LifeTime Home Warranty Logo

LifeTime Home Warranty

5.9

LAST UPDATED: December 3rd, 2022

LifeTime Home Warranty offers customizable home warranty plans to real estate professionals and homeowners throughout the United States.

The company's plans offer competitive coverage for systems and appliances, though you choose from two options.

LifeTime Home Warranty works to ensure repairs are durable. If a repair fails, the company will make necessary fixes without another service fee. This feature offers confidence in the service LifeTime Home Warranty delivers.

Compared to industry norms, LifeTime Home Warranty has a more favorable cancellation policy for members who cancel after 30 days.

More customer reviews would offer a better sense of the customer experience with claims, coverage, and customer service. However, LifeTime Home Warranty is worth considering.

Read LifeTime Home Warranty Reviews

The Good

• Customizable Home Warranty Coverage
  • Reliable Fixes
  • Favorable Cancellation Policy

Customizable Home Warranty Coverage

LifeTime Home Warranty offers two customizable plans to real estate professionals and homeowners.

Estimates on contract fee costs are not generally available online. However, you can provide personal information to request a quote online. The service fee is $75.

The Basic Plan covers plumbing stoppage, water heater, Whirlpool bathtub, oven, range, stove, cooktop, sump pump, built-in microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, trash compactor, ductwork, garage door opener, and ceiling exhaust fans. It also covers the plumbing and electrical systems.

Some home warranty companies offer plans that only cover appliances or home systems, so LifeTime's Basic Plan offers a nice mix.

With the Total Plan, you'll have the same coverage as the Basic Plan and coverage for the air conditioning system, heating system (two units), refrigerator, clothes washer, and a clothes dryer.

You can customize your home warranty plan with the following coverage options:

• Pool or spa
  • Well pump
  • Second stove or cooktop
  • Water softener

Reliable Fixes

LifeTime Home Warranty will connect you with a contractor within 24 hours after you request service under normal circumstances. If the repairs fail, the company will fix the repairs without another service fee. There is no time limit set on this commitment, which makes LifeTime Home Warranty attractive.

Favorable Cancellation Policy

You can cancel your contract within the first 30 days for a full refund of the contract fee minus any service costs incurred by LifeTime Home Warranty. This policy is standard for the industry.

After 30 days, you can cancel if LifeTime Home Warranty agrees. In this case, you'll receive a prorated refund of the contract fee minus a $100 administrative fee and any service costs paid by the company. If service costs are higher than the remaining contract fee, you'll receive no refund.

Although the administrative fee is fairly high for the industry, LifeTime Home Warranty stands out because it will not make clients pay the difference between remaining contract fees and incurred service costs.

If you're on a monthly payment plan and cancel after the first 30 days, you may be billed for the remaining contract fee in the circumstances outlined above.

Cancellation must be submitted in writing.

The Bad

• Minimal Customer Reviews
  • Fewer Plan Options
  • Exclusions and Limitations

Minimal Customer Reviews

Best Company has not received many customer reviews for LifeTime Home Warranty. Insight on the customer experience is limited.

Fewer Plan Options

Although LifeTime Home Warranty offers competitive coverage, it offers fewer plan options compared to some competitors.

Exclusions and Limitations

As standard for the industry, LifeTime Home Warranty only covers damage from normal wear and tear for specified appliances and systems. Since some parts of appliances and systems may not be covered, review your contract for specifics.

The home warranty company also does not take responsibility for negligence of the contractor performing the work. LifeTime Home Warranty will also not reimburse unauthorized work.

The Bottom Line

Although more customer insight would be beneficial, LifeTime Home Warranty offers competitive coverage, reasonable service fees, and a better than average cancellation policy.

Whether you choose the Basic Plan or the Total Plan, you can add covered items to the plan so it meets your needs.

While LifeTime Home Warranty charges an administrative fee and any service costs it paid if you cancel after the first 30 days, you won't have to pay any overage between the remaining contract fees and the combination of the administrative fee and service costs. Other companies would charge those overages.

