Fidelity National Logo

Fidelity National

Is This Your Business?

2.4

Fidelity National is a home warranty company focused on the customer journey. As a result, it maintains consistent customer service training to ensure its staff is a great resource for inquiring customers. Fidelity National Home Warranty started up in January of 1995 as Alliance Home Warranty and was acquired by Fidelity National Financial about three years later. Fidelity boasts the financial strength and backing of its parent company, Fidelity National Financial.

Fidelity National is partnered with CRES Insurance to provide their customers a 13 month home warranty.

American Home Shield Logo
#2 American Home Shield chevron_right
3.9
OneGuard Logo
#3 OneGuard chevron_right

The Good

• Options for Homeowners and Real Estate Professionals
  • Service Plans
  • Online Service Requests
  • Coupons for Sears Appliances

Options for Homeowners and Real Estate Professionals

Fidelity National has home warranty coverage not just for homeowners, but for real estate professionals that are working on buying or selling a property. This includes coverage on multiple properties that could be in a duplex or fourplex. This is useful for sellers because homes with home warranties usually sell faster and for higher prices.

Service Plans

Fidelity National gives you the choice to customize your plan with add-on options. Here is what a standard warranty covers:

• Plumbing system
  • Instant hot water dispenser
  • Central vacuum system
  • Trash compactor
  • Garage door opener

Fidelity National also offers this optional coverage:

• Kitchen refrigerator
  • Washer/dryer
  • Air conditioning
  • Pool and spa equipment
  • Limited septic leak
  • Roof leak repair

Online Service Requests

Customers can fill out an online service request on Fidelity National's website, eliminating the need to call the company. All a customer needs to do is log in to the website using their user ID and password and fill out a short form. Many home warranty companies recieve many highly negative home warranty reviews because customers can't request service without waiting on the phone for hours on end. Home warranty features like Fidelity National's online service requests attract positive home warranty reviews.

Coupon for Sears Appliances

At the time this review was written, Fidelity National offered a coupon code to receive special pricing for Sears appliances. Sears is a leading authority on appliance sales, so those looking to purchase appliances through them will definitely find this useful. However, the products must be ordered over the phone by calling Sears Commercial.

The Bad

• Limited Geographical Operation
  • Major Appliances Not Standard
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Limited Geographical Operation

Currently, Fidelity National only operates in 13 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

Major Appliances Not Standard

Coverage for appliances like the kitchen refrigerator, washer/dryer, and air conditioning do not come standard. The customer must pay extra for each appliance on top of their standard contract if they want them covered.

Negative Customer Reviews

Many customers claim that their service requests were rejected, and others complain that they were charged a service fee when a technician couldn't help them fix a problem. Read reviews below to see what consumers are saying.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty could be a viable option not just for homeowners, but real estate professionals looking to increase the value of a property. However, potential customers must be aware that Fidelity National serves less than half of the United States. It is also discouraging that some major appliances are only made optional on most contracts. Because the company does not service as wide an audience as the best home warranty companies, home warranty reviews are more difficult to come by. We recommend that customers seek home warranty reviews from peers or take a look at other top home warranty companies in the industry.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.7

Kevin San Antonio, TX

This company is terrible. Please DO NOT sign up for their service. They never answer the phone when you try to place a service call. I have been on hold multiple times for over 30 minutes, and then get disconnected. I have called 10-15 times to get someone to service my AC. When t he service technician finally came out, he suggested replacement. Now Fidelity won’t schedule the repair, won’t answer my calls. The technician even called but can’t get anyone either. This is awful. We paid for a home warranty but it’s clear they don’t want to pay to fix anything.

Yuri Imoto Sacramento, CA

I would love to give a big fat ZERO for this company. It has been 4 months and my radiant heating system is still not fixed. After explaining multiple times about my situation, they just kept circling my request to different agent every time, until I had to be extremely firm, to express that I am angry, to actually get someone to help with the situation. I got an "ok" to move forward with an out-side vendor, however the process to get that job estimate approved was another nightmare that is still on-going after over a months. All agents are incompetent and needs the client to explain the situation every time we call in. Also the wait is around 1-2 hours until someone even answers the phone. If I knew I would have never contracted with this company. Big mistake to contract with them. These are the company that needs to go out of business. I am unsure how they are still in business with this quality, and how clients are accepting this poor operation. I have raised this to BBB too.

