LegalShield ID Shiel...

View Plans

LegalShield ID Shield verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Ada, Oklahoma, IDShield is a division of LegalShield and provides identity theft protection to millions of people. IDShield offers services to individuals and organizations across the country and is one of the nation's leading providers of legal safeguards.

The Good

• Individual and Family Plans
  • Monitoring Services
  • Recovery Services
  • Service Guarantee

Individual and Family Plans

LegalShield IDShield offers identity protection plans for both individuals and families. The Individual plan is priced at $9.95 per month and covers one person, while the Family plan is priced at $19.95 per month and covers one person, a spouse, and up to eight children.

Monitoring Services

In order to best protect customers' identities, LegalShield IDShield provides several monitoring services, including credit monitoring, internet monitoring, financial account monitoring, and social security number monitoring. If any suspicious activity is detected, LegalShield IDShield will issue a fraud alert to the customer. The company also has the ability to perform credit freezes.

Recovery Services

In addition to monitoring services, LegalShield IDShield also offers a number of identity restoration services to help customers in the event of theft. The company provides financial, medical, and criminal identity recovery, as well as limited power of attorney and lost wallet assistance.

Service Guarantee

LegalShield IDShield offers a $5 million service guarantee that acts as insurance by covering and reimbursing customers for expenses in the event of identity theft.

Learn more about IDShield

The Bad

Lack of Antivirus Software

Unfortunately, LegalShield IDShield does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect the sensitive data on their personal computers from hackers and viruses.

The Bottom Line

LegalShield IDShield offers both individual and family plans, several identity protection and recovery services, and a $5 million service guarantee. However, the company does not provide customers with antivirus software.

214 LegalShield ID Shield Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 22nd, 2017 Louisville, KY

There are major flaws in their data system that they refuse to recognize. They may have been hacked or compromised. Beware! Here's what I wrote to them before I cancelled my membership. "I opened my account about a week and a half ago. I entered information, including 10 credit card numbers and one bank account number, that evening. I checked back again a few days later and found no bank account number and only 6 credit cards. The next time I tried to access the account it blocked my login completely. Tonight, the same login (memorized by Chrome) worked, but I found only one credit card number there. There is something very wrong with your system. Please have a representative call me and detail how you are going to investigate." Instead of calling me, they insisted that I call them. Their agent at Kroll Investigators told me that there was no problem--that I had only entered one credit card. I told him that I was there and he had no basis for his lie. Rather than forwarding me to the person I needed to speak to to cancel my membership, he hung up. Do not join this incompetent service.

13 4

September 15th, 2017

I love this service it saved my thousands of dollars

3 2

September 13th, 2017

I love IDShield. Best form of ID protection and restoration with their 40+ years of Risk Management Protection and Restoration specializing in all 5 major areas of identity theft

3 1

September 12th, 2017 Riverside, CA

Potential customers need to be aware that the 5 million is a service guarantee and not an insurance policy for out of packet losses such as lost wages or fraudulent bank account transfers. This is an important distinction and is why I cancelled the service. Other than this ID Shield provides a good product at a reasonable price.

22 0

August 15th, 2017

IdShield's monitoring services appear to be the best in the market. I receive alerts almost immediately upon starting a new credit card.

18 3

July 24th, 2017 Knightdale, NC

I have ID Shield and have no issues whatsoever. I receive alerts as they are discovered and I also have my phones monitored to determine potential fraud callers and that is just one of the benefits.

18 3

June 3rd, 2017

ID Shield licensed investigators do what they say they will do and more. They are very personable in addition to being very effective.

15 4

May 15th, 2017 Grand Junction, CO

They helped clean up my identity issue very quickly

14 2

May 11th, 2017

I've obtained an out-of-state mortgage where the lender got my credit score from all 3 credit bureaus. Nothing picked up by ID shield. Credit card company informed me that someone tried to use my card in 2 different foreign countries. Must have gotten my number from internet, but not picked up by ID Shield. When I reported these concerns they told me not to worry since their attorneys would take care of everything if my ID was stolen. They only monitor 1 out of 3 credit bureaus. Said these things may have been reported to other 2 and not reached Equifax yet. They couldn't explain how my lender got all 3 credit scores without having it show up on the 1 they monitor. Since they monitor only reports from 1 credit bureau, I figure they're only doing 1/3 of the job they should be doing. They also have my credit score listed much lower than what my mortgage broker told me they were. Their suggestion for all of this - monitor my own credit reports by getting annual reports from all 3 bureaus. ACCOUNT CANCELLED.

46 1

May 10th, 2017

This is a scam i agreed to $20 a month but received 2 emails saying that my card would be charged for $20 a month and another email saying i would also be charged $132 a month. So now I'm having to do damage control...ridiculous. I try to protect my family only to get conned and scammed by the company assigned to protect us.

19 10

April 18th, 2017 Bellevue, WA

I signed up for ID Shield and 5 days later I still haven't got an email saying I was a member. My identify got stolen 5 days ago and the email I received from ID Shield said my application was going to be processed in 1 business day. False advertisement and no service. I am on the phone right now and I am already on my 3rd customer service rep because the other two couldn't help me. This is wrong.

23 7

March 15th, 2017 Pompano Beach, FL

I have had this service for 7 years and I have peace of mind because of the alerts

10 2

January 31st, 2017 Parkville, MD

LegalShield and IDShield give me and my family total peace of mind as members. We love it.

8 2

December 6th, 2016

Contacted me when they felt my review was neccessary.My identity was comramised and fixed it PEACE OF MIND AND SECURITY GOOD TO HAVE

11 2

November 8th, 2016

What an amazing value to protect my entire family for portion of the Cost for anything else in the industry

8 2

October 1st, 2016 District Heights, MD

For what the service does, it's a Great service for the cost. Used it on so many occasions and loved the outcome. Will Highly recommend the company and the service any day of the week. Wouldn't find myself without this service. It simply amplifies my voice. Love it.!!!

10 0

September 30th, 2016 Morrisville, PA

Fraud Investigator answered all my questions about the Yahoo breach and gave me 3 great tips to help protect my information and review my email account for suspicious activity.

9 0

August 27th, 2016 Vallejo, CA

They are exceptional,, smart, know their products and go the extra mile to service you. Can get your credit score daily, only company that has licensed investigators, 5 million dollars guarantee, and what they monitor is so much more extensive , in depth, than you mentioned that their competitors do do the industry justice. In fact only about 25% of your information is correct, the rest is so outdated, you should really check your facts!

11 0

August 12th, 2016 Jacksonville, FL

They have been great at answering questions along with advise and the following through to completely restore my name.

7 0

August 11th, 2016 Humble, TX

I love ID Shield. Great service and coverage. Better than anything else out there.

8 0