LifeFone verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

5.8

Call Now

LifeFone has been in the personal emergency response system business since 1976. Over the years, the LifeFone medical alert system has earned the recommendation of hospitals, area agencies on aging, home health care providers, and geriatric care managers as an integral part of a customer's overall care program.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Lifetime Price Guarantee
  • Caregiver Tools
  • Mobile Apps

LifeFone's Medical Alert System has a long list of no-cost benefits, with devices backed by a lifetime warranty and access to the company's nationwide 24/7 monitoring centers with just the press of a button.

LifeFone's service includes several benefits, including the following:

• Price: Depending on the package, LifeFone charges between $24.95 and $46.95 per month for various nonstop monitoring and emergency dispatch services. There are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Spouses are protected for free with the basic service, but automatic fall detection costs an additional $5 to $10 per month.
  • Contract: LifeFone offers members the option of a monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscription service with no contract. If members wish to terminate the service, they can do so at any time at no charge under LifeFone's lifetime warranty. If members have prepaid for their service, they will receive a refund on any unused prepaid service.
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty: Every LifeFone unit is backed by a lifetime equipment warranty, which includes no-charge equipment replacement.
  • Monitoring: LifeFone offers 24/7 monitoring and provides optional fall detection with each of its systems. The company's fall detection pendants have built-in sensors that will detect a fall and instantly contact LifeFone's call center for help.
  • Customer Service: LifeFone's professional emergency care agents are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • Lifetime Price Guarantee: LifeFone offers a lifetime price guarantee, which means that the price customers pay upon signup will not be changed for the duration of the plan, unless they switch to a new plan or product.
  • Caregiver Tools: LifeFone can help customers with some of the more routine but important aspects of daily living to ensure their wellbeing. The company offers additional care tools such as check-in services, medication reminders, system status alerts, and subscriber location service for those who subscribe to its on-the-go systems.
  • Mobile Apps: LifeFone offers two smartphone apps, Mobile Alert™ and Family Guard™. The Family Guard app gives families and/or caregivers the ability to configure family monitoring and tracking for the individual, while the Mobile Alert app allows the individual to get help anywhere in the U.S. through their cellular service.

The Bad

• Lack of Certification Information

Although LifeFone's service includes some great features, there is at least one drawback according to our research:

• Lack of Certification Information: Although LifeFone's monitoring team has undergone extensive training, it is difficult to determine whether or not these employees are EMT-certified based on the information provided on the company's website.

The Bottom Line

LifeFone is a well-respected company within the medical alert system industry and has a long history of providing helpful service. The company offers a number of attractive features, including competitive pricing, no contracts, a lifetime equipment warranty, around-the-clock monitoring, and a variety of caregiver tools.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeFone below.

Verna

December 7th, 2017 Owensville, MO DETAILS

It was something that was available in my area at the time. They are right on the ball, though I haven't had to use it yet. I still have to go and take care of an address change that I just had.

Richard

December 7th, 2017 DETAILS

It has been a while since we actually got it. All the other devices we were looking at were close in price. Their salesman talked to us about the three units that they have and the travel part of it. In the end, we just got it. I never really had to use it, thank god, but we tested it periodically and it always worked. The device satisfied my needs. They do what they are supposed to do.

Evalena

December 7th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX' DETAILS

I had a different device but LifeFone had much better qualifications so we decided we needed a changeover, which I'm very pleased about. I've been really lucky in that I haven't had to use it too often, but it's there and it's good knowing that it will work if I need it. I don't think anyone can beat this one, I recommended it wholeheartedly to everyone.

Margaret

December 7th, 2017 Hudson, NY DETAILS

My daughter got it for us since we're old and she was worried about us falling. Fortunately, I've never had to use it, but I do wear it and take it into the shower with me. It gives me some security, I feel better having it.

Larry

December 7th, 2017 Hanford, CA' DETAILS

My mom needed one of those, so I got it for her. She has used it a couple of times. On one occasion she kind of tripped and fell. The emergency guy came out right away and everything worked out very well. It's a good investment for elderly people. Everybody should have one. It's worth every penny.

Darlene

December 7th, 2017 Granbury, TX DETAILS

I got it since I needed one of these. I think this is something that every woman who lives alone needs. I have used the device many times since I have fallen a lot and had a stroke. It has been invaluable to me, it has just saved my life. Everything about it is excellent. This is truly a gift of life.

