IdentityIQ strives to better protect and empower the consumer through concise delivery of credit and identity data. The company has provided consumers with identity- and credit-related protection solutions at affordable monthly rates, as well as identity theft education programs to corporate and academic associations since its founding in 2009.

The privately-held, Nevada-based company's goal is to help each user understand what can impact their credit and personal identity as well as give customers access to a variety of data sources and help them sense identity fraud as well as understand how that data can affect them. Their comprehensive product bundles include family protection, dark web monitoring, identity theft protection & restoration, credit reports & scores, and credit monitoring.

The Good

• Identity Protection
  • Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services
  • $1 Million Dollar Protection
  • Online Educational Resources

Identity Protection

IdentityIQ monitors for any use of a customer's SSN within its network and alerts them of what is seen. Other monitoring services will only alert customers if their SSN is used with a wrong address or name. In addition, IdentityIQ performs enhanced change of address notification. The company not only monitors for a change of address request with the credit reporting agencies but also monitors the National Change of Address registry to make sure customers are informed of changes made to their information.

Identity monitoring includes:

• National and International Criminal Record Monitoring
  • SSN Trace
  • Enhanced Change of Address Monitoring
  • U.S.-Based Fraud Restoration Customer Service Team

Affordable Monthly Plans

IdentityIQ offers people four affordable monthly identity management solution plans which range from $6.99 to $29.99 per month. The Secure Plan costs $6.99 and includes daily credit report monitoring for one credit bureau, dark web and internet monitoring, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, social security number alerts, synthetic identity theft protection, file sharing network searches, lost wallet assistance, U.S.- based identity restoration services, checking account report, and Opt-out IQ.

The Secure Plus Plan costs $9.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plan along with IQ alerts with application monitoring and change of address. The Secure Pro Plan costs $19.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plus Plan along with enhanced three-bureau credit report monitoring, alerts on crimes committed in your name, and credit score change alerts. Lastly, the Secure Max Plan costs $29.99 and includes everything from the Secure Pro Plan along with credit score tracker, credit scores simulator, family protection, and fraud restoration with LPOA.

Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services

IdentityIQ works with all three credit bureaus to help customers monitor their credit report and score activity. Customers also receive daily fraud alerts and monthly credit scores. Select plans feature a credit score simulator, which provides consumers with information about how certain activities affect credit ratings. See changes as they happen with daily credit monitoring alerts:

• Change of address
  • Change of personal information
  • Reporting of a delinquent account
  • Credit inquiries
  • New public records
  • Judgments
  • New credit accounts and loans

$1 Million Dollar Protection

IdentityIQ will offer up to $1 million in identity theft insurance for users. If customers have out-of-pocket costs due to ID theft, they're covered with up to $1 million in ID theft insurance for Lost Wages, Legal help, and Stolen Funds reimbursement. If a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, IdentityIQ will make sure they receive personal identity restoration and insurance services. Customers that enroll in IdentityIQ's Secure Max Plan are provided with up to $1 million in ID Theft insurance and up to $25,000 for their children. This $1 Million Dollar Protection plan can be a solid solution for those who fall victim to identity theft.

Online Educational Resources

IdentityIQ provides an impressive amount of information regarding identity theft on its website. These resources cover topics like data breaches, suspicious activity/ fraudulent activity, identity theft motives, type of identity theft, how to notice identity theft, identity management solutions, processes, personal security and risk, and more. IdentityIQ also offers several articles that provide further information to website users.

The Bad

Time in Business

The company is noticeably younger than many other companies within the industry as it was founded in 2009. Due to its shorter time in business, IdentityIQ may lack identity management experience and reputation in comparison to its older competitors.

The Bottom Line

IdentityIQ strives to provide a comprehensive identity security suite. The company also offers people a number of attractive features to protect their identities from identity fraud, including affordable monthly plans, enhanced monitoring services like social security monitoring and credit reports monitoring from the major credit bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

IdentityIQ also offers comprehensive, U.S.-based identity restoration customer service to each user who is faced with a stolen identity situation while using the company's service. Additionally, IdentityIQ also offers a variety of online educational resources that cover topics like data breaches, identity thief motives, and more. One potential downside of IdentityIQ is that it is a younger company in the identity theft industry. Potential customers are encouraged to read IdentityIQ reviews to see the company's service from a consumer point of view.

