IdentityIQ

8.6

IdentityIQ strives to better protect and empower the consumer through concise delivery of credit and identity data.

The company has provided consumers with identity- and credit-related protection solutions at affordable monthly rates, as well as identity theft education programs to corporate and academic associations since its founding in 2009.

The privately-held, Nevada-based company's goal is to help each user understand what can impact their credit and personal identity as well as give customers access to a variety of data sources and help them sense identity fraud as well as understand how that data can affect them.

IdentityIQ's comprehensive identity suite includes family protection, dark web monitoring, identity theft protection and restoration, credit reports and scores, and credit monitoring. Customers can choose from four different identity protection plan options that vary in monthly pricing and features.

The Good

• Identity Protection
  • Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services
  • $1 Million Dollar Protection
  • Online Educational Resources

Identity Protection

IdentityIQ monitors for any use of a customer's Social Security Number (SSN) within its network and alerts them of what is seen. Other monitoring services will only alert customers if their SSN is used with a wrong address or name. In addition, IdentityIQ provides enhanced change of address notifications.

The company not only monitors for a change of address request with the credit reporting agencies but also monitors the National Change of Address registry to make sure customers are informed of changes made to their information.

Identity monitoring includes:

• National and International Criminal Record Monitoring
  • SSN Trace
  • Enhanced Change of Address Monitoring
  • U.S.-Based Fraud Restoration Customer Service Team

Affordable Monthly Plans

IdentityIQ offers people four affordable monthly identity management solution plans which range from $6.99 to $29.99 per month.

The Secure Plan includes daily credit report monitoring for one credit bureau, dark web and internet monitoring, and up to $1 million in insurance.

Additionally, those who sign up for the Secure Plan receive social security number alerts, synthetic identity theft protection, file sharing network searches, lost wallet assistance, U.S.- based identity restoration services, checking account report, and Opt-out IQ.

The Secure Plus Plan includes everything from the Secure Plan along with IQ alerts with application monitoring and change of address.

The Secure Pro Plan includes everything from the Secure Plus Plan along with enhanced three-bureau credit report monitoring, alerts on crimes committed in your name, and credit score change alerts.

Lastly, the Secure Max Plan includes everything from the Secure Pro Plan along with credit score tracker, credit scores simulator, family protection, and fraud restoration with LPOA.

Comprehensive Identity and Credit Reporting Services

IdentityIQ works with each major credit bureau to help customers monitor their credit report and score activity.

Customers also receive daily fraud alerts and monthly credit score updates. Select IdentityIQ plans feature a credit score simulator, which provides consumers with information about how certain activities affect their credit ratings.

Unlike most of its competitors in the identity theft protection industry, IdentityIQ offers up to 12 credit reports per year.

$1 Million Dollar Protection

IdentityIQ will offer up to $1 million in identity theft insurance for users.

If customers have out-of-pocket costs due to theft, they're covered with up to $1 million in ID theft insurance for Lost Wages, Legal help, and Stolen Funds reimbursement.

If a customer becomes a victim of identity theft while using the company's services, IdentityIQ will make sure they receive personal identity restoration and insurance services.

Customers that enroll in IdentityIQ's Secure Max Plan are provided with up to $1 million in ID Theft insurance and up to $25,000 for their children. This $1 million and $25,000 family protection plan service can be a solid solution for those who fall victim to identity theft.

Online Educational Resources

Unlike some companies in the industry, IdentityIQ provides an impressive amount of identity theft information on its corporate website that all website visitors can easily access.

These online resources cover topics like data breaches, suspicious activity, identity theft motives, type of identity theft, identity management solutions, processes, personal security and risk, and more, and are designed to help consumers better guard themselves against identity theft and fraud.

The Bad

Partially Limited Services

Although IdentityIQ does provide some great identity protection services, there are a few services that some other companies in the industry offer that IdentityIQ does not seem to provide like driver's license monitoring, data breach monitoring, and antivirus software/additional device protection.

The Bottom Line

IdentityIQ strives to provide a comprehensive identity security suite.

The company offers consumers a number of attractive features to protect their identities from identity fraud and theft, including affordable monthly subscription plans, enhanced identity monitoring like Social Security Number monitoring and credit report monitoring, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

Unlike many other companies, IdentityIQ offers family protection services that include up to $25,000 for family identity theft insurance. The company also provides comprehensive, U.S.-based identity restoration customer service to all users who are faced with a stolen identity situation while using the company's service.

Additionally, IdentityIQ also offers a variety of online educational resources that cover topics like data breaches, identity thief motives, and more.

