Liberty Home Guard

7.1

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs.

Liberty Home Guard provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. The company offers extensive claim reimbursement and it has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Additionally, LHG intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal & Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below.

Appliance Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1.50 a Day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard Plans.

Optional Add-On's

• Septic system & septic sewage ejector pump
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Second refrigerator

Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal & Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

LHG only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home Guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Not Available Everywhere

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard doesn't operate in all 50 United States. However, the company currently services 41 states (and Washington, D.C.), which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services:

• Alabama
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with lots to offer, including affordable pre-set warranty plans as well as customizable add-on options. LHG prioritizes quality service by thoroughly vetting its technicians to ensure customer satisfaction. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal.

With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

3.9

Peter Summers Trenton, NJ

Easy to schedule an appointment with tech. First time user and the customer online portal worked well after what I had experienced last year with another company! Thank you very much Liberty team and Kayla for walking me through the online portal set up.

Harmon Asker Baltimore, MD

The serviceman Liberty Home Guard had assigned was on-time and repaired my HVAC unit in one trip. He was polite and professional and then Liberty Home Guard followed up to put me on a maintenance program for the new unit. I sincerely appreciate the quality of the service LHG delivers.

ugohorn Wharton, TX

I just called Liberty Home Guard and was fortunate enough to talk to Brad S., in which he took his time to explain the different programs that they offer. He was very patient with me & my wife and answered all of our questions. Once we decided which program would work for us Brad helped us to get started. Excellent customer service experience. Thank you Brad

William Cunningham Wichita, KS

I am a new customer and my agent Brad had to put up with a lot as I was going back and fourth. His professionalism and patient attitude were fresh air compared to the rude unprofessional agents I deal with on a daily. He is one that cares about taking care of his clients, rare in these days of Covid-19. I have some health problems and thought this would be a stressful process as dealing with most things seem to be these day . But Brad made this process stress free. i want to thank you Brad for all your held and I feel comfortable coming to you in the future and recommending my friends and family to you also. Thank you Brad for all your help. I can be contacted for further comment if necessary. Also one last note I was going to go with American Home Warranty but after talking to Brad decided against it and I feel very comfortable with my desision. William T Cunningham New customer

Robert Joseph Boettger Houston, TX

I spoke to a representative named Brad S. He was chock full of information and very courteous. He gave me all the information I needed and answered all my questions. He even gave me options to make my plan more efficient and to save me money. If this company is as good as he was, I think I will like them!

Arlene D'Ambrosia Whiting, NJ

My representative is Brad S. He went above and beyond with my initial phone call of questions and concerns. My main interest on a Home Warranty plan is the sewer and main water lines leading to the home, since not all companies offer that. He patiently and politely helped me and informed me with information other companies didn’t. I wasn’t rushed. He answered all my concerns I was impressed because he didn’t read off a script as other companies did. I’m very pleased. I would recommend Brad to others.

Rachel Payne Las Vegas, NV

If I could leave a minus or zero star I would. They advertthey will do cash buy out etc the first claim I've ever had with these people for my air conditioning unit they said was not covered. Let me offer me a $5,000 repair fee with no options for financing. Then I went on my own had to finance a $9,000 unit and asked for a cash buy out of any sort of what they would have applied toward this other product that they were recommending and they said oh we're not doing that. However all this took about a month and a half to get dealt with we had no AC for a month before they decided to say oh this is not covered. Like many people on here they're very disappointed I have joined the ranks of them myself I will not be renewing next year. I saw one person took them to small claims That's a possibility for me. Do not get liberty They are not worth the money They do not cover the expense terrible terrible company.

Paul Kelley Commack, NY

We have had 3 claims filed thus far. And all of them were resolved very quickly. We are definitely happy about the investment in our Liberty Total Home Guard policy, happy to have the peace of mind.

Andrew Kurtz Greenville, SC

Had our first issue with our home (a plumbing issue) and opened a claim. The initial technician didn't respond, but the people from Liberty jumped in and had a new technician assigned and we had the problem solved quickly. Great overall experience.

