Fidelity National Logo

Fidelity National

Is This Your Business?

2.5

LAST UPDATED: September 8th, 2022

Fidelity National is a home warranty company focused on the customer journey. As a result, it maintains consistent customer service training to ensure its staff is a great resource for inquiring customers. Fidelity National Home Warranty started up in January of 1995 as Alliance Home Warranty and was acquired by Fidelity National Financial about three years later. Fidelity boasts the financial strength and backing of its parent company, Fidelity National Financial.

Fidelity National is partnered with CRES Insurance to provide their customers a 13 month home warranty.

The Good

• Options for Homeowners and Real Estate Professionals
  • Service Plans
  • Online Service Requests
  • Coupons for Sears Appliances

Options for Homeowners and Real Estate Professionals

Fidelity National has home warranty coverage not just for homeowners, but for real estate professionals that are working on buying or selling a property. This includes coverage on multiple properties that could be in a duplex or fourplex. This is useful for sellers because homes with home warranties usually sell faster and for higher prices.

Service Plans

Fidelity National gives you the choice to customize your plan with add-on options. Here is what a standard warranty covers:

• Plumbing system
  • Instant hot water dispenser
  • Central vacuum system
  • Trash compactor
  • Garage door opener

Fidelity National also offers this optional coverage:

• Kitchen refrigerator
  • Washer/dryer
  • Air conditioning
  • Pool and spa equipment
  • Limited septic leak
  • Roof leak repair

Online Service Requests

Customers can fill out an online service request on Fidelity National's website, eliminating the need to call the company. All a customer needs to do is log in to the website using their user ID and password and fill out a short form. Many home warranty companies recieve many highly negative home warranty reviews because customers can't request service without waiting on the phone for hours on end. Home warranty features like Fidelity National's online service requests attract positive home warranty reviews.

Coupon for Sears Appliances

At the time this review was written, Fidelity National offered a coupon code to receive special pricing for Sears appliances. Sears is a leading authority on appliance sales, so those looking to purchase appliances through them will definitely find this useful. However, the products must be ordered over the phone by calling Sears Commercial.

The Bad

• Limited Geographical Operation
  • Major Appliances Not Standard
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Limited Geographical Operation

Currently, Fidelity National only operates in 13 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

Major Appliances Not Standard

Coverage for appliances like the kitchen refrigerator, washer/dryer, and air conditioning do not come standard. The customer must pay extra for each appliance on top of their standard contract if they want them covered.

Negative Customer Reviews

Many customers claim that their service requests were rejected, and others complain that they were charged a service fee when a technician couldn't help them fix a problem. Read reviews below to see what consumers are saying.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty could be a viable option not just for homeowners, but real estate professionals looking to increase the value of a property. However, potential customers must be aware that Fidelity National serves less than half of the United States. It is also discouraging that some major appliances are only made optional on most contracts. Because the company does not service as wide an audience as the best home warranty companies, home warranty reviews are more difficult to come by. We recommend that customers seek home warranty reviews from peers or take a look at other top home warranty companies in the industry.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.5

B Lecher Peoria, AZ

Put in 3 separate service requests for my A/C over the last year. They will not allow you to use your own technician. Each time they sent out a different company. All 3 technicians were worthless and did nothing to fix my system. But, they collect their service fee either way. I live in AZ and it always took a minimum of 2 weeks to get any response. Customer service is garbage. They go off what the tech says and nothing else. The last one they sent out didn't look at my ducts, didn't test anything, and didn't even open my unit to look at it. But, he said it was working fine. Do not ise this warranty company. They will be glad to take your money and send out garbage techs that are in their pocket.

Kathleen Hillner Dallas, TX

Well, this is an AC saga, to say the least. This started three weeks ago when our AC went out. This was the 4th time this year that we have had to put in a claim with FNHW. The very first time the AC tech told FNHW that we needed the condenser and coil replaced. They only replaced the coil, which is what led to the other 3 claims. On this 4th one, it has been horrible. They are not contacting me, I have had to call them every business day to get an answer in the past they sent emails but up until today (which it has been 3 weeks already), they have not emailed me. They read off off their script which begins with "I'm sorry for the inconvenience..." and then proceed to tell me something that was most of the time incorrect. However each time it takes 3-5 business days for them to send out a contractor, 3-5 business days to have the authorization department look at it, and 3-5 business days for it to be approved and sent out to the purchasing department. The above process has taken 3 weeks. Now that the part has been purchased there is a 15-business-day delay (Which is a fancy way to say another 3 weeks). Now I can understand that they have no control over the manufacturer not having the parts and for them shipping slow, but then why does the first process have to take 3 weeks (this was after being told that they were expediting claims for texas residents due to the heat). This is ridiculous making customers have to wait in unlivable conditions. Our house was 105 degrees and they wouldn't provide an alternative living situation or expedite the service. I also learned with one of the previous times they ordered a part and it was going to take 15 business days, that they didn't even order the part as they should have, and then it took another delay. So I'm not hopeful as I wait around again for them to get in the part. This whole thing has been a mess of misinformation, long hold times, and frustration about how slow the process is. I am convinced they do this so that way the customer takes matters into their own hands and pays for and replaces it themselves. The reason I give 2 stars instead of 1 is that they at least finally approved for the condenser unit to be replaced outside.