Tonya King
April 25th, 2018 Kernersville, NC DETAILS

Identity IQ credit monitoring is the best thing around. They have truly helped me understand credit and how it is important to be protected against Identity Theft. Suggestions on how to improve my scores have worked!!!

William
April 19th, 2018 Pomona, CA DETAILS

We went hrough sky blue credit repair and they gave us a link to Identity IQ. Identity IQ had a deal at the top of the page for 14.95 which I thought was a good deal.. In the right hand column it had another price for 29.99 which had total written next to it. I was confused so before making my purchase I called Identity IQ and asked what was this about 29.99 and the girl who had such a strong accent said Oh don't worry that doesn't apply to you. Well guess what she lied and they did not take the 14.95 out but charged me double at 29.99. I was floored. I called back when they did this and they at least credited the money back after 3 business days. Then to top it all off I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and do this for my wife. THEY DID IT AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about headache. They claimed I did not do my account through Sky blue however I did. Sky blue sent me a link or I would not have even known about their company. Needless to say these people are complete morons or they are dishonest. Check to see how much they charge you on your bank account.

Apr 19, 2018

Hi William, I am sorry this was your experience with our company. We take negative feedback seriously and would like an opportunity to remedy any outstanding issues with your accounts. It looks like you were enrolled in the $14.95 Sky Blue special promotion and that account is still active. I also see in our records that you originally enrolled your wife in a plan from the main website and not through the Sky Blue promotion and after being advised of this, were able to cancel that membership and get you wife enrolled using the correct Sky Blue link. You were charged $14.95 for your membership. You were also charged $29.99 for the membership that was incorrectly enrolled. This has been refunded to your account. I assure you this was just a case of not using the correct promotional link. We want to make sure that all the issues you presented are addressed, please let us know how we can help you further or if there is anything still outstanding.

NM
April 13th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

My experience has been amazing my credit score has improve and the liberty for me to check every month without impacting my score is a plus

Alejandro Martinez
April 13th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Overall, very helpful.... always up to date and on point. Notifications are accurate when updates occur... will continue using them. Two thumbs up!!

William Aloupis
April 11th, 2018 New Canaan, CT DETAILS

A great way to keep track of your credit goings on. I log in every week just to check in.

Nia Dumas
April 10th, 2018 Tacoma, WA DETAILS

Scam artists! I signed up for their free 30 day trial just to check my score. I called them well before the trial had ended and requested cancellation of my account. The lady that i spoke with informed me that my account would be cancelled. Next thing I know, I get an email from the company a few weeks later. So I go and check my bank account and they’ve taken the money out. The woman never cancelled my account! And now they won’t give my money back.

Apr 19, 2018

Nia, we take negative feedback seriously and want to make sure that all your concerns have been addressed. After reviewing your account it looks like you enrolled in a 7-day $1.00 trial offer on March 9th, 2018. This offer allows a consumer to try our service for $1.00 over 7 days. We do not have any promotions that offer a 30-day trial. By March 16th, we did not receive a cancellation request and your account was charged. We do see that you utilized our services and pulled your credit report and your last log in to your account was on March 17th. On April 9th, although you had fully used the services and did not cancel during the 7-day trial period, you were refunded the amount charged. Please let us know if there is anything else that is outstanding or if you need further assistance.

Anyoy
April 9th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Credit scores are not accurate. They use the Vantage score and not the Fico Score. Very few lenders use the Vantage Score. Vantage Scores can he obtained for free through Credit Karma.

Noah Rayner III
April 9th, 2018 Parkville, MD DETAILS

Great customer service here. There are no dumb questions. Don't go anywhere else.

Alva M Miller
April 9th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Very informative. Worth the $21.99 monthly. Gives you your credit scores plus more.

Lakissta Bowman
April 6th, 2018 Carrollton, TX DETAILS

I feel like identity IQ has been very accurate with my scores and updating my information

Daniel
April 3rd, 2018 Long Branch, NJ DETAILS

Excellent customer service, fees are economical and would definitely be recommending Identity IQ

Joey Milligan
March 29th, 2018 DETAILS

They let me see whats going on with my credit at all times and alerts me when things change always good to have someone watching your 6.

