Liberty Home Guard

6.2

LAST UPDATED: September 26th, 2022

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty provider focused heavily on its customers. The home warranty company believes that a problem in your home is a problem in theirs.

Liberty Home Guard provides a variety of home warranty plans to give consumers the option to select the warranty coverage that best fits their needs. The company offers extensive claim reimbursement and it has pioneered programs that give you the choice to receive cash payouts or replacement upgrades. Additionally, LHG intensely vets all technicians to ensure they are fit to serve consumers efficiently.

The Good

• Affordable Home Warranty Plans
  • Variety of Add On Coverage
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade
  • Online Portal and Mobile App
  • Vetted Technicians
  • Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Affordable Home Warranty Plans

Liberty Home Guard provides homeowners with a variety of home warranty plan options. We will list coverage details for each plan below:

Appliance Guard Plan (plans starting at less than $1 a day)

• Clothes washer
  • Clothes dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Built-in microwave ovens
  • Dishwashers
  • Garbage disposals
  • Ranges/ovens/cooktops
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Garage door openers

Systems Guard Plan (plans starting at less than $1 a day)

• Air conditioning
  • Heating
  • Ductwork
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Water heaters

Total Home Guard Plan (plans starting at less than $1.50 a day)

• All systems and appliances included in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard plans

Variety of Add On Coverage

Most, if not all home warranty companies offer add on coverage, allowing you to customize your warranty to your specific needs. Compared to other companies, Liberty Home Guard offers a much wider array of add on services, including some of the following:

• Pool and spa
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Gutter cleaning
  • Central vacuum
  • And more!

If there is something specific that you'd like coverage for that isn't on the list, you can contact Liberty Home Guard to determine whether or not specialty service can be offered.

Money Back Guarantee

If you aren't satisfied with your service, Liberty Home Guard has a 30-day money back guarantee. Beyond the guarantee, you will receive a prorated refund of your contract fee.

Choice of Cash Payout or Replacement Upgrade

Unlike most home warranty providers, Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose how you want to receive claim reimbursement. You can decide on a cash payout, or you can request a replacement upgrade. This means you always have the choice of whether or not you'd like to repair or replace a covered system or appliance. Having this type of flexibility with your home warranty company gives you more options and ensures you are satisfied with your claim reimbursement. Many people cannot confidently say there are satisfied with a home warranty company's claim reimbursement offerings, so knowing that Liberty Home Guard has options can provide peace of mind to concerned homeowners.

Online Portal and Mobile App

Liberty Home Guard has an online portal as well as a mobile app that allows you to access and manage your policy and file claims at any time. Having additional outlets to your policy negates the need for calling customer service and waiting on hold; you can have all of your policy information in front of you and file a claim in minutes.

Vetted Technicians

Liberty Home Guard only hires service providers it deems "LHG-Certified." This means all technicians are thoroughly vetted and go through Liberty Home Guard's proprietary interview process. Liberty Home Guard also has algorithms in its feedback and grading system that allows the company to see customer satisfaction and technician quality at all times. This makes certain you don't have to worry about inadequate technicians and poor service.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, you want to make sure you check out consumer reviews to see how people feel about the company. Thankfully, Liberty Home Guard has overwhelmingly positive reviews that indicate quality customer service and quick repair time. Read Liberty Home Guard reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home warranty provider.

The Bad

Not Available Everywhere

Unfortunately, Liberty Home Guard doesn't operate in all 50 United States. However, the company currently services 41 states (and Washington, D.C.), which is still impressive for a home warranty company. Here is a list of all the states LHG services:

• Alabama
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard is a quality home warranty company with lots to offer, including affordable pre-set warranty plans as well as customizable add-on options. LHG prioritizes quality service by thoroughly vetting its technicians to ensure customer satisfaction. Liberty Home Guard allows you to choose between different claim reimbursement options and gives you access to your policy through its mobile app as well as through its online website portal.

With positive Liberty Home Guard reviews, customers are clearly happy with the home warranty company and its services. With such high standards, we highly recommend considering Liberty Home Guard as your home warranty provider.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

4.0

Farrah Collins New York, NY

When I called to register a claim because under my sink was leaking, I got on with a representative named Michelle who was very competent. She asked me a few questions and took detailed notes, which I know she did because the plumber who arrived actually told me that he knew everything he needed about the issue without asking me anything because he had such detailed notes from the “intake rep”. The whole claim took two days to resolve, which in my experience, is extremely fast for a home warranty company. Thank you Liberty Home Guard!