Sean Flanagan Modesto, CA

I've had Fidelity for several years and I've had numerous service calls. Technicians they've sent were always great and were able to fix the problem same day. AC was serviced with several issues and was up and running within an hour. Only negative I've seen is the max AC coverage is low and the amount you pay for years, doesn't seem to be in line with low HVAC or AC coverage.

Diana Auburn, WA

Home is 107 years old and purchased 10 months prior. I had questions about the warranty what was and was not covered. The customer service gentleman was very nice,. He spent about 25 minutes answering all my questions very patiently, even when I asked twice or was unsure of what my actual question was as I was confusing myself. He told me to call as often as I needed as "that is what we are here for." I had a electrical outlet not working. Placed a service request paid my $65. Next day electrical repair company called to schedule an appt. Turns out the outlet had no wires attached to it. 2 days later the company returned and rewired the outlet . Savings of $299. Few days later I placed a service request for a stove burner that would not turn off. This was the Wednesday night before a holiday weekend. I did not hear from the company the picked for 6 days. The company contacted via text (never called)with a appt date/time that was unacceptable. I called Fidelity explained that I was unhappy about the late service/appt. I only had 4 business days left before going back to work. Not only did the employee apologized for the situation, she placed me on hold, called 6 places to see who could get the job done before I had to return to work. The company was able to come out and fix the switch on the burner before I went back to work. Note however the company had to come twice as the first time they did not have the needed part. Honestly I think he was just trying to bill Fidelity for two visits. I just placed a 3rd request in 3 weeks for my dishwasher as it will not drain. I am hoping it goes as well as the first 2 service requests.

Samuel Miles Orange, CA

I have owned 10 homes in the past 60 years and had many Home owners warranties provided to me at closing. Up until now, my experience with Home Warranties regardless of the company has been very poor response and no support. All companies that I tried, with the exception of Fidelity National did everything they could to find loop holes and ways to not cover any expenses for things that went wrong in the homes that I have owned in the past. I recently purchased a 60 year old home that needed work. During our family's first shower and bath use, we found that the drains were completely clogged to the point that we could not use them. I called Fidelity National at 5pm on Monday evening to see if they could help get the drains open and by 10am the next morning a serviceman had arrived, snaked both the shower and bath drains and had that problem fixed for the modest deductible fee of $75.00 I highly recommend Fidelity National Home Warranty and will purchase an extension of the policy when it is time to renew. This company does genuinely want to support the home owners with their concerns. Excellent Service!

Wendy Las Vegas, NV

I have had Fidelity National for 2 years and have had nothing but good service. They have fixed my heating system on several occasions without additional charges. They have been pleasant on the phone and the service people have been prompt and professional.

Sandra Campbell, CA

We have had Fidelity Home Warrenty for over 5 years. We have used them several times to fix garage door, refrigerator, ac, replace hot water heater and microwave/wall oven combination. They have always sent someone out promptly and resolved all problems to our satisfaction. The warranty has not only paid for itself several times over but we are wondering why we didnt buy one sooner. The best annual $500 we ever spent. Highly recommend. They have also been prompt, courteous and easy to deal with

Elle Nevada City, CA

I had a HVAC unit that stopped cooling a month before my policy Home Fidelity ended. The policy came with a house that I purchased. First of all, every single time I needed to get in touch with Fidelity, I had to wait at least an hour to talk to somebody. The first time they sent a tech out, he recharged the unit and threw a dye pack in it to see if it had a leak. He came back three weeks later and determined that it in fact did have a leak and he told me that there was an unfixable leak and the unit needed to be replaced. I called the Heating and Air company and Fidelity once a week for for the next three weeks trying to move things along because by now we were well into July and it was just a matter of time before the unit would stop cooling again. I called the RE agent that sold me the house and was able to get the name of the person they sold the Fidelity’s policys to Real Estate agents to get somebody to facilitate the situation. Tara W was that person. So she sent out different Heating Air company to get a competitive bid for replacement of unit and she was not happy with the bid the first company submitted for the replacement of the unit. They came out and determined that there was nothing wrong with the unit, because it was cooling from the recharge it got in June. Well I guess it was a small leak, because yesterday it stopped cooling again. I called Tara W yesterday and she told me there was nothing they could do because the policy had expired, even tho the date it first started having trouble was when the policy was still in affect. So they just put me off with a temporary fix instead of replacing the unit. I have submitted a claim to the BBB. Hopefully they will help me get justice.