4.0

Nikki S Banning, CA

BUYER BEWARE!! After searching for days on end for a home warranty company I spoke with a really well trained salesman for Lifetime. I was lured with 2 free months, $200 discount, waiver of the normal 30 day start up and the promise that they would handle everything (one of my main concerns). My contract began 11-5-2022 and I had the unfortunate experience of having a plumbing stoppage about 2 weeks into my contract. Upon submitting a claim on their portal, 2 days went by before I received an email that I was approved for services up to $150 but anything over would need to be approved. Then I was surprised when they said I had to find my own technician! This is all on me now....I called 5 different plumbers in my area and found that using a snake, no matter what length, the lowest cost is $250. Plumber come out, all fixed. Then "I" have to pay up front, upload the invoice and wait for reimbursement. Calling customer service is a joke, both times I was on hold for 45 minutes to an hour before being told they'll call be back. This went on for about a week, when I finally called again on 11-21-2022 , still on hold for almost an hour, wanting to cancel my policy, the female CSR didn't have a clue but "would have someone call me back". 11-28-2022, no response. I called again, on hold 45 minutes, spoke with Bruce and finding out the the prior CSR didn't submit anything but I just wanted information on canceling. Bruce put in an order for cancellation. December 2, 2022 I received a message in their portal saying "We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately the plan is non cancellable as per section XII Part B of the service contract". Thank you. Per their online information under Terms & Conditions #9 "You may cancel this Agreement within the first 30 days of the order date for a full refund of the paid contract fees, less any service costs incurred by us". So I will submit a response and see what transpires, also a notice to the BBB, Yelp and this review although I don't see my money coming back to me. It's very sad that a company has to stoop to this level to get business.

Darla M El Dorado, KS

I just signed up a few months ago and I thought I'd done a reasonable job of checking out their ratings but obviously I didn't... when what you see is the average rating and so many people give a 5 star before they've actually had a claim, it gives other unsuspecting buyers the idea that this company is OK to do business with. I paid for a year all at once so that I got a lower price. Well I guess I'm just out the money after reading the actual reviews I'm seeing that too many people have been ripped off. I just turned in my 1st claim and received an immediate email response saying it was approved up to $150, find my own repairman, get pre-auth for anything over $150. Submit documents and get reimbursed, sounds easy right... nope. My 10 year old side by side fridge stopped freezing, 2 days before Thanksgiving! The cost of repairs is $800...I've sent in the documentation and heard nothing back. I've tried calling but all I get is a busy signal. I don't see a place to email me either. At least there are still some good deals out there on appliances due to the holiday sales. After reading all the complaints I don't expect to ever get anything from them. Stay away from this scam company!

Giana Matteo Chicago, IL

Like others have mentioned this company is a fraud. I had a service done that they made me find the repair company for. Was told my claim was approved, it's been almost 2 months now and they have yet to reimburse my claim. It's ridiculous. I'm in the process of finding a different company. I also got the "my computer is not working" BS from the CSR, and was put on hold. I used the message center to request status of my reimbursement and they ignored it. After leaving a bad review elsewhere they called me and left a message with no details. I prefer that all communication with this company be put in writing. Most of the good reviews on here are people who just signed up and haven't actually had to deal with getting a claim resolved. They comment on the great price etc. Beware!!! You get what you pay for for sure. NOTHING.

Lady V Markham, IL

If I could give a Zero I would the promises made by the rep Mike was all bull. They did not honor the contract refused to pay for repairs approved a submitted $400 dishwasher claim for $150 " check in the mail" that never came a d now will not answer my calls This warranty company is a rip off out fit.

Shavo Washington, DC

I have found this company to have awful customer service. When I originally open an account with them i closed another home warranty contract the same day. The salesman told me I because I was under contract with another home warranty company the day I took a contract with them the 30 grace period would be waved. I email my canceled contract to them and though everything was ok. 20 days later I filed a claim for a broken light switch. The claim came back denied stating I had not been with the company for 30 days. I sent over the canceled contract and they said we will investigate. I have not heard back since. I filed a claim about 20 days later and they approved me to have it fixed. I got it fixed, sent over the invoice for reimbursement. It has been over a month now that I have been calling and leaving messages in the portal just to see when and if the claim will be paid. I have been told many times someone will call me back (about 8 times now), to date no one has called me back. I just feed up and suggest anyone thinking about this company from my experience, pass them up. Horrible customer service.

Scott Gray Fort Myers, FL

After they are so attentive talking you into purchasing a policy that after you pay for it. The email is completely different them what was paid for. They do not let you cancel you policy. I canceled thirty minutes after I purchased the policy. Don't ever try to get in touch with them after the take your money. All you get is music on a hold button for over an hour then get disconnected. They know who is calling because of the caller ID. So they choose to answer new customers and ignore existing. STAY AWAY

Margaret Spikes Prattville, AL

This company has been a nightmare. When I signed up the gentleman told me that since I was coming from another provider, my coverage would start immediately and then when I got my package it started 30 days later and when calling back no one could make the change. Then my first AC claim was denied and when I read the fine print on the contract, they basically exclude EVERYTHING except the main unit so no help there and upon reading other "covered" systems it appears that is their norm. I then submitted a claim for pest control since it was a "free" service. I was approved up to $150 so I scheduled my service and uploaded my receipts afterwards that was in July. I messaged them on August 8th and was told a week later that my reimbursement would be received within 30 days. It is now Oct 25th and I still have not received my payment. I called but now their number is saying the caller is unavailable. They make sure you know if you cancel you can never come back and at this point I never would want to. I'll go with one of the more known companies that are at least upfront about what they will or will not cover. I will also be reporting them to the BBB!

