Liberty Home Guard

7.0

LAST UPDATED: September 13th, 2021

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs.

Liberty Home Guard provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. The company offers extensive claim reimbursement and it has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Additionally, LHG intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal & Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below.

Appliance Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1.50 a Day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard Plans.

Optional Add-On's

• Septic system & septic sewage ejector pump
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Second refrigerator

Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal & Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

LHG only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home Guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Not Available Everywhere

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard doesn't operate in all 50 United States. However, the company currently services 41 states (and Washington, D.C.), which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services:

• Alabama
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with lots to offer, including affordable pre-set warranty plans as well as customizable add-on options. LHG prioritizes quality service by thoroughly vetting its technicians to ensure customer satisfaction. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal.

With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Liberty Home Guard below.

3.9

Peter Little Clarksville, TN

Excellent service, the technician was very helpful and explained in detail what went wrong with our dishwasher. Very honest, hard-working technician, and great customer support. Will recommend.

Harvey Cross Zanesville, OH

They were able to get a replacement microwave over to my house in faster time than my previous home warranty company (American Home Shield) was able to get a technician to arrive and diagnose an issue. If you are getting a home warranty, you absolutely should go with Liberty Home Guard.

Mz.Wan C Indianapolis, IN

Horrible!! Worst home warranty company I have ever had. I would give no stars if I could. I do not recommend this company to anyone. I have had to use this service once. My electric dryer start a low humming noise. I made a service claim, they immediately to service fee from my account, before a technician were assigned to my claim. My issue started August 1st 2021 it is now September 12th 2021. I am still experiencing issues. The technicians have been to my home 5 times charging parts.. And now the dryer makes very loud noise also the dryer housing gets extremely hot.. I can not use in fear it will catch fire.. Liberty Home Guard does not verify the technicians they send to your home. They do not care I have been without my dryer for over a month or that I now have to take my clothes to the laundromat. I pay them monthly payment also service fee and now pay to use dryers at laundromat. Please beware horrible company!!

Chad Gilbert Dedham, MA

The customer service here is always caring, and responsive, and the technicians sent seem to know what they are doing. Nice service, a worthy investment.

Debra Karam Phoenix, AZ

We haven't used the home warranty yet, so can't rate performance, but we give high marks to our account rep, Brad S. He walked us through the process, was very informative, patient, and answered all of our questions. We purchased two home warranties from him and look forward to a good relationship with Brad and Liberty Home Guard. We liked the BBB rating of "A" as well.

Dinaearl Las Vegas, NV

This company is refusing to honor their home warranty contract to repair or replace an aged air conditioner that is over 20 years old. I have been with this warranty company since 2019, paid up front for the 6 yr contract. I have had to fight for every service provided, this one takes the prize! Denied for not having proof of regular maintenance they say.. The until is clean as could be after coming out of a windy season in the desert. I have been without air conditioning for 4 days now, with temperatures being over 100 degrees each day. This was explained to their staff as well as people with illnesses being in my home. There is no urgency to escalate this issue.

Diane Barrows Battle Creek, MI

I placed a claim on my dryer which wasn’t working and the very next morning, Liberty sent me a repairman, who fixed it right away. Definitely 5 stars! Fabulous work, LHG!

Alex Smith

Reached out twice. Once to fix the oven and once to replace the garbage disposer. Both times ended with me being happy with the service. Thanks, Liberty.

Sophie Newell Chicago, IL

Amazing! One phone call with Liberty’s customer service and a technician came and replaced the garage door opener the same day! Easy and quick! Impressive.

David Robinson New York, NY

I have nothing but positive things to say about Liberty Home Guard. After fixing our leaking garbage disposal, they followed up with me to make sure the experience was satisfactory.

Sherry Dougherty Atlantic City, NJ

Ever since I purchased the Total Home Guard coverage I’ve submitted 4 claims and all went pretty smoothly. Only one claim took a week but the other 3 were within 48 hours, and I was very happy.

Zayn Crabs Denver, CO

Everything was as promised. Speedy service and great communication. We were in the know about our washing machine replacement, and it happened really quickly. We appreciate it, Liberty!

