LifeTime Home Warranty Logo

LifeTime Home Warranty

5.9

LAST UPDATED: December 3rd, 2022

LifeTime Home Warranty offers customizable home warranty plans to real estate professionals and homeowners throughout the United States.

The company's plans offer competitive coverage for systems and appliances, though you choose from two options.

LifeTime Home Warranty works to ensure repairs are durable. If a repair fails, the company will make necessary fixes without another service fee. This feature offers confidence in the service LifeTime Home Warranty delivers.

Compared to industry norms, LifeTime Home Warranty has a more favorable cancellation policy for members who cancel after 30 days.

More customer reviews would offer a better sense of the customer experience with claims, coverage, and customer service. However, LifeTime Home Warranty is worth considering.

Read LifeTime Home Warranty Reviews

The Good

• Customizable Home Warranty Coverage
  • Reliable Fixes
  • Favorable Cancellation Policy

Customizable Home Warranty Coverage

LifeTime Home Warranty offers two customizable plans to real estate professionals and homeowners.

Estimates on contract fee costs are not generally available online. However, you can provide personal information to request a quote online. The service fee is $75.

The Basic Plan covers plumbing stoppage, water heater, Whirlpool bathtub, oven, range, stove, cooktop, sump pump, built-in microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, trash compactor, ductwork, garage door opener, and ceiling exhaust fans. It also covers the plumbing and electrical systems.

Some home warranty companies offer plans that only cover appliances or home systems, so LifeTime's Basic Plan offers a nice mix.

With the Total Plan, you'll have the same coverage as the Basic Plan and coverage for the air conditioning system, heating system (two units), refrigerator, clothes washer, and a clothes dryer.

You can customize your home warranty plan with the following coverage options:

• Pool or spa
  • Well pump
  • Second stove or cooktop
  • Water softener

Reliable Fixes

LifeTime Home Warranty will connect you with a contractor within 24 hours after you request service under normal circumstances. If the repairs fail, the company will fix the repairs without another service fee. There is no time limit set on this commitment, which makes LifeTime Home Warranty attractive.

Favorable Cancellation Policy

You can cancel your contract within the first 30 days for a full refund of the contract fee minus any service costs incurred by LifeTime Home Warranty. This policy is standard for the industry.

After 30 days, you can cancel if LifeTime Home Warranty agrees. In this case, you'll receive a prorated refund of the contract fee minus a $100 administrative fee and any service costs paid by the company. If service costs are higher than the remaining contract fee, you'll receive no refund.

Although the administrative fee is fairly high for the industry, LifeTime Home Warranty stands out because it will not make clients pay the difference between remaining contract fees and incurred service costs.

If you're on a monthly payment plan and cancel after the first 30 days, you may be billed for the remaining contract fee in the circumstances outlined above.

Cancellation must be submitted in writing.

The Bad

• Minimal Customer Reviews
  • Fewer Plan Options
  • Exclusions and Limitations

Minimal Customer Reviews

Best Company has not received many customer reviews for LifeTime Home Warranty. Insight on the customer experience is limited.

Fewer Plan Options

Although LifeTime Home Warranty offers competitive coverage, it offers fewer plan options compared to some competitors.

Exclusions and Limitations

As standard for the industry, LifeTime Home Warranty only covers damage from normal wear and tear for specified appliances and systems. Since some parts of appliances and systems may not be covered, review your contract for specifics.

The home warranty company also does not take responsibility for negligence of the contractor performing the work. LifeTime Home Warranty will also not reimburse unauthorized work.

The Bottom Line

Although more customer insight would be beneficial, LifeTime Home Warranty offers competitive coverage, reasonable service fees, and a better than average cancellation policy.

Whether you choose the Basic Plan or the Total Plan, you can add covered items to the plan so it meets your needs.

While LifeTime Home Warranty charges an administrative fee and any service costs it paid if you cancel after the first 30 days, you won't have to pay any overage between the remaining contract fees and the combination of the administrative fee and service costs. Other companies would charge those overages.

4.0

Anthony Craig Glasgow, KY

Very friendly and explained everything completely. Very knowledgeable and informative. I’m a lot more comfortable knowing that in 30 days all the stress of breakdowns are taken care of!!

J Phoenix Fort Worth, TX

I have an exceptional experience with the customer service that I dealt with, answered all my questions to my satisfaction

JORGE Dallas, TX

You guys were great and the price was right. I was a customer of AHS for over 15 yrs but the quality of their services and high disapproval ate on my service orders was unbearable. Plus they were going to increase my premium from $76 to $99 upon renewal this month.

Susan Green Vancouver, WA

Representative was pleasant. He went through the plans and discounts available. He offered me the best plan for my needs. He explained how to stop the plan if I no longer needed it or was not happy with it. The overall experience was a good one.

Lidia Hemet, CA

When I first inquired about a home warranty online, I was getting nowhere trying to get a quote. Tree times I provided the requested info and no results, so I gave up. But Peter called me and long story short, I ended up switching from the Old Republic to Life Time Home Warranty. Peter was very knowledgeable, courteous, and patient. He was able to accommodate my needs and find great deals and discounts that the company offers. I was so pleased, I signed up for 5 years !!!! Well done!

