IdentityIQ

IdentityIQ Logo

IdentityIQ

verified
Identity protection services starting at $6.99 per month

IdentityIQ strives to better protect and empower the consumer through concise delivery of credit and identity data. The company has provided consumers with identity- and credit-related protection solutions at affordable monthly rates, as well as identity theft education programs to corporate and academic associations since its founding in 2009.

The privately-held, Nevada-based company's goal is to help customers understand what can impact their credit and personal identity as well as give customers access to a variety of data sources and help them sense identity fraud as well as understand how that data can affect them. Their comprehensive product bundles include family protection, dark web monitoring, identity theft protection & restoration, credit reports & scores, and credit monitoring.

The Good

• Identity Protection
  • Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services
  • $1 Million Dollar Protection
  • Online Educational Resources

Identity Protection

IdentityIQ monitors for any use of a customer's SSN within its network and alerts them of what is seen. Other monitoring services will only alert customers if their SSN is used with a wrong address or name. In addition, IdentityIQ performs enhanced change of address notification. The company not only monitors for a change of address request with the credit reporting agencies but also monitors the National Change of Address registry to make sure customers are informed of changes made to their information.

Identity monitoring includes:

• National and International Criminal Record Monitoring
  • SSN Trace
  • Enhanced Change of Address Monitoring
  • U.S.-Based Fraud Restoration Team

Affordable Monthly Plans

IdentityIQ offers people four affordable monthly protection plans which range from $6.99 to $29.99 per month. The Secure Plan costs $6.99 and includes daily credit report monitoring for one credit bureau, dark web and internet monitoring, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, social security number alerts, synthetic identity theft protection, file sharing network searches, lost wallet assistance, U.S.- based identity restoration services, checking account report, and Opt-out IQ.

The Secure Plus Plan costs $9.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plan along with IQ alerts with application monitoring and change of address. The Secure Pro Plan costs $19.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plus Plan along with enhanced three bureau credit reports monitoring, enhanced credit report monitoring, alerts on crimes committed in your name, and credit score change alerts. Lastly, the Secure Max Plan costs $29.99 and includes everything from the Secure Pro Plan along with credit score tracker, credit scores simulator, family protection, and fraud restoration with LPOA.

Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services

IdentityIQ works with all three credit bureaus to help customers monitor their credit activity. Customers also receive daily alerts and monthly credit scores. Select plans feature a credit score simulator, which provides consumers with information about how certain activities affect credit ratings.  See changes as they happen with daily credit monitoring alerts:

• Change of address
  • Change of personal information
  • Reporting of a delinquent account
  • Credit inquiries
  • New public records
  • Judgments
  • New credit accounts and loans

$1 Million Dollar Protection

IdentityIQ will offer up to $1 million in identity theft insurance for the primary member. If customers have out-of-pocket costs due to ID theft, they're covered with up to $1 million in ID theft insurance for Lost Wages, Legal help, and Stolen Funds reimbursement. If a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, IdentityIQ will make sure they receive personal identity restoration and insurance services. Customers that enroll in IdentityIQ's Secure Max Plan are provided with up to $1 million in ID Theft insurance and up to $25,000 for their children.

Online Educational Resources

IdentityIQ provides an impressive amount of information regarding identity theft on its website. These resources cover topics like data breaches, suspicious activity, identity theft motives, type of identity theft, how to notice identity theft, and more. IdentityIQ also offers several articles that provide further information to website users.

The Bad

Time in Business

The company is noticeably younger than many other companies within the industry as it was founded in 2009. Due to its relatively short time in business, IdentityIQ may lack identity management experience and reputation in comparison to its older competitors.

The Bottom Line

IdentityIQ strives to provide a comprehensive identity management suite. The company also offers people a number of attractive features to protect their identities from identity fraud, including affordable monthly plans, enhanced monitoring services like social security number monitoring and credit reports monitoring from the major credit bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

IdentityIQ also offers comprehensive, U.S.-based identity restoration services to each person who becomes a victim of identity theft while using the company's services. Additionally, IdentityIQ also offers a variety of online educational resources that cover topics like data breaches, identity thief motives, and more. One potential downside of IdentityIQ is that it is a younger company in the identity theft industry.

