Old Republic Home Protection Logo

Old Republic Home Protection

Is This Your Business?

3.1

Old Republic Home Protection was originally founded as Dependable Home Warranty in California back in 1974. It is currently the third largest home warranty company in the country. Its experience places it among the top home warranty companies in the U.S. The company has had an A+ Better Business Bureau rating for more than 20 years. Old Republic Home Protection aims to please homeowners over a long period of time by providing fast, friendly, and efficient customer service. Read Old Republic home warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Easy-to-find Quotes
  • Online Claim Request
  • High integrity standards
  • Helpful Website Resources
  • Warranty Plan Options for Real Estate Professionals

Easy-to-Find Quotes

Even many of the best home warranty companies will only tell you their prices once you request a quote, but Old Republic home warranty makes it easier than most companies we've seen. The customer is given a map of states where services are available. After the customer's state is selected, a few simple details about the property are requested, then three options are given to the potential customer, including PDF files of the full details. This is one of the best quote estimators we've found. The quote includes a general warranty price as well as the price of the trade service call fee. The ease of finding a quote for the warranty policy as well as the service fee makes Old Republic one of the more accessible home warranty coverage providers and makes it simple to know what you will pay for the home warranty.

Online Claim Request

Most service and claim requests can be handled online, but Old Republic Home Warranty company requests that you call their phone number if it is an emergency, or if you need to follow up on an existing order, request a recall on prior services, or have multiple requests. One of the most common complaints in negative home warranty reviews is the amount of time on hold when contacting home warranty companies to repair or replace a home appliance. Online service requests thin out the number of people tying up the phone lines. This way, you can request immediate service whether it be for a major appliance replacement or a simple repair due to wear and tear.

High Integrity Standards

There is evidence across Old Republic's website indicating they take their reputation seriously. Service providers are expected to hold high standards of "reliability, competence, integrity, and professionalism" to customers, and the company's overall Service Ethics are easily accessible from their main page. Old Republic is also a member of the National Home Service Contract Association. Apart from providing home warranty coverage, it's nice for customers to know that the warranty provider values honesty and openness. This gives customers peace of mind knowing Old Republic Home Protection is among the home warranty providers that values honesty and transparency.

Helpful Website Resources

Old Republic Home Protection has a helpful website that includes numerous resources for customers. Firstly, the website has an extensive blog that posts about numerous home-related topics, such as household tips, real estate marketing, real estate tips, home warranties, etc. Secondly, Old Republic Home Protection also has a FAQ page on its website that answers common questions relating to the home warranty industry. Resources like this could make it easier for a homeowner to learn more about Old Republic and the home warranty industry without having to call anyone or do a great deal of digging. The resources are easy to find and can be extremely helpful to homeowners and potential customers, especially if they are first-time home buyers and are looking for additional information. Old Republic home warranty reviews below also indicate that the home warranty company's website is easy to navigate.

Warranty Plan Options for Real Estate Professionals

Old Republic Home Protection has resources and plan options for homeowners as well as for real estate professionals. Many real estate agents include home warranties as a gift to buyers, so having resources specific to real estate agents makes it beneficial to do business with Old Republic Home Protection. Real estate agents have a toolbox, which gives them access to get an online quote, place an application, view/update an application, and customize marketing tools. Marketing tools include customizable newsletters, full-color e-cards, open house kits, farming tools, and much more. Agents can also refer a preferred contractor to Old Republic home warranty, which might result in an invite for the contractor to join the network.

The Bad

• Does Not Have Nationwide Service
  • Unclear Appliance Coverage

Does Not Have Nationwide Service

Old Republic only serves 25 states and Washington DC. A comprehensive map of where the company offers its services is included on its website, but customers in many northern states hoping to work with the warranty service provider are going to be disappointed.

Unclear Appliance Coverage

There is nothing on Old Republic's website indicating what specific appliances the contract and warranty plans cover. However, the company does offer a free PDF Homeowner's Tip Guide for customer's interested in making their own repairs. This lack of clarity when it comes to home warranties can lead customers to look elsewhere because they don't have quick access to what major appliances are covered by the warranty plans and what ones aren't. It would help if Old Republic was transparent about what repairs and replacements their home warranty cover on its website. Some Old Republic Home Protection reviews note this complaint as well.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Although the warranty provider's website is dated and specific appliance coverage isn't mentioned, Old Republic Home Protection seems to be a legitimate company in the home warranty industry and a viable option to cover the wear and tear of homeowners' major systems and appliances. Their easily accessible warranty service quotes were definitely helpful and they seem to have a high standard of integrity and customer service. Old Republic home warranty could definitely be worth a good look for customers thinking seriously about purchasing a home warranty plan. If you want further peace of mind that Old Republic Home Protection is right for you, consult Old Republic home warranty reviews below.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.5

Bruce W Las Vegas, NV

We were given several choices when selecting a home warranty company, and decided our realtor's connections with the local management at Old Republic (should any problems with coverage arise) gave them the edge in gaining our business. We closed on our house on a Thursday, and four days later the 23 year-old pool filtration pump failed. Our policy includes coverage for pool/spa problems. They had a guy out to the house within a couple days. It took another day for him to receive authorization to replace the pump he diagnosed as seized-up, and in less than a week it was running again and fully operational. If it were an AC failure in 115 degree heat that timeline would not have been acceptable, but under the circumstances we were satisfied with their overall responsiveness and willingness to cover the failure.

