Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs.

Liberty Home Guard provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. The company offers extensive claim reimbursement and it has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Additionally, LHG intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal & Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below.

Appliance Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1 a Day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (Plans Starting at Less Than $1.50 a Day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard Plans.

Optional Add-On's

• Septic system & septic sewage ejector pump
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Second refrigerator

Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal & Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

LHG only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home Guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Not Available Everywhere

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard doesn't operate in all 50 United States. However, the company currently services 41 states (and Washington, D.C.), which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services:

• Alabama
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with lots to offer, including affordable pre-set warranty plans as well as customizable add-on options. LHG prioritizes quality service by thoroughly vetting its technicians to ensure customer satisfaction. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal.

With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Liberty Home Guard below.

3.8

Robert Jones

January 26th, 2021 Wakefield, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We haven't had any negative interactions with Liberty Home Guard. Kay was very attentive and went above and beyond to help me out with my last claim.

Cat

January 18th, 2021 Lewisville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give a negative*five star but it’s not available. They are a scam company and a total rip off. They coax you into buying five years of policy from them or one year, and then they cover almost virtually nothing. When you try to cancel I never got a straight answer on how to cancel, They assume you’ll go away; they make the cancellation process excruciating, including not informing you how much they’re going to reimburse you for. After 20+ attempts to get my contract canceled after one month of having their service, I actually contacted my credit card company to get a credit because they were absolutely non-communicative whatsoever. Do not go with this company—you will be sorry!

Jami Van Den Bogaert

January 16th, 2021 Ozark, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to buy 1 policy for 1 rental house and was talked into buying multi year policies for 6 homes to the tune of $1275 billed for 6 months for a total of $7650. The sales rep is super smooth and said I would have my own account rep and that there were no cancellation fees and that service request were always handled right away especially since I was a VIP customer. Fast forward a few months and on two separate service calls there was an enormous wait time followed by the phone being answered by an answering service that said I should expect a call back AFTER 24 hours. It was like 10 am when I called and I asked why After 24 hours and she said that is what they are told to say. The callback never came, called back again to get the same 45 minuted on hold followed by saying that I would receive a callback which again didn't come so I emailed them and finally a few days later got a reply that they would assign a tech but by the time they got that done I already had it resolved. Second claim I submitted on their website to avoid the wait time and watched it sit pending for 2 weeks before I requested to cancel all my policies and get a refund. Long story short they still owe me for the first payment of $1275 I wasn't able to dispute with my card that they are refusing to refund and charged me an additional $1,275 for two moths after I requested cancellation. I also read in another review that they want customers to sign non-disclosure agreements to get refunds hence why they are able to maintain a fake image of being a good company with good reviews. Total scam, run away!

Don Elliott

January 15th, 2021 Anniston, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a 10 year contract for $7000. 3 months after purchase I called to get my washer repaired. After some minor details and issues the repair request was completed. Aaron G from account service, brand management, successfully competed a suitable agreement

Caleb Douglas

January 14th, 2021 Charleston, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a couple of problems with my master bath. The Liberty Home Guard technician who was sent to my apartment fixed all of my issues quickly and cleanly. I was delighted with the service.

Robert Moore

January 11th, 2021 Easley, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our garage door opener had a complete failure, and the technician showed up on time. He replaced the chain sprocket on our unit extremely quickly and was polite, professional, and courteous the entire time. It was an impeccable service. 5 stars all the way. This is the best home warranty I have ever purchased.

