Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.3

Lev Romanovich

September 25th, 2020 Hollywood, FL

I am a new customer. My first impression is very good. Mr.M is very professional! Hope that your service will be at the same level

Cherry Jain

September 25th, 2020 Hoboken, NJ

The agent David W who helped me buy the warranty was very friendly and offered me great deal!

Chris Swearingin

September 25th, 2020 Troy, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ed C was great, he was very informative and answered every question I had. He definitely made the whole process really easy!

Antonio Marin

September 25th, 2020 Fresno, CA

I received the BEST customer service ever! I was thoroughly walked through the many benefits that the Platinum coverage affords. I could not be any happier!

Debra

September 24th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was very impressed with my sales rep Ben T. He was very knowledgeable about the home warranty program. And was able to answer my many questions. Thanks ben!

GERLANDA D REYES

September 24th, 2020 Oceanside, CA

Sol A.B. is an excellent representative for the company. He presented the offers in clear way and made sure he offered what would be the best plan, by matching our profile with what's available to us. He made it so easy for us to decide so we signed up!

Brad

September 24th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Competitive rates Look out for the small print. They'll get you with it.

Jose Ojeda

September 24th, 2020 Hemet, CA

I found Peter G the agent I dealt with on the phone very helpful, knowledgeable and very professional. I will remain in contact with Peter should I require any additional help from your company.

Jamison Fair

September 23rd, 2020 Barstow, CA

Found the competitive pricing and greater coverage options a determining factor in taking out a policy.

Debbie Snyder

September 23rd, 2020 San Diego, CA

The main reason we picked SHW was because they were the only company that had a person contact us. Lucas S is friendly and answered my questions, He also was patient with us as we had family situations delay our making a decision.

James Stuck

September 23rd, 2020 ,

Worked with Jamie C today. I felt comfortable after we concluded our business. I have not had good experiences with home warranty companies in the past but today I felt at ease with Jamie's presentation. Very professional, very knowledgeable. An asset to your company. I felt comfortable signing up for you multi year program. Especially with the guarantees he shared with me.

Misty Whipple

September 23rd, 2020 Glendale, AZ

Alan S called to follow up on my online inquiry. He was very professional and explained all my options. I accidentally disconnected when switching from my car Bluetooth to my phone and Alan called me back immediately! He even suggested ways I could save money! I was very impressed with his level of service which is why I signed with Select Home Warranty ove another company I was also researching!

Donna Dugan

September 23rd, 2020 St Louis, MO

Richard was extremely helpful. He answered all of my questions, gave me his name & extension to contact at any time.

Linda mcguckin

September 23rd, 2020 Warren, MI

My experience speaking with LucasS one of your representatives was exceptional. He is a definite asset to your company and I believe you're lucky to have him he was very knowledgeable answer all my questions and I ended up signing a six-year contract. It makes it so much easier when someone's telling you about a product or something that they represent and they don't have to keep putting you on hold to find out the answer to your question. Keep up the good work Lucas thank you for your time Linda McGuckin

Luna Rene

September 22nd, 2020 Universal City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ZERO STARS! These people are the worst and lied to us!!!! They just only want your money. Completely unorganized and complete scammers!!! We are dropping our warranty with them, getting our full refund and going to another company ASAP. We still didn’t get our issues fixed and they scammed us out of money. They haven’t even called us back like they keep telling us they would. Complete waste of time and money! Please be very careful with these people as they will completely lie to you and then not help you!