Donna Nickerson Easley, SC

I had purchased a condo in 2007 and had Old Republic in the purchase of the condo, meaning I needed to pay for one year up front, which at the time was $450. I paid it and by summer, my air conditioner died and Old Republic replaced it and I only to pay $55 (my cost) and the AC was at least $3,000. I also had a heater go out and Old Republic came in and replaced that. Once again, $55 out of my pocket and the OR paid for the rest. I had good experiences, prompt phone calls, polite associates and never really ran into any major problems. But that was over 10 years ago and I don't know how much Old Republic has changed over the years.

Jennifer Hargrave Gilbert, AZ

We have had Old Republic since we purchased our home 4 years ago this month. Every year I renew the warranty, which is around $1,000.00. I hate to write the check since we have only had to use the insurance twice, once for the garage and once for the garbage disposal. Both times the service was great and we only paid the $65.00 service fee. Simple math shows that I more than likely lost, but in Arizona with a pool and the abuse our air conditioners take I am willing to pay. Old Republic's customer service was friendly and my appointments were within 2 days of my call. Both service providers they sent were professional and had my items fixed that day.

Debra Gruber San Jacinto, CA

called Old Republic because my ceiling fan was not working, when someone came to look at it, they said that I damaged the remote. When I tried to replace the battery the wires came loose. I did not damage the remote. I have them several times regarding repairs, I can't remember a time that anything was covered. You pay 75.00 every time they send someone out, What a waste of money. When it is time to renew I won't deal with Old Republic

Kyle Booth ,

When I tried to use my home warranty to repair my dishwasher, the day after I moved in, the customer service representative firstly tried blaming me for the problem, secondly tried claiming the warranty doesn't cover appliances we did not test on the final walkthrough inspection, and lastly tried to scare me away from using my warranty all together claiming "there is a chance" the specific item I needed fixed isn't covered by the warranty and I would have to ultimately pay the repair man out of pocket. Save your money. This company is a scam.

John Gates Monroe, NC

Originally I had some trouble with Old Republic and the contractor they sent to fix my HVAC. However, Old Republic AND the contractor have made things right and our home warranty policy with them has saved me $7000 dollars. In the end, the policy has proven to be a great investment. I would only say this, ask questions and know exactly how things work when you make a claim BEFORE you have a problem. They are not good at explaining their process which can be really painful to go through when you have a house without heat or a refrigerator that's not working.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

Absolutely love Old Republic! They have a very user friendly website to navigate through all of the information to help decide what level fits your needs. Their customer service is helpful and considerate. If problems arise with the vendors, they are there to help resolve.

Tobi Beesley Italy, TX

Had to use twice this year! I ordered service call over the computer. They responded by the end of the day. One was same day service. Both companies that came out were very friendly and knowledgeable. They even had the parts on hand for my old a/c and my heater! I am very happy with the service I received!

jmarka Kingfisher, OK

Got policy as part of home closing. We had a clog and shower water was slow draining and also water began seeping at the base of the toilet. I called Old Republic and they assigned a plumber who came and said he needed to unclog the drain from the roof but needed insurance authorization. Old Republic contacted me and stated they did not cover unclogging from the roof. I told her the toilet should be pulled and unclogged from there since there needed to be a new seal anyway. She said they did not cover pulling the toilet. So, essentially the policy is worthless in my view. I should have research the reviews prior to closing on the house and tried to get a different company. As they say, hindsight is 20/20. No Old Republic for me in the future.

Kenyetta Meadows Columbus, GA

I bought a house two years ago and decided to use them. I called them about my garbage disposal and they said they didn't have anyone to come out so they authorized me to call a local contractor. Second time i called a year later my ac went out in the middle of 100 degree Georgia heat. I called on a Sunday and they hadn't called me by Monday evening i gave them a call. They claimed they would dispatch immediately. Here it is a week later and they claimed they couldn't get anyone out and authorized me to find a local contractor. I have an asthmatic son and elder father in my home and they would not budge. I told them I'm cancelling my service with them cause when i call, they can never seem to find someone to come out and i always have to pay outta pocket first and they compensate but it could take weeks for you to get your money back.

Margarita L Zuniga Mesa, AZ

I was dealing with a leak for over 5mos. Inexperience plumbing companies were sent and they could not located the leak. I fought to get them to approve out of their list to get a company with cameras. American Leake Co. found the leak and repaired it. I received approval from Old Republic to go ahead with the repairs. Two invoices were sent, I received the money for the first but not the second. I have tried since May to get someone to let me know why they are not paying. I have emailed, left messages, resent the invoice with no response.

Tom Phoenix, AZ

In March 2020, I paid $300 out of pocket for a handyman to complete a repair. THIS WAS PRE-AUTHORIZED BY OLD REPUBLIC. I submitted the receipt and invoice as told by Old Republic. It is now July 2020, and not only have I not received the $300 reimbursement check, but Old Republic has lied to me on multiple occasions that the check has been mailed out. I have had Old Republic as my warranty provider on one home since 2012 and on a second home since 2014. After years of frustration in dealing with them, this latest incident has put me over the top. Needless to say, I will be changing home warranty providers. VERY disappointed by the unprofessionalism of this company.

