, LA DETAILS

I researched and picked this one out from the top 10 for my mom. We've tested it to check that it's working. They've always been helpful when we call. So far things have been good.

February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I'm 84 years old and I'm retired, so on a typical day I don't do much. Since I live alone, having it keeps me in touch with my medical people and my doctor. If I got to go to the hospital, all I have to do is push the button and they'll get me an ambulance out here quickly. Whenever I need to get in touch with them they're always courteous and get me good information.

Kathy Patton
February 22nd, 2018 Inkster, MI DETAILS

Initially the service was purchased as a gift for my husband but he has since passed away. We did use it to call an ambulance for him when we needed it. They were extremely fast and took no time in sending an ambulance over. They didn't ask any questions, they just sent them out.

February 22nd, 2018 Florence, SC DETAILS

We did extensive research online and we settled on this service. The button is easy to get used to and I don't even notice that I'm wearing it when I have the wristband or the necklace on me. I have it close by 24/7. I have not had to use it in an emergency yet, but I test it every two months or so. When I do that it takes a very long time before I get through to an operator. I'm very worried about that...

Feb 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're happy that you have not actually needed to use one of our devices in an emergency situation. Regarding response speed, our devices are supposed to connect you to one of our highly trained operators in under one minute. If that is not the case for you, we would like to have our technical support team look at your concerns. If that appears to be the case, would you mind sharing a bit of additional information to help us locate your account? Any information you share in your response won't be posted to bestcompany.com. It will only be shared directly with Medical Guardian. If you could provide us with the full name of the user and any other identifying information (i.e. address or phone number), we can look into your account more thoroughly. Thanks again for reaching out and we hope you have a lovely weekend!

Patricia Rebold
February 22nd, 2018 Hilton, NY DETAILS

I did a lot of research and really liked what I read about Medical Guardian, so I went with them. If I have any question I can just call them and they will always answer me. The system is very easy to use it, I just love it, I really do. I'm thankful that I haven't had to use it so far, but I wear it every day. I take it with me wherever I go. It just gives me peace of mind to know that I have some protection.

Aimee Eichelberger
February 22nd, 2018 Romeoville, IL DETAILS

I live alone and have a chronic disease that can make me unconscious if my blood pressure gets too low. Because of that I wanted to have something to protect myself with in case I'm on the verge of collapsing and can't reach my phone. Luckily I haven't had to use it, but the service has been good. I think it's a pretty good system, it doesn't need to be tied to a phone line. Instead it's all wireless so I can take it with me anywhere I go. That's good.

February 22nd, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

I haven't had to use it yet, but typically I just keep the unit close to wherever I'm sitting. I'd like it to be waterproof so I could wear it in the shower. Though I don't really wear the pendant since I have a sleep disorder and have been known to just take off and leave it somewhere. Actually, after I misplaced the first one I had, I got a second one within two days.

John Arnold
February 22nd, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

My wife was the one that picked it out. I guess it's fine. I'm sure it works and it gives me a sense of being safe, though I've never had to use it.

Diane Knaust
February 22nd, 2018 Hudson, FL DETAILS

I was referred to it by my neighbors. I have not had to use it, except to test it that is. It takes forever when I try to contact somebody if I'm calling customer service. I've called their office and sat on the phone for 20 minutes before I got an operator on the other side. All I kept getting was 'call volume is greater than expected please hold, please hold.' After that though they were very cooperative.

Feb 26, 2018

Diane, thank you for the review. We're happy that your overall experience has been a positive one. We are actively working to address our increased call volume and you should see improvement in the coming weeks. Know that we prioritize actual emergencies above all else and that our emergency response operators are available 24/7 to quickly answer your call should you ever need any assistance. Have a great afternoon!

Marsha Turner
February 22nd, 2018 Bluffton, IN DETAILS

I got it since I liked the coverage and the price that they gave me. I had to use it once so that they could come and take me to the hospital when I needed them. They were very responsive and got me there. They're very people oriented.

