Cox Internet Logo

Cox Internet

6.2

Antonia Montague , IL

I use Cox Cable for internet service and they're very reliable. I find them a little expensive for cable and the price goes up after a year so I didn't choose to keep that service. Overall they're easy to work with. The customer service department is difficult to access sometimes. The quality of the internet service is good--no lag with multiple devices, no getting shut down for long periods in a storm or with block outages, etc.

Jacobrobot321 Baton Rouge, LA

Wish it was more available in rural areas. Have it at work and its great. Limited to dsl at home. overall the internet is good, but we’ve had a team come out multiple times to fix our dsl and they even tripped up a wire!! It got compensated with a new router though!

Derrian Tallahassee, FL

My family and I have stuck with Cox Cable and Internet for years! We switched companies when we moved and it wasnt local anymore, and no company matches Cox's deals and high internet speed. Once I moved out of my parents house I immediately got Cox internet as well and i will continue to keep them as long as possible. Highly reccommend!!

Michael Seth Manwaring Chandler, AZ

I have Premier Internet Service from Cox (I live in 85225). The connection has always been very reliable and fast. There were a couple occasions right after it was installed when we needed a tech to come out and amplify the signal for us. Those techs were courteous and expert.

Donna Williams Phoenix, AZ

I love Cox! They have the greatest bandwidth and best customer service ever! I rarely if ever experience going offline and being left without a connection. Their product and service is superior to Centurylink and other companies. Would never trust my internet to anyone else!

Eric San Diego, CA

Its not bad but I had no other choice as they are the only provider in my area which seems a bit silly. With that being said I don't really have any complaints. The customer service rep that helped me get set up was great, personable and patient.

Jamie Gilbert, AZ

I have been a cox customer for over 10 years. I have been very pleased with the speed of the internet and the few times I’ve had problems the customer service has been excellent! They have rewarded my loyalty with a discount, only down side to that is I have to pay attention to my bill and when the loyalty discount disappears I have to call and ask for it again.

Russell Scott

These guys can't seem to keep their connections to it we were constantly going out so know we have to re-set our cable everyday

Lucy G Johnston, RI

My internet needs to be always rebooted and prices just get higher for loyal customers so do they appreciate your business because the longer you stay the higher the bill gets

Carolyn Hazleton, PA

Good company for internet and cable services. Customer service answered all my questions and concerns along with resolving my issues.

Richard Henderson, NV

For a short while Cox was fine and worked well and that’s the only reason I am being fair by giving them 2 stars ⭐️. Then after 2 years they said they going to Jack our bill up. So we called to lower our service. The bill was consistent for another 4 months then started making up crap we are using more data and started sending us random higher bills. They wanted to argue with me so I told them cut it off I don’t need your nonsense.

Chase Benfield San Diego, CA

Since I’ve had Cox I have had outages last weeks in my condo because techs who hookup neighbors Internet unplugged my physical line (twice). Constant crashes outages, and all of the sudden the data usage they report you are using is 100% wrong. Their website and app always have errors and won’t let me view anything about my data usage. Customer support will waste hours of your time if you ask and never answer the question. A tech asked if I stream in 4K and said that could be why I allegedly used 1tb in 2 days 🤦🏻‍♂️ Math isn’t their strong suite either. I plan on running several tests to verify they are overcharging with their data caps by reporting inaccurate usage data and compiling the results. I urge anyone else stuck with this price gouging incompetent and fraudulent ISP to do the same. I’m done with it. This company only seems to do right when they face class actions. Another one coming.

