Written by: Guest | Best Company Editorial Team
Last Updated: February 24th, 2020
Guest Post by Frank Hamilton
You may have the very best product or service in the world, but if people don’t know about it, then your product or service is as good as non-existent. So you set up a website hoping you can reach a wider audience, and to achieve that, you need to generate massive traffic on your website. All of this can feel like a pretty daunting task because the strategies and marketing tools required for advertising your website can be pricey, especially if you are working on a tight budget.
Nevertheless, there are some great ways you can get your customers flocking to your website. In this article, we will look at the three most effective ways to advertise your site without having previous marketing experience and without breaking the bank.
1. Social media
The use of social media has grown at an alarming rate, with about 45 percent of the world’s population on social media. More people are joining various social media platforms by the day and spending hours on it engaging with content.
Creating a social media account means that you can have better interaction with your customers and easily promote your website. Different social media platforms also provide businesses with an excellent channel to advertise their products to the right audience, e.g., Facebook Advertising and Instagram sponsored links.
Here are a few tips to note if you want to use social media for promoting your website effectively:
- Identify what social media platform is right for your business and where your target audience is.
- Share compelling visuals that will make your audience want to explore more about your page.
- Make use of the Buy Button, which is an essential feature on social media to generate sales. This button can create an automatic link to your website.
- Use social media influencers to get more people visiting your website, using promos, endorsements, etc.
- Put together a social media content calendar that will allow you to create your social posts in advance.
- Also, use scheduling tools to automatically post the right content, at the right time and to the right social media channels.
2. Search engine optimization
Search engine optimization is one of the most cost-effective ways you can reach out to new customers. Proper utilization of SEO means that your website appears on the first page of your customers’ search engine’s results and amounts to more traffic on your site. To get your website more visible on every search engine’s result, you can apply the following strategies;
- Create quality and relevant content because this helps increase traffic on your website. Your content should easily cater to your foreign consumers in a language they understand. If consumers notice that your website always has new and exciting things, they will keep returning to your page to patronize you.
- Make use of keywords or phrases people will likely going to use when looking for your type of product or service. It is up to you to decide where to fix them in your content — web pages, URLs, image description, emails, etc.
- Use longtail words (4 words and above) so you have less competition when a search for similar products is drawn. If you need a guide on the best keywords for your product, Google AdWords is a great place to start your keywords research.
- Improve your page loading speed, because if your page takes too long to load, then your rankings will be penalized by the search. It is vital to optimizing both your page speed and server response time.
Though SEO can be a time-consuming process initially, it gets gratifying once done right.
3. Email marketing
Email marketing is a great tool to engage your new and potential consumers multiple times. Using email marketing, you can give your customers compelling reasons to subscribe to your website. Make sure you also keep sending content that will pique their interest and keep them subscribed.
You can share discount links, contests, and insider information so they are encouraged to return to your website regularly. Keep them regularly updated on new products, newsletters, blog posts, videos, etc.
When building your email list, consider the following tips:
- Do not request too much information from the mail recipient in the initial signup form.
- Provide an incentive for signing up, such as a discount or free resource.
- Have a clear picture of what your email sending frequency will look like, so people know what to expect when emails are submitted.
While these tips might not generate overnight traffic on your website, remain patient. Observe what works for you and what doesn’t, make the necessary adjustments, and put together a strategy that enables your website to reach more people.
Frank Hamilton is a blogger and translator from Manchester. He is a professional writing expert in such topics as blogging, digital marketing and self-education. He also loves traveling and speaks Spanish, French, German, and English.