Alice Dicks
February 22nd, 2018 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

The button is easy to use and customer service has been real quick to answer whenever I call them. They always explain things to me very well.

John And
February 22nd, 2018 Salisbury, MD DETAILS

My sister was the one that decided to get it for me. So far it has been like an insurance: it's there for when we need it but we haven't had to use it. I still wear it every day. We haven't had any problems so far.

Al Sarnelle
February 22nd, 2018 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

The price of it was what convinced me of getting it. I haven't had to use it yet.

Diane Altman
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I did research on a number of companies and looked at all the different options. In the end, Medical Guardian looked like the right company to go with. Most of the times that we've called Medical Guardian have all been by mistake, but they showed us how quick the can respond. The one time we did need them, they were very helpful. My wife had fallen during the night and they dispatched an ambulance to help us get her up and take her to the hospital. They were very responsive, courteous, and followed their protocol. It seems like it works well in different parts of the country and in different areas without any issues.

Angela Mascaro
February 22nd, 2018 Euclid, OH DETAILS

My daughter signed me up for the service. Since I live in my own house she wanted me to have it. I keep it in my living room and I have the necklace thing around my neck all the time, even when I go to bed. I've never had to use it, but we try to make sure that it's all working.

Alica Bentley
February 22nd, 2018 Daly City, CA DETAILS

I have really severe arthritis and have taken some bad falls in the last couple of months. Last night I fell out of my bed and had to push the button to call for the fire department and things went well. The only thing was that they didn't provide the fire department with the code that they needed to get into my house without breaking the door. In the end the lock thing that they gave me was kind of a fiasco.

Feb 23, 2018

Alicia, thank you for reaching out. We're happy that you were able to get help when you needed it recently, but we definitely would like to look into what occurred with your door being broken down. We have located your account and will be in touch shortly. Have a lovely weekend!

Nikki Mendes
February 22nd, 2018 Sun City, AZ DETAILS

They were very competitive when it came to the price and the features that they had, so I went with it. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it at this point, we've just called them for checking and verification purposes. On an occasion I did have to wait for a bit to get an answer from them, but other than that things have been excellent. The button seems durable enough. I can take both the pendant and the unit with me into the shower and they seem to work as advertised.

G.B.
February 22nd, 2018 State College, PA DETAILS

I went with them since they have their own system for everything. They have their own wireless network from which they do the calls and they don't need an outside company to do that. I do think that the base station is very bulky though. I've had to use it twice since I got it. When I fell outside they responded fairly quickly. Though the second time the woman that responded couldn't quite understand what I was saying.

Patsy Farmer
February 22nd, 2018 Roseburg, OR DETAILS

My son got it for me. I've had it for a year now and I haven't had to use it. I'm sure that when I need it it'll be working just fine.

Karol Walter
February 22nd, 2018 Aberdeen, MD DETAILS

I had a stroke once and things didn't go that well, so I started looking at all the services out there. Since they had the best options, I got it. I haven't had to use it yet, but I feel secure having it. If I have a stroke or if I need to go to the doctor for an emergency, I can use it. The button is easy to use. I know because I accidentally hit it once and the response I got was great. My kids don't have to worry about me and they'll be notified if something does happen.

Alfred Smith
February 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

I got them because I liked the features that they offered. Besides, I also liked the fact that you didn't have to have a land phone since that meant it could protect me anywhere, not just inside the house. I haven't had to use it yet, just tested it, but I've been happy with how that went. They were able to pinpoint where I was, which was good. I feel more comfortable having it around.

Priscilla Poirier
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I wear it in the morning and they've come to help me already.

Judith K
February 22nd, 2018 Peoria, IL DETAILS

The guy that sold it to us was very good, that was one of the reasons we got it. I haven't had to use it, I just wear it around the house and feel very safe having it on me. So far I like it a lot, I trust them.

Annette Y
February 22nd, 2018 North Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

I was impressed with what I read about Medical Guardian. Since it was relatively inexpensive in comparison to other plans, I just decided to go with it. It has been excellent so far. I haven't had to use it yet, but I wear it all day long and take it out with me. When I've inadvertently set off the alarm, I always get a quick response. There have been a couple of times that I called them with questions and they gave me the answers I needed immediately. I was extremely happy with that. I feel comfortable with them and I know that if I need them for an emergency, things will work fine.