Bill Orlando, FL

If it is possible to give 0 stars I would. READ WHAT IS COVERED AND WHAT THEY WILL REPLACE IT WITH BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. I purchased warranty when I purchased a home. Primarily for coverage to the original AC Unit. Later I find out that they will only replace with a unit that they want to put in which is the cheapest option available whether it is a comparable unit or not. Will not give me that amount as credit and let me pay the additional to put in what I want to put in. They use the shadiest fly by night contractors they can find. Spend 30 min on hold just to have them tell you that they will call you back and then never do. Only positive thing I can say about them is that the people you talk to speak English as a first language.

LueAnne Martin Atlanta, GA

I just bought a condo which I got the Platinum home warranty . I have yet to receive a dime from them 3 months later . I live in a high rise/15 floor all glass floor to ceiling . Neither bedroom windows opens only balcony door . It started back in March when it got up in the low 90s . Went to turn on AC . Didn’t work . Called ORHP . For a contractor to enter my building you have to be Licensed & insured . Which makes sense . After several days giving me the run around & contractors name . None of them had license & insurance after my HOA office checked them out . So I had to find outside contractor . My HVAC unit is in closet w/hot water heater. So to get to drain & coil you basically have to be a HVAC contractor to take apart. He did . They approved . I paid contractor they refused to reimburse stating maintenance. When a HVAC tech has to take apart . That was a 4 day process of no air & burning up . The AC worked a full day went out again . The contractor & myself called them several times , talked with several different people. Was on hold for over 3 hrs at a time also sent email to (Biggest joke ever) [email protected] ORHP.com They stated they had NO record of calls or emails .Finally got approval for broken part 3 weeks later . Keep in mind Atlanta heat , NO AC. We put new control panel in . It worked all of 18 hrs & AC went out again . Cause the panel is new/strong it starts to fry older parts . So another part went bad . Contractor & I keep trying to get soneone AGAIN!!! Can’t get thru . Keep in mind ORHP will not let you have extension of rep to call back . When they leave a voice mail they never give a name just Hi this is Old Replubic calling . We finally get thru after over a week . Get approval . Fix that . After 1 day the safety water switch goes out . Flooding building . Main hall other units . No AC again . Keep in mind we are now June mid summer Atlanta heat no windows . Candles melting along with other stuff in house . Have 2 dogs . We are all put in a dangerous health risk. And damaging property cause they wouldnt approve replacement . Contractor & I both advice them of health risk emergency situation . My place was showing 92 degrees with blinds down . They waited days to call us back . Saying they approve replacement Stating that they wouldn’t even pay for 1/2 of replacing the HVAC unit . So it’s Mid June this started Mid March . Still have not received a DIME from them . Even after they had given approval for other repairs . STAY far away from this company ! Warranty is useless !!!!

MichealH Indio, CA

We bought a home that came with an Old Republic Home Warranty. We had a few minor things happen with the house that they covered with no problem but when it came to our Wolf double oven we had to battle with them every step of the way. They sent out a repairman, who we later found out wasn't Wolf certified, that totally didn't know what he was doing. Unfortunately, we found out on Thanksgiving (while trying to cook the turkey) that the bottom oven would only heat to 181 degrees. We never use the bottom unit so it wasn't something we even thought to check until we actually had to use it. Plus, that wasn't the issue he came out to fix/and it had worked BEFORE he "repaired" the unit so it didn't even cross our minds to test it after he left. We called Wolf to see what they could do for us--they said they wouldn't back anything that the repairman did because he wasn't certified by them. Okay. So we called Old Republic to see if they would cover the repair because it had only been 6 months since their repairman had been out. They said "No!" and said that we weren't covered anymore. We knew that already, cuz they sent us a notice that they weren't renewing our policy at the end of it's term (no surprise there cuz we actually used it) but we reminded them it had been only 6 months since the repair was done and that most parts (high priced parts no less) have a year warranty on them. We also pointed out that Wolf would have covered/stood behind the parts IF they had sent out a certified Wolf repairman to install them. They said they didn't care, it wasn't their problem and that we should have known that the repairman wasn't certified. Shame on us for trusting them to use certified Wolf repairmen to come into our home to repair our WOLF oven! Ugh. Wrapping this all up, and based on the reviews here, Old Republic is a horrible company. I would avoid them like the plague. If they can't even take it upon themselves to guarantee that the repairman that they send out are capable of doing the job/certified to do that job...they have no business being in this business. Seriously, folks, 1.5 stars should tell you all you need about this dud company. Do yourself a favor and find another company to insure you so you can avoid the hassles you'll face with this clown and pony show.

Jordan Laguna Niguel, CA

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with Old Republic's service. Renewed my policy online for the 3rd year in a row and continued my Ultimate coverage plus AC. My original policy when I purchased the home included roof repair coverage. Upon renewing, I was never given an option to add or remove the roof coverage, so I assumed it was included. Come rainy season, my roof has a leak. "No problem," I think to myself, "my home warranty will cover it!" Oh how wrong I was. See, their online system is buggy, meaning it NEVER gave me the option to either select or deselect coverage for roof repairs. It made it seem as if it was rolled into my Ultimate protection. NOPE. They inform me that just because THEIR system didn't inform me of the coverage THEY provide, I am out of luck. But OF COURSE, they would be happy to add the coverage back on AFTER I get the roof repaired out of pocket. This is a very shady way of doing business. I hope someone from the company reads this and helps me rectify the problem ASAP. I am one unhappy customer.

