IdentityIQ

6.6

IdentityIQ

verified
Identity protection services starting at $6.99 per month

IdentityIQ has provided consumers with identity- and credit-related protection solutions at affordable monthly rates, as well as identity theft education programs to corporate and academic associations since its founding in 2009. The privately-held, Nevada-based company also helps customers with identity restoration if the issue happens before signing up. The company's goal is to help customers understand what can impact their credit and personal identity as well as give customers access to a variety of data sources and help them sense identity fraud as well as understand how that data can affect them.

The Good

• Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services
  • $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
  • IQ Center and Resource Page

Affordable Monthly Plans

IdentityIQ offers people four affordable monthly protection plans which range from $6.99 to $29.99 per month. The Secure Plan costs $6.99 and includes daily credit report monitoring for one credit bureau, dark web and internet monitoring, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, social security number alerts, synthetic identity theft protection, file sharing network searches, lost wallet assistance, U.S.- based identity restoration services, checking account report, and Opt-out IQ.

The Secure Plus Plan costs $9.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plan along with IQ alerts with application monitoring and change of address. The Secure Pro Plan costs $19.99 per month and includes everything from the Secure Plus Plan along with enhanced three bureau credit reports monitoring, enhanced credit report monitoring, alerts on crimes committed in your name, and credit score change alerts. Lastly, the Secure Max Plan costs $29.99 and includes everything from the Secure Pro Plan along with credit score tracker, credit scores simulator, family protection, and fraud restoration with LPOA.

Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services

IdentityIQ works with all three credit bureaus to help customers monitor their credit activity. Customers also receive daily alerts and monthly credit scores. Select plans feature a credit score simulator, which provides consumers with information about how certain activities affect credit ratings.

The enhanced credit monitoring service that customers can receive with select plans involves change alerts like authorized credit card users, closed trade lines, going over the limit on a bankcard, collections, decreases/increases in collection balances, lost or stolen card, new charge-off, new foreclosure, paid collections, paid trade lines, retail card goes over the limit, 10 point decrease/increase in TransUnion credit score.

$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

The company offers customers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance that includes stolen funds reimbursement, coverage for lawyers and experts, and personal expense compensation. If a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, IdentityIQ will make sure they receive personal identity restoration and insurance services.

IQ Center and Resource Page

IdentityIQ provides customers with self-service access to an online IQ center. Users can use the online IQ center to access a library of educational articles on identity fraud protection. Members may also contact a customer service representative for assistance at any time.

The company provides customers with a resources page on its website that covers how an identity thief can steal a person's identity  including dumpster diving for identity documents and identity property, mail theft, change of address, stolen wallet or purse, pretexting, e-mail messages/phishing, wireless hacking, shoulder surfing, credit card theft and skimming, unsecured website, and digital identity hacking. The company's website also offers information about how quickly an identity thief can steal identities.  IdentityIQ provides this information to help customers learn how to better protect their digital identity, various identity documents, and other identity property.

The Bad

Time in Business

The company is noticeably younger than many other companies within the industry as it was founded in 2009. Due to its relatively short time in business, IdentityIQ may lack identity management experience and reputation in comparison to its older competitors.

The Bottom Line

IdentityIQ strives to provide a one-stop shop for all customers' identity management needs. The company also offers people a number of attractive features to protect their identities from identity fraud, including affordable monthly plans, comprehensive credit monitoring services like social security number monitoring and credit reports monitoring from the major credit bureaus, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, and an extensive online IQ center and resource page. IdentityIQ offers also comprehensive, U.S.-based identity restoration services to each person who becomes a victim of identity theft while using the company's services. Unfortunately, IdentityIQ is a younger company in the identity theft industry.

3.9

John
October 5th, 2018 Plano, TX

I'm really impressed with the way that they handle business and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who would like to have more security about their on personal and business life.

David winiarski
September 27th, 2018 Island Lake, IL DETAILS

Easy to use and understand. Great value, everyone should use this service.

Donna Woodson
September 27th, 2018

You let me know if someone is trying to steal my identity and report any suspicious activity. Thanks so much.

Knoll Duncan
September 27th, 2018 Beaufort, SC DETAILS

Website is awesome lots of good information and honestly every question I’ve had I found the answer on the website!

Cassandra
September 17th, 2018 Augusta, GA DETAILS

I used their services to sign myself up first and everything was all good, but once i signed up my husband i ran into an issue. I signed my husband up and instead of them charging me for a trial they charged my credit card $29.99. I was so pissed and will not use their service again. I called in and let the rep from the company know what had happened and they wanted to speak with my husband when it was my credit card and my husband did not have access to my credit card. I had to text my husband my credit card info. The reason i was signing up for their services was because we was trying to work on our credit. I hate companies that try to give you a hard time. My tip to anyone would be to use a user friendly company because they are not.

William evans
September 14th, 2018 Bear, DE DETAILS

I have used identity q and very pleased they alert me anytime my credit has changed!i will use them again.

Katherine B Chapman
September 12th, 2018 Lakewood, WA DETAILS

I joined while going through a debt elimination program. It allowed me to keep track of my credit and visually see my credit go from horrible in the 600’s back up to 700 and still climbing. It has also allowed me to see which companies still have derogatory comments about my credit.

brett harper
September 7th, 2018 Hale'iwa, HI DETAILS

Signed up for them because I was told to from Sky Blue Credit Repair . Thought scores were accurate until after 4 months I went to try and apply for credit. The score I was given from the lender was 45 points lower than what identity IQ states. How does this happen when your paying 21.99 for a monthly service. Thought maybe it was a fluke so tried another lender, nope still the same, 40 points below the scores that I was paying for. Do not waste your money with this place. Not accurate what so ever.