M.K.
February 22nd, 2018 Baldwin, NY DETAILS

One of my friends had it and since it seemed to work just fine I got it too. When I fell, they came right away. It didn't even take 5 minutes for them to get here. They were very quick, thorough, and they knew what they were doing. They are very alert.

Beverly Ryan
February 22nd, 2018 Hamilton, OH DETAILS

The price was what convinced me of getting it. They answer quickly when I call them and get me what I need.

Judith Ulery
February 22nd, 2018 Coupeville, WA DETAILS

My daughter researched it online and, since it had good reports, she got it for me. I haven't really had to use it but I accidentally set it off one time. The responded quickly. The only problem I have right now is that the watch part is too big for me.

David And
February 22nd, 2018 Pittsford, NY DETAILS

I liked their price and the process that they have to handle calls, so I got it. Since my father died in December, I've had to call the EMTs twice with it. They're very prompt and efficient.

Norma Brakhage
February 22nd, 2018 Knoxville, AR DETAILS

The service was recommended to me by my neighbor, so I got it. I use it all the time, including when I'm in my bedroom or just in my sitting room. I usually have to call them myself to check on the device, they don't do anything about that.

Barbara Marinoni
February 22nd, 2018 Peoria, AZ

My daughter who lives in California went through the whole process of getting it and paying for it so I could have it. I guess she just found the one she wanted for me and called me to let me know that I was going to get it. I haven't used it. I have fallen a couple of times since I got it, but I've been able to get up myself so I never had to call them. On top of that, I spent most of the holidays with my daughter in California. While I was there I just assumed the button wouldn't work, so I just didn't use it. When I'm in town I have it on me all the time though. I called one time by mistake and they were very fast in calling me. They asked me if I was alright and I just told them it had been a mistake, they were very kind. I'm sure they will be very alert if something happens. I mean, they were right on it when I pushed the button by mistake, so I know that they'll call me immediately if anything happens. It's a way for someone to keep an eye on me in case something happens, though I wish I didn't have to have it. Hopefully I won't have to use it.

Barbara Cofield
February 22nd, 2018 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

I was with another company before but I just didn't like their rates at all. I started researching and came up with Medical Guardian, so I switched to them. They take about the same time to answer the alarm as the other company, which is a good time. The only concern that I have about the device is the necklace button that you push. It's all very nice but if it gets misplaced it's almost impossible to know where it is. When I talked to someone about that problem, no one offered any suggestions to improve the situation with it. It wasn't good customer service.

Feb 26, 2018

Barbara, thanks for the review. You are correct that we don't currently offer any way to locate a missing necklace at present, but we will pass along your valuable feedback. Have a great week!

Buster Brown
February 22nd, 2018 Hollywood, MD DETAILS

I liked what they had to offer, so I got it. I haven't had to use it yet, but I like their customer service and their response time.

Sheila Gordon
February 22nd, 2018 Louisville, KY DETAILS

I investigated several companies and settled on this one as the best one for the family member that needed it, my mother in law. She uses it on a daily basis and really enjoys having it. Customer support has never failed to answer the phone when we call and make sure to send someone when something happens. The button always works. She fell once and was unable to get up while she was home alone. She used the necklace and summoned an ambulance and police officers. Since we had the lock box, they were able to get in without any problems. They helped her get up and checked to make sure she was ok. Fortunately things were fine. They've been a wonderful company to work with. They're always very customer friendly.

Rose Bays
February 22nd, 2018 Bloomfield, IN DETAILS

I looked on the internet at the different ratings and since they were pretty highly rated I got it for my mother. We haven't had to use it for anything other than the initial testing. I think there could be some more features built into the basic units, like the fall detection, but it turns out you have to upscale and pay extra for those features. It'd be nice if they came as standard for the units. Still, it's a comfort to have it for my mother.