Rana Goodman Henderson, NV

I have been with Fidelity for 2 years. I own 5 houses and they have given me no problem getting very quick service on all but one issue. The one problem was in the house I live in and that was because the refrigerator was still under factory warranty. However they did assist me by running interference and calling the factory and making sure that the needed parts were sent to the repair company that was authorized to fix it and get the job done. They have been easy to work with and even cover central air in the contract, it is not extra.

Roger Leach Huntington, TX

We purchased a house last December 2016. We have had a few claims and Fidelity has been a great company to work with. Fast service, no hassles and a great all around company to work with. We would highly recommend Fidelity for anyone looking for a warranty company to move to and work with.

Bernie Brenner Austin, TX

Never us this company!!! I don't know how they can stay in business with such poor customer service, technicians and the amount of items they claim are "excluded." There has to be an alternative but I would say that ANY other company has to better then this one.

geoffrey mosdale Camarillo, CA

This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I had a gas leak just outside of my house by the gas meter and after a routine inspection by the gas company they shut off my gas and left us with no heated water or use of our appliances . I called the local Fidelity Rep. and she gave me the plumbing company contracted with Fidelity, When I called they said they would contact me within 24 hrs, When they did call I explained my situation and they told me they do not cover any thing associated with a water heater! I tried calling the local rep, but she was on vacation for a week and could not be reacted after trying to call Fidelity repair line I waited over two hour on hold for nothing and they never answered the phone. So after three days and no communication I called a local plumber to get my gas leak repaired. He showed up and was not able to do the gas line fix and charged me $280 .00 ! So I found another plumber who fixed the gas line and found out my water heater was leaking and it was an old heater installed in 2007. Bottom line finely the rep. came back from vacation and said she was sorry this happened for the screw up. My bill was $2300.00 for this and Fidelity would only give me $2030 00 so I am out $300.00 after being without gas for 5 days. I will never ever have anything to do with this totally incompetent company and will let everyone I know of this matter. Be aware if ever you see any Home Warranty contract with Fidelity run the other way!!!

NORTHCUTT WEST Keller, TX

Why can't I leave 0 - zero stars ? This is a company that has managed to wiggle its way out of serious class action lawsuits. I wish I had known this before we purchased this so called warranty. What happened? issue was with a refrigerator, which went bad. They have sent their technician to repair the refrigerator. After 3 visits, the technician which they hired, told Fidelity that the appliance is irreparable at that point. However, Fidelity claimed that because the ice maker is not working either, then there is an escape clause for them on which they only pay the ice maker sub parts, at a price their own choice, which amounts to nothing ! Long story short, they lied to us. We contacted the technician and he never told Fidelity that the Ice-Maker was broken, it was the entire refrigerator. All this took 2 months. My suggestion - save your money and stay away from anything that is branded Fidelity home warranty. You will get burned sooner, or later.

Kathy Duus Bradenton, FL

We've had this warranty since Jan 2018. We've had two service requests - one for our air conditioner which was handled satisfactorily. The second was for our garage door opener that continued to open by itself - definite security risk. Anyway, after requesting service request, we received a telephone message saying they had no vendors in the area and to find our own, self-pay and send them the receipt. Of course, we did that and haven't heard a word from them and it's been over 60 days. When trying to call customer service, you have to wait over 20 minutes and then the call ends abruptly. So what now?

Julie Martinez Mesa, AZ

We have had Fidelity for years on our 18 year old home. They have covered everything the contract says they do. I also refer them out to my clients and have had no negative response yet. Great value for the money. It almost always pays for itself!

mazelby Bellevue, WA

I wanted to give them zero stars but not an option. They sent over multiple plumbers but they could fix the problem and allowed me to use my own plumber. I called to get the work approved and then a month later they denied paying for it and kept my $75 service fee. HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

disgrunted Alhambra, CA

They used to be ok but now they pretend to be taking care of you by blaming the vendors not doing their part, delaying job reports, meanwhile Fidelity job reviewers keep passing on to next person without formally making a decision. Had to hire outside tech to take over job and refusing to reimburse cost.