Betson Mathew

September 22nd, 2020 Frisco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SCAMMERS!! They will not pay for anything in full. According to their policy, everything you have is significantly depreciated and will only cover a fraction of what it cost. They pay the "depreciated" value for the parts and you have to pay for the labor. According to SHW, my $900 clothes dryer of 2 years only cost $175 after depreciation so they can't cover the replacement cost of a wiring harness. And they agreed to pay $250 for a $620 AC unit repair after fighting with them for over a year. They also said the AC unit going out is not considered an emergency and their technicians can only get to my house in 3-4 days. I explained to them this is in the middle of a Texas summer with over 100 degrees outside and I have a toddler and someone with asthma in my house, and they still didn't care. No one in their company is helpful when you call and they will keep transferring you until you give up. If you get one of their managers to call you back, they will call you 2 days later and let it ring 2 times and hang up. By the time I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to answer, they had hung up, and when i called back right away, it went to customer service and they said a manager called and i didn't answer. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! THEY WILL NOT PAY OR FIX ANYTHING!

Robb Taft

September 22nd, 2020 Aurora, CO

I needed to purchase a home warranty for the new buyer of our home and Select Home Warranty was able to accomodate our needs quickly and provide the best price.

George Zacharias

September 22nd, 2020 Cincinnati, OH

Tom was Excellent and educated me on all the plans and helped me select the best plan for what we need!

Steve Sheetz

September 22nd, 2020 Olathe, KS

MO H was superb!! So helpful and professional

Lanear Rhodes

September 21st, 2020 Simpsonville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jonathan S's professionalism was exceptional. He suggested services that I would have never considered or even realized existed with a warranty company. He was very familiar with the products and services (he made me realize the benefits of a home warranty compared to individual warranties for appliances, etc.). He followed up after the transaction and made me feel valued as a new customer. I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

Jean Peters

September 21st, 2020 Cairo, GA

Sol A.B. A good sales person. very polite.

Edgar Moreno

September 21st, 2020 Oswego, IL

Mr. Sam M was great! I spent my entire morning doing my homework researching different home warranties. Once I decided to go with Select Home Warranty, Mr. M made that process very simple. Thank you!

Tejas Tandel

September 19th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience, while enrollment process were very sooth

Demetruis johnson

September 19th, 2020 Mandeville, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select home warranty is a rip off they never was able to provide a technician to come out for service they would tell you to find a technician to come out and once they come out diagnose and fixed the problem problem they refused reimburse you This is the worst home warranty company I ever dealt with so please do yourself a favor do not choose this company or recommend 100% rip off

Lanisha

September 18th, 2020 Baytown, TX

Jake explained everything and also helped us get the best rate, thank you Jake!

Caraly Alvarez

September 18th, 2020 Hamtramck, MI

Ryan was able to give me a better deal. Im very pleased and happy. Ryan called me right away and was able to give me other options which turned out to be even better than what I originally signed up for. Great customer service.

Mrs F

September 17th, 2020 Charleston, WV

It was a great experience Chase was very patient and very helpful as I had a lot of questions

Tim Beaver

September 17th, 2020 High Point, NC

Steve K called me while I was just looking at the Select website. That told me he was paying attention and ready to help. We talked and, more importantly, Steve listened and ended up recommending a plan that fit my needs. I explained that I was in a town home and that the HOA covered some of the things that other folks might need, but that I didn't. Steve took all of that into consideration and offered me a plan that he was able to get started on the date I needed and that offers me the protection I feel that I need. I would recommend Steve and Select Home Warranty and I haven't even had to report a problem yet.. I hope I don't have to, but I can sleep secure knowing that I am covered for most anything.

Bible Hawk

September 17th, 2020 Wewahitchka, FL

I did my research and noticed Select Home Warranty was highly rated and I'm pleased as well to realize they have representatives who do what they can to make a great deal for new customers.

Melissa Brisentine

September 17th, 2020 Morristown, TN

I was really impressed with how easy it was to sign up for the service and the contact person was great!

Joanie Mahoney

September 17th, 2020 Irwin, PA

This was my first experience. I signed up today. Ben is a great salesperson. I answered no to the question below because I've been a paying customer for about 2 hours now.

