Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.4

Edwin Romero

November 23rd, 2020 Frederick, MD

I have never been more frustrated and angry with a company than with Home Select Warranty. They are all about screwing the customer and making money. I moved and they counseled me to transfer the policy to the buyer of my property, so I did, coming to find out they canceled my policy, no reinstatement available, in fact, the gentleman I spoke with had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to buy another policy for the buyer or for myself (new property). The worst mistake I made in my life was to purchase a 3-year policy with them, no ethics or empathy, and I really hope they are out of business soon. If you really want to be screwed and be taken advantage of by a company, buy a policy from Home Select. My worst experience with a merchant thus far! Stay away

BoBBy KhAn

November 23rd, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

if I could give negative stars I would- Im surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit against these people. Below is the fine print on their claims for anything. this is how they get away with it. The cash settlement shall be in an amount not to exceed the depreciated value of the component/appliance being replaced. They quote you on the depreciated value of the part you are claiming- so that could be anything that they deem as valid. Customer service is a joke, plus to cancel they charge all these fees ( $75 to cancel plus any prorated amount ).

Elliott Fowler

November 20th, 2020 Park Forest, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best Company is an outright LIE! No service just runaround. After three tries a tech shows up to fix my furnace. No heat 3 days running.. Pay this joker $75.00 to walk in. H thumps and bumps around in my attic for 40 min. and still no heat. You need a $400.00 board. And away he goes. It was Friday night. Select does not work weekends. Two more days no heat. I call super tech and he says Select has not authorized board. I called Select and mor runaround about my claim................enough!! I called a local HVAC outfit who works with my gas company Nicor. Thier guy came out, spent 20 min. and lo and behold HEAT!!!. I asked need a board? He said nope just a simple adjustment. The visit was no cost to me!!!! I have been fighting with the elusive Solution Squad for three more days. And the parts changer keeps trying to come put in the mysterious Board. Stay away fro Select Home Warranty at all cost. If you have them, drop and run!!!!!!

Very Unhappy

November 20th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am not sure if I have ever had this BAD of an experience with a business in my life and I have been around for a while. The two time I attempted to use this company I paid the bill, first after waiting two weeks for a plumber the day he showed up I was told they did not cover the problem and read my contract (that cost me almost $1300.00) the second time I needed the it again took two weeks and they again informed me they would only cover the toilet and that I would need to pay for the service ($450.00) so I cancelled there service, a moth later I called to see when I could expect my ck and was told they new nothing about my cancellation? so I paid them $1200.00 for three years service I cancelled eight months later and they tell me that I should get a check for around $450.00. I need to say the amounts I have noted are NOT exact totals but are very close. I am typing this just after getting off of the phone with them and not in a good mood.

Janice Swint

November 20th, 2020 Hot Springs, AR

He sounded like he was tired. He interrupted us a lot. I had spoken with another rep a while back and thought that it was time to change from AHS.

Deborah o Williams

November 20th, 2020 Douglasville, GA

I have not tried or used the warranty yet,but I am pleased with the service i had with my sales man Bruce A,

Lora1794

November 20th, 2020 Waxahachie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I filed a claim in August and I’m still waiting for them to fix my stove. Their customer service is horrible and they never respond or pay for anything.

Pamela Lopez

November 19th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They get service men/women out to homes fast. You need to read the agreement very carefully.

Gwen Jones

November 14th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Bruce A did a great job assisting me to get the right warranty pkg for my home. I have recommended 2 other family members and he did a great job for them aas well.

Michael M.

November 14th, 2020 Dunedin, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The BIGGEST LIARS EVER!!!! I brought a home warranty from this company for my home. When I discovered my bathroom shower was not dispensing hot water I called for service. Well as they usually do they denied the claim. Then they told me that if I purchase an additional policy for fixtures it would be covered, so I brought the additional policy. Then 48 hrs later I get another email stating that the repair still wasn't covered! I asked for a refund of both policies and I haven't heard from them in 3 days now. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE THE BIGGEST LIARS OUT THERE!!

Otelo

November 12th, 2020 La Puente, CA

My sales agent Ben T has been very helpful in the buying process. Even after they received payment my questions and phone calls were answered quickly and diligently. Now I am just looking forward to using the home warranty and writing a more detailed review about the service, but from what I read online it seems to be great. Will update in a few months. Thanks!