Don F Brown Tampa, FL

I am having a major problem with Lifetime Home Warranty in covering a broken burner on my range. Back in April of this year, I paid Lifetime Home Warranty $459.00 for a one (1) year policy that took effect in May 2022. In September I filed a claim with them on-line for the non-working large right hand front burner on my 10 year old Maytag Range. I received the return message below. Please notice the last line in the message… “Hello Don…This claim has been marked as Approved in the amount of ($100.00 (Repairs exceed value of unit). Please allow up to 30 days for reimbursement. Thank you.” Hello Don, Claim #: 608787-223812 Component: Oven/Range/Stove ISSUE - Right hand front burner not working All repair estimates BELOW $150 are pre-approved for reimbursement. You may proceed with this repair. All repair estimates ABOVE $150 must be pre-authorized for reimbursement. DO NOT proceed without approval Hello Don, This claim has been marked as Approved in the amount of ($100.00 (Repairs exceed value of unit)). Please allow up to 30 days for reimbursement. Thank you. I didn’t quite understand what this meant so I called the customer service number at 800-634-1914 to ask for clarification. They couldn’t tell me but they would issue a ticket for clarification and I would hear from somebody. But there was no call. So I called back and got a different customer service rep and went through the same scenario again. I wanted to know if Lifetime Home Warranty was only covering $100 on the claim of $462.03 or will they be replacing the range because repairs exceed the value of the range? The e-mail was not clear, in my mind. Again no return call. So I called again and was told that I would have to communicate with Lifetime through the message center on the customer portal of the website. So I did…eleven (11) times. I finally got the answer that Lifetime was only covering $100 of the $463.03 cost of repair. The agreement I made in return for my premium payment of $459.00 says that Lifetime will fix or replace the broken appliance. Unfortunately, the only phone number provided…800-634-1914 is useless. You can’t speak to anyone in charge. By the way, I went on-line and researched the cost of the burner element for my Maytag range and found the cost to be from $200.00 - $250.00. So, the charge for the new burner unit on the repair estimate is not out of line. Lifetime Home Warranty is a Rip-Off.

Christine Taylor West Jordan, UT

I bought the lifetime home warranty total protection plan on 4/23/22. I put a claim in stating I have a leak somewhere under my sink or it may be my disposal. They denied my claim stating they don’t cover leaked. The warranty covers the “plumbing system” and “plumbing stoppage” and when I spoke to the agent that signed me up he stated that the plumbing plan covered indoor leaks. I then asked them to cancel my policy. They said that the policy cannot be canceled. I have contacted the attorney general in Delaware and also the BBB. The leak got so bad it caved my downstairs ceiling and ruined an entire wall. I owned several properties for 18 years and I have had them all covered under home warranties. I have NEVER been declined for a leak. I am now considering legal action. Do not give this fraudulent company any of your money. They claim they cover everything but, they don’t. Go the the BBB page and look at all the complaints. They are CONS falsifying their marketing and advertising.

Adam J. Joskowicz Havertown, PA

BEWARE! If there was “0” rating - this is what they would get…..they are nice to sell you the plan but there be “DENIED” response to your claim!!! BEWARE,!!! REQUEST THE SERVICE CONTRACT BEFORE YOU BUY!!! Check Section V Part F of what is NOT COVERED! which will be the reason they will deny your claim. F.ex. The Plumbing System should be covered in their “Total Protection” - but Plumbing Leaks” are NOT!!! according to Section V F. …

rosie North Hollywood, CA

Very disappointed with the company. they lied about what they covered and will not refund my money. i am trying to cancel my policy, and they refuse to refund me. i just purchased the policy in August 2022 and have been trying to cancel since, but I can not speak to anyone who can help. your call goes to a call center, and the people cannot do anything for you other than take a message. do not purchase contracts from them since once they get your money they don't provide service

Lifetime Home Warranty South Bend, IN

We filed a claim for our water heater leaking 2xs got the run around!All you can talk to is a call center.After we waited to hear from a technician (still waiting after a week)we replaced the heater ourselves to prevent more water damage from the leak!This place sucks!!!Do your research! I feel scammed and threw 499.00 away I don’t have.Mike & his crew ought to be ashamed!

Michael Homady Mesa, AZ

I signed up a month ago and my payment went through. Now that I need service they are saying my second payment didn't go through. I contacted my bank and no payment was ever sent to the bank and there was never an issue with the card on file. I have now been trying to get somebody from customer service to contact me for over 5 days and they will not return my call. I have started the process of looking for another company and I am ditching this one.