Andrea Burnam
August 9th, 2018 Austell, GA DETAILS

Great customer service. Keeps me updated with any changes being made to my credit profile.

Eric
August 7th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

We are very happy with the service we have gotten and would recommend to all of our friends.

Joel A
August 7th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Great services all around, would definitely recommend.

Juleisa
August 6th, 2018 Allentown, PA

Yes I like this service you could see your score an all that I recommend this service to everyone

Jaime Huckeba
August 3rd, 2018 Garner, NC DETAILS

We utilized Identity IQ during a time we were rebuilding our credit and found that their services were worth every penny. The reporting was accurate and the ability to see how our scores were improving was very valuable to us. We plan on getting back to using their services once we've finished the additional expenses we're incurring due to purchasing a new home!

Erica Bonilla
July 31st, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

It’s informative. I have had it for awhile. They used to include the tracking chart now you have to upgrade. Overall it’s a good account to have

April King
July 30th, 2018 Clearfield, UT DETAILS

Accidentally got another report that I already got day before and called them right after and they wont refund the 14.99. Dont go with them because if u accidentally click view instead of refresh u get charged double

Keith J
July 27th, 2018 Bayonne, NJ DETAILS

They're are great at monitoring my credit and keeping me updated of all changes. The website is easy to use and navigate. I would definitely recommend then to anyone.

Gladys
July 25th, 2018 Riverside, CA DETAILS

I signed up with Identity IQ for the 7 day trial, however when I accessed my credit reports and experienced how easy it is to navigate through their website and the accuracy of the credit reports , I decided to stay and cancelled my service with the other company (which was more expensive). I read some of the last reviews, and I must say customer service at IdentityIQ has been an exceptional experience for me. The representatives are very helpful and friendly when I call, which is very often since I have questions every time I get an alert. I have recommended Identityiq to my friends and family. Thank you for all your help!

Jose arellano
July 25th, 2018 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS

I'm very satisfied with identity Q They always notifie me of changes on my credit report

Joe Gafford
July 25th, 2018 Thackerville, OK DETAILS

I had my credit worked on and needed to see day by day the credit score so I could communicate with my credit fix man. They are great!!!!!

Lover Barnes
July 25th, 2018 Montgomery, AL DETAILS

IdentityIQ is a very useful tool for me in my journey to get my credit the way that it should. It very direct and easy to understand to know what you need to do.

Cecil Marie Harris
July 25th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Positive feed back. Very accurate. I would recommend to others

Eddie
July 23rd, 2018 Pasco, WA DETAILS

Customer service is the greatest I really recommend this great people to anyone.

HILDA LOPEZ
July 20th, 2018 Ontario, CA DETAILS

Its good to be monitoring you credit score in one page, you can see how it goes better and how you are using it, very nice

Beatrice DeJesus
July 17th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Efficient and reliable, monitors your credit and gives you an accurate credit score l!

Rose
July 16th, 2018 Warrenton, MO DETAILS

Works as it should. Good customer service

Jacqueline Zacarias
July 18th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Always on point with any changes happening on my credit.

Tammy Timmons
July 11th, 2018 Montgomery, AL

I am really please with your service. Awesome Customer Service

Jon
July 9th, 2018 Carrollton, TX DETAILS

You have helped so much with spotting problems within my credit. I appreciate all that you have done.

Ryan Howard
July 5th, 2018 Devon, PA DETAILS

I received my membership through my job. Identity IQ has done a great job of keeping me informed of what is going on in my credit report.

Donald Porter
July 5th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Your service has been prompt and dead on. I just want to say, keep up the good work.

Gabe Beattie
July 5th, 2018 Brandon, FL DETAILS

Great company for credit building, credit review. Customer service was excellent

Stephanie Eggers
July 5th, 2018 Rosamond, CA DETAILS

The idea is great. However the customer service wasnt very clear on how their product works (the lowest plan). They also are hard to understand. A bit pricey for the product.

Akosua Darko
July 5th, 2018 East Hartford, CT DETAILS

I love the services they help me keep tracks of my credit report

Ralph
July 2nd, 2018 Dale, TX DETAILS

I believe this is just one to help better your future in the way to help view your score and to be able to help better your life

Maria Arevalo
July 2nd, 2018 Buda, TX DETAILS

IdentityIQ is a great tool for monitoring and staying on top of your credit! I love that they email you every time there are any changes in your credit report!

Chely
June 28th, 2018 Perth Amboy, NJ DETAILS

Identity IQ is worth the money.They keep you up to date and alert you of any suspicious activity or credit change.

Perry
June 28th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

Correct service am fully satisfied with everything will sure recommend this service to friends

Shameaka
June 27th, 2018 Suitland, MD DETAILS

Identity IQ is one of the best credit monitoring providers I’ve used. They update me via email when there’s been change to my credit report and/or score. I think the monthly fee is reasonable for the services received.

Kateri McKnight
June 26th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

This company has assisted me in monitoring the progress of my credit repair. I am glad that I can get all 3 credit bureau information from this one site. It's actually better than having a membership with the actual individual bureaus.

John Ames
June 25th, 2018 Scott, LA DETAILS

Over good service, easy access, great customer service