IdentityIQ verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

5.9

IdentityIQ was founded in 2009 in Henderson, Nevada. The privately-held company provides consumers with identity- and credit-related protection solutions at affordable monthly rates as well as identity theft education programs to corporate and academic associations. The company also helps customers with restoration if the issue happens before signing up, however it does not offer wage protection or insurance prior to sign-up.

The Good

• Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services
  • IQ Center

Affordable Monthly Plans

IdentityIQ offers affordable monthly plans which range from $6.99 to $29.99 per month and include extensive credit monitoring services, credit score tracking, access to fraud resolution specialists, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services

IdentityIQ works with all three credit bureaus to help consumers monitor their credit activity. Customers also receive daily alerts and monthly credit scores. Select plans feature a credit score simulator, which provides consumers with information about how certain activities affect credit ratings.

IQ Center

IdentityIQ provides customers with access to an online IQ center that includes a library of educational articles on identity theft protection. Members may also contact a customer service representative for assistance at any time.

The Bad

Time in Business

The company is noticeably younger than many other companies within the industry as it was founded in 2009. Due to its relatively short time in business, IdentityIQ may lack experience and reputation in comparison to its older competitors.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

IdentityIQ offers affordable monthly plans, comprehensive credit monitoring services, and an extensive online IQ center. However, the company was founded in 2009, making it one of the younger companies in the industry.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

2.4

November 20th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Professional and caring customer service. They’re processes allowed me to feel as though I had a handle on my credit issues. I’m a big fan of IdentityIQ.

November 17th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

After having some credit issues I shopped around most all of the credit sites out there. I found identityIq to be the most accurate of the scores I compared. I’m glad that I did. I found some recent errors and I was able to dispute them. I’m glad I chose them.

November 17th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

Identity IQ has been a major help in protecting my identity and giving me the proper information to do so. I highly recommend Identity IQ!

October 18th, 2017

Identity IQ is awesome. When i call, the reps are there to answer my questions. My credit report is always up to date and the portal is really easy and reliable. Thanks Identity Iq for being the best !!!!

October 16th, 2017 Fallbrook, CA

We use Identity IQ credit monitoring in order to coach our clients while assisting them in achieving their credit improvement goals. It is very easy to read and manage the account including tasks like resetting payment information. The pricing is affordable and they have great customer service. I highly recommend them for credit monitoring.

October 2nd, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

not sure if the scores where correct. Got dif. scores from other sources

October 2nd, 2017

They are very helpful and thy ehr great the service was good

September 20th, 2017 Capitol Heights, MD'

They are very trustworthy and I trust they will get the problem resolved. However, so far, I paid for three reports and only two of them were showing.

September 20th, 2017 Houston, TX

Their representatives are very knowledgeable and it was the best choice to get my credit right.

September 20th, 2017 Chester, PA

The company's customer service has been good. I use them to monitor my credit and to get a copy of my credit report and credit score.

September 18th, 2017

I started with the free trial. I went in on day 6 which was a Friday to cancel however it was after 5pm. There is no way to cancel online you have to call. But they're only available by phone M-F 8-5. Therefore I was charged the 19.99 that I never wanted. Call today to cancel and even though I've now paid for another month I will no longer have access as of today. It is setup to take advantage of people. Sure I'll call back and cancel but we all know that we forget or god forbid it falls on a weekend and then bam another charge! Bad customer service.

August 17th, 2017 Memphis, TN

I attempted to sign up for the 7-day trial, and the CC I was using kept gettin an error message as being invalid information. I tried 3x to make sure I was not entering in any wrong information, and each time it gave me the error. So I tried my debit card and it worked fine, and I was allowed to become a trial member. I then got an alert that my CC account was pre-authorized $19.99 3X in a row, even though the website was telling me it was not valid. They will do nothing for me, never offered me a free month for my troubles, or anyting but you can call your bank. Pretty bad.