tess2013 Gig Harbor, WA

I had a plumbing blockage that backed up my toilet into my tub and sinks. Emergency situation. I called them and paid $75. Was told they didn't have anyone in my area and to use my own plumber and submit a claim. Plumber cleared blockage for $385. Fidelity told me it wasn't covered. A month later, same problem. Plumber came out and looked deeper. Found a crushed pipe causing the blockage and backup. I only have one toilet in my house so getting it fixed is of the essence. I called Fidelity again. Explained the situation. They asked for $75 and told me they'd look for someone in my area. I explained to them to check their previous notes, there are no plumbers in my area. They told me the previous claim was denied. Sigh. I explained that was irrelevant to whether there would be a plumber in my area, that I already had an estimate, knew what the issue was, and needed it fixed ASAP. They told me they'd submit a claim and the adjuster would contact me in 24-48 hours. Again, ONE TOILET IN THE HOUSE BACKING UP DIRTY WATER INTO MY TUB AND SINKS. These people are useless. I've spent almost $1000 getting the broken pipe unblocked, which isn't covered, because these people cannot just get the GD problem fixed. SAVE YOUR MONEY. I'm now having my homeowner's insurance fight it out with Fidelity.

Kevin Howard Dallas, TX

ZERO STARS!!! Previously I would have recommended FNHW as I have been with them for about 5 years. However, I strongly recommend NOT going this route now based on my recent experiences with the repair of my dishwasher and a soon to follow, clogged kitchen sink. 1st the dishwasher. FNHW sent an appliance repair company whose technician pushed a combination of buttons and reset the dishwasher, then left. 23 minutes into the wash cycle, the unit stopped working again. When called, he had my wife pushing buttons and pulling plugs to reset the machine again but 23 minutes in again, unsuccessful. We waited for another appointment the following week. This time he thought it might be a heating element. So now we waited for him to get the part and replace that. Again, not fixed. Now he recommends replacing the machine but FNHW has him take out the circuit board and send it away for over a week to be rebuilt. Then we wait for him to set an appointment to install it. All the while, my wife and I are washing dishes by hand. Once installed, it works for about a month and now we are buying a new dishwasher anyway. During that month, we couldn't use it because the kitchen sink was backing up and we didn't want it to flood our kitchen. Which brings me to the "last straw" part of the story and why I'm just buying a new dishwasher instead of having to deal with FNHW any further. Now the clog. Our kitchen sink started to back up on both sides in the time it took for the hot water to travel from the water heater to the sink, probably about 30' or so, of pipe. FNHW sent a plumber to snake the drain. He spent about half an hour snaking the drain with a drill-driven, handheld 25' snake. After a single attempt, the plumber stated that he could not clear the drain from under the sink and would need to snake it from the roof by way of the vent-pipe. This would have to be approved by FNHW. Meanwhile, my wife is having to wash the dishes that have accumulated in the dishwasher, in the bathtub and we are eating meals on paper plates. FNHW sent me a denial by email and instructed me that I would be required to have a licensed/certified plumber make the aforementioned repairs in order to have my warranty reinstated at my own expense. I followed these instructions and called a plumber to fix the clog. This plumber spent about 45 minutes snaking the drain from under the sink just as the previous plumber had done except that instead of using the drain access plug, he popped the p-trap off, maybe 18" away from the access plug, and went straight through the drain-pipe. He also worked the snake back and forth a few times once he reached the clog. Clog gone. Whereas the first plumber pushed the snake in once and then withdrew it. Now I call FNHW and explain what has just happened. The FNHW "agent", ( I'm not sure what their title is), puts a manager on the phone for me to explain the situation to. This manager says that the agent who sent the denial was not supposed to have sent it but rather a second opinion should have been the following step and that she will look into it and get back to me that same day. Guess what? No call from them that day, nor the next day, nor the following day. I call back. Wait in line for an hour and explain again. They can't put a manager on because NOW it's apparently not their proper procedure to connect me with a manager. So they will put in a request for a manager to call me. Days later, I call back because no one has called me. I explain again and they put in another request for a callback. Days pass. I call back and wait on hold for an hour, explain again. I'm told again how sorry they are for my inconvenience and that they will put me on a brief hold while they look into it. 10 minutes later, I am "disconnected." Funny that they have verified my identity by my phone number, email, etc. but can't call me back when disconnected while they have me on hold. I call again and wait again and and explain again to another person who puts in a request for someone to call me back. Lost count of how many times I've repeated this process by this point. Finally someone calls me while I'm in a store paying for fuel. Call is missed as a result. No voice-mail. No redial. 15 seconds of effort and their conscience is clear. I call back. Again request a call back. Several days later I receive a call. Manager informs me that the contract doesn't cover the plumber fixing the clog if he has to "access" the drain-pipe by removing the p-trap. So I'm out $165 because a plumber had to remove a screwed-on plastic p-trap under the kitchen sink to snake the drain-pipe. That's a load of you know what. Enough to clog a sewer pipe. In summary, I had nothing but good things to say about FNHW over the last 5 years, BUT, no longer. They will apparently send the cheapest, most desperate for work (likely because they lack experience or integrity or professionalism and sometimes just simple common manners) service that will take their calls. I say this in part because out of all the repair companies in our region, we got the same company that fixed our AC the year before as our appliance repair company. Down to the same rude, son of the company's owner. (Treats you like he's doing you a favor by even showing up anywhere near the 4 hour window you were given. And you can take it or leave it.) What happened to treating customers fairly and respectfully? I guess that's not how to be successful in providing a service anymore. Just an insincere apology and a ridiculous excuse is apparently sufficient. What do they care. Plenty of fish in the sea whose money to take. P.S. I don't know if it will show up when I post this, but I did not select the word "Amazing!" that is in a little green button in the bottom right corner of this comment box. That is NOT how I would express it.