Kelsi

November 12th, 2020 Houston, TX

Lucas was very nice and had great customer service. He made sure I was happy with my choice. I am glad he gave me a call!

John P Saffos

November 12th, 2020 Middletown, DE

Representative Ben T was helpful explaining the details of the warranty and helped me overcome my fears about committing to Select Home Warranty.

Joseph Faulk

November 12th, 2020 Chesapeake, VA

I was happy to get the information that Elliott gave me on the phone.

David T Pack

November 12th, 2020 Abilene, TX

Salesman was very nice, helpful and diligent

Andrea Ceonzo

November 12th, 2020 Marshall, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super quick communication! Ed C was fantastic to deal with. He made a small but important edit in my documentation in a matter of seconds! I would use Select Home Warranty again and recommend them to others.

Kathy Lepley

November 12th, 2020 Cuyahoga Falls, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have never had a Home Warranty . Jake was awesome !! He went over the entire process and how claims work and talked about what can be covered ! It gives us peace of mind !

Patti

November 12th, 2020 Charlestown, IN

Tom B was very friendly and helpful. There was no pressure or anything to go with the company. He explained what I would get as service--the plan I was looking at online. gave me a great deal also!

Jeff Harper

November 12th, 2020 Peoria, AZ

Called Select Home Warranty to get quote. I spoke with George S. He explained everything very well and answered all my questions extensively. He even looked for any discounts I could qualify for.

Araceli Pinto

November 11th, 2020 King City, CA

George S went above and beyond on helping us choice the right home warranty. Customer service like I’ve never seen very patient always a big plus. Felt no pressure in choosing or even buying from select home warranty.Overall best customer service experience so far. Give this guy a raise.

Tri Ly

November 11th, 2020 Dublin, CA

Account/sales rep patiently explained the plan I was interested in and looked for ways to save me money.

Fern

November 11th, 2020 Ambler, PA

Want to thank Tom B who helped me secure a great rate for all 4 if my properties. Im looking forward to the 5 year program and low service fee rates. Thanks Tom.

Dana L Garay

November 11th, 2020 Lubbock, TX

Responsive, quick and a good value. Peter was very courteous.

Rachel Spates

November 11th, 2020 Peachtree City, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jake H was super helpful and made the process of switching our home warranty very easy!

Anita S Saunders

November 11th, 2020 Calera, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have requested to have my oven broiler repaired 4 times, and they send me emails stating that they are unable to schedule a technician & they then recommend that I find someone to fix it, and go through extensive paperwork to get reimbursed. My thoughts are, "That's why I pay you!" I have also filed a claim for repairs on my bathrooms and had to pay an additional $49.99 to include the fixtures....Why wasn't I told this when I signed up? Have now had to file 3 claims & pay additional $ to get my plumbing issues repaired. I was not happy being told that because the pipes were attached to the toilet, it was considered part of the fixture! WHAT??? Then, repairing the floor is not covered. My policy is up for renewal.....At this point....Really???

john p. newport

November 11th, 2020 Woodstock, GA

The explanation of the benefits by Steve C ?? was excellent and it was all very easy to sign on board.

C. Wilson

November 11th, 2020 Sun City, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give this company negative stars if I could. Takes DAYS for them to dispatch. Hope you dont have an emergency. They dont cover what they say they will in their contract. The real kicker for me was when they sent an a/c company to my home, who tried to extract $2,000.00 just to investigate (not even fix) what was wrong with my a/c and find the leak for the Freon. Called my own guy. Not only was it not just a Freon leak, but what was wrong SHOULD have been covered by SHW and they denied the claim for reimbursement. This company is horrible. stay away from the gimmicks. The low price and free months they lure you in with just aren't worth their lackluster policies and service.

Cathy Legrand

November 11th, 2020 Granada Hills, CA

Ed C was great! He explained all the coverages and options and offered us a great deal!

Amber Quiroz

November 11th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose this company to give me price of mind when something breaks in my house. My first experience with them has been a nightmare and after 6 weeks I still don't have a working refrigerator. They refused 3 times to send someone out to look at the 5 year old unit. Now after calling my own technician out and submitting the paperwork they are refusing to repay the bill due to lack of maintenance. They also refused a buyout even after the technician told them it could not be fixed because the claim was started more than 30 days ago. They have lied to me about what is covered and dragged their feet to get out of paying for anything. This company is a SCAM. Do not use! Amazing how horrible!

