Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

IdentityIQ

verified
$100 Guarantee
Identity protection services starting at $6.99 per month

IdentityIQ strives to better protect and empower the consumer through concise delivery of credit and identity data. The company has provided consumers with identity- and credit-related protection solutions at affordable monthly rates, as well as identity theft education programs to corporate and academic associations since its founding in 2009.

The privately-held, Nevada-based company's goal is to help customers understand what can impact their credit and personal identity as well as give customers access to a variety of data sources and help them sense identity fraud as well as understand how that data can affect them. Their comprehensive product bundles include family protection, dark web monitoring, identity theft protection & restoration, credit reports & scores, and credit monitoring.

The Good

• Identity Protection
  • Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services
  • $1 Million Dollar Protection

Identity Protection

IdentityIQ monitors for any use of a customer's SSN within its network and alerts them of what is seen. Other monitoring services will only alert customers if their SSN is used with a wrong address or name. In addition, IdentityIQ performs enhanced change of address notification. The company not only monitors for a change of address request with the credit reporting agencies but also monitors the National Change of Address registry to make sure customers are informed of changes made to their information.

Identity monitoring includes:

• National and International Criminal Record Monitoring
  • SSN Trace
  • Enhanced Change of Address Monitoring
  • U.S.-Based Fraud Restoration Team

Affordable Monthly Plans

IdentityIQ offers people four affordable monthly protection plans which range from $6.99 to $29.99 per month. The Secure Plan costs $6.99 and includes daily credit report monitoring for one credit bureau, dark web and internet monitoring, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, social security number alerts, synthetic identity theft protection, file sharing network searches, lost wallet assistance, U.S.- based identity restoration services, checking account report, and Opt-out IQ.

The Secure Plus Plan costs $9.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plan along with IQ alerts with application monitoring and change of address. The Secure Pro Plan costs $19.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plus Plan along with enhanced three bureau credit reports monitoring, enhanced credit report monitoring, alerts on crimes committed in your name, and credit score change alerts. Lastly, the Secure Max Plan costs $29.99 and includes everything from the Secure Pro Plan along with credit score tracker, credit scores simulator, family protection, and fraud restoration with LPOA.

Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services

IdentityIQ works with all three credit bureaus to help customers monitor their credit activity. Customers also receive daily alerts and monthly credit scores. Select plans feature a credit score simulator, which provides consumers with information about how certain activities affect credit ratings.  See changes as they happen with daily credit monitoring alerts:

• Change of address
  • Change of personal information
  • Reporting of a delinquent account
  • Credit inquiries
  • New public records
  • Judgments
  • New credit accounts and loans

$1 Million Dollar Protection

IdentityIQ will offer up to $1 million in identity theft insurance for the primary member. If customers have out-of-pocket costs due to ID theft, they're covered with up to $1 million in ID theft insurance for Lost Wages, Legal help, and Stolen Funds reimbursement. If a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, IdentityIQ will make sure they receive personal identity restoration and insurance services. Customers that enroll in IdentityIQ's Secure Max Plan are provided with up to $1 million in ID Theft insurance and up to $25,000 for their children.

The Bad

Time in Business

The company is noticeably younger than many other companies within the industry as it was founded in 2009. Due to its relatively short time in business, IdentityIQ may lack identity management experience and reputation in comparison to its older competitors.

The Bottom Line

IdentityIQ strives to provide a comprehensive identity management suite. The company also offers people a number of attractive features to protect their identities from identity fraud, including affordable monthly plans, enhanced monitoring services like social security number monitoring and credit reports monitoring from the major credit bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance. IdentityIQ offers also comprehensive, U.S.-based identity restoration services to each person who becomes a victim of identity theft while using the company's services. However, IdentityIQ is a younger company in the identity theft industry.

Leo
February 15th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Identity IQ keeps me informed on any credit score activity through alerts and through their portal. I’ve used other companies & they are by far the most accurate. This is the first time that I’ve felt like a credit company actually had my back and cared about my credit profile. And the customer service is great! I’m very satisfied with IDIQ.

Steve
February 15th, 2018 Pomona, CA DETAILS

After I shopped around, I found that Identity IQ made me feel like a valued customer. Thank you for treating me like a person instead of a number.

Ana Garcia
February 6th, 2018 Chicago, IL

I like getting the alert emails when something has changed on my report. I like that I have access to my score and I'm able to keep on eye or have an idea on how my score is doing.

Bryan
February 1st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

I like that I can view my credit scores through identity IQ over time and see the changing trends through the website. Using the site is easy, and I've learned more about how credit is reported

Leyla
January 31st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Great customer service and user friendly website.

Craig
January 31st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Good customer service and I use it to work on improving my scores.

Larry McCormick
January 23rd, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Horrible service. Credit scores are 40 to 50 points off and when I asked for a refund because I was denied a loan they told me too bad. Why would they even bother giving a credit score when it's lightyears away from reality?

