Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Karen Martin

October 19th, 2017 Locust Grove, VA

I got it for my brother-in-law since he can't get around no more. He wears it around his neck. He hasn't had to use it yet, but it's just safe to have it and know that somebody could come to the rescue if he needs it.

Jan Cimorelli

October 19th, 2017 Schaumburg, IL

I got it for my mother because they have 24/7 support, plus they gave me a good deal with the equipment. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable. Setting the system up was fairly easy. My mother has hit the button twice accidentally, but they've responded right away and called me. We haven't had any emergencies, but so far we're very happy with it.

Peggy Cody

October 19th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK'

We've only used it for testing. We've had a little bit of contact, but they have been very courteous.

Nancy Boerup

October 19th, 2017 Augusta, KS

It has worked out fine. On an occasion, I had fallen and couldn't get up but I had that. It brings me the security I need since I live alone.

Colleen Bungard

October 19th, 2017 Rice Lake, WI

Thank God, we haven't had to use it yet. When we do tests they answer and so far it has been doing what it is supposed to do. I am concerned about the part that rides around in my mom's car. I feel like the instructions are kind of hard to understand, I actually needed to rewrite them and tape them to the car. The print was too small and it was really dark in there, she needed it to be bigger for it to be easy to read. I just hope that it's worth it for when she's out and about. It's a security blanket for us, since she lives alone.

Beverly J Wasdorp

October 19th, 2017 Coarsegold, CA'

LifeStation has been perfect. I haven't had to use it for emergencies, but I've tested it before. It does take them too long to answer. You have to buzz at least 5 times before anybody answers, I could be dead by then. It's nice to have it though, it's comforting to know that I have it.

October 19th, 2017 Houston, TX

I've used it when I fell. They called and asked what was wrong. The equipment works ok. The only thing I would change is make the chain or necklace a little shorter.

William Bradbury

October 19th, 2017 Giddings, TX'

Fortunately we haven't had a situation when we needed to use it. We did test it and they responded really quickly. My only complain is that I hoped that the unit would work just fine in our home. We had a fairly small home, about two thousand square feet, and we had it in the bedroom. Out there, in the living room, it doesn't really work. If the device goes off and activates, there's no way they can hear me. I don't think I could hear them either to be honest. I wish there was some external speaker or some other remote way to have that be better. Other than that, we're happy with it.

Judy Kraus

October 19th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

I got LifeStation because it was the most cost effective and did what they were supposed to do. I haven't had to use it, but I've accidentally set it off a couple of times and they've called back real quick. The only thing is that the little pendant thing seems kind of cheap, it doesn't look like it's waterproof.

Mary Mahar

October 19th, 2017 Cohoes, NY

It provides everything I needed, including monitoring for my mother if she falls. She uses it all day long and hasn't needed to use it. She only activated it once by mistake, thank God. They have been very kind to my mother. The only thing is that the device is so sensitive that my mother sets it off accidentally.

Pennie Bagwell

October 19th, 2017 Oakley, CA

We haven't had to use it for an emergency, but my mom has used it to test the system. They have been very responsive when we get them on the phone, and they always wish you a good day. They're very polite and friendly. It works well for my mom, she can use it anywhere in the house.

Stuart Kessler

October 19th, 2017 Lake Worth, FL

The service covers my needs, that's why I got it. Every month or every 2 months, I call to have it tested. The waiting time is a bit long, which makes me wonder how long it will take to get to them if there's an emergency. Thank God I haven't had to use it yet.

Rose Wilkins

October 19th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

The only time that I've had to use it was to test it and they answered within a couple of minutes. I haven't had to use it for an emergency yet though.

Rich Mandel

October 19th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

My mom is the person that uses it. She has had to use it before and the EMT responded very quickly. Whenever she had false alarms, there was always a prompt response. It provides us the service that we need at a reasonable cost.

Doretta Thomsen

October 19th, 2017 San Ramon, CA

I only had one experience when I needed to use it. The woman that time was very kind and stayed on the phone with me until the paramedics showed up. Fortunately, I haven't had that much need for it. If I ever do, I just have to push the panic button wherever I am. I'm very happy with that. I do wish it was a little less heavy, but it's extremely valuable, especially because you can't put a price on saving your life.

Cheryl Mccuin

October 19th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

I bought the service for my dad. He lives on his own and he had to use it about 3 months ago. The response was immediate and the service was great. The device is easy for my dad to use, it isn't too complicated unlike other ones. Customer service is very professional and caring whenever you speak with them.

