Select Home Warranty Logo

Select Home Warranty

5.9

LAST UPDATED: January 23rd, 2023

Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.7

Steve Sorenson Elkhart, IN

This company sucks and ranks near a scam. I placed my first claim, a ceiling fan. Since I am 70 years old, I can inspect the ceiling fan why it isn't turning on. So I figured, I'll pay the $75 service call, probably a quick fix. No, Select decides not worth coming out and offers me $45 less deductible (which adds up to NOTHING). $700 year coverage and they can't fix a $100 problem.

Rachel Abeyta

Do NOT use this company! I have had home warranty's with all my new homes. This company is the absolute WORST! It takes an average of 50-60 minutes to actually speak to someone, located outside of the US, then when you get them they just read off a screen & are unable to answer any questions outside of what is on their screens. They never have any of their "contractors" available so after 5 days they will allow you to get your own BUT other company has to call Select to speak with the authorization department while in the home & prior to any work being completed. I have experienced this to take upwards to one hour minimum. No plumber, electrician, etc. Is going to wait that long for approval. So they either leave or you pay & cross your fingers it will be reimbursed. On my latest clain I had a sewer line break IN THE HOME, IN THE BATHROOM! On the invoice it specifically says inside excavation with specific wording of Excavation INSIDE, also description INTERIOR sewer replacement: -cut and remove concrete INSIDE to access drain line When I had agent on phone to have him look at the invoice and verify it said INSIDE his response was "Ms Abeyta we hire professionals who know how to read these invoices." STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! If anyone else has had an issue like mine please report to Attorney General to file complaint and local BBB.

artik Chico, CA

It is just a waste of your time, money, and health, they are useless crucks, I was stupid enough to believe their sell agent after that started disaster, send 4 claims, endless time of talking with agents, all claims they declined, send me back 13$ check when I spend 800$

Andi Albanese Duffy Alpharetta, GA

Terrible coverage and customer service. I highly suggest you stay away from Select Home Warranty! The process to file a claim and hopefully secure a vendor to do the work is terrible. I’ve been waiting 3 months and no resolution. The policy is not worth the cost.

TYPE1FITNESS Elk Grove, CA

By far the worst home warranty company. We purchased a 6 year contract. Our furnace has been out for over week (second time in 3 weeks) and they keep playing games telling us to wait another 1-2 businesses days for an approval. It’s in middle of winter and my family have been freezing in the house for a week. There is no sense of urgency or any sympathy for my family freezing in our home. Furnace went out 2 weeks ago and we had to pay out of pocket because they played games and refused to have the tech fix it insisting they order the part (gas valve) because they could get it cheaper. They sent the same tech out for second time because the heat won’t go on and stay on. Tech said the control board is now the problem. We have called every day since Monday and told each time it will be 1-2 days for reply and told something different each time. They are now telling us late on Friday before Christmas holiday weekend they want to send another tech because the one they have a contract with is to expensive!! And it will be another 1-2 business days before they do send someone. They refuse to let us speak to a supervisor or anyone above the reception center. Now my family has to go through weekend and Christmas in the cold because they refuse to authorize the technician they have on contract with. We have been placed on hold for over an hour several times this week and not once allowing us to speak to anyone other than the reception center. They do not care about you or your family or if they are freezing in your home. They play games waiting you out so you pay for it and not them. Worst customer service I have experienced in my life.

Monica Potomac, MD

WARNING: From my experiences, this is the worse warranty company ever. Their goal is to deny your claim no matter what. They do not provide reason for denial (I learned from the contractor), refer you to a contract that has tons of exclusions), do not return your calls including management or automated system for holding spot, do not process your resubmissions although they state 1 to 2 business days, tell you they are escalating your claim and never do because everytime you call for a status they say same thing, etc. Save your money and use it towards the work you may need done. I believe this is a scam. Please save yourself the headache and time and do not select select warranty services for your warranty needs if you must procure a warranty company.