Joyce DiGrazio Toms River, NJ

Horrible. I needed service on my garbage disposal. Paid my $75 and repaid said not repairable. Liberty has said they will replaced the uni It but not the labor. What’s the sense of having a warranty. I did have a warranty with Sears and they do did cover parts AND labor. Do not use. Check someone else out. Update. Aaron contacted me regarding this problem and I have to say he went over and over to help us. They have agreed to pay for installation and cleared up the miscommunication between me and the first gentlemen I spoke with. It’s my first claim and as dissatisfied I was in the beginning so far after speaking to him I feel I make the right choice. Thanks again Aaron for your help

Darren Heyman Las Vegas, NV

Deny deny deny! That is what LHG does with any major claim, no matter how valid. My experience with them has been that if they cannot profit off your claim, they will deny it. And that is what you get IF they bother to get back to you (I am still waiting over 8 months on some claims), they will fabricate excuses to avoid coverage. I had two houses covered, and in both houses after the people who came out could not repair the AC units, they refused to cover their replacement. When the pool pump went out, they refused to cover a new pump. Stay away, in my humble opinion.

ROBERT RUSSELL Las Vegas, NV

Received a 5yr contract, paid $625 on 3/19. Decided against the 5yr, however would go with a 1yr or 3yr plan. Spoke w Jordan on 4/10 who stated revised contracts would be forthcoming via original salesperson, Brad S. Received no communication from him, emailed what I wanted to do and received a reply that he wanted to talk. On 4/19 my credit card was charged another $625 that I did not authorize, nor had I ever clicked "Accept" to active the contract. I emailed Brad that I didn't authorize the charge, was going to dispute with my bank, however, still wished to pursue a home warranty. He has never replied, I have called to speak with a supervisor, then sit on hold for an extended period, hand up and call again and it's the same deal. On latest call after holding I reached Alice I believe. It was a bad connection and I requested she call back on my home phone, gave the number, she repeated, and no call back. After evaluating varies home warranty programs I chose Liberty, and am still interested, yet my experience with the sales team is very poor. Prior to logging a complaint with the BBB I wish to allow Liberty the opportunity to address this.

Gucci Girl Apex, NC

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THE SALES STAFF ARE VERY SNEAKY. THEY DON'T TELL YOU THE COMPLETE FACTS OF THE WARRANTY ALL THEY TELL YOU IS WE WILL REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR APPLIANCES IF ITS BROKEN. IF THE APPLIANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE THEY WILL FIND THE CLOSEST COMPARABLE TO THE BROKEN APPLIANCE. TELLS YOU ABOUT THE 75 CHARGE FOR THE REPAIMAN TO COME OUT TO DIAGNOSE. WHEN I FILED A CLAIM FOR MY DISHWASHER, THE TECHNICIAN SAID REPLACEMENT IS CHEAPER THAN REPAIR. I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE I GOT TIRED OF WAITING. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS VERY SMOOTH IN SAYING THAT "WE LHG WILL BE SAVING YOU 20% OF YOUR DISHWASHER'S PRICE BECAUSE WE BUY IT FROM WHOLESALER. THAT WAS GOOD TO THE EARS. NEXT WAS LHG WILL CONTRIBUTE 150.00 TOWARDS THE DISHWASHER AND YOUR DISHWASHER IS 14 YEARS OLD THE DEPRECIATION VALUE IS AROUND 400+ i WILL PROCESS THIS RIGHT AWAY AND ORDER YOUR REPLACEMENT. THIS DIDN'T SOUND RIGHT. I STOPPED THE CS AND ASKED "SAY THE WHOLESALE PRICE IS 800.00 MINUS 150.00 LGH CONTRIBUTION MINUS DEPRECIATION VALUE 400+ WHO WILL PAY FOR THE DIFFERENCE? THIS IS THE SHOCKER !!! CS SAID THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE YOUR (CUSTOMER'S) RESPONSIBILITY. I TOLD CS TO NOT ORDER THE REPLACEMENT THAT I AM NOT GOING TO PAY A DIME. I WAS NOT TOLD BY THE SALES STAFF ABOUT THIS. CS SAID THAT YOU SHOULD READ YOUR POLICY. TOLD CS THAT I DIDN'T EVEN GET ONE. CS SAID THAT THEY ARE GOING GREEN SO EVERYTHING IS ONLINE VIA PDF. WHEN I LIVED IN CALIFORNIA AND OUR AC BROKE DOWN I PAID THE REPAIMAN AND THE COMPANY REPLACED IT WITH A NEW ONE AND NOT A SINGLE DIME OUT OF MY POCKET. LHG IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT HOME WARRANTIES ARE DONE THE RIGHT WAY WHICH IS REPAIR OR REPLACE WITHOUT EXTRA DIME OUT OF CUSTOMER'S POCKET. HOMEOWNERS WERE USED TO THIS TYPE OF HOME WARRANTY UNTIL ONE CUSTOMER GETS A CALL FROM A LHG OFFERING WARRANTY SERVICES AND JUST HIGHLIGHTS THE GOOD STUFFS AND FORGETS THE NEGATIVE INFORMATION. NOBODY READS CONTRACTS ANYMORE NOWADAYS WHICH LHG ALSO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF CUSTOMERS. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. LUCKY FOR ME MY CELL PHONE IS SET TO RECORD ALL INCOMING CALLS. THEREFORE I HAVE PROOF THAT THIS SALESPERSON NEVER TALK ABOUT DEPRECIATION. ALL MY QUESTIONS ABOUT SHOULD I HAVE A CLAIM THE ANSWER WAS REPAIR OR REPLACE. TIME TO BRING THIS COMPANY'S VICTIMS JUSTICE. THIS COMPANY MUST BE TAUGHT A LESSON SO THAT NO OTHER COMPANY WILL FOLLOW SUCH A DECEITFUL BUSINESS.

