Liberty Home Guard

verified

Liberty Home Guard

verified
Your choice of cash payout or replacement upgrade for claim reimbursement

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs. Liberty provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. Liberty Home Guard provides extensive claim reimbursement and the company has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Liberty Home Guard intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Your Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal & Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Positive Consumer Reviews

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below.

Appliance Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less than $1 a Day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less than $1 a Day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less than $1.50 a Day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard Plans.

Optional Add-On's

• Septic system & septic sewage ejector pump
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Second refrigerator

Your Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal & Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

LHG only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Doesn't Service Nationwide

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard does not service every state in the United States. However, the company services 29 states, which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services: Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with a great deal to offer. The company has a variety of warranty plans that are affordable and have optional add-on coverage available. LHG makes quality service a priority by extremely vetting its technicians and ensuring customers are satisfied and service is satisfactory. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal. With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Liberty Home Guard below.

Raymond J
March 18th, 2019 Green, OH DETAILS

My son put a metal fork in our microwave and left it on and it stopped working after that. I put in a claim online and in an agent called me in no time. Fast and efficient.

leonash ford
January 25th, 2019 Amlin, OH DETAILS

My refrigerator was making strange vibrations every couple hours starting a few weeks ago. All of a sudden, everything in the fridge started freezing. I had no idea what was going on and decided to call LHG.LHG had a technician over who explained to me that my thermostat was defective and then proceeded to fix the issue. Thank you, LHG for your good service!

Maria H
January 22nd, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Liberty Home Guard has saved me a ton of money! Definitely the best home warranty company out there.

Henry W
January 10th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

When I purchased my new home and as part of the package, the seller got me a home warranty policy. I forgot about it and 3 months into the policy, Liberty Home Guard called me to let me know that I had a home warranty and that even if everything was working fine, they provide maintenance services as part of the policy. The next week Liberty Home Guard sent the nicest team to clean my carpets, a job that would have cost me $400. I was amazed that a home warranty company would actually call their customers and encourage them to use the policy. I couldn't be more impressed with them.

Mary Smith
January 8th, 2019 Bloomfield, CT DETAILS

I spoke with Nick on the phone and he was super knowledgeable and patient. He left me feeling secure that with Liberty Home Guard I am in good hands. Thank you Nick!

Andres A
January 4th, 2019 Bayonne, NJ DETAILS

Great company! Definitely worth giving them a shot.

Mira Edorra
January 3rd, 2019 Hockessin, DE DETAILS

I had an issue with my A/C. The unit was about 14 years old and showed serious rust. Even though most home warranty companies don't cover rust and corrosion, Liberty Home Guard covered my claim and provided me with a brand new water heater.

Sammy Baker
December 31st, 2018 Westbrook, ME DETAILS

I've had Liberty Home for a few years now. I like them, signing up was easy but I had to do it on the phone and I would have preferred to do it online. The coverage is a little more expensive than I would like, but I do have a high level of coverage. The person who helped sign me up was very friendly and knowledgeable. I am able to get all my documents online and emailed to me, which I love because I don't have to worry about keeping track of paper - I simply save everything on my computer.

M Oster
December 21st, 2018 Ararat, NC DETAILS

Liberty Home Guard is the gold standard of home warranty companies in my book. They go above and beyond any other company to keep their customers happy. I just had a claim with my oven and even though it could have been repaired, Liberty Home Guard provided me with a complementary replacement.

Clark b
December 19th, 2018 Florence, MS DETAILS

I recently decided to switch my Home Warranty provider to Liberty Home Guard. I've taken advantage of their repair/replacement program twice and their cash in lieu program once. They pay out in a timely manner and a fair amount. I strongly encourage anyone considering purchasing a home warranty to give LHG a serious look.

Chris j
December 7th, 2018 Avenel, NJ DETAILS

After I cancelled my policy with my last Home Warranty company, I vowed to never again take out a home warranty policy. 6 months ago my wife persuaded me to take out a policy with Liberty Home Guard and I am so happy I did. The time and money they’ve saved me have paid for the policy 3 times over.

Bertha woods
November 26th, 2018 Claymont, DE DETAILS

My microwave wasn't really heating food well so I called Liberty Home Guard. They dispatched a technician to my house who was able to identify the problem in the microwave's magnetron, which showed significant damage. Liberty Home Guard paid for the technician to replace it and now the microwave works perfectly. Such a smart move buying a policy with Liberty Home Guard!