Teena Sweet Tucson, AZ

Please. Do not trust this company. Pay the extra. Make sure claims dept is open 24/7. They offer a lower rate, and bait you to join by allowing you to make payments. I now understand why they offer an extra month if you leave a review. They are not an honest and show no concern for their customers. Most of the reviews I read were from those as myself who had no experience with filing a claim with them. During the coldest month yet with temp in the 20's and highs in the 50's our furnace went out. I called the same day on a Thursday and within several hours heard from an HVAC repairman. He came the next day as early as possible. He was here for several hours and put in the repairs needed around 4pm. I called Select early Saturday morning and was told that since the order came in late and it was the weekend nobody in the claims dept could approve it until Monday. I guess it's my mistake but when you read they have customer server 24/7 one would assume that would include approvals. NOPE! Monday I submit documentation asked for. Tuesday still no resolution. And was told it might not be until Wed by end of day. In their emails they state it may take 24 to 48 hours to hear back. But, end of day Wed is past that. Also, they customer service people are always so apologetic and say they understand. If it was just an appliance broken I would have minded waiting a little. But, this is a furnace. I'm sure they are trained to be a polite as possible. But, through all my calls nothing was done. Each one kept saying it was going to be escalated and someone would get back with me soon. Tuesday after being told it was being escalated I actually got an email from that dept with a different number to call. But, it was the loyalty dept and I was told there isn't a dept called escalations. I cancelled my service. I was told I would receive a partial credit back. If not I'll be back to let you know. I have to wait 1 to 2 days for that email. And 4 to 6 weeks for the check.

C Chandler Daytona Beach, FL

Select Home Warranty is a huge SCAM. I’ve had the premium plan for almost two years now. They denied my first claim because it was filed a week before my plans first anniversary. That issue cost me almost $5000 and no claim money sent. The second issue is my AC/heat unit went bad. It cost me over $10,000 to replace it and a replacement offer of $150. I called to cancel and they told me it would be $75 to cancel and I wouldn’t receive my $150 for the AC unit. I pay right at $50 a month. For 4 months I’ve battled with them over the AC. I’ve never written a negative review about a company but please do not sign a contract with them. I can’t even get my automatic draft to stop drawing from my account. It’s infuriating!

Tammie Gerhard Bixby, OK

FRAUD - buyers beware....I purchased their premium warranty for my daughter and son-in-law when they purchased their home as bothare hard working school teachers. The salesman flat out lied to me, telling us that it would cover the cost of their appliances since they had a home inspection. Now, this company is wanting to pay 180 dollar for a "settlement" towards a 1350 dollar replacement cost of a hot water heater. Their family has been without hot water going on a week, conversing with a call center in Philipine. Got a repairman out finally on Sunday night and now on a Tuesday, they are telling them they never cover the complete cost to replace appliances. Hence, the question of "why, would you pay the cost for their premium package?" That is my definition of fraud. There's a question at the end of this, asking if we received a specific invitation of Select Home Warranty to leave this review. We've called every phone number available - all routed straight to a foreign country. Dear Daniel told me he was from New Jersey, I asked him to tell me the capital of New Jersey. Well, he knows the answer.... now. Apparently their call center employees are directed to lie also. I asked to be routed to the company in the USA...told they couldn't. I want to give a shout out to "OLD REPUBLIC" who we previously had. They are honest. I'm sure there are others, but Select Home Warranty is dishonest (in my opinion) and apparently others.