Debbie Winters Aberdeen, MD

My dishwasher started leaking, and LHG managed to send me a repairman promptly. He arrived the next afternoon and was really courteous and professional. Thanks, I appreciate your service!

Martha Milligan Dallas, TX

The electrician whom Liberty sent was informative and courteous and very respectful of my home. Did a fast and efficient job, wore a mask all the time, and cleaned the area when he was finished. I am impressed.

Alma Murray Minneapolis, MN

Our garbage disposal stopped working, and LHG had a brand new one shipped to me within the week. They did not bog us down in red tape or unnecessary processes. They are worth the investment because they understand that time is money and work hard to get the needful done quickly.

Frank Dean Miami, FL

The faucet in my kitchen was leaking like a geyser and making a huge mess, called Liberty Home Guard and although leaks as per their agreement are not covered, they didn’t run from the problem and instead extended a courtesy and dispatched a technician who came out and fixed it in 30 minutes, they took a fee of $85, but it was fine. Happy nonetheless.

Joanna Golden Wilmington, DE

Happy with my total home guard plan. It was super easy to get enrolled with them, the rep was very knowledgeable and easy to speak with. He was patient and explained every part of the coverage including what is and isn’t covered. The rep helped me choose the coverage that was best for my home’s needs. So far I am happy with their service. I am hopeful that the claims process will go as smoothly.

Petrona Zickgraf Scottsdale, AZ

I have had three claims with LHG. The 1st wasn't too bad but that was because the tech wanted to be helpful. The second, a clogged drain. Their tech quoted $6000 to dig a hole in my bathroom to fix it. LHG offered to pay me $200. I found a different plumber on my own who fixed it the same day, installed a cleanout and gave us valuable tips. He only charged $1000. LHG refused to even pay the $200 they had offered before. Then the refrigerator went out. It took two days to get a tech. He said he fixed it. It wasn't. They sent him back again. He said it was fixed this time. It wasn't. Then they refused to send anyone else or cover a replacement, claiming it they don't cover "sealed system" on refrigerators. "All refrigerators, from the high tech ones to a small mini-fridge to a wine cooler basically use the same type of setup to keep cold things cold. They all have a refrigerator sealed system made up of a compressor, condenser, evaporator, capillary tube, and a suction line." So basically they are saying they don't cover how refrigerators operate? What nonsense. I immediately canceled my plan. Absolutely useless!

James Taft Henderson, NV

I purchased my Liberty Home Guard Policy back in August 2020 and did not have to use it till this July 7th 2021 when my Air-condition was acting up, so I contacted Liberty Home Warranty and put a claim in and the next day they sent out a technician to take a look at the unit, which is on the top of the roof and he inspected the unit and told me that the fan on the compressor needed to be replaced and possible add some Freon to the unit but he needs to get authorization first from Liberty, mean while it is 96 degrees in my home living in Henderson Nevada and it is 113 degrees outside , it takes them 1 week to get the O.K. From this one guy Diego that is a manager for Orders. So mean while waiting for Diego to give me the OK, I have moved my Family and dogs to a hotel where there is Air condition for 4 nights and return back home for them to fix the unit, so now I have paid $65.00 for the claim for them to come out to inspect it and $150.00 for the first hour of labor. After they installed the Fan for the compressor things where worst, telling me that there is a leak and the Freon there is not or soon to be gone and he reminds me that the unit is 23 yrs of age and suggested to replace the A/C Unit and he will call it in to Liberty Home Guard and see what the cost would be installed. Diego got back to me in 2 days and the price he gave me was fair, for a Goodman's 4 Ton, 14 Seer, 80,000 BTU Unit for $4,500 including install, but he left out what I found out $1,700 metal info structure , and metal infusion , both are for the stand that the A/C sits on, but at this time of how long it takes to get things going I will worry about that next. So after 3 days I give Diego the OK to order the A/C Unit and get it installed, and he tells me that he can do that in 10 days, but before he can reserve the A/C Unit, I have to sign and date the Replacement Agreement before he does anything, that took 4 days to do. After them receiving the Replacement Agreement Form they purchased the A/C and tried to run the two credit cards that I have used during the claim and did not ask which card to use they just went ahead and ran the cards that showed on hold, because they are the wrong card to run, after talking to there billing department and giving them the right card, I told her that she needs permission to run a card to make sure it is the right card to use. Now it is going on 2 weeks, I don't know when I will be expecting the shipment , they don't answer my phone calls and they always tell you what you want to hear and never happens, I have asked who is the contractor that will be doing the install, they have not answered me and it has been a week and to this day I have asked over and over and nothing, and they have $4,500 of my money and play this game. Today is the 9th of August and still have not heard anything other that the unit has been shipped to my home address, where I have no capability of unloading a 4 Ton A/C Unit at my house. If you want a scam co. to invest in, than you have come to the right place for someone to take your money leaving you high and dry, and the problem of this company is that I cant reach anyone higher in position than this Diego Guy, because the people that answer the phone is covering for him for some reason I don't know.