John Gates Monroe, NC

They sent a contractor out to inspect our broken HVAC gas pack who steered us away from the one brand that Old Republic will pay for and seemed completely unaware of the rules. That is until after the $7000.00 unit which Old Republic considers out of network was installed. This clause is not written into our policy and the IVR Plumbing and Electric rep who represented both IVR and Old Republic since Old Republic sent them, either had no knowledge of this or hid knowledge of it. After the installation Old Republic wanted to cash out at $2500.00 saving them over $4500.00. We declined and IVR has reinstalled our old, defective gas unit which is a carbon monoxide risk. We are still trying to reach a resolution. This is really looking bad either in terms of integrity or their ability to do the job.

Jennifer Wade Kansas City, MO

I could not be more disappointed in the service I received from Old Republic over the last few weeks. I have been a loyal customer for 15 years and today I learned that if your oven breaks- they will replace it. Unfortunately they will replace it with an any random oven- regardless of brand, color or dimension!! I have a cheaper version of my oven currently sitting in my dining room because it was too large to fit in my kitchen and cannot be installed. Rather than working to get me an oven that does fit, or simply replacing my current oven with the same make and model, they are charging me a 25% restocking fee to return it. As another option, they offered me a cash out at half the value of the new cheaper oven! What a scam!! Customer service has been terrible, and no one seems to care that I have paid for the Platinum protection plan and I have a useless oven in my dining room. Disappointed on so many levels with this company.

Brian Plano, TX

I have a service contract with this company. When there is a need (now) for repair, they have one contractor to do the job. The contractor is "All American Appliances and Air". The contractor came once and said it needed to order parts, they collected the service call fee, and did not come back form a very long time. I am still waiting. Calls this contractor were not answered. Try to contract "Old Republic", calls were going into infinite loop (the people who answered said they need to transferred to another department, which became an infinite wait. The system asked whether I wanted to have them call me back, if I said yes, the call would go back to the original state, which they would have to "transfer", and wait forever. Very bad company indeed.

LB Carlsbad, CA

I have had two separate claims made to Old Republic..the first for a air conditioner which didn’t cool no matter how low I put the temp it only would cool to 76 degreees, it is obviously a old unit the tech that was sent out agreed it needed to be replaced. After taking measurements and leaving I was contacted the next day by Old Republic and was told it had water damage from sprinklers although there are no sprinklers that hit it and the tech never mentioned anything about sprinkler damage...I DONT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!THEYLL DO ANYTHING SO THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY!!!! Moving on...needed my dishwasher repaired. Tech came out said I needed a new motor..he left after 2+ hours, said they have to get Old Republic to order parts. Tech came back after a few weeks installed pump and left (another 2+ hours). As of today 3 weeks later the dishwasher still is not working properly matter of fact can’t even use it!! I have another tech coming sent out by Old Republic ...fingers crossed, but not very hopeful. BTW over 10 prompts when you call in to Old Republic is Waaaay to many!!!! And then you never get to talk with anyone and have to leave your number for a call back because they are toooooo busy supposedly!!

Rob Queen Creek, AZ

RUN!! We recently purchased a home in Queen Creek AZ. Upon moving in, we discovered that the garbage disposal, sink and dishwasher failed to drain properly. While we have an inspection, the water wasnt run long enough and the dishwasher wasnt run long enough as well. I contacted this company to exercise my rights under the warranty. I explained to Keisha that it did appear that someone had attempted to repair it but it looked as though it was done incorrectly. She told me that if it looked like someone tampered with it, they do not cover it. REALLY??? Why am I at fault? I just moved in! Plus they charge you $75.00 to have someone come look at the problem. Its typical insurance. Pay the premium and they do anything they can to not honor their end of the bargain. RUN RUN RUN and do not fall into the same trap I just did.

Sandy Pooler, GA

I purchased my house in July 2016, it came with a platinum protection plan through Old Republic. I renewed the plan in 2017 and 2018 for $750 each year plus $100 for each service call. My dishwasher broke down twice within a few months of each other so that was $200 that I had to pay out. My dishwasher broke down again for the third time along with my refrigerator, I called them to have someone sent out and after a month and a half they still didn’t send anybody out to fix my refrigerator, not only did I not have a refrigerator for a month and a half but everything in there spoiled. I finally gave up and went to Home Depot and bought a new dishwasher and refrigerator for $3100. I did as cancellation online with Old Republic 5 months before it expired so hopefully they will do the right thing and refund me for the remaining 5 months. I now have a home warranty with another company that has much better ratings plus it is saving me $400 a year and the service calls are only $50.

