HughesNet is an internet service provider committed to making its customers' internet experiences the best for more than 40 years. This long history of service has made HughesNet the largest satellite internet network in the country.

HughesNet offers download speeds up to 25 Mbps from a satellite network. It focuses on residential internet services.

HughesNet has a great reputation for customer service and has a high rate of customer retention. This reputation helps HughesNet stand out among their competition within the industry.

In the satellite internet industry, HughesNet is often contrasted with its competitor, Viasat (formerly known as Exede Internet).

View Customer HughesNet Reviews

The Good

• Satellite Network
  • Plan Options and Pricing
  • Nationwide Availability
  • Bonus Data

Satellite Network

The technology delivering high-speed internet plans is constantly improving. Consumers can choose several options from their internet providers, such as dial-up service, DSL, cable internet, and fiber-optic broadband.

HughesNet has introduced a new type of network using satellite technology. The HughesNet satellite is more than 22,000 miles in space and will receive a signal from the customer's computer.

However, some customers complain that satellite internet has room for improvement, and they struggle to get a signal. Being at the forefront of internet evolution comes with the risk of service issues, so make sure that satellite internet is the best option for you.

Plan Options and Pricing

HughesNet has one consistent speed across all of its plans: 25 Mbps. The actual speed experienced may vary depending on other external factors. The rates vary based on how much monthly data is included and your area:

• 10 GB — $49.99
  • 20 GB — $59.99
  • 30 GB — $89.99
  • 50 GB — $139.99

However, these rates don't include equipment, which customers pay a monthly fee to lease.

Nationwide Availability

Most broadband ISPs are smaller companies that offer their networks to a focalized region. They generally operate in a few states or in metropolitan areas. Few companies offer widespread service.

HughesNet's satellite service spans the entire country. No matter where you live, you can always access the network. This is a benefit for customers who may move often because they can be confident that their internet will travel with them.

Bonus Data

HughesNet has restrictive data caps, but the good news is customers have access to a bonus 50 GB of data per month when accessed between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. If you plan on surfing late in the evening or early in the morning, this could be beneficial.

The Bad

• Limited Internet Packages
  • Long Contract
  • Slow Speeds
  • Data Allowance
  • Equipment Purchase or Lease

Limited Internet Packages

Most ISPs offer their customers a large selection of internet plans. These packages have a variety of data speeds and features.

This is not the case for HughesNet. They offer limited service plans depending on your area. Pricing also varies depending on your zip code and the data allowance you choose.

If you want to cancel your service contract with HughesNet after installation, expect a termination fee. You will have to return the equipment by mail.

Long Contract

HughesNet's internet service requires a two-year contract, as do some of its competitors in the satellite internet industry. If you want to test how it compares to other internet providers, you'll be locked into a contract for years unless you would like to pay a termination fee.

However, HughesNet guarantees its price for 12 months, which could be appealing for those who are wary of the notorious price hikes with many service plans.

If you're seeking a month-to-month contract, HughesNet isn't for you.

Slow Speeds

HughesNet's broadband speed is very slow in the industry. Some companies have higher speeds closer to 1 Gbps, but more commonly, the competitive speeds are lower: 75–300 Mbps. HughesNet only offers its customers 25 Mbps. This may be a deterrent if you need a higher download speed.

The upload speeds with HughesNet are not easy to find on their website. This is one of the most frequent customer complaints, and many say they switched from HughesNet to a high-speed internet plan.

The high latency of satellite internet has many users complaining that they struggle to get a signal to their devices. Others say that when they run a speed test they receive a slow speed much lower than their advertised plan. Your devices communicate with the satellite service with a brief half-second delay that makes real-time online gaming impossible.

If you are looking for faster speeds, you may need to look elsewhere.

Data Allowance

HughesNet's data caps could be another downside for potential customers. Other internet service providers also set caps for their customers in order to better control their network speeds, but these companies normally don't have limits that are set so low. Some companies provide their customers with unlimited data.

HughesNet's data caps are between 10–50 GB, which limits their customers significantly. However, once you use your data allowance, you can still stay connected at a slower speed free of additional charge. HughesNet only slows down data until the next billing cycle.

HughesNet also has data saver technology that moderates the amount of data used when streaming videos so that your data lasts for a longer period of time.

