America's First Choice Home Club

5.5

America’s 1st Choice Home Club was founded by a group of service-oriented people with experience in the field of home protection plans. The home warranty service provider was created to provide affordable, extended home protection plans so that homeowners never have to experience unexpected and costly repair bills. AFC Home Club is well regarded in the industry for its award-winning service to customers.

Keep reading for pros and cons or skip straight to America's 1st Choice reviews to see what customers have to say about their experience with this warranty provider.

American Home Shield Logo
#2 American Home Shield chevron_right
3.9
OneGuard Logo
#3 OneGuard chevron_right

The Good

• Multiple Plan Options
  • Add-On Coverage
  • Choice of Technician
  • Work Guarantee
  • 24/7 Availability
  • Online Claims
  • No Home Inspection
  • America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

Multiple Plan Options

America's 1st Choice Home Club offers a variety of home warranty plans that cover major appliances and systems, ranging from basic to extensive. Pricing details for each plan are not listed on AFC Home Club's website, but the annual fee for an AFC home warranty ranges from $408–$1,032. The following home warranties are available for purchase:

Systems Plan

• Air conditioning or cooler (one unit)
  • Heating systems or built-in wall unit
  • Electrical system
  • Plumbing system
  • Water heater (gas and/or electric)

Silver Plan

• Clothes dryer
  • Clothes washer
  • Kitchen refrigerator
  • Water heater (gas and/or electric)
  • Oven
  • Range/Stove/cooktop
  • Dishwasher
  • Garbage disposal
  • Garage door opener

Gold Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Silver Plan (above)
  • Air conditioning/cooler
  • Heating systems or built-in wall unit
  • Electrical system
  • Plumbing system
  • Ductwork

Platinum Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Gold Plan (above)
  • Kitchen refrigerator with ice maker
  • Built-in microwave
  • Plumbing stoppages
  • Faucets

Add-On Coverage

AFC Home Club offers add-on warranty coverage for any home warranty plan you select. Available add-on systems and appliances include the following options:

• Well pump
  • Pool and spa equipment
  • Septic systems
  • Stand-alone freezers
  • Ice-makers
  • Plumbing stoppages
  • Tankless water heaters

These can be selected for an additional fee after you choose a home warranty plan.

Choice of Technician

Many home warranty companies require that you use their company contractors when you request service. AFC Home Club allows customers to choose their own qualified service technician. If you don't want to select your own technician, America's 1st Choice Home Club will provide one of its technicians that has been through a thorough screening process to ensure you receive the best service possible.

Work Guarantee

AFC Home Club guarantees all parts and labor their technicians perform are covered for the life of your home warranty contract, unlike some other home warranty providers that only offer 30- to 60-day guarantees.

24/7 Availability

AFC Home Club is available 24/7, so you don't have to worry about the company not being available when you need assistance. Many providers are unavailable on weekends and holidays, which makes it difficult if you have a system or appliance emergency and need immediate assistance. You don't have to worry about that with this home warranty service provider.

Online Claims

America's 1st Choice Home Club has an online claims process on its website, so you can submit service requests online without having to call a customer service representative. This makes the claim process quick and easy for AFC Home Club customers.

No Home Inspection

Customers do not have to complete a home inspection before purchasing an AFC Home Club home warranty. Any system or appliance issue that occurs after the 30-day review period is eligible for a claim with AFC Home Club. However, like most home warranty companies, AFC Home Club home warranties do not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

The majority of America's 1st Choice Home Club reviews are positive, demonstrating a satisfied customer base. Customers highlight the home warranty company as professional and informative, responsive, and affordable. Customers also noted a quick repair time and reasonable service fee.

The Bad

• Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Three-Year Contract

Limited Pricing Information Online

Although AFC Home Club has an extensive website with detailed information regarding its package options, it does not list specific prices online. To receive the exact cost for each home warranty plan, you need to request a quote online or over the phone. AFC also does not list its average service fee online.

Three-Year Contract

Most home warranty companies require one-year contracts or have month-to-month plan options. AFC Home Club, on the other hand, requires a three-year contract, a hefty requirement compared to other providers, especially if you're a customer looking to try out the company's services without committing for a long period of time.

The Bottom Line

America's 1st Choice Home Club offers a variety of home warranty plans with basic to extensive warranty coverage and additional add-on options. The company allows you to select your own professional service technician, or you can opt to use AFC's screened technicians. You can select which option is best for you, but keep in mind if you go with AFC's technicians, the parts and service are covered with a guarantee that lasts for the length of your home warranty contract.