Robert L
November 26th, 2018 DETAILS

We have an old refrigerator that recently has been very prone to frost buildup. Fortunately I purchased a policy with Liberty 11 months ago. I submitted a claim through the portal and I was able to schedule an appointment with a repairmen at a time that suited my crazy schedule. The refrigerator was fixed and hasn't produced any frost since I had it fixed 2 months ago and I didn't have to spend a dime beyond the service call fee. Thank you Liberty!

Angel
November 24th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

I am very happy that I picked up their Total Home Guard plan. It was the best value of all the plans I researched especially when you take into account how comprehensive their coverage and strong their customer service is.

Urban briann
November 20th, 2018 Sioux Falls, SD DETAILS

My Refrigerator's electronic control board was damaged and the ice maker was also not working. LHG had a technician out to us the next day who fixed both issues. I already recommended LHG to my friends & neighbors and after that experience I've only become more of a fan!

David willims
November 16th, 2018 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Our AC all of a sudden started making a ton of noise. My entire family couldn't sleep due to the noise. The next morning, I called Liberty Home Guard who had a technician over that night who fixed the issue. I can safely say that my family and I will be lifelong LHG customers.

Thomas coleman
November 15th, 2018 Blacklick, OH DETAILS

Last Sunday we had a party at our house. When my mom went to reheat the food, she could not open her oven door. She became really agitated and worried that the microwave not opening would ruin her plans! I immediately called LHG and enlisted their help. I explained to them the time sensitivity of the issue and they immediately escalated the case. They had a technician at our house within an hour who fixed the spring that was jammed, fixing the door. LHG saved us.

Cindy
November 14th, 2018 Bloomfield, NJ DETAILS

I switched from First Republic over to Liberty after I saw that I could get a much cheaper rate for the same amount of coverage, and I’m so happy that I did. The application process was very easy, and I haven’t had any difficulties yet. They provide just the perfect amount of communication and I have yet to get spammed in my email with a bunch of other junk. I feel confident that if something were to happen to me, Liberty Home Guard would have my back.

Nov 14, 2018

We absolutely will always have your back Cindy! Thanks for the feedback!

Jams Baurker
November 7th, 2018 Acton, MT DETAILS

After searching for an affordable home warranty policy online, my banker recommended Liberty Home Guard. Since I trusted my banker to lead me in the right direction I decided to get a price quote from Liberty and was pleasantly surprised at how low their rates were. They were very friendly at walking me through the process of signing up and are consistent with sending me communication when anything involving my policy needs to be reported. I like that you can also log on to your account online and get all of your policy information.

Great! Thank you!

Nick Piolotto
November 7th, 2018 Lincoln, NE DETAILS

I have Liberty insurance for my house in Maine. I recently had to file a claim by phone and the agent was extremely helpful and made the entire claim process effortless. When I received the approval for the claim, I was so surprised to find out that they opted to just pay us for the cost of the replacement, I received a check (literally within a week) for double the amount it originally cost!!! I absolutely recommend Liberty!

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you!!!!!!

Vivan Snow
November 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Had a leak in my bathroom under my sink. Called Liberty Home Guard and they fixed the problem. Thank you for a job well done!

You're welcome! Anytime!

kevin harward
November 6th, 2018 Delaware City, DE DETAILS

Had a broken fridge a few months ago, it was leaking everywhere and all of our food had to be moved to my neighbor’s house, it was a disaster for us. My neighbor suggested I take out a Liberty Home policy, which I did. Fridge has been fine since then but my dryer broke after that. I called LHG and they sent someone over to fix it. No hassle, no headaches. Worth every dime.

Nov 08, 2018

Awesome! We're here to serve! Call us anytime!

Sara Acosta
November 6th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

Appreciate their expertise and knowledge! Have spoken with them on numerous occasions and am pleased with their performance so far. Thank you.

Nov 08, 2018

You are welcome! Its our esteemed pleasure.

joseph clark
November 6th, 2018 Kearny, NJ DETAILS

My AC system suddenly stopped working. I wasn’t sure what the issue was, I called customer support. A technician arrived the following day. He inspected it and fixed it on the spot it. 5 Star Service!

Nov 08, 2018

Wow! That's amazing! Thank you for your feedback!

Alex mack
November 2nd, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

Fixed my microwave in no time. Thank you LHG for the prompt response

Nov 08, 2018

You are so welcome! Thank you for being a client of ours!

Elma
November 2nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Friendly agents. Well versed and easy to speak to. Happy we took a policy with them.

Nov 08, 2018

Glad to have you! Thanks so much!

Anderson Taylor
November 1st, 2018 Clifton, NJ DETAILS

The agent we spoke to helped us choose the best plan for our home, she sounded like she had been doing this for years. Happy customer..

Nov 08, 2018

Great! Thanks for your feedback!