Complete Care Home Warranty Logo

Complete Care Home Warranty

5.8

LAST UPDATED: October 25th, 2021

Founded in 2000, Complete Care Home Warranty (CCHW) provides service repair contracts to homeowners across the country. Its home warranty plans help customers budget for the cost of unexpected repairs to their home systems and appliances.

Complete Care offers home warranty plans that cover many different types of properties, including the following:

• Existing and newly built homes
  • Single-family homes
  • Manufactured homes
  • Duplexes
  • Triplexes
  • Fourplexes

CCHW home warranty plan contracts can be purchased with a variety of term lengths, including the following:

• Month-to-month contracts
  • Annual contracts
  • Multi-year contracts

This provider offers three home warranty plan options as well and a variety of add-on optional coverage items.

Appliances Plan Systems Plan Combo Plan
Refrigerator
Clothes Washer and Dryer
Starting Pricing per Month $35 $35 $42
Starting Pricing per Year $420 $420 $499

This service provider also offers additional coverage options that can be added to enhance your warranty plan, including the following:

• Pool and spa
  • Air conditioning system
  • Heating system
  • Sprinkler system
  • Tankless water heater

How are Complete Care Home Warranty claims reported?

Submit claims over the phone to the 24/7 CCHW service hotline. Once you submit a request, you should be contacted within 48 hours to schedule an appointment. If your circumstance is deemed an emergency, that time frame is cut in half to 24 hours.

With Complete Care Home Warranty, who does the repairs?

CCHW has an extensive network of vetted repair technicians and contractors. To be included, they must be licensed, bonded, and insured in their state. Additionally, CCHW only selects contractors who have a great online customer reputation.

Users have the option to choose their own preferred repair service provider. Rather than having the homeowner pay the full price up-front, submitting receipts, and waiting to be reimbursed, CCHW will pay the technician for covered repairs over the phone, so you are only responsible for your service call fee.

Keep reading for pros and cons of working with this home warranty provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • No Inspection Needed
  • No Appliance Age Restrictions
  • $45 Service Call Fee
  • Service Call Follow-Up
  • 90-Day Workmanship Guarantee

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If you change your mind after purchasing a policy from this warranty company, you can get a refund within 30 days of your purchase.

No Inspection Needed

Complete Care Home warranty does not require a home inspection before signup. Instead, it has a 30-day waiting period before your home warranty coverage begins.

No Appliance Age Restrictions

Complete Care Home Warranty covers your home systems and appliances, no matter how old they are. No inspections or maintenance records are required to sign up. While this seems like a no-brainer, some home warranty companies won't cover appliances manufactured before a specific year.

$45 Service Call Fee

A service call fee is a standard fee that most, if not all, home warranty providers require. Sometimes known as a trade call fee, or repair deductible, this is the amount specified by your contract, that you pay when a technician comes to your home, whether an item is covered or not.

Some home warranty companies require a service fee of $100 or more. It's pretty common to see fees higher than $45.

Here are some examples from top competitors:

Home Warranty Provider Service Call Fee
Choice Home Warranty $60
Landmark Home Warranty $60–$100
American Home Shield $100
American Residential Warranty $55
Amazon Home Warranty $75
Liberty Home Guard $60

90-Day Workmanship Guarantee

If you get a covered appliance or system repaired, the company's 90-day guarantee on parts and labor covers you in the event of an unexpected recurring breakdown. If you have an issue with your washing machine, and Complete Care sends an appliance repair technician to fix it, you pay your service call fee, but the same problem happens again, you won't have to pay the fee twice for the same fix.

Service Call Follow-Up

Every time Complete Care Home Warranty sends a technician to your home for a service call, the company will follow up with you. CCHW calls customers to see if they are satisfied with the work and to get feedback about their experience with the repair tech, including timeliness and efficiency.

The Bad

• State Availability
  • 30-Day Wait Period
  • Cancellation Fee
  • Phone-Only Claim Submission

State Availability

Complete Care offers home warranty plans in most of the country. The only places where you won't be able to get a policy from this company are California, New York, and Washington.

30-Day Wait Period

When you purchase a home service contract from this provider, you should know that your policy doesn't go into effect until 30 days have passed. Most top providers either require a home inspection or a 30-day waiting period, not both.

