Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

October 25th, 2017 Madison, NJ DETAILS

We got it because the price and the service seemed good.

Roberta Mauksch
October 25th, 2017 Chatsworth, CA DETAILS

My friends got it for me at a time when I had two surgeries. They thought it'd be useful if I ever got in a bind so I could either contact them or drive myself to the emergency room. I don't wear the device when I'm at home since it's so small. Still, since I'm unsteady on my feet and wobbly all over the place, I carry the device with me whenever I go out. Customer service actually gave me the necklace device after I told them I wanted to be able to use the device while I'm outside. Other than that, I haven't had any major issues with them. Since my friends got it through Kaiser Permanente, we don't have to pay full price for the service. I only wish I had a bracelet instead of the necklace piece since it falls out of my shirt whenever I lean over. It's a bit inconvenient.

Lisa Bedwell
October 25th, 2017 New Park, PA DETAILS

We got it since it had a built in GPS and that's what my boyfriend needed. When we talked to the salespeople they were really nice to talk to and seemed concerned about us. They mailed us the button through overnight shipping and it got here right away. We've only tested it so far, but somebody came on right away and asked us how he was doing and everything. They were very courteous and pleasant to talk to and really cared about us. Customer service is very caring and understand what you're going through, they get you the help you need right away. The device itself is not really big or small, he just wears it around his neck and hardly ever notices that it's there.

Eugene Baisch
October 25th, 2017 San Carlos, CA DETAILS

I haven't had a need to use it so far, though I test it once a month. What surprised me was that I didn't test it for 2 months and I never got a call from them.

M.M. or Anonymous
October 25th, 2017 East Northport, NY DETAILS

The price is reasonable and the equipment works. Thank goodness I've never had to use it, but I keep it as a safety device. Customer support is fine, they always respond whenever I have to call them. The device itself is fine, I have the band on the wrist. It just gives me peace of mind when I'm alone in the house.

Harold Curry
October 25th, 2017 Overland Park, KS DETAILS

I got it since it seemed so much better than the last device I had, especially since it has GPS. So far I haven't actually used it, but I put it around my neck. The only thing is that it's so sensitive that even if I hardly move, it still goes off. They always contact me immediately when something goes wrong though.

Don Paulson
October 25th, 2017 Mankato, MN' DETAILS

I haven't had to use the device, though I think that it is portable and easy to use. I like that I can use it outside the home too.

Howard Friedman
October 25th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY' DETAILS

I needed the device for a family member. I haven't had to use it, but they always wear it around their neck. The billing should be improved.

Sue Anson
October 25th, 2017 Sarasota, FL DETAILS

My daughter researched the device for me. I've used it several times when I fell and got picked up and taken to the hospital. They are always very prompt. I wear the bracelet and it has been really handy. I feel safer with it. In general I don't like paying, but they are good and I'm already well established with them.

Marla Brown
October 25th, 2017 Vancouver, WA DETAILS

The service was offered by my insurance company, so I decided to go with them. I haven't had to use it, but it has been great. The device works very well, and whenever we called the emergency people they came here right away. They contacted the people that were on my list and everything has worked really well. They have been very quick at responding, stay on the phone with me, and talk to me while the emergency people come. They even follow up with me the next day. They don't really need to do that, but that type of service is great. My only complaint is with the device itself, I think it has a glitch with the fall detection feature. It has gone off without me pushing the button and I've received unnecessary calls.

Vince Lopez
October 25th, 2017 San Jose, CA DETAILS

My mother was living alone and I was worried about her, so I got the device so she could have that protection. She never had to use it thank God, but every time we had a problem they were very helpful. In fact, during the buying process we had to make a change since my ex wife was paying for it at that time. We had no problem with that and everything went smoothly. Recently, we moved her back in with us but we decided we were still going to keep it.

Ron Gray
October 25th, 2017 Danville, CA DETAILS

I got the device for my mother and it works just fine. It works as required every time and it's very handy especially since my mother moves from our place to my sister's. It is pretty easy to get the address changed if needed, though I've been asked to restore address every time she moves. Customer service has been very courteous and I think they're doing a good job.

Hattie Wright
October 25th, 2017 Geneva, OH DETAILS

I fell once and used it. They answered immediately and called my daughter who was first on my list. The ambulance came later and I was just fine, they helped me get up and then left. They have responded well. The only thing I don't like is the necklace part. I'd rather have the bracelet since the necklace cord doesn't look good with a low neck garment.

October 25th, 2017 Santa Rosa, CA DETAILS

I've never had to use it but it goes off by itself. It's very annoying since it's really loud. That has been annoying since I live in Northern California and there are fires going all around. Since the buildings are being evacuated I tried to disconnect the machine to avoid having more false alarms. Still, even though I disconnected the machine, it still kept going off with a high pitched alarm. I tried calling them, but I did so very late and the office that took care of those issues was closed. They were supposed to call me back today but they haven't, which I guess it's still reasonable. This is the only problem I've had with them since I got the system a few years back, but it makes me worry a little. I was ready to throw the machine away then, but I am worried that if I ever want to cancel they will give me a bunch of cancellation charges to return the machine. I tried to find out how that would be like, but I wasn't able to figure it out.