Jason Bryant Meridianville, AL

As a first time homeowner, I have never had to deal with Home Warranties. At first, I was hopefully optimistic (or as optimistic as one can be when dealing with warranties). As the weeks have gone by, the optimism has changed to disappointment, to outright disgust. Old Republic Home Protection is terrible. It's gotten to the point where I would rather spoon my own eye out than deal with this company. It's been over a month since my fridge broke, and I've been eating canned beans and sausages, buying milk in pints and ice from gas stations. Every time I call in to get an update, a different person answers, and every person has different information. How is it that I can order Panamanian multi-colored fuzzy dice from Amazon, and have them delivered the next day, and yet it takes Old Republic 7 to 10 business days to get a part in? Oh, and heaven forbid the part is on back order, then it only takes 10 to 15 business days. According to the reps I spoke to, all of this is out of Old Republics' hands - that's just the way it is. in the world of Old Republic, it would take me 10 days to drive 10 miles to the local appliance store and get the part I need. Maybe Old Republic is still on the horse and buggy system, and doesn't yet know about internal combustion engines? ...Ten to fifteen business days later (give or take a business week or two)... The fridge was meant to be repaired today. The technician came out, started his work, unpacked the part, and realized that Old Republic had sent him the wrong compressor. Soon after the technician called it in, Old Republic called me, giving me an update. Hurrah for updates! Guess what - they had no idea how the wrong compressor was ordered, and it would take another 7 to 10 business days to get the right one on order. The rep was testy and defensive, she had no idea how this could have happened - or maybe it was because she had to field a call on a Saturday morning about how Old Republic had messed up. "Another unhappy costumer darling. What are we up to? Old Republic sure is on the leader-board now!" I have the eye, where is the spoon? So the fridge is unplugged, and a waste of space, a bit like some companies, and I am back to eating canned beans and chugging milk. The silver lining is that the sun still sets in the west, and water runs downhill, and the technician will be back out here in 7 to 10 business days.

jessica Redondo Beach, CA

The worst experience and service ever! I made an account so I can make this review. It took them over two months to finally compensate us for a new stove. They scheduled a tech to come to our home to fix our stove 6 times and out of those 6 times, the tech came twice. I don't know how many times a tech needs to come for them to realize that our stove is not fixable. Their constant miscommunication with each other and the techs severely inconvenienced us because we had to take work off all of those times and still no one would show up. We haven't been able to cook in our new home for 2 1/2 months now and by the time we get our new stove it will have been over 3 months without a stove. We called them at least 5 times a week to get updates ever since we moved in and nothing would be resolved. They are not reliable and I highly do not recommend this company!!!