IdentityIQ Logo

Reply from IdentityIQ

Christian Porter Jan 23, 2018

Hi Larry, we are sorry to hear you were turned down for a loan. Our Credit Scores are provided to us directly by the Credit Bureaus. There are many different scoring models on the market and each lending institution can choose which scoring model they prefer to use. As stated throughout the website, IdentityIQ provides the Vantage 3.0 Score. Hope this helps clear up any confusion regarding credit scores. Best of luck.

R Miller
January 8th, 2018 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

Everything was ok, till I cancelled. I was using a credit repair service that uses this to see real time credit changes on my report and adjust their dispute process as needed. A few times I had to contact customer service for different reasons. Each time they did what I needed with relative ease. I went to cancel today because I no longer am getting my credit repaired and they told me I can not access the content anymore once I cancelled. I asked for a prorated refund since I was only 10 days into my billing cycle. She told me no, that I would have to call back at the end of the cycle to cancel. I, like most have a busy life and will probably forget to cancel and get charged another month of service and have the same issue again. Just beware, if you cancel early, you WILL NOT get a refund for the service you did not use

Steven Sandoe
November 27th, 2017 Weatherford, TX DETAILS

This company charged my card 3 times in a 20 day period for $ 21.99 that's supposed to be a monthly fee, not weekly. Breach of contract. I want a refund or the lawyers will be contacting you.

Thomas
November 21st, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Professional and caring customer service. They’re processes allowed me to feel as though I had a handle on my credit issues. I’m a big fan of IdentityIQ.

Steve
November 20th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

After having some credit issues I shopped around most all of the credit sites out there. I found identityIq to be the most accurate of the scores I compared. I’m glad that I did. I found some recent errors and I was able to dispute them. I’m glad I chose them.

Christina Bauer
November 20th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

Identity IQ has been a major help in protecting my identity and giving me the proper information to do so. I highly recommend Identity IQ!

Humberto Garay
October 19th, 2017

Identity IQ is awesome. When i call, the reps are there to answer my questions. My credit report is always up to date and the portal is really easy and reliable. Thanks Identity Iq for being the best !!!!

Nicole Soares
October 17th, 2017 Fallbrook, CA

We use Identity IQ credit monitoring in order to coach our clients while assisting them in achieving their credit improvement goals. It is very easy to read and manage the account including tasks like resetting payment information. The pricing is affordable and they have great customer service. I highly recommend them for credit monitoring.

Maybe. Not sure.
October 2nd, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

not sure if the scores where correct. Got dif. scores from other sources

Rober
October 2nd, 2017

They are very helpful and thy ehr great the service was good

Bonnie Sullivan
September 20th, 2017 Capitol Heights, MD'

They are very trustworthy and I trust they will get the problem resolved. However, so far, I paid for three reports and only two of them were showing.

Norman Henderson
September 20th, 2017 Houston, TX

Their representatives are very knowledgeable and it was the best choice to get my credit right.

Caleah Streater
September 20th, 2017 Chester, PA

The company's customer service has been good. I use them to monitor my credit and to get a copy of my credit report and credit score.

April
September 18th, 2017

I started with the free trial. I went in on day 6 which was a Friday to cancel however it was after 5pm. There is no way to cancel online you have to call. But they're only available by phone M-F 8-5. Therefore I was charged the 19.99 that I never wanted. Call today to cancel and even though I've now paid for another month I will no longer have access as of today. It is setup to take advantage of people. Sure I'll call back and cancel but we all know that we forget or god forbid it falls on a weekend and then bam another charge! Bad customer service.

Doug
August 23rd, 2017 Memphis, TN

I attempted to sign up for the 7-day trial, and the CC I was using kept gettin an error message as being invalid information. I tried 3x to make sure I was not entering in any wrong information, and each time it gave me the error. So I tried my debit card and it worked fine, and I was allowed to become a trial member. I then got an alert that my CC account was pre-authorized $19.99 3X in a row, even though the website was telling me it was not valid. They will do nothing for me, never offered me a free month for my troubles, or anyting but you can call your bank. Pretty bad.

Mike Duncan
July 13th, 2017

Our credit cards were stolen and I needed some help. The credit card company was great but I wanted better monitoring. I wanted to have someone monitor my identity and my credit. This company had a great price and has consistently given me the peace of mind I needed. They were one of the only ones I could find that gave me reports from all the credit bureaus with monitoring.

Brigitte Theriault
March 15th, 2017

This company forces you to call to cancel your membership. Then, instead of letting you run the full course of the month you paid for, it cancels your membership immediately when you call. I would have had 8 days left to my membership but they told me to call back to cancel in 8 days. Which, of course is a scam because they want you to forget to call so they can charge you. Not a fan of companies that behave this way. Credit Karma is free and I see no real difference between the two.

Dan
February 14th, 2017 Santee, CA

I get my credit report and my credit scores and it lets me know if anything has changed. I used this service to get a new car and get a better credit card. It even helps me figure out how I can move my score up.