Marine Salt Lake City, UT

Without exception this is the worst warranty company to deal with. No one understands their own contract, no understands what a plumber has to do to unstop a clogged drain in a bathroom toilet and everyone speaks or understands little English. Their stance is to find any reason to deny a claim, even after you get the plumber on the call with claims to explain what he had to do. Their contract states they cover clogged drains if not caused by foreign objects or roots, but they will not cover a plumbers use of a snake or camera to find/fix the problem, but those 2 items are NOT spelled out as excluded in their policy and besides, how else would a plumber fix a clogged drain line ???. There is absolutely no way to call corp HQ you can only get the claims dept. Seems they make up reasons not to pay on the fly and do not go by their own contract wording, even after you follow exactly the process to file a claim. I have spoken with at least 12 different claims staff and no one, no one understands either how a plumber works or understands their own contract. If its a written exclusion, it's not covered, period, if it's not a written exclusion, then by default it's covered, you just can't make up exclusions as you go along. So in the end they want to offer me $200 "as a jester of good will" against a claim of $822. And we have their top of line contract and this is our only claim. STAY AWAY from the company, they will not pay your claim, you can't speak with anyone in a management position who really understands English or understands a plumber's work or who understands their contract. HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!

CEDRIC BEAVERS St Louis, MO

I had them when I bought the house from the owner and it was great to have when you living in the home for your first year so you can have an idea how this warranty process work and I was pleased with them.

Dean

When we needed them, the fellow who called on us was absolutely terrific and he knew what he was doing. He was courteous and professional. We needed it on a dishwasher. The fellow came out on time and he checked the whole system in case it was an interior panel that was going bad. He did his job and above his job and was extremely professional and polite. They've done everything they promised to do.

Shahab Euless, TX

They provide service on time to the company and I don't have any complaints about them. What I needed they actually provided me. They fulfilled what my needs were. One time it was my dishwasher, one was a breaker issue, and one time it was my washing machine. Whatever issue it is, they always fixed it for me. The customer service people are cooperative.

Drew Lilburn, GA

Select home warranty is a fraud company, please stop advertising it and genuine. I have been played around for three weeks to get the refrigerator repaired but now they say that it's not covered. How is a repair that leaks freon by itself leaking not covered? Nowhere it mentions in t&c. Totally scam and it should be shut down. Very frustrating.

Elena Marin Roseburg, OR

Select Home Warranty is a fraud!!!!! Please do not go through this company. You will get ripped off!! Total Crooks!!! I hope this company goes down the tubes and bankrupt for all the money they have stolen from people. They ripped me off for $500 and are totally useless!!! Like I told them I'll be leaving a nasty review any place I can & hopefully warn some people before they make the same mistake I did.

Rick Marjenhoff Jacksonville, FL

We are not happy with the lack of service. After a year on the agreement, we called SHW to cancel. Per their agreement we are entitled to a refund on the balance remaining on the agreement ($564.00). We have been trying for over a year to get our refund. Our claim has been escalated to a higher person in the company. They keep lying to us, in every way. We are persueing legal action, against them. They get a zero rating across the board. The one star was predetermined by SHW, in order to submit this review,

Brett Folkman

I used them a couple of times for problems. Our fridge went out and it took two weeks to get someone to look at it, supposedly a part was needed, waited another two weeks and then they said they couldn't get the part and would give us $250 towards a new fridge. Went an entire month without the fridge waiting on them. What a joke. I'm on hold trying to cancel the policy as I write this, waiting for the 3rd person I need to talk with to cancel - seriously. Some call center with bad english speakers.

