Select Home Warranty

6.9

Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Message from
Select Home Warranty

Select Home Warranty offers three plans: Gold Care, Bronze Care, and Platinum Care, offering them for under $40 per month each. In addition to offering low-cost plans, Select Home Warranty also offers free roof leak coverage. Here is what Select Home Warranty’s three plans cover as well as the company’s optional add-ons: Bronze Care: Covers your washer, dryer, dishwasher, cooktop, microwave oven, stove/oven, refrigerator, and garbage disposal Gold Care: Covers your A/C, heating system, plumbing system, electrical system, water heater, and ductwork Platinum Care: Covers appliances and systems contained in its Bronze and Gold plan and also covers your plumbing stoppage, garage door opener, and ceiling fan Select Home Warranty’s monthly premium is top notch in the home warranty industry. Its service fee is also one of the lowest among the top home warranty companies in the nation.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.7

bookmark

Featured Review

Mary Walters Kansas City, MO

Moe H. was very patient and helpful. We have never purchased a home warranty before and he gave us plenty of time to mull it over (2 weeks). Thank you for your patience!

Reply from Select Home Warranty

Jan. 11th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Joyce Fitzgerald Virginia Beach, VA

Jonathan S is truly an asset to your company. Very experienced, knowledgeable, professional and considerate. I enjoyed working with him which resulted in a six year home warranty contract with your company.

Reply from Select Home Warranty

Jan. 11th, 2021

Sue Paulsen Zion, IL

I had a great Rep, Bryan O explain the warranty service to me and he also explained the claims process in depth. I purchased a home warranty for the people who are buying our house. They happen to be our next door neighbors so I wanted the best service I could find. After a lot of research and after talking to Bryan, I feel good about my decision to cover our house with Select Home Warranty.

21 hours ago

Cheryl Pinkos Milton, FL

We just purchased a policy for our home from Jake H. He was excellent! He was most helpful, knowledgeable, and assertive, but not pushy (we liked that). We thoroughly enjoyed talking to him. He also gave us a great deal for our home. I highly recommend him. Thank you, Jake, for taking the time to explain things to us, and going over all our options. It was a pleasure. Melanie S. and Cheryl P.

Cynthia Bollmeyer Broken Arrow, OK

I was really happy with your sales rep. Very professional and knowledgeable. My only question is I don't see any mention of my roof being covered. Nor does it have I will also have 2 free months. I'd like to have that in writing/email. Thank you for your s

Leslie Jones Danville, VA

I appreciated the excellent customer customer service I received from Daniel C. He was knowledgeable, patient, and very friendly. I love the fact that he was not pushy. He explained everything in detail, so I was fully informed about what I was getting.

coffy f davis Elgin, TX

the conversation we had was very pleasant, and the sales rep was kind and offered help at any time needed, and I like that, Noah was very helpful and understanding of my concerns, thank you /select home warranty / Coffy f. Davis

Sherri Jacobs Cynthiana, KY

Very pleasant and knowledgeable. Able to answer my questions and concerns without having to get help from anything or anyone. Refreshing, friendly, and professional. Called when he said, returned my many calls for additional information even after purchase of warranty.

Tim Hinds Santee, CA

It covers sewer and that’s a bigger for me. We live in an older home and that gives me peace of mind. We are getting older and it’s nice not to have to worry about major repairs. Ok ca continue to use my existing appliance repair service I have used for years.

Corinthia Uliasz Fayetteville, NC

Signed up for Select Home Warranty today, 11 June 2021. The sale rep (Zachary) was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and pleasant to talk to. He answered all my questions and convinced me of the great value/quality of this home warranty. I purchased a policy for 5 years. I am looking forward to the years ahead for great quality work without hassles.

Marissa Chapman Colorado Springs, CO

Jake was great! Answered all of my questions and gave me additional info as this is our first home! We decided to choose this company due to his great customer service and he did not pressure us into purchasing. Big plus!

1 day ago

Donna Waford Cincinnati, OH

Very friendly and I feel Iike I got a very good deal. Signing up was quick and easy. The policy will cover all the things that I need covered. My last company did not include a lot of things so I'm happy.

1 day ago

Geary Franklyn San Diego, CA

The ease of working with Greg with straight forward answers was refreshing. Great job looks like a great policy. As we all know we will see when and if it’s needed. Nice to know everything is covered! Thank you

Michael Crossno Mansfield, OH

What I feel is William did a great job telling me about all the plans. I like the professionalism making sure he answered all my questions. He also described how they come pair with each other. I also had 24 hour call services. I felt a lot better knowing I could reach someone. The cost was also affordable. Best Regards Michael.