Gayleen & Rick

December 7th, 2017 West Jordan, UT' DETAILS

We were referred to it by one of our case workers. On a typical day I'd put the button on my husband whenever I leave since he's quadriplegic. We've had to use it quite a bit. Customer service is right on top of things and help me through whatever thing comes up. Even when the reception is going bad, they notify us or send us an email about it. It has been a lot of help for me, being a caretaker and all. They have taken care of us. We like that we now have the GPS system in place. I do think it could be cheaper. The GPS one is a lot of money and it's kind of hard to afford for people with disability.

Glenda & John

December 7th, 2017 Grafton, ND' DETAILS

My husband had issues since we was falling a lot. I researched two different companies and LifeFone sounded like the best. The device is easy to set up and use. It has gone off a few different times when I'm not home and it has been helpful. They are very good at getting in contact with us right away and someone is always there in a short period of time to asses the situation. We haven't had any real huge emergencies though.

Lonnie

December 7th, 2017 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

My mom is blind, so I got it for her. She has the life alert necklace that goes around her neck. She can press the button if she's ever in distress. Sometimes she takes it off, but not often. She has had the device for five years now and we haven't had an occasion to use it yet. There's always someone with her, but we have it just in case she needs it at night. We do check it to make sure it works and on those occasions we get a response right away. There's no delay and the person on the other end of the line is always courteous and willing to help. The thing is not expensive either and I think it's good since it could save my mother's life.

Julie

December 7th, 2017 Rockport, IN' DETAILS

I needed one of these for my mother. She has the necklace, so it's not in the way or cumbersome. On an occasion she fell and broke her arm and couldn't get up. They contacted me and since I was home with her I was able to just go and help her. I'm very pleased with it. They always respond to us in a short amount of time and are very considerate when she accidentally pushes the button.

November 15th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

I have no complaints so far. The only interaction I've had so far was when I received my bills and when I needed to do my monthly checks. I haven't had to make use of it yet.

Pat

November 15th, 2017 Tallmadge, OH DETAILS

We researched on the internet a bit before getting it, but this service met our needs. I haven't had to use it, though there have been two times when I failed to put the thing back on the stand and they contacted me about it. I wear one of the units around my neck and the other one is close to the phone.

Silvia Koner

November 15th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

I haven't had to use it, thank heaven, but I'm satisfied with the contact I've had with them.

Margaret

November 15th, 2017 Ruffin, NC DETAILS

It certainly works for me. I had an accident where I needed to call them and they responded very well. I was in need of help and they came out here as fast as they could. They've done everything they were supposed to do.

Marge

November 15th, 2017 Catonsville, MD DETAILS

They always follow up immediately and have been very responsive when we test the things. My mother is the one that uses it. She had a fall after we got it for her and she couldn't get up and all she had to do was press the button. My only concern is that sometimes my mother won't push the button because she doesn't want the ambulance to go all the way there and bother them. I think she might be more willing if she was able to actually talk to them if something happens. The base is just too far away sometimes.

November 15th, 2017 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

We researched a lot about the reliability, how long it had been in business, the services that it offered, and the price, and they were very competitive in their pricing so we decided to go with them. My husband has multiple serious health issues, so it helps me to know that he has the pendant or the base available when I have too go out of the house. It lets run my errands without having to worry as much. We have never had to use it for an emergency, but we keep one of the pendants in the bathroom at all times and he wears the other. That way, if he takes a shower and doesn't feel steady, he can use it since it's water resistant. We really like the features that the pendants have. It gives me peace of mind even though we're not using it.

Norma

November 15th, 2017 Hacienda Heights, CA DETAILS

At the time we looked the service up on the internet it had the most features for the least amount of money. So far I haven't had to use it at all since I've been in and out of the hospital. There have been a couple of times when it went off on its own and I didn't even notice. The people at LifeFone have been nice about it and turn it off immediately for me. Now I don't really need it since I have caregivers, but it has been adequate and a good safety net.

Timothy

November 15th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

We got the service for my elderly sister. From the advertisement that I saw it sounded like it would be a good fit in case of emergencies for the elderly. Whenever I've tested it myself it seems to work the way it was advertised. I get an immediate response.

Mamie

November 15th, 2017 Albertville, AL DETAILS

I hear really good things about it by word of mouth and since I didn't necessarily want anything too expensive I went with them. On an occasion I went out to my mailbox with my walker and I fell. I had the button around my neck so I pushed it. Since I was outside I tried to get as close as possible to the kitchen door and could hear the person talking on the monitor. They couldn't hear me, but they called an ambulance and they were there within a few minutes. The system doesn't work outside of my house, but it does work in my basement and in all the bedrooms. If I accidentally take the button with me somewhere outside my house they will contact me to make sure that things are good. I feel good knowing that they monitor that kind of thing. The device is comfortable to wear around the neck and I don't think it looks ugly. It's very easy to fasten it and large enough that I can take it off without messing my hair or anything. It looks like ivory. I don't really mind wearing it at all and the price is reasonable. Since I'm on social security that's really great.