These policies are intended to make sure that the home warranty company doesn't pay for pre-existing breakdowns. Your appliances and home systems should be in normal working order at the time of purchase.

Cancellation Fee

If you cancel your CCHW contract before your term ends, there is a cancellation fee; however, it's only $50. Several other providers charge $75 or more to cancel a policy prematurely, including Select Home Warranty ($75).

While it will cost you to cancel before the end of your contract, transferring the policy to another party is free.

Phone-Only Claim Submission

When your air conditioner or other covered item stops working, claims have to be submitted over the phone. There is no online portal or app available to CCHW customers at this time. However, the customer service team is available 24/7.

The Bottom Line

Complete Care Home Warranty offers home warranty contracts that will be a good fit for most homeowners. It provides competitive home warranty contract pricing, and a low $49 service fee, paid up-front to your contractor. Systems-only coverage costs $420, and appliance-only coverage begins at $420 per year.

However, Complete Care's Combo Plan will give consumers the most bang for your buck. This bundled plan has a base price of $499 per year. It combines home system and appliance coverage plans, which would cost $840 per year if purchased separately.

Potential customers should take note that coverage isn't available for residents of California, New York, and Washington. Policies take 30 days to go into effect before you can start submitting claims, which are only accepted by phone.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.6

Sharareh Kosari Los Angeles, CA

I chose this company because of its good price , while you should know you won't get anything for the money you pay. They only sent me an email with a brief and vauge policy and after 9 months when I filed my first claim for the air conditioner, I found why they are cheap. After several calls and being on hold for hours and talked to 4 supervisors and managers, they denied to pay for a new A/C and tried to interpret technicians reports to what they had in their mind from the beginning. Technicians were saying frequently that the damage was due to wear and tear , but they declined. I will follow up because I don't let someone else make my mistake and work with them just for a little better price. You won't get anything for the amount you pay.

Mike fox Clovis, CA

There is nothing good about this company, worst customer service they play the avoid you game. Didn't cover a simple leak on pool pump said it was unlikely to have 2 leaks at same time . Took a week to cancel they avoid you still haven't received an email or the money on my policy they promised in 2 to 3 business days. wouldnt give me a confirmation number? Scam company

Makebia Johnson Florissant, MO

Complete Care is a total rip off they took 400 dollars from Me and not the 45 monthly payment then didn't refund Me after speaking with Manager on a Monday called back Friday because of no refund still and they said that they do refunds on Fridays!!! Which was a lie also!!! Then later that night after I had to file a dispute with My bank they turned around the same night and took another 45 dollars from My card!!! I advise any and everyone to stay far away from these cheap slick thieves!!! Just pay the more expensive Company like I had at first and never had anything like this trickery happen to Me!! So like they say You get what you pay for!!! Buyers beware!!!

Roman Sacramento, CA

The first time I called, the gentleman I spoke with was really helpful and made it easy to get through to the contractor. It’s easy to set up and quick. It’s a good deal. The price is good considering I am saving a lot of money.

Eugene Port Huron, MI

I called for my refrigerator and they arranged for the repair guy to come. The first time I called during the Covid-19, they said don’t be surprised if you don’t get anybody but I was able to get someone here. I had to wait a couple of days. They seem pretty trustworthy though they cold not replace the unit when they could repair it.

Katherine Littleton, CO

So far their value and the product is good. They respond and everything goes as planned. There was a little mix up with the name on the plan but they got it all resolved and everything is fine.

Joseph

Complete Care Home Warranty had the best plans for what we needed. At first, things were going really well with them, but then they forgot to send me some documents and I had to call them back 2-3 times before they sent the documents I needed.

Jennie

They were the first home warranty company was that responded to my request for information and they offered me a significant discount for being a senior.

Moon Fridman Hollywood, FL

Great and professionally done! I would highly recommend Complete Care Warranty for your house. I am highly impressed with how your process from requesting the work to the completion of the work was seamless and stress free. I will definitely feel confident in calling you if any other of my household items that become overwhelming for me to handle. Thank you!

John Platus Miami, FL

Superb company to deal with Home Warranty issues. I had a problem with my AC not cooling down. I filed a claim and within hours got my claim assigned to a technician. I got my AC Compressor replaced in a matter of 2 days. I am an extremely happy customer who will be referring a lot to CCHW. There is no reason for my family, friends and relatives not to enjoy the benefits I am enjoying. Kudos to CCHW. Talking about EFFICIENT, hassle free claim filing experience.