Chris Redfield Palm Coast, FL

total scam---they collect up front you place a claim and never hear from them so you call---no one can tell you anything all they say is check the website they do not know anything---it is baffling that they have people answering the phones at all because they know nothing---this has class action lawsuit written all over it---I will be reversing the charges on my credit card immediately ---run from these crooks I tried to get info on their CEO to contact him but he is sequestered completely. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY OF YOUR MONEY

Glenda Lee Nazario Houston, TX

This company is a total fraud. First, in August I was charged twice for the month, I called a few times and the person who answered always said the same, "my computer is not working someone will call you back in 24 hours", never received a call back. I sent a few messages through their portal and finally someone replied one of them saying that my account was going to be credited, which never happened. They charged me twice again in September, I have been calling and they said the same, "my computer is not working someone will call you back in 24hrs". Two days ago, I made a claim for my AC Unit, today I received an email saying that my claim was approved and to contact any service technician of my choice and they will reimburse me for the diagnosis and repairs. I called because that is not what the contract agreement says and guess what the lady told me over the phone?!?!...EXACTLY!! She told me, "My computer is not working, we will have someone call you in the next 24 hours". Are you kidding me!!! I'm still waiting for the refund for the double charges, and you think they will refund me the repairs?? Of course, is not going to happen! Stay away from this company, they are total scammers.

Crystal G Port Huron, MI

Reviews are given within 24 hrs after the sale to get a free month. That’s what I did and why I’m sure ratings look good. Once I had to use the warranty I found they will not talk to you, everything is through messages online. They didn’t provide me access to my contract and I had to ask many times to only find they lied and said something wasn’t covered when it clearly was. They lied to BBB and said they attempted to contact me. They refused to participate in informal mediation with the consumer protection unit in Delaware so now it has to go to review meanwhile months later I have no resolution or even contact with them. If you have a complaint I would file with the attorney general in Delaware. They are a newer company and it sounded real good but found out just how untrustworthy they are.

paramjit kaur Antioch, CA

STOP STOP STOP DO NOT BUY INSURANCE WITH THIS COMPANY THIS COMPANY IS FRAUD SCAM I BOUGHT 4 PROPERTIES INSURANCE$ 2694.00FOR 2 PROPERTY AND 2420.00 FOR ANOTHER TWO PROPERTIES WHEN I HAD 3 CLAIMS FROM JUNE THEY NEVER PAID FOR THE CLAIMES AND KEEPT ON ASIKNIG TO WAIT AND SENDING ME TICKETS AFTER TICKETS SAYIN SORRY IT IS TAKING TOO LONG AND IT IS END OF SEPTEMBER . WHEN I GOT TIRED OF WAITING I ASKED TO CANCEL MY POLICIES THEN MICHEAL H AGAVE ME CALL AND ASKED ME TO SIGN THE PAPER TO CANCE THE POLICE WITH IN 10 MINUTES HE WILL SEND ME REFUND I SINNED THE PAPER ON 9/21/2022 AND STILL DID NOT GET REFUND I POSTED THE 2 LEGIT REVIEW ABOUT THIR SAME SUCKER WORK THEN MICHEAL CALLED ME THAT IF YOU WANT THE MONEY BACK DELET THE REVIEW.BOTHE THE REVIEW HE MADE ME TO REMOVE. AND HE WAS THREATING ME THAT IF I DID NOT DELETE THE REVIEW I WILL NOT GET THE REFUND AND HE ASKED ME TO SIG THE PAPERS SOON TO GET REFUND. TODAY I GOT THE EMAIL THAT I SIGND THE PAPERS I WILL NOT GET REFUND. IT WAS CHEATING. SO IM GOING TO CALL THE 7 ON YOU R SIDE IF ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO REACH OUT TO GET TOTHATHER PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL

Wanda Hofler Williamsburg, VA

Horrible!!! What an Experience attempting to get a plumber to fix a leaking faucet under the kitchen sink. Placed the call, left policy #, name, etc. Absolutely no return phone call back from the customer service department to file a service I was attempting to request service. Icontacted the sale person who sold me the home warranty coverage, he indicated he'd check with the service department, and call me back. GUESS WHAT? I never received a called from him either. I called 4xs and was finally told that I could call a repair company and go from there. Unfortunately, I paid out of pocket to have the drip repaired. So my question to you, Why am I paying monthly fees to Life Time Home Warranty if they do not provide the service they indicate is covered? I canceled the home warranty policy and have gone with a different warranty company. Be careful if you are searching for a decent honest company, as with most, they make it sound good, but is it really??? BUYER BEWARE!!!

EA San Diego, CA

I would give this company a zero star rating if possible. They were very quick to take my money when I signed up but just try to open a claim, you will see how bad they all. I was told I’d hear within 24 hours and here it is over 48 hours and I have heard nothing. When you contact the customer support (which is an oxymoron) all you get is all correspondence is via email or the portal. But if you get no correspondence there is nothing anyone can do other than they keep saying all correspondence is via email or the portal. Ask to talk to someone in management good luck. At this point I am not sure they are a real company with employees or just a contact center to answer calls and provide no information.