JeffH Beverly Hills, CA

Fidelity National Home Warranty does not care about their customer. I have a dispute with a plumbing service order with the service provider. Liquid Plumbing came to repair a leaky valve under the sink. In their first service, the plumber replaced the wrong valve (the non-leaking one). So when second time the plumber came back for the same leakage repair, rather than admit he had made the mistake the first time and do it right the second time, he wants to charge the $75 service fee for doing it right the second time. We refused to pay, so plumber left. We reported this to Fidelity National, on the phone, Fidelity Nation told me per their policy, I must pay the service fee per their policy despite the fact that the Plumber is lying about the service and they have not offer any recourse for me as customer of FNHW. Furthermore, when I request for the supervisor on the service call, the service person on the phone told me her supervisor will call me back and after waiting for 48 hrs, no one has yet to call me back. Fidelity National does not care about their customer. We as customer is just a number on their book. When I inform them if this is not resolved, I can’t continue doing business with them. They essentially told me that there is nothing they can do; just short of telling me they don’t care.

Troy Kissell Fullerton, CA

Do not choose Fidelity National! I have been trying to get my washer fixed for 8 months, multiple technicians, replacing the same part to no avail. The last technician Preimier Appliance in Tustin CA is completely unprofessional and has lied to us multiple times. I filed a complaint to remove them from the job was told by Fidelity they would honor that and then Fidelity chose to back their vendor instead of their customer and told me the only option is Premier fixes my washer, or I can pay $75 more for a new technician. Absolutely the worst home warranty company I have ever worked with. Never had these issues with First American Home Warranty. I will be going back to them as soon as my contract is up with Fidelity.

Elizabeth Bird Crestline, CA

It has been approx. 3 weeks since the dishwasher stopped working in my rental and I contacted Fidelity, gave the phone # of the tenants, wanted to pay the $75, but their computers were down. They said, just pay later,they will contact me, don't worry about it. Now, I called, they haven't done anything, and said I should have paid the $75 sooner. They said they didn't send the repair company out because they didn't have the name of the dishwasher! They just now scheduled the repair to call the tenant for appt. without the name of the dishwasher. My contract expires in Feb, I believe Fidelity was waiting for it to expire. So, look at all the other reviews here, hum. I will write another review when this is settled.

Randolf San Diego, CA

Much like the others who have reviewed this company, I failed to do my research. After purchasing my home in April of this year, the power went out in one of our bathrooms sometime in the middle of the night (6 months later). At the time the power happened, nothing was turned on, plugged in and There was nothing using the power. In the morning I attempted to flip the dedicated GFCI breaker at the electrical panel and it would not turn on, it was completely fried. I placed a service request and FNHW and they sent out one of their contracted “specialists” to take a look. This was an electrical vendor who has had a long relationship of working with FNHW company (conflict of interest). It was clear that the the electrician had a pre-scripted response to the electrical issue, a “power overload” which he had said before he even opened up the panel to investigate, total scam. Despite the numerous publications and specific wording on their website that state they cover “electrical components and electrical wiring”, the warranty does not somehow cover power over loads?! What world are we living in where this is acceptable and/or legal? I think a class action lawsuit is long overdue for this company and it should be organized. They charged me another $75 for this waste of my time staying home from work. It was also a waste of my time speaking with the three “customer service professionals” who should have no business working serving customers or working in role that requires them to interact with people; prisoners are spoken to with more respect. All three “professionals” were rude, one laughed at the situation, and another hung up on me after I asked for a refund of my warranty. I will make sure anyone I l know is seeking advice on a new home warranty to stay WAY clear of this “service”.

Kelly Belton, TX

I would give a zero if I could. Our AC went out on a Monday and we called Fidelity. They sent a company on Tuesday. They stayed 10 minutes and on the invoice stated they added some Freon. Unit worked for 14 hours. Called Fidelity on Wednesday when i got home from work to an 85 degree house in TX in summer. Sent company back out Thursday. Guy says he can’t do nothing by law but we needed Freon. Was submitting report to Fidelity for a dye test. Friday around 4 after not hearing anything I call Fidelity. They want to send another company for 2nd opinion. They put a rush on it since I have 4 young kids. Guy comes at 2 on Saturday. Says it our filters and we have too much Freon. He says he fixed the problem. Leave with the kids to mall for cold air for 3 hours. Come home to an 87 degree house. Called Fidelity. Said nothing could be done till Mon-Tues due to business hours. So I called a company Saturday evening and had it fixed in 2 hours. Called Fidelity. Explained. They said Management would call me by Wed. They didn’t. Called Fidelity was told it was my problem. Requested a buy out. They said they already spent more then we paid since we renewed 28 July. I asked for the invoice on what was charged since each tech stayed 10 minutes and amount of Freon was never noted. Was told they can’t give that to me. Do NOT use them. It is a SCAM! I did have 4-5 very nice customer service reps, but also had 3 disrespectful reps. We had to use them one other time and they weren’t able to help. Go figure! Pathetic! They need to be audited on their paperwork and out of business.

