Residential Warranty Company Logo

Residential Warranty Company

Is This Your Business?

2.2

Residential Warranty Company is a group that specializes in home warranties for builders, remodelers, and manufacturers nationwide. Typical homeowners may want to look elsewhere for a home warranty unless they are overseeing the construction of a home. The company is headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and was founded in 1981.

American Home Shield Logo
#2 American Home Shield chevron_right
3.9
OneGuard Logo
#3 OneGuard chevron_right

The Good

• Simple warranty plan
  • Warranty is transferrable

Simple Warranty Plan

Residential Home Warranty's website states that "one short application enrolls the home." It can be easy for some consumers to get lost in the shuffle of plans, options, and limitations when it comes to purchasing a home warranty, and Residential keeps it simple with one straightforward plan.

Warranty Is Transferrable

A home warranty provided by Residential Home Warranty is transferable, meaning it can be carried on to the next owner if the home is sold. This typically helps a home sell faster on the real estate market and increases its value.

The Bad

• For builders only
  • Limited geographical availability

For Builders Only

Many features that average homeowners are looking for in a home warranty company may not be present with Residential Warranty Company because the company caters primarily to builders, remodelers, and manufacturers. This includes expensive fees for issues not just pertaining to appliances and systems, but structural components of homes.

Limited Geographical Availability

Residential Warranty Company's home warranty program is only available in the following states:

• Arkansas
  • Tennessee
  • West Virginia
  • District of Columbia

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

If you are a builder, remodeler, or manufacturer living in one of the 21 states listed above, Residential Warranty Company could be a very viable option for you. However, the majority of homeowners are not, so those individuals might want to look elsewhere for a home warranty company.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.3

Irene Orenchuk Edmonton, AB

All of my four stars review is exclusively for service provided by Lane C, General Manager. I was given this warranty with the purchase of my new home. Couple of days after I moved in a leakage was discovered in basement. Two plumbers have been called to find out the problem. Finally, the problem has been found (and I was charged $99): It was the main floor powder room faucet that aged and was leaking for a long time, causing damage to the floor and cabinets. Since this issue had been overlooked on the initial inspection, I called both home inspector and RWC. I called them and the person that I spoke with on the phone asked me my issue and told me that I would be covered if I submitted a claim and assured me I would be covered up to $500. I did two estimations and emailed them to the insurance company and again made a call to make sure they choose the one that seemed more reasonable/professional to them before I went forward with this replacement. Representative again assured me that I would definitely be approved upon processing and I can send them actual invoice. When the job was completed, I sent them invoice with the breakdown of parts and labor, (separate prices with part numbers) as well as a specific cause for the failure in writing from a licensed contractor fully expecting to get reimbursed. Three days later, I received a denial email based on a reason that made me think they're looking for reasons not to pay or they're trying to stall until I give up. Of course, I was furious because I was led to believe that my claim was going to be approved. I decided to just call the famous Lane, the name, I found on another reviews instead of writing a negative comments in social media. How surprised I was when my call was answered immediately, without this brain -scrambling tune interrupted every 20 seconds by a robotic intoning “You call is important to us. Please stay on the line….”. He was able to find my resubmitted paperwork and he approved my claim, and I received an email from him letting me know a check will be on the way within 30 business days. I could not be happier about how well and how easily he handled things for me. Thank you so much Lane! Irene

Ashutosh Sharma Coppell, TX

I wish I could give negative stars. This is a total scam company. I have the David W home in Irving TX and this company does the warranty. In all possible ways the guy - Ryan B will look for the excuse to deny the claim. If somehow he will be do it - it will be quick fix and cheap job. All the excuses/delay occurred due to Mr. Ryan. 1. First there is a tremendous amount of delay in terms of acknowledging the defect/issues. 2. Too much time to even come and inspect the issues. 3. Then every possible way to somehow refuse the issue as not warranted. 4. No response even after several reminders. 5. For the last 3 months, I have been requesting to provide me the contact details of a registered agent to pursue legal action. But RWC warranty provided no inputs.

john klingaman Hanover, PA

We had a builder that made mistakes and never came back to correct them , then 8 months later he went bankrupt,, but he did give us this warranty at settlement and said how good it was. first problem we had was a row of cement blocks would get wet when it rains, it was parched and the builder would not come back to check it out,,,so i turned to RWC. They could not help me because no water laid on the floor,, BUT yet the blocks were wet,, we danced around for months and all we could agree with was the blocks were wet, but the floor did not get any drops of water,, I probably could have put a little water on the floor and then let them look at the problem,, but I am not like that,, so now they will drop the claim because not rain on the floor,, funny we are in a drought and no rain for a month,,,, they said sorry, 30 days and pull the claim... the lady that talked with me was wonderful, she did her job, all she could read was no drops of water on floor,,, NO HELP,,, screw the wet blocks, we don't care , it seemed,,,

Kat Atlanta, GA

I had a claim back in February 2020 about my flooring. They ignored told me I was uninsured and then sent me RWC with my validation and the PDF booklet. I emailed my claim with all my information and they told me It was insufficient information. Now the water line is leaking my, roof is warping , my floor creeks and ducts are barely blowing in the master. I am definitely disappointed in DR Horton and more disappointed at how I'm being handled by RWC. It is very hard to get a live person and they will blame it on Covid. But it was hard to get a live person before Covid.