Carolyn Sabo

October 19th, 2017 Oregon City, OR'

My son made the decision for me, and I used it when I slipped on the floor and couldn't get up. It did what they say it would do. The only thing is that it works in the house, but not if I'm out of the yard.

Mary Alice Rawson

October 19th, 2017 Pendleton, SC

I've never had to use it, but I have rolled over during the night and set it off. I wear it constantly, so I've had a couple of false alarms. It's always nice to know that there are people there that will respond to the alarm, even if it is a mistake. They also do that immediately, which is good news.

Syndy Hart

October 19th, 2017 Reading, PA'

My mother uses it and she also has the feature that monitors the person if they fall. They have given her the support that she needs.

October 19th, 2017 Hannibal, MO

I haven't had to use it yet. Customer service has been very nice and they answer all my questions. It's very convenient.

Becky Karakurt

October 19th, 2017 Allyn, WA

The person hasn't had to use it for an emergency, but she's tested it a few times. Every time we call them they have been awesome, and anyone that comes on the phone is great and funny. The device itself is easy to wear too. It's always been easy and a very nice company to deal with.

Brenda Scheurich

October 19th, 2017 Dexter, MI

I got it for my mother. She has never had to use it, but they're always there when she calls.

Linnie Booker

October 19th, 2017 Memphis, TN

I had fallen before, so I knew that I needed some kind of protection in the house. That is especially if I go into the tub to take a bath. I'm scared of falling, but I know that if I need it I can get someone to come and check on me. It's always available and reliable.

Rich Tabor

October 19th, 2017 Lakewood, OH'

I needed something that was a fast alert system and not extremely pricey for my mother. Thankfully, she has never had to use it, but she wears it mostly while she's outside of the house. She always carries the little pager on her purse, just in case. They have been reasonably good, but I did get double billed, it think that was because we switched between two bank accounts when the charge was being processed. I never heard back from them, but I know they were going to refund me. Other than that, everything has gone smoothly, they are on top of things and communicate with me.

Marcella Mankameyer

October 19th, 2017 Albany, OR

I've never had to use it, but I did accidentally bump it and I got a response.

Pam Scholl

October 19th, 2017 Athens, OH

It's for my dad, and he typically wears it on his wrist. Whenever we've tested it, or if he accidentally sets it off, we always get a quick response and get taken care of. They answered all the questions we had and, when we needed an update, they gave me all the information that we needed. We've had no problems, and the device is easy enough for my dad to use, but not too sensitive as to have a lot of false triggers.

Norma Rosa

October 19th, 2017 Forest Hills, NY

I had gone to the hospital for a hip replacement. Nowadays they don't send you to a rehab center, they just send you directly home after the surgery, so I decided to get some form of medical alert system. I chose them because they offered the services that I needed, and I knew that I would get a good response time. Since I live alone, having the device gave me some confidence. Fortunately I haven't had to use it, but whenever I test it, the response is immediate. Customer service has been very god. I live in a prewar building, so a lot of the outlets were not compatible. Because of that, they had to get me a different device. They were very helpful when returning the original device and helped me get the second one installed and made sure it worked. The price has also been very affordable compared to some other devices. It has been comforting to know it is there if I need it. As an older person, it gives you a lot of security to know that if you're home alone you have the assistance that you need.

Nancy Costin

October 19th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

When we were buying it, the girl that answered us was very nice and explained everything. She made it really simple and easy to get on it. We test the device every once in a while, but we've had a couple of incidents when my mother fell and had to push the button. On those occasions, they get in touch with us right away so we can go over and help her out. They don't waste any time and I was very happy about that. The price is also good, they don't kill you over it.

Martha Cooley

October 19th, 2017 Greensboro, NC

I needed it for my mother in law, and I liked everything they had to offer. She keeps the necklace around her neck all the time, except for when she's asleep that is. She has used it some two or three times, and it works beautifully. All she has to do is press the button. They have been quite efficient and fast in their reaction time. I'm impressed with the low cost, it has helped us greatly, especially because she is on a fixed budget. It has been better than what my grandmother used to have some years ago.

Charles Morris

October 19th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO'

I like being able to wear it all the time when I'm out shopping. Because of the GPS I don't have to be within so many feet to my home phone. I've had no problems with customer service.

Pat Champ

October 19th, 2017 Mountain Grove, MO

It was pretty easy to get going with the service. You just have to plug it in and that's it. I've never had an emergency, but since I'm in a wheelchair and getting up is really hard, I'm glad I have it. I know that if I fell, I would have the help that I need. The service is also fairly priced.

William Luna

October 19th, 2017 North Bergen, NJ

It is more expensive than other devices, but it has the auto fall detection feature. They have been very responsive, courteous, and helpful. I have nothing but good results when I call them.

