Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

2.9

Paul W Miller

July 2nd, 2020 Clifton, NJ

quick follow up by my agent Fred, courteous and reliable service

Ikechukwu Christian

July 2nd, 2020 Beaverton, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I honestly don't have any more time to give to this company, so I will keep it short here and move on. DO NOT PROTECT YOUR HOME WITH SELECT HOME WARRANTY!!! I had two homes with them protected for 3 years and had to cancel both after a year when I realized nothing is going to change with them. They will give you more headaches than peace of mind when it's time to filing a claim or reimbursement. Worst off, it that when I called to cancel, they kept hanging up the call on me, I had to call multiple times, they refused to disclose my refund balance and said a billing agent will follow up with me later. Long story short, they tried to steal my balance to force me not to cancel, but it was not worth it anymore so I still canceled.

JAK2020

July 2nd, 2020 Union City, CA

I spoke with Mark J regarding obtaining a home warranty for the buyer of our home. He provided us with exactly the kind of coverage we needed and honored a promotional price. He was quick and thorough in his work.

cal patronaggio

July 2nd, 2020 Encinitas, CA

So far so good. Haven't had a claim yet but very courteous and professional

Carol Aldridge

July 2nd, 2020 Prineville, OR

The introduction to coverage and reliability and of company with assistance of Jeff toward meeting our protection needs at this time was appreciated!

Darrell Matthews

July 2nd, 2020 Cary, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our sales rep, Jonathan, did a great job of explaining the different plans and options available.

Cheryl

July 2nd, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Maddy was spot on with answers. Switched from choice to here today

Susanna

July 2nd, 2020 Dublin, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Able to use my local contractor if SHW could not find any technician to work with.

Debbie Shaw

July 2nd, 2020 ,

Michele S was a absolute pleasure to work with. She actually made me feel at ease about purchasing this policy! Very genuine! very kind! Five Star at this point!

Jerry Rucker

July 1st, 2020 Athens, GA

Jason T unstood the coverage that i was looking for gave me a good price,and was very professional

Maria

July 1st, 2020 Grovetown, GA

I was reviewing different companies to check prices and customer service. I received a call immediately from Abraham D. He went over what was covered by the policy and the best option for me. If the service I get from the technicians (if I ever need them) are as good, I will be well pleased.

Burton

July 1st, 2020 Lanham, MD

Jonathan S showed excellent customer service. Very informative and answered all my questions with great detail

David Wendel

July 1st, 2020 Thomasville, GA

I liked the industry rating and the cost of coverage. A true rating will come if I ever need your service and how that repair goes.

Billy Taylor

July 1st, 2020 Salina, KS

Very kind and helpful when they called me.

Randy Gibson

July 1st, 2020 Palm Bay, FL

Ed C was very helpful with the package that I choose , and very persistent in his call backs. Thank You Very Much ED. Randy Gibson

Brianna

July 1st, 2020 Lancaster, PA

Zachary was awesome. He answered all my questions that I had and helped me to get the best deal in my area!

David

July 1st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Connor B was outstanding in explaining

Gerald Spence

July 1st, 2020 Waldorf, MD

Ben T was a very cordial and efficient representative. I anticipate enjoying my membership as much as I did in our closing of the deal.

James Nauman

July 1st, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a Select Home Warranty policy for around 2 years. I got it specifically for piece of mind if my AC unit needed repair or replacement. 6 days ago my unit stopped working. I called and could barely understand the rep. on the phone. I ended up waiting 2 days before an AC guy came out. He then charged me $60 and told me that the repairs (electrical issue with the compressor ) would have to be approved. I waited another 2 days before I received an email informing me that they did not cover electrical issues. If you don't cover electrical and don't cover Freon then you don't cover AC units. . Now I have to pay another company to come out and they are saying my AC needs replacing. I feel like this company just collects fees and has no intention on ever covering anything that you need a home warranty to cover. Dont waste your money. Wish I could given then negative stars.