Lisa King Davis Baton Rouge, LA

We had a contract for a while with Fidelity. The were easy to work with. We had a claim where our back carport was sinking. The sent out a company that fixed it and did a good job. The only problem is that it to fidelity a while to send out an adjuster.

Gottarun Dallas, TX

I have used Fidelity Nat’l 4 times since 2021. I personally had great service from them and the contractors they hired. I needed the touchpad on my microwave replaced and replaced the broken door as well; the contractor contacted me that day. My locks were rekeyed within a day, And my plumbing problems were taken care of immediately. The process was easy for me; followed the instructions for filing and claims. I would recommend them.

GALINA Bakersfield, CA

Horrible experience! Absolutely worst company ever!!! We paced order for plumbing stoppage and garbage disposaal stop working, they charged $75.00 service fee and promised that plumbing company will contact us in 24 hrs. Nobody contact us 24 hrs later, nobody contacted us a week later. In 2 weeks plumbing guy show up without in the morning, callind or texting or asking if we are home... We had to change all our plans for the day to let him in and do the job. After 15-20 min he told that garbage disposal needs replacement and water stoppage and backing up needs to be cleaned, but thy need Fidelity authorization to do the job, even it is in contract , that thos issues covered. Ok, no problem, we will wait. He said that they will see us next day. it was in mid of April 2022, now is August 2022 and job is not done, nobody call us with results ot what are we waiting for, or to schedule app with us, when we can be home, nothing. when i called Fidelity customer service about this issue about month ago, they promissed to contact that plumbing company and find out what is going on. Also told me to call plumbers my self. But plumbers don't pick up the phone on me, also i am paying for job to be done to Fiderlity and they are the one, who took my money. This is the only call we placed for all this year, payd $700 for this insurane and they can't even solve that one problem with plumbing. i guess we have to go throught small claims court to solve my plumbing problem. Horrible, extremely horrible company. Don't ever by this warranty. 2 yrs ago they were fixing my AC for 2 months in mid suimmer in July, when at this time in Bakersfield CA temperature is 102F-108fr. i was praying to stay a life that time, that's how my experience with Fidelity is. WARNING! Keep out OF THEM!

Rick Kingwood, TX

Our heater went out in Feb. very cold month here in ne Texas. I called Fidelity and explained the problem, paid the $75.00 service fee and was told someone would be calling to setup a time and date to come out and trouble shoot the problem. 2 days later we get a call from a local company stating that they would be out the next day. That's 3 days already with no heat. They take a look at it and say it will need to be replaced since it is so old, great I say, what kind of time frame are we looking at? Got to submit info to Fidelity to get permission to go ahead and order the unit, maybe a week tops...One week later I call the repair company and ask what was going on, they state they were waiting for Fidelity to approve the repair, so I call Fidelity, they tell me they have not heard from the repair company, I'm still calm, cold but calm...I call the company back again and this time I'm told they got the work order mixed up with another one and just sent the info to Fidelity and to wait a day or so for Fidelity to get back to them. So I waited 3 days and called back, again no contact from Fidelity, another call to Fidelity and a long hold time I'm told they still need more info from the repair company. I call the repair company again and they are closed till Monday, this is Thursday afternoon. We had to go buy two space heaters to keep the bedrooms warm at night, temps in the 20's at night. Monday we get a call from the repair company to come out the next day, thinking we were getting our heater we said yes of course. They show up to take measurements and rip out the old heater, asked again how much longer? Maybe a week or less...one month later still no heater, it's now been 1 1/2 months...the repairmen have been out 3 times altogether, they even wanted me to cut a hole in my wall to make the install easier for them, can we say NO... Finally I get a call from Fidelity saying that the repair has been approved, but we would have a $635.00 out of pocket cost to get the replacement heater, I freaked out, what the hell was I paying for every month? We finally got our heater 1week later. We got our renewal papers in the mail yesterday, and the cost of coverage went up by $200.00, I already have another company setup. Thank you Fidelity for taking us over the coals.

Joe O'Connell Hoffman Estates, IL

They made it painless and easy to redeem and helped us take care of everything. Sara was amazing and friendly and answered all our questions and walked us through the process.

M B Boerne, TX

Been a customer for four years. First three years (even through the height of COVID) they were fairly responsive. Two most recent claims though have seen delays and disconnects between the approval department and purchasing. Most recent is still ongoing with Fidelity still sitting on our claim (over five weeks now) after telling us it would be 15 business days (it has been 26 business days). Our customer service rep has been spotty in responding to queries about status and on more than on occasion has said they would contact us the same day but does not. This can't be blamed on COVID or supply chain as Fidelity has not even purchased/ordered the parts for my issue. No explanation for the delay has been forthcoming.

Ven & Nancy Perez San Antonio, TX

AWFUL this place is a scam! I have waited months for repairs and have not been given my refund. Paid the service fee two separate times on two separate service calls that could not be completed by vendor. I was not given my money back. 100 mile radius only had one pool company that would work with them. I should have known this was a bad company. Buyer beware

Pat Bertling Houston, TX

We have been waiting since April to get something done to our microwave. Have spent hours on the phone waiting to talk to someone having been cut off more than once then have to start over. Finally yesterday after waiting and recalling for 3 hours, I was told they were ordering us a new microwave, then we received 2 options to choose from. Problem is both options when chosen say they are no longer an option. Back to square one. It’s just been 3 months without a properly working microwave. I would give them 0 stars.