AFC Home Club offers online claims, so you can request service online at any time, and the company is available 24/7 for assistance. No home inspection is required, and the company has mostly positive reviews that reflect the company as trusted and satisfactory. However, to receive specific cost information about the annual fee and service fee, you need to request a quote online or over the phone, which may be inconvenient for customers looking to quickly compare AFC prices against other home warranty providers.

Lastly, AFC Home Club requires a three-year contract for all of its home warranty packages. With such lengthy terms when compared to other home warranty providers with one-year contracts and month-to-month options, we suggest looking into other top-rated home warranty companies with less strict requirements.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.5

Dennis Queen Tulsa, OK

Offered us 150 toward a new washer, when I was promised by an employee and in writing that they would “repair or replace” our unit,

Ronald Haab Gilbert, AZ

Not happy. Joined AFC on 06/08/2020 with a grace period of 15 days because of prior home warranty. On Sat 07/11/2020 dishwasher leaked water. Text said they would get back to me. Did not hear anything until this Monday at 9:25 to call back. Just talked to a person and said that I owe another $150 because of 30 day grace. Connor of you company verified that this was a 15 day wait period not your tradional 30 day.

CALIFORNIA Highland, CA

I wish I could give them ZERO stars! I was with AFC for 18 months when my A/C went out. After 8 days, they offered us $180 toward a $3,400 replacement. When I told them to cancel my account they told me a manager would get back to me in a day or so. RUN, don't walk away from AFC.

Timothy Kasperek Minneapolis, MN

Can not give you a good rating due to the poor customer service we have received. We set up original contacts as needed as a convenience to our busy work schedules and some how can not be retrieved. To deny the mistake on your end and not take responsibility is not satisfactory. On top of it all helping to find a technician/Service to work with. The experience has been more than frustrating and us question your creditability.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

We apologize that we did not have Yolanda listed on the account as per your request. This was an error. Human errors do occur but are not an excuse. Please be aware we are currently reviewing your request and will be in contact with you shortly, thank you.

Nov. 25th, 2019

Mo Katy, TX

STOP! Please Read Before you Buy AFC I purchased AFC on July 31, 2019 and I was told it will have a 30-day waiting period, my credit card was charged immediately. The sales agent told me that I could file claims after August 31, 2019. 52 days later, I filed a claim online, got a call from AFC the same day and declined the coverage because I was still under 30-day waiting period. AFC has deceived me, I am filing a complaint with BBB, Texas Attorney General and TDLR

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Mo, I do not show that you are a member of AFC Home Club.

Sep. 24th, 2019

Brian Tyler Aledo, TX

The worst home warranty you can get. They say they cover things but make you jump through hoops to get the to actually fix anything or they deny coverage all together

Larry Joslin

1) The salesman did not adequately answer my questions or explain the coverage. 2) I assumed I would need to have an inspection but the salesman told me I did not need one and that they assume that when I bought the house that I would have made sure everything works. I told the salesman that the house and the AC unit were old but he did not inform me that if it is over 10 years old, they will not cover it; which they didn’t cover it. Nor did he tell me about their pro-rating system. 3) Documentation and website information gives conflicting information about inspections. In the FAQ section of the website it says that an inspection is not required for coverage and that items are covered after 30 days. The system was operational when I purchased the house and the AFC coverage and it was months before the system quit working. But in the Limitations section of the AFC Home-Club terms it says that you will be "required to provide prior proof of a satisfactory maintenance check-up within the last 12 months to receive coverage." This contradicts the spirit of their no inspection needed claim. 4) The coverage I purchased is worthless to me because of the age of my house and it's systems but they refused to give me a refund.

Tim Finleyville, PA

Yes I was going to go with American home shield until I found out that they have had a large amount of problems with customers in the past I then checked out BPG home warranty which is rated number one I also got a hold of the Better Business Bureau which gave them an A+ I just got through talking to a gentleman they do excellent service I for one suggest anybody out there to go with This company and nobody else thank you and good luck

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Tim, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you!

yeidy minier New Britain, CT

excellent service, very easy to get..good

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Yeidy, thank you so much for your feedback!

Paige Burandt Saint Croix Falls, WI

Sales associate Tyler was amazing! He helped me get a discounted rate on the plan I was interested in. Did a good job of selling the 3-year plan, which I just wasn't interested in. Looking forward to more from this company.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Paige, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed working with our account manager!

Lorraine Peyton King George, VA

Sales personnel was awesome, experienced and very caring and friendly. I am sure I will be very pleased with this company.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Lorraine, we appreciate your feedback!