Sharon Taylor-Pippen

July 1st, 2020 Maumelle, AR

It was smooth and easy!! Not time consuming and straight to the point!!

Dindo Olog

July 1st, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

Jonathan S is very courteous and was able to help us with our insurance needs . He is very pleasant and helpful on the phone , very good customer service . Thank you for your help, you are awesome !!!!

Bill Spunder

July 1st, 2020 Beaufort, SC

Answered all questions and gave me the best price possible.

Wei & Chin Chen

June 30th, 2020 Edmond, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased Select Home Warranty yesterday with the help of Ben T , who was knowledgeable about the warranty program and was courteous to handle my questions and purchase. He provided excellent service in all.

B Ha

June 30th, 2020 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great sales representative that explained all of the details prior to signing up. Pricing and coverage are competitive and love the fact that I can choose my own technician.

Ron Curry

June 30th, 2020 La Vergne, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Home Warranty Horrible Service This company is sub par and provides horrible service. They even have the unmitigated gall to attempt to delegate their work which they should be performing to their paying customers. They often are unable to secure service providers to meet the needs of their customers and are generally lazy and unprofessional when interacting with their customers. My advice is to avoid Select Home Warranty at all costs as they are a complete waste of money and time. One of the worst organizations that I have ever encountered!

jason hudson

June 30th, 2020 Lake Forest, CA

I just signed up. Hopefully if I even need to use the home warranty it is as easy and friendly as the initial signing up!

Cindy Staley-Harter

June 30th, 2020 Auburn, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sales associate was pleasant, knowledgeable and easy to talk with as he made sure I understood everything throughout the call. He also was able to answer all of my questions. I am always afraid of calls that ask for private financial information but he was able to make me relax and trust him.

Sherry

June 30th, 2020 Marathon, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The salesman was very helpful. I was purchasing a Home Warranty on my home that I was selling. Ed C helped me with the purchase, and afterwards I had to make some corrections as to the name on the contract. Mr. C saw to it, and quickly! The next day, the closing company wanted a paid receipt, and Mr. C immediately forwarded the receipt. He was very pleasant on the phone and courteous at all times.

Robert Olguin

June 29th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Daniel C is very knowledgeable and professional.

R. E. MAGEE

June 29th, 2020 Madison, MS

BRUCE WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROMPT IN RESPONDING TO ALL MY QUESTIONS. YOUR COVERAGE LOOKS EXCELLENT AND I WAS PLEASED WITH BRUCE'S WILLINGNESS TO RESPOND TO SEVERAL INQUIRIES I MADE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THROUGHOUT TE PROCESS. HE'S A VERY GOOD CLOSER AND THAT IS COMING FROM A 40 PLUS YEAR SALES MANAGER FOR A LARGE REGIONAL CORRUGATED PACKAGING COMPANY WHO TRAINED DOZENS OF SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSONNEL. WE WERE A CHOICE CUSTOMER UNTIL WE CAME UP FOR RENEWAL AND BRUCE CLOSED THE DEAL.

Rae T

June 29th, 2020 Redlands, CA

George S was very helpful in answering my questions and get me started on my plan. George was polite and professional.

Joyce Williams

June 29th, 2020 Temple, TX

Easy and very competitive with the other companies researched. Made the process less taxing and the discounts were amazing. Hopefully its a good company, seem to rank high on research.

YOLANDA WATSON

June 29th, 2020 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give this company a negative rating if I could. They are a fraud. Their advertisement is false; they do not replace. They offer you a replacement amount that is so low there is no way you can replace for that price. If you give them a poor rating they will try to increase you replacement value to get a good rating. Shady business practices, stay away from this company Stay away from this company.

Sarahjb24

June 29th, 2020 Lake Villa, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ed C answered all my questions and was helpful in helping me understand the policy!