July 12th, 2017

Our credit cards were stolen and I needed some help. The credit card company was great but I wanted better monitoring. I wanted to have someone monitor my identity and my credit. This company had a great price and has consistently given me the peace of mind I needed. They were one of the only ones I could find that gave me reports from all the credit bureaus with monitoring.

March 15th, 2017

This company forces you to call to cancel your membership. Then, instead of letting you run the full course of the month you paid for, it cancels your membership immediately when you call. I would have had 8 days left to my membership but they told me to call back to cancel in 8 days. Which, of course is a scam because they want you to forget to call so they can charge you. Not a fan of companies that behave this way. Credit Karma is free and I see no real difference between the two.

February 14th, 2017 Santee, CA

I get my credit report and my credit scores and it lets me know if anything has changed. I used this service to get a new car and get a better credit card. It even helps me figure out how I can move my score up.

February 3rd, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Deliverable are of quality and reports are accurate and comprehensive Best customer service

February 3rd, 2017

I have been using Identity IQ for three years now. hi sis the best identity theft company that I have tried. Beyond great protection and superb customer service, the program has helped me grow my credit scores. Now, if I want to lease a car or buy a home, I get the best interest rates because my credit has become high. I really like the dashboard as I can navigate so easily. I can get a complete credit history and credit analysis in minutes. This is a product I am going to be using for life!

February 2nd, 2017

I've been using this service for a few years now, and so far it's been wonderful! A few years ago I had my purse stolen with a lot of personal information inside. I wish I had been monitoring my credit then, because I became a victim of Identity Theft a few months after my purse was stolen. Now, I get monthly updates and alerts anytime something changes to my profile. It even alerted me after I got married and changed my last name. For me, you can't put a price tag on peace of mind!

January 31st, 2017 Lake Worth, FL

I'm writing a review of this company because these days you usually never get what you pay for. I bought a new car Saturday afternoon and while I was having dinner that night my phone pinged and I received an email alert that a new credit account had been opened in my name. Of course since the information was correct there was nothing I had to do, but imagine if it wasn't! These guys delivered just as promised. Getting credit scores and credit reports is nice too. I have no idea what company the other reviewers were using, but it certainly was not the experience I had with IdentityIQ.

January 23rd, 2017

This company has been around awhile and really always improving benefits. The Credit Report is presented very well - it is easy to read and use. Receiving data from all 3 bureaus is a great benefit and better than most other sites offerings. You really receive what you pay for and the price is actually very reasonable compared to other sites. Customer service agents seemed very knowledgeable as they were able to answer questions about program and that satisfied my needs.

January 21st, 2017 Wildomar, CA

I have pulled my credit report and several other places online but this is the best display that I have seen yet. The report is much easier to read that the free sites. Good work making an easy to read product, worth the money to have a product that you can actually read and use.

January 20th, 2017

Hoorible company. I canceled a couple days after signing up and they continued billing me and when I called again and canceled they continued billing. 4th time and will see if it sticks. Horrible customer service and in my opinion a total scam. Beware!

January 18th, 2017

This company is great. The plans and benefits they offer are flexible and priced very competitively compared to the market. I have been using them for years and so far its been great. The customer service staff has been very helpful.

December 29th, 2016 El Paso, TX

I think credit karma is definitely way better than this and it's free. Called to cancel on the 15th of the month and had a charge on the 16th. They said it had gone thru on the 14th and they couldn't refund it so apparently I paid for the whole month but can't even use it or get my money back. What a scam.

November 3rd, 2016 Streamwood, IL

This is a great website for getting your credit reports and scores and for fruad monitoring. I tried to cancel once and the agents tried to save me with some scripts they probably have to read all the time, but that kind of thing is normla these days. I like the website and it's legit. I've called customer servcie a bunch of times and they are helpful. You can cancel anytime you want, the agents have to try to retain you just like any other company does wehn you call to cancel so don't beleive the bad reviews on that. I found a cheaper link for the same package which is www.idiqscores.com. It's $10 cheaper than going to the main website.