Conrad Hillman Mapleton, ND

Kevin took the time to answer all of my questions and assisted us with getting the best deal. He was not pushy when we did not want to go with a 3 year plan and instead made sure that he met our needs. I had called Life Guard Home Warranty before AFC and I gave my number for a call back because they were too busy, I have yet to hear back from them. When I called AFC I was immediately in contact with a friendly representative.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Conrad, Thank you for your feedback. Please be aware we are 24/7 for service also at 855-613-4555.

Richard Apollo Beach, FL

The salesman, Kevin was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. He also explained the various options.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for your feedback.

Andrew Burgos Las Vegas, NV

Dave was great and very knowledgeable. He assisted me in choosing the right plan that fit our home.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Andrew, We are here to help!

Clara Wyatt

Representative was courteous and able to answer my questions. Was given the name of the company by Consumer Reports.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for your feedback!

Don Myer Idabel, OK

I have only experienced the sales process, but I found the representative very helpful and easy to talk to. Thank you for walking me through the process and listening to my needs.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Don, We make sure that the service department treats our members just as well! Our sales and service are all in-house so that our members have a seamless transition to coverage. Thank you for your feedback!

Kevin Fredericksburg, VA

I spoke to Ryan who was very informative on what was offered. He did not attempt to downgrade the other home warranty companies but focus on what his company can offer. Very professional

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Kevin, Thank you for your feedback. Unlike other companies, we do not speak about what they do or do not offer we focus on our top of the line coverage as that is why you are speaking with us!

KuvLover San Diego, CA

I spoke with Melanie, who helped me with a few things today. She was absolutely outstanding! It was time to renew my policy, and she explained everything to me regarding the difference between 2 policies, and I chose the Platinum policy. Great coverage! Also, I told her about an issue I was having with something not covered by my policy (a door), and she tried to help me with referrals there, too. I feel I always receive great customer service from AFC, and I sure got the best today! Thank you, Melanie!

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad to hear you went with the top plan. We look forward to working more with you!

Sarah Lopienski Columbus, OH

My customer rep Connor was fantastic. Walked me through each plan and savings. Got the best deal for me. I appreciate the tenacity of helping customers feel like you care about them and their homes!

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for your feedback. Connor is a great addition here and we know you will be just as pleased with the service.

smerrell Monterey, CA

America's First Choice Home Club has done a great job helping us keep it home in tip top shape. They have been responsive and easy to work with and very reasonable on what they will cover.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you very much for the feedback on your service with AFC!

Wendy M Budde San Marcos, CA

The last time we used our warranty, we had to call to get clearance before the plumber could do the work, we had to wait on hold for a long time. Also, the door of our microwave broke, not covered under warranty

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Please be aware all companies have to give approval before a job can be completed. We apologize about the hold time as we do prioritize technicians. I do show we have covered all requests except the Microwave as the handle fell off and that is not a mechanical failure. Home Warranty is for mechanical failures on items. It is industry standard that physical items are not covered. We do apologize for you not being 100% Satisfied and would like to waive your next service fee. Thank you for your feedback.

Jul. 24th, 2019

Andy Decker Saint Cloud, MN

Don't waste your time or money. They will find a way to make sure they do not have to pay your claim. I distinctly bought this warranty when I purchased my home because I knew my A/C unit was very old and would eventually go out. After giving this rip off company over $2100, the A/C did in fact go out. Their generous offer was for $180. Yep, $180, because of the age of the unit. This is the biggest scam and rip off I have ever been witness to. Look elsewhere, I will be canceling my coverage, as it is worthless. I still have a year left. I am guessing I'll get about $10 back from the. What a crock!

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Mr. Decker, We apologize that you were not pleased with the amount offered on your unit. Please be aware homes just like vehicles age. Home Warranties are in place to help your home's units reach their life expectancy and/or exceed it. There are still obligations in place that the member must meet to have your units properly covered, this is annual maintenance which you did not provide. Therefore we were unable to offer more than the fair market value on this unit. There is no product that offers blanket coverage on your home and takes away all homeowner responsibility. We are here to aid and assist per guidelines. These are provided to you for a full 30 100% moneyback guarantee review.

Jul. 16th, 2019

J9softball Greensboro, NC

Ryan has been very helpful! He is knowledgeable and willing to help with getting us competitive pricing.

Ed Pulsifer Douglas, MA

Got a good deal and a good sales person Luke

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to servicing you home.