Daniela Spencer Minneapolis, MN

We have been loyal customers of Liberty Home Guard and are on our fourth year after renewing our policy three times. We’ve submitted about a dozen claims and while not all were perfect, or covered for that matter, I can confidently recommend them. First off, compared to other home warranty companies the difference is night and day. They process claims quickly, again generally, and they almost always have saved us money on the work they’ve facilitated. I think to date, we’ve saved over $6,000 since signing up. Their policy definitely has value to me and my family.

Evan Klotz New York, NY

Derek was very helpful. He assisted me with the claim, gave me all the details and assigned a tech to come in short notice. The tech was also very professional and thorough. He fixed the dryer without any issues. I’ve not had a hiccup with any of my claims yet.

Larry Crist New York, NY

Once I submitted my claim through the portal, Simon called me right away and asked me a few follow up questions to get a clearer understanding on the issue we were having with our refrigerator. Once we were done, she told me that the repairman would be at our house the next day. As promised, the repairman came on time and fixed the issue on that first visit. The repair was covered in full so outside of our deductible we did not have to come out of pocket.

Torres Stewart New York, NY

I am very satisfied with the service Liberty Home Guard provided us. They replaced my refrigerator within two days and made sure everything was working properly. Abigail in their customer service department was sweet and did not keep us waiting too long on the phone when we had a question on our claim. It is nice to finally have a home warranty service we can rely on.

Doug Wallen New York, NY

Wonderful service with extremely competent and helpful staff (thank you Abigail). On my first claim, it took less than 24 hours to get it all sorted out. They replaced my dryer and it didn’t cost me a dime besides for my $100 deductible. I am very happy to recommend Liberty to others and certainly plan to be using them again next year. Thank you to everyone.

Valerie Alloix Sedona, AZ

On the one 1 and only plumbing claim I filled, they were not able to dispatch a plumber before 10 days. So I canceled and hire an independent plumber. They were totally useless. Now, after telling them that I didn't want to renew my contract, they still went forward and charged me 400 bucks out of the blue. I am filling a complaint. This is just bad business and deceitful behavior all the way

Valerie Harris New York, NY

We’ve only had one claim with them so far but it went smoothly. It was for our washing machine and their contractor arrived punctually at the scheduled appointment time. He fixed the noise and smell with our washer and gave us some good tips to avoid them from reoccurring again in the future.

Monique Davis New York, NY

After we placed a service request, Ryan from Liberty called us right away to help us find a convenient time to schedule an appointment with their service providers. The plumber was only fifteen minutes late and most importantly was able to fix the issue in that visit and everything works perfectly now.

Jenny Pitcher New York, NY

Another claim handled well by Liberty Home Guard. They replaced my Oven but it broke again (I think because of the wiring in my home). But when it needed to be replaced agin, not only did they cover it but they sent an electrician to check the wiring and also covered that work. Easy to use service and no nonsense with their coverage, which is why I’m giving them five stars.

Luke Braswell

Within two hours of speaking with Liberty Home Guard’s customer service agent Brian, their technician arrived at our home. We absolutely did not expect it to go that fast, in fact we were away and the technician politely waited around for 15 minutes for us to get back home, after he called us to let us know he arrived. He took care of our dryer in that first visit. Definitely a positive claims experience with them.

Muriel Fane Miami, FL

My microwave broke and without even needing to send a repairman, Liberty Home Guard ordered me a new microwave and had it at my house two days later. They also made sure to have a repairman at my house the day the unit arrived so that they could facilitate installation. Gabby did a great job following up with me after the claim which I appreciated from them, checking up on me and confirming everything. I appreciate a thorough approach when it comes to a service I subscribe to.

Matthew Laney Oceanside, CA

I chose a Liberty Home Guard residential warranty on a former home that I lived in. The premium was reasonably priced and the customer service was excellent. I had to file a claim a couple of times and each time I did the adjustment was fair saving me money on the repairs. The Liberty Home Guard warranty gave peace of mind and good value for the expense.

Edison Taylor Toronto, ON

Lauren was super helpful during our call today. He completely understood our situation right away and fit us into their schedule without issue. Their tech arrived a few hours after we spoke and fixed our electric outlets in our living room within 45 minutes. Fast and easy experience.