Kodi D. Winnemucca, NV

They have to be paying people to write good reviews of their company because these ratings are a joke. I submitted a claim to get my AC fixed. They advertise that they find someone to come to you for a $75 fee. I got a message saying I had to go ahead and find someone one my own and that they would only cover up to $150 for diagnosis and preapproval would be needed if it is over that much. NO COMPANIES work with these warranty companies!! I was quoted finally for someone to come out for $350. I notified Lifetime Home Warranty to get approval and never got a call back. When you call it is a call center and they have nothing to do with the warranty company itself. I left 4 messages and filed 2 more claims in an attempt to get someone to call and they never did. After dealing with this for 3 months, I am now trying to cancel my policy because of their lack of service and they state I had to cancel within the first 30 days if I was dissatisfied. You can't even file a claim within the first 30 days so how would anyone know that they won't cover their appliances until after the waiting period. This place is a scam. Call your local service departments and find out if they even work with warranty companies before selecting any of them!!!

Mary Ellen Lee Gilbert, AZ

If you have a claim you cannot speak to a person about that claim. You have to use the message center. If you call customer service they will tell you that they can't see any notes on your claim and that they can just tell the claim team to email you. I am going on 7 days without a response for a non-working appliance. I have been told as well that they are short staffed and so they are getting a lot of phone calls just like mine. So LOTS of people are not getting their claims handled in a timely manner. So if you want a company that doesn't have a process for you to speak to any one without a claim then this is the company for you. I have had home warranties in the past on multiple properties and never have had the experience like I had with this company. It is disappointing to say the least. I greatly feel like I have been scammed. Do NOT go with a home warranty company where you can't get to a live person on a claim. I have never heard of this practice.

DR Houston, TX

my title company bought a life time home warranty for our new home. when i tried to use it they never took care of my claim. when I started calling weekly you never tlk to any one just call center people who always say you will get a call within 24 hours never got one. now what they did is cancel my account so I have no acccess to it. when I file a bad review they requested doc that I could not provide since my account does not exist! this is absolutely not right and does not deserve a descent rating. they could just have reached out to me and clear this but they never did! thinkking abut reaching out to an attorney.

Sal Rafee Ardmore, PA

It's a scam! NOT a legitimate company at all! They only collect premiums and ZERO coverage -- Even with approved claims. There's NO customer service, only an operator who can't see your accounts or claims, completely useless. We need to report them for fraud!

Rodney Sparks San Antonio, TX

If I could have put 0 stares I would if this helps anyone not make the mistake i did but dealing with this company I have done my job. I am a 100% disable vet this company called me and promised me that they would cover things that they could not. They said I can cancel whenever I wanted another lie I had to put a stop check on them and when i tried to cancel they said i could not. PLEASE PLEASE DONT DO IT THEY HAVE NO HONOR AND BAD BUSINESS AS WELL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IT IS TRASH.

Cinthya Raudales Tucson, AZ

I have been a Realtor in Arizona for 14 years. I would not recommend this company to any realtor or client. And as a matter of fact I will make sure all realtors in the Arizona real estate agent forum (14,000 members) know that this company is the WORST you could possibly recommend to a client. There is no way you can talk to anyone but a person in a call center who can only keep saying they will have someone call you but no one ever does. You can't put a claim in tbe website. It does not go through. People who try to put claims on the site can't either. And they just keep saying someone will call. Absolutely disappointed that a client of mine chose to pick this company. I might tell them to call consumer protection. This is not our first rodeo either. Other 2 times we just had to call a contractor directly to fix tbe problem. A BIG waste of money. Don't buy.

Dynamiteprops

Put in AC claim because it wasn't working. It took days for them to reply. DAYS. Then they said, after 3 months of owning the house, I hadn't maintained the AC... though every HVAC Guy says there is no maintenance under 3 months! Then, water heater dies at 6pm Wed. I submit claim. 23 hrs 30 min later they "approve"me to get a diagnosis - after biz close on Th = if I could find a plumber the next day, Friday, then they wouldn't get back to me with a replacement spherical approval until Monday = replaced Tuesday, at the SOONEST! They knew the water heater was 29 years old... no hot water... what else could be the solution other than needing a new one? Just terrible. I asked for a refund if the 2 years 8 months of the policy... they denied me. Oh, you have to message them in their system to get any response. To anything. Calls take messages only. Worst warranty Co I've ever had.