Equipment Purchase or Lease

If you choose one of HughesNet's internet plans, you can pay upfront to purchase the HughesNet gateway modem, which comes with built in Wi-Fi. Otherwise, you'll have to lease the modem for a monthly fee. The modem is required for HughesNet service. Customers living in rural areas might decide the modem is worth the upfront money.

When initially starting an internet service contract with HughesNet, customers will schedule a technician to install the equipment. Some deals include free installation. Others may charge an installation fee.

The Bottom Line

HughesNet uses broadband satellite to bring its customers a connection. Its satellite network creates a pathway between the customer's computer and the HughesNet servers through a satellite that is thousands of miles up in space.

The speeds currently available through this network are very slow at only 25 Mbps. While this is low compared to high-speed internet, it is much faster than dial-up and may be your best option in a rural area.

Consumers interested in high speed may want to consider other internet options if available in their area, like cable or fiber-optic internet.

HughesNet service options also have little variety. HughesNet would be a good option for customers who live in remote locations, want a reliable connection, and don't mind slower internet speeds.

Call our recommended rep over at HughesNet below.

1.6

RJ

August 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cancelled after 3 hours of THE WORST SERVICE EVER-STOP!!! DON'T DO IT!! YOU WILL REGRET HUGHESNET-I WISH SOMEONE TOLD ME...I'M TELLING YOU IT IS BAD BAD BAD -IT ONLY COST US $203.00- THEY TRIED FOR OVER $600.00!!! WE HAD TO RE-CONNECT OUR VIASAT JUST TO CALL THEM AND CANCEL-THEIR SERVICE CENTER COULDN'T HEAR OVER THEIR OWN EQUIPMENT!!!

Hotel CA

August 7th, 2020 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service was mediocre at best. Absolutely the WORST customer service, reps and cancelation process. You have to call in to cancel. LONG wait times to talk to a rep (in a foreign country) that can't cancel service and seems unable to reach anyone else to do it. When I told him it was bull crap, he hung up. THEN he kept calling me and hanging up over and over and over and over and over... I called hoping to get a different rep. Same guy. Refused to connect me to a supervisor. It took over 2 hours to cancel their crap service. Then I received the equipment return box/ instructions. They actually expect customers to remove the raio from the satellite dish on the roof! WTF! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL CALIFORNIA company. GETTING RID OF THEM IS A NIGHTMARE!

Terri Wright

August 4th, 2020 Canton, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Upon installation at an astronomical cost of around $600, I couldn't get up/download speeds that were over 5 mbps. I cancelled immediately and I'm still unsure of the amount of refund I can get back. I know for fact $205 they kept for "installation fees." And talking with customer service to cancel makes me feel downright sad for their employees. This is the second time in over 15 years I've tried HughesNet and would never ever recommend them. Get a hotspot non-contractual and move on without blinking.

Ray Fitzgerald

July 28th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not sign up for HughesNet. It is a straight up rip off. They promise you the world and gives you very little. They offer very little bandwidth for the money. The slightest cloud coverage will knock their service out all together. When you tire of the poor service they charge you an outrageous cancellation fee. Trust me it's not worth the headaches when there are better options out there now like broadbandqwireless. For most people lte offers a much better option.

Mary Basham

July 23rd, 2020 Elkridge, MD

When I called someone by the name Chad answered I explained I need internet for my 3 kids to do online learning due to the cornovirus and the day before I had called to price what it would be and they said I'd have to pay 409.90 for installation and equipment and I asked since no one else offers internet can they wave the fee he laughs says no if someone told you that yesterday I'm gone tell you the same thing and since this is your 2nd call its gone cost you more because we only offer discounts and promotions to 1st time callers so if you call back after this your going to dig yourself a deeper hole. This is the rudest person without any compassion I am very discouraged with this company don't recommend them to anyone. Now I have no way to provide my children with Internet

Mary Mc Hugh

July 14th, 2020 Wayne, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The internet was slow at certain times of the day. Then, I had to terminate my contract 8 months early because I had to move. My new landlord didn't allow satellite cable or internet so I couldn't transfer the service, and though I was never late with my payments Hughesnet refused to waive the termination fee and charged $220 to my credit card. In addition, I am told I need to hire someone to go on my roof and remove the radio transmitter from the satellite dish or they will charge an additional $300 for unreturned equipment. I'm 60 years old and unemployed...they couldn't care less.