Charles Kuo Temecula, CA

We have been customers for Fidelity Home Warranty for over 4 years since we bought our house. On Nov 2015, we requested service technician to repair blinking light on door opener issue and garage door opened spontaneously from time to time. The technician replaced the original wall panel unit for the repair. We were not told that replacing the wall panel unit was NOT part of the scope of warranty at the time. On Aug 2019, we experienced the same issue. However, this time the technician from a different contractor reported that the cause of malfunction was the mismatched wall unit from the initial repair. The supervisor (Zaira) refused to repair / replace the unit on the basis that they did not cover wall panel unit repair and that they are not responsible for the initial replacement of wall panel unit on 2015 because we did not report any issue with first 90 days. I believe that the attitude and response was unethical and irresponsible. Based on the latest diagnostics reported by the technician that the initial replaced unit was a mismatch - which causing our current issue. If replacing the wall unit was NOT in the scope of repair then the warranty company should take the responsibility that they did not actually fix the root cause initially and wrongfully removed the original wall unit. Now causing us suffer from the same issue WITHOUT the original part. I have been a loyal customer for over 4 years, paying the increasing fee without ant complaints. I will end my contract by the end of this term.

TONYA EVANS

MY BATHROOM WAS LEAKING AND PACTICLE PLMMER CAME OUT ASSESS THE PROBLEM FIDELITY WOULDN'T COVER MY LEAKING BATHROOM FAUCET. WANTED ME TO PAY OUT OF POCKET TO GET 2ND OPINION WHICH I DID COST ME $75 HE ASSES THE SAME PROBLEM AND WARRANT THAT IT WAS WEAR AND TEAR, AND SHOULD BE COVERED. ANOTHER FEDILTY PLUMMER CAME OUT AGAIN ASSES THE PROBLEM AND FIX THE PROBLEM THAT FIDELITY FIRST PLUMMER SAID WAS NOT FIXABLE. MY OTHER BATHROOM HAD THE SAME LEAKING PROBLEM AND FEDILTY SAID IT NOT COVER. THEY ARE A SCAM AMD WILL BE CANCELLING MY COVERAGE WITH THEM...POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY DONT WANT TO PAY TO PERFORM THE JOB . WOULD NOT RECEMMEND YOU GET THERE SERVICE .

Jon Las Vegas, NV

Horrible customer service. I understand bout everything is covered. But when it comes to home security there should be an exception. The torsion bar on my garage broke. It wasn't covered. The springs and cables are. The bar broke at 10pm when leaving for work. The door was stuck open i was able to force it halfway closed but one came was bound up and stopping it. The only way to close the door... cut the cable. But they said now i voided the warranty. When asked what they recommended next time of it happened again i was told it was my choice to leave it open and risk theft until repaired or do as i did. It was my choice but they would not be responsible for any theft or a cut cable. This is a company that does not care about their customers.

Arnon San Jose, CA

Have a warranty for two rental properties. Recently I had one claim in each - and both were REJECTED. What does it mean REJECTED? Here is one case: the tenants reported a leak under the sink. We called Fidelity. We paid $75 copay. We waited a week (!) for the plumber to schedule and visit. And finally, after looking at it, he said that the garbage disposal was leaking because a utensil was dropped in - AND THIS IS NOT COVERED because it is not "normal wear and tear"! What an amazing forensic work he did! But he did not provide us any proof to his theory. He left without fixing any thing. So not only we were stripped off $75, we also had to pay for the fix ourselves. We called Fidelity several times trying to first get the fix it (they didn't agree to) and then to get our money back - did not get a penny . Can we cancel the warranty? nope! We asked to talk with a manager - twice! The first time were put on hold and gave up after 20 minutes. The 2nd time Sela from customer service said the manger will call back and he/she never did. BAD SERVICE! Think twice before buying their "home warranty".