John Klapp Chicago, IL

So far I have been extremely disappointed in my choice to use LHW. You can only reach Customer Service, who can do nothing other than open a ticket. After my first claim was denied, basically stating that almost no components in my refrigerator were covered under their warranty, I requested a cancellation and refund and was ignored multiple times. Finally I was contacted by my claim representative and offered a $300 reimbursement since they couldn't do anything to help me about the refrigerator. Unfortunately more than 30 days later, I have still not received that reimbursement. At this point I firmly believe that it was simply a waste of money to contract this company for appliance insurance

Gary Balliet DE

READ THIS ONE IF NO OTHER. Thinking about getting Lifetime Home Warranty for a home warranty plan? Think again! I signed up to the tune of $2565 . Then I called the BBB and they directed me to a review page. O.M.G. I immediately got back on the phone and cancelled my plan. After the expected shuffle among agents "Why do you want to cancel" it was stated I would get a full refund. I even got an Email that the transaction was complete and my refund returned to my card.. {sigh of relief} Two weeks later the charge comes on my credit card bill. I immediately called my credit card and reported it to FRAUD. I then called the agent who I worked with. He could not find the transaction stating it was cancelled. He then stated he would file a "ticket" to credit my card. Still waiting. This "ticket" is also their method of handling claims.

Abhi Bothell, WA

WARNING: SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. IT'S A SCAM. DO NOT GET SEDUCED BY THE SALESMEN'S SWEET TALK. ALL ARE LIES. Once you sign up and you call, a remote call center answers your phone call or when you go online and request for service, you will get a Ticket #....that's it, nothing else happens. There's no claims department, no billing department, no superviser/manager. The only thing available is customer service and all they can do is to file a ticket. Until now, I've been told to have 10 tickets opened marked as urgent with no contact whatsoever. I paid $450 and when I asked to raise a claim, I was told an urgent ticket has been opened and someone would contact me. But no one ever contacted me. If you ask for superviser or something different, they would just hug up on you. This seems like the usual practice from this company. I regret that I didn't read the reviews earlier. I have already complaint to BBB and waiting for their action. This is the worst Home Warranty Company I have encountered in my life. They should be immediately shut down.

JT Adams Austin, TX

I have totally had it with Lifetime Home Warranty! I signed up because it had good reviews. I do not know how that happened because they have probably the very worst customer service as any business I have dealt with! I have made numerous calls and sent numerous messages asking to speak with someone about this to no avail. The only thing customer service reps can do is write up what they call a “ticket” that they send to someplace. They cannot transfer a call and cannot provide anything else except a ticket. Thoroughly disgusted, I asked that my contract be cancelled to which I was sent a message saying my contract is “non-cancelable”. The clause from the contract they quote has no words to that effect, yet gives detailed instructions for doing so before and after 30 days of purchase. They will not call to talk to me about it, nor will they simply cancel. DO NOT contract with them!

Albina Pace Katy, TX

the worse company ever. after they refused to fix the issues which was covered, they failed to respond to numerous tickets. nobody calls after the ticket was created. After requested to cancel the policy due to it was still within 30 days, they decided to send the technician. however, the problem was already fixed by us out of pocket. I had to send them a certified letter requesting cancelling the policy and refunding me the money. My account was deleted but I did not get any money back yet. I notified my credit card to get the charge disputed and I submitted to the BBB the poor review too. Stay away from them!!!!!!

Annie B. Houston, TX

STAY AWAY! Terrible company that is not honest. They signed me up & said I had to wait 30 days before using the policy and then when I filed a claim fir my dishwasher leaking water all over the floor I got an electronic message saying “leaks aren’t covered”. I was promised a “Free pest service” and it took almost 3 weeks of me calling & repetitively asking for the pest service to just get the pest service scheduled. I’m asking for a policy cancellation Primarily due to lack if coverage for basic home services. It is impossible to reach a human with this company once they take your money. I’ve never encountered a home warranty company this shady, untrustworthy and just downright unethical! I’d give -10 (thats’s a NEGATIVE 10) if possible

Ladan Karamzadeh San Antonio, TX

I paid $699 for annual agreement on 04/12/2022. I opened the first claim (#608663-1664) for air-condition maintenance online on 05/30/2022 and I did not hear back from them. I then called the warranty company and was told by customer service that they technician would call me back as soon as possible. We live in Texas, and it was more than 100 degrees. We keep calling back and getting different agents and they kept opening new tickets and telling me manager would call us back as soon as possible. When I realized this company could be a fraud, I called the technician and hired someone and fixed the issue and paid out of pocket $300. After that I start demanding for my money back as per warranty contract and they said it was approved and check has been mailed. It has been several weeks, and we still have not received any money back. I call again and send messages, but no respond please be alert