Ra Howell

July 13th, 2020 Springtown, TX

Hughes Net has signs in our neighborhood for high speed internet. I called and explained that we had poor signal from our current provider. I was told that if the satellite did not work we could get a full refund after returning the equipment within 30 days. The installer also told me if I was not satisfied we would get a full refund one the equipment was returned. From the time it was installed it did not carry enough strength to support even Netflix. We returned the equipment in the box Hughes Net provided before the 30 days. But we did not get a refund. After calling Hughes Net and talking to several representatives (and being hung up on many times) we were told that they do not have a return policy like that and never have. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and was told that Hughes Net claims it is a legitimate charge. It was a terrible experience and I had to eat the cost.

Kathy Mitchell

June 14th, 2020 Reidsville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beginning in 3/2020, our router failed and we had another installed which is when the problems began. A refurbished router was installed but he technician didn't do his job and the router remained in the name of the previous owner. We contacted HughesNet so many times but nothing has been solved. We were told that we had to closed out our current account and open another for which we were charged $108.88????? We feel that this was not our fault and HughesNet should not have charged us for this. Also at the same time, we were charged a termination fee of $100.00 for our phone line (which we didn't need any longer and we were told that they would waive this fee........THEY DIDN'T. Our bank account was overcharged for this $100. today. Again, we called and was told a supervisor would call....NOT. We haven't heard from anyone! There are too many issues to put in words but be forewarned.....don't get involved with HughesNet or you will definitely pay the price!

Allison

June 2nd, 2020 Rochester, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I lived in a remote area that no other providers would reach. Upon obtaining the services I was told it would be a year contract, I then received the email receipt that stated a 24month term in the fine print at the bottom. At the time I wasn’t too concerned but after the home owner and myself got in a terrible break up I needed to switch or cancel the services. The first time I called I was told the account or billing could be charger to the address owner. We weren’t speaking at the time so they took my name and card off the file and sent a paper bill to him which he paid. I then two months later get a very hostile text from my ex’s mother saying I needed to cancel the services even though they’d been using and paying for it for two months. I called and was then told a completely different story and that I was to buy out my contract of $400 or switch the services to my new address that I live that. I asked again if it was possible to get the contract name switched and “Zoe” in customer services said it was with the authorization of the new party. I finally got my ex to agree and called back not even two hours later to which I spoke with Frank D. I explained the situation and asked to change the name to Nathan under the account and that because of his brain injury his mother will provide the details and authorization. He then tells me this isNR possible!!????? That my only option is to keep the account or now buy out the modem for $398. EXCUSE ME? Not to mention every time I’ve called the story has changed. I should not have to keep these services under my name and effect my credit when I was informed twice prior that I wouldn’t have too. No one at the company even tries to be helpful. They also seem to lake zero compassion. I understand contracts or contracts but so are leases and people sub lease all the time. If I have someone willing and able to take the account who actually lives at the address of the services then this shouldn’t be an issue. Instead this company seems to only want its money. Absolute worst customer service department I’ve EVER dealt with. It would be one thing if the services actually worked worth the $130 they make you pay a month too. Honestly I’m just very disappointed in the overall service and poor business etiquette from every person, even management at this company.

Andrew Henderson

May 24th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT GET THIS INTERNET. They say up to 25/mbps and in reality it's about 300/kbps on a good day save yourself some money and find another provider in your area

Liz

May 19th, 2020 Bell Buckle, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

terrible. no guarantee of any service. no concerns for satisfaction of customer. they just want to lock you into a contract and make you pay a huge fee when you cancel, which you will.

R Seiber

May 5th, 2020 Bell Buckle, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rip off. Exceptionally slow download/upload speeds. Unable to stream. Fixed # gigabites per month and then pay extra

Resident of Earth

May 5th, 2020 Cedar Hill, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HughesNet price gouging rural internet users who have on real alternatives! HughesNet Internet service is horrible. Intermittent, poor quality and grossly overly priced when compared to other providers. Approximately every 4 months or so they attempt to jack my monthly payments up $40.00 dollars or so and I have to call and complain to get prices back down to the original agreed amount. I imagine this is standard practice they attempt with everyone, and get away with on some people who just pay their credit card statements without checking over them. I even purchased the equipment in an effort to keep my monthly bill as reasonable as possible , but they continuously raise my monthly payments! Compared to other similar services Hughes Net is a complete rip off!