Donna Hughes Porter, TX

Eric was very knowledgeable and professional. He was also very personable. I was on the wall with another company and Lifetime Home Warranty. Eric helped me make a knowledgeable decision. He took the time to answer ALL OF MY QUESTIONS! and he did it with a smile. He actually laughed at my jokes about being old. I would have loved to have him work for me (before I became disabled and can no longer no longer work. ) Thank you Eric for helping me! I look forward to finding out if Lifetime Home Warranty is as good as you are!

Keri Spokane, WA

Peter worked hard to find the best solution for my renewal rate and future options as well. He was very helpful and next year we will be signing a multi year deal that he spoke about. No hard sell just common sense and options for us to really think about. I’ve had a great experience and will be asking my friends who is a busy realtor to refer her clients to your company as well as my siblings and friends as well. I appreciate the courtesy and timely service!

Craig Lunde Hemet, CA

The pricing was very competitive and the coverage was excellent. I appreciated the honesty, professionalism, and friendliness of the salesperson, Steve.

Robert Berrios Hialeah, FL

Excellent customer service . Very informative and knowledgeable. Thorough explanation of how plan works. Patient when asked questions. All companies should train there employees like this.

Carolyn Knoxville, TN

Can't say enough good things about Steve C. He was honest and caring. So glad that we got to talk to each other. Have/had choice home warranty (🤢) and am so glad that Steve got in touch with me

Linda DeRienzo St Louis, MO

So far, I'd rate you excellent. I didn't have to talk to someone not in the US. I see your A+ BBB rating. So, we will see what happens if something does happen. Thanks for your helpful explanations. I didn't get that from Select Home Warranty.

Michael Conner League City, TX

The package put together for our needs was outstanding. Our representative was very helpful and knowledgeable. This is our first contract with Lifetime, and have no claim experience with them, however we don't expect to have an issue should we need servicing.

Eddie Streeter Phoenix, AZ

Phone representative was friendly, knowledgeable, and open to answer all questions and concerns. The product offerings are top of the line and the pricing turned out to be among the best in the market. Very pleasurable experience!

Mrs. Opperman Las Vegas, NV

The person I spoke with was Very Helpful in getting me started with this Home Warranty. Mr, M explained everything and made me feel extremely comfortable in joining this program. I’m happy to be apart of Life Time Home Warranty.

Roger Allen Cunard Austin, TX

Peter C was very friendly, patient and kind. He gave me all the information I neede to make a sound decision for our home warranty purchase. Peter took his time to explain all the plan and coverages for our home and emailed me with details. We now have peace of mind knowing if any appliance or equipment breaks or fails we have coverage with Lifetime Home Warranty and a low cost for technician repairs. I highly recommend Lifetime to our friends and neighbors.

Tess Hoskins Chicago, IL

Just signed up, so I can't say much yet. However I had called a few other companies to compare not only cost but the experience getting the information about plans. I chose LifeTime.

Cat Azle, TX

I was very pleased to have all my Questions answered as well as any additional information I Inquired about, they were able to answer. They also answered my concerns about Response time for our location as well as covering new items in a newly built home. They were very professional.

Dawn-Alena Rice Centralia, WA

I am a new customer and very satisfied with the quality of service from all representatives. All were professional, knowledgable, friendly, patient and extremely customer service oriented. I am sure I am going to be happy I joined the Lifetime Home Warranty family.

Jeff Brown McKinney, TX

I got a phone call even before I'd finished paying for the plan. I liked that they cover 5 pounds of A/C refrigerant when servicing A/C instead of what most others cover (e.g. $10/lb of refrigerant). The free pest service is nice, just wish there were 3 or 4 of them instead of 2/year.

andy moguez

My salesman was very helpful helping me understand policy (Bruce C) shopped around and you were best fit for what I was looking for . Hopefully we will be in this policy for many years to come. Thank You. Andy Moguez

Robert Grants Pass, OR

This home warranty company has a high ranking with very good reviews. The selected plan is very comprehensive in coverage. My experience with Peter C was great. Peter was able to get me discounts for my veteran status and a senior discount. He also suggested getting the 3 year plan to receive further incentives. Peter explained the plans in detail to me.

Christopher Edwards Chicago, IL

Thank you for looking out for us Vets I am so glad that I came across this company. I requested a quote and spoke with a professional who walked me through all features of the service. I felt very comfortable with my choice and will consider purchasing a multi-year plan. I want to see how the first 6 months go and adjust from there. Thank you for your regards for veterans. Semper Fi!

Marty Bocock Charlotte, NC

Excellent interaction! Looking forward to what I believe will be the best home warranty in the market.

Casey Schoepflin Edmonds, WA

I researched several home warranty companies and found this one to have the best pricing, coverage, and customer service.

Lisa Camden, AR

The agent who signed me up was super nice. He answered all my questions and I thought the monthly rate was reasonable and service fee was good also.