NANCY SCHWEIKHARD Livermore, CA

The companies or contractors they send to your home have been unreliable, make appts w/ me to come fix my washer ( claim was 1st made in FEBRUARY! THIS IS NOW JUNE 28TH!!) My washer kept getting worse until yesterday it doesnt work at all & I do laundry for 5 people in my family. For the appt today, no one came or called. I called this past Sat desperate as I have a pile of wet clothes & the washer isn't spinning. They told me the technician was out on leave until Tuesday & they had no one else to send. No one was available Monday or Tues. I had to wait until today & the business closed early when I called Fidelity for help. Btw...this is the second contractor. The 1st guy also kept assuring Fidelity that he would follow up w/ me after his 1st visit. He never did f/u or return Then after much begging Fidelity finally ageed to get me another technician from a different company. 1st visit went well but then HE did not show up on the day I had an appointment. No call, no show. I remain wia washer that works. So not going to renew with Fidelity.

Clayton Walker Boerne, TX

I called in an emergency leak that required the water to be shut off to the house. My emergency plumbing leak was repaired like crap 4 days and 25 minutes after being called in. The entire time there was no water to my house. Steve with Drain Dr. Plumbing who nitially was given the work order was a nightmare to deal with and didn’t give a care in the world about scratching doors and the wood flooring as he banged his tools around in my house. He then tried to educate me about what he was doing and then his repair wouldn’t even work. So then he started trying to figure out another way to do the repair. He also tightened a cut off valve with a pipe wrench and complete destroyed the interior parts of the valve. When I said he needed to fix it he said I needed to call it in to Fidelity National Home Warranty or they would charge me. It was his way of making more money by breaking something. Scam artist! Big time. Both companies are crap and painful to deal with. I literally felt the need to sit next to him to watch what he was doing because he was such a shady / scam artist person. DO NOT GO WITH FIDELITY NATIONAL HOME WARRANTY or ever call Steve the owner of Drain Dr. Plumbing. I typed this out while watching Steve do a crappy repair and already have a real plumber coming tomorrow at 8am.

Michelle San Juan Capistrano, CA

Fidelity completely rips you off. They send out specific contractors that make up an excuse why the problem can’t be fixed or why it is the homeowners fault that it is not working. I have had to pay out of pocket twice to fix my water heater. They also refused to fix my salt cell on my pool due to incorrect maintenance. We have a pool guy maintain our pool weekly and it’s just ten years old and failed, but they have a reason they can’t fix it. Complete waste of money. I can’t believe they can legally take people’s money like they do. And they’re customer service is incredibly rude. They won’t listen to a word you say, they just repeat, “we will not be taking further action” over and over like a robot. They don’t explain themselves. They just say that you can pay $75 to have another contractor come out for a 2nd opinion which I tried once and they made up another excuse. It’s a scheme.

yvette Canyon Country, CA

After moving into my new home with a warranty purchased on ALL appliances through Fidelity Home Warranty (not their basic warranty plan), I was expecting the warranty to cover any issues with my appliances for the first year as was promised. During the first week in my new home I noticed the oven and dryer was not working. I called Fidelity and they scheduled a technician to assess the problems and I paid the $75 fee. The technician said there was noting he could do about the dryer and said the oven needed a part ordered and he would return. I never heard from the company again until a month later when they said they closed my ticket after I didn't answer their phone calls to come repair the oven. This was a lie, they never called and just wanted to close the ticket. I called Fidelity and had them re-open the ticket and called the company back. They said they just received the email from Fidelity and would call me back to schedule a time to come fix the oven. I then received an email from Fidelity a couple days later stating my issue was resolved and the ticket was closed. I called them right away and was told by the representative that my issue was not covered by the warranty. Fidelity and All Valley Appliance are crooks. They came out right away to collect the $75 fee from me but are refusing to fix my issue when they had originally said they would. Now they are looking for any excuse to get out of fixing my oven.

sammysam Puyallup, WA

Horrible service. They state that it takes 3-5 days to process a reimbursement. I had pre-approval from Fidelity for my furnace installation. They will not give you a written approval but one of their associates left a voicemail for me so I have her recorded approval in addition to approval every time I call in. Yet, a month and a half later, they have not processed anything and there has been no movement on my file. I call in several times per week. They each tell me "I am escalating your request to my supervisor." This company is a joke.