Georg Benzinger

January 10th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All I can say is Breach of Contract! First off every time I call I'm on hold for at least 30 minutes. After I bought a policy, I had a dishwasher fail, my policy clearly states 5. Dishwasher a. COVERED: All mechanical components and parts. b. NOT COVERED: Racks; Baskets; Rollers; Hinges; Handles; Doors and door gaskets. The repair person said it needed to be replaced. LHG manager tells me it's not covered because it's a bosch and bosch is premium so they'll do me a "favor" and give me $175 towards a new machine. FYI, there are no brands that are $175 and BTW they sent me a list of replacement machines that included bosch that were $450-$500 (kind of a slap in the face seeing that price point is anything but premium) why wouldn't I get my machine replaced with another equivalent machine like I was promised by Rob S when we went over the contract. And BTW brands were never even brought up or mentioned. Fast forward to today and I'm having a problem with a plumbing fixture. Coverage states; 4. Plumbing a. COVERED: Leaks and breaks of water, drain, or waste lines; Toilet tanks, bowls, mechanisms, and wax ring seals; Shower, tub, diverter, rinse, and gate valves; Built-in bathtub whirlpool motor and pump assemblies; Stoppages/clogs in drain and sewer lines up to 100 feet from access point. Mainline stoppages are only covered if there is an accessible ground level cleanout, and the main line has not collapsed. b. NOT COVERED: Stoppages/clogs that cannot be cleared by cable/snake; Gas lines; Access; Water closets; Cost to locate ground level cleanout; Slab leaks; Polybutylene and Galvanized pipes; Drum traps; Flange; Other fixtures, and cartridges; Baskets and strainers; Popup assemblies; Cracked porcelain; Shower enclosures and base pans; Roman tubs; Bathtub drain mechanisms; Toilet lids and seats; Grouting and tile; Covered Items in Section G.; Pressure regulators and valves; Flood control or check valves; Caulking; Filtration systems; Iron breakers; Water pressure; Holding/storage tanks; Saunas/steam rooms; Camera inspection; Jetting. So right away the representative says, before I have given him any information, that I do not have coverage. I reply but my policy says I do have coverage and I start reading from the policy. Before I can finish my sentence he tells me to read 4b. Basically everything in the shower that is covered in 4a is ruled out in 4b so it's not covered. What a crock! This is bad business, first you tell me that I havent purchased a policy that covers plumbing and then when I establish that I do indeed have plumbing coverage you show me how the contract was written to trick me to beleive I was covered until after a legitimate claim is incurred. First they dont honor any reasonable reimbursement for my legitimate dishwasher claim and now they wont cover a plumbing fixture that is stated as covered in their contract. I am a in Real Estate working for the largest firm in the country. I will never recommend LIBERTY HOME GUARD as a reputable home warranty alternative to any of my clients. Clearly they put profits ahead of service, fairness and legal rights of their subscribers. Updated 1/10/2021; when I spoke with LHG last I had requested to speak with a manager to explain why my claim was not covered. There was no manager available to comment and I am still waiting for a response. I just saw that my credit card was charged $75 at the tim I spoke with the representative. So he tells me my claim is not covered it's not covered and then he charges me for a service fee anyway. I dont get it, now I have to call them back to reverse the charge, another 30 minute wait on hold just to reverse a annoying charge for nothing.

James Scott

January 8th, 2021 Park Hills, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jonathan did a great job explaining the terms of the policy to us. Helped us get our claim filed and attended. A repairman came out and handled everything for our fridge. Satisfactory experience.

Susan Campbell

December 30th, 2020 Sterling Heights, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Liberty Home Guard has been great! Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality home warranty. They do exactly what they say they will do, are very courteous, and have always been very helpful with every claim we submit, big or small. We have referred it to numerous coworkers, friends, and family members and will continue to do so. I suggest you do the same, call in and ask for Jonathan M.

Liza Day

December 28th, 2020 Southfield, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had 2 claims since we moved into our house last year. Each time Liberty Home Guard has done a fantastic job of getting our problems solved quickly! So glad we bought our total guard plan!

Marco Olson

December 23rd, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They sound nice, but never actually cover anything. Had them for a year - tried three simple claims, and they made some BS excuse each time why they wouldn't cover them.

casa

December 23rd, 2020 Zion, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible never fixed washing machine. They put me on run around. use to answer phone calls. then started putting me toward answering services. putting paper work on hold. never make decisions. keeping delaying decisions. take $80 do no performance. Corrupts liers play games. should not be in bussiness at all. Not professional about this company at all. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek Fitzgerald

December 23rd, 2020 Conyers, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My garbage disposal went down, and LHG's customer service rep was quick to help me out. Tech was clean, knowledgeable, and extremely informative before and after installation. Very polite and cleaned up before he left. Keep up the great work!