Shannon King

September 16th, 2020 Lake Elsinore, CA

I just signed up with Select Home Warranty today so my feedback is limited. My feedback is based on the awesome customer service interaction that I had with Greg T.

rick and lily

September 16th, 2020 Hudson, OH

we spoke with Zach who was extremely helpful. he answered all our questions clearly and was professional in every aspect of our conversation. I highly recommend this gentleman for any information required before enrolling with SHW.

Steven Berger

September 16th, 2020 Alto, NM

Jake H was very knowledgeable and friendly. He answered all my questions and saved me lots of money!

Alice Mejia

September 16th, 2020 Montgomery Village, MD

Daniel C's customer service was wonderful.

Sean McNulty

September 16th, 2020 Naperville, IL

Great customer service so far. Ed was excellent.

Don Worrell

September 16th, 2020 Mission Viejo, CA

Excellent customer service from your service representative Ed. He was pleasant, knowledgeable, and answered all of our questions.

Elsa WHARTON

September 15th, 2020 Bossier City, LA

David W was phenomenal. I understood everything he brought to the table. I am truly pleased with my decision to go with Select. He also informed me that if I had any questions post purchase, not to hesitate to call him.

Mark Adler

September 15th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

Salesman was very pleasant to deal with and provided all information we needed to make our decision

Luella Brown

September 15th, 2020 Peoria, AZ

Bruce A was very informative and worked with me to ensure that I got the best plan to fit my needs and that it is transferable with the house.

Kay G

September 15th, 2020 South Bend, IN

Very nice and respectful over the phone and explained services

Larry Bingham

September 15th, 2020 South Jordan, UT

HEY IT WAS QUICK, EASY AND PAINLESS. I TALKED WITH SAM M WHO WAS GREAT. HE ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION AND HELPED ME GET THE RIGHT PLAN. I WENT WITH A 3 YEAR PLAN THAT IS PERFECT FOR MY SITUATION. GIVE HIM A CALL.

T Fisher

September 15th, 2020 Saint Leonard, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up with Select Home Warranty and was very pleased with the process. My contact, Alan S, was polite and thorough in explaining my options - without being pushy- which I greatly appreciated. I will definitely recommend Select Home Warranty to my friends and family looking for a home warranty company.

Jessica R.

September 15th, 2020 Powder Springs, GA

They offered us the best price in the market. Ed C responded all our questions in the same call.

Herman

September 15th, 2020 Locust Grove, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The quick and excellent customer service provided by the sales agent

James Lindsay

September 15th, 2020 Beaufort, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stay away. Go to multiple website surveys and you will get the real picture of what type of company they are. Cliff notes, filed a claim, told they couldn’t find a technician and I’d have to find one on my own & I’d be reimbursed in 30 days. I found one with one phone call. Provided a detail estimate from the service company for $174. After 5 phone calls over two weeks and getting the same response every time that someone would get back to me after 24-48 hours I gave up and canceled my contract. The last rep I spoke to was rude and refused to let me speak to a manager. I emailed a executive customer service manager who had sent me a welcome email when I signed up, and as expected he did not reply. Bottom line, I paid Select $139 for the month and a half I was with them, and I paid the $174 to repair our dryer. They are out to scam you so do your due diligence and check many different website reviews, including Yelp. I’ve read other reviews that are exactly the same experience I received.

Mark K Jenkins

September 15th, 2020 Paola, KS

The flexibility and great promotional offer for my new home purchase ; Steven Kay did an OUTSTANDING job and was very helpful in my acquiring this Platinum Care Plan ... I will recommend him to others in the future !

Schar

September 15th, 2020 Fresno, TX

So far, so good. It's one of those things you hope to not use. I appreciate the special $60. service fee. I've used my home warranty twice over the years and it's a nice feeling to be 'covered'.

Craig Chance

September 14th, 2020 Gaston, OR

The sales rep Steven Kay was very professional, informative, knowledgeable and proactive in getting emails of my new warranty to me while we were still on the phone.

Roy

September 14th, 2020 League City, TX

Zachary H (customer service rep) was very professional in helping me sign up for my first home warranty. Thank you!