Sherry Ferguson

April 28th, 2020 Allons, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great they are the only one that I have no problems with

Brenda Griner

April 28th, 2020 La Grange, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great services and affordable..They work with Dish Network Customers.

Carl Marrs

April 28th, 2020 Rockdale, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very, very slow response for in-Home repair as well as constant Buffering of the movies.

Ron Pace

April 24th, 2020 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would make it -5 if I could. Have a cabin which I don’t get to very often and I can’t even listen to Alexa. It goes on and off. There is to much to tell but it took a month to cancel. Never responded to email canceling and after talking to rep and telling her we want to cancel she put us on hold for an hour and and and. She told us we had the fastest speed. So I said cancel and she put us on hold and had to start over. Don’t waste your money.

amber clemons

April 24th, 2020 McGehee, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would rate it a -5 if I could. Service is HORRIBLE! I waited for my contract to end and cancelled. I was asked to return my router and a piece attached to the satellite ON MY ROOF! My husband works out of state and I am extrememly busy with my job in nursing. Especially right now with Covid-19. I am unable to get the part from the roof but they were told they are more than welcome to come get it. They told me that was my responsibility and I should have hired someone to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent back the router because I was able to get to it. I do not want to keep a useless part I just had to PAY for! I would hate to know I was elderly and on a fixed income! I had to pay over $200 due to that part because they sent me to collections and they want me to hire someone to climb on my roof and get it!

Angela Kelly

April 22nd, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Save you money this company is horrible they well tell you what you want to hear and lock you in a 2yr contact for poor service I will be call At&t they referred me. Very Dissatisfied

Katrina Harden

April 21st, 2020 Des Plaines, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very displeased with the service overall!!! Before I even purchased the plan I informed the Sales Rep that I had Teenagers that love to play video games/gaming and one College student plus our phones and they promised me that they had a plan that could fix my needs. Even after purchasing that plan and upgrading two more times. The service is still poor nothing changed and now I am locked into a contract with an $400 fee to get out of, but between sleeping hours 2am-5am the service is free, WOW!!. Talk about a rip off.

Tim Ogden

April 20th, 2020 Webb City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our AT and T internet is poor. They called with a special deal on satellite internet and said it would use my Direct TV dish. When they sent the email confirmation, it was HughesNet and the deal was nearly twice the cost promised. Plus it uses a different dish. I called HughesNet to cancel immediately and after 15 minutes on the phone with them telling me I could not cancel. I had to get angry with them on the phone and they eventually relented and put my installation "on hold" for a week if I changed my mind. They still charged me $100 for the installation they did not do which I feel is fraudulent. AT&T is partially to blame for the bait and switch. If I had known it was HughesNet I would have never agreed because we have used them before and the service was poor.

Joel Iacopelli

April 18th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

worst service, do not get - can never get it to work correctly, you will run out of data quickly and they have no way to help figure out why or how you use so much data so fast. i have a 50BG service and we will use that in 4 days - and they are no help in telling me how or why. i don't think we use that much but no way to find out. They won't let you cancel with out a $400 charge. Stay away - do not get you will not be happy

Austin Adair

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service. Extremely slow speeds. Billing issues.

Wendy

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never get a hold of management when there is a problem.

Deward & Alyson Miller

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had them for 10 years and we paid on time every month when we needed them the most during the corvid19 virus to to see about going ahead with Gen5 we could not get through or speak to anyone. I was very frustrated.

Linda Hobson

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing good about this company. It's expensive and you are limited each month -- once you are over your data limit, it slows down as though you were using dial up. And Customer Service is also bad. We are limited in terms of the internet provider, as we live out in the country. I wish better service were available to us.

Bill Luce

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

High price, slow speed, slow speed, high price. Was told I could play video game, run WiFi in phone and tablet all the same time, couldn't even view you tube video that it buffered all the time

Corey E Wilkinson

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are helpful but service is horrible. We cannot stream videos so can never have Netflix. We cant be on 2 devices at once. That said it's the best service in our area. We live 1 mile from a major road. I'm very disappointed with this service. We are unable to get comcast. That's is 250 ft away on the end of our street and they said we cant get their service neither

Mrs. Jerica

April 17th, 2020 Palo Cedro, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hidden $400 disconnection fee. Hidden behind layers of emails in small print. Representatives did not tell me I was entering into a contract nor did they tell me of this hidden fee. We used their services for only two months and paid just under $1000. I explained these details to management with no regard for the lack of transparency that occurred in our situation. The service was very expensive and poor for our area. I was shocked when I called to cancel. Very unfortunate.

