Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Credit Sesame ID Protection

Credit Sesame ID Protection Logo

Credit Sesame ID Protection

Credit Sesame's plans range from $0 to $19.95 per month

Founded in 2010 in Mountain View, California, Credit Sesame is an identity protection company that offers credit monitoring and reports, among other services. Credit Sesame's mission is "to empower people to take charge of their credit and loans and achieve their financial goals."

#1 IdentityIQ Logo IdentityIQ ›

7.1

Overall
Score

#2 MyIDCare Logo MyIDCare ›

6.6

Overall
Score

#3 LegalShield IDShield Logo LegalShield IDShield ›

6.0

Overall
Score

#13 Credit Sesame ID Protection Logo Credit Sesame ID Protection ›

2.4

Overall
Score

The Good

• Several Plan Options
  • Monitoring Services
  • Identity Theft Insurance

Several Plan Options

Credit Sesame offers four different identity protection plans that range from $0 to $19.95 per month. Because there are several different plans available, customers have the ability to choose a plan that best fits their budget and coverage needs.

Monitoring Services

Credit Sesame offers a number of monitoring services, including credit monitoring from all three major bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion), black market internet monitoring, and social security number monitoring.

Identity Theft Insurance

Credit Sesame provides its customers with up to $50,000 in identity theft insurance. In the event of identity theft, this policy covers and reimburses customers for expenses related to the theft.

The Bad

• Limited Recovery Services
  • No Antivirus Software

Limited Recovery Services

When it comes to identity recovery services, Credit Sesame is lacking. Although the company does offer criminal identity recovery and lost wallet assistance, financial, medical, and tax recovery services are not offered. Additionally, Credit Sesame does not provide assistance with preexisting conditions or offer limited power of attorney.

No Antivirus Software

Credit Sesame does not provide its customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

Credit Sesame offers a number of plan options, several monitoring services, and up to $50,000 in identity theft insurance. However, the company does not provide antivirus software and its recovery services are limited.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

Lourdes Rivera
November 10th, 2017 Wilmington, DE

I have sesame for over a year now and I like them they just send me an updated every time is a change of my credit through my email after I set up my account w a password I sign in and I get only one of my credit score but I can see the usage of my cards and so much more is good to have some type of procreation and plus is free. I just wish there was a way to communicated w them but so far so good.

Ashley
October 25th, 2017 Schofield, WI

Inaccurate information, misleading consumers into applying for loans, CC's and other financial products they aren't eligible for- all for a cutback- and at the consumer's expense, with a hard inquiry. The financial companies C.S. tries to pawn off on consumer's are less than reputable. The constant barrage of emails, sometimes 4+ per day, meant to stir up fear about menial changes to ones credit reports. This "service" is more of an anxiety causing disservice to those of us actually concerned with our financial health and stability, and to those of us who understand that positive credit building history takes time, persistence and patience. I would never recommend this website/app to anyone, as it's format is poorly managed and not user friendly, but also it execution and the lack of customer service is infuriating if you're suckered into paying for it!

Bob Vallance
January 18th, 2016 Plymouth, MI

Do Not Pay any money to credit sesame, 100% impossible to reach anyone by phone or email. This company is a SCAM. They burned me for $156. I have tried every possible way to reach them. Find a different company.

Jeff Winchell
November 30th, 2015 Redmond, WA

This company's interest in talking to human beings is so bad, they have no phone on their website and if you do find one, even if you want to be a partner the recorded messages on this phone number insist on you email them first. If you do find the trick that gets you a live human voice they work for an outsourced company that has almost no access or ability to do anything. Even though I wanted to pay them for their product, after 11 days no one does anything. They only sporadically respond to your email, and even then, after you wait days. The bug I encountered is a known bug and it has to do with their customer database system. For a DATA company to have a known unfixed bug in their database does not give confidence in the quality of information they are giving.

JJ
November 30th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

Overall it's okay but there's no way to update info such as when a debt is paid off or a new mortgage - it assumes 30 yr.. Car note still shows although it was paid off five years ago.

kim
October 23rd, 2015 Sedona, AZ

Bad service.. Credit Karma more accurate... CS says I have no loans, no cc, no car loans etc.. all which are false.. With CS my score is 0..lol.. When I check it myself I am nearly 800.. How stupid is that!

Phillip
July 16th, 2015 Jackson Heights, NY

This is a scam, I visited to get score, months later I wished to sever ties, they began to take me through the third degree to verify WHO I AM. They've been e-mailing me! I respond, .... Now you don't know who I am when I want to terminate service???? It took longer than five days in just writing back and forth. Name, age, SS, race, address. PLEASE! Stalling to keep "OPEN SESAME" because that's just what you've become OPEN to all kinds of crap. Google unsubscribed me in 24 hrs by e-mail. These clowns kept at it for days. Be WEARY folks, and watch that paid clown called a doctor .... Charles!

Robert Harris
June 19th, 2015 Dunedin, FL

they locked me out..can't reach customer service!

Amy
June 17th, 2015 Hastings, MI

Since they updated trying to add transunion info to the site I have been unable to access my account or create a new one. Been emailing back and forth all day and still no solution to the problem.

Donna Eich
June 8th, 2015 Dover, DE

I've been trying since yesterday to cancel my account. No response regardless of how often I contact them. Disgusted with them and could kick myself to signing up.

Payam
May 15th, 2015 Pflugerville, TX

do not pay for this company because the service is wretched you can not to see anything after pay them

kim
April 6th, 2015 Sedona, AZ

Credit Sesame is a joke…CK which gives you both Tu and EQ both give me a score between 730 and 790… Capitol one 700… I understand that they are really not accurate but a good way to judge and monitor… CS says my score is 4 with no loans or credit cards which is not true! I have a mortgage, car loan and a couple of credit cards…Either there computer monitoring system is messed up, but to have a credit score of 4 should mean I should be living under a bridge..lol…

Karrie
March 25th, 2015 King William, VA

from one month to the next my score dropped 40 points and my husband's dropped over 100 points. We've made no purchases using credit cards, just paid on existing balances.

Sharon