Linda Anthony Sierra Vista, AZ

Jonathan S was a pleasure to deal with. He explained in detail the best program for me and my budget. I was with another company and was not happy when I was charged for the repair that he did not explain my cost when I filed a repair claim.

AndersonFive Greenwood, MS

Lucas was very kind and patient with me as I had several questions. He answered most of my questions before I even asked them and then patiently listened as I asked other questions my husband and I had. Lucas went over and beyond in explaining the warranty service.

Jean Starks Citrus Heights, CA

I spoke with William P. on the phone and he answered all my questions thoroughly. He was also able to find discounts for me that fit my needs. I have had other warranty companies in the past, and Select Home Warranty has been the easiest one to deal with so far. Thank you William.

Griffin King Seabrook, TX

Although I don’t currently know how this company works because I just signed up I just wanted to take a second to think I wonderful customer service representative Ray S thanks for explaining and being very patient with me keep up the great work I really appreciate it.

Jeff Hancock Vallejo, CA

Just purchased after a disastrous experience with another home warranty company. As I write this am still on eternal hold with my last home warranty company, something they continually do, since there web site is 90% useless. Ed C, Selects sales person was very knowable, helpful and patient. Am looking forward to receiving far superior service from Select, based on my experience with Ed.

Lorraine Smith Mobile, AL

The Select Home Warranty seems to be exactly what I was looking for in a home warranty. I had a few questions and spoke with a customer service representative. I was very happy with my customer service representative Daniel C. Mr. Daniel was professional, friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable. I believe I received a great deal for the coverage I am receiving.

Nina Cantu Houston, TX

My husband and I just had an excellent experience in signing up for Select Home Warranty. We spoke with Daniel C and we were very impressed with his professionalism and knowledge. He answered ALL of our questions without hesitation and was very clear and concise - he made us feel very comfortable with our 3 year plan choice! We are looking forward to having Select Home Warranty service. Thank you!

James Noe Baltimore, MD

Great speed and detail in getting situated with a new policy. The sales rep was friendly and thorough. Looking forward to having the policy going forward.

13 hours ago

Caryl Fleming San Diego, CA

The sales representative completely misrepresented what was in the contract. He said the appliances will be replaced for free and all I had to pay was the service fee. I have been with them for over a year with no previous claims. Now my garbage disposal need to be replaced and they're only going to pay for one based on the depreciated value of the disposal, which I have to shop and pay for then be reimbursed and I also have to pay for the installation because apparently it is not covered. The entire premise of a home warranty is so one doesn't have to come out of pocket to pay the expenses other than the service fee. Select Home Warranty has failed to meet these expectations. Do not trust what they tell you, read your contract or you will be screwed. I'm cancelling my warranty and will not recommend then to anyone. Why have them if I have to do all the work to replace my garbage disposal?

Pam Gull El Dorado, KS

Was very informative and helpful. Hard to rate never having to use yet but I am very hopeful and feel I can turn to our agent with ant concerns or questions that may arise.

Angela Rider Bozeman, MT

Sam was extremely knowledgeable about the company. Gave me a discount for being a senior. He was friendly and informative. Explained the program well.

Rebecca Barnhart Eureka, CA

I have just signed up with Select Home Warranty, so I don't have a lot of experience with the company. The signup process was very easy though, and the agent assisting me was very pleasant and helpful.

Eileen Shired Petaluma, CA

just spoke with Sean G today and signed up fir their warranty program. Can't say much about program yet but Mr. G answered all my questions and was not pushy.

Lisa Robertson Gainesville, VA

I just signed up for a 5 yr pre-paid + 12 mo free home warranty Platinum Plan. I cannot start use for 30 days but I was happy with the warranty details and pricing.

Home warranty products Flower Mound, TX

Bruce helped me with all my questions. He was very knowledgeable about his product and very patient with me. I was impressed with that they had to offer versus other home warranty companies.

Barbara Reamer Nevada City, CA

Steven K was very helpful answering all our questions about Select Warranty , and was able to get us a very good deal on our contract. We are very happy with his customer service.

Stephen Moore Ankeny, IA

I spoke to a rep named Greg and he was very helpful and patient as I tried to determine which coverage and what length of coverage was right for me. Positive experience for sure.

Franchelle Coleman Flint, TX

Ryan B was excellent!!! He was polite, courteous, informative and was an all around nice person to deal with in a frustrating day I was having. Thank you Select Home Warranty !!!

Nelly Cifuentes Murfreesboro, TN

Jake H was very kind explaining me the kind of service that I was buying and gave me all the discounts that he could. I feel secure with my agent and with the choice that I made buying my home warranty. Thank you Jake you were very helpful.