Ann Merrill
October 25th, 2017 Alamogordo, NM DETAILS

I got it since I liked what they had to offer. I've haven't called for an emergency or anything, but I use it if I'm out at the store, in the field, shopping, or stuff like that. We have to call once a month to test it and they've always been prompt in answering and give me good service. I like all the features it has.

Joan Johnson
October 25th, 2017 Addison, PA DETAILS

Late on a Saturday night I went and laid out in bed to go to sleep. I rolled over and I felt a sharp pain in the center of my chest. It wouldn't go away, so I called my son. He was 3 hours away so he just suggested I try and press the button. I did that and they sent an ambulance out to check on my vitals. I didn't even have to take the ambulance, but they really helped me.

Don Smith
October 25th, 2017 Redwood City, CA DETAILS

We got it because there was an agreement with Kaiser and they gave us a reduced rate. I haven't had to use it for an emergency, but I test it often. I carry it in my pocket and they've always been right there. Initially I had numerous problems with the product, but I reached a supervisor who helped me and gave me 3 months with no charge. Every individual I had contacted has been willing to do anything they can to help me.

Gertie Mae Landry
October 25th, 2017 St Martinville, LA DETAILS

My mother has one of those medical station, though she has never had to use it yet. Still she has never had any problem with it and it has never failed.

T.J.M.
October 25th, 2017 Palm Coast, FL DETAILS

I've only had it for 3 months and have not used it, but I have it as a safety device. They have responded to any questions I had and responded quickly.

Ruth Richards
October 25th, 2017 Ocoee, FL DETAILS

My children got it for me, and I haven't had to use it. I don't think it's worth it though. I am restricted to my house to use the device, and I like to go out and about. I really want and need something that's wireless. Had I been the one choosing the device, I would've gotten something else. Also, it says that I should get a monthly call to do a test or something and nobody has done that yet. I have gone and pressed the button sometimes to make sure that it's working and that the signal gets through to them.

Laurie Shuldt
October 25th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM' DETAILS

Everything has been perfect, I've gotten an immediate response from the paramedics and they work really quickly. Customer service has been very supportive and patient.

Elizabeth Tucker
October 25th, 2017 Vancouver, WA DETAILS
starstarstarstarstarstar

I got it 'cause my insurance supports it and gives us a bit of a discount for it. I've used it several times and it has worked quite well. They help me when I need it and have done about as good of a job as others out there. I use the necklace device and it's right there where I can grab it. It doesn't take too much to press it and they usually respond and ask me if I'm ok. I can just relay to them what's going on.

Linda Cole
October 25th, 2017 Montrose, PA DETAILS

We got it because they had the best price. I haven't had to use it, but I did call them to add more names and phone numbers to the contact list. They were really helpful with that.

Priscilla Plocher
October 25th, 2017 Highland, IL DETAILS

I have never used it, but my dog has pressed the button by accident. Those times they answered right away and they were understanding about it. I use the necklace all the time and I feel absolutely safe with it, even at night time. I keep close by.

Martin Dirks
October 25th, 2017 Seattle, WA' DETAILS

I've never had to use it, but it seems to work fine. I haven't had much contact with customer service but they seem to be ok.

October 25th, 2017 New York, NY' DETAILS

The service was recommended by a friend, and I used it once when my blood pressure was low. Other than that, I haven't had any contact with customer support. The service does work.

GinP_1016Ort Paradero
October 25th, 2017 Willard, OH DETAILS

I chose LifeStation since it was the right price and I didn't need to have a contract with them. They are always right there when you push the button. Their reaction time is good and it's inexpensive.

Cande Lofton
October 25th, 2017 Fairfield, CA' DETAILS

We got it because of the cost and service it offered. I haven't had to use it yet, but customer service has answered all my questions. It has all the things I need.

Mary Schneider
October 25th, 2017 Louisville, KY DETAILS

I had to push the button because my mom fell outside. We needed help and they were very prompt. The device is comfy.

Melinda Booze
October 25th, 2017 Springfield, MO DETAILS

So far my mother hasn't had to use it. In our experience whenever we call to make sure the device work the customer service we receive has been very good, they are responsive.

Michael Slabin
October 25th, 2017 Woodstock, GA DETAILS

I just wear it since I'm at home all day. The medical device is fine.

M.H. or Anonymous
October 25th, 2017 Orange City, FL DETAILS

After researching a few companies, I liked the fact that I could use my home phone line rather than a cellphone. The pricing was also good and the customer service people I talked to seemed very attentive, so I decided to go with them. I've only tested it and aside from the time when we had hurricanes coming by, everything works fine.

October 25th, 2017 Erie, PA' DETAILS

Initially we picked I because of the price. My mother uses the device and I know she wears the device every day on her wrist. There's really no issue with it. Customer service is very thorough, responsive, extremely kind, and compassionate. They contact the people on the list we gave them to call in case of emergencies. They are always there if my mother needs help. We are very satisfied with it and it does exactly what we need it to do.