Brahian Toribio
March 29th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

Very satisfied with the services that identity IQ provides to Thier customers, they are always looking for ways to better your credit and keep it safe .

Jerry Martinez
March 29th, 2018 Island Park, NY DETAILS

This company is a complete RIP-OFF. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. They lock you into recurring payments. Then cannot backdate cancellations. You have to call back when it's about to expire, or you will be charged another month. If you choose to cancel immediately, you are still charged but will not be able to use the services for the rest of the month.

Alexis McCain
March 27th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

Great site. They keep everything up to date and always accurately report my scores!

Reimundo Mascareno
March 27th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS

updated service, last minute information, keeps you updated month after month of what is happening on your credit report. Thanks.

Demond Walker
March 26th, 2018 San Juan Capistrano, CA DETAILS

The service was great! I haven’t had any issues with the service. DW

Ana
March 23rd, 2018 New Britain, CT DETAILS

Very good customer service. Accurate credit reports and alerts.

Alejandro Guzman Jr
March 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Ever since I signed up with IdenityIQ I have had instant notifications of my credit and I am now more alert than ever before! IdenityIQ has been very accurate and reliable and I recommend it to all my friends and family!

Monzell Corley
March 20th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Great customer service!! Quick response thanks for everything

Yaset
March 19th, 2018 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

The best information I login everyday for check the información

Halie
March 12th, 2018 Deltona, FL DETAILS

I find this site helpful in keeping up with my credit score and identity protection. It was recommended by my credit guy and I recommend it to anyone looking for better personal protection.

Victoria Tribbett
March 12th, 2018 Dover, DE DETAILS

Very reliable. I would recommend it to my family and friends

Diana Velazquez
March 1st, 2018 Camden, NJ DETAILS

Excelent, good, efficient... pleasant ..

[email protected]
March 1st, 2018 Mission, TX DETAILS

It's a nice system , that helps you track

Daphne
February 26th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

SCAM!SCAM! Do not enter your credit card information to try free for 7 days! They don’t tell you on the company’s landing page, when canceling the 7 day trial , it can’t be cancelled online. You will have to call a customer service line that’s only open Monday- Friday. If the 7th day falls on a weekend they will CHARGE your card on the 7th day! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

Connor Scheumack
February 15th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

I really like the format of the credit reports and that I get my scores refreshed regularly. The site is easy to use and my overall experience has been great

Steve
February 15th, 2018 Pomona, CA DETAILS

After I shopped around, I found that Identity IQ made me feel like a valued customer. Thank you for treating me like a person instead of a number.

Leo
February 15th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Identity IQ keeps me informed on any credit score activity through alerts and through their portal. I’ve used other companies & they are by far the most accurate. This is the first time that I’ve felt like a credit company actually had my back and cared about my credit profile. And the customer service is great! I’m very satisfied with IDIQ.

Ana Garcia
February 6th, 2018 Chicago, IL

I like getting the alert emails when something has changed on my report. I like that I have access to my score and I'm able to keep on eye or have an idea on how my score is doing.

Bryan
February 1st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

I like that I can view my credit scores through identity IQ over time and see the changing trends through the website. Using the site is easy, and I've learned more about how credit is reported

Craig
January 31st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Good customer service and I use it to work on improving my scores.

Leyla
January 31st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Great customer service and user friendly website.

Larry McCormick
January 23rd, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Horrible service. Credit scores are 40 to 50 points off and when I asked for a refund because I was denied a loan they told me too bad. Why would they even bother giving a credit score when it's lightyears away from reality?

Jan 23, 2018

Hi Larry, we are sorry to hear you were turned down for a loan. Our Credit Scores are provided to us directly by the Credit Bureaus. There are many different scoring models on the market and each lending institution can choose which scoring model they prefer to use. As stated throughout the website, IdentityIQ provides the Vantage 3.0 Score. Hope this helps clear up any confusion regarding credit scores. Best of luck.

