Liberty Home Guard

6.1

LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2022

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs.

Liberty Home Guard provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. The company offers extensive claim reimbursement and it has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Additionally, LHG intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal & Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below.

Appliance Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1.50 a Day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard Plans.

Optional Add-On's

• Septic system & septic sewage ejector pump
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Second refrigerator

Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal & Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

LHG only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home Guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Not Available Everywhere

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard doesn't operate in all 50 United States. However, the company currently services 41 states (and Washington, D.C.), which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services:

• Alabama
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with lots to offer, including affordable pre-set warranty plans as well as customizable add-on options. LHG prioritizes quality service by thoroughly vetting its technicians to ensure customer satisfaction. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal.

With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

4.0

Charlene Peters New York, NY

Emily from Liberty Home Guard was very helpful. She offered to help us navigate the online portal the first time so we could learn how to use it (and not have to call in, in the future). She helped us submit a claim for our oven, and then checked on her end to ensure it all went correctly. She then personally went into their system and found a contractor who was going to be around our home the next day. The next day the contractor arrived and determined the oven should not be repaired. They followed up and let me know that a new oven should be arriving at our house the next week and that this same contractor would be back to install it. Our new oven was installed the next week and Liberty Home Guard followed through on their plan to the tee.

Rosie Walton New York, NY

This is the first time I have had or used a home warranty, and Liberty truly delivers a stellar performance. Their customer service representatives were an absolute pleasure to speak with, the answer my call quickly, spoke english fluently, knew the product inside out and made me feel comfortable the whole way through. The repair man who showed up to take care of the issue even spoke highly of them, it seems he and his company held this company in high regard. I will be renewing my contract next June and will have Liberty’s plan as long as I own my home. Thank you for great service, it is a pleasure to work with you.

Shari Morton New York, NY

I am happy with their level of service on the 3 repair jobs and 4 replacement jobs Liberty Home Guard has facilitated on our properties. On our latest claim, which was for our refrigerator which just needed to get repaired, Liberty’s team had it working within 18 hours of our initial call. We will continue to recommend Liberty to all our friends. I also want to mention that Jasmine has been very supportive and helpful for 3 of these 7 claims, so I want to express my gratitude to her as well.

Robert Green Shawnee, KS

We are pleased with the service we received so far. The technicians were knowledgeable and caring. They resolved our issue with the washing machine on their first visit (all said and done, within 3 days)! Special thanks to Ryan for going the extra mile to speed up the technician’s visit, and following up afterwards.

Brandon Berrington New York, NY

I am still impressed with Liberty’s service after over almost a year of being with them. All claims have been handled on time and they always keep up to their promises of fixing covered appliances or replacing them. I am happy to continue my membership and am recommending their services to my colleagues and friends. Keep it up guys!

Kevin Garrison New York, NY

I have been happy with Liberty Home Guard every time I’ve had to interact with them, whether it was for a claim, to add a new property, or just for general questions/items (such as updating my billing plan.) Their service provider partners also seem to be more organized than other companies I’ve used. I also want to mention that Lorraine from the Liberty Team has been super helpful and always seems to be available when I need her help. Thank you Lorraine and Liberty Team!

Set Fraser New York, NY

Quick call back response for our dishwasher problem we filed a claim on. An appointment was set up for the very next day. The service technician from Liberty resolved the issue in 45 minutes. He was attentive, polite, neat, and professional. A+ service.

Dolly Backer Dyersburg, TN

Had a problem with my oven that was addressed and fixed in 3 days. Two months prior to that, I had a problem with the hot water in my house and my system had to be fully replaced. It took Liberty Home Guard 8 days to get the new heater to my house and installed, which was not so bad. The platform that Liberty Home Guard provides its customers is very user friendly. Overall I am happy with their service.

Brandon Evans Pharr, TX

The tech arrived 30 minutes later than the appointment was set. However, based on my experience, usually technicians are pretty tardy so I actually think that arrival time is pretty solid. He checked the garbage disposal and informed me that I needed a new one, which he had in his car. I will circle back as I have more claims and update this review.

Sebastian Thompson Raeford, NC

I very much appreciate that Liberty was able to get our garage door opener fixed in a timely manner. Jake, who assigned us the locksmith jumped all over our claim right away. The locksmith was great and fixed it in one trip. I very much recommend Liberty!