Jeff Jones

April 15th, 2020 Maineville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give a minus 5 star if I could. Worse internet ever. Read all the 1 star reviews and it sums it all up. They wanted to add data for more charges. After about 3 months of haggling with them, we finally decided to bite the bullet and pay the fee to get out! Not worth the hassle and expense increasing data. Luckily the internet company we went to paid us out.

Doug

April 11th, 2020 Yelm, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not very good internet, horrible upload, forget using zoom, works poorly. If I could I would rate them one quarter star.

Arnold

April 8th, 2020 Edinburg, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The most absolute worst internet service ever! 25 mgs??? What is this?! 2010?!?! Honestly I swear I’m just waiting for Starlink to be available to people so that they can run Hughes out of business!!! They are an absolute scam, honestly, I can’t even watch a :30 sec video on YouTube on the lowest video quality, without it still buffering for 3 minutes straight!!!!

Kathy L

April 5th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing about this service that is good. So slow wont load any of my school work, times out every time. Hughes net has upgraded and increased my charges and the service is the same, lousy. I am locked in to their contract and have to drive to public wifi spots to do my school work. Will not recommend them to anyone!!!

Rachel

April 5th, 2020 Linden, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hughesnet sucks. Sometimes, I cant even search things. I use it for homework and half the time I cannot get it to load my schools website. My data is use up within the first week of the cycle and it costs way more than any other internet. I also have hughesnet voice because I do not have access to any other land line phone. The phone sucks too. It has a delay when it does work, but most of the time the phone is so staticy I cannot hear anyone on it. I might as well not have a home phone or internet. Hopefully I never have to call 911 for myself or my 5 young children, they would not be able to hear me. I do not recommend it.

Carolyn Beebout

March 31st, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed internet desperately for my son for school. They made me agree to a two years contract took first month out and everything. When the guy arrived to install it he wasn’t able to. So I have no internet period Nothing at all and they are keeping my money for a reason I don’t know why because I don’t have their services and I would appreciate my money back. If I don’t have the service I should get my money back. It is that simple. I don’t like rating no one or even doing this but I work hard for my money and would just simply appreciate it back if your company can’t provide service and you doing a credit check messed with my score as well. I am not happy at all I just wanted internet for my son and all this has happened. Have a Blessed day

h๏shi

March 26th, 2020 Sebring, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had this service since 2017, and as I am writing this I've been on hold for about an hour waiting to cancel. I've never been more excited to cancel a subscription in my life! If you've read the others reviews, I'm sure you're already aware that this whole company is just a scam that traps you into a 2 year long contract and that early cancellation costs $400 dollars. I have the lowest plan and they sign you up for automatic payments so you're unaware if they're charging you more than you signed up for--- which is hilarious because their service NEVER WORKS. I've had this piece of trash for two years and whenever I'm home I simply use my hotspot or something.. I even bought a WiFi booster to see if it'd help but nope! Simple advice: DON'T GET THIS SERVICE. Simple, right?

Lisa Ulness

March 25th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

I just signed up for there wifi service yesterday but after more thought and due to all the hidden costs I called today to cancel. They were 59 People ahead of me in line to do the chat to cancel my order which will probably take me three days to get to talk to anyone. I called the phone number and I was on hold for 33 minutes and then transferred and I could no longer hold because I had a business meeting to attend. I sent an Email to cancel my service and I’m not sure if they will ever get back to me. The sales rep continually tried to upsell me and the prices that they advertise on their website or not the true price they’re much more. It seems like a very shady company.

Ben

March 25th, 2020 Placerville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HughesNet "provides," hands down, the worst "internet service" I've experienced since dial-up. Honestly, the reliability of service was better with dial-up. I only rate this service slightly above because the speeds are often better. Note that I said often. Speeds are also often comparable with those of a dial-up connection. (Remember waiting for an image to load, top to bottom, pixel line by pixel line? Yeah, that happens.) And the service often cuts in and out - like really often - like throughout the day, every day - and often drops off for longer period, sometimes hours at a time. If there is a storm in Arizona, we don't have internet access in northern California. Yeah, I'm not joking. Streaming: When streaming (short) videos, very, very rarely will they play continuously without interruption; movies, never. Periodic pausing to reload is the norm. HD does not exist. Sub-SD is the norm. Sometimes a movie/video will never re-buffer and I'll be forced to give up. I will say that their customer service has been ok. They can't fix the problems, but it's not their fault. All this, and at what price? It's expensive for a quality service. And this is far from a quality service. In summary, I would like to convey the severity of the frustration and misery that this service causes me on a daily basis. Alas, we have no cell signal where we live and this is the only ISP option. Some days, I'm really not sure it's worth it. I beg you, please, do not sign up for HughesNet "internet service."