Tim Bishop , GA

This company claims there straight up internet has no hidden fees, what they don’t disclose to you is that unlike the ads say you can’t just use it the months you want to, or just prepay when you need it, because they charge a reconnect fee, and you can either pay the additional 50 bucks for this reconnect fee or cancel your service entirely, even after you pay the 50 bucks for the month, so what happened with mine was I wasn’t going to be home as I was out of town on business when I came back my internet was off, was like alright cool let me go pay for the month and my internet will be back on, and I was completely wrong, I figured maybe 24 hours and it will be back on, wrong again, so I contact customer service through the app just to get the run around which I still have all the correspondence from them in case anyone wants to see, literally talked to 22 different agents that all contradicted the next one and all contradicted the ads they promote for this service, and then to top it off even when I agreed finally after arguing a point which by the end all of them agreed that that is a hidden and undisclosed fee they attempted to charge, that instead of just taking my money and turning my internet back on they just canceled my account entirely, mind you I had just paid for the month, so then I talked to 11 more agents and two supervisors to get a refund for the month I had just paid for, my advice is stay away from this company, they don’t care about there customers at all and clearly don’t care to do proper business with anyone, any other company I have dealt with, might argue back with you but when you are in the right and they finally see that usually you get compensated not canceled, don’t go with cox if you can absolutely avoid it, unless you have 8 to 10 hours to waiste on the phone or over char with them online about your bill and how they are trying to screw you this month, bunch of crooks and liars

Shelreci Thomas Gilbert, AZ

If I could give Cox a -1 star I would ... this company is absolutely the worst internet provider in America. We are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not even willing to work with you on your bill ... Even if they do they are still charging you additional hidden fees increasing your bill every month. Then if you setup a payment arrangement and there system cant get the payment and they only make one attempt they will put a 90 day block on your account and stick you up for the entire bill .. I mean could a company be any worse.. and the only service I have with this company is internet .. nothing else .. worst company ever !

Fresh Start Gainesville, FL

At first it was great the service, the customer service, and the setup. Then once i didn't need it anymore they decided to tell me im on a contract and i can't get off of it unless i pay an extra certain amount plus the bill.

Ed

Service levels are down while the price goes up. They will adjust pricing based on any new promotions but they don't do anything unless you call. The highest internet speed that I have still is slow at times with buffering more that I would expect. Complaining about it is not helping.

Greg

The company continued tyo escalate the prices without authorization of the customer and they were not supportive. They refused to use the proper reception box for the quality of Television I had purchased. The tech at the place of purchase disclosed I would have problems with the normal box and I asked Cox Cable for the proper box. Their answer was I get the one that is given to everyone after they admitted the had the correct one in stock. Once on line my television continued to stop working periodically then would come bac for a few hours and the event happened over and over again. I changed to simple antenna and my television works well. Figured I have saved well over $12,000.00 since I cancelled Cox Cable.

Jeffrey Gibbons Newton, KS

Background: Personally, when I lived in Missouri, I had several different internet providers in Missouri during college because of moving around. I have never had such an issue with internet monopolies but cox internet is a true monopoly of this area that provide internet to Newton, KS. If you talk to other providers there are often fees to put poles up in your area, the satellite is not capable of reaching you, or there is no clear line of sight available. I am now living in a state you can see for 10 miles in every direction and I can't get a decent reasonably priced internet source. Internet in Kansas is a complete disaster. Current and future issues: Furthermore, after much review of internet in the Newton, KS area I decided to go with cox because they seemed to offer the best prices and were actually the only internet provider that my current location, which is right in the heart of Newton, and should have no problem getting internet with a town of 20k people. Wrong, you not only have to deal with a monopolistic company like cox you have to sift through the piles of fee's and hidden 1yr/2yr. agreements then look to the fine print to see what the actual cost of your basic internet may be after thus said time frame. Customer services with Cox: Customer service, oh my goodness, my wife called cox customer service to cancel our outrageous bill of $200 and start a different package with just internet so we could save money, the person on the other end of the line taunted my wife and said things like, "you know what you are doing?, how will you protect yourself if you don't have cox homelife anymore?" My wife asked if we could do the 30mbps speed instead of the package that we were on at that time. The lady from cox said, "no you can't do that." Then, my wife reminded the lady from cox that we can pay a cancellation fee and get out of the contract. The lady on the other end said, "well, ugh, yes you can do that, but that would not make sense." During the conversation, my wife felt as though she were treated very poorly and with a great deal of apathy. I called cox internet 2/8/20 to see why I was charged twice for a bill after we went with the 30mbps speed and they kept me on the phone to wait for a representative for over an hour. Really wish I had another option to purchase internet for the same price or lower where I live. Solution = move to a different location to get an internet service that works --- well that seams really drastic?? Think about this, in mid-Missouri where I went to college the prices for internet were less costly as well as having higher internet speeds and more options of where to get your service from. Customer service = none Cox internet = scam and a waste of your time and hard earned money but because that is your only option you are doomed and stuck in a crappy situation. If you have other options and can afford to pay more for internet, and can get different internet, please, please DO NOT use cox services.

