Vio Security

5.1

LAST UPDATED: September 30th, 2022

GHS Interactive Security is now Vio Security.  In 2021, John Hudson became the Chief Executive Officer of Vio Security with an extensive background in sales and home security.  The security company is one of the country's top community-based security and automation companies and has over 100 years of combined experience in the home security industry. The company also has a wide variety of security and home automation options from which you can choose.

Additionally, Vio Security advertises flexible monitoring rates and offers convenient access and control of its systems via an intuitive smartphone app that allows you to check in on your home from virtually anywhere. Vio Security provides 24/7 monitoring service, protection, and maintenance.

See Vio Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company's products and services.

The Good

• Residential and Commercial Applications
  • Alarm.com App with Integrated Systems
  • Secure Cellular Communication
  • Easy Moving Services
  • Customizable Equipment Options

Residential and Commercial Applications

Vio Security offers both residential and commercial security systems in California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama. Commercial customers need to call the company directly for a systems quote.

Alarm.com App with Integrated Systems

Vio Security provides you with total access to manage, monitor, and control your system with the use of their Alarm.com app, which can be downloaded on any computer or mobile device and will send you push notifications. This integrated system not only provides you with a single touch-point, but it also has customized trigger responses as well. For example, when you lock your front door, the system will automatically arm your security system, turn off the lights, adjust your thermostat and more.

Secure Cellular Communication

Additionally, Vio Security uses a totally wireless, secure cellular system that's tamper-resistant, which means it can't be cut like a phone line or disabled like an internet connection or broadband line can. However, they also offer landline, broadband, and internet monitoring as well if you so choose.

Easy Moving Services

Vio Security makes it easy to take your security system with you if you move. The website states that a technician can remove your existing equipment from your current home and reinstall it in your new home. You can schedule your move by contacting the company. Vio Security does not provide any pricing information for its moving service.

Customizable Equipment Options

Vio Security also has customizable equipment options that allow you to build your own system so you don't have to pay for features and options you don't need or use. The system includes professional installation so you don't have to worry about a thing.

Vio Security offers two home security packages to meet the home's needs:

Essentials Package: $29.99 monthly fee

• Vio Security App
  • Security service - door/window sensor, motion detector, etc.
  • Life safety - smoke detector, CO2 detector, medical pendant, etc.

Innovation Package: $39.99 monthly fee

• Vio Security App
  • Home automation service - smart thermostat, door locks, lights, etc.
  • Premium video monitoring - up to eight security cameras with analytics
  • 24/7 monitoring

Homeowners also have the ability to customize their system with the following equipment:

• Outdoor security cameras
  • Indoor security cameras
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart touchscreen control panel
  • Smart thermostat
  • Safety sensors
  • Remote control access

The Bad

• $99 Activation Fee
  • Contract Terms Not Transparent
  • No Mention of a Contract Cancellation Fee, If Any
  • Negative Customer Reviews

$99 Activation Fee

All home security services through Vio Security require a $99 activation fee before the security system can be used.

Contract Terms Not Transparent

Additionally, there is no mention on their website about whether or not they require you to sign a contract when purchasing its security alarm or how long that contract might be.

No Mention of a Contract Cancellation Fee, If Any

And, they don't mention whether you have to pay a cancellation fee should you decide to terminate your service. Therefore, you will have to contact them to determine this information based on the specific equipment you've chosen.

Negative Customer Reviews

Vio Security has over 100 reviews on BestCompany.com, the majority of which are negative. Common complaints in the Vio Security customer reviews include poor customer service, unresponsive monitoring center, extreme difficulty in canceling services, poor equipment quality, expensive installation fees, no equipment warranty, false alarms, and dishonest billing practices.

Many negative reviews warned against getting this home security service because of fraudulent business practices. The company does not respond to the majority of the negative reviews demonstrating a lack of customer support.

Below is an example of a recent negative review:

Review Icon

Customer Review: Brandon from Memphis, TN

“​​Our experience with Vio has been awful. If 0 stars was an option, that’s what they would have got. Customer service is horrible. System hasn’t worked in almost 2 months yet I can’t get anyone to fix it and they continue to draft the monthly fee for a system that is inoperable. Take your business elsewhere!”

Based on these reviews, we suggest considering a different home security system with a better overall rating.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Vio Security offers a full suite of home security, home automation, monitoring, and medical safety options which can all be accessed, monitored, and controlled via their Alarm.com app. And the company offers customizable equipment packages so you don't have to pay for anything you don't need.