November 3rd, 2016 Streamwood, IL

October 17th, 2016 Randolph, MA

worst credit check service ever. advise to use a different one. my membership doesn't end until mid November and by October 17 they already say I don't have access to my account due to I cancelled the future memberships. so I have a membership till mid November which I cant use at all. Will never recommend this agency to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

October 12th, 2016

I had called to cancel my subscription 2 months ago but I'm still paying for it and every time I call they tell me my money is not refundable I don't think there a good company at all

September 8th, 2016 Houston, TX

Attempted to cancel this service, they put me on hold for 23 minutes and then hung up. Shady customer service.

July 28th, 2016 Broomfield, CO

I consistently tried to cancel my subscription for their services. First of all, it's 2016 and it's majorly inconvenient that the only way to cancel is to physically call in and wait on line for a customer service representative. When I first called to cancel, the girl asked why I was cancelling and told her I no longer needed the service. She told me she would be able to lower the price to $7.99, and I thought okay fine... $8 to get your credit score and monitored each month. Come to find out that the $7.99 was just for their basic program and I couldn't check anything. When I called to cancel they would tell me I had to call at the end of the month. Then when I would call to cancel they would say your card has already been charged, you will have to call again. SO. FRUSTRATING.

July 5th, 2016 Blue Springs, MO

I have tried to cancel this since March and I keep getting charged every month... They promise me to cancel and they just keep charging me... I am so frustrated with them!

June 17th, 2016 Jupiter, FL

This is nothing but a big scam, I recently couldn't log onto the system with numerous attempts and even calling customer service...So I cancelled the service and received an email stating this cancellation and than a few weeks latter they billed me again for another month....So fine I called looking for them to return my funds since I cancelled the service and the arrogant, rude, customer service agent refused to issue me a refund....Now I have to dispute it with my credit card company.....Going to do It since I am not going to be cheated by this scam of a company....

May 20th, 2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL

the lack of knowledge from your Customer Service and Credit Counselling department is extremely frustrating it seem as though they're reading from a script and cannot deviate to provide any real needed information it's as if they are heartless and unconcern. I know that each of your reps get paid by the hour and seem to only be concerned about that i'm disputing my monthly fee with my bank and demanding a refund for what has yet to be explained to me about my service

May 6th, 2016 Valrico, FL

This company is a scam. We got a simple report from a credit repair company and never signed up for services, and then Identity IQ thought they would just charges our cars for monthly services we never signed up for or authorized!

April 23rd, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

they make it extremely difficult to cancel. still getting charged after I canceled membership. never again

March 4th, 2016 San Clemente, CA

Horrible company. They won't let you cancel online and when you call to cancel, even if you have the rest of the month paid for in advance, they will not let you use it unless you call back. Obviously they're trying to hope that you won't call back in time to cancel and get the charge for another month. Complete waste of time and horrible customer service. Better to choose another company.

March 1st, 2016 Greensboro, AL

Wanted to check my credit score and did I make a mistake. Identityiq is a joke. Tried to cancel twice and still getting charged. Reports are outdated all the time and worthless as in some cases there 4 months old. Can not see why anyone would use this site.

December 2nd, 2015 Manchester, NH

I signed up for this service to work with an attorney to resolve some credit issues. I cancelled my membership and they continued to charge my account. I was supposed to be refunded within 7-10 business days. This never happened. When I called and inquired, I was advised the refund was never processed. Now I have to wait another 7-10 business days. Overall, horrible customer service and an awful experience in working with this company.

November 11th, 2015 Fort Lee, NJ

Identity IQ, is a company based on stealing peoples money by gathering your bank account information from unknown sources, that they will not revile no matter how many times you request and put you on automatic draw till you take a notice.

October 30th, 2015 Lancaster, PA

Don't go with this company. The scores they report are inaccurate and when you get ahold of someone they are completely clueless. I cancelled my account and still got charged then when I called they said oh it's pending it will drop off. It didn't so I called back again and they said oh your bank has to deal with that and I'm like no you need to deal with it you charged it. Josh then replied we can't see it on our end so I can't take it off. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they are all in meetings. He told me to call back again tomorrow. What a joke! This company is a rip off don't do it!