Lorraine Brown Albany, NY

The Liberty’s technician came the next day, came when they said he would, and got a call 30 mins before he arrived to let me know he was coming. Repair was fairly simple and he showed me what to do to fix it myself if it gave me trouble in the future (or at least how to check it)

Mark Kirby New York, NY

Just wanted to say thank you to Lorraine who helped resolve my claim. We had an active leak and I needed someone over to my house STAT. I spoke with Lily who was somewhat helpful and I’m grateful she got me on with Lorraine, her supervisor who was able to help be get my claim expedited. Luckily the issue was completely taken care of that very same day.

Marylou Beasley New York, NY

I’ve had an Appliance Guard warranty with Liberty for the past 4 years and so far it has been smooth. During my tenure with them, I’ve had my oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher replaced. All in, saved $1,400. Every time something breaks - Liberty has been there standing behind me. They’re product is cost-effective and practical. I plan to renew this year for the fourth time.

Amelia Welch Chicago, IL

The customer service team at Liberty Home Guard is just consistently strong. Whether they’re explaining to you the coverage or helping you get your claim prioritized (all things I’ve personally experienced), they communicate clearly and patiently. They have displayed understanding of my perspective and empathize with you. I can’t say that I’ve always been covered for each of my claims and haven’t had to come out of pocket sometimes, but my expectations were always set and I was communicated with clearly and effectively. And yes, overall during my years of coverage with Liberty Home Guard I have saved thousands of dollars by using them.

Caroline Carter Orlando, FL

Liberty Home Guard is definitely the best of the bunch. I did a ton of research before signing up, and everything with them, from my sign up process with Michelle to submitting claims, most recently I spoke with has been smooth and satisfactory.

Judith Ridge New York, NY

We were very pleased with the work that Liberty did for us this time. They helped source a rare part replacement for our ancient dryer, and got it delivered within a few days. Repairs went relatively quickly, and what surprised me the most is that the technician knew a work around for a part replacement which was discontinued. Really impressed.

Nelson Barker New York, NY

I’ve had 8 claims so far with Liberty Home Guard (I have 2 properties covered with them). For each claim and each property they’ve done a great job providing service. Some claims they are able to resolve within days, and other more complicated ones within weeks but I’ve saved a ton in terms of my own time and money. I 100% will renew with them when my policy expires next year.

Eric Bailey New York, NY

We have really high end appliances and my friend recommended we go with Liberty Home Guard as they had done a great job with her Subzero fridge so we did. 3 months after signing up with them, our Viking Oven broke and we submitted a claim. They had a Viking Certified repairman at our house two days later. Unfortunately his prognosis was that the oven would need to be replaced. I called Liberty and they said they would make sure to get us the best rate possible and provide the full amount of coverage under the contract. We ended up saving $5,000 on the new oven!

Amos Lewis New York, NY

They are persistent and not afraid to communicate with you and follow up even if it is bad news. On my last heating claim they had a repairman assigned to me within the first day but the next day I got a call that he had to cancel. They told me that I was free to choose my own technician of my own accord, which I went ahead and did. I had that technician call them after diagnosing my unit and Liberty approved the $500 repair in full.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Amos, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Charlene Peters New York, NY

Emily from Liberty Home Guard was very helpful. She offered to help us navigate the online portal the first time so we could learn how to use it (and not have to call in, in the future). She helped us submit a claim for our oven, and then checked on her end to ensure it all went correctly. She then personally went into their system and found a contractor who was going to be around our home the next day. The next day the contractor arrived and determined the oven should not be repaired. They followed up and let me know that a new oven should be arriving at our house the next week and that this same contractor would be back to install it. Our new oven was installed the next week and Liberty Home Guard followed through on their plan to the tee.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Charlene, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Emily will be pleased to hear that she was able to properly assist you.

Rosie Walton New York, NY

This is the first time I have had or used a home warranty, and Liberty truly delivers a stellar performance. Their customer service representatives were an absolute pleasure to speak with, the answer my call quickly, spoke english fluently, knew the product inside out and made me feel comfortable the whole way through. The repair man who showed up to take care of the issue even spoke highly of them, it seems he and his company held this company in high regard. I will be renewing my contract next June and will have Liberty’s plan as long as I own my home. Thank you for great service, it is a pleasure to work with you.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Rosie, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! We look forward to always assisting you!