Lewis Mettler Fair Oaks, CA

Old Republic refuses to conduct the requisite Diagnostic Analysis in order to determine what is wrong with covered equipment. Instead they do nothing until they force the home owner to do all the work delinated by Old Republic for Old Republic. Then they lie just to avoid coverage. Dear Mr. C, (Attorney for Old Republic) Please explain the fraud and breach of contract as committed by Comfort. Comfort was the first AC contractor scheduled for a service call by Old Republic to the above address. I paid the $75 service fee. Access to the AC equipment was provided. However, no meaningful or corrective action was performed. Not even the requisite Diagnostic Analysis. The Diagnostic Analysis as demanded of the property owner (not a licensed AC contractor) by Old Republic at least a half dozen times including one demand directly from the CEO. When Comfort arrived for the service call the technician was informed by me in person that the upstairs unit failed to produce sufficient cooling and the downstairs unit failed to provide adequate air flow. But, where is the professional work of Comfort. I have seen copies of the invoice from Old Republic for the Comfort visit. It actually falsely claims an analysis was conducted. But, no such analysis has ever been documented. And, since that time Comfort has told me that no such analysis was performed at all since Old Republic never paid for professional work to be completed. The failure to conduct the requisite Diagnostic Analysis can be confirmed simply because I was present at the time of the service call and NO such analysis was ever even attempted. Hint: It is absolutely essential to conduct the requisite Diagnostic Analysis to determine what if anything is wrong with the covered equipment and it is required in order to make any determination as to the required corrective action. Of course, yourself and Old Republic know that for a fact. Yet, Comfort refused to do so. I have requested documentation from Old Republic multiple times. Nothing that comfort did has ever been documented. That proves a breach of contract. I paid the premiums to Old Republic. And, I paid the service fee directly to Comfort. But, nothing was done. In fact, Comfort does not even know the make, model and capacity of the covered equipment. And, that is absolutely required before you can even assess the condition of the units. Go ahead. Document it. Document the upstairs unit that failed to produce cooling. Document the downstairs unit that failed to provide adequate air floor. And, provide the Diagnostic Analysis for both units just like Old Republic has demanded from the property owner / policy holder. Hint: The policy you wrote does not legally obligate the home owner to do the work required of Old Republic (and its AC contractors). But, Old Republic certainly knows what a diagnostic analysis is and why they need one. Otherwise, they would never demand that information from parties not obligated to provide it. The AC contractors selected by Old Republic should be licensed AC contractor and should be fully capable of providing that information. Comfort did not so because Old Republic instructed Comfort NOT to do so. Comfort itself said the same. Thus, Comfort did nothing at all. No analysis. No evaluation of why the covered equipment was failing. No recommended corrective action. And, thusly no corrective action at all. In fact, nothing was documented. Period. Certainly, no valid documentation was ever provided to the property owner by either Comfort or Old Republic. And, to this day, Old Republic claims to be ignorant. The Old Republic ignorance is proven positively by the fact that Old Republic including the CEO demand that the property owner provide the Diagnostic Analysis legally required to be performed by Old Republic. If you want to argue that Old Republic and their fake AC contractors are not required to do anything at all yet the property owner must provide to Old Republic a valid DA, then you can make that argument to the judge. You wrote the policy. So you should be able to point out to the judge precisely where it obligates the policy holder to do all of the work legally required of Old Republic. Hint: Old Republic intentionally committed fraud in issuing the policy. And, Old Republic intentionally breached the agreement. Prove me wrong. Document the work Old Republic did in furtherance of their legal obligations. Document the work that Comfort did in furtherance of their legal obligations. I paid the premiums. And, I paid for the service call. All I receive was fraud and breach of contract. Intentional persuant to the business plan put in place by the CEO of Old Republic. Again. Prove otherwise. The judge will want to see your work as well. Lewis A. Mettler Dear Mr. C, (Attorney for Old Republic) Please explain the fraud and breach of contract as committed by Trinity.. Trinity was the second AC contractor scheduled for a service call by Old Republic to the above address. I paid the $75 service fee. Access to the AC equipment was provided. However, no meaningful or corrective action was performed. Not even the requisite Diagnostic Analysis. The Diagnostic Analysis as demanded of the property owner (not a licensed AC contractor) by Old Republic at least a half dozen times including one demand directly from the CEO. Old Republic itself was legally obligated to have both Comfort and Trinity to perform the requisite Diagnostic Analysis. Instead, Old Republic fraudulently demanded the policy holder do the work of Old Republic. When Trinity arrived for the service call the technician was informed by me in person that the upstairs unit failed to produce sufficient cooling and the downstairs unit failed to provide adequate air flow. But, where is the professional work of Trinity?. Absolutely no documentation of the Trinity service call has been provided. In fact, Trinity claimed that the property was to be defrauded by NOT providing any such report much less any request of funding for corrective action. Although the policy paid for the service call absolutely no professional work was performed by Trinity. They even screwed up the freon charge trying to adjust the upstairs unit. The failure to conduct the requisite Diagnostic Analysis can be confirmed simply because I was present at the time of the service call and NO such analysis was ever even attempted. Hint: It is absolutely essential to conduct the requisite Diagnostic Analysis to determine what if anything is wrong with the covered equipment and it is required in order to make any determination as to the required corrective action. Of course, yourself and Old Republic know that for a fact. Yet, Trinity refused to do so and instead intentionally defrauded the property owner by refusing to provide any documentation at all. No documentation of corrective work. And, as per the demand by Old Republic, NO notice of any request for reimbursement for needed corrective work. Old Republic just lied and said no corrective work was requested by Trinity. I know that is a lie because Trinity informed me orally at the time of the service call that at a minimum, the compressor for the upstairs unit was defective. John at Trinity also informed my orally that he did not want to recommend the installation of a new compressor into a 28 year old system. Instead, a complete replacement was in order.. I have requested documentation from Old Republic multiple times. Nothing that Trinity did has ever been documented. Save for a vague claim that the upstairs unit was failing. That proves a breach of contract. I paid the premiums to Old Republic. And, I paid the service fee. But, nothing was done. And, Old Republic lied about the request for corrective action as submitted by Trinity. Instead, Old Republic again lied and claimed the Job was complete when absolutely no job or work was ever performed. Either by Comfort or Trinity. Despite the fact that Trinity recommended corrective action and Old Republic just lied and claimed that Trinity made no such recommendation. Everyone knows that is a lie because of my conversation with John (Trinity) at the time of the service call. At NO TIME did John ever suggest that either of the AC units were working correctly. And, no Diagnostic Analysis was performed which may document correctly operating systems. Not for the upstairs unit. And, not for the downstairs unit. In fact, Trinity does not even know the make, model and capacity of the covered equipment. And, that is absolutely required before you can even assess the condition of the units. Go ahead. Document it. Document the upstairs unit that failed to produce cooling. Document the downstairs unit that failed to provide adequate air floor. And, provide the Diagnostic Analysis for both units just like Old Republic has demanded from the property owner / policy holder. Hint: The policy you wrote does not legally obligate the home owner to do the work required of Old Republic (and its AC contractors). Of course you know that for a fact since you wrote the policy. No where does it require the property owner to do all of the work delineated by Old Republic for Old Republic if Old Republic refuses to perform and breaches the contract. Of course, it can not require that because such a policy would be illegal on its face. But, Old Republic certainly knows what a diagnostic analysis is and why they need one. Otherwise, they would never demand that information from parties not obligated to provide it. The AC contractors selected by Old Republic should be licensed AC contractor and should be fully capable of providing that information. Instead, Old Republic continues to demand such information from the policy holder. The most recent demand just yesterday. A fraudulent demand at that. Trinity did not so because Old Republic instructed Trinity NOT to do so. Thus, Trinity did nothing at all. No analysis. No evaluation of why the covered equipment was failing. Trinity did recommend corrective action but Old Republic lied and claimed that no such recommendation was ever submitted by Trinity to Old Republic. And, that is pure garbage. In fact, nothing was documented. Period. Old Republic even required Trinity to fraudulently NOT provided the property owner of any information. The Old Republic ignorance is proven positively by the fact that Old Republic including the CEO demand that the property owner provide the Diagnostic Analysis legally required to be performed by Old Republic. Both AC contractors (Comfort and Trinity) were instructed to defraud the property owner, refuse to perform the requisite Diagnostic Analysis of either AC unit, and perform no corrective action what so ever. Old Republic even went so far as to defraud the property owner by demanding that the AC contract NOT inform the property owner of any recommendation to Old Republic just so Old Republic could defraud the property owner by claiming the job is complete when Old Republic knew absolutely that no work was done and the recommendation by Trinity was not only refused but lied about its very existance. If you want to argue that Old Republic and their fake AC contractors are not required to do anything at all yet the property owner must provide to Old Republic a valid DA, then you can make that argument to the judge. You wrote the policy. So you should be able to point out to the judge precisely where it obligates the policy holder to do all of the work legally required of Old Republic should Old Republic intentionally breach the contract. Hint: Old Republic intentionally committed fraud in issuing the policy. And, Old Republic intentionally breached the agreement. Then continue to defraud the policy holder time and time again. The most recent attempt at fraud was persuant to your instructions to Old Republic as of a couple of days ago. Prove me wrong. Document the work Old Republic did in furtherance of their legal obligations. Document the work that Trinity did in furtherance of their legal obligations. I paid the premiums. And, I paid for the service call. All I receive was fraud and breach of contract. Intentional persuant to the business plan put in place by the CEO of Old Republic. Again. Prove otherwise. The judge will want to see your work as well. Lewis A. Mettler