amanda himelright

March 23rd, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never get this internet. I’ve had nothing but trouble and it’s only been 4 days. I’ve called several times only to be transferred around and threatened with an early cancellation fee even tho I haven’t had service since the day after install! I’m running at 77% LOWER than anyone else who has HughesNet in the world. This is awful company and I would recommend anyone who was thinking about it or who has it to get out now!! I would rate a zero star but I can’t

Jared Starnes

March 21st, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is really not much past thier introductory period that I liked about the service. At that time it worked great. Currently, in the Corona virus issue there service has dwindled. My wife is a college professor and if forced to go all online. We had to have Fidelity internet installed for her to provide the level of support her students deserve. Hughsnet was unwilling to wave our contract cancellation fee and would not refund the last bill amount. They, would only offer to suspend the services for 3 months. I was not allowed to talk to a supervisor. I would never recommend Huesnet service to anyone in the future.

Chris

March 19th, 2020 Bloomfield Hills, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible never works they charge for a service you cant use then charge you to cancel complete scumbags

eric eiser

March 14th, 2020 Jay, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

horrible streaming and internet service, Constant buffering and throttling of internet signal..AVOID at all cost

Christine Untiedt

March 11th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have the $99.99 30GB plan. We are throttled so tightly that the service is only usable for us for about 3 days per month. I clearly explained our usage needs when I signed up, the salesman assured me this would be more than enough for our needs. I was LIED to! And I can't get out of this without a big fine. I am sick every month when they charge me.

Wfro

March 10th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst internet provider. Slowest internet I've ever had and the customer support never helps and only makes excuses. They won't pay the early termination fee and just make excuses. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

Bernie Krystkowiak

March 9th, 2020 Missoula, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst utility I've ever had. Poor speeds. No streaming. Data limits AND they kept my last full months service fee even though I had cancelled service. Stay away if you've any other choice.

Tammy Johnson

March 8th, 2020 Athens, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not get this service it is worse than the old dial up service. Spent 90 minutes on phone still a pile of crap cant watch a movie for retreaving every 2 minutes Cant get phone to load from internet unless I turn off wifi and go to mobile data. They said check speed should be 25 mine was 10.9. Then they wanted to know make and model of my tv. What difference does that make? They are supposed to sent a tech out and we will see , but in my opinion it is a pile of crap. Do not get , run

T

March 3rd, 2020 Middletown, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don’t waste your time. Internet was slow or non-existent. An example.. Couldn’t get through a episode on Netflix without 10+ stops to reload. $800 early cancellation fee. If you’re a business, you don’t receive the $200 equipment refund. HughesNet is terrible.

Tval

February 29th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We just cancelled our service after 18 months. Our speeds even according to the HughesNet folks were 1-3Mbps, and in the final months the service would drop out altogether so that I had to physically unplug the internet cable to reset our connection - multiple times per day! We finally found a local company that offered (and delivered) better service and speeds, and had them come out and set us up. When we called to cancel our HughesNet (non)-service we found that they had automatically signed us up for a second year-long contract and we had to pay $250 just to cancel! A fine for cancelling within the first year might be understandable but this is just spiteful. I guess they had to wring as much money out of us as they could. At least we have much better internet service now. Good riddance!

V

February 28th, 2020 Desert Hot Springs, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's a scam, they will take your money, I hate Hughesnet and regret it, no one ever came to installed our internet correctly and expected me to do it on my own and seriously took my money and had to cancel my credit card due to the fact that although I tried canceling for not installing the internet they said no and had to pay extra fee for them to install it. Happened in year 2016, wont stop complaining as I still hope to get my refund, plus, an apology :/

Nicholas Genes

February 18th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would like to say it was terrible but living in the middle of nowhere with no other options, this got the job done. No other company had options for internet. Slow but still useable