Patricia Cook Jersey City, NJ

We needed an electrician to fix an outlet. From scheduling to completion, everything was quick and easy. The rep came the very next day and did his work quickly and professionally.

Denise Gaskins-Pena

The Customer Service Agent, Brad S., did an excellent job explaining the plans and discounts offered. I signed up immediately. I'm waiting to see how the repair/replacement phase goes. Customer service is excellent.

Brian Ford Fort Worth, TX

We have had very good service from LHG. The customer service reps have been very considerate of scheduling and communication, and the technicians they have sent follow covid protocols. We are satisfied so far!

Janice Hughes Middletown, DE

My experience with Liberty Home has been great from the start. At 38 I purchased my first home and was treated very well when I called them to sign up. All my questions were answered and my concerns were explained. I have not had to file a claim but I have been told by other Liberty Home clients that the process is made very simple and easy to understand. The online access is also a great tool to have to get support etc.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Janice, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating. We are glad you chose us as your home warranty experts!

Jun. 25th, 2020

Claudia Fraser Las Vegas, NV

Here’s my shout out to Liberty Home Guard for the wonderful service I have gotten and their amazing help. It has been an super difficult moment in our lives, I've been without an income for 2 months as my business is within Geriatric Living Communities. I'm sending this review to identify Liberty as one of the great American businesses that truly care about the customers! To all your employees... stay well and thank you for all you do.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Claudia, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Leslie Butler

We filed a claim last week on our broken fridge, we’ve been quarantined up in the catskills and made the mistake of overstuffing the refrigerator. This was entirely our fault and we were honest about it to the good folks of Liberty, they paid out $500.00 towards a new $750.00 fridge which retails for $950, we paid the $250 difference. Just like that - BRAND NEW FRIDGE! Thank you for being so helpful during this difficult time!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a high rating! We are so happy we were able to assist you during these trying times.

Erik Copeland Valdosta, GA

Liberty Home Guard has been excellent. Great service!! I would recommend other homeowners get enrolled. Complete peace of mind.

Patricia Hoover Chicago, IL

Our water heater burst so we called Liberty for service. We got a great plumber who replaced the water heater within 3 hours. Great!

Timothy Bankston Carrollton, GA

My water tank went out and all they want to pay is $175 of the $2250 they said it will coast to fixed it. When I purchased this warranty they told me if any of my appliances were to go out they would replace it but thats a lie!!!