One potential downside of IdentityIQ is that its services are somewhat limited in comparison to other top-rated identity protection companies, specifically when it comes to additional protective software and monitoring.

Overall, if you are searching for a fairly comprehensive, affordable identity theft protection service, IdentityIQ may be worth looking into.  Potential customers are encouraged to read IdentityIQ reviews to see the company's service from a consumer point of view.

Timothy Lewis Youngstown, OH

Very informative and keeps you up to date with all of your credit issues and informs you if there are any hacks to your accounts.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you so much Timothy!

Jun. 19th, 2020

Jamez Reynolds Knightdale, NC

always on top with monitoring your credit and giving out alerts

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hi Jamez! Thank you! We appreciate it!

Jul. 28th, 2020

Lisa Pinkney Lakeland, FL

Very informative when it comes to building your credit, informing you of identity theft, etc...Have never had any problems with them, always professional.

Thank you so much, Lisa!

Roni Thomas Norcross, GA

Great service.. the credit score is more accurate then your average credit site. You also get accurate information from all three credit bureaus... as well as other credit protection and theft...most of all you get your more money worth.

Reply from IdentityIQ

We appreciate your feedback, Roni. Thank you so much!

Derrick D. Ayala San Antonio, TX

I like the service provided my scores have increased

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you so much Derrick, we’re happy you’re happy.

Stacey K. Round Rock, TX

Not bad but it didn’t give me the results I was looking for in a credit monitoring company. They report on all 3 credit bureaus but don’t use FICO scores. This doesn’t benefit the consumer since these scores are what most of not all companies use for inquiries.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hello Stacey, Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the bad experience you encountered. Customer service is extremely important to us and we encourage our customers to ask for a supervisor if you are not satisfied for any reason. For security reasons and for our customers’ protection we require our customers to call IdentityIQ to cancel their membership. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call.

robert imbriani Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I enjoy all services provided by this company.. The website is easy to use.. It also has valuable tools and information that help with protection and maintaining a healthy credit score.. Thanks, Rob

Thank you, Robert!

Tiffany McConnell San Antonio, TX

Very easy to understand. You get your info from all 3 credit bureaus which makes it economically feasible as well simplifies monitoring your credit.

Thank you, Tiffany!

Ariel H Cleveland, OH

I haven’t any problems with this service and it helped me get help fixing my credit. Good investment.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you so much, Ariel.

Kevin Dew Shelbyville, KY

Bilked into signing up. Waste of time and money. Pure ripoff.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hello Kevin, thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the bad experience you encountered using our service. Customer service is extremely important to us and we encourage our customers to ask for a supervisor if you are not satisfied for any reason. For security reasons and for our customers’ protection we require our customers to call IdentityIQ to cancel their membership. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call.

Sharisha cooper Houston, TX

Easy, great customer service and smooth process

Thank you, Sharisha!

Tameika Hawkins Norcross, GA

The agent I spoke with was very courteous and professional!

Thank you, Tameika!

Erica Slaton ,

Great customer service the agent was very patient and not pushy, and made sure I had a better knowledge of my credit and how to get the best outcomes in the long run for myself and my credit. Very knowledgeable and helpful !

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you for your feedback, Erica!

Micko Massie Bonney Lake, WA

Best company to ever partner with they definitely have a customer for life . So thankful for the service you guys provide and your willingness to take care of your customers are next to none! Everyone should definitely give them a try and protect your identity at all times thanks again!!!!!!

Reply from IdentityIQ

Micko, your feedback means so much to us. Thank you!

AWalk Philadelphia, PA

The good thing about this service is it provides credit reports for all 3 bureaus side by side to compare. This is great if you're trying to correct errors and improve your credit scores. The not so good part is the "credit scores" provided. They provide the Vantage Score 3.0. This scoring system is not used by banks or credit card companies so what's the point. It gives a false sense of progress and most people are shocked when they're denied because their true credit scores are significantly lower. The score is useless because you can't walk into the bank or car dealership with confidence because you don't even know how much lower the score will be. I can't speak on the identity protection because I haven't seen the company in action and from all the other reviews I've read, no one has so it's just an unproven claim. I also would like to mention that I get the same credit monitoring service for FREE from all of my major credit cards and charge cards as well as my bank. The same useless VantageScore 3.0 credit scores are included. So the actual service provided by IdentityIQ is REALLY OVERPRICED compared. I get alerts from the free services as well and the emails from them are always received long before I get the alert from IdentityIQ. Not to mention, IdentityIQ only updates once a month. A million changes could have happened in a month. The bottom line is that this service is ok if you're trying to correct errors on your credit reports but it's a waste of money to pay beyond a short period of time when you can get the same services for FREE. From what I've read, the problems start when you try to cancel. So I will be vigilant and prepared because I will be cancelling soon. I gave 2 stars for quality of service & value for money but this review system wouldn't post my true rating. I haven't used customer service yet but it wouldn't save my review without it.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hello Awalk, We apologize you’re unhappy with your experience using our service. We really appreciate you taking the time you did to write all of this feedback. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call so we can make this right.