Cleve Lewis Cypress, TX

This company says one thing and does another! They want their money on time but when it is time to take care of an issue, they work to find every excuse not to pay. My heater has an issue, and the tech did come out to look at it. He stated a certain part was needed to fix the issue, and he would let Select know this. A few days later I received an email stating that they needed a picture of the unit and also the maintenance records for the unit. I guess they assumed I did not maintain the unit. I provided them the name and number of the AC/Heater company that has been maintain my unit for the last 2 years. A few days later they stated that they were only going to pay $150!!! WTH?!! Now mind you I have the best policy (platinum) that they sell. They knew exactly what it would cost to fix it as the tech reported to them and it seems they kept making excuses to not pay. So, now I'm pissed, and I call them to contest the decision, the rep pulls up the claim and I advised her I did not agree with the decision, and it seem the company says it will take care of thing, but when it comes time to do so then things change. She states the maintenance records were never received. I advised her that I sent the name, address, of the phone number for the company who does the maintenance and I have an email from the rep stating they would call and request the documents. She then puts me on hold, then she comes back and says "how long has the company been maintaining the unit"? I advised her two years and she then says...."oh well we require that it has to be maintained for at least 3 years"!!!! Are you serious????? I guarantee you if I would have said the company has been maintaining my unit for 3 years then she would have said "oh it needs to be maintained for 4 years"!!!! Now, I am ready to go off...I told the woman to cancel my policy right now, then she has the nerve to launch into speech about giving me a discount on my monthly charge and one free service call.... lady are you a nut job? Oh it gets better, after I cut her off and told her to cancel it like I requested she then comes back and says..."there is a cancellation fee of $75 dollars...Ok now I'm ready to snap!!!!! DO NOT DEAL with this company..little issues they are glad to take care of but bigger issues they work to get out of taking care of it!!! Pay more and go with a better company. The customer service sucks and you are on hold forever, but call to purchase a policy and good old Bob answers the phone right away!!! Oh, and the customer service folks are somewhere in another country and don't have a clue outside of their scripts!! It was like talking to a robot..saying the same thing verbatim over and over!!

Mano Arianpour San Diego, CA

This people do not deserve one star ,stay away from this guys . they have best managed and fabricated web ,which you will see bunch of probably fabricated good reviews . but they don’t let you write your reviews on those . save your money and time stay away from select home warranty . Less than 2 years ago I got select for 2 of my homes, about a year ago my tenant informed me that refrigerator is not cold enough, I called select and after inspection I believe they said compressor acting and is not covering warranty, i said it is part of contract ,they ignored . I didn’t wanted to argue, because I had good tenants in that house I bought new refrigerator, few months later I had small leak in my other house I called again after inspection they said need partial roof and is not covered , I said this material has 30 years warranty why I need partial replacement, they didn’t respond either,I find local guy he charged $500 and repaired small insulation issue and no more problems, 2 week ago I had problems with second house refrigerator. They inspect and they said evaporator leaking , I said it is in your contract (all part and components of refrigerator) they refer to the key word that they use to decline, I told them I was there when they checked and evaporator has not been checked how you know is no good, plus again it is included in part and component of refrigerator which you have it in your contract, they ignored again I check google reviews about select I couldn’t believe how many identical tricks they use on that many people, check it yourself , you will surprise ,probably a company manage to push most recent reviews all away down and bring good reviews up which I hope is not fabricated by someone

Marcus H Woodbridge, VA

Policy not comprehensive and that is not disclosed well on their website. They: 1) They charge the service call fee for each item as opposed to one fee for all items within a labor type (e.g. Plumbing). For example, if you have a facet leak on the first floor and second floor you need two separate tickets for that and will pay the copay(service call fee) twice for same company to service both leaks on the same day. 2) If your washing machine is leaking due to a broken seal the policy will not cover it (and you still have to pay the service call fee). 3) If you facet is leaking, electrical switch is faulty, ice maker is broken or light fixture is broken that is not covered unless you cancel your policy and pay for a new policy that includes an add-on for those items. 4) Once the unit that needs to be repaired reaches a specific age it will not be repaired or replaced. They will send you a small check instead ($50 to $200) for you to replace the unit out of pocket. The check is not disbursed until you purchase the new unit out of pocket and provide proof of purchase. 5) If you pay $2000 for a 5 year plan and you cancel 1 year and 8 months later your refund is only around $200. Never sign up for more than a year with anyone. 6) They do the minimal work to get the item repaired no matter how bad the overall condition of the item is. 7) They don't repair an item if the cost of the item to be repaired exceeds the value of the unit being repaired. 8) They have a practice of dragging out repairs and canceling tickets if you don't respond to a single email within 24 hours. This is after you have paid the service call fee for having a service provider come to your home. 9) Dispenser Water Line that is a part of the refrigerator is not covered. I wish I never left American Home Shield. Based on new research and comparisons I am going to be giving First American Home Warrantee a try. Avoid Select Home Warranty at all cost. A complete rip off.

