Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

3.6

Mary Walters

January 11th, 2021 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Moe H. was very patient and helpful. We have never purchased a home warranty before and he gave us plenty of time to mull it over (2 weeks). Thank you for your patience!

Select Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Select Home Warranty

Jan 11, 2021

Joyce Fitzgerald

January 11th, 2021 Virginia Beach, VA

Jonathan S is truly an asset to your company. Very experienced, knowledgeable, professional and considerate. I enjoyed working with him which resulted in a six year home warranty contract with your company.

Select Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Select Home Warranty

Jan 11, 2021

Roy Dalmacio

March 6th, 2021 League City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is just awful. I had a claim submitted on a Wednesday to fix my drain problem. They said wait 1-2 business days for someone to reach out or call you. Two days had past and nothing. I called back Saturday and they told me I had to wait till Tuesday next week for a reply. So I was patient and waited. Fast forward, a technician finally came Thursday the following week and looked into the problem and wasn't able to fix and suggested I call back SHW to send out a plumber. It took forever for the customer service rep to answer then when I finally got someone, he said we need to submit a new claim and wait another 1-2 business days. I could personally find my own plumber within the day and get the problem fixed right away. I'm totally livid. Had to cancel since their S.O.P. totally sucks!

Mary Trask

March 6th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had them come out for a dishwasher and I paid the service call the technician came out and looked at the dishwasher he was here about 20 mins. I was told the motor was shot the dishwasher was 28 years old and I had not had any problem with it until now. They denied the claim as they said it was installed improperly, I had to laugh. The dishwasher was 28 years old and it worked fine. They will make any excuse not to pay for a replacement so don't believe the the sells pitch I would not recommend this policy to anyone.

Geovani Diaz

March 5th, 2021 Chandler, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lucas was very friendly, knowledgeable, and followed up when he stated he would.

Sharon Shaw

March 5th, 2021 Macomb, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up for my home warranty I don't know how the company is right now but I will say I got one of the best deals for the insurance premiums aroundI can't rate the trustworthiness as of yet because I haven't had to make a claim I just signed up

Tim Bradley

March 5th, 2021 Camarillo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a Home warrant plan in which the sales person Noah C. kept making the deal better and better. Eventually we agreed to a 5 year plan, which became a six year plan. I asked for him to include my icemaker, which, in writing, he agreed. Now several months later the icemaker is not working. I called with my problem and very specifically told them it was my icemaker. The technician company called and an appointment was made. The technician was very courteous, although he spoke very, very minimal English. He showed me the problem and told me the icemaker basket would require replacement. Several days later I get an email informing me that the icemaker is not covered. I called and spoke to a representative who spoke very limited English but I was told that the icemaker is not covered. When I explained that I have it included as an addendum, in writing, I was basically informed "too bad". I have sent several emails to Noah. Not one has been returned. When I finally spoke to him (I called) he said he was two weeks behind responding to emails. One month later and still crickets. This is a very dishonest company. Buyer beware!!! I would never recommend this company. And their customer service is as poor as any I have ever encountered in my life. Tim Bradley

carla mccrae

March 5th, 2021 , FL

Isaac, the sales representative was very informative and offered me money saving discounts. I am glad I chose Select for my home warranty coverage!

sonya Tapley

March 5th, 2021 Essex, MD

The salesman Ben T. was very honest , professional and kind. I appreciate that. No heavy sales pressure.

Herbee

March 4th, 2021 Los Angeles, CA

Ray S. provided me with excellent and friendly service.

barbarawilliams

March 4th, 2021 ,

Tom was very helpful an he answered all my questions.

Ramona Thompson

March 4th, 2021 Mobile, AL

Tom was very thorough with his explanation of how your program works and options that are available. He took the time to answer all of my questions. It’s really hard to rate the company having never filing a claim.

Mary Merritt

March 4th, 2021 Duluth, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My agent Lucas S. was very helpful in me finding all of the products that I could possibly need. Very helpful & Pleasant.

Debby Taube

March 4th, 2021 Baltimore, MD

The salesperson Jonathan was very patient and helpful. He took the time to answer all my questions (I am giving 5 stars based on my conversations with Jonathan. I have not experienced any services performed by Select Home Warranty yet so I cannot truly rate your company)

MP

March 4th, 2021 ,

Sean was awesome! He was polite, professional and provided alot of information. I had not intended to purchase right away, but he did a good job at the sale, i decided to pull the trigger.

Lev Spivak

March 4th, 2021 El Monte, CA

The fact that company not only warrantee the stackable washer and dryer, it also services them. The other major competitors are not and expect the customer to unstack these themselves. I leave in the retirement community and will be certainly happy to recommend the Select Home Warranty to my neighbors.

AlGee

March 4th, 2021 Black Mountain, NC

Daniel C. was very responsive and gave a great description of their policy.

Marlo Preis

March 4th, 2021 Scotts Valley, CA

Nice people to work with, got the information I needed to feel good about this coverage

Grace R

March 4th, 2021 Hesperia, CA

I recommend Select Home Warranty to all my friends and family. My sales representative Ian A. was extremely knowledgeable and personable. Ian explained the different warranties and was Professional and polite.

Toni Purdy

March 4th, 2021 Bullhead City, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So helpful and all the knowledge one needs to have to ensure your home is protected. Honest.

Jess

March 4th, 2021 ,

I received a call from Elliott J. with a quote for a home warranty. He was able to explain everything to me and answer my questions. I decided to go ahead and sign up after hearing what a great deal it is and how easy the company seems to be to work with.