Jul. 1st, 2019

Dan Springfield, MO

Customer service was great. The representative, Joe, was very responsive. Quick response to the online inquiry. The real proof of your quality will be in how you respond to service. I'd love to know what percentage of claims you cover. Numbers and dollars.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Dan, Thank you for your feedback! Our members are overwhelmingly pleased with service and we are sure you will be too! We look forward to servicing your needs in the future. Service Team AFC Home Club

Jena Logan Bakersfield, CA

I had three claims that were not accepted due to fine print. My A/C went out and the repairs were not covered because I had not had a tune up in the previous year. My oven went out and they only offered to pay $100 due to the age of the oven. My pool pump went out and they would not cover the cost because I had only had the warranty for just over a month. I was not told about any of these conditions when I signed up for the service. Additionally, they auto renewed my membership after receiving an email that stated my contract had expired and to call if I wanted to set up a new one. I would not recommend this company.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Mrs. Logan, We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your membership services. Please be aware we do send all guidelines and publish them online. It is very important to get your HVAC tuned up as it is a requirement of the manufacturer and overall good for the air quality and safety of your home. It does not stop a breakdown but it does allow for us to catch a failure before it becomes a major issue many times. Thank you. AFC Home Club

Jim F Granbury, TX

Joe was very helpful and not pushy like other Home Buyer Warranty Companies we inquired about in choosing a home warranty program. The service fee is very reasonable and the coverage of our major items and appliances is excellent.

Jim, Thank you for your feedback! AFC Home Club

Sue Gallipolis, OH

The gentleman I spoke with was very nice,polite and knowledgeable.

Thank you for your feedback! AFC Home Club

Shelley Glassman Trabuco Canyon, CA

Prompt courteous service. Everyone I spoke too was so helpful. They knew all costs and clearly stated what my coverage would cover.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Ms. Glassman, Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to service your residences. Keep in mind with AFC you rates are guaranteed. We also have a 3-year plan which will save you a lot of money. We look forward to servicing your needs in the future. AFC Home Club

karen Bellingham, WA

We bought the warranty as part of the sale of our house. and just signed up today, so we actually haven't used the service, but Randy on the phone was super nice and helpful. Great customer service.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Karen, All service is located in-house. Therefore we are able to give prompt resolutions on any needs. We look forward to servicing your homes needs in the future. AFC Home Club

Elizabeth Grippo Monroe, NC

Connor was extremely thorough and answered all my questions. He was very knowledgeable and helped me make an informed decision on my home warranty.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed speaking with Connor!

Jun. 17th, 2019

Randall Owensboro, KY

Very helpful with all questions I had about the warranty and coverage...

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for your feedback Randall!

Jun. 17th, 2019

Brenda New Albany, IN

Very professional and helpful experience

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

We value your feedback. Thank you for your continued membership with AFC Home Club.

Jun. 13th, 2019

Daken York Hot Springs, AR

Terrible just terrible. It so far has taken over a month to get payment back on buying new dishwasher to replace old. Said they sent check yesterday, we will see. On my ice maker the technician told me he didn’t understand why AFC was not paying more for repairs. Ice maker was not working and they did give max on that but another problem caused the ice maker problem and the would not pay for it. Told me that they would only pay for ice maker and not what caused the problem that had nothing to do with ice maker. Told customer service person that I guess that I will have to look for another warranty company and she told me that sounds great. I have worked with customers for a long time and knew that it does not do any good to yell or get upset. Was very cordial to them but this is terrible. Will be looking for another company when contract is over.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Mr. York, Thank you for your feedback. I have researched your account in depth. Per your records, all 3 service requests have been paid in full or up to maximum limits. All membership guidelines are provided upfront as well on our website. Home warranties are very similar across the industry. In regards to customer service, this complaint has been sent to corporate as we pride ourselves on that service and this is extremely unusual to hear something of this nature. Possibly a misunderstanding? We value your business and a customer service representative will be reaching out once all calls are reviewed. Thank you.