Cheryl Morgan
October 25th, 2017 Oceana, WV' DETAILS

My mom is the one who wears it and there have been a couple of times when she set off the alarm. They have contacted her quickly when that happens. The device is very sensitive, but it does what I need it to do and I've been happy with that. We have no issues with it.

T.H. or Anonymous
October 25th, 2017 Ewing, IL DETAILS

We bought the device for someone else and she seems to be doing okay with it. She doesn't always wear it though.

N.J.W. or Anonymous
October 25th, 2017 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

I got Life Station through my medical insurance. So far I haven't had to use it but they're ok.

Anthony Comundoiwilla
October 25th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

I got LifeStation because they seemed like a good and reputable company. The device is there, available and activated, but I haven't had to use it yet. I have no problems with the device and nobody bothers me about it. Their call center calls in from time to time to make sure that the device is working properly and I'm very pleased with that. It's very convenient, though I wish they'd give me a lower price. Since I'm retired and on a fixed income, it hurts to pay for it

Becky Hsu
October 25th, 2017 Auburndale, MA DETAILS

I purchased it for my parents. It has been a safety device that is comfortable and gives us trust. I am happy because I know that they will be safe.

Joseph Oconnor
October 25th, 2017 Dripping Springs, TX DETAILS

I got it for my parents and LifeStation has always been very responsive. The device itself is just junk though, the wristband has broken 4 times already.

Sandra Humpherys
October 25th, 2017 San Marcos, CA DETAILS

I tried with other companies before switching to LifeStation. With the others, it seemed that the device would overcharge all the time and then stop working. Since the doctor wanted me to have one, my son and I decided to get LifeStation through Kaiser. It definitely works, maybe too well. I use the necklace and it's very lightweight and doesn't bother me at all. Still, it's very sensitive and goes off if I lean too close to the TV or even when I wore it under my shirt. Whenever we had false alarms, they still went and responded immediately to know if I was having trouble. Once I didn't even hear the emergency call and they went ahead and called my son. Since they couldn't get a hold of me, they ended up sending the firefighters, which was a little embarrassing. Still, I appreciated the response time.

Mary Ellen Ipser
October 25th, 2017 Snellville, GA DETAILS

My one complaint is that when I test the machine, the response time seems to be very long. I'm concerned about that. Other than that the device is working.

October 25th, 2017 Larchwood, IA DETAILS

The device is for my mother and I got it because I wanted her to be able to go the yard by herself. So far we haven't had any problems and it seems easy for my mom to use.

Lou Ann Johnson
October 25th, 2017 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I haven't had to use it since I got it, but I do call and test it. They have always been supportive and answered all my questions. I haven't had any problems with it and I'm thankful to have it.

William Boyd
October 25th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

I've used it before when I had to get up and rush to the kitchen. I had a walker, but when I got to the kitchen I lost my balance and fell. I was able to press my button and they got someone to come pick me up. The only thing is that it sometimes goes off on its own saying 'emergency, emergency' in the middle of the night. I still can't understand why that is.

Phil Noon
October 25th, 2017 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS

Customer support has always been very quick when responding to my concerns. We do the button test once a month, but it does take quite a while for them to answer. The wrist device is a bit hard to manage since it's always too loose or too tight to the wrist, and the pins that hold it together sometimes pull out.

Rose Lakin
October 25th, 2017 North Pole, AK DETAILS

I've used it more than 4 times and had the ambulance come here, even though we're way out in the country. I would've been in dire need if my daughter hadn't gotten this for me. I have buttons all over my house: in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in my bedroom, and in my living room. I feel safe because I know that I can reach help if I need it. The service is super, you just push the button and somebody is there, you don't have to wait. You can't get any better than that.

John Chase
October 25th, 2017 Pilot Rock, OR DETAILS

My doctor recommended it and since the head nurse was using it for her mother I decided to get it. I've had a couple of times when I needed to press the button and the EMTs have come out to help me. I do wish they had gotten out here a lot sooner, but I'm still happy with the service. I've hit it accidentally a couple of times, but they have always been very courteous and nice. Having it makes me feel safe since my peers are a ways off and I'm here by myself tipping over all the time.

Roberta Steiner
October 25th, 2017 Topeka, KS DETAILS

We got it because it was the right price. I once pressed it by accident and they called me right away to see if there was anything wrong. The thing is that they wouldn't let me stop paying for the service for a time while I was figuring out my living situation. I've been paying for it for a year without needing it because they wouldn't let me suspend the service for a bit. I'm hoping my son will return the machine so I can stop paying for no use.

I.B. or Anonymous
October 25th, 2017 Mountlake Terrace, WA DETAILS

We are really happy with it. We haven't had to use it yet, but when it went off accidentally they called right back.

Gary Gammill
October 25th, 2017 Carlisle, AR DETAILS

I wear it around my neck of course, and I went outside one day and fell in the yard. I don't know if I knocked myself out or what, but when I came to I realized I was in the hospital. LifeStation knew I had fallen so they called and got someone to come and get me. The only problem I have is that I barely have to touch the button for it to go off. Then I get phone calls asking if I'm alright, if I don't answer they call the people in the contact list, and if I still don't get their call they will call emergency services. I don't much like that when it all happens by accident. It's too sensitive.