Mireya Holly Houston, TX

Knowledgable employees, who really worked on helping me understand my credit.

Thank you Mireyna!

Roy Dazza Philadelphia, PA

Don't listen when you cancel they still take money out your account.... (Crazy)

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you for your feedback, Roy. We want to apologize for the bad experience you encountered. Customer service is extremely important to us and we encourage our customers to ask for a supervisor if you are not satisfied for any reason. For security reasons and for our customers’ protection we require our customers to call IdentityIQ to cancel their membership. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call.

Connie Eakins Oklahoma City, OK

So far, I have found IdentityIQ has really come through for me.. I would recommend IdentityIQ to my friends. With high praise. Thank you for your help.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you so much Connie! We would love to connect on social media too!

Waqas Bristol, CT

Horrible customer service bad company credit karma and Experian is the best go with them

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hello Waqas, We apologize you did not have a good experience using our service. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call so we can make this right.

Jason Whelan Lancaster, NY

I had an outside company sign me up with IdentityIQ and I immediately after the trial period cancelled them. I was just seeing if this company could help me with my Credit Card debt however after my own work in my free time I quashed all my debt on my own. However they kept charging my card regardless. I put a block on my Capital One account to the point I need a new card issued because IdentityIQ would not heed the block and kept attempting charges and yet they still send me emails attempting to update my banking info. Get the hint, I don’t need or want your service. If you wanna watch your credit and take care of your debts, don’t be lazy and just do it yourself.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you for your feedback, Jason. We want to apologize for the bad experience you encountered. Customer service is extremely important to us and we encourage our customers to ask for a supervisor if you are not satisfied for any reason. For security reasons and for our customers’ protection we require our customers to call IdentityIQ to cancel their membership. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call.

Kenneth Small Houston, TX

They mad it easy for you too keep up with the process and you got a chance too see when things where disputed and when certain things would come off your credit I would use them again and recommend them.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Thank you for your feedback Kenneth!

michael anthony Atlanta, GA

Good customer service and follow up , I had a issue with cancellation after having it properly explain my issues were resolved with this company

Ryan B Kyle, TX

I just canceled both my wife and I's subscription this month. We were both paying for the $30.00 plan ($60 total) and upon cancellation I was told I should refresh our profiles to get our latest score. Every time I logged on since APRIL it's been saying NO activity!! I just thought no news was good news. The gentlemen asked me if I was sure i wanted to cancel and I replied you cannot do it fast enough! I'm not sure where this so called "refresh" button is when I logged in via the mobile phone, but I cannot believe I wasted all the money for nothing in return!! I've used other credit monitoring sites in the past and never had this issue. STAY AWAY!!!!

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hello Ryan, Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the bad experience you encountered. Customer service is extremely important to us and we encourage our customers to ask for a supervisor if you are not satisfied for any reason. For security reasons and for our customers’ protection we require our customers to call IdentityIQ for information regarding their accounts. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call.

Oct. 28th, 2019

Crystal Ocoee, FL

If I could give zero stars I would. First the rep hangs up on me when asking when I still get the report I paid for be refund it. I was then told by another rep that I was told the following which wasn’t true. Long story short if you’re going to cancel they’re going to keep your money and you won’t get the report you paid for. They told me if I dispute the charges I would be committing fraud. They were closed on the day they charged my card. Really. Definitely following up a complaint with the NFCC see the BBB and the attorney generals office. The nerve of some people. After all they just work for the company they could care less about the quality control on a call.

Reply from IdentityIQ

Hello Crystal, Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the bad experience you encountered. We have messaged you privately asking for your email address so we could look further into this issue and reach out to you but we never heard back. Customer service is extremely important to us and we encourage our customers to ask for a supervisor if they are not satisfied for any reason. For security reasons please call IdentityIQ for information regarding your account and experience. Our customer service phone number is 877-875-4347. Please give us a call, we'd like to make this right.

Feb. 11th, 2020

Gregory Franklin Fairburn, GA

Everything im looking for on the site is very easy to locate!!!! I Love when its not hard to understand an web page. Thats all you can wish for.

Thank you, Gregory!