Lovely daisy Brooklyn, NY

I had to put in a claim for my water heater and select was able to send I actually used in the past to come out the same day to repair my problem. I was so happy that they took so much information from me over the phone so they can get it right the first time. Very happy with the service and will Definitely recommend to my friends and family.

Aaron

I have had to use the warranty once and it was so simple to file a claim! My deductible was exactly what I was told it would be if I ever filed a claim! No issues and no screaming matches trying to get it covered! Thank you Select Home Warranty!

Elaine Ceigler Chandler, AZ

This is the second year I've had Select Warranty. The first and second year both the reps were great! The first year the rep quoted me 1 extra month for free and he waived the 30 day waiting period. The problem being is they never send you any information on what you're getting! Had to use the warranty before 30 days and after many phone calls an arguments they came! This year ... they still haven't sent me anything saying what I get. I've left messages and the rep said he would send me the info! I have nothing stating he gave me 2 extra months for a lesser fee for fixing stuff . Getting ready to cancel if I don't get something in writing!

Judy Murray

In general, I believe all home warranty companies, including Select Home Warranty, have clauses built into policies that a written in a way that makes it hard for consumers to know what is a "covered repair". These clauses are then used to disqualify a repair request. With respect to Select Home Warranty, I was particularly disappointed when I requested the company send a repair person to verify if the problem was what they told me would not be covered so I could at least get it fixed. I was told they do not send technicians to investigate uncovered repairs, but if I had another company fix the problem I could request reimbursement if they determined the problem to be covered by policy..

Luther

I only used them one time, but everybody seemed to be on the ball and a repair person was here quickly. I had an upstairs AC unit that wasn't working and they came and checked it out and thankfully it only turned out to be a thermostat issue.

Justin

They sold me the plan knowing that I live in the west and they do not provide coverage they don't provide true coverage for people on the west they only operate on east coast time and if you have a claim that you're trying to fill and you want to do it in the afternoon even if it's early afternoon you're going to, you have the strong possibility of running into a case for you can't get your claim approved and they're also not open on the weekends so it's incredibly difficult to get a claim approved and get service like this. Again their availability is really poor for people on the west and there aren't very clear about that when you sign up with them but they are friendly enough you know is there decent customer service.

John

they were prompt and they were able to get everything resolved within a reasonable time. I needed my fridge repaired and I just put in a warranty ticket and within one business day somebody got a hold of me and schedule the appointment.

Sylvia

The service is good. They got right back to me as soon as they could and got everything taken care of. It's a lot cheaper than going through a repairman and I'm on a fixed budget. I did have to have them come back when I had a circuit breaker problem because they didn't fix it complete but they did come back and redo and it's now working fine.

Hardik

I needed select home warranty a few different times and it was a great experience. It's very handy and they provide excellent service, though with some kinds of repairs it takes a while and I have to follow up instead of someone reaching out.

Debra

It is affordable. I did have some issues, but customer service was able to rectify them. They give you the contact information for the people that are supposed to be the contractors for the service so make sure they are really contracted and the first people they sent me, I called and they were not contracted and wanted me to pay for the service but they second people that were contracted did a great job.

Linda

I'm very impressed with them, so impressed that I had my brother call and he just got a warranty for his house. Customer support is wonderful, every time I call in, the people know what they are doing and they get right back to you as soon as they can. To get our vacuum system fixed for just forty five dollars was impressive.

Carol

I was happy with them for the most part though when my washing machine went out, they got somebody out within a day or two but then denied my claim and never let me know but it all worked out. When I used them for some electrical, they guy came out the same day and it was great. It didn't transfer with me when I moved, it would have nice if it transferred but everybody was not on the same page when I moved.

Vernon

It was recommended to my by the owner of the house I purchased. I like their customer service, seems to be very respectful and highly professional. Every time I call them they respond immediately. When my garage door came out they responded in a couple hours and everything was taken care of.