Timothy McCauley North Las Vegas, NV

There is so much I can say but let's start with the bait and switch with plans when trying to go unlimited but changed it on us. We did get giga blast upgrade but since then, it seems we are having even more issues apart from our router cutting in and out throughout the day. Even after all that my biggest issue is the throttling of data, I was out of town for a week and a half but somehow I used the same amount of data I did last month and since I upgraded from 1 terabyte to 1.5 T due to going over by a little but some how I am using even more data then I was using before. It is disgusting business practice to squeeze money out of people for overages by throttling. Cox has a monopoly in Las Vegas and shows why its dangerous. Cox does not care out its customers because the we dont have any other choice.

Maureen Phoenix, AZ

I have been a COX loyal customer since 2008…that is 12 years. Today I spoke with someone in the customer retention department ( after my husband made the same call last week) I thought surely my husband got the information wrong so I decide to call myself. My bill is steadily increasing and then a CenturyLink rep contacted us and they would be able to give us better service for 60.00 less per month…that’s a lot of money at the end of a year. When I discussed this with Sean at COX all he did was tell me all the reasons why CenturyLink was not as good and that I would have to pay for install and the new equipment etc etc etc but he would take 5 bucks off my bottom line. Well guess what CenturyLink is not charging us install or for the equipment and I will have a better service package for LESS!! I tend to be a loyal customer and I REALLY tried to give COX a chance to keep my business but I guess they do not care about customer satisfaction. My husband called CenturyLink and they are getting us taken care of in 2-- TWO days...amazing. Bye Bye COX not nice knowing you!!!!

Byron Mesa, AZ

In my area COX is an overpriced monopoly. As of this writing I have the "Cox Internet Preferred 150" which costs $87.99 a month with a 1TB cap. The introductory cost of this plan is $59.99 for one year, which is very misleading because most sources quote this price as the cost, but of course COX will jack up the price after the first year. COX intentionally gouges their customers because they can! 2 stars because it at least works most of the time.

Joseph Vienna, VA

I've been USED :) Cox for 15 yrs prior to move to new location. They told me that I am a loyal customer. On my 8th month at this new location, internet suddenly stopped working. I had been patiently waiting for almost a month and half.... and am begging for the technician service. I was able to schedule 4 different technician appointments, but, they "Auto-cancel the technician visits" all 4 times... because "Outage in the area", Of course, without notify me... every time I call they told me to wait 4-6 hours due to outage in the area, they don't even know. But Outage in the area for a month and half with NO snowstorm or hurricane ??? Yeah right! I finally decided to cancel the service I had paid $60 for cancellation and total $79 with other fees. Call center person told me, they are cancelling the service I PAID but DID NOT get for a month and half. hahahaha Whatever... I am HAPPY because I don't have to deal with this company anymore! SHAME ON YOU COX!

Michelle L. Cox Glendale, AZ

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THE STRAIGHT UP INTERNET FROM COX...... When you have issues with the service or the equipment you are gonna be told there is nothing they can do. Basically if you are on the Pre-Paid plan you are on the bottom on the of the list and you will not get treated the same as a HIGH Paying customer would. Believe me when I say the exact words of more then one Cox representative told me that because I am on the Straight Up Plan, I do not get any upgrades and the modem (which is no longer manufactured nor does it have support from the manufacture any longer) that is really a piece of **** I got no help at all from ANY COX EMPLOYEE. I think that is called prejudice. Because I can not afford a $200.00 a month bill I dont get the (royal treatment) I get brushed off. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH COX

Karen Kruse Mary Esther, FL

I spent hours on the phone with Cox and absolutely wasted my time! All they did was blame the problem on someone else! They kept saying over & over that I had 3rd party equipment, that I didn't. My modem was specifically designed for Cox, had Cox name on the box, but because it failed to work properly & because 4 different people were too stupid to assist me, they did nothing but blame the problem on someone else. I actually called the person they blamed it on, who then returned the blame to Cox saying the modem I had was specifically designed by Cox for Cox. Cox just didn't care, refused to help, didn't want to be bothered! I have had problems with Cox in 4 different cities and have always had problems with them. I have no choice but to use them them now because the apartment complex I live in is under contract with Cox, but I hate them, they suck, always have sucked & always will suck! Hence the bad review which is the least I can do!

