This company may not service all states.
See states serviced
LAST UPDATED: November 6th, 2023
Residential Warranty Company (RWC), founded in 1981 and headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, specializes in home warranties for builders, remodelers, and manufacturers nationwide. Typical homeowners may want to look elsewhere for a home warranty unless they are overseeing the construction of a home.
- Variety of Home Warranty Programs
- Specialized Program Options
- Builders Warranty Quote Request
- Transferable Warranties
- Extended Warranties
Variety of Home Warranty Programs
Residential Warranty Company offers a variety of home warranty programs for new homes, remodeling, and commercial purposes. The following programs are available:
- 10-Year New Home Warranty — ideal for new home constructions
- Customized State Warranty Program — warranties crafted specifically to meet each state’s new home warranty statutes
- Administration Only Warranty — allows a builder to be self-insured for any warranty issues that may arise
- Remodeler Warranties — ensures that contractors are quality and professional
- Building System Warranties — affordable warranty option for modular, panelized, and log homes
- Specialty Warranties — for detached garage, commercial building, and conversion constructions
- HUD Code Warranty — warranty program specifically for the HUD-code industry
- Extended Warranties — available for both new and resale homes
- RWC Insurance Advantage — an insurance option for builders
- Incentive Program — available to qualifying home builders that enroll 20 or more homes a year
To know which home warranty program option is the best for you, speak with a RWC representative. However, a good place to start could be a customized state warranty program, aligning your build with your state’s new home warranty statutes.
Specialized Program Options
In addition to its home warranty program options, Residential Warranty Company offers more specialized program options, including the following:
- Warranty Express — RWC’s online system for home enrollment, membership renewal, and everything in between
- Incentive Program — available to qualifying RWC members to receive “cash” for their good claims experience
- RWC Insurance Advantage — insurance protection for RWC member builders
- Warranty Training Seminars — free in-depth training seminars for any staff you may have
Builders Warranty Quote Request
You can quickly and easily get more information and rates about Residential Warranty Company’s warranty programs by submitting a quote request on the company’s website.
To submit a quote request, you will need to provide the following information:
- Company information (name, address, and phone number)
- Construction information (average sales price, number of home builds per year, and counties that you build in)
- Your personal information (name, address, and contact information)
Upon submitting your quote request you will receive personalized information and rates for your build.
A home warranty provided by Residential Home Warranty is transferable, meaning it can be carried on to the next owner if the home is sold. This typically helps a home sell faster on the real estate market and increases its value.
Residential Warranty Company offers two types of extended warranties for appliances and systems:
- Key Estates Certified Warranty — Includes coverage on appliances and systems in resale homes. Structural coverage is also an option. This warranty is offered nationwide. If sellers or buyers are interested in having coverage for a home that is on the market, their Realtor can purchase this warranty for them on their behalf.
- Platinum Advantage Warranty — Available for coverage on appliances and systems in newly built homes. This warranty is purchased by the builder or manufacturer. This particular warranty is only available in select states.
Builder Warranties Only
Many features that average homeowners are looking for in a home warranty company may not be present with Residential Warranty Company because the company caters primarily to builders, remodelers, and manufacturers.
However, since Residential Warranty Company's warranties are for newly constructed homes, builders, remodelers and manufacturers can purchase the warranty for their homes, then pass that value and peace of mind onto their homebuyers.
The company also has a wide selection of warranties to choose from, including the standard 10-year warranty, state-specific warranties, remodeling, commercial, building systems, HUD-Code, and more. Although the company caters specifically to builders, its offerings are still competitive in the industry.
View Best Home Warranty Companies
The Bottom Line
If you are a home builder, remodeler, or manufacturer, Residential Warranty Company (RWC) could be a great home warranty company option for you.
The company offers a variety of home warranty programs, allowing you to choose the option that will best suit your company’s building needs. And the company makes it easy to manage your warranties online through Warranty Express, RWC’s online customer portal.
In addition, RWC member builders can access additional insurance and have the opportunity to earn cash back through good claims experiences.
View Best Home Warranty Companies
Was this content helpful?