Darry

They have knowledgeable service technicians that have been able to get the job done in a minimal amount of time. They sent a tech out for my furnace and once everything was verified it got approved. It took about a week but we got it done.

Bob

I had to recall one claim and they were very professional and very quick. The furnace stopped working and when I called, they had somebody out here the next day and they opened it up and went through it and replaced the thermostat I believe. They preformed what they said they would do and when they said they would do it.

Becky

They respond quickly and get to the point. I had a washing machine that was out of balance and they had to come out and put clips on and everything went really slick. The time request was fairly quick and the repairs were done. Everything as per the contract.

Denise

Our past situations, there have been some good ones and some bad ones. I didn't take the time to read my contract so I discovered that my air conditioning wasn't going to be covered. Though another time I called about it, they came and fixed it. The people are receptive and respond to me timely and were professional. I think the price is appropriate.

Kathleen Norcross, GA

Couple small issues where I've had to call back and check up on things but other than that it's going well. I never had any issues with them not covering something. My dryer broke so they said that they would send me money for it and that took probably a couple weeks.

Paul Leland, NC

The hot water heaters stopped working so I found somebody to fix it. I submit the bill to select home warranty and I got reimbursed. They're reliable and any time I've contacted them the person I spoke to was curious and knowledgeable.

Cecil Austin, TX

We were traveling and our AC broke. The very next morning I called and I think that afternoon it got looked at. The repair person called select warranty to get approval and replaced it and so we were back up and running by early evening that day service within twenty four hours everything was fixed. In Texas that makes a big difference.

Justin Monument, CO

Only times we've had issues they've been resolved quickly. We had a repair issue with our toilet. I called select home warranty they had a guy out in the next couple of days. It was great. When it came time to renew we had way too many phone calls and emails from them. Way to aggressive of a marketing campaign.

Vishal Castle Rock, CO

They were able to send a plumber in a couple days when I called to report a problem. I think the customer service is excellent. They actually understand my problem quickly and try to give me a resolution as soon as possible. The contractors they hire have the same attention to detail. I do think they should give freedom to contractors for them to do their job instead of calling for approval.

John Mathews Mission Viejo, CA

The worst of the worst. You have to jump trough hoops to get them to approve anything, then they don't repair or replace. All they do is throw you $150 and then it's up to you. Cost was $80 to have the service company out, so I really only covered $70 for a $1K job. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Sathvik Aithala Portland, OR

Offered a very good rate for 6 years of coverage. Sales agents were very knowledgeable and helpful for a first time home buyer.

Mary Valentino Bulger, PA

I've had the company for several years without making a claim. I finally make a claim on my washer and furnace. After a month of waiting for them to find technicians they finally told me I would have to find them. Well I Google techs near me a d found a tech which I called on Friday he came on Monday. I was told I would be reimbursed the service fee which was $100. SELECT decided they weren't going to fix the washer because it was to old. This washer was in go ok d shape except for the pump that needed replaced. I ended up losing $175 because I dropped them. They would not refund me the service call plus the charged $75 to drop them. The service I got from this company was extremely poor. I WOULD N OT RECOMMEND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahm Rahim Rockville, CT

This is the first time I have had an appliance warranty with a home warranty. After nine months I made a phone call to fix one of the items in my house. It has been almost a month and a half and still, they didn't fix that item. Today I made another phone call for something else, that technician told me that they can fix it but the select home warranty didn't approve to fix it. I'm not sure why. One of the worst ever and I will never, ever buy a select home warranty again I would suggest everyone not buy the home warranty ever. I will make sure I update this message on social media if they don't fix my item in the next 48 hours. I will put this review on Facebook and other social media pages and google reviews as well just to make sure everyone is aware of this.