R Miller
January 8th, 2018 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

Everything was ok, till I cancelled. I was using a credit repair service that uses this to see real time credit changes on my report and adjust their dispute process as needed. A few times I had to contact customer service for different reasons. Each time they did what I needed with relative ease. I went to cancel today because I no longer am getting my credit repaired and they told me I can not access the content anymore once I cancelled. I asked for a prorated refund since I was only 10 days into my billing cycle. She told me no, that I would have to call back at the end of the cycle to cancel. I, like most have a busy life and will probably forget to cancel and get charged another month of service and have the same issue again. Just beware, if you cancel early, you WILL NOT get a refund for the service you did not use

Steven Sandoe
November 27th, 2017 Weatherford, TX DETAILS

This company charged my card 3 times in a 20 day period for $ 21.99 that's supposed to be a monthly fee, not weekly. Breach of contract. I want a refund or the lawyers will be contacting you.

Thomas
November 21st, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Professional and caring customer service. They’re processes allowed me to feel as though I had a handle on my credit issues. I’m a big fan of IdentityIQ.

Christina Bauer
November 20th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

Identity IQ has been a major help in protecting my identity and giving me the proper information to do so. I highly recommend Identity IQ!

Steve
November 20th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

After having some credit issues I shopped around most all of the credit sites out there. I found identityIq to be the most accurate of the scores I compared. I’m glad that I did. I found some recent errors and I was able to dispute them. I’m glad I chose them.

Humberto Garay
October 19th, 2017

Identity IQ is awesome. When i call, the reps are there to answer my questions. My credit report is always up to date and the portal is really easy and reliable. Thanks Identity Iq for being the best !!!!

Nicole Soares
October 17th, 2017 Fallbrook, CA

We use Identity IQ credit monitoring in order to coach our clients while assisting them in achieving their credit improvement goals. It is very easy to read and manage the account including tasks like resetting payment information. The pricing is affordable and they have great customer service. I highly recommend them for credit monitoring.

Maybe. Not sure.
October 2nd, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

not sure if the scores where correct. Got dif. scores from other sources

Rober
October 2nd, 2017

They are very helpful and thy ehr great the service was good

Bonnie Sullivan
September 20th, 2017 Capitol Heights, MD'

They are very trustworthy and I trust they will get the problem resolved. However, so far, I paid for three reports and only two of them were showing.

Norman Henderson
September 20th, 2017 Houston, TX

Their representatives are very knowledgeable and it was the best choice to get my credit right.

Caleah Streater
September 20th, 2017 Chester, PA

The company's customer service has been good. I use them to monitor my credit and to get a copy of my credit report and credit score.

April
September 18th, 2017

I started with the free trial. I went in on day 6 which was a Friday to cancel however it was after 5pm. There is no way to cancel online you have to call. But they're only available by phone M-F 8-5. Therefore I was charged the 19.99 that I never wanted. Call today to cancel and even though I've now paid for another month I will no longer have access as of today. It is setup to take advantage of people. Sure I'll call back and cancel but we all know that we forget or god forbid it falls on a weekend and then bam another charge! Bad customer service.

Doug
August 23rd, 2017 Memphis, TN

I attempted to sign up for the 7-day trial, and the CC I was using kept gettin an error message as being invalid information. I tried 3x to make sure I was not entering in any wrong information, and each time it gave me the error. So I tried my debit card and it worked fine, and I was allowed to become a trial member. I then got an alert that my CC account was pre-authorized $19.99 3X in a row, even though the website was telling me it was not valid. They will do nothing for me, never offered me a free month for my troubles, or anyting but you can call your bank. Pretty bad.

Mike Duncan
July 13th, 2017

Our credit cards were stolen and I needed some help. The credit card company was great but I wanted better monitoring. I wanted to have someone monitor my identity and my credit. This company had a great price and has consistently given me the peace of mind I needed. They were one of the only ones I could find that gave me reports from all the credit bureaus with monitoring.

Brigitte Theriault
March 15th, 2017

This company forces you to call to cancel your membership. Then, instead of letting you run the full course of the month you paid for, it cancels your membership immediately when you call. I would have had 8 days left to my membership but they told me to call back to cancel in 8 days. Which, of course is a scam because they want you to forget to call so they can charge you. Not a fan of companies that behave this way. Credit Karma is free and I see no real difference between the two.