Keith Cook Scottsdale, AZ

We have had our warranty for 1 year and are coming up in the renewal which we will NOT do. Very poor customer service. They do respond quickly but the technicians they contract are second rate. After checking around, I found out the reputable companies will it do business with Old republic so do t expect quality. We had about 10 things go wrong this year and they actually covered 3 of them. The other 7 were “not covered” even tho’ we paid for the highest coverage they offered. Of the 3 they did cover, they would not repair or replace with similar quality. Everything is cheap compared to what you had. In Summary it was just one bad experience after another. So glad to be DONE with Old Republic. I feel my stress level going down already. Bye Bye!!

Toby Singer Groveland, FL

We got this warranty with our home purchase. It was very helpful as we had some issues. Our dealings for the most part were very good except for sending us an unqualified repair company who made things worse and cost them more money. The problem is after having received a renewal notice they decided not to renew. The reason is it cost them too much money. So the reason they stay in business is to not renew those they do business with if the cost of providing service is too much. In this case they screwed themselves by dealing with poor repair companies. I would not use them and stay away they do not treat customers very well!!!

Elizabeth Moore Salisbury, NC

Received the plan through a home purchase, during the 1st year minor repairs, but the cost was $100.00 each time. So since things were good I extended the period and was told if my contractors were licensed and bonded and a problem came up I could use them and submit a bill if all questions were answered. Well the problems came up, 1st they called my contractor a lier and still had to replace the a/c unit with their contractor which took over 3 months. My contractor find many issues wrong with my furnace but warranty stated that they did not cover the furnace as their contractor did not find anything. Then there were several issues wrong in my electrical system and contacted a contractor to correct and fix. Was told after the fact that those issues should have been corrected before the sale and the owner should have corrected it That was funny as the owner was 6 ft under. The bottom line the Old Republic left me in a hold for over $2200 to pay and they are still wanting the $150 to complete the year out for service. All I can say is get everything in writing and what has happen to me (not once, but several times) Home warranties are only good for the Home Warranty companies.

ron king Laguna Niguel, CA

These people should not be in business. I took out my 1st contract in 2016. Had some problems getting a service man in my home regarding washing machine repair. After many days and several different contractors they finally solved my repair. Two days ago (Tuesday) I called them to fix my hot water tank. Lost hot water. They gave me a local contractor to call. I called and they told me they would put me on a waiting list for Thursday but did not promise to contact on Thursday. I cancelled them out. I called to get another contractor. I called 6 times over a 2 day period and got an answering machine. No one has ever called me back. In desperation I called a REAL plumber and he came and corrected my problem today Today I call New Republic to complain to a supervisor. They put me on hold and never picked up. After 30 minutes I hung up on them. In my opinion they should not be in business

SC Louisville, KY

I have had a service repair plan with Old Republic for nine years. The trade call fee has doubled during that time and the yearly cost has increased. However, the service has become worse. They have few local service companies on contract. A recent electrical request was routed through a company approximately 100 miles away thus scheduling becomes more difficult. While the company representative was courteous and arrived as expected . . .it took one week to have an outlet repaired. The cost of the plan is not worth the difficulty to have repairs completed. In addition, when calling customer service the wait time is becoming longer and longer. Over one hour on hold with four different departments was my last experience calling Old Republic. I am cancelling the service (actually they stated they do not allow cancellations!). I paid the plan renew fee ahead of time even though considering cancelling service and then the last service experience helped to clarify for me that the company is not providing service that is worth the cost of the plan, so am disputing on my credit card and I had to send a request by email to "ask" them to cancel and waive a $50.00 admin fee. I would not recommend this company to persons seeking a home warranty provider.

Randall Hicks Ingleside, TX

I had a circuit board go out on the dishwasher on October 4th. They couldn't get a service tech to come out so they had me find one. 5 minutes later I had an appointment for the following day. The tech said the circuit board fried on the dishwasher and gave me a quote to repair it. I forwarded it to Old Republic and they stalled and stalled and finally denied my claim. They stated that hurricane Harvey caused the circuit board to fry. HOWEVER we were using our dishwasher for a month and a half after the storm!! Hurricane came thru August 25th. Used the appliance up to October 4th. Do the math. I have my attorney working on this and since I'm retired and have nothing else to do but deal with this, they'll regret this decision to NOT honor their "so-called" home warranty.