Ronald Norris Jersey City, NJ

Scheduled an appointment immediately for the next business day. The repairman confirmed the appointment, he was on time and solved the problem promptly. Thanks.

Alfred B. Langhorne, PA

After staying for 1 month with no heat, having many many phone calls, recording all the phone calls, and being lied to many times, I brought this company to a small claims court. They tried to fight back, and are currently offering a settlement. To new customers I would say: (1) run away, this is most likely a scam company, their policy is filled with exclusions (pay for parts but not work, excluding key components of every appliance , vague definitions of what is covered, etc.), and their customer service is a mastery in the art of lying with grace, (2) you will have no choice to seeing the policy before paying online, no sample agreement, and probably an arbitration clause somewhere that will limit your power in a real court, (3) I got fooled by the good reviews, that was a huge mistake. I am now convinced most reviews are fake. Guess why a company with 800 positive reviews on Google does not even exist in Yelp, and is rated with 3 stars in other reputable review sites? To existing customers I would say: record every communication and phone call you make with them (legally, by stating that you are recording the call if you are in a two party state for recorded laws). Recording the communications will be the only leverage you will have to prove how you have been lied to. If you bring them to court, use their own vague definitions against them. Explain why this company is not acting "in good faith" as placed in the agreement, and why their actions do not fall under the assumption of "reasonable" time, or "reasonable process".

Susan Ryan Surprise, AZ

I purchased extended year warranties on two properties in the fall of 2020. This is the most disappointed I have ever been in service from a company. It has been a month since the company sent a technician to survey and submit a bid on the repair of plumbing issues at one home. Initially the right hand did not know what the left was doing, as Liberty Guard tried to tel me that since the technicians could not reach me, they could not move ahead with my claim. This was AFTER the technician had already been to the house and done his estimate. On March 9, I received the friendly “we are taking a look and will be back to you in 48-72 hours”.email. I heard nothing for weeks. On March 22 I received the same for letter- saying that they would contact me in 48-72 hours. I called the company to let them know that this was a repeat and I had been waiting all month. They assured me someone would call within 24 hours—- that would have been on March 23. TODAY is March 25 and I have not yet been contacted. Don’t waste your money as it seems I have done. Sure hope this company crawls out from wherever they are hiding.

Mark Bennett Jersey City, NJ

Liberty Home Guard offers amazing and very responsive service. Customer service is caring, attentive and guys always follow up to make sure all is taken care of. Absolutely responsive!

Susan Campbell Sterling Heights, MI

Liberty Home Guard has been great! Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality home warranty. They do exactly what they say they will do, are very courteous, and have always been very helpful with every claim we submit, big or small. We have referred it to numerous coworkers, friends, and family members and will continue to do so. I suggest you do the same, call in and ask for Jonathan M.

Lindsay Wilkins Albuquerque, NM

I bought their one year policy and they’ve been super helpful. They made sure I understood the policy and all of the paperwork. I’ve called them countless times and they send over a professional ready to do the job quickly every single time.

Sharon Bennett Alpharetta, GA

I had a claim that was my fault, and they covered it with no problem at all! Yes, I had to pay a deductible, but they took care of paying for the repairs. Between the repairs and the labor, Liberty paid nearly $500, and I had to pay a $100 deductible.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Shannon, thank you for your kind words and the high rating!

Jun. 18th, 2020

Fernando Battle Bluefield, WV

I had a great experience from beginning to end with Liberty Home Guard. From the submitting my claim up until I got my new dishwasher. The process for even receiving a rebate on my initial purchase was super-fast. Liberty Home Guard truly is revolutionizing the way home warranty companies work. I already recommended it to a few friends!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and high rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Gervase Garrett Horn Lake, MS

I have had my home warranty coverage with multiple companies over the last 25+ years and I must say that Liberty Home has been the most reasonable cost of all of them but in addition, they really do care a lot about their customers. Greatly appreciate everything you did for me during this time.