However, the Vio Security website lacks important information regarding its security systems such as contract terms (if any), whether or not they will charge you a cancellation fee, and how much that fee might be should you decide to cancel.

The company’s overall customer rating indicates poor customer support and low-quality equipment. If you want to learn more about the company's customer service, equipment quality, and overall service, check out Vio Security reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

National Phoenix, AZ

I’ve had ADT before and they were a little expensive and Vio is the best price. They always answer my questions. It is easy to use, my employees never have any issues with it. Every time the alarm goes off, they are always on point.

Reply from Vio Security

Vio takes pride in protecting your business and employees. Thank you for the positive review.

Jamarcus Houston, TX

Very satisfied! If anybody were to ask me a recommendation for security I would definitely send them this way. I like that I can use the app on my phone. If I am away from my house, I can use it. Everything went smoothly with the tech coming out to install it.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the stellar review Jamarcus! For every new customer you refer to us, we will give you $100.

Reynaldo

Every time I call, they are there and answer my questions and help me with whatever situation I may have. I have had it for quite some years now and it works the way it is supposed to. I haven’t had any major issues with the alarm system.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate your business.

Denise

Customer service is not great when you call in but the service is good. I like that I can see who comes in because the command takes pictures and keeps track of time and I get a lot of stuff but customer service is always quick to hurry me and don’t take the time to be compassionate and help out their customers.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your review. We take them very seriously.

Anonymous Katy, TX

The response is prompt. Sometimes the alarm is accidentally triggered and we get a response right away to see if everything is okay. The system works properly. It's connected to the internet.

Reply from Vio Security

We take pride in protecting what matters most to you. Thank you for the positive review.

Christina Port Arthur, TX

The guy installing it didn’t leave until the equipment was working. The camera is HD, it shows clear even at night. It is the best, everything has worked fine. I hope they doing what they are doing.

Reply from Vio Security

Hi Christina. Great technicians and great products is what we pride ourselves in. Thank you!

Joe Loma Linda, CA

It works great. They are so attentive. Also it is affordable for veterans so I am always trying to recommend it to veterans because of the veterans discount. It had a lot value.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you so much for your service, Joe!

Sullie

The equipment is good. I have the cameras and the thing you out around your neck in case you fall. I haven’t had any problems, sometimes the camera’s batteries run out but I reset it and that’s okay.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review.

Joycemarie Redd ,

Anthony...is the one I have been dealing with and he is one of the nicest person I have ever met..he's always smiling and he treats my grandchildren that some times can be brats lol like most children their age he treats them with smiles and knowledge they real like him because he treats them like small humans he never brushes them off or away I have much respect for him

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

Gary Fayetteville, NC

Just doing this to help the rep Art out. Our rep said the company is under new leadership and that they’ve completely revamped the company as a whole. I got installed early June and haven’t had a single problem. I had a faulty glassbreak sensor and Art has stayed in quick contact to get it resolved. Definitely give them a chance. Super friendly and super professional team out here in NC

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you, Gary, for taking the time to post your feedback in the form of this great review. We will share this information with Art and his installation team, and appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to serve & protect you and your family. Should you ever need assistance with your equipment or services, please contact us (always including your GHS account information for fastest response) at . Thank you for being a valued customer of ours! Here to serve, GHS Security

Aug. 6th, 2019

Stephen Fussell Las Vegas, NV

Our technician was wonderful knowledgeable & friendly. Looking forward to seeing him again on Saturday. We had a small issue late at night & reached out to Andre. He was amazing thank you Vio Security I believe we FINALLY found our Security

Reply from Vio Security

Stephen! thank you for the great feedback. We are happy to hear your experience has been great. We thank you for choosing Vio to help protect you and your loved ones.

Jun. 17th, 2021

Eddie Gray Memphis, TN

This company have great sales people and technicians. I have not had to speak with customer service support yet, but everything is great. I would most definitely recommend this company. When you have great people representing a company that means a lot. Way to go Vio Security😃

Reply from Vio Security

Eddie, thank you for your positive words, we really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review!

