Residential Warranty Company Logo

Residential Warranty Company

Is This Your Business?

3.3

LAST UPDATED: November 6th, 2023

Residential Warranty Company (RWC), founded in 1981 and headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, specializes in home warranties for builders, remodelers, and manufacturers nationwide. Typical homeowners may want to look elsewhere for a home warranty unless they are overseeing the construction of a home.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Programs
  • Specialized Program Options
  • Builders Warranty Quote Request
  • Transferable Warranties
  • Extended Warranties

Variety of Home Warranty Programs

Residential Warranty Company offers a variety of home warranty programs for new homes, remodeling, and commercial purposes. The following programs are available:

• 10-Year New Home Warranty — ideal for new home constructions
  • Customized State Warranty Program — warranties crafted specifically to meet each state’s new home warranty statutes
  • Administration Only Warranty — allows a builder to be self-insured for any warranty issues that may arise
  • Remodeler Warranties — ensures that contractors are quality and professional
  • Building System Warranties — affordable warranty option for modular, panelized, and log homes
  • Specialty Warranties — for detached garage, commercial building, and conversion constructions
  • HUD Code Warranty — warranty program specifically for the HUD-code industry
  • Extended Warranties — available for both new and resale homes
  • RWC Insurance Advantage — an insurance option for builders
  • Incentive Program — available to qualifying home builders that enroll 20 or more homes a year

To know which home warranty program option is the best for you, speak with a RWC representative. However, a good place to start could be a customized state warranty program, aligning your build with your state’s new home warranty statutes.

Specialized Program Options

In addition to its home warranty program options, Residential Warranty Company offers more specialized program options, including the following:

• Warranty Express — RWC’s online system for home enrollment, membership renewal, and everything in between
  • Incentive Program — available to qualifying RWC members to receive “cash” for their good claims experience
  • RWC Insurance Advantage — insurance protection for RWC member builders
  • Warranty Training Seminars — free in-depth training seminars for any staff you may have

Builders Warranty Quote Request

You can quickly and easily get more information and rates about Residential Warranty Company’s warranty programs by submitting a quote request on the company’s website.

To submit a quote request, you will need to provide the following information:

• Company information (name, address, and phone number)
  • Construction information (average sales price, number of home builds per year, and counties that you build in)
  • Your personal information (name, address, and contact information)

Upon submitting your quote request you will receive personalized information and rates for your build.

Transferable Warranties

A home warranty provided by Residential Home Warranty is transferable, meaning it can be carried on to the next owner if the home is sold. This typically helps a home sell faster on the real estate market and increases its value.

Extended Warranties

Residential Warranty Company offers two types of extended warranties for appliances and systems:

• Key Estates Certified Warranty — Includes coverage on appliances and systems in resale homes. Structural coverage is also an option. This warranty is offered nationwide. If sellers or buyers are interested in having coverage for a home that is on the market, their Realtor can purchase this warranty for them on their behalf.
  • Platinum Advantage Warranty — Available for coverage on appliances and systems in newly built homes. This warranty is purchased by the builder or manufacturer. This particular warranty is only available in select states.

The Bad

Builder Warranties Only

Many features that average homeowners are looking for in a home warranty company may not be present with Residential Warranty Company because the company caters primarily to builders, remodelers, and manufacturers.

However, since Residential Warranty Company's warranties are for newly constructed homes, builders, remodelers and manufacturers can purchase the warranty for their homes, then pass that value and peace of mind onto their homebuyers.

The company also has a wide selection of warranties to choose from, including the standard 10-year warranty, state-specific warranties, remodeling, commercial, building systems, HUD-Code, and more. Although the company caters specifically to builders, its offerings are still competitive in the industry.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

If you are a home builder, remodeler, or manufacturer, Residential Warranty Company (RWC) could be a great home warranty company option for you.

The company offers a variety of home warranty programs, allowing you to choose the option that will best suit your company’s building needs. And the company makes it easy to manage your warranties online through Warranty Express, RWC’s online customer portal.

In addition, RWC member builders can access additional insurance and have the opportunity to earn cash back through good claims experiences.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.3

Irene Orenchuk Edmonton, AB

All of my four stars review is exclusively for service provided by Lane C, General Manager. I was given this warranty with the purchase of my new home. Couple of days after I moved in a leakage was discovered in basement. Two plumbers have been called to find out the problem. Finally, the problem has been found (and I was charged $99): It was the main floor powder room faucet that aged and was leaking for a long time, causing damage to the floor and cabinets. Since this issue had been overlooked on the initial inspection, I called both home inspector and RWC. I called them and the person that I spoke with on the phone asked me my issue and told me that I would be covered if I submitted a claim and assured me I would be covered up to $500. I did two estimations and emailed them to the insurance company and again made a call to make sure they choose the one that seemed more reasonable/professional to them before I went forward with this replacement. Representative again assured me that I would definitely be approved upon processing and I can send them actual invoice. When the job was completed, I sent them invoice with the breakdown of parts and labor, (separate prices with part numbers) as well as a specific cause for the failure in writing from a licensed contractor fully expecting to get reimbursed. Three days later, I received a denial email based on a reason that made me think they're looking for reasons not to pay or they're trying to stall until I give up. Of course, I was furious because I was led to believe that my claim was going to be approved. I decided to just call the famous Lane, the name, I found on another reviews instead of writing a negative comments in social media. How surprised I was when my call was answered immediately, without this brain -scrambling tune interrupted every 20 seconds by a robotic intoning “You call is important to us. Please stay on the line….”. He was able to find my resubmitted paperwork and he approved my claim, and I received an email from him letting me know a check will be on the way within 30 business days. I could not be happier about how well and how easily he handled things for me. Thank you so much Lane! Irene