Jennifer Brown

June 29th, 2020 Bethany, OK

The representative Sam M was great. He answered all my questions and helped me get the most discounts and the best warranty coverage for my new home. I am new to Select Warranty so I havent had to use their services just yet but I feel comfortable knowing that my home will be covered if something breaks down in my home.

Nancy Cox

June 29th, 2020 New York, NY

Tom B was very helpful explaining my different options.

Max

June 29th, 2020 Miami, FL

I just started my contract today and the costumer service given by Fred L was outstanding.

Randy McElroy

June 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service! Helped me out in a pinch.

Paulette Foreman

June 29th, 2020 Gilbert, AZ

I was very pleased with Fred who helped answer questions I had and got me set up with my home warranty. He was quick and efficient and I feel better that my appliances are now protected.

Pat

June 26th, 2020 Albemarle, NC

I just signed up with select home warranty so so far have no experience with the claims department but if they are as good as the representative, Daniel C then I will be very happy. Have had another warranty company for 4 years and so not happy with them.

renee Pittman

June 26th, 2020 Front Royal, VA

How I'm buying a new home and I wanted to make sure that all my appliances are covered. So I selected the right choice and my monthly charges are at a good price

Yadira

June 26th, 2020 Channelview, TX

Best service representative Chase R was the BEST in kwowledge and service thanks Mr R was a pleasure

Jim Tarter

June 26th, 2020 Smyrna, GA

Zachary was very professional and truly had our best interest in mind

Benjy Grant

June 26th, 2020 , MN

Peter G was very good to work with. Tried to help me get the best deal. Very nice to work with!

Louise Pollard

June 26th, 2020 Santee, CA

Richard Z was very kind, explanation of policy was clear.

Naomi

June 26th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase was nice and knowledgeable about the services provided by the company. He was able to answer all my questions and go the best quote compared to 3 other companies I previously contacted. I hope their good customer service remains the same when and if I ever need to file a claim.

Andree Kolarick

June 26th, 2020 Boynton Beach, FL

Richard Z was very professional, friendly an informative. He helped me to feel at ease while picking my package. Explaining what the differences were. He also informed me of programs where I would keep this years lower rates. No pressure sales. Just a wonderful experience. I saved money before I even started. I look forward to being taken care of by Select Home Warranty.

Kim H.

June 26th, 2020 Granite Falls, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing good about this company. I took out this policy in December 2019. I filed a claim on May 19, 2020 for an air conditioner not working. They did not have technician to send and I was told to find my own. I did and the compressor is bad. I still do not have a resolution. Every time I call I am told it is with the authorizations department and I will receive an email within 24-48 hours. I was asked for pictures and service records on 6/11/20. I sent pics and told the agency that I did not have service records. It was noted and still nothing, not even a denial. I have been hung up on multiple times and even had a supervisor talk very rudely. The supervisor said the contract stated we needed service records and we violated. I explained the contract stated they would provide a technician, so they were in violation as well. The supervisor said he would give us $250. We told him we wanted to talk with someone about cancellation and a refund. He said someone would call us back. Of course that didn’t happen. We called back and inquired about a refund. We were told the amount they would refund. We asked to speak to another manager because that amount was unacceptable. We got hung up on again. We called back and was told our policy had been canceled. We stated we did not cancel, we only inquired. They said, “ that’s not what is written here.” We have been unable to get anyone else on the phone since then without getting hung up on. We are returning to American Home Shield.

Dayna Nichols

June 26th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

I was able to get all of thoe information quickly online and immediately received an email personally from Maddy L, a sales rep. she also called me and answered all of my questions and gave me excellent service and suggestions. Now I will follow-up with her whenever I have an issue that I do not understand as I feel she will do her best to help me find a great solution.

adnanaalisic

June 26th, 2020 Glendale, AZ

Customer service representative was kind and efficient. Very helpful with my needs for my warranty plan he explained everything... Thank you.