Nations Home Warranty was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Dallas. The company serves customers in Texas exclusively, and all operations are performed by Texas employees. The company offers home warranty products for homeowners as well as for those selling or buying properties.
Nations Home Warranty is best for Texas homeowners looking for pest control and lawn services as part of their home warranty coverage.
- Multiple Plans and Optional Upgrades
- Monthly and Annual Plans
- Pest Control and Lawn Services Included
Multiple Plans and Optional Upgrades
Nations Home Warranty offers its customers multiple plans to fit their needs and budget. Being that the company and all of its operations are based in Texas, plans are designed to meet the needs of those living in the Lone Star State. Here is a breakdown of Nations Home Warranty's coverage:
Basic Plan: $38 per Month or $455 per Year
- Air conditioning and equipment
- Heating system and equipment
- Carpet ants
- Ceiling fans and exhaust fans
- Electrical system
- GFCI devices
- General pest
- Garbage disposal
- Lawn fertilization
- Lawn pest control
- Lawn fire ants
- Lawn weed prevention and control
- Leak detection
- Built-in microwave oven
- Oven/range/cooktop/vent a hood
- Plumbing stoppage
- Plumbing system
- Re-key service and reprogrammable garage door remote
- R-410A refrigerant
- Rodent coverage
- Smoke detectors
- Sump Pump
- Trash compactor
- Water heater
- Garage door tune-up
- Carpet cleaning service
Preferred Plan: $43.50 per Month or $520 per Year
- Includes everything in the Basic Plan
- Subterranean termites
- Garage door opener (one unit/motor only)
Ultimate Plan: $52.50 per Month or $630 per Year
- Includes everything in the Basic Plan and the Preferred Plan
- Washer/dryer/primary kitchen refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
After you choose your home warranty package, you can also select additional items a la carte if there is a system or appliance you want coverage for that isn't included in your select plan. Pricing for individual items is as follows:
- Clothes washer and dryer set — $7.50 per month or $90 per year
- Construction modification package — $4.17 per month or $50 per year
- Freestanding freezer — $3.75 per month or $45 per year
- Garage door opener — $2.50 per month or $30 per year
- Lawn sprinkler system half-acre or less — $8.33 per month or $100 per year
- Plumbing external mainline protection — $6.25 per month or $75 per year
- Pool/spa equipment — $16 per month or $190 per year
- Primary kitchen refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser — $4.60 per month or $55 per year
- Subterranean termites — $4.40 per month or $53 per year
- Washer/dryer/primary kitchen refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser — $10.50 per month or $125 per year
- Well pump — $8.33 per month or $100 per year
- Well pump/booster/jet pump — $12.50 per month or $150 per year
- Wet bar refrigerator — $2.90 per month or $35 per year
- Wine cooler — $2.90 per month or $35 per year
- Premier Package — $8.50 per month or $100 per year
Monthly and Annual Plans
Unlike many of its competitors, Nations Home Warranty offers customers the option to pay for their coverage either monthly or annually. To do so, customers need to call the company to sign up for monthly installments.
Pest Control and Lawn Services Included
One of the unique options offered by Nations Home Warranty for its customers is the addition of pest and lawn control to its plans. The company's co-pays for these services are often above that charged for other services but less than paying for these services without a home warranty.
- Additional Fees for Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer
- High Service Fee, Confusing Information
- Nations Home Warranty Reviews
Additional Fees for Refrigerator and Washer/Dryer
Most of Nations Home Warranty's competitors include standard coverage for the home's kitchen refrigerator, washer, and dryer. The company offers coverage for these appliances as part of its Ultimate Plan or customers can opt to add them for an additional fee with the Basic Coverage Plan.
High Service Fee, Confusing Information
While coverage by Nations Home Warranty includes several areas that its competitors do not, customers are charged a service fee that is higher than what leading home warranty providers charge. The standard contract lists these fees but not in an easily understood fashion.
Nations Home Warranty Reviews
Unfortunately, Nations Home Warranty reviews are limited, so it's difficult to know how its warranty service compares to other home warranty providers in regards to customer satisfaction, company trustworthiness, quality of customer service, etc. We suggest looking into other service providers with more reviews to ensure you're doing business with a trusted company.
View Best Home Warranty Companies
The Bottom Line
Texas residents who are interested in finding a local home warranty service that includes pest control and lawn service would likely be satisfied with Nations Home Warranty. The company is transparent with its coverage, pricing, and policies and its coverage is both comprehensive and competitive, especially if choosing the Ultimate Plan.
However, if you are a Texas homeowner not interested in pest control and lawn services, Nations Home Warranty is likely not the company for you. Because the company's focus is based around these services, its plans don't include basic home warranty coverage like other companies. The major example of this is the company does not provide coverage for a refrigerator, washer, or dryer in its Basic Plan. You have to purchase this coverage individually for an additional monthly fee for each item. If this is warranty coverage you don't want to pay extra for, you're better off going with a provider that offers that coverage as a part of its basic warranty package.
Nations Home Warranty also has a high cost and service fee, especially if you're not looking for pest control and lawn services. Also with Nations Home Warranty reviews being limited, it's difficult to know how customers feel about the company and its offerings.
View Best Home Warranty Companies