Joe Patterson Charles Town, WV

Scott C has been a blessing in responding to all my questions. Even though he sold me my policy in Sept he continues to answer my questions.

Hope McKenna

Bruce C. was professional, knowledgeable and very understanding! Explained every option available to me and was so easy to understand!! Many stars for Bruce!!!!

Harish Kumar Agarwal Apex, NC

I just got a contract with Lifetime HW. Mike and Eric helped me open a contract with a good offer that included labor day deals. I hope I will have a best experience as well.

Roxanne Hornberger Dodge City, KS

Peter was very patient. He explained everything including additional perks if I wanted. Gave me ample time to make a decision. If life time work as well as he did, you will have a very satisfied customer.

Frank Sohrabi San José, SJ

Just signed up with Lifetime Warranty, Seem to be a reputable company. Eric the regional manager was a big help in answering all my questions before signing me up. Also giving me all my possible options

George Glover Corpus Christi, TX

I have no experience with the company; I did like the service provided by Steve C in sales. He did his job thoroughly and covered all the bases, including discounts. My hope is that my experience going forward is as good.

Eric Lyndhurst, NJ

Fast response time they sent out a technician in like 15 hours and then in 2days and when my own technician couldn't fix it they sent out there's and there customer service is very good

Troy Sippio Baton Rouge, LA

Good customer service and good plan prices

Benjamin Bivona Houston, TX

Customer service was much better than other companies I have used before. Pricing is much more reasonable than others as well. With promotions and deals pricing was 50% less than others.

Susan Wilkins Rosedale, MD

I really was impressed with my conversation with Mike M he really made it easy to understand the warranty that I wanted to get and let me know what was the best plan that was available I'm glad that this company made it easy and listen to any questions you have thank you

Susan Barber Tacoma, WA

Signing up with this company was a snap. I’ve been with “another” company for 25 years and finally after their third failure to provide service I canceled my three home warranty. Please try this company and see how it works for you.

Susan Dake Louisville, KY

Mr. Collins explained the entire policy to me along with prices. I signed up and am hoping for an awesome experience if i have a claim. If i do I will recommend to all my friends. Great prices compared to American Home Shield, which i have had for many years, but their prices went up entirely too high to be affordable.

Monica New York, NY

I was a little hesitated about purchasing another home warranty plan, as I didn’t have good experience previously from other company’s. Although, I tried it again with Lifetime. 8 months in to my 14 months of coverage my AC wasn’t cooling. After submitting my claim online, and some email exchanges, a Lifetime service tech came late morning, and 2 hours later my home was cold again! Yippie!! Thank You!!

Layla&Tad Nolen Albuquerque, NM

New policyholder; still not out of waiting period. However, shopping around and this was the highest rated, best reviewed company for home warranty. With comparable coverage and add-ons, this contract is about $60 cheaper each month than the next leading company, plus a cancel-anytime option. Agent/Rep (Peter C.) was friendly and VERY knowledgeable. Looking forward to being a customer and continuing my patronage in the years to come.

Jorgo Ognenovski Bitola, 501

Buying an excellent insurance policy that covers everything was easy and was not expensive at all. Thanks, LifeTime Home Warranty.

Margery Mazor Baltimore, MD

Steve was very helpful and patient with all my questions about Lifetime home warranty. He helped get me the best deal with an extra add on.

Horace Hawkins Dallas, TX

Bruce, Was my agent and he was great. I found him to be very patient, knowledgeable and professional. It is not often that find good people like him. Yes, he is AMAZING!!

Ted Carteret, NJ

Great company very easy to get in contact with always send out technicians in 24 hour or less used them 3 times and only paid for the service call fee

Rich Union City, NJ

Wow There the best thing I ever did there customer service Amazing there technicians so quick to come out and they fix everything perfectly even helped me with my pool

Larry - Judy Crossley Summerville, SC

Steve C was great, I had just had a bad experience with Select HW, The neted me out with $61 for replacement of an unrepairable built-in microwave oven which cost me $245 to replace, and I had to install it myself.

Amber Phoenix, AZ

Mike was very helpful and available to answer all my questions. The plan options were a much needed savings relief after the purchase of our home. Now we have peace of mind for the next 6 years.

Kimberly and Simeon Martin Albuquerque, NM

Customer service representative was helpful and considering of our needs for coverage. He explained all of our features, and add on to the coverage. It's great to have a home warranty. To cover my home and appliances.

Kelly Brooks Indianapolis, IN

This was a fairly easy decision today thanks to Peter C. He explained all the details and even helped me to add-on some coverage on my home so I'm comfortable knowing if anything fails I covered!

Rosa Melvin Baltimore, MD

From beginning to end the representatives were courteous and informative. They took the time to answer and re-answer my questions with patience and courtesy. It was a pleasure speaking with them.

Michael Glissman Denham Springs, LA

The gentleman that helped me out over the phone was very knowledgeable is ironological of everything pricing prison very good will good we'll send business your way Thank you Michael Glassman