Meloney Holland FL

If I could rate it a zero I would. This is the second time that I have tried to use the service and I am getting the same run around. It takes 24/48 hours for a service person to call (if they call at all) then another 24/72 hours for them to come out and then another 24/72 hours for them to decide if they will honor the claim and then IF they approve 24/72 hours to make the repair. My AC went out a week ago to day. I made my claim in the morning it is now one full week later and I am still waiting to see if they will pay the claim. It is 100 degrees outside and 81 degrees inside. My company had to stay elsewhere and my 86 years old father lives with me.I have shared all of this and all I get is we are looking at it. Oh and by the way for your new comers beware of the a small rule buried deep in the policy that says not only do you need to wait the 30 day period to file a claim, but if you should file a claim before 90 days they will only pay $150.00 toward the repair. I read through the policy and did not catch that one. Just be very careful with this company as they will try to get out of any and all claims that are made. That has been my experience thus far. I am glad I didn't get the long term contract.

Briana Dorsey Kingsport, TN

The service was very professional, and I did not have to wait at all - the electrician came the very next morning. He was very friendly and courteous. Thanks

Carlos Frierson

I have own many properties in the past all had home warranties, of all Liberty Home Guard is the absolute worst. Not only is the customer service sub-standard but you constantly get the run around when calling for service. On 7/15/2021 we start having a issue with our hot water tank so on the next day I called the company to establish a claim ( we where totally out of hot water) I was informed that a technician will contact me to come out and diagnose the problem. I informed the rep that I am a disable veteran and it is essential that I have hot water. On 7/17/2021 I contacted LHG to informed that I still have not been contacted and they supplied me with a number of a company who then informed me that he cannot come out until 7/20/21 ( 4 days now without hot water) He finally showed and informed me that tank need to be replaced due to electrical issues inside that tank that causes it to short out and not produce hot water. He stated that LHG will be informed of his findings. He also stated he will be submitting his report once he got back to his truck (electronically). two days past with no response so I called LHG to find out the status only to be told that it is under review and will take another 24 hours (now 8 days without hot water) On 7/23/21 I called only to be told that they have not received the report from the tech. On 7/26/2021 I called and ask to speak with a supervisor or manager and was told that none was available , but they had received the report and it was denied stating that the tech said that there was rust in my tank, which is not what the tech stated to me. So I called the tech and he stated that is not what he reported and ask me to have them send me a copy of the report. I then reached out to LHG who stated that they did not have a written report that it was verbal. The bottom line is that only after filing a compliant with the BBB and contacting my lawyer are LHG willing to ask they put it re-evaluate my claim. Save yourself the aggravation do not fall for the hype this is a very poorly ran company with no morals of messing you over its customers it's all about YOUR money. As of this review its been 12 days without hot water.

Guillermo Bautista Santo Domingo Este, 32

This company has been great with all of the services they have given me, the appointment on time, great work from the technician and exelent customer service over the phone, great company.

Harold Dunn Randlett, OK

Stellar experience with a customer service representative during my call to report an issue with the dishwasher. The technician who performed the repair was also excellent. Special shout out to Jonathan!

Annabella Wagner Brooklyn, NY

Very speedy response and stress-free repair of my broken refrigerator. I was nervous it would need replacement, but the guy was a real pro and took care of the broken spare part perfectly!