Melinda Lampke

October 19th, 2017 Latonia, KY'

My father has used it several times. He has mobility issues and his legs have gone out under him. Recently he fell and had a stroke, so he used the service to get an ambulance to his apartment. The device is easy to operate, and my dad wears the neck type device all the time. He hasn't had any problems. Every call has been answered promptly, even when we do checks once a month. Even when we felt like we were bugging customer service, they were very nice and helpful. LifeStation is a very reputable company, and I can't say enough to thank them about his life alert system.

Angela Demartini

October 19th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

I don't wear it all the time, like when I a shower or take a bath. But a little after I got it I fell, after that I decided to wear it all the time. Every time I need to call them, they answer immediately and take care of me. The fire department got here pretty fast when I needed them too. It makes me feel safe whenever I have it on.

Leonard Lane

October 19th, 2017 Fall Branch, TN'

We have tried it and they respond right away. It has been good.

Jerry Deweese

October 19th, 2017 Sylva, NC

We test the devices and necklace about once a month. We had a minor mechanical issue with it, but they were very responsive and fixed those issues. The problem was with the telephone line, but they were prompt. It works properly now.

October 19th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I bought it because it sounded like a fairly good deal. I haven't had to use it, but whenever I've had to contact customer service to make sure that the equipment works, they have been polite and nice. There's always someone there when I ring the button. It gives me comfort.

Roberta Singer

October 19th, 2017 New York, NY

I've never had to use it, though I did have to call customer service when the battery on the device ran out. They sent me another one, but it took too long to get here. Aside from that, I'm supposed to check it once a month and I think it's too loud.

Phyllis Ayers

October 19th, 2017 Lincolnton, NC

My son got this for me as a surprise after my husband passed away. I haven't had to use it, but I think it's good judging from other people's experiences.

Edward & Arelyn Rogus

October 19th, 2017 Canfield, OH

I needed some protection after all the illnesses that I had. I figured that having the one that you can wear all the time and that travels with you would be best. Especially if it was something that could reach out behind the house itself. While I haven't had an emergency where I need to use it, I take it with me anywhere so I can dial up 911 if I have to. It's my safety button and I trust it with my life.

Ronald Ellison

October 19th, 2017 Riverside, CA

My wife has used it once, when she fell down. I guess I couldn't quite hear her at first, but I heard the voice that she was talking to. Though, instead of calling me they called 911. It wasn't really an emergency, she just needed some help to get up. We like it because the wristband and the little necklace are easy to use, though she prefers the necklace part.

Tom Spinella

October 19th, 2017 Chicago, IL'

I chose it because of the price and reliability but it takes too much time to get through to an operator.

Sue Avery

October 19th, 2017 Fairport, NY

My mother hasn't had any emergency but when we test it customer service is very nice and efficient. The service seems fine.

Patricia White

October 19th, 2017 Raleigh, NC

I'm very mobile for an elderly person and I don't like that it doesn't cover me while I'm out in the yard, in the car, or going somewhere else.

Ajay Murphy

October 19th, 2017 East Taunton, MA

My mother uses the necklace piece every day and has no complaints. Whenever she uses it, things have been taken care of without issues. Customer service has always been professional and helpful, even when I called to replace things that went out.

Leon Alexander

October 19th, 2017 Glendale, CA

I've never really needed to use it, but I still carry it with me. If I'm in an accident or problem while I'm away from home, I know they can still provide me assistance. The system is not tied to a single location, so I think that's great. I pressed the button by accident once and they did send the cops. I think they were very good and handled that well. It is a nuisance that you have to plug it in constantly to recharge the batteries though. The service is relatively expensive, but if I ever need it it's extremely valuable.

David Burchfield

October 19th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I got it for my husband since he was home alone at the time while I worked. Customer service has been great. Our dog ate the alarm a few times but they talked to us and helped us sort it out quickly! They're very efficient and they do what they say they're goanna do.

Stanley Harris

October 19th, 2017 Axtell, TX

I got it for my in-laws after researching online. The issue we have is that we can't get them to actually use it that much. We were able to get it set up and called them to see if we got a response, which we did. They seem to be very prompt and knowledgeable about what needs to be done. The device is sensitive enough to record and report all kinds of issues. It provides a bit of comfort in regards to the security and safety of the user.

October 17th, 2017 Aurora, CO

I haven't used it yet, but the straps of the device break all the time. I've had to replace the whole unit because of that.

Beth Routzahn

October 17th, 2017 Bucyrus, OH

I just got it because my mom was falling a lot. So far it has worked.