Jon Scottsdale, AZ

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. This fraud of a company takes money for home warranty and then doesn't fulfill their scope of work in the agreement and actually breach it in multiple ways. My realtor was nice enough to purchase a home warranty for me after closing on my new house. During the winter, my furnace went out and contacted the home warranty company. They eventually sent two different companies out two different times and I got the same answer from the workers: The system needs to be updated or you won't get much heat out of it. Do you think Fidelity National Home Warranty contacted me back with an update or any news from the report? Absolutely not. I had to put another work order in and spend more money on "techs" to come take a look at it to get the same answer. I had to use space heaters all winter long as they never returned my calls or gave me an update. Now.... It's currently summer in Scottsdale, AZ and gets up to 120 degrees. My AC went out about a month ago. They send a tech out and guess who it was? The same company and technician that came out for the furnace and he was in utter shock that they hadn't replaced my system or even contacted me back. My house won't go below 80 degrees some days and I work from home which means it is inhabitable to live in during temperatures like that. This has now interfered with my business and personal health. I have my attorneys taking care of this fraud of a company for breach of contract amongst many other things that were brought to my attention but I leave this review here for those of you that haven't stood up to this company or can't afford to seek legal counsel. Something needs to be done about this company because it is not okay to let people freeze to death during the winter or hit severe overheating or exhaustion due to not upholding a home warranty contract.

Samuel Miles Orange, CA

I have owned 10 homes in the past 60 years and had many Home owners warranties provided to me at closing. Up until now, my experience with Home Warranties regardless of the company has been very poor response and no support. All companies that I tried, with the exception of Fidelity National did everything they could to find loop holes and ways to not cover any expenses for things that went wrong in the homes that I have owned in the past. I recently purchased a 60 year old home that needed work. During our family's first shower and bath use, we found that the drains were completely clogged to the point that we could not use them. I called Fidelity National at 5pm on Monday evening to see if they could help get the drains open and by 10am the next morning a serviceman had arrived, snaked both the shower and bath drains and had that problem fixed for the modest deductible fee of $75.00 I highly recommend Fidelity National Home Warranty and will purchase an extension of the policy when it is time to renew. This company does genuinely want to support the home owners with their concerns. Excellent Service!

Patty Kraft Ingleside, TX

Horrible, horrible service!!! I reported my dryer out and I'm in Texas and I get a text saying they've dispatched someone to work on my refrigerator in Arizona. Bunch of idiots! I paid $75 service fee to have garage door opener fixed. Idiot Garage Door Pros (joke) came out and said he couldn't work on it because a part was missing (safety eye). Hullo! That's why you're there! Then Fidelity would not give me my money back because the jerk showed up! Wow! Must be nice to get paid just to show up and do NOTHING! This company is a rip off!

Joe Gardena, CA

Short version: -Fidelity sent out an unlicensed contractor -they charged me for extra equipment that they didn't install -because of parts that they left out from the HVAC installation, there's poisonous and explosive sewer gases and carbon monoxide coming into my air ducts and into my house -over a month later, despite all my calls and emails, it hasn't been fixed -after a month of trying to get them to address this, Fidelity is now refusing to fix the problem I certainly wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else.

ken San Diego, CA

this is not an insurance it is a scam they will charge you money for insurance then they will never provide service and give you the run around for many weeks and you will be without a functioning appliance. their phone services are pathetic they complain of things like “my computer is not working” numerous times and basicslly give you the run around. consumer please beware

Kristen Freeland Citrus Heights, CA

This is by far the worst company my Husband and I have ever communicated with. We purchased our house 5 months ago, A/C unit passed inspection.. but when we first used it (5 months later in summer) we noticed it was not producing cool air. We called Fidelity to bring a HVAC tech out, paid the 75$ fee (whatever, worth it if it's covered). Tech diagnosis is as dead. A refrigerated coil leak, irreplaceable. My husband finally gets ahold of Fidelity to move forward (after being told we can't contact until 24 hours after diagnosis). He gets ahold of a lady named Ashley M., she continues to tell my husband that we are in need of a compressor for the unit and we need to contact the A/C name brand company to order one. Fidelity will cover the labor, blah blah blah. Here's the thing, we did NOT purchase this A/C, it came with the house (that passed inspection) AND the technician said the issue is the condensed coil. This specific agent continued to bring attitude to the conversation, even asking my husband what his credit score was!! I then call back the next day to try and smooth things out, the 2 separate customer service agents (separate calls, btw due to disconnections on their end) were very understanding of the situation. It was then when they transferred me to a department to dig deeper in our situation. after waiting nearly 45 mins both times, I finally reach a representative. The first one sounded like he was at a party. He could hear me for the first 2 mins and all of the sudden he could not hear me anymore and hung up. The second representative just plain hung up on me. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY. We are currently reporting them the the Better Business Borough. What a scam !!!!

Vivianna Medrano TX

A/C went out. 30 minute wait. I was on the phone and explained the problem after verifying my information. Customer service rep stated he was having issues with his computer and stated he would call me back in 10 minutes. After 30 minutes I called back and had to go through the whole process again. The female rep then stated “give me a few seconds to look at notes”. After 2 minutes of silence, I kept saying hello and no answer. So I had to call again for the third time and once again I had to explain the whole process. This rep stated he could see the notes but couldn’t do anything until the other rep released or emailed him the account. So after 1 1/2 hours on the phone, I finally got a work order but the company they contacted was already closed. Very poor customer service. Will be looking for another company.