Mam Allen, TX

WORST THINGS: 1. ORHP refused to renew the warranty with no concrete reason. 2. ORHP charged $300 for swimming pool warranty when they have documented it for $200. GOOD THINGS: 1. Short and sweet customer service 2. So far service professionals are okay

Kristian Blanchard Liberty Lake, WA

This is a horrible company. Customer service is a sham. When we had a plumbing problem we called for service. They had no in network providers (plumbers) and recommended I call a local one myself. When found a plumber, and called for a work authorization number, they refused to give any authorization. With my pipe leaking, a plumber standing in front of me of course I asked him to finish the work. Old Republic paid nothing. This a scam.

Patto Flower Mound, TX

Old Republic sent an UNLICENSED plumber to my home. He damaged my pipes!!!! In Texas you need to use licensed plumbers. PHANTOM PLUMBING in McKinney Texas is not a licenced plumber. When I called your company to ask why, the lady insisted because he had an LLC, he is licensed. That is not the process for plumber licensing. Old Republic should pay to fix the damage your service provider caused to my home!!!

Bao Vu Euless, TX

Even not worth 1 star !!! I have bought 6 contracts for 6 houses in 1 year. I never used them for 5 house I only use for 1 house, and it turn out you have to pay out of your pocket for almost everything ! Don’t believe : if we can not fix it, we replace it !!! You should know : if they can not fix small thing, then you HAVE TO PAY !!! Don’t, Don’t... Do not buy from this company !

Wildkat Independence, KY

My AC went out two weeks after I moved into my home. They kept coming up with reasons to deny my claim. I would present documents invalidating their reasoning and they’d just come up with a different reason. I spent three weeks and 8+ hours arguing with these people and finally gave up. Now I’m stuck with a $5000 bill. My situation is literally the reason you buy the warranty. Total scam.

Terry Bullhead City, AZ

Bought the Platinum Protection plan for my client. Called to make a claim & they told me I had ONLY purchased the Platinum plan ( at $500 ) & they do not cover outside plumbing. The repair seemed to be a water pressure regulator & they diagnosed it to be the shut off value without going there & looking. They were completely unhelpful. I will be advising all my future clients about them .

ken Maricopa, AZ

took 6 weeks to get an AC unit replaced in 110 degree weather. paid pool insurance repair was disallowed due to fine print. will not reply to emails. will not put anything in print, only voice. company contractors are the worst possible. rarely answer phones or return calls. never had a home warranty before so have nothing to compare them to but I would avoid this one.

SANDRA J STEPHENSON

This is my first time to have a home warranty. I had an issue with my refrigerator and my dishwasher. A tech was sent out on 7/19/17 to access my issues. Parts were ordered and set to my house. Next tech shows up on 8/15/17...27 days after my initial call and repaired the dishwasher. and then said he needed some more different parts for the refrigerator.....It has been a total of 48 days and my refrigerator still is not repaired. I have heard nothing.....want to know what I really think of this "non" service company

John E Johnson Jacksonville, FL

1. The customer service is great, they are very nice and answer phone quickly. 2. The problem is the contractors they use are "hit and miss", and I have to pay a $100 deductible. 3. The garage door broke, the company came days later, attached the metal chain. It now wobbles, and creaks and I called them to come out again and fix, and the company never showed up. 4. Some of their other contractors did a decent job; and they do come out rather promptly, so they are not the worst company. 5. The $100 deductible is quite steep.

Jess Root Gilbert, AZ

We were very glad to have the home warranty the very first day we were in our new home, as we hada plumbing issue. The service was prompt and as advertised.

Valerie Richter Janesville, WI

If I could give them a minus ten score I would. Two weeks with no AC after making claim and they don't care. two to 3 hours wait time to talk to anyone. 112 temperature. I am contacting my attorney tomorrow

Heather Phoenix, AZ

They fix nothing in my opinion and experience

Fawn Bishop Hemet, CA

never .....never..... recommend this company they just get money and they not responsible for any problem that is on contract, be aware stay away and save your money by not choosing them, you will never get service by them, horrible terrible, business.

Vic Simi Valley, CA

never recommend this company they just get money and they not responsible for any problem that is on contract,be aware stay away and save your money by not choosing them,you will never get service by them,horrible terrible.....

Mel Brooke Park City, UT

NEVER use this company. They dropped us after six years of service telling us the 1-2 times a year we used them for small fixes was too much. Screwed us big time since no one will give you home warranty protection once you are in your home.

MAHMOUD HAWILA Houston, TX

This company makes you pay a whole lot of money and does not resolve your issues when you need it. Paid a whole lot of money and when I needed repairs, they never resolved the issue. And still they called on the weekend to ask if I want to renew...........SCAMMERS! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Scott J Fallon, NV

Avoid at all cost, we’ve had this warranty for three years on our house, we’ve submitted four different claims and they have found a way to deny everyone of them. This warranty came with the purchase of the house. Do not under any circumstances pay to renew this useless home warranty.

Sharon Williams Mobile, AL

Only send out service repair contractors who work "normal business hours". What about all of us who have been paying and when you attempt to make a legitimate claim you are told they only work until 4:30 and DO NOT MAKE AFTER HOURS CALLS??????????????? Will not renew my contract and will NOT recommend this company to anyone! Sharon Williams

Olga Glazer Hussein Oceanside, CA

Horrible, horrible customer service. I have a platinum protection and they refused to fix my microwave even though my plan all appliances are covered. They have BBB with A+ rating, but that’s a huge lie, they do not deserve to be in BBB or receive a high score like that. Stay away from this company.