CHARLES EDWARD LEAGERD Amite, LA

My call was very bussiness like directly too the problem and solved it in minutes . no wasted time dealing with trying to get agent too understand my problem. Thanks it feels good when someone listen meaningfully !!!

Joe Pampena Newnan, GA

Called to inquire about home warranty coverage. Spoke with Tom B. Mr. B was a very professional representative. He took his time explaining the plan I had chosen. Answered all questions I had to ask. Highly recommend this company.

MK Sage El Paso, TX

Steven K was polite, helpful, knowledgeable and very nice to talk to. He sold your company and hopefully the rest of your company is as awesome as he is. I now have a 36 month service contract with your company. Thank you Steven for your help and kindness.

Freddie Lambert Mission Viejo, CA

Been with Select for a couple of years now. Called in and spoke to Isaac M, who was great to work with. He explained everything well and shared all available specials with me. I would definitely recommend Select Home Warranty and Isaac to everyone. Great value and great customer service experience from Isaac.

J Perez Merrillville, IN

Richard Z was not only friendly, but extremely informative, helpful, and personable, and patient. He helped me find the best deal to fit my needs and explained everything thoroughly. Quick, efficient, and successful! Thank you Richard

Archana lakshmanan Houston, TX

Immediate response and Easily reachable company. Steven K explained the warranty plan very detailed and patiently for all our questions and clarification. Also he explained long term plans like 2yrs, 5 yrs . Really appreciate his help and support. I will recommend select home warranty to my friends.

Tom L. Punta Gorda, FL

I've just purchased two policies and my experience thus far has been excellent. I worked with Sol B and the experience was great. If the coverage matches the level of service provided by Sol and Select so far, I will be recommending Select to every homeowner I know.

Sherry Reid Brandon, MS

I looked up top five best home warranty companies and Select was no. 1. I started to complete the form and immediately received a call. The whole process was so easy I kept thinking there was more to do. Read everything over and it is more affordable than my present company.

Princess Mel Aurora, IL

This is my first home purchase. After receiving multiple letters in the mail from bogus companies, I decided to do some research and learned that Select Home was rated No. 1. I filled out the quick survey and was contacted by Jake. He was very accommodating to my circumstances and answered my questions. If, or when, I ever need to use my warranty, I feel confident Select Home will take care of me.

Kathy Stewart Dallas, TX

Ed was a very nice gentleman but there's one time I'm up in age and I know he said the information would be on the my email I just wanted to ask is there a way I could get a book sent to me because I'm not good on the internet where I can read about you guys I just started with you guys this month and I'm a senior and I thought I would ask please thank you

Donna Neese Papillion, NE

I have signed up but not used the plan yet. Ray, the salesperson seemed very knowledgeable and interested in helping me sort through plans. He actually found savings because of my age and military background. I plan to be a lifetime member! I paid by credit card and with a one-month waiting period will start service after another company contract expires.

Richard Rindels Elizabeth City, NC

Wow! I just got off the phone with Mr. Lucas S. with Select Home Warranty Company. The plan he showed me not only saves my wife and me a great deal of money but the coverage is leap years ahead of our current plan. Thank you, Lucas! I also really appreciate you going over the multi-year plan which saves even more by locking in our savings to the current year prices to protect us from price increases. We also were able to get a senior discount (at only 60) and an additional discount for being a veteran of military service. With these discounts, we will now be paying less than half of what our previous company charged us with twice the benefits and also half the per visit deductible. It will de great to know that we will now be getting top-notch (3 stars or better) repair people now instead of the cheapest our last company could find. I can't say enough, but Thank you again, Lucas!

Melvin Barrus Nampa, ID

I just became acquainted with Select Home Warranty so at this point I have no experience how they perform their service. However I was very impressed as I spoke to their representative Chase R. and as I found a plan that covered what I needed in the home I purchased. I had looked at other company's plans and found the Select Plan competitive or better than others I reviewed. Chase was so good to tell me about the incentives now and the cost benefits of a plan that covers multiple years. I had lots of questions and Chase took the time to patiently answer them all. I look forward to coming back and commenting on my service experience. For now I am feeling at peace to know I have coverage on my home.

Mark Ilgenfritz Shamokin, PA

Mark J helped me understand what services you had Available. And gave some advice about which plans might work best for us.

Jet Boy Canoga Park, CA

My rep was extremely helpful, straight forward and he listened to my concerns. I felt I was in good hands after signing with Select Home Warranty!

Robert Ellsasser South Charleston, WV

Barry W was not the usual pushy sales person! He listened and we were both happy with the outcome. Would recommend Select Home Warranty to all!

Tracy McLin Dallas, TX

Chase was knowledgeable, firm, to the point and didn't waste my time. Gave me an amazing deal and Select covers a lot. This is amazing.