Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs. Liberty provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. Liberty Home Guard provides extensive claim reimbursement and the company has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Liberty Home Guard intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Your Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal & Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Positive Consumer Reviews

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below.

Appliance Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less than $1 a Day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less than $1 a Day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less than $1.50 a Day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard Plans.

Optional Add-On's

• Septic system & septic sewage ejector pump
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Second refrigerator

Your Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal & Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

LHG only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Doesn't Service Nationwide

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard does not service every state in the United States. However, the company services 29 states, which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services: Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with a great deal to offer. The company has a variety of warranty plans that are affordable and have optional add-on coverage available. LHG makes quality service a priority by extremely vetting its technicians and ensuring customers are satisfied and service is satisfactory. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal. With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Liberty Home Guard below.

John A.
July 19th, 2019 Hurst, TX

We are new to the company and my experience with both the warranty side and customer service side has been wonderful. I have worked with Ron B. on a few issues and he has gone above and beyond relative to my issues, including regular follow-up. I have already recommended LHG to my friends and will continue to do so.

Allison
July 8th, 2019 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

I’ve had the misfortune of using liberty for my home warranty. Prior to signing up I was skeptical based on the negative things I’ve heard about home warranty companies in general. Unfortunately Liberty has confirmed my worst fears. Every employee I’ve encountered since trying to process a claim to repair my AC unit have been unprofessional, rude and for lack of a better word, useless. My AC stopped working and I called to process the claim. A tech from a company THEY chose was sent out and when he diagnosed the problem they insisted on getting a second opinion. While having 2 young kids dealing with 90 degree temperature in the house it took another 5 days to have the second technician sent out. Diagnosis was the same. Ron then lied and said my husband called and said he was the technician while the technician was standing right there. This was an attempt to deny the claim I suppose as our claim was then escalated to their ‘legal’ team as a result. I was told no one in the office could discuss my claim with me as it was under review by their legal team. The director reached out to me only after posting a negative review about threat company. After listening to recorded conversations it was determined that his employee Ron was a liar. My husband never said he was the technician...why would he? However they were unable to approve my claim as the mechanical issue which should be covered by the warranty was somehow due to lack of maintenance. Since day 1 I was spoken to rudely, then accused of fraud and threatened legal action against me!!! The paying customer!!! What a nightmare!!! Literally the worse experience of my life dealing with a company that I paid my hard earned money to provide a service. I was then told that they would terminate my contract and given a refund of my premiums but first I would have to remove all negative comments I’ve made about them. I will be reporting them to the better business bureau. What a scam!!! This is a warning. Do not use liberty for your home warranty needs. You’ll have nothing but regrets!

Cece
July 1st, 2019 DETAILS

The WORSE experience ever!!! Very unprofessional staff. They were too busy trying not to approve my claim to be of any help. Very disappointed. Regret the day I signed up with them. I would give negative stars if I could. Do NOT fall for this scam!!!

Ron
June 20th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

“The day I purchased my policy, Liberty Home Guard touted their ability to save me money on a refrigerator replacement. They literally got me a $8,000 fridge for $6,000. I saved $2,000 even before my policy became effective! They’re an amazing company!”

Yasmin
June 5th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Great service. LHG had a technician by me in under 24hrs. Ron was very helpful in getting my problem resolved. Glad to have them by my side.

Shelba Khours
June 5th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Amazing service! Replaced my entire HVAC system within 4 days of submitting a claim and instead of paying $1,000's it was free!

Russ Shively
May 30th, 2019 McKeesport, PA DETAILS

Have only had the policy for a few months and boy, am I glad I do. Both fridge and a/c decided they were going to give me attitude and stop working... within a few weeks of each other. I think it's a conspiracy among my appliances but what they don't realize is that I made the best decision for a homeowner and that was to go with Liberty Home Warranty. Too bad for them! I did my homework before and absolutely certain that I went with the right company. How many companies do we as consumers deal with that every time you contact them you get a different person? Not so with Liberty. Every time I call, my personal csm answers the phone and knows who I am. That's really good refreshing. Jason is awesome and goes out of his way to make the whole experience as painless as possible. Don't look any further... I've done the research for you. If a company's only con is that they are not nationwide, then that says it all right there. Go with them... you won't be disappointed.

AJ
April 22nd, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Great customer service. They never turn me away and always work hard to do everything they can to save me money

Sharone Chusid
April 19th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

They’ve been our provider for the past few months. So pleased with their service I referred my parents and they took out a policy as well. Very pleased with the level of service they provide. Thank you!

Tanya Mcdonald
April 18th, 2019 Clinton, MD

Alex was very knowledgeable about the home warranty. He wasn’t pushy like some of the other companies. He allowed me to do my own research. I did notice that BBB had grate reviews