CaringDaughter Long Island City, NY

This company does not deserve any stars. WARNING, if you are a homeowner with a 'warranty' from Residential Home Warranty (RWC) you cannot rest assured. My parents experienced a foundation issue that they were at first told was covered but then were subsequently denied coverage. After hearing about the denial of their claim and RWC's exclusion of an important and critical fact in their ‘inspector' report, I decided to look into Residential Warranty Company, LLC. It appears denying claims is a standard practice with RWC. While my parents may have limited recourse with RWC, I have all the time in the world and will reach out to all my connections as I see appropriate to expose RWC for what it is…a company designed to maximize their own profits at the expense of unsuspecting home owners. Homeowners that typically do not have the means, time or wherewithal to fight a laborious process that is designed to screw them over. Additionally, I would be suspect of any builder choosing this company to cover their homes...as even a quick Google search will uncover their unscrupulous practices. Please do you research and protect yourselves!

Larry Thomas Saint Cloud, FL

I gave one star because that’s the lowest I could give. This company is utter trash 🗑 customer service is non existent. It runs as if it runs out of someone’s kitchen . Every call is transferred to a voice mail And you don’t receive a call back for atleast a month or when you are irate. And their only goal is to find a way that your problem is not covered. After a month of trying to speak to someone you have already found an alternative to fix the problem. I sent an email As their site states. I got a response in about 2 days (autoresponse) saying I will receive a call shortly. 3 weeks later I sent another email. Got no response. A week later another email and left voicemails. I finally got a response by email saying some agent emailed me a response saying I had gotten a response 2 weeks prior. I had never gotten it. Now they want to send it to me certified after he emailed it to me.. doesn’t change the lie that you sent it. I know reviews like this are going to be justified as someone angry they didn’t give me service . But I am upset about the trash customer service. And shell of a company

Annie K Hilliard, OH

We are very disappointed by the useless warranty that RWC Warranty provides and the unwillingness of RWC warranty to facilitate our case against the builder Fischer Homes of Columbus, Ohio and the HVAC company Airtron of Columbus, Ohio. We built a brand new home, still within 1 year warranty, in the Heritage Preserve in Hilliard, Ohio with a builder Fisher Homes of Columbus and the warranty company being RWC warranty. There have been ticking and clicking coming from the HVAC system, so frequent that it has been a maddening experience trying to live in our home. The HVAC company, Airtron of Columbus was in the home 5-6 times trying to fix the problem but seeing that there is no easy fix, they backed off and called it “normal.” The builder Fischer Homes of Columbus, directly sent us the warranty booklet that ticking is “normal” and refused to even look at the problem. We can’t even use some rooms in the house because of the clicking noises. When we contacted RWC warranty to help mediate the situation with the builder their first response was that the builder is unwilling to resolve the issue and they sent us the paperwork for arbitration. RWC warranty is a company that boasts to help builders in their arbitration cases against their customers. On the RWC website, under “case study #1: Arbitration? It works!” they describe a case of a customer with the same predicament as us with noisy ductwork and how the unfortunate customer arbitrated and lost their case. This is unacceptable for a warranty company that is also supposed to help customers, not just builders. This is a useless warranty offered by RWC warranty, especially when we are dealing with an extremely uncooperative builder Fischer Homes of Columbus, Ohio that does not even want to look at the problem. RWC Warranty provides no mediation service as written in their warranty and sends us straight to arbitration. Hopefully if enough unhappy customers provide negative reviews we can push builders to either select a better warranty company or remove the arbitration clauses from our building contracts.

Costa Homebuilders are TRASH!!!! Clairton, PA

RWS is a trash warranty company. Garbage Homebuilders like Costa Homebuilders Elizabeth, PA offer this 12 year crap warranty from RWC with the purchase of their low quality garbage built homes to make their customers feel better about selecting them as a builder. After living in my brand new Costa built fixer-upper for approximately two years I had a plumbing issue that cause a significant amount of damage, RWC covers none of it! Seems to me that this warranty company is suited more so for talentless builders and not the home owner.

Jason Poett Elgin, IL

Horrible company. After a leaking roof they said that it's not covered. It clearly was after I showed them the contract. Then they sent an "inspector" not a roofer. They couldn't determine the leak and blamed it on the bathroom on the opposite side of the house. Hired a roofer and they found the problem in 15 minutes. Fixed it for 400.00. They wanted me to fight it in arbitration for 350. Clearly just paid to fix it. This is beyond a doubt the most worthless company I have seen.

William Haggarty Suwanee, GA

After a bad experience, I am very happy to report IMMEDIATE action by management to resolve my issues.