renee thomas Columbus, GA

-I would not recommend this company for anyone even if it was free. I filed a claim for my stove 24 days ago. The tech they assigned was horrible no call no show twice, rescheduled twice. when he finally showed he was an hour late. After telling me to send a picture of the serial number and model number, I was told after 3 weeks they can't get in touch with my tech to find out what part number to order. If you have the serial number and model number google can tell you the part number. I was told 24-48 hours for a resolution 2 weeks ago and everytime I call I get the run around. I have requested a supervisor 5 times in the last 2 weeks and have never been connected to one. I am going to file a lawsuit against this company. I have been a customer for 2 years and filed 1 claim this is claim #2 and everyone is useless. I have 3 children and have been without a stove/oven for 24 days. DO NOT NO MATTER WHAT PURCHASE A PLAN WITH THIS COMPANY. EVEN IF THEY OFFER IT FOR $1 THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

KM

This by far the worst customer service to deal with. I went to their online form on Oct 15th, submitted my claim for service on my furnace that would not work properly. I received an email stating that they were looking for a tech to assign. I waited a week and called them back and was told that my case was assigned on Oct 18th, but I had not received anything from the company. They tried twice while I was on the phone to call the company and told me that it was going to a voicemail box that was full. They then told me that they were re-assigning my case and that it would be another 48 hours to get yet another technician assigned. Meanwhile the temps outside had dipped to freezing and it was getting very cold in our home, which I told them and the lady didn't seem to care at all. The lady told me that I needed to find my own technician, because they could not find one. I told her no, that is not right, I am paying you for a service to take care of this while I go and do my job to support my family. She told me, sorry we don’t have any available to assign. She went on to say, I can try to send it back to our team to find a new person for you. Later that same evening I got a message stating that I had been now assigned to B&Z. I thought great, I have their information, I will call them. So I called them and was told that they did not know why SHW was sending them referrals, they cancelled with them months ago, because they still have outstanding bills from SHW from Feb, sorry they could not help me under this warranty, as they do not pay their bills. After this call, I ended up calling and getting service from the company that installed my unit when I had my house built. I am now out the $1049.98 I paid for the 3 year warranty, that this company will not fulfill. Do not trust this company. You are better off with no home warranty than to go with them.

Robyn Engel Rockville, MD

I decided to give SHW a try because they were advertised as cheaper than my previous home insurance company with the same coverage. I soon discovered why. I was with the company for about a year before filing my first claim for an electrical issue. The company told me they were backed up, but if I found my own technician and filed a claim after the fact they would reimburse me. I replied that I could wait until one of their techs was free. Fast forward 6 months and the issue is still unresolved. When I called to cancel the policy because I am finally fed up, they informed me I would have to pay a 75$ cancellation fee - even though I had been paying them monthly for a year and half with no services rendered! This was bar none the worst experience I have ever had with an insurance company - and that's saying something.

Nancy DeCaprio Corona, CA

Buyer beware!!! I have been paying into this policy for over a year. My first call two weeks ago was for my AC. They assigned a serviceman to come out, which took five days. The service man said I had a fuse that blew out and needed a new switchboard. He told me he needed approval from Select Home Warranty and would order the parts. I pay him $60.00 for his service call. Soon after, I got an email from Select Home Warranty requesting pictures of my AC; My husband climbs up in the attic, takes photos, and emails them back to SHW. If that wasn't enough, they emailed us again requesting THREE YEARS OF RECEIPTS proving I have maintained my units! I did not have three years of receipts to send them ! ( Note: We are on week two with no air conditioning ) Then they emailed me a letter stating because I did not have the three past years' receipts, they would only cover $150.00 worth of the cost of the service!!! I canceled this policy with Select Home Warranty and hired a reputable company to repair my AC. When they solicit you, they don't verbally tell you over the phone what is in the fine print of the policy section:9.1 and 9.2. They say over the phone, "We repair or replace your covered item. You pay a minimal service fee. So before signing up with a company, don't trust anything until you see everything in writing. I agreed over the phone and never received a written policy, nor did I sign one until I requested one today, which I still have NOT received!!! Meanwhile, I'm out a year's worth of insurance fees. A wasted service call of $60.00, and to top it off, they are charging me a $5.00 cancellation fee!! BEWARE!!!