Katie Pitts

December 17th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a terrible home warranty company. Rude customer service. A totally waste of money. They refuse to help. They have all sorts of loop holes that basically guarantee they won’t pay out any money. Customer service reps are so disrespectful and talk over you the entirei time. They say they need to call you back and never do. Save yourself time and money and skip the home warranty all together and use that money to replace your own things when the time comes. Seriously, this is a huge scam! After two claims, that I had to pay $80 bucks for each, I still have no resolution.

Jennifer smith

December 17th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke to Adam he was really helpful!!!

Stacy Heimlich

December 15th, 2020 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give zero I would. Do not do what they say. Telling me I have to pay for the labor to install a replacement water heater. I’m a real estate broker with many properties which I have always used Fidelity home protection, who are great. They just did not have service in my Idaho small town so I had to go with liberty. The salesman was pushy the reps say they will call you they don’t. It’s been over a week in December with no water heater and family coming next week for Christmas. Zero stars. NOT amazing. I did not put the green Ana I got box here if it shows up in review.

Disgusted

December 15th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing, I purchased the 3 year plan from Bob, who told me my service fee would be $55, the wrote on my contract $65. When service guy can I was ready to pay my $55 service, He call company and they said no charge, To fine out they went into my bank account and distracted the $65 without permission or warnings, this is unauthorized and considered stealing. Then they informed me that I have to now pay again for the installation of my parts, these people will ripe you off, they never call you back on the service call you call to keep calling them. Scam, save yourself some anxiety and aggrevation. They are Horrible and ripoff artist. Don't trust them..

Joseph Davis

December 8th, 2020 Solon, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had to use the warranty several times, three for plumbing and once for HVAC. Liberty Home Guard has been awesome! The response is immediate, and someone is out to address the problem quickly. The home warranty is a lifesaver, and these guys are real problem-solvers.

Edward McLaughlin

December 7th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our garage door opener went out, and we called for service. The service company came out and fixed the garage door opener one day after the call. Great service.

Henry Reeves

November 30th, 2020 Evansville, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an active leak in my home. LHG had a plumber at my house within an hour. The leak was stopped and fixed in three. LHG and the technician were excellent.

Alex Garcia

November 25th, 2020 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was initially skeptical about the home warranty product as a whole; however, we used our warranty twice within two months after purchasing our home and have had a very positive experience both times. One claim was for plumbing and the other was for 2 AC compressors that needed to be replaced. Both times the process was stress-free.

Sebastian Lopez

November 23rd, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although I haven't had many issues with the house, whenever I did have an issue, Liberty Home Guard was there. Always easy to deal with their personnel and very responsive to my needs.

Janet Cummings

November 21st, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My situation with Liberty Home Guard Warranty has been resolved to my satisfaction. They have apologized for their "inaction" and talked with the personnel involved. I did, however, ask for a full refund and I should be receiving it soon.

John Jones

November 18th, 2020 , MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Liberty home guard is great. They touched base with me to see if my refrigerator was fixed the day after the repair person came to my home. Nice to see a home warranty company that actually cares.

SunFløwer James

November 13th, 2020 , GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a drain leak toilet issue 11/08/2020.i immediately called liberty about the situation they charge me 75.00 even though my original paper work was 60.00 for service charge I was told that was not on my contract what a waste of money.they charge me 75.00 immediately out my account they had a plumber schedule for me when I called the plumber he stated he was not aware of my issue my appointment with him was for that Monday no show called liberty they claim he knew.i got nowhere so they sent the rooter people out 11/12/2020 got happy only 10minutes of him being there due to the sink stopper assembly removed he said that's an easy fix water poured out that Wednesday I just took it out shut water off he comes back and said being that I removed the assembly their not fixing it.i'm very upset this company is very miss leading. I just paid liberty in full for nothing.i would not recommend if you don't have money to waste.