Ariel Segall
February 6th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Deliverable are of quality and reports are accurate and comprehensive Best customer service

Gary Press
February 3rd, 2017

I have been using Identity IQ for three years now. hi sis the best identity theft company that I have tried. Beyond great protection and superb customer service, the program has helped me grow my credit scores. Now, if I want to lease a car or buy a home, I get the best interest rates because my credit has become high. I really like the dashboard as I can navigate so easily. I can get a complete credit history and credit analysis in minutes. This is a product I am going to be using for life!

Brittney
February 2nd, 2017

I've been using this service for a few years now, and so far it's been wonderful! A few years ago I had my purse stolen with a lot of personal information inside. I wish I had been monitoring my credit then, because I became a victim of Identity Theft a few months after my purse was stolen. Now, I get monthly updates and alerts anytime something changes to my profile. It even alerted me after I got married and changed my last name. For me, you can't put a price tag on peace of mind!

Kenny
January 31st, 2017 Lake Worth, FL

I'm writing a review of this company because these days you usually never get what you pay for. I bought a new car Saturday afternoon and while I was having dinner that night my phone pinged and I received an email alert that a new credit account had been opened in my name. Of course since the information was correct there was nothing I had to do, but imagine if it wasn't! These guys delivered just as promised. Getting credit scores and credit reports is nice too. I have no idea what company the other reviewers were using, but it certainly was not the experience I had with IdentityIQ.

Nancy Soprych
January 24th, 2017

This company has been around awhile and really always improving benefits. The Credit Report is presented very well - it is easy to read and use. Receiving data from all 3 bureaus is a great benefit and better than most other sites offerings. You really receive what you pay for and the price is actually very reasonable compared to other sites. Customer service agents seemed very knowledgeable as they were able to answer questions about program and that satisfied my needs.

Scott
January 23rd, 2017 Wildomar, CA

I have pulled my credit report and several other places online but this is the best display that I have seen yet. The report is much easier to read that the free sites. Good work making an easy to read product, worth the money to have a product that you can actually read and use.

Mark
January 23rd, 2017

Hoorible company. I canceled a couple days after signing up and they continued billing me and when I called again and canceled they continued billing. 4th time and will see if it sticks. Horrible customer service and in my opinion a total scam. Beware!

Rick Ziemek
January 18th, 2017

This company is great. The plans and benefits they offer are flexible and priced very competitively compared to the market. I have been using them for years and so far its been great. The customer service staff has been very helpful.

Ramon Mercado
January 4th, 2017 El Paso, TX

I think credit karma is definitely way better than this and it's free. Called to cancel on the 15th of the month and had a charge on the 16th. They said it had gone thru on the 14th and they couldn't refund it so apparently I paid for the whole month but can't even use it or get my money back. What a scam.

jason royal
November 4th, 2016 Streamwood, IL

This is a great website for getting your credit reports and scores and for fruad monitoring. I tried to cancel once and the agents tried to save me with some scripts they probably have to read all the time, but that kind of thing is normla these days. I like the website and it's legit. I've called customer servcie a bunch of times and they are helpful. You can cancel anytime you want, the agents have to try to retain you just like any other company does wehn you call to cancel so don't beleive the bad reviews on that. I found a cheaper link for the same package which is www.idiqscores.com. It's $10 cheaper than going to the main website.

jason
November 3rd, 2016 Streamwood, IL

tohkti
October 17th, 2016 Randolph, MA

worst credit check service ever. advise to use a different one. my membership doesn't end until mid November and by October 17 they already say I don't have access to my account due to I cancelled the future memberships. so I have a membership till mid November which I cant use at all. Will never recommend this agency to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Rene Ramirez
October 12th, 2016

I had called to cancel my subscription 2 months ago but I'm still paying for it and every time I call they tell me my money is not refundable I don't think there a good company at all

Amber Ritter
September 8th, 2016 Houston, TX

Attempted to cancel this service, they put me on hold for 23 minutes and then hung up. Shady customer service.

Krissy
July 29th, 2016 Broomfield, CO

I consistently tried to cancel my subscription for their services. First of all, it's 2016 and it's majorly inconvenient that the only way to cancel is to physically call in and wait on line for a customer service representative. When I first called to cancel, the girl asked why I was cancelling and told her I no longer needed the service. She told me she would be able to lower the price to $7.99, and I thought okay fine... $8 to get your credit score and monitored each month. Come to find out that the $7.99 was just for their basic program and I couldn't check anything. When I called to cancel they would tell me I had to call at the end of the month. Then when I would call to cancel they would say your card has already been charged, you will have to call again. SO. FRUSTRATING.

Fatima
July 5th, 2016 Blue Springs, MO

I have tried to cancel this since March and I keep getting charged every month... They promise me to cancel and they just keep charging me... I am so frustrated with them!