Diana Auburn, WA

Home is 107 years old and purchased 10 months prior. I had questions about the warranty what was and was not covered. The customer service gentleman was very nice,. He spent about 25 minutes answering all my questions very patiently, even when I asked twice or was unsure of what my actual question was as I was confusing myself. He told me to call as often as I needed as "that is what we are here for." I had a electrical outlet not working. Placed a service request paid my $65. Next day electrical repair company called to schedule an appt. Turns out the outlet had no wires attached to it. 2 days later the company returned and rewired the outlet . Savings of $299. Few days later I placed a service request for a stove burner that would not turn off. This was the Wednesday night before a holiday weekend. I did not hear from the company the picked for 6 days. The company contacted via text (never called)with a appt date/time that was unacceptable. I called Fidelity explained that I was unhappy about the late service/appt. I only had 4 business days left before going back to work. Not only did the employee apologized for the situation, she placed me on hold, called 6 places to see who could get the job done before I had to return to work. The company was able to come out and fix the switch on the burner before I went back to work. Note however the company had to come twice as the first time they did not have the needed part. Honestly I think he was just trying to bill Fidelity for two visits. I just placed a 3rd request in 3 weeks for my dishwasher as it will not drain. I am hoping it goes as well as the first 2 service requests.

Sandra Campbell, CA

We have had Fidelity Home Warrenty for over 5 years. We have used them several times to fix garage door, refrigerator, ac, replace hot water heater and microwave/wall oven combination. They have always sent someone out promptly and resolved all problems to our satisfaction. The warranty has not only paid for itself several times over but we are wondering why we didnt buy one sooner. The best annual $500 we ever spent. Highly recommend. They have also been prompt, courteous and easy to deal with

A A Los Angeles, CA

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST. This company is a JOKE. Over ONE hour on the phone, to end in Philippine where the agent was reading in a broken English a script. USELESS and AVOID. Look for better companies such American Shield. This was a "gift" from our Real estate broker.

Lauren Hodges

Unethical!!! Horrible customer service. They give you the run around, making repairs dificult so they can collect multiple service fees. I will be changing providers when my contract is up.... save yourself a lot of stress find another company

Maxim Vladimirovich Canyon Country, CA

If you don't want to lose money - never contact Fidelity National Home Warranty! I paid them the annual fee, I just had a water leak in the bathroom faucet. I paid them another $75 to call a plumber and they refused to fix me! Although she only needed to replace the cartridge. They will take money from you, then they will take money for the call and most likely they will find a reason to refuse repair

Peter Los Angeles, CA

Home warranties are an absolute scam. Fidelity just lies to you to get you off the phone. They said the technician wrote a report stating the repair that needed to be done was pre-existing but i've already spoken to the technician and he confirmed they were lying. I then 3 way them and have the technician confirm they did not state it was a pre-existing issue and they just make up other excuses to not cover the repair. Total scam. Avoid at all costs. Any good review is clearly fake

Clara L El Paso, TX

This company doesn't care about their customer. I called them on Tuesday for my heater wasn't working. They set me with a vendor, their technician didn't show up till the next day (Wednesday). He assessed the situation and then informed us that they were out of stock on the part he needed so he had to order it. He informed us he might get it Thursday or Friday. So followed up with the vendor on Thursday and Friday. Mind you, it was snowing on Friday when I was on the phone with the vendor! The vendor, unfortunately, told me that they didn't get the part and I have to wait till Monday! So, I called Fidelity and informed them of the situation, the guy I talked to was nice and concerned, he said he will look into it. The next day rolled in (Saturday), I still haven't heard anything from Fidelity. So I called them again and a lady who's in need of a major customer service class told me that there's nothing they can do. They cannot assign me to a different vendor if the current vendor I was assigned is in the middle of ordering a part. Now here is where I don't understand. The vendor billed Fidelity for the service their tech did when he came out. (This is from the tech's mouth when he handed my husband the invoice to sign). Fidelity does not get billed for the part until the part is received/installed. So why not get me a different vendor that has the part and they can install it today! The last time I checked my checkbook, I'm Fidelity's customer. They should look out for me not the vendor. Ugh! So today is the fourth day that my family and I had gone without a heater and it's freezing cold in my house.

Erik Lindholm Arvada, CO

Horrible, horrible customer service! I would give a zero if I could. Our furnace went out in early Jan. It was extremely cold outside. Called Fidelity and was told they would send someone out. 2 days later and I was calling them back because no one had shown up. Single digit temps! Had to have my kids stay with their grandparents. Finally got ahold of them and was told that they couldn't find a technician. Might have been nice if they callled and kept me in the loop! It was then determined that our situation was an "emergency" and we had permission to find our own tech. We did. Had the company come out and draw up an estimate. Got ahold of Fidelity again while the tech was here and after a little back and forth, Fidelity decided that fixing it would be more expensive than a replacement (parts on a 20 y/o furnace would be very difficult to find). HVAC company gave us an estimate for a new furnace, which I thought was a little high. Got a second opinion and moved forward with the second company. New furnace! Wrote the check as instructed, filled out Fidelity's paperwork, and submitted. Didn't hear anything back for over a week. I finallly called them again and was told that they were going to give me 1/3 of what I had paid! What?! This isn't a warrenty, it's a scam. Submitted more clarifying paperwork (as requested) and asked to speak to a Manager. Almost 2 weeks have now gone by and still no call back. Hold times suck, but I will back on the phone tomorrow. :(

Sean Flanagan Modesto, CA

I've had Fidelity for several years and I've had numerous service calls. Technicians they've sent were always great and were able to fix the problem same day. AC was serviced with several issues and was up and running within an hour. Only negative I've seen is the max AC coverage is low and the amount you pay for years, doesn't seem to be in line with low HVAC or AC coverage.