Jessica Murray

November 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good reviews are fake. Do not listen to them. I switched to this company because of the good reviews and what the website said. But they misrepresent themselves big time. My 2011 dishwasher broke and they came out. I pay over $60 a month for the best coverage and it is $80 per house call per broken item. The technician said it was my control board and Liberty home guard took over a week to get back to me to say it was a covered part and they recommend the unit be replaced because of its age. They said they would contribute $150 towards a replacement. I was aghast. In Their website it specifically states several times if a unit is broken and they recommend replacement they will replace it. it does not say ANYWHERE that they will “contribute” to the replacement. If it did I wouldn’t have chosen this company as that is NOT what a home warranty is for. Especially only $150 when it’s an $80 house call fee and over $60 a month. So I tell them “not acceptable” and they say they will call me back. About 5 days later they call me back and offer me $200 to contribute towards a replacement. I tell them under their FAQs on their website is specifically reads that they replace units not “contribute to replacements” they tell me to look in the fine print on my contract and that this is all they can give me. I say “not acceptable” and I’m waiting on my 3rd phone call back and it’s been almost 2 weeks with no dishwasher and I’m supposed to have a premium policy. Doesn’t feel like it. I switched from choice home warranty and they never treated me like this and covered replacements. And it was much cheaper and you could do everything online.

Wesley Houston

November 9th, 2020 Franklin Park, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome! All my questions were answered on the first call, and they had a plumber come and fix my clog the very next morning. The service was great. Very pleased. Thank you

Beverley Elliott

October 30th, 2020 Manassas, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very quick and responsive customer service (special thanks to Karen). We’ve had claims and used our warranty for the hot water tank, and the AC twice. All good experiences.

Lily Bradford

October 28th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a technician come out recently to unclog a sink drain and repair a small leak. Technically the leak fell outside the lines of coverage but Jonathan responded promptly, made an exception and was very courteous on the phone. He sent me a great technician who repaired everything within 72 hours.

Michael Allford

October 23rd, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The technician was friendly and took the time to explain to me the cause of the plumbing problem I had at home. It took him a couple of hours to fix, which I appreciated very much. Excellent and professional service on the part of LHG.

Cindy Kunz

October 22nd, 2020 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely poor customer service. To ask a question on coverage, I was told I had to file a claim. I was immediately charged $75 and never received an answer to my question. Trying to get a refund for the the charge and trying to cancel my policy. This was a very disappointing experience. I definitely would not recommend them

jake m vincent

October 18th, 2020 Richardson, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we work it out liberty home guard Mr. G At frist it was a big headache Now, they paid the claim ,and I am happy. They agree to reimburt me some of my money on the furance and install 10/20/2020 I am hoping for at least 900 dollars back.

Alan Arthurs

October 12th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really appreciate that they offer so many ways to customize each plan, from adding different types of coverage to changing the duration. Thanks to their flexibility, I only have to pay for what I need. Best of all, when something breaks, I know that they always have my back.

Unhappy

October 8th, 2020 Floral Park, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unfortunately there is nothing lower than 1 star. We started with a working Kenmore dishwasher which needed service because it was not draining completely. The technician sent said we needed a new motor. When the next technician came he had to rig the motor to fit and destroyed the dishwasher-blew out the electric. We ordered a new one through the warranty company, it took 2 months to be delivered-we then had to fight with them to get an electrician in to hook it up properly. When the installer came he hooked up all the plumbing and when he went to test the machine found out there was a large dent in the top and silverware drawer could not pull out. After contacting Liberty Home Guard again we have been getting a run around for another machine. 4 months and still waiting for a working machine! We are kept on hold at least a 1/2 hour or more when we call-all we get are apologies but no SERVICE! We want our money back and are still getting run arounds.

Liberty Home Guard Logo

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Oct 13, 2020

Greetings: Your replacement dishwasher is expected to be delivered today between 1-5 p.m.

James Smith

October 6th, 2020 Groton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just had a positive experience with these guys. I had a problem with my pool and sump pump, and their reps were able to handle both issues on time for me, hassle-free. Appreciated.