Wallace

November 15th, 2017 Columbus, GA DETAILS

A friend of mine ordered it for me and I'm happy with it. I live on my own and I know that I could have an accident any time, so I appreciate having it. There have been a couple of times when I thought I was going to have to use it, but I've never really had to. On an occasion I was out of the area and I accidentally bumped the button. The alarm was set off so the fire department went to my house and tried to find me. Nobody could find me so the broke into my house, though I did appreciate the fact that they tried to do everything they could because they couldn't find me. When I came back I noticed someone had broken in so I called them and they explained the situation to me. They were very helpful then and on other occasions when I called them. They would tell me what is happening and share information with me. I'm happy with it, I don't have any problem with them and I know if anything happens they will talk to me.

Marge Hansen

October 25th, 2017 Capitola, CA

I have rarely been treated so poorly by anyone, let alone a salesperson in a service industry. Stay away from LifeFone if you value and want compassion and understanding.

A. Frankel

June 12th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

My experience with Lifefone has been excellent, whenever I have concern or question about anything they are ready to answer and help me out. They are very professional and understanding and take their time to help me test my system every month. I would definitely recommend Lifefone.

brian davis

June 7th, 2017 New York, NY

was very impressed last month when my mother needed to be taken to a doctor after pressing her lifefone button. The customer service was friendly and expedient and feel peace of mind-- definitely recommend this service. BD

S Matthews

November 2nd, 2016 New York, NY

We got this service for my Mom 2 years ago and we have been very pleased with it. Lifefone has gotten her help quickly every time she needs it, she falls quite often. They also call us every time to let us know whats going on, which is great! The operators are really patient with her. We recommend lifefone to all our friends who worry about their parents being alone. So good job!

Betsy B

August 5th, 2016 Miami, FL

My mother has had LifeFone since my father died six years ago. The service gives us both tremendous peace of mind. She is very particular, and she finds the people there to be both helpful and professional. We had a false alarm about nine months ago when her phone was busy for hours. I didn't know what to do, as I was living in another state. I was ready to get on a plane, fearing the worst. I called LifeFone for advice, and the LifeFone agent was wonderful. She suggested that she send a police officer to do a welfare check. It turned out that my mother had left the phone off the hook. LifeFone gave me a simple and fast solution. They were reassuring and effective at a time when I was panicking, and I am very grateful.

Kathy V.

July 22nd, 2016 Bay Shore, NY

We got LifeFone for my mom who lives 1000 miles away in a rural area. She'd had a mild heart attack and was weak on her feet, and we were all worried she would fall and not get help for hours. I feel so much better knowing she can speak with someone immediately, who will get her help quickly. The customer service people were very kind and patient with us when we called with questions. My sisters and I are glad that we chose this company.

Victoria Riley

July 20th, 2016 Poughkeepsie, NY

We are very happy with the piece of mind having LifeFone gave me and my family. Knowing our mother is only the push of a button away from getting help if she needs it reassures us all. All the people I've dealt with, from the Central Station to billing qustions we had were, were very helpful and easy to deal with.

jane limberg

April 16th, 2016 West Bend, WI

Had LIFEFONE for 2 years - not knowing there was no landline. Paid for an unavailable service & was never advised accordingly.

Matthew H

February 3rd, 2016 Fort Myers, FL

I bought LifeFone for my grandmother last year. She has used it a few times now and the employees at LifeFone were very nice and seemed helpful when we talked to them. We are very happy because she wears it all the time and we even recommended it to our neighbor!

TJF

October 24th, 2015 Clarkston, MI

We've had this for a few days now and are happy with the system and the response team and intend to keep the system for the long term. After the initial sale, their customer service can be exasperating. It took several calls to get satisfactory responses to product issues, exchanges, etc. Often, promises were made to fulfill my requests but nothing happened and then additional calls were required. I finally learned out of exasperation to email [email protected] to receive prompt and effective service. I hope we're through the "growing pains" and will do well from now on.

patt hoffman

June 11th, 2015 Troy, IL

It worked great until they updated something then it didn't work. Spent hours trying to get it work. Wouldn't give me a refund for the time it didn't work...said it's my phone line though nothing changed but their update.