Deb

November 10th, 2020 Stillwater, OK

William P was very helpful, much appreciated!!

Susan Ward

November 10th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called and spoke with Jamie C today 11-9-2020. He informed me of all the programs Select Home Warranty offers. He listened to, and answered, all my questions and concerns. I am a senior citizen was very nervous. He helped me choose the best plan for me in a kind and understanding way. If any of you are looking for this type of coverage, I believe you will be happy with their coverage. Thank you Jamie.

Peter Darby Abbott

November 10th, 2020 Centreville, MD

Thanks to Jonathan S this morning for his professional responses to my many questions about Select Home Warranty service plans. As a result of our discussion, I enrolled for an extended, 5 year program with potential savings of over $300 per year. Based on SHW's highly rated performance, I am confident that we will enjoy superior service to that we have received from AHS.

HappyCustomer!

November 10th, 2020 Upland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent experience with buying a plan thanks to Peter G. He was very knowledgeable, explained everything and answered all my questions. He helped me get a plan that was much better than I originally anticipated. I'm very happy with the plan's coverages. Most of all, he was really nice and easy to talk with. Thankyou Peter.

Richard Bruins

November 10th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

The gentleman who i spoke with was very professional and explained everything that I need to know about the company he really made me feel like this was a great company to be insured with this guy should train other people

rayna baldwin

November 10th, 2020 Sacramento, CA

I inquired online about a home warranty. Ian called me with 5 min. He was professional and helpful to answer my questions. I feel he gave me the best deal possible which was much lower than other companies. I'm very happy with the service Ian A gave me.

Dan

November 9th, 2020 Littleton, CO

Very nice experience working with Ed C. He explained options, worked with me on pricing. Really friendly and he tried to offer great discounts.

Charlie Ott

November 9th, 2020 Livermore, CA

We just purchased our policy from Maddy today. She was professional and offered us a great rate for our coverage. Maddy toodlk time to go over all options with us.

Gayle Long

November 9th, 2020 Palm Desert, CA

I just signed up with Select today. I spoke to Zachary H, he explained what Select could do for me and gave me quotes so I could decide what coverage I needed. He was a pleasure to work with very polite and informative.

Robert Porras

November 9th, 2020 San Jose, CA

Mark J was very informative and gave us options to choose from. Mark also was very professional and knowledgeable and helped us find the best plan for us.

Matthew Williams

November 9th, 2020 Hemet, CA

This is really good and designed for the consumer with all of the saving. Im thankful. and Mr C was very informative and very helpful

Silvino Montes

November 8th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Lucas was great! Excellent customer service and thorough yet simple breakdown of our policy and pricing. Very impressed!

chambersrw

November 8th, 2020 El Paso, TX

Signed up today with Mitch C. Gave me a better plan than available on the internet. I am now worry free about home appliances and systems for 6 years. And if we move, it’s transferable to our next home. I don’t have to worry about rate increases. It’s all locked in at this years rate.

Carol Brown

November 8th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM

Sol was very helpful and was able to put together the best plan for my needs while keeping the cost under control.

MKT

November 8th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

I received a detailed description of the program and features by the agent, Lucas S. It appears this program is inclusive and will give us peace of mind in our home with the multi year plan covering appliances and systems. I also appreciate the fact that I will have a designated representative that I can call should a problem or question arise.

Hector Gamez

November 6th, 2020 Statesboro, GA

Good clear explanation of benefits. Costs savings with better service. Switched from another Home Warranty service that left me hanging.

Lanie Nix

November 6th, 2020 Detroit, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tom B and Moe were exceptional kind and clear and they quickly found solutions that worked well. Competency on steroids!!!

Adriana Robar

November 6th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Getting a quote was easy and the representative did a great job explaining the coverages and costs. When I spoke to the representative, by the name of Same, he was very knowledgeable and was able to provide a discount on multiple properties.

Sergei Rosenberg

November 6th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchasing process was pretty easy, speaking over the phone with Chase. I got much better rate than with other home warranty companies

Harold Pappas

November 6th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Tom B Did a great job,I'm very pleased with him, thanks a lot Tom for all your help,

Lisa Thomas

November 5th, 2020 Piscataway, NJ

Chase R was very knowledgeable and saved me money...I’d highly recommend