Jun. 13th, 2019

Ms. Holt Clarksville, TN

I just had an unauthorized renewal from the two contacts I had. This is unbelievable that this can happen. I will not renew.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Ms. Holt, We are sorry to hear that you do not want to continue protecting your home as you have in the past. All renewals are automatic as to delay any coverage needs. If you wish to cancel this you simply call in to AFC and a full refund will be issued. We also call you several times prior to renewal to touch base on new products. I see you were contact 3 times with Voicemail on phone number ending in 9952 5.16.19 called ho about renewal no answer left voicemail 5.30.19 called ho about renewal no answer left voicemail 6.10.19 called about renewal no answer sent voicemail This is per your guidelines. (D) All Membership Terms are renewed automatically 30 days prior to Agreement expiration date unless cancelled within that period by Administrator or Member. Payment information provided initially will be used for all Renewals unless Member provides new information prior to payment date

Namit Mehta Marietta, GA

The sales manager was very polite & professional. Answered all my questions.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Mr. Mehta, We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the interaction. We look forward to servicing your homes needs. AFC Home Club

Jeff Dallas, GA

Easy to get signed up for new service. Payment terms are great! Coverage options are good.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Jeff, We look forward to servicing your homes needs. Thank you for the review. AFC Home Club

Steven Kramer Walpole, MA

We just joined. In comparing info. from other companies FirstChoiceHomeClub. came in first. We will know better once we get the paperwork. I can only tell you the person we spoke with was knowledgeable and very informative. I would certainly recommend FC.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Mr. Kramer, Please make sure to read all guidelines as we are very transparent. If you have any question your agent is dedicated to you and will answer any needs you have. AFC Home Club

Roy Scarsdale, NY

Very happy to say to deal with the Sales staff (Mike R, Randy D and Dave) were exceptional to answer questions, to provide best assistance in the enrollment process .

Armand Bendersky Highland Park, IL

I had a good conversation with Everette and then the TO'd me to Randy. Both were knowledgeable and personable.

Jerry Germantown, TN

The customer service is a step beyond excellent.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Jerry, Thank you for the review we are always happy to hear this. We look forward to helping you for years to come. Service Team AFC Home CLub

LFulgenzi Tucson, AZ

Very clear and professional. Explained in detail various protection policies and their costs

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

We are glad to hear you were pleased thank you for the review Sales Team AFC Home Club

maria arteaga San Diego, CA

It has taken over 30 days to process payment reimbursement and I have had to make phone calls to inquire about when I can expect to receive it. There is a long hold when I call. That is the reason for 3 stars.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

During the summer months we are a bit busier but if you press 4 for billing during 9am-4:30pmEST there is no hold time and they can answer your questions on any reimbursements. I show the receipt was attached on 5/10 and the reimbursement was mailed 6/4 so you will have that very soon. Thank you for your time with us. AFC Home Club

Mr mayfield Milwaukee, WI

I’ve had no claims honored! No coverage for act of nature coverage! Old products or not properly inspected are not covered - even though we pay each month year after year! I think those rules should be changed to better service customers warranty products that they pay for each month!

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

When reviewing your requests I show 2/2 service requests were paid for. Please be aware no warranty company covers natural disaster or power surges/outages. This is why you already pay for Home Owners Insurance. If you would like to speak with us in more detail about your concerns feel free to contact us 24/7 at 855-613-4555.

Megan and Gary J Mascoutah, IL

Our representative was professional, personable, and knowledgeable. It was an easy process to set up service and made me feel comfortable knowing that this company is going to have our backs!

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for the feedback Megan and Gary!

Shirley

I was having an "off" day, having trouble getting thoughts together. The Sales Rep was patient with me and helped me renew my policy.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Shirley, we are pleased to hear you felt our account manager was helpful!

Ariel Hall Meridian, ID

Beforw the house burnt down, I called several times on stuff and they were very helpful! Then after I told them the house burned down, we actually got a refund! Altho I'm still waiting to see it....

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Ariel, thank you for your review!

Clay Hooper Elizabethtown, KY

I spoke with Taylor about different packages offered for a home warranty. He gave me his personal info, told me to call him directly, spoke to his manager for me, and gave me the best price out of any other company I contacted. I will recommend this company and Taylor to anyone who is looking for any type of services for a home warranty.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Clay, we appreciate your feedback and we will certainly let the account manager know you enjoyed your experience!

Debbie Olathe, KS

AFC is the BEST choice. they do handle claims quickly. customer service is wonderful.

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Thank you for reviewing Debbie! We are pleased you received excellent customer service and look forward to servicing your home in the future!

Michael North Granby, CT

Worst experience ever with a home warranty company. They did not cover anything that needed repairs in the home. The customer service agents were inept at best. Don't waste your money on this group!

Reply from America's First Choice Home Club

Michael, I have researched what seems to be your account and I see covered service requests. If you would like to reach out to us I would love to go into more detail on how to help. We normally get 5 stars due to our service team and i'd love to hear your input. Service Manager AFC Home Club 855-613-4555