Janice Hughes Middletown, DE

My experience with Liberty Home has been great from the start. At 38 I purchased my first home and was treated very well when I called them to sign up. All my questions were answered and my concerns were explained. I have not had to file a claim but I have been told by other Liberty Home clients that the process is made very simple and easy to understand. The online access is also a great tool to have to get support etc.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Janice, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating. We are glad you chose us as your home warranty experts!

Jun. 25th, 2020

Claudia Fraser Las Vegas, NV

Here’s my shout out to Liberty Home Guard for the wonderful service I have gotten and their amazing help. It has been an super difficult moment in our lives, I've been without an income for 2 months as my business is within Geriatric Living Communities. I'm sending this review to identify Liberty as one of the great American businesses that truly care about the customers! To all your employees... stay well and thank you for all you do.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Claudia, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a great rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Leslie Butler

We filed a claim last week on our broken fridge, we’ve been quarantined up in the catskills and made the mistake of overstuffing the refrigerator. This was entirely our fault and we were honest about it to the good folks of Liberty, they paid out $500.00 towards a new $750.00 fridge which retails for $950, we paid the $250 difference. Just like that - BRAND NEW FRIDGE! Thank you for being so helpful during this difficult time!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and a high rating! We are so happy we were able to assist you during these trying times.

Jun. 5th, 2020

umapada manna Reno, NV

I had a home warranty policy. There was a leak in the plumbing. File a claim, right way they took ~$80 for it. After that, they said,plumbing is in dry wall. Cutting dry wall is not covered in you policy. Ok, I paid for it. After inspection, they said only parts is covered, labor is not covered. You have to pay for the labor. For simple leak, they were giving a quote for more than $600. Basically, I am paying for warranty, so that they can give my business to someone and I have to pay everything ! Doesn't worth !

Lorisa Loy Denver, CO

The worst company out there. I have had to make 2 claims the first one took I believe 4 days during this time I had to leave my home because I had raw sewage in every drain in my house and they didn't care. Today, I had to make a claim because my a/c went out it is currently 110 degrees - my tech sent in a diagnosis in at 10:48 am to which I have a copy proving - they lied to me the entire day and here it is past 5pm and they are closed. Every time I called I was put off and lied to. This is exactly the same thing that happened before. I have always used Old Republic and have NEVER had one problem with them I only switched because they offered a huge discount but in the end I got what I paid for. DONT GO HERE!

Ezra Dawson New York, NY

Skilled technicians who know their trade. Our entire central HVAC system was replaced within two visits and it has been working perfectly since last summer. Thanks for doing what you say you will.

Jasper Welch New York, NY

We had a problem with our lighting and the Liberty Home Guard covered the entire job. The electrician replaced a bunch of sockets and spent three hours afterwards making sure everything was wired and working properly.

Jane Chapman Chicago, IL

I have been with Liberty for almost five years and haven’t had a single issue with the quality of work or their customer service. I plan on sticking with them and recommend them to anyone considering a home warranty.

Marion Hamilton Chicago, IL

I just don’t imagine myself ever owning a home without Liberty Home Guard. They’ve replaced a bunch of appliances (and my A/C) at no additional charge and it is much more convenient to work with them than find a technician yourself.

Ella Hurst Duluth, GA

We submitted a claim on our refrigerator. Turns out the issue was quite simple and we just had to unplug our refrigerator for a reset to then let it thaw. The technician that Liberty sent us gave us some great additional advice on how to maintain our fridge and troubleshoot if there are any issues with it in the future. After letting the fridge be unplugged for a day, it was good as new.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Ella, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Tina Martinez Chicago, IL

We had a sink that was clogged up. Crazy as it sounds, within an hour of me calling in, there was a plumber at our home. Jake explained that they had someone in the area and he was going to see if he could redirect him after his job to come to our house. Super convenient and pleasant first claim experience. I hope this standard of speed and service continues on our future claims.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Tina, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Jake will be pleased to hear that he was able to properly assist you.