Rana Goodman Henderson, NV

I have been with Fidelity for 2 years. I own 5 houses and they have given me no problem getting very quick service on all but one issue. The one problem was in the house I live in and that was because the refrigerator was still under factory warranty. However they did assist me by running interference and calling the factory and making sure that the needed parts were sent to the repair company that was authorized to fix it and get the job done. They have been easy to work with and even cover central air in the contract, it is not extra.

Roger Leach Huntington, TX

We purchased a house last December 2016. We have had a few claims and Fidelity has been a great company to work with. Fast service, no hassles and a great all around company to work with. We would highly recommend Fidelity for anyone looking for a warranty company to move to and work with.

Gretta Yeager Houston, TX

It is extremely difficult to get in contact. Unable to make an online request because of an open service request. Phone calls are not returned or terminated before issue is resolve. AC quit working today. Emergency choice is a loop back to main menu.

Carlos Tafoya Sunland Park, NM

I would leave 0 stars if I could. Their process for filing claims is incredibly opaque. That combined with the fact it is incredibly difficult to communicate with them has left me paying the full amount for work on my home not once but several times. Their phones don’t work and you are left to fend for yourself. Waste of money. Use a different company for home warranty.

Mariana El Paso, TX

Terrible home warranty, not recommended at all!! Waiting times to speak to somebody about a existing service order/follow up are incredibly ridiculously. I have been without my refrigerator for almost a month!! I have children so this has been a horrible experience having to use a cooler to keep basic daily things available for my family while we wait for a resolution from Fidelity. Refrigiator Technician already told me there’s nothing anyone could do to repair it after changing all the parts necessary and nothing and Fidelity response to me is to be comprehensive and patient because the timing of the holidays and about the process time (15days more) to get a resolution to replace my refrigerator. With this experience I can definitely assure you they don’t care about your problem and the struggle you have to go thru when a major component of your household stops working so the idea of paying a lot of money each year for a home warranty like this one to have a “peace of mind” is worthless, based on my experience that is now my conclusion! Do a good research and read customer reviews before buying a home warranty!

Robin Thomas La Quinta, CA

We have had a refrigerator/freezer that has not worked since March Of 2021 and as of today I have yet to have this company fix it! They have sent 5 different people to look at it and ex Ach on has said there are NO parts available to repair it and it would cost more than a top of the line to replace it. Today I was on hold for almost 3 hours to only be connected to another person telling me they are doing another part search! I have the report from A&E Factory Servies that states the parts are not available in my hot hand. Who can I go to to file a complaint or move this above the 1st line of defense??? Please help me I miss my ICE CREAM!! PS they even tried to sell us another policy and we told them when they fixed the refrigerator we word happily sign up. Crickets…….

Heather Ferguson Bryan, TX

I am currently still waiting for a toilet to be fixed that I first reported back in April. It's July. We have been with Fidelity since we bought the house in 2018. I have stayed just for the safety net of having the home warranty when big things break but it is so frustrating getting anything approved in a timely manner. They are quick to send a service provider out, but super super slow to approve the service recommendation. In all our time with Fidelity I have not ONCE not had to call to get them to do the approval-and each time I have waited a couple of weeks before chasing them down. There is no email or chat option for communication, only the phone. When I do call, I am on hold for about an hour, sometimes more-not exaggerating, so I literally have to carve out time to call. The only reason Fidelity got more than one star from me is because when I finally do get to talk to someone, they are amazing, looking up our problem, seeing how long we have been waiting and push through the approval. But it is so agonizing to go through this process EVERY TIME. I would NOT recommend Fidelity to anyone. At this point I just feel like we are stuck with them.

Wendy Las Vegas, NV

I have had Fidelity National for 2 years and have had nothing but good service. They have fixed my heating system on several occasions without additional charges. They have been pleasant on the phone and the service people have been prompt and professional.

Kathy Duus Bradenton, FL

We've had this warranty since Jan 2018. We've had two service requests - one for our air conditioner which was handled satisfactorily. The second was for our garage door opener that continued to open by itself - definite security risk. Anyway, after requesting service request, we received a telephone message saying they had no vendors in the area and to find our own, self-pay and send them the receipt. Of course, we did that and haven't heard a word from them and it's been over 60 days. When trying to call customer service, you have to wait over 20 minutes and then the call ends abruptly. So what now?

Mary Kate F Simpsonville, SC

I have to say, I used to be impressed with Fidelity National’s home warranty coverage, however, recently, their services seem to have taken a turn. Having previously appreciated the level of protection that Fidelity put forth, truly giving you peace of mind, Fidelity’s agents and services have recently prompted me to now give them an unsatisfactory 2 stars. Am I the only one who seems to think that Fidelity is stringing us along with their seemingly pointless and never ending customer request calls, inactivity when issues arise, and shockingly poor customer service?! Please heed this warning and many others when I say that there are definitely better home warranty companies out there that actually have your and your home’s interests at heart!

Julie Martinez Mesa, AZ

We have had Fidelity for years on our 18 year old home. They have covered everything the contract says they do. I also refer them out to my clients and have had no negative response yet. Great value for the money. It almost always pays for itself!