Sophie Owens Lexington, KY

LHG, the electrician John you assigned me was courteous, professional, and precise. He left little trace in the area he was working in and replaced the outlet without issue or any cosmetic damage. The service was exceptional.

ugohorn Wharton, TX

I just called Liberty Home Guard and was fortunate enough to talk to Brad S., in which he took his time to explain the different programs that they offer. He was very patient with me & my wife and answered all of our questions. Once we decided which program would work for us Brad helped us to get started. Excellent customer service experience. Thank you Brad

Denise Golden Mesa, AZ

Brad S. was informative and helpful regarding plan options. In addition, he offered a veteran plan for us with a flexible payment option that put my husband’s mind at ease. We appreciate that you are u.s based with a quick service call turn around time if we need to use our plan. I read good reviews on your company, and Brad made us feel in good hands.

Arlene D'Ambrosia Whiting, NJ

My representative is Brad S. He went above and beyond with my initial phone call of questions and concerns. My main interest on a Home Warranty plan is the sewer and main water lines leading to the home, since not all companies offer that. He patiently and politely helped me and informed me with information other companies didn’t. I wasn’t rushed. He answered all my concerns I was impressed because he didn’t read off a script as other companies did. I’m very pleased. I would recommend Brad to others.

William Cunningham Wichita, KS

I am a new customer and my agent Brad had to put up with a lot as I was going back and fourth. His professionalism and patient attitude were fresh air compared to the rude unprofessional agents I deal with on a daily. He is one that cares about taking care of his clients, rare in these days of Covid-19. I have some health problems and thought this would be a stressful process as dealing with most things seem to be these day . But Brad made this process stress free. i want to thank you Brad for all your held and I feel comfortable coming to you in the future and recommending my friends and family to you also. Thank you Brad for all your help. I can be contacted for further comment if necessary. Also one last note I was going to go with American Home Warranty but after talking to Brad decided against it and I feel very comfortable with my desision. William T Cunningham New customer

Joyce DiGrazio Toms River, NJ

Horrible. I needed service on my garbage disposal. Paid my $75 and repaid said not repairable. Liberty has said they will replaced the uni It but not the labor. What’s the sense of having a warranty. I did have a warranty with Sears and they do did cover parts AND labor. Do not use. Check someone else out. Update. Aaron contacted me regarding this problem and I have to say he went over and over to help us. They have agreed to pay for installation and cleared up the miscommunication between me and the first gentlemen I spoke with. It’s my first claim and as dissatisfied I was in the beginning so far after speaking to him I feel I make the right choice. Thanks again Aaron for your help

Janice Hughes Middletown, DE

My experience with Liberty Home has been great from the start. At 38 I purchased my first home and was treated very well when I called them to sign up. All my questions were answered and my concerns were explained. I have not had to file a claim but I have been told by other Liberty Home clients that the process is made very simple and easy to understand. The online access is also a great tool to have to get support etc.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Janice, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating. We are glad you chose us as your home warranty experts!

Jun. 25th, 2020

Claudia Fraser Las Vegas, NV

Here’s my shout out to Liberty Home Guard for the wonderful service I have gotten and their amazing help. It has been an super difficult moment in our lives, I've been without an income for 2 months as my business is within Geriatric Living Communities. I'm sending this review to identify Liberty as one of the great American businesses that truly care about the customers! To all your employees... stay well and thank you for all you do.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Claudia, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Leslie Butler

We filed a claim last week on our broken fridge, we’ve been quarantined up in the catskills and made the mistake of overstuffing the refrigerator. This was entirely our fault and we were honest about it to the good folks of Liberty, they paid out $500.00 towards a new $750.00 fridge which retails for $950, we paid the $250 difference. Just like that - BRAND NEW FRIDGE! Thank you for being so helpful during this difficult time!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a high rating! We are so happy we were able to assist you during these trying times.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Stephan Ruby Mesa, AZ

Like most people here I got scammed, I paid for a year up front. My ac went out 3 months later. They told me I can do a cash buy out and then they left me with a $9000 bill. So when I went to cancel they low balled me $288 for my almost $600 I gave them. Then Aaron G called me today and told me I could have my full refund if I take my reviews down. Pretty sure that's extortion Aaron, threatening to not give me my money back and to keep quite. As you can see I didn't take the money. I want everyone to know what they did.