4.1

christopher mazzella
June 20th, 2016 Jupiter, FL

This is nothing but a big scam, I recently couldn't log onto the system with numerous attempts and even calling customer service...So I cancelled the service and received an email stating this cancellation and than a few weeks latter they billed me again for another month....So fine I called looking for them to return my funds since I cancelled the service and the arrogant, rude, customer service agent refused to issue me a refund....Now I have to dispute it with my credit card company.....Going to do It since I am not going to be cheated by this scam of a company....

Glynnedora Thompson
May 20th, 2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL

the lack of knowledge from your Customer Service and Credit Counselling department is extremely frustrating it seem as though they're reading from a script and cannot deviate to provide any real needed information it's as if they are heartless and unconcern. I know that each of your reps get paid by the hour and seem to only be concerned about that i'm disputing my monthly fee with my bank and demanding a refund for what has yet to be explained to me about my service

Cat Arnaez
May 10th, 2016 Valrico, FL

This company is a scam. We got a simple report from a credit repair company and never signed up for services, and then Identity IQ thought they would just charges our cars for monthly services we never signed up for or authorized!

lavienia spraggins
April 25th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

they make it extremely difficult to cancel. still getting charged after I canceled membership. never again

Stephen Herman
March 15th, 2016 San Clemente, CA

Horrible company. They won't let you cancel online and when you call to cancel, even if you have the rest of the month paid for in advance, they will not let you use it unless you call back. Obviously they're trying to hope that you won't call back in time to cancel and get the charge for another month. Complete waste of time and horrible customer service. Better to choose another company.

TIM
March 2nd, 2016 Greensboro, AL

Wanted to check my credit score and did I make a mistake. Identityiq is a joke. Tried to cancel twice and still getting charged. Reports are outdated all the time and worthless as in some cases there 4 months old. Can not see why anyone would use this site.

Patricia
December 3rd, 2015 Manchester, NH

I signed up for this service to work with an attorney to resolve some credit issues. I cancelled my membership and they continued to charge my account. I was supposed to be refunded within 7-10 business days. This never happened. When I called and inquired, I was advised the refund was never processed. Now I have to wait another 7-10 business days. Overall, horrible customer service and an awful experience in working with this company.

Greg
November 11th, 2015 Fort Lee, NJ

Identity IQ, is a company based on stealing peoples money by gathering your bank account information from unknown sources, that they will not revile no matter how many times you request and put you on automatic draw till you take a notice.

Christina
October 30th, 2015 Lancaster, PA

Don't go with this company. The scores they report are inaccurate and when you get ahold of someone they are completely clueless. I cancelled my account and still got charged then when I called they said oh it's pending it will drop off. It didn't so I called back again and they said oh your bank has to deal with that and I'm like no you need to deal with it you charged it. Josh then replied we can't see it on our end so I can't take it off. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they are all in meetings. He told me to call back again tomorrow. What a joke! This company is a rip off don't do it!

Gavin
June 16th, 2015 Hackensack, NJ

I'm already disappointed have been trying to signing in and only to have my bank account charge 7 time for your service no call back how can your company monitor people's credit score.please cancell my request and re emburst me the charge that was taken from my account.

Me
May 21st, 2015 Englewood, CO

I've not had any problems with the company...however, I just canceled my service with them and even though they just debited my account for $16.95 I was told I would not be able to access anything for the rest of the month. Umm...ok...you can charge me for an entire month but I can't view anything the rest of the month? AND you aren't going to refund me? That's excellent customer service and business practices!! **sarcasm**

Me
September 9th, 2014 Nashville, TN

This company is by far the most difficult I have ever tryed to deal with , I tryed to contact some one to find out my account info and payment date for a week when I finally did contact someone she was extremely rude and wouldn't answer my questions and refused to transfer me to someone who would now because if them my bank account I set up for companies like this is over drawn and the got paid cancelled my service and she refused my last thirty days service they were paid for ...