Kylie Rogers

They managed to get my fridge fixed in no time, having this plan saved me a lot of trouble. I appreciate their willingness to work with their customers under all circumstances, Jonathan knows what I mean, thank you again to Jonathan for assisting me in getting my claim filled.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for the kind and honest feedback! We will pass your kind words to Jonathan.

Karen Ferguson Austin, TX

Brad S. was very helpful and courteous in our telephone conversation. It made the whole experience a pleasant one.

Triesha Treisha Brooklyn, NY

I called and spoke with Brad. I'm shopping around so I have a lot of questions. He answered all my questions.

Melissa Boyd Jersey City, NJ

My service requests have been handled promptly and the technicians LHG has sent have done great work. I feel it was a great investment.

Thomas Fox Jersey City, NJ

We were pleased with the response from Liberty. Their customer service was excellent and the technician solved the problem immediately.

Olivia Mosley ,

I have worked with LHG for over 2 years now and they have been fair, responsive, and consistent. I would highly recommend them as a service company. They really are home guardians!

Robert Moore Easley, SC

Our garage door opener had a complete failure, and the technician showed up on time. He replaced the chain sprocket on our unit extremely quickly and was polite, professional, and courteous the entire time. It was an impeccable service. 5 stars all the way. This is the best home warranty I have ever purchased.

Derek Fitzgerald Conyers, GA

My garbage disposal went down, and LHG's customer service rep was quick to help me out. Tech was clean, knowledgeable, and extremely informative before and after installation. Very polite and cleaned up before he left. Keep up the great work!

Joseph Davis Solon, OH

We have had to use the warranty several times, three for plumbing and once for HVAC. Liberty Home Guard has been awesome! The response is immediate, and someone is out to address the problem quickly. The home warranty is a lifesaver, and these guys are real problem-solvers.

Alex Garcia Raleigh, NC

I was initially skeptical about the home warranty product as a whole; however, we used our warranty twice within two months after purchasing our home and have had a very positive experience both times. One claim was for plumbing and the other was for 2 AC compressors that needed to be replaced. Both times the process was stress-free.

Patrick Baker Cherry, IL

I got a one year policy to test out their service, and when my fridge broke they sent out a mechanic. They ended up being able to fix it within a few hours, and it's been working like new since.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Patrick, thank you for the kind and honest feedback! We are glad you chose us as your home warranty experts.

Stacey Neil Mobile, AL

Very pleased with the coverage I got and the price for that coverage

Umar Sabur Columbus, OH

The experience with Brad was great he explained everything and made the experience very easy

Jerrymuniz24 Chickasha, OK

Brad spoke very professional and had answers to all my questions without hesitation. Very knowledgeable.

Dominick Lee Flushing, NY

These guys give me peace of mind. And every year I’ve had them for the past three years, they’ve saved me way more money than I’ve spent in premiums.

Dcsaunders4 Midland, TX

Horrible- I have had 5 claims- 4 of the 5 took 2 weeks+ to get answer. I was told “they never pay labor”. I had to pay each time. They sent repair guy out and he told me Liberty never pays so I had to pay and just ask for reimbursement. They never paid for cost of replacement they just pay wholesale cost of replace. Repair guy was here with part and they sent home pending approval— 2 days later still no approval. 30-45 minute wait to talk to anyone. Worst customer service Ever!

Cat Lewisville, TX

I would give a negative*five star but it’s not available. They are a scam company and a total rip off. They coax you into buying five years of policy from them or one year, and then they cover almost virtually nothing. When you try to cancel I never got a straight answer on how to cancel, They assume you’ll go away; they make the cancellation process excruciating, including not informing you how much they’re going to reimburse you for. After 20+ attempts to get my contract canceled after one month of having their service, I actually contacted my credit card company to get a credit because they were absolutely non-communicative whatsoever. Do not go with this company—you will be sorry!

Caleb Douglas Charleston, WV

I had a couple of problems with my master bath. The Liberty Home Guard technician who was sent to my apartment fixed all of my issues quickly and cleanly. I was delighted with the service.

James Scott Park Hills, MO

Jonathan did a great job explaining the terms of the policy to us. Helped us get our claim filed and attended. A repairman came out and handled everything for our fridge. Satisfactory experience.