David Hill Coralville, IA

The repair of the pipe that burst in my house was carried out timely and with a full explanation of what was being done. I had a number of issues, all covered by my warranty plan, and Liberty delivered fairly. Our agent, Abigail, was very understanding, and attentive.

Nicholas Clarck New York, NY

I have had a good experience with Liberty Home Guard. I’ve used my policy with them several times since I purchased a new home. Rachel from Liberty’s customer service was wonderful and the repair people that have been at my house to fix my broken items have been high quality. So far I’m glad I went with Liberty.

Lurlie Mahaffey New Smyrna Beach, FL

My heat went out on Wed. just before Christmas. They said they'd be here 24-49 hours. I live in Volusia County, FL. They went all the way over to another county, Orange, and booked a company who said they wouldn't be here until Monday. When Monday came, I received an early morning notice that they would be here. At 11:04 I received a text from them saying they were trying to reach me and if I didn't call back in next few minutes, they were going to reschedule me.l I called back at 11:12, less then 10 minutes. They have already gone on to another job. I have sat here and waited for 4 hours for nothing. What a scam. Can I give them an F?

Ulysses Turner Wellington, FL

The contractor gave valuable advice, arrived on time, and wore a mask. He fixed the leaky sink within an hour and cleaned the space when he was finished. Happy with the service.

Joan Sanders Billings, MT

The technician was very polite and knowledgeable. He diagnosed the issue thoroughly. I am waiting on Liberty now for next steps. We need a replacement unit and I hope they don’t give us a hard time. If they do I will be updating this review to reflect as such. Thanks.

Kelly Marie Cannon Brooklyn, NY

Excellent! The customer service representative was very helpful, friendly, and informative. My latest claim was covered in full - they replaced my washing machine. Thank you for the new washing machine! I also want to mention that Ryan was very helpful.

Michael Montgomery Edmond, OK

It’s been really nice to have Liberty Home Guard’s coverage. They’ve done such a good job on my claims that I’m generally less anxious about things in my home braking. Whenever anything in my house gives me an issue, I log in to my account and file the claim and Liberty takes care of the rest.

todd samalin Atlanta, GA

Their focus is on collecting monthly payments, not paying out claims. Here are the inventive reasons they came up with for only paying $250 on my $1000 repair bill: 1. Your $12,000 Viking range is 12 years old, so it's actually worth very little. 2. It's on a list of appliances they don't cover. Note that this incredibly long list wasn't shared with me prior to signing up. 3. They don't actually offer full coverage during the first three months. Also new information that wasn't shared with me until after I rejected their other excuses. When dealing with this company all I can recommend is "buyer beware" and don't blindly believe that all reviews are real. Even getting the meager payout took 4 months and numerous phone calls and emails.

Ethan McDaniel Irvine, CA

Fixed the pool pump last week with Liberty - no issues or stress. All was handled by the Liberty team, and all I had to do was ensure someone was home when the technician arrived.

Franklin Bennett New York, NY

The technician who came to fix our AC was stellar. He arrived on time, was knowledgeable and respectful. He took care of the issue, gave worthy recommendations on how to maintain the ac properly, and left the area clean when he finished. Thank you, Liberty, the service is impressive!

Chloe Newman Katy, TX

The repairman called 1 hour before arriving and showed up on time. I also got an automated text message from their system notifying me when they’d be arriving. He fixed my oven during that first visit as well. I’m quite happy with their level of communication and coverage so far.

Janice Hughes Middletown, DE

My experience with Liberty Home has been great from the start. At 38 I purchased my first home and was treated very well when I called them to sign up. All my questions were answered and my concerns were explained. I have not had to file a claim but I have been told by other Liberty Home clients that the process is made very simple and easy to understand. The online access is also a great tool to have to get support etc.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Janice, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating. We are glad you chose us as your home warranty experts!