Michael

For the most part very good. Some of their installers have zero experience, so you have to question their experience before allowing them to work in your home.

JAC Baton Rouge, LA

I did the pre-pay for the "Straight Up Internet" COX service, but the service was never installed and the money was kept. Installers came out on three different occasions, and each one commented a lift truck would be needed. Apparently there was no communication among the installers since it was Groundhog Day each time. When I checked the status for a fourth visit I learned that COX had applied the money to a disputed bill from over 5 years ago I thought was resolved. It was really misleading for them to let me go online, pre-pay, confirm payment and message me that service would be installed. I would not trust them with a pre-payment.

Edward

I have had Cox High Speed Internet, Cable TV, and Phone for eight years. Their signal quality and minimal downtime are exceptional. Their customer service is almost stellar, however, they are shockingly overpriced and inflexible with their "bundling" nonsense.

nancy hebert Prairieville, LA

We have had Cox internet/phone/cable for 12 years. For the first 8 years service was stellar. Rarely had problems, and when you did the first tech that answered the phone could almost always take care of whatever issue might arise in just a few minutes. Then the internet slowed way down, cable was frequently pixellated, phone would go out, phone techs were no longer knowledgeable, and prices started creeping up. For the last two years my internet signal has been so poor there is virtually no wi-fi unless you are sitting on top of the router. They have sent multiple inside techs out that confirm signal is not reaching the house from the pole due to 12 years of deterioration of the wiring making the 300 foot span from the pole to the house. Yet even though the IT guys put in work orders for the lines to be replaced, it never happens. I am paying close to $400.00 a month now for Cox services.

Michael AZ Queen Creek, AZ

they can't keep their billing straight. Was put on paperless without requesting but never received any type of notice of payment due until email stating payment due today. Spoke to them and supposedly corrected the problem. Now on third month still without any billing notice.

Susan Snyder

Their service is good, including customer service. The internet is fast and does not have periods of breaking down. The only problem is the price and the company forcing bundled services on you. Then they tell you there is no contract but will not let you reduce your services until a 2 yr period is up.

Jeff Bloom Phoenix, AZ

I went with Cox for internet service with great trepidation and nausea medication. Since they are members of ALEC, which I find to be a dangerous and anti-democratic organization, I really didn't want to do business with them in the first place. But, the same was true of all the other providers. So, it was a matter of pick your poison. I can't wait for Google to set up their service, which is on the way at some point (if I'm still alive). Most importantly beyond this concern is the unreliability of their service. When the internet is working it is fast (50 Mb/s down and 10 mb/s up), which is consistent with the plan I selected. However, it frequently stops or drops to a snail's pace (1 Mb/s down). Since I work from home, this lack of consistency is a real problem, especially when I'm doing online meetings, sending important information, working on websites, or searching for information related to my field. When I call for help, they usually do something that helps for the moment, but it goes back to the same pattern within a day. I get real tired of having to call all the time, so I live with it, until I can't stand it any more and then I'll call again. In general, I find their attitude about technical service to be pretty flat. They really don't seem to care. I also find that billing issues are problematic. I recently received an automated phone call saying that I need to check my account... whatever that means??? It turned out that their online payment system didn't process my payment and my account was overdue. When I called, the representative kept trying to blame my bank for not processing the charge. Sounds like a psychopath blaming everyone else for problems, but not taking responsibility. I couldn't get it across to the person that the issue was with their system. And, she was clueless about how to handle the late charge (which I shouldn't have to pay). I acted in good faith, but the Cox payment system didn't do what it was supposed to do. When I asked to speak to the supervisor, I got the standard response that she/he was not available. There's just one supervisor in a corporation this size? I just find that corporations like Cox are completely disconnected from their customers and the whole idea of "service." They are supposed to provide a service, but they really don't seem to know how to pull off that notion. But, it is typical that most businesses today have no idea how to "really" run a business. Everything seems to be done to make the running of the business convenient for the people in the business, while ignoring the concerns and convenience of the customers.