Abe fassih Downingtown, PA

I would like to give them zero or less if I could. This company is scam. The only thing that is good about it is When They Fool You and take your money. After that, they just creat ticket number and says “some one be with you shortly”. It takes three months that I try to cancel my contract. The story is, after one month, I decided to cancel my contract. At the time they charged me $200. I request to cancel the contract. I keep calling everyday for month, they said some one call you shortly. They charged me $200 more. I called my credit company and filed dispute. And keep calling. They charged me $200 more. After they charged me all the money for one year, they e Mail me and stated, your contract is not cancellable and gave me a code. During the sell the representative told me you can cancel any time. Then it was my time to trick them. I called and pretended that I want to buy a contract, I told him, do you record this conversation, he said no. Then I said for my record, I record it. As usual they offer me the price and explain the the coverage very nicely and they said you can cancel any time. Then I said “. You e mailed that my contract is not cancellable and you do not want to refund my money, Now I have a good tool to take a legal action. They hang up immediately. I CALLED AND E MAIL THEM AND EXPLAINED THE ISSUE. They called and e mailed me indicating that we cancelled the contract and you will received your money. So far I did not get any money back. But my credit. company stop the payment. One more issue.....after they e mailed me that we cancelled the contract, they clean and erased all my correspondence. However, I copy all e mailed before they clean the file. They are scam, thieves...... Do not buy the contract, please please....

Denise Malone Pensacola, FL

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A SCAM. PROMISE A CALL BACK TWICE AND NEVER GOT ONE. I HAD AMERICAN HOME SHIELD BEFORE AND THEY WERE AWESOME. I MOVED TO A NEW STATE BOUGHT AN OLDER HOME. TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS BY SWITCHING WARRANTY COMPANIES. HUGE MISTAKE!!! HUGE!!! AHS REPLACED MY A/C, HEATING SYSTEM, SEPTIC PUMP, HOT WATER HEATER (2) ALL IN THE 6 YEARS I HAD THEM. I HAVE AN ELECTRICAL WIRE ISSUE AND LIFETIME WARRANTY WONT EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT THE PROBLEM. I'M NOT AN ELECTRICIAN I MIGHT NOT EVEN BE EXPLAINING IT RIGHT. AHS ALWAYS SENT SOMEONE OUT TO LOOK AT THE PROBLEM. IF IT WASNT COVERED I WAS OUR $100. RIGHT NOW THIS COULD BE COVERED BUT THE EMAIL I GOT FROM THEM SAID. "WE DIDNT INSTALL IT THEREFORE, WE AREN'T FIXING IT".

Omid Yousefian Los Angeles, CA

One of the worst companies I have ever worked with! I have requested an AC issue and no one has got back to me in over one month! Very poor customer service. Will definitely cancel my membership and request full refund.

LGC Bensalem, PA

I chose the company because I was assured that all of the appliances and plumbing, the electric were all covered. When I filed two claims they were denied. When I had an expert look at the contract, he said mostly everything was excluded. Stay away from this company. It is a ripoff.

Mark Jones Washington, DC

This company does not represent who they say they are. buyer beware. They are under investigation in Delaware by the consumer protection unit , office of the AG. this company ripped me off! they never returned premiums- unpaid claim etc. do not use this company. if you do you will be sorry

Trey Howell Conway, AR

I have called lifetime home warranty over a dozen times, requesting a refund for the policy I never used, And cancelled in writing within the 30 day period. I have been told every time that a ticket is being submitted and someone will call me back. 35 days later, no call back, no email, and no refund. Buyers do not sign up for this scam. You will regret it John Howell, AR

Sybursu Austin, TX

LifeTime Home Warranty appears to not have adequate leadership. One is supposed to receive an email from a technician in 24 hours. My experience has been ZERO contact after 30 hours. I filed a second claim and spoke to two customer service reps. Although they are very nice people, they have no way to contact the main office. I suspect that there is no main office. They each each submitted another "ticket" and said that I would need to wait another 24 hours for a reply. Hence, my food is defrosting in the freezer.

Tina Weasley New York, NY

If I could give them a zero I would. They do not honor the $75 service fee. They do not cover nearly anything. They require you to pay up front for your repair then they will approve a partial refund. In my case it was 12% of the total. Then they denied the repair of my refrigerator. The freezer does not freeze anything but they claimed they do not cover that. You can not speak to anyone when you call. The person who answers will create a ticket and nobody will ever call you back. WORST i have ever worked with.

Betty Wyble Iowa, LA

I feel scammed and very much mislead by this company.I have actually been trying to collect on a claim that they said we would be reimbursed for over a month now. No one has called me to discuss this claim. As a result of there poor customer service we decided to cancel the policy,still waiting for someone to call me.Each time I’ve called I’m told I will make a ticket and someone will contact you,never happened. I would advise anyone looking for home warranty insurance look elsewhere.

Judy Navarro Elgin, TX

I signed up in Feb. 2022. You need to read the fine print with this company. I requested help 5 times and was denied. With my other companies I would have been covered. I finally received an OK to have a repairman come out and then was told to find my own repair person and they would reimburse us up to $150. I left my other company because they were having trouble finding repair people, but the salesman here assured me that would not be a problem I canceled in May and am unable to get my refund. I now call every two days. I can't recommend this company. Look elsewhere.