Allison Wukovits

September 26th, 2020 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a warranty in June 2020. We had been with another complany for 3 years and had had some frustrations with their response time and replacement covrage. I thought I had covered every scenario when I sopke with the Liberty agent and was hopeful tht what he advised was quick service ...'even on weekends' and replacement costs if needed would be better because they work with a wholesaler. 2 weeks ago our dryer went out. I placed a claim that day and did not hear from a technician until Tuesday, I missed the call and was unable to get ahold of them the dnext day either. By Tursday I called Liberty and they had the guy call me, set a time for the next day, Friday and he was a no show. Liberty then re assigned the case and nothing happened over the wekend, still no call Monday so I called them and they tried to get the technician and were unable to so they again reassigned the case. Finally on Wednesday...1 and a half weeks later....th technician came out and stated thed control board was out but they don't make it anymore so he can't repair it. I waited to get a call, nothing from Liberty Wednesday or Thursday so I called Thursday evening. They stated they had not heard from techinician, waited on hold for 30 minuts and they said the technician said it could not be repaired so my case would go to the review department. All day Friday I hear nothing so I called in the afternoon and they advised me that had the part been available the repair would have been $225 so that is all they will give me for the dryer!!!!!!! So minus the $65 service fee, I will get $160 to replace the dryer. It is now 2 weeks with no dryer. Laundromats are not cheap. I now have to wait for them to call after they talk to wholesale deptment to see what is available. To say I am disappointed is an understatemnt, this should have been disclosed in the sales pitch. That is a very important detail that they knowingly omitted. I will be cancelling my coverage

Ronda Backer

September 25th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been working with these guys for 3 years and it's been nothing but good experiences. I am very satisfied with the work that they do, and the premium prices that they charge are fair.

Jason Alders

September 16th, 2020 Belmar, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really terrible customer service. They do everything they can to not pay claims. Very long delays.

Jacob Dodson

September 3rd, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have some incredible people working here, I respect a company that stands by their word. Very happy that I am able to do work with them.

Dylan Duncan

August 27th, 2020 Dover, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have been with them for some time already. Always talk to Alison, she is super friendly and does her best to help. I had my kitchen faucet replaced recently, I got instant approval and a reimbursement check after I picked what I liked over at Lowes

Matthew Roesner

August 20th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unfulfilled Commitments and Poor Customer Experience. Having moved and purchased five homes, decided to try Liberty Home Guard due to ratings and voiced commitment to customer service. Sadly, I should have stayed with known companies. LHG is a newer company that has long call waits, finally has a new portal and looks for excuses not to service claims rather than meet the terms of the contract. Note that the contract has a limit/cap on reimbursable expenditures for the first three months. This is something that was not covered on the sales call and is hidden in the terms and conditions. Since purchasing the service, there have been three service calls. On two of them, it took escalations to senior management to attempt to get the problem resolved. In both cases, it came down to LHG saying it would cost too much, not that the problem wasn't covered by the terms and conditions in the contract. In the latest, LHG indicated that an electrical issue would require further investigation since the cost is too high and LHG wants the homeowner to pursue other alternatives by hiring or performing investigative work at homeowner's expense, even though LHG accepts the initial diagnosis by its contracted electrician, but just doesn't like the costs. On the second claim, the executive, David, offered some cost deferment and specifically asked me to provide a five star review noting his assistance. He made promises to improve service, cover it with his employees, and continue to better the site and overall experience. Sadly, three months later when LHG had a chance to demonstrate his words with a new claim, actions failed to deliver. In fact, it even got worse. Buyer beware as LHG is not the company it represents to be.

Paul Collins

August 12th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Liberty Home has been fantastic. We unfortunately had to use the warranty a few times. The customer service and timeliness has always been on point.

Нarmon Еthan

August 7th, 2020 Ellenville, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had only positive experiences with this company. I've filed claims with them and I've always been satisfied with the outcome. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Christine Cleveland