Jun. 25th, 2020

Claudia Fraser Las Vegas, NV

Here’s my shout out to Liberty Home Guard for the wonderful service I have gotten and their amazing help. It has been an super difficult moment in our lives, I've been without an income for 2 months as my business is within Geriatric Living Communities. I'm sending this review to identify Liberty as one of the great American businesses that truly care about the customers! To all your employees... stay well and thank you for all you do.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Claudia, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Leslie Butler

We filed a claim last week on our broken fridge, we’ve been quarantined up in the catskills and made the mistake of overstuffing the refrigerator. This was entirely our fault and we were honest about it to the good folks of Liberty, they paid out $500.00 towards a new $750.00 fridge which retails for $950, we paid the $250 difference. Just like that - BRAND NEW FRIDGE! Thank you for being so helpful during this difficult time!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a high rating! We are so happy we were able to assist you during these trying times.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Jay Kapper Reisterstown, MD

Lots of hidden fee's and charges when filing a clam, and YOU pay for the labor liberty only pays for the parts........ completely lied to me when i signed up i asked that question because i was switching from my other warranty company (BGE home) which i will be going back to as soon as this policy ends the people are nice and very helpful and the company does what they say they will there are jut hidden fees they don't tell you about. if your ok with that then use them but i need to know everything upfront

Polly Porter Oklahoma City, OK

My customer service rep was Lorraine and let me say, she was exceptional. Had a bit of an accent, but spoke english fluently and helped me address all of my concerns.

Patricia Goodwin Newport News, VA

I ended up using my Liberty Home Guard Warranty more than I thought I would. They came through every time for all my appliance fixes that I needed without any stress, delays, or hassle. I recommend them to everyone I know.

ANNE MUNN Dearborn Heights, MI

I can only speak of Brad... very concise and professional. I will be seeking him out when I'm ready to purchase services. I will also refer friends, he is a polite young man.

Esther Crawford Albemarle, NC

Liberty jumped into action super quickly when we had a pipe burst. They rerouted a plumber in the field who was at my home within the hour. Needless to say, my family and I were seriously impressed. Great job Liberty!

Arnold Haynes Mobile, AL

Love being enrolled with LHG. Every time I put in a service request, within a super short period of time I know who will be coming to my home to address my problems. Service has always been stellar and professional.

Lillian Lamb Fenton, MO

My swimming pool pump was leaking. I reached out to LHG, and they sent me the technician the next day. He was professional and fixed the leakage right away. Very happy to have my warranty!

Harvey Cross Zanesville, OH

They were able to get a replacement microwave over to my house in faster time than my previous home warranty company (American Home Shield) was able to get a technician to arrive and diagnose an issue. If you are getting a home warranty, you absolutely should go with Liberty Home Guard.

Debra Karam Phoenix, AZ

We haven't used the home warranty yet, so can't rate performance, but we give high marks to our account rep, Brad S. He walked us through the process, was very informative, patient, and answered all of our questions. We purchased two home warranties from him and look forward to a good relationship with Brad and Liberty Home Guard. We liked the BBB rating of "A" as well.

Frank Dean Miami, FL

The faucet in my kitchen was leaking like a geyser and making a huge mess, called Liberty Home Guard and although leaks as per their agreement are not covered, they didn’t run from the problem and instead extended a courtesy and dispatched a technician who came out and fixed it in 30 minutes, they took a fee of $85, but it was fine. Happy nonetheless.

Joanna Golden Wilmington, DE

Happy with my total home guard plan. It was super easy to get enrolled with them, the rep was very knowledgeable and easy to speak with. He was patient and explained every part of the coverage including what is and isn’t covered. The rep helped me choose the coverage that was best for my home’s needs. So far I am happy with their service. I am hopeful that the claims process will go as smoothly.

Lindsay Wilkins Albuquerque, NM

I bought their one year policy and they’ve been super helpful. They made sure I understood the policy and all of the paperwork. I’ve called them countless times and they send over a professional ready to do the job quickly every single time.

Sharon Bennett Alpharetta, GA

I had a claim that was my fault, and they covered it with no problem at all! Yes, I had to pay a deductible, but they took care of paying for the repairs. Between the repairs and the labor, Liberty paid nearly $500, and I had to pay a $100 deductible.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Shannon, thank you for your kind words and the high rating!

Jun. 18th, 2020

Fernando Battle Bluefield, WV

I had a great experience from beginning to end with Liberty Home Guard. From the submitting my claim up until I got my new dishwasher. The process for even receiving a rebate on my initial purchase was super-fast. Liberty Home Guard truly is revolutionizing the way home warranty companies work. I already recommended it to a few friends!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and high rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Gervase Garrett Horn Lake, MS

I have had my home warranty coverage with multiple companies over the last 25+ years and I must say that Liberty Home has been the most reasonable cost of all of them but in addition, they really do care a lot about their customers. Greatly appreciate everything you did for me during this time.

