Priority Home Warranty Logo

Priority Home Warranty

5.5

LAST UPDATED: May 26th, 2022

Priority Home Warranty is a fast-growing home warranty provider that focuses on offering easy, fast, and customizable solutions to customers. Launched in 2020, this home warranty company offers a variety of standard service contracts covering repairs for major home systems and appliances, in the event of a failure due to normal wear and tear. Consumers have three home warranty plans to choose from and can select the coverage that best fits their needs. Contracts are available month-to-month, annual, or multi-year.

Priority Home Warranty works with a network of 10,000 local contractors and service providers. However, customers have the option to have repairs done through a PHW partner or the service professional of their choice. When a covered item breaks down, claims can be submitted easily through the online service portal or over the phone (answered in-house 24/7).

Once claims are submitted, you should hear back within 48 hours. In the case of emergency repairs, as agreed to by the company, services can be expedited.

Keep reading for pros and cons of working with this home warranty provider.

The Good

• Customizable and Affordable Plans
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Customer Portal and Live Updates
  • Contractor Options
  • 90-Day Workmanship Guarantee

Customizable and Affordable Plans

Priority Home Warranty offers a choice among three plans at affordable rates. This includes the Total Home Care, Appliance Home Care, and Systems Home Care.

However, PHW clients can also customize each plan to their specific needs.

Systems

Cooktop/Oven/Stove/Range
Dishwasher
Garbage Disposal
Kitchen Refrigerator

In addition to Priority's standardized plans, a variety of optional coverage items are available for an additional monthly charge:

• Central Vacuum
  • Sump Pump
  • Tankless Water Heater
  • Water Softener
  • Well Pump

For more coverage and pricing information, we recommend calling Priority Home Warranty or visiting the website.

Discounts and Promotions

Priority Home Warranty is known to offer additional promotions and discounted programs throughout the year, so be sure to keep an eye out for those.

Customer Portal and Live Updates

Priority Home Warranty has made it extremely easy to view, maintain, and place claims through its Online Customer Portal. The portal is very user-friendly, making it convenient and easy for you to use and manage your policy. Priority Home Warranty even boasts that you can easily submit a claim in as little as 30 seconds.

However, that’s not all you can do through the Customer Portal. If you’re interested in knowing everything about your claim, Priority Home Warranty allows customers to live track their claims and get live status updates. The updates are great for keeping track of the following information:

• Who is coming to your home to do a repair
  • Knowing your technicians whereabouts
  • How long it will take your technician to reach your home

Contractor Options

As a homeowner, you can use an in-network service technician or choose your own. If you prefer to get your repairs done on your own, you can take cash instead.

Your contractor must be licensed, insured, bonded, and pre-approved by the warranty company.

90-Day Workmanship Guarantee

If the issue wasn't fixed, all work with this company's network of service providers is guaranteed for 90 days. This means that you will not need to pay any additional service call fee ($70) within that time period, for continued work on the same covered item.

The Bad

• Not Available Nationwide
  • Cancellation Fee

Not Available Nationwide

Priority Home Warranty is a young and growing company, but it’s not available nationwide. Currently, the service provider offers its services to those living in the following states:

Alaska Idaho Michigan New Jersey South Dakota
Colorado Indiana Mississippi North Dakota Tennessee
Connecticut Kansas Missouri Ohio West Virginia
Delaware Maine Montana Pennsylvania
Georgia Maryland Nebraska Rhode Island

Priority Home Warranty is currently working on expanding its service area. If it’s not available to you right now, it could be in the near future.

Cancellation Fee

If you read through Priority Home Warranty’s Terms of Use/Service Contract you’ll find that no matter when you cancel your home warranty contract, you’ll have to pay a $50 cancellation fee.

If you cancel within the first 30 days of your agreement, PHW will refund you the full agreement cost (minus the $50 cancellation fee and the cost of any claims paid).

If you cancel after the first 30 days, PHW will give you a prorated refund of the agreement cost based on the remaining term of your contract (again, minus the $50 cancellation fee and the cost of any claims paid).

The Bottom Line

Priority Home Warranty is a fast-growing home warranty provider that offers affordable rates and flexible home warranty service contracts. Depending on which home warranty plan you choose, Priority Home Warranty covers most regularly used major appliances and home systems that may break down over time. This includes things such as a water heater, HVAC system, heating system, and even things as small as a garage door opener.

For homeowners interested in knowing everything about their claim, Priority Home Warranty's Customer Portal is the perfect solution. Through the portal, customers can easily place, maintain, and view their claims. However, the portal also allows customers to live track their claims and get real-time status updates.

While the company does offer a 30 day money back guarantee, just remember that there is a $50 cancellation fee.

Have you worked with this service provider? Let us know about your experience, with a quick review below.

Call our recommended rep over at Priority Home Warranty below.

Curly Highness Ocala, FL

I enjoyed my session with Sean M who was very personable and knowledgeable in his field. He answered all my questions and eased my concerns so I could complete the transaction with confidence. I was very satisfied with all my discounts and the coverage that Priority Home Warranty provides. Pleasure doing business with you Sean!

John Hudson Arvada, CO

Mark was very helpful explaining the program with me . I have had some bad luck with other companies

cindy malone Ellicott City, MD

I do NOT under any circumstances, recommend this company. At all. For any reason. After submitting a claim for a broken heater on a Saturday, I was told I’d get a call within 24 hours. The call never came. I called customer service who told me the person I needed to speak with would “call me back at their convenience” when I mentioned that I had not gotten a call within 24 hours, as stated in the contract, she told me I should “mention that to” the person that calls me back. I received a call on Monday (after filing the claim Saturday) and was told nobody could come out until the next day. I couldn’t wait because we had no heat for almost 2 days and called an HVAC tech. After the diagnosis of needing an inducer fan, I was told by priority that “it takes 10 days for an inducer fan to go out (HUH!?!?)and that would have been in your 30 day waiting period”. They called the motor breaking preexisting because the said it would have been in the process of going out which makes zero sense. So I would not recommend this company because I paid over $800 out of pocket. Now I see why nobody I know uses a home warranty. There is no point. Save your money!

Gary Buffardi Norristown, PA

My wife and I were in the early stages of finding a reputable home warranty company. After thoroughly researching other companies, and after having an extensive phone conversation with Daniel Price at Priority Home Warranty sold me with his professionalism and transparency. He was able to honestly answer all my questions and had a superior knowledge base. We have comfortably made a conscious decision to go with Priority H.W. due to a plan Daniel offered us that fits our long term budget. Daniel's timely call was greatly appreciated. Gary and Audrey B. PA

Desmond DaCosta Portland, OR

The people seem warm and knowledgeable about there products and have very competitive rates. I am looking forward to see if they can live up to their, but so far I am very pleased.

Jeff Hogans Seattle, WA

Excellent service & follow through. They made sure we were contacted, that the repair was done and that we felt satisfied. It was wonderful to have someone watching out for us!

Frenchy LeMaire Saucier, MS

Talking to sales manager was very easy to got right to the point of what I was looking for and at an affordable price

Sam Roater Atlanta, GA

I was always treated and felt like family, With this company will be renewing for sure !

Felix Carmen Scranton, PA

Worth having the peace of mind! Always reliable and professional!

Jackson Tratter Wilmington, DE

One of their sales representatives Marcus was very very helpful!