GLENN Gainesville, FL

Cox is simply the worst internet provider out there. Beware!!!! You can't believe anything they tell you and God help you if you were scammed into one of thier Bundle Deals. You will spend hours on the phone every month when you receive a monthly bill. The only thing Cox is professional at is lying. Trust me just ask around for other victims. Their internet drops and spikes so much we had to drop the phone service from my cell phone. Infact, the kids can't even game in peace. It' bad when their friends dont even wont to come over because we have Cox internet. I know what your thinking, switch intenet providers? We can't Cox is the only DSL provider other than dial up. BEWARE Cox

Jeff D Mesa, AZ

Recent outage for both cable and WIFI ... took too long to resolve problem.

terry r Las Vegas, NV

Cox is a pretty good cable company but they do have power outages in the Las Vegas area more frequently than most and they are very expensive. I had Cox internet services for nearly two years and my monthly fee was nearly $200.00 and I could not get them to lower my rates. I switched to DTV for a lower rate.

jkenny90 , TX

Cox offers the most reliable internet service in my area. I never have problems with my internet connection and the speeds are just what I need. However it is more expensive than other internet providers I have used in the past with similar reliability and service.

Ed Clark Mesa, AZ

I have use their Internet service for over 20 years. I have found the service to be very reliable. I have experience very few service outages issue. When I have needed assistance they have been very helpful

KayCee Belka Derby, KS

We have had Cox internet for about four years now. In the beginning, our cost and experience was pretty good. As time has gone on, however, our prices have been raised a couple of times. We have called on a few of occasions to receive assistance, and have been mostly met with a runaround and not a lot of helpful information or service. Overall, our experience has been okay. My rating would be higher if they had better customer service.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Cox Internet before, when I lived in Las Vegas. It was fast and easy to use and very reliable. I loved that I could bundle it and that they could fix the price for a long period of time.

Jenny whipple Mesa, AZ

Cox is our current internet service provider. In our area Cox is the best option for high speed internet service. With Cox our internet connectivity is reliable. Calls to the service line are helpful and lead to positive resolutions of any problems.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

Cox has been super great for me and my family! their internet is always fast speed and doesn't lag, and if i happen to have any questions or concerns their customer support team has been nothing but great when i need them!

Amber Gilbert, AZ

So far super fast internet. I have multiple computers and game stations working at once and the internet is running smooth for the most part. Customer services is quick and easy to use from the chat app

Jeffrey Salas Gilbert, AZ

I signed up for Cox internet when I moved into my new apartment, I've have them for about 1 year and half and haven't had 1 service issue. Great speeds of internet for the price I'm paying.

Alex miller Gilbert, AZ

Cox Internet is extremely fast with 100 megabits per second streamed to my house. Its great for playing video games to streaming videos to my television. Overall great product.

Amber C Frey San Diego, CA

I've had Cox for years and have never really had any complaints. Really good quality service, and whenever there's an issue with the cable box or anything they are out pretty quick to replace it or fix the issue.

jenny Gilbert, AZ

We have had Cox internet in our home for 13 years. We have had the occasional time where the service has been interrupted, but overall we are very happy with the service. We are able to use several devices as well as stream movies at the same time without problem.

Hannah Cummins Gilbert, AZ

Cox is easy to use and their "panoramic" wifi works amazingly. The installation was quick and the workers were professional. I haven't​ had any problems at all for the past year using their internet.

Rob Whipple Mesa, AZ

This provider is faster that other options in the area. There are still lags and some difficulties, but that will occur with any provider. A little more expensive than others. Fairly fast at resolving issues if we need to contact them via phone.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

We have had Cox for a few years. On two occasions, our modem went out. I called customer service and they sent a tech out the next day to replace our modem. The tech was friendly and fixed the problem quickly.

Brittany Hicks Pensacola, FL

Good service for the most part. The people they hire are their best asset.

Tammy jo Wright Phoenix, AZ

When you have problems its hard to get help right away. Their customer service is ok. The technicians that come to house are great.