Eloise Burke Sandston, VA

This company does not cover replacement of leaking evaporator coil. The cost for labor and parts was $2,084.59. Liberty Home Guard allowed a one time $150 reimbursement. Other unnamed home warranty companies cover HVAC repair/part replacements with the exception of the refrigerant. Warning: make sure all appliances and or repairs in your home are covered for replacement or repairs %100. I have canceled my policy with Liberty Home Guard.

Silvester Daniel Hingham, MA

Very happy with Liberty Home Guard’s service. Requesting appointments are super simple, tech’s are pros, and clean up after themselves. All three of my claims were handled within days of me notifying them.

Peter Summers Trenton, NJ

Easy to schedule an appointment with tech. First time user and the customer online portal worked well after what I had experienced last year with another company! Thank you very much Liberty team and Kayla for walking me through the online portal set up.

Harmon Asker Baltimore, MD

The serviceman Liberty Home Guard had assigned was on-time and repaired my HVAC unit in one trip. He was polite and professional and then Liberty Home Guard followed up to put me on a maintenance program for the new unit. I sincerely appreciate the quality of the service LHG delivers.

Robert Joseph Boettger Houston, TX

I spoke to a representative named Brad S. He was chock full of information and very courteous. He gave me all the information I needed and answered all my questions. He even gave me options to make my plan more efficient and to save me money. If this company is as good as he was, I think I will like them!

Susan Campbell Sterling Heights, MI

Liberty Home Guard has been great! Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality home warranty. They do exactly what they say they will do, are very courteous, and have always been very helpful with every claim we submit, big or small. We have referred it to numerous coworkers, friends, and family members and will continue to do so. I suggest you do the same, call in and ask for Jonathan M.

Lindsay Wilkins Albuquerque, NM

I bought their one year policy and they’ve been super helpful. They made sure I understood the policy and all of the paperwork. I’ve called them countless times and they send over a professional ready to do the job quickly every single time.

Sharon Bennett Alpharetta, GA

I had a claim that was my fault, and they covered it with no problem at all! Yes, I had to pay a deductible, but they took care of paying for the repairs. Between the repairs and the labor, Liberty paid nearly $500, and I had to pay a $100 deductible.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Shannon, thank you for your kind words and the high rating!

Jun. 18th, 2020

Fernando Battle Bluefield, WV

I had a great experience from beginning to end with Liberty Home Guard. From the submitting my claim up until I got my new dishwasher. The process for even receiving a rebate on my initial purchase was super-fast. Liberty Home Guard truly is revolutionizing the way home warranty companies work. I already recommended it to a few friends!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and high rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Gervase Garrett Horn Lake, MS

I have had my home warranty coverage with multiple companies over the last 25+ years and I must say that Liberty Home has been the most reasonable cost of all of them but in addition, they really do care a lot about their customers. Greatly appreciate everything you did for me during this time.

Kylie Rogers

They managed to get my fridge fixed in no time, having this plan saved me a lot of trouble. I appreciate their willingness to work with their customers under all circumstances, Jonathan knows what I mean, thank you again to Jonathan for assisting me in getting my claim filled.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for the kind and honest feedback! We will pass your kind words to Jonathan.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Todd Knapp Albuquerque, NM

I'm delighted with Liberty Home Guard’s services. Highly recommend them to people I know, they never let me down.

Martin Board Hesperia, CA

Liberty sent me a super professional electrician, who managed to fix the pretty complicated issue. Great job, and great service.

Shar Ephrata, PA

My washer went out over 2 months ago. They assigned me to a company that no longer works with them. It took 2-weeks to find another contractor. That contractor took over a month to schedule an appt. to fix my washer. The DAY he was to arrive they cancelled with NO date as to when they can get her. Liberty Home Guard has not lived up to the promises. Poor customer service and extremely poor service. I regret going with them. American Home Shield was much better and definitely more responsive!!

Sheila Henderson Hamden, CT

We have purchased a plan from Liberty Home Guard for 2 homes in a row now, and we feel confident in recommending Liberty’s services to all our friends and family.