John Samuel Littleton, CO

Really bad customer service! Never call back or answer questions about your claims. When I asked to talk to someone, they denied my request and said I can only talk when they call me. But they never called me back. I filed a claim for my a/c because it was not working. They told me to call my own technician and they would pay for it. When the technician found that a/c has to be replaced, they denied my claim by stating it is a cleaning service. This company is not trustworthy. Never going to renew home warranty with this company.

Chris Brooks

NO ONE FROM THIS COMPANY EVER CALLS BACK. Customer Service, therefore, is non-existent. The leadership folks need to be investigated immediately. Also, it seems like the company itself is providing their own five-star reviews to counter the reviews of real people who have been swindled by these scam artists. A one-star rating is too high. Buyer Beware. Once they get your money . . .

Bao Chau Tran Seattle, WA

Do not use this company LifeTime Home Warrranty!!! I bought 3 contracts from this company because they were a cheaper options. They tried to sell me on 5 years for much more expensive but I am glad I didn't go with that. After filing my first claim, I found out this company is a scam. They told me to hire a technician of my chooses and to upload the estimate for the repair. The estimate was for $280 and they only gave me $50 to do the repair!!! That won't do anything!!!! Please stay away from them!

Martin Velazquez Grandview, MO

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! MARK MY WORDS, THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU BACK. DO NOT BELIVE THE GOOD REVIEWS ONLINE, THEY REWARD YOU WITH FREE MONTHS OF SERVICE FOR A GOOD REVIEW. I have had a plumbing and AC issue for over 2 months now and every time I call back they tell me someone will call me back but never happens. This company is so frustrating to deal with because they lure you into buying a long term contract and that they will never own up to. THEY ONLY HAVE ONE PHONE NUMBER AND YOU WILL HEAR THE SAME SCRIPT OVER AND OVER AGAIN NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU CALL.

Jonathon Bryan Cedar Hill, TX

The agents Tom, Mike and Peter will be superb on the phone while making the warranty sale. They will tell you everything you want to hear, but let me tell you, ITS ALL LIES!!!! I signed up with a almost 4 year, $1377 contract through them. We recently purchased our home and they promised as opposed to most “ other” warranty companies , since it was a newly purchased home we will not need records of proof as the seller did not provide them. The agents stated we just had to wait the 30 days before a claim can be submitted. Once an issue came up, it was nothing but trouble from this company . The agents will not answer text, email, or phone calls at all. When calling the company all they will do is submit a claim ticket and have someone call you back in 48 hrs. Which they won’t do either . When an issue arises, it needs to be dealt with immediately, not in a couple days or when they see fit. After multiple calls, texts and huge amounts of “ call back claims” , no I’m still to this day has called me back . They offer FREE months of service for 5 star reviews , and censor anyone with an actual review or service after they sign up. That’s why every review says their sales team is great, cause they hide any ACTUAL REVIEW . Still dealing with this company and waiting to hear back from an actual person to TRY and resolve why their agents lied about coverage and showed me 1/8 of the ACTUAL contract before signing up, then the full contract once signed . This is a FRAUDULENT COMPANY and BBB complaints have been filed. If you read this please BEWARE OF THIS SCAM OF A company. Once posted , I am sure I will FINALLY get something back from this scam of a company . Customer ID- 610144 Claim filed on 5-31-22 No response Elderly disabled mother having to deal with this company’s incompetence is UNACCEPTABLE

Jayakumar Rajasekaran Fremont, CA

Horrible company Horrible company. It’s all a scam don’t believe what they tell you! They are super nice to get you to sign up…but are never there to help when you actually have a claim to file. The absolute worst! I can’t believe how unreliable they are after so many messages, calls. Even there customer care number shows "U SAVE CAR RENTALS" - Are you kidding me LOL - don't you even have a phone number registered to your company - This shows their standings. Save yourself frustration and never deal with lifetime home warranty, they will burn you. They will not keep their promises and they will not act to protect your property in a timely and reasonable manner. Always be weary of companies who don’t let their product speak for itself. I will send the request for cancellations in email as mentioned in their contract and also dispute through my CC company. Beware everyone..

Aggravated Augusta, GA

This company does not even deserve 1 star. There is nothing to like about this company. I have been waiting for one week for someone to get back to me about servicing my central air unit. I have called several times a day and all I have gotten from customer service, a supervisor of customer service and the agent, Peter C (that's if that's even his name) that has signed me up is, "I am so sorry, but someone will call you back." To date I have not even received a courtesy call. I have explained to everyone that I spoke with that I live in Georgia where the humidity is unbearable and my husband has a breathing problem. After reading other reviews, I see that this is their modus operandi. They take your money and do not provide a service. There is not even a corporate number for this company, just an 800 number which is useless. I will contact other agencies about them. They need to be put out of business. Please someone do something so that this does not keep happening to people. The sad thing is that they have not stopped taking my money. They are scammers. This is the worst company that I have dealt with, but it is not over until the fat lady sings!!!