July 29th, 2020 Hendersonville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is CERTAINLY NOT an amazing business. Very very bad company. DO NOT waste your money or time. I signed up with Liberty Guard a year ago despite the negative warnings I had received from others about them. I took warranties on my home and a rental home. On Jan. 20,2020 I contacted Liberty regarding a plumbing issue on the rental house. They gladly took my $80.00 deductible on the spot and told me a plumber would be contacting me. He didnt. ;Two days later I called Liberty back and they gave me his phone number. I only got answer service and never a response. On Jan. 29, 2020 I still not been able to get service or response and requested my refund back which I had to go around the world and back before they finally agreed to refund my deductible back. On June 25 , 2020 I contacted Liberty Guard for a duct that was torn in my crawl space. They told me my policy had been canceled but ironically they were still taking automatic drafts from my bank account. After they fixed that I filed a claim for someone to come out to assess duct. I re-lived the same experience in my attempt to file 6 months earlier. No one came and although I made repeated calls to Liberty they said all contractors were busy. On my own I looked up one contractor....they were out to assess my duct in 3 hours that same day. He said problem was from wear an tear that he found a little water probably from condensation. My house is 19 years old. I called Liberty and asked would they cover it. We talked 3 way with company tech and Liberty said they would get back with me. Said they had to meet with the committee. In the meantime the company ordered the materials they needed to fix duct and had it repaired 3 days later. The company had to be paid. Who paid for it? Liberty who I have duct coverage with refused to pay. So I had to pay for it. I canceled my policy on the spot--asked for my deductible refund back plus my prorated refund because they had just taken automatic monthly deposit from my account. I only received the $80.00 deductible back and rightfully should have since I had to find my own contractor. No pro-rated refund. This has been my experience with Liberty along with several others. Reviews can be good or bad but word of mouth speaks stronger. If you are looking for a reliable home warranty business I sincerely hope you would look elsewhere because this is not the one.

Stephanie Coates -DPSCS-

July 28th, 2020 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my first and only time to use this company. I had a 1 year contract on a new home that I purchased which happened to encounter some issues. In Baltimore Maryland, this company must not have a good contractor resource pool because it has taken up to 4 weekdays for a contractor to connect with me even long if going into the weekend. I had plumbing issues and ac issues when it was over 100 degree. They promised that I would be placed as a level 1 priority however, I put claim in on an early morning on Wed and haven't been contacted until Tuesday of the following week. I had to request my service fee refund twice because I just had to hire someone to come and address issues. I gave them a complaint about the poor service of connecting with a contractor but I guess those departments are not impacted so it wasn't taken with care of a valued customer. I will never renew with them and I want others in the Baltimore region to know that if you consider this company then be prepared to be disappointed with the contractors' response time or the contractor themselve. I would go into it about the contractor... I will say one was pretty good but didn't know how to fix my toilet issue which ended up being that the line was starting to back up and another contractor just wasn't responsive with time of arrival. It took several days to contact me then the contractor still couldn't get to me for 2 more days. SMH. This is my third company that I have tried over the years and really has been the worst. Sometime special offers/promotions is not the best choice. Just forewarning you all because I read reviews and find them helpful.

RICEGUMFAM

July 21st, 2020 West Chester, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would like to give ZERO star if I can. Long Story Short, DON'T BE CHEATED and DONT BUY IT. I purchased Liberty Home Guard's home warranty services and was told that I will have a peace of mind with all appliances and home system covered. What a LIE!!! Not to mention that they are not responsive, the contractors didn't show up as scheduled and keeps changing schedule. From time to time, I need to trace down the contractors and later found that they don't do the business for Liberty Home Guard. In my request for a failed dishwasher, I was told that it was not covered in the Home Warranty and I need to pay to purchase a new one myself. OK. I gave Liberty Home Guard a second chance. A few months later, I filed another claim for refrigerator. They told me AGAIN that it is not cover in the service plan. WHAT? If neither dishwasher or refrigerator are covered in Home Warranty, why a consumer needs it for? I filed a complain to BBB and this lying company needs to be shut down.

jameshmiller

July 16th, 2020 Yukon, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have fulfilled all of my inquiries without hesitation..

David Colquett

July 10th, 2020 Jackson, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s a scam please no one buy this. I spent the $500 and never got a single tech to my house to fix anything. Wast of money.

Willie F

July 8th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a three-year contract with Liberty Home Guard. That was a serious mistake. Don't fall for their "special" rates. It is impossible to reach their service department. They don't respond to emails and don't respond to calls. What is the point of having a home warranty when you can't reach them, especially during an emergency, such as flooding or AC not working (in the middle of terrible heat waves).

Lindsay Wilkins

July 1st, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought their one year policy and they’ve been super helpful. They made sure I understood the policy and all of the paperwork. I’ve called them countless times and they send over a professional ready to do the job quickly every single time.