Janis Maliga Sonoma, CA

They took our money and didn't supply good service. We were without heat two months and finally after the second month they cashed out. They should not give us a run about measurements, pictures of our furnace and leave us without heat. We were so cold. Had to use our own money and no free help from them. This is not a reputable warranty company. Warning Don't use this company......Thanks

frederic spalanzani San Jose, CA

Just cancelled my 2 contracts for my rentals properties ! The reason ? my water heater went down and needed to be replaced; Good new , the home warranty covers the cost of a new one (about $350 to $400), bad news the labor cost out of my pocket is $880 !!!! on top of the $75 service fee . Seriously, why should I pay for a home warranty coverage ? Those guys are fraud, I cancelled both contracts today - For whom it concerns , stay away from this provider !

Ell Mar Chatsworth, CA

There is always an excuse not to cover charges... I have been on calls with them for 3 months already to replace my AC/heater unit. First they couldn't find a company to do the job., while I had already found 2 contractors who agree to do the job. Then, they gave me so many different excuses to pay for expenses. Terrible company to work with. 1 star is too much for them. I wish there was 0 stars in rating.

Brian Smith

DO NOT BUY TEIR POLICY- We have had it since 2014 and for minor repairs that cost at or less then the $75.00 they are fine. We have had them out twice to service the AC for minor problems. Last month the AC finally gave out (it's the original unit so it is about 33 years old). Now that it is a major repair ($7500.00 to $15000.00) the unit is undersized and they won't replace it and have forced us to take a check for $1600.00. Just a horrible company.

Beth

We bought a new home. After moving in, we determined there was a gas leak. The energy company said to call a plumber. We called Fidelity and were told we'd have someone out ASAP as we were displaced from our home. We paid the $75 co-pay and no one showed up, ever. Finally, we got our own plumber who came out. Two days later, a plumber from Fidelity called and said he just received the assignment. They are terrible.

Elie Meniane Los Angeles, CA

DO NOT BUY POLICY AT THEM: THESE ARE THIEVES !!! They told me that unclogging my toilet was covered, and when they came to my house, they ask to call another company to remove the toilet, and after that Fidelity National Home is unclogging the toilet for the $75 service fee , then call again a company to put the toilet back in place. That's only for a toilet , what is happening for a bigger problem ????

Karla guerrero Las Vegas, NV

This is the worse home warranty company I have ever dealt with! My family had been without hot water since last Friday July 20th. Besides the fact that my property manager company was on hold for over an hour varies times they were no help! The parts for my water heater had to come out of pocket from a personal credit card from Five Star managements’ broker. It is now Friday July 27th and the plumber just fixed the water heater. A week!! That is the worse customer service ever. I hope they reimburse the brokers money in a reasonable timely manner.

Faye Lenox Dallas, TX

Fidelity National has been my residential warranty company for more than 3 years. I have called them for plumbing problems. I have been pleased with their work.

Jesse Burge Lancaster, CA

They start off sending you a statement lying to you by telling you it's a renewal of a contact that doesn't exist thinking you will just pay the statement without questioning it's validity. If that is the kind of dishonest company you want to deal with have it. For me..NEVER!

Felix Fregoso Sacramento, CA

I am not please with the customer services this company provides. Today i requested to speak to a manager and I was bounced around 3 times waiting in line for assistance. Later to find out they are no longer available and now I have to call back tomorrow morning.

Greg Jordan Spring, TX

My Upstairs AC went out 3 weeks ago, repairman came out the day we reported it but the compressor was bad, part ordered 3 weeks ago...still no compressor or ac

Corey Hare Murrieta, CA

Can I give them a 0? This is the worst company ever and they hire low rent techs like the Russians who own S.T.A.R. appliance repair. They are rude, officious, and liars. I am done with them.

Maher Murrieta, CA

Very poor customer service and very low management, don't trust Fidelity they are a joke. I'm taking them to the court. The worst of the worst companies.

Cindy Simi Valley, CA

Fidelity home warranty is a scam. My claim that my a.c wasn't cooling was denied because of the location of the unit. They couldn't even give me a reasonable lie.

Joel mish Henderson, NV

Horrible customer service and took 10 days to get a part for my air and it was 115 degress in Vegas

Ray Fairfield, CA

They do not have service providers on a Friday afternoon or weekend. Be careful when signing up. Not worth it for critical home systems

Sam

Don't waste your time and money and energy with this company. If you really care about your property and equipments stay away from them.

Jay Sacramento, CA

They charge you $75 to send someone out to check out what's wrong and why they won't cover the repair. They are a complete waste of money.....

Ken M Boulder City, NV

Worst most incompetent business I have ever delt with. Do yourself a favor stay clear.