Brittany Newport News, VA

Company is the worst with doing what needs to be done constantly got excuses could never get a hold of customer service and then when I finally got in contact I always go the run around nothing was ever done

Olivette Whipple Arlington, TX

Horrible customer service! Now their warranty service 800 number doesn’t work! Tried their sales number and it doesn’t work either! We cannot reach anyone. We have waited for several days to get “approval” for a Air conditioning compressor problem. Very frustrating. We paid $700 for annual coverage and now worried they’ve gone “out of business”. Don’t sign up with this company!!! Terrible!

Bill Gundy Redding, CA

On September 16, 2021, the air conditioner went out in my rental. I was particularly concerned because the tenant is an elderly woman, and we live in a very warm climate with temperatures near 100 degrees. I filed a claim with Fidelity National Home Warranty on-line, and paid the $75.00 service fee at that time. On September 20, a local vendor diagnosed the problem as a blown compressor. Then, the nightmare began. After hearing nothing for a few days, I contacted the vendor. He told me he submitted his diagnostic report to FNHW on September 21 and had not received authorization to replace the blown compressor. I then called “customer service” at FNHW. After being disconnected several times, navigating through countless recorded instructions, then being placed on hold for over half an hour, I was finally able to talk to “Gabriella” at Fidelity National. I explained my emergency situation, and she said it takes 2 days to approve the repair (it had already been 3 days.). That was 14 days, and numerous calls, ago – each with the same obstacle course required to reach anyone. And the claim, which is very clearly covered by the policy, has still not been approved. I have attempted to contact the company 9 times, but have only been able to reach a real person 5 times. Wait times have exceeded an hour and, two times, I was disconnected mid-sentence. On both occasions the person to whom I spoke had my phone number but did not call me back. Each “customer service” person has had a very heavy Hispanic accent, and are difficult to understand, but it is apparent that they all have the same script. Basically, it is “I am so sorry for your inconvenience, but we have to wait until the “Approval Department,” approves your claim.” When I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, the “customer service” rep says they are not available at the moment, but that they would call me back. Nobody has ever called me back. If Fidelity National Home Warranty is actually functioning as a legitimate business, it is the most poorly run organization I have ever encountered. But I don’t believe even the most incompetent company could consistently display the level of total ineptitude and outright indifference I have witnessed. Instead, I believe that they have purposefully adopted a business model designed to avoid paying legitimate claims by frustrating claimants to the point that they decide to pay for their own repairs.

michelle kosmosky Fresno, CA

Ac went out late night June 3/21. Called on June 4th and was told I couldn't get a tech out until the 11th. Tech showed up on time, worked really hard to get the AC going, but no luck. Tech said he would be putting a request in for a part the following Monday or Tuesday (June 14/15). Called the AC company that Fidelity works with today (June 28) and was told there is still a hold up on Fidelity's end and that it MIGHT not even be approved. It is now 1 day shy of 4 weeks sine the AC went out. Home warranties are bought so this DOESN"T happen. And no, this isn't the first issue with them...

ExStock Big Sandy, TX

This company has TERRIBLE customer service, and refuses to live up to their contract. I had a plumbing emergency, involving a leaking water heater. I called them within 5 minutes of discovering the leak; they told me they were labeling it an emergency, and that they'd set up the service call. TWO DAYS later, they call and tell me that they have no available plumbers, so I should find my own. I do, and call them out to diagnose the problem, then call the authorization line as instructed. I'm on hold so long that the plumbers give up and go away. When I finally do get ahold of the authorization dept, many hours later, I'm given a list of of info they need from the plumber. I contact the plumbers; they provide the information and I submit it. I'm then told by the authorization dept that the info isn't good enough, because the plumbers offer a flat rate for water heater replacement. I get as detailed an estimate as I'm able from the plumbers, only to be told that it's still not good enough, and also that they're not satisfied with being told the diagnosis by phone. Fair enough, so far, but when I try to get back in touch with Authorizations in order to find out what exactly they need, I endure very long hold times, being hung up on repeatedly, unanswered emails, customer service reps 'unable to help with this particular issue,' and so on. I am currently typing this review while on hold yet again--boy, does their hold music ever suck, once you've been listening to it for hours. If you want to spend hours or days of your life getting the runaround, or want emergencies treated like something that can wait a month, or want to be told to pick out for own technician (but pick them based on guidelines they don't tell you beforehand), or desperately want to listen to loud flute music full time, by all means, pay several hundred dollars a year for the privilege.

Steven E. Bauman Poway, CA

Buyer beware...Do not purchase a home warranty through Fidelity home warranty, they will not fix anything, it's just a scam. This company deserves 0 stars, actually a minus rating should be available. We purchased the Single family P-10 Enhanced policy with Pool/Spa after purchasing our new home. We first called when our heat did not produce heat or adequate air-flow. We spent countless hours on the phone to try and get this problem fixed. Three different companies were sent out, the first did nothing and said the heater was old and needs to be replaced, however Fidelity said that the tech said the heater worked normal. Another round of calls and pleading to send out another company, this one replaced the filter and ripped out the insulation that lines the duct inside the heater closet. No change in function, the heater still did not heat. More call and time on the phone to get out a third company. This one replaced the thermostat and and gas valve. Nothing changed and the heater still did not work. Fidelity refused to send out anymore companies or techs and said the heater works but it is old. We hired a heating and air conditioning company on our own, they found the problem fairly quickly, the A-frame shaped Evaporator core was dirty, they removed it, clean it, and when they put it back, eureka! The heater worked, the flow was restored and the heat coming out of the vents was hot. So all it needed was to be cleaned! Like they say in baseball, three strikes and your out. Please please save yourself from the ordeal I went through! Just save some money each month and use that to fund future repairs and breakdowns.