Shari Morton New York, NY

I am happy with their level of service on the 3 repair jobs and 4 replacement jobs Liberty Home Guard has facilitated on our properties. On our latest claim, which was for our refrigerator which just needed to get repaired, Liberty’s team had it working within 18 hours of our initial call. We will continue to recommend Liberty to all our friends. I also want to mention that Jasmine has been very supportive and helpful for 3 of these 7 claims, so I want to express my gratitude to her as well.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Shari, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Lindsay Wilkins Albuquerque, NM

I bought their one year policy and they’ve been super helpful. They made sure I understood the policy and all of the paperwork. I’ve called them countless times and they send over a professional ready to do the job quickly every single time.

Sharon Bennett Alpharetta, GA

I had a claim that was my fault, and they covered it with no problem at all! Yes, I had to pay a deductible, but they took care of paying for the repairs. Between the repairs and the labor, Liberty paid nearly $500, and I had to pay a $100 deductible.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Shannon, thank you for your kind words and the high rating!

Jun. 18th, 2020

Fernando Battle Bluefield, WV

I had a great experience from beginning to end with Liberty Home Guard. From the submitting my claim up until I got my new dishwasher. The process for even receiving a rebate on my initial purchase was super-fast. Liberty Home Guard truly is revolutionizing the way home warranty companies work. I already recommended it to a few friends!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and high rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Gervase Garrett Horn Lake, MS

I have had my home warranty coverage with multiple companies over the last 25+ years and I must say that Liberty Home has been the most reasonable cost of all of them but in addition, they really do care a lot about their customers. Greatly appreciate everything you did for me during this time.

Kylie Rogers

They managed to get my fridge fixed in no time, having this plan saved me a lot of trouble. I appreciate their willingness to work with their customers under all circumstances, Jonathan knows what I mean, thank you again to Jonathan for assisting me in getting my claim filled.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Thank you for the kind and honest feedback! We will pass your kind words to Jonathan.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Ken McLean, VA

They work with under qualified contractors, are disorganized, and will not make life easy. We have a few claims and each time their contractors were unable to accurately diagnose the problem, resulting in unnecessary charges and wasted time. We made the mistake of signing a 40 month contract and really regret it. Simply not worth the headaches.

Annie Garcia Orlando, FL

Great company, the workers were at my house for about 10 minutes, problem solved in ten minutes, awesome job.

Don P Jacksonville, FL

Liars,it is garbage they will slither around every claim you try to make and when you do get a (tech)to show up they B.S. YOU AND OVER CHARGE TO THE POINT THAT YOU COULD HAVE CALLED A LEGIT COMPANY AND PAID THEIR PRICES WHICH IS EHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO I HATE THE FACT THAT I CANT GET MY MONEY BACK THE THOUSAND I WASTED WITH THESE SCAM ARTIST I COULD PAY TO HAVE MY AC fixed the company always has a excuse why they won't cover something these reviews have to be fake STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ENJOY AGGRAVATION AND WASTING TIME FN SOBS

Joshua Stephens New York, NY

Joe was really helpful in getting my last claim processed. I told him there was a contractor in my area that I did not want coming out and he checked up on it and ensured that I would get a different technician.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Joshua, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Joe will be pleased to hear that he was able to properly assist you.

Daniel Martinez Miami, FL

Thank you Julia, for the follow-up call to ensure I was happy with the service and that my washing machine was now working well. I am always impressed by the level of customer service Liberty provides each time I file a claim. They work hard to ensure that your problems are fixed with real, not band-aid solutions.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Daniel, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Julia will be pleased to hear that she was able to properly assist you.

Clayton Smith New York, NY

I had a great experience speaking with Lorraine today. She really went above and beyond to source a service provider in my area and as a result, found one who came out to our home within just a couple of hours and he was able to fix our dryer! He was very tidy, and responsive (and overall professional).

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Clayton, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Lorraine will be pleased to hear that he was able to properly assist you.

Robert Green Shawnee, KS

We are pleased with the service we received so far. The technicians were knowledgeable and caring. They resolved our issue with the washing machine on their first visit (all said and done, within 3 days)! Special thanks to Ryan for going the extra mile to speed up the technician’s visit, and following up afterwards.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Robert, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Brandon Berrington New York, NY

I am still impressed with Liberty’s service after over almost a year of being with them. All claims have been handled on time and they always keep up to their promises of fixing covered appliances or replacing them. I am happy to continue my membership and am recommending their services to my colleagues and friends. Keep it up guys!

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Brandon, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!