MsLena Vacaville, CA

I have really enjoyed being a customer of identityiq. The reports are clear and easy to understand. It has really helped me get things in order

K. Gorman Farmington, NM

Overall, I would keep using identityIQ. I do get alerts related to my credit and new accounts. The only I do not get is when my credit has been updated in my scores have changed . I am in the position of repairing my credit so if I can see my credit changing I could see my hard work paying off .

victoria Mason, OH

Easy and simple explanation of my information is helpful

Dean h Bolingbrook, IL

Very easy to use and fairly priced. Would highly recommend using if you are trying to rebuild your credit.

Kara G Chickasha, OK

This company has truly been amazing! Only thing that doesn’t make sense is why the scores shown on here don’t match what the bank or lending companies show.

Chein B St Louis, MO

Make sure to thoroughly expalin how the cencellation process works for the free trail. I was told i had 7 days to cancel and upon the seventh day i tried cancelling at about 10a but the am, very early, like 12:30a on the bginning of the seventh day i was charged/billed. And when i called to inquiry the rep was very rude and dismissive

Daniel Wortham Oklahoma City, OK

Think it should update weekly instead of monthly

Bob Budow Albuquerque, NM

The only complaint I have is that I have to wait to long to refresh my scores other than that everything is good

Damon J Jackson Las Vegas, NV

I commend the services provided by IdentityIQ, as I feel they are like family who has my best interest and security as their priority. Please continue to keep up the great work guys!

Evette Jones Royersford, PA

I am still in process of repairing my credit with the help of your company so far the time that I have been a client of yours so far is been wonderful I’m seeing a great fast improvement

Latashia A Quail-Mapp Milford, DE

Very easy website to use, no problems at all.

Leslee Pasadena, TX

If you want a trust worthy site that can provide you accurate data about your credit and provide identity security, this is the company for you! It has been very useful for me as someone who is in the process of buying my first home! Both my credit advisor and realtor use the information from this site to determine my most accurate scores.

Marsha Jumpp Mount Vernon, NY

It helps with alerting me when something hits my credit

Andre Houston, TX

Great website love the detailI am professional staff

Avalon Stenson Richmond, VA

I love how committed, dedicated and knowledge the customer care is , and don't mind explaining things to you and are genuely concerned about the customers Finacial success

Christopher Hillebrand Rossville, GA

It sounded like they were having a party every time I called. When I spoke to the operator she asked me the same questions repeatedly, as if she didnt remember asking the same question one sentence prior in our conversation. Terrible customer service and terrifying to think these people would have anything to do with me or any of my personal information in any way... beware!!! *update* I received a call from identityiq in regards to this and was refunded the last 2 months service fees, expressed a sincere apology and explanation of their plan to mitigate the problems within. They stressed to me they did not want to end on a bad note.

Alvin Acosta San Marcos, CA

Only way to cancel is call in. Most inconvenient. Do not recommend.

Alexia leduc The Bronx, NY

I love how they show you everything & always on top of your credit

Shelby Fort Worth, TX

Offered a credit report for 1.00. Took that, received no report now they start taking 21.99. Do not even listen to these scammers.

Tyra Reyes Chester, VA

I called in last month to cancel this money on the 15th they still took 21.99 was told it would bw refunded but that was a lie i regret ever signing up they did nothing but get paid for nothing give me back my money

C. Leatherman Blue Springs, MO

Rude! I will not be using there company! Bottom line all these thing's do, is take your money..... That's it I would steer clear of anything to do with credit repair, or these's kinds of companies. ☆ Don't try and put this on me, your reps are rude and I stand by my comment about this full of BS company! People please do your research on company's like this, they don't do nothing for you. Except take your money! That's it..... They don't help you with anything!

Reply from IdentityIQ

Our company provides credit reports, credit monitoring services, and identity theft protection for consumers. We are not a credit repair company. We take negative feedback very seriously and strive to provide our customers with the best possible experience. In reviewing your call, it appears that you were trying to cancel your wife’s account in addition to your account. Due to security and privacy reasons, we can only cancel an account with direct permission from that account holder. We do apologize for any inconvenience that was caused.

Jan. 11th, 2019

Jennifer Woodman mcclellan Weaverville, CA

Great! Easy to use. Very affordable. I would defiantly use them again..

Anissa Jackson Saltillo, MS

Great protection, great customer service easy to manage website and very detailed oriented I would definitely recommend this site to anyone. Thanks Anissa Jackson

Carl Los Angeles, CA

Keeps me up to date on any inquiries it's nice to to be notified when there's activity on my credit

Hazel Brown Belzoni, MS

I love Identity IQ because it keeps me updated on if there any changes to my credit and if anyone is inquiring about my credit. They keep u alerted and it’s affordable, thank u.