Sadiejane71 Fort Worth, TX

We live on Texas and it’s very HOT here. When we renewed our home warranty we upgraded to the highest plan available. In May we put in a claim for our central air unit. The helped us right away and a serviceman (who was excellent) came out the next morning. He put in for a replacement unit due to ours having a Freon leak. Since then Fidelity has ghosted us. We have called every day and waited on hold for hours only to be disconnected without talking to a person. It has been over two weeks and still no response from them. They emailed us and asked us to call but no one answers at the number. If you are in need of a home warranty, I would skip the company and go with someone with better customer service. We paid almost $1000 for our warranty and they took their money that day. Now they can’t even answer a dang phone. If I could’ve rated them zero stars I would’ve.

Jesse White Waller, TX

Horrible warranty company and terrible customer service. First issue is that you Cana never get through on their phone system to speak to anyone to file a service request because they want it done online. However, there’s times that a customer has questions and actually needs to speak to a human. I’ve tried for about 1-2 months to get them to resolve a septic issue at my house. Even though I specifically told them it’s a septic aeration pump issue and not a plumbiyissue they sent out a plumber a plumber. Plumber is here all of 5 minutes to only tell me that they don’t work on septics and they will let Fidelity know that as well. After that I don’t hear from Fidelity so I continue to call to get a status update on when they will be sending out a septic person to resolve the problem. I finally get to an expediting department person who just tells me that they don’t have a technician to do it, which is BS because I had them send out a septic provider earlier in the year to pump the septic. Instead, she only wanted for me to locate my own provider to access the issue, call them with the diagnosis and costs to do it. At that point Fidelity would then decide what they would pay. Fidelity said they would only pay $500 to me to get it done. So here’s the real deal…they know that $500 isn’t enough to get the job done so they put the burden on the homeowner to find their own provider, homeowner has the burden to submit costs to Fidelity and then Fidelity lowballs homeowner. The problem is if I were to do it on my own with a provider it would cost me $650. I’ve already spent $75 to get Fidelity to send out the wrong trade (plumber) and then I’d be out another $125-150 for a service call to a septic person. So that leaves the Fidelity provided coverage direct to me at around $300 after what I’d pay upfront. Therefore, I’d still be short about $350 short to get my septic repaired when it’s supposed to be cover by my Home Warranty. These people are crooks and only try to find ways out of covering what policy holders think they are paying for with Fidelity. Needless to say, once my warranty expires in a few months I’m gone and will not be back. Stay away people! Save yourself the heads pans frustration.

Millie Chicago, IL

One star because 0 is not an option. If you love yourself, please run in the opposite direction of this company. Go to Yelp.com and read the 100+ pages of bad reviews over the years. FNHW has not changed one bit. In my experience they took the money from the warranty plus the service fees only to turn around and deny the one claim I placed on the house I just bought. Long hold times (1½ hours plus), rude representatives, shoddy contractors, lies all around. To top it all off, their contracts are not-cancellable, especially if you are in California. You can try to reach a supervisor, the CEO and the local sales rep and no one cares. They already have your money and zero incentive to provide any type of service whatsoever. You are better off paying your own researched contractors (not the hacks they send) for quality work. Save your hard earned money and do not give it to FNHW.

Yuri Imoto Sacramento, CA

I would love to give a big fat ZERO for this company. It has been 4 months and my radiant heating system is still not fixed. After explaining multiple times about my situation, they just kept circling my request to different agent every time, until I had to be extremely firm, to express that I am angry, to actually get someone to help with the situation. I got an "ok" to move forward with an out-side vendor, however the process to get that job estimate approved was another nightmare that is still on-going after over a months. All agents are incompetent and needs the client to explain the situation every time we call in. Also the wait is around 1-2 hours until someone even answers the phone. If I knew I would have never contracted with this company. Big mistake to contract with them. These are the company that needs to go out of business. I am unsure how they are still in business with this quality, and how clients are accepting this poor operation. I have raised this to BBB too.

Elle Nevada City, CA

I had a HVAC unit that stopped cooling a month before my policy Home Fidelity ended. The policy came with a house that I purchased. First of all, every single time I needed to get in touch with Fidelity, I had to wait at least an hour to talk to somebody. The first time they sent a tech out, he recharged the unit and threw a dye pack in it to see if it had a leak. He came back three weeks later and determined that it in fact did have a leak and he told me that there was an unfixable leak and the unit needed to be replaced. I called the Heating and Air company and Fidelity once a week for for the next three weeks trying to move things along because by now we were well into July and it was just a matter of time before the unit would stop cooling again. I called the RE agent that sold me the house and was able to get the name of the person they sold the Fidelity’s policys to Real Estate agents to get somebody to facilitate the situation. Tara W was that person. So she sent out different Heating Air company to get a competitive bid for replacement of unit and she was not happy with the bid the first company submitted for the replacement of the unit. They came out and determined that there was nothing wrong with the unit, because it was cooling from the recharge it got in June. Well I guess it was a small leak, because yesterday it stopped cooling again. I called Tara W yesterday and she told me there was nothing they could do because the policy had expired, even tho the date it first started having trouble was when the policy was still in affect. So they just put me off with a temporary fix instead of replacing the unit. I have submitted a claim to the BBB. Hopefully they will help me get justice.