Joseph Covert

March 3rd, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was pleased with the professionalism of the contact person that took my information. He explained the contract well. I appreciate the help. Joseph Ernest Covert Ashtabula, Ohio.

Rick Saroff

March 3rd, 2021 San Mateo, CA

The guy on the phone Sol was very helpful and very nice and did a great job Thank You

Marie J Charles

March 3rd, 2021 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Don’t know much about SHW. But Mr. Richard was very professional. He took the time to explain the coverage. I can’t wait to actually use the service.

Douglasrd

March 3rd, 2021 Houston, TX

Ben T. was awesome. Very helpful and patient with my questions.

Bryan headley

March 3rd, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bruce was great to work with, very professional an explained the service well

Tippy Necole

March 3rd, 2021 Shorewood, IL

I had been debating getting a home warranty, since I got my place August 28, 2020. I had been getting bombarded with mail about home warranties. I googled the top home warranties and Select Home Warranty was one that was listed. I started the process online and received a call within the first couple minutes. The Agent answered my questions and put my fears to rest.

Rochelle Mason

March 3rd, 2021 Gatesville, TX

Peter G, was very helpful during the process of my application. He gave us a great price on our Home Warranty!!Thank you

David

March 3rd, 2021 Novato, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ben was very knowledgable, very helpful in explaining the different options, servcies, costs, service fees, etc. This helped me in making an informed decision. This company was 33% yearly and 75% more ( the annual increase) for the service fee than the company AHS which I had been with for seven years. I had almost no service calls with this company in seven years and if I did the service fee I paid covered 75% of the cost. Thank you Ben! Sorry AHS. Let me see how they perform if I have a service call.

Susan Outz

March 2nd, 2021 Warner Robins, GA

Sol A.B was wonderful helping me set up a home warranty for the home we are selling. This will provide the buyers with peace of mind over the next year. Thank you for your excellent care Sol!

Fred A Dyson

March 2nd, 2021 , IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ben T. did a very good job when I called he made sure I understood everything and gave me a good deal on my warranty

Joan F.

March 2nd, 2021 Clarksboro, NJ

I spoke with Mark J. who was very helpful and answered all of my questions.

GARY TEBEEST

March 2nd, 2021 ,

so far so good george s was willing to work with me and I think he did a great job

Roger Renslow

March 2nd, 2021 Peoria, AZ

I called to inquire about the service and was happy to get a thorough explanation of the plans and coverage in words I could understand. I did not hesitate to start plan.

Mary Foster

March 2nd, 2021 Vacaville, CA

I only joined today, however Alan S. made me confident that I was making the best choice for my needs. Hopefully I will not need to make a claim but I am sure all will go well if I do.

Ricky Galeon

March 1st, 2021 Oakland, CA

Nice customer service. Steven K. gives me some infos to save much more.

Jay Castor

March 1st, 2021 Sahuarita, AZ

David W. was a very good representative for the company and I really felt he got me the best price possible. Will refer others!

gasp2033

March 1st, 2021 Destin, FL

Steven K. did a good jog getting me the new contracts for our 2 houses. I was so frustrated with American Home Shield and their customer support.

WS

March 1st, 2021 Shelbyville, IN

Sean was knowledgeable, courteous and provided great options. Appreciate the patience he had for the questions and clarity provided.

Michael Spratt

March 1st, 2021 Newport News, VA

He was very honest when we spoke on the phone!

William Elliott

February 28th, 2021 Keller, TX

Agent made several attempts to contact me before we connected. He was totally positive about the company. I have had contracts with several home maintenance companies. Select Home Warranty is highly rated so I expect exemplary service. Agent was able to answer all my questions and provide positive information concerning Select Home Warranty. Hoping for a long and positive relationship.

Skippy Peanut

February 28th, 2021 High Point, NC

Follow up CSR LUCAS was superb at answering my many, many questions completely and to my satisfaction. Lucas never once interrupted me or talked over me. It is refreshing to have such a nice experience when making such an important purchase. His call deserves a BIG 10 score!!!!!!!

Tina Lee

February 28th, 2021 ,

George was excellent, he was not only explained the warranty well but also had great customer service.

Kelly J Beard

February 28th, 2021 Windermere, FL

Their 6 year locked in rate for the price of 5 years with added roof leak protection and discount for people over 50 was incredible!

Nancy France

February 28th, 2021 Katy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great service, friendly people. Good customer service

Tammy Elkon

February 28th, 2021 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a policy from Ryan B. He boasted about top quality claim support. My first claim is still outstanding. #Very disappointed.

Ginny

February 27th, 2021 Mesquite, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lucas S. professionally informed me of the plan options but respected when I wasn’t interested in all of them. He was patient to find a plan that worked for me!

Abby R.

February 26th, 2021 ,

Moe called to explain the different coverages and helped me get the best one for me at amazing prize!

Priscilla Bardes

February 26th, 2021 Cincinnati, OH

My Agent, Belinda S., is Fabulous!!! Belinda really helped me find the best plan with the greatest bang for the buck! I am excited about a stress free home ownership life with Belinda S. and Select Home Warranty.

Bill Brooks

February 26th, 2021 Goldthwaite, TX

Salesman presented all options, worked to get additional discounts. We received an additional senior discount and elected to go with a six year coverage. Great value and peace of mind to know unexpected appliance failures will not wreck a fixed income budget!