Jacqueline Norris Marietta, GA

Complete care has been very good. My heat pump went out so I called and made the claim, and within 24 hours it was fixed. Repairmen usually don't come out that fast, so I was very pleased. The contractor that came was wonderful. He went out and fixed it, told me what was wrong and told me how to prevent it from happening in the future. He also gave me the information I needed.

george smith Macon, GA

Alan C was the man I contacted. He was awsome in his ability to assist me. He initiated my claim ,& told me a service person would contact me in 24hrs. If I wasn't contacted I was to call back. I called back the next day. I got a local company McGee Heating & Air to come out. Alan spoke to the repair man & the repair was paid over the phone. Alan was the most professional person I have dealt with on this type of situation. He was professional & took care of my problem flawlessly. Alan is indeed an asset to your company & I greatly appreciate his help. You need to clone him.

CHRIS CRUZ Union City, CA

So I paid for the annual subscription of complete care and thought things would work out. I filed a claim for an appliance that stopped working and they never reached back to me. I call back two days later and they said I never filed a claim. After that I filed the same claim and it takes them 3 days just to give me any update on it. The company they referred me told me that they didn’t have a payment arrangement with them. After that they send me with another company and they also said they didn’t work with warranty’s. It literally took me a whole week just to get an appointment. They say and promised every day that they would call back and nothing. Then they go to try and fix my washer and they said that it broke too soon and close to the time the warranty started. Like for real what does that mean?! I’m over them and it sucks because I pod for annual subscription. Let’s just say I won’t be using them ever again.

Mari Long Beach, CA

Received great service on our Whirlpool washer and when they had exhausted all possibility of repair, we received an allowance toward purchasing a new washing machine. Very happy with coverage and allowance toward purchase of new appliance. We recommend COMPLETE CARE HOME WARRANTY.

Natally Garcia Oakland, CA

The service that Complete Care Home Warranty has shown during this crazy summer season has been very positive.. They have sent very helpful, knowledgeable people who help me understand my very own equipment. The gentleman was very kind and so generous and super knowledgeable in his field.

Bella henry Hollywood, FL

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, experienced and I haven’t had any issues with them. Complete Care has been able to take care of any issues that we have brought up and they have been helpful about it.

HopeNash21 Cleveland, OH

Complete Care Home Warranty covered a bit more than the other companies and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same day or next. I highly recommend CCHW. They've been professional, courteous and focused.

Alyssa Victoria Tampa, FL

I got ripped off by other home warranty providers in the past but decided to try Complete Care after my friend recommended it. Looks like there are still some good guys out there. My water heater broke and they sent somebody out to fix it very quick. Great experience overall. Would recommend.

Ray Flick Palm Desert, CA

I have made 2 claims of which neither was repaired. Made over 60 calls and left on hold for over 20 minutes several times. The service companies told Dane (in both cases) that the appliance needed full replacement but they declined. My total out of pocket cost was $6500 for my air conditioner and $600 for my microwave. I asked for a refund and was told I had nothing coming even though there is 20 months remaining on my “contact “ Stay away from this company.

Cal Griffitts Jefferson City, MO

If you decide not to go with Complete Care Home Warranty, plan on getting call after call. Even when you ask them not to call you, they will keep pressing you. They call me several times a week, in spite of assurances they would stop.

Anonymous Suitland, MD

I changed my company to Complete Care because they had the package I needed at a cheaper rate.

Terry Ogden, UT

They have a reduced cost and talking to people on the phone is fine.

Tony Martinez San Francisco, CA

Martinez ca. There is nothing good about this company worst customer service.

Aaron Maleh Brooklyn, NY

The service was great with good deal financially. Was provided with many options and good to have many choices. Piece of mind is priceless.

Mary Orick, CA

Called them to get a claim and they just gave me a bunch of excuses of why I couldn’t make a claim. I am very dissatisfied.

Thomas Silver Springs, FL

They take care of everything except they could never get my dryer fixed.

Elaine Enfield, NC

They are friendly and answer all my questions. They’re easy to get a hold.

Martin

They sent a technician in 3 days, but my refrigerator has broken they don't want to fix it.