Kylie Rogers

They managed to get my fridge fixed in no time, having this plan saved me a lot of trouble. I appreciate their willingness to work with their customers under all circumstances, Jonathan knows what I mean, thank you again to Jonathan for assisting me in getting my claim filled.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for the kind and honest feedback! We will pass your kind words to Jonathan.

Jun. 5th, 2020

William Cunningham Wichita, KS

I am a new customer and my agent Brad had to put up with a lot as I was going back and fourth. His professionalism and patient attitude were fresh air compared to the rude unprofessional agents I deal with on a daily. He is one that cares about taking care of his clients, rare in these days of Covid-19. I have some health problems and thought this would be a stressful process as dealing with most things seem to be these day . But Brad made this process stress free. i want to thank you Brad for all your held and I feel comfortable coming to you in the future and recommending my friends and family to you also. Thank you Brad for all your help. I can be contacted for further comment if necessary. Also one last note I was going to go with American Home Warranty but after talking to Brad decided against it and I feel very comfortable with my desision. William T Cunningham New customer

Joyce DiGrazio Toms River, NJ

Horrible. I needed service on my garbage disposal. Paid my $75 and repaid said not repairable. Liberty has said they will replaced the uni It but not the labor. What’s the sense of having a warranty. I did have a warranty with Sears and they do did cover parts AND labor. Do not use. Check someone else out. Update. Aaron contacted me regarding this problem and I have to say he went over and over to help us. They have agreed to pay for installation and cleared up the miscommunication between me and the first gentlemen I spoke with. It’s my first claim and as dissatisfied I was in the beginning so far after speaking to him I feel I make the right choice. Thanks again Aaron for your help

Steven Corral Weaver, AL

I have had multiple service requests placed and all were taken care of by LHG in a timely and professional manner. 5 stars.

HC Brana Sanford, FL

My dishwasher broke in mid august 2021. After paying $70.00 deductible the tech was sent and diagnosed a broken motor.LHG gave us a choice of a new one and we chose one. We paid for the installation, as this company does not pay for installation and kits, and the difference to a total of $268.67+. They told us that it would take 3 days. After calling for weeks and told that the machine was ordered, they said the place where they buy it was not responding and the would order from Lowes near us. Several days later they wanted us to pick it up and my husband id 80 yrs old with dissabilities. Finnaly I contacted Lowes and they said they would deliver for free. It is now October 5th and still waiting. Every single day with a different story. We feel that this company is the worst we have had and should be investigated by the State. Also make sure you read the contract BEFORE you purchase. They told us they cover this and this but they don't tell you that they don't cover installations, kits needed for installs of parts and they never tell you each has a limit. We are so so sorry to have purchased because it had A rating for BBB, which by the way is in Brooklyn NY not here in FL. and you CAN NOT contact the home office either or talk to a manager.

James Baylor Phoenix, AZ

Liberty Home Guard is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Their customer service sucks and all you get from them is a run around. Just had our washing machine repaired and they made me pay $122 of the cost for the part. Have not given me any explanation why. It took almost three weeks and many calls to get it repaired. Now I have contacted them four times attempting to cancel my contract and again I am getting nowhere. Monday of last week I was told I would be contacted in 48 to 72 hours, nothing. Friday I was told that afternoon, nothing. Today they said they were sending an email to set up a time for a call, nothing. Just give me my money back and stop playing these stupid games. Horrible, horrible customer service!!

Peter Little Clarksville, TN

Excellent service, the technician was very helpful and explained in detail what went wrong with our dishwasher. Very honest, hard-working technician, and great customer support. Will recommend.

David Robinson New York, NY

I have nothing but positive things to say about Liberty Home Guard. After fixing our leaking garbage disposal, they followed up with me to make sure the experience was satisfactory.

Sherry Dougherty Atlantic City, NJ

Ever since I purchased the Total Home Guard coverage I’ve submitted 4 claims and all went pretty smoothly. Only one claim took a week but the other 3 were within 48 hours, and I was very happy.

Zayn Crabs Denver, CO

Everything was as promised. Speedy service and great communication. We were in the know about our washing machine replacement, and it happened really quickly. We appreciate it, Liberty!

Debbie Winters Aberdeen, MD

My dishwasher started leaking, and LHG managed to send me a repairman promptly. He arrived the next afternoon and was really courteous and professional. Thanks, I appreciate your service!