Apr. 9th, 2021

Michelle Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been a customer of Vio for five years now. I started with basic security because I wanted to feel safe. Then I slowly started adding smart home products, such as cameras and doorlocks. The convenience that this has added to my life is priceless. I am able to manage my household even while I am not there.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Kim Huntington Beach, CA

We initially had some trouble with our parents being tied between multiple contracts with different service providers, it was a nightmare! Alex and GHS was extremely knowledgable snd helpful! We appreciate this company making our family a priority!

Reply from Vio Security

The team here at GHS is thrilled to hear such good feedback! Thank you Kim!

May. 26th, 2020

G. Lukacs Myrtle Beach, SC

Lawarren Came to install my system. I highly recommend him to all future customers, family and friends. He took his time with me to help me understand everything I needed to know. He is the best technician I've ever experienced. I feel like I meet a friend. Thanks ghs for sending me your best technician. He needs employee of the year award.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your online feedback in the form of this great review for Lawarren and his team! I will be sure to spread the great news of his work with our staff and his teammates. We appreciate your time and your business. -GHS Security

Oct. 28th, 2019

Cheryl California City, CA

Don’t change a thing. You guys are great. Always there whenever anything happens and answer a lot of questions.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the great feedback. We are working hard to create a great customer experience for our customers.

Anonymous Riverside, CA

It’s easy to manage and look ar. I like that I could set up on my phone and the contact over the speaker.

Reply from Vio Security

Sounds like you are really utilizing some of the smart home technology that we offer. Thank you for the 5 star review.

Fabio Lehigh Acres, FL

I like the fact that if I lose power, the system continues to work. It is easy to learn and use. It works well.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Fabio.

Michele Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Customer support is responsive and the equipment had been very reliable. It is the most comprehensive.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you, Michele. We appreciate the feedback. If you are interested in hearing about the new technology we offer, give us a call. (855)447-4961.

Nick Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Service technician, Raymond, was thorough, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. He rates an A+ for his assistance with our security needs. Done April 6, 2021. Thank you, Raymond.

Reply from Vio Security

Nick, thank you so much for the review! Thank you for mentioning the great service provided to you by our tech Raymond.

Apr. 7th, 2021

Char Kinchen-Monroe Los Banos, CA

I always get the same repair guy, which makes my service very simple & efficient. I have not had any issues with my service or equipment, except for a battery change here and there....

Reply from Vio Security

Char, thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review. We try to keep our techs in the same areas so our customers can count on a friendly face if they ever need service. Happy to hear our efforts are paying off.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Anonymous San Antonio, TX

I like it. I am very happy with it. I like that I can see my cameras and change it anywhere.

Reply from Vio Security

We are delighted that you are happy with your cameras.

Kerry Oceanside, CA

They’re very reliable. Any problems I have encountered have been taken care of right away.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patronage.

Michael Chrietzberg Duncanville, TX

Excellent response to service needs. Technicians are always professional and attentive to our needs. Monitoring service is professional and efficient. Highly recommend.

Reply from Vio Security

Michael, thank you for the review. Vio strives for excellence and your feedback is proof we are on the right track. Thank you.

May. 11th, 2021

Edwin Irving, TX

They notify you whenever the alarm goes off. It is easy to use.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the feedback, Edwin. We are pleased that you find the system easy to use.

Carmen R Wilkens Richmond, TX

Great customer service throughout my contract, especislly with Ms Ginger S. Have been a customer since 2015, starting with GHS.

Thank you Carmen!

Jun. 28th, 2021

Yolanda ,

Service was Excellent. I've had GHS for 3 1/2 years. When I've needed their assistance, they have always been very professional. Very caring.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the stellar review, Yolanda! We are happy to serve you!

Feb. 25th, 2021

Dwight spencer Dallas, TX

Helped get updated equipment, service very good. The service guy very friendly and knowledgeable about the system.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review Dwight! Happy to hear your experience has been great!

Mar. 8th, 2021

Dorsett Wilson Memphis, TN

The tech was great overall. He gave us all the information we needed and the installation was great.

Reply from Vio Security

We are very proud of our technical team here at Vio. We are glad you had a great experience.

Rosie Mercado Ripon, CA

Anthony V was very professional and knowledgeable. He was very helpful and gave me info I didn’t have a clue about.

Reply from Vio Security

We are so glad that you had a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

guoxin wu Beaumont, TX

Gary did an Excellent job!!! He was very patient and helpful.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you so much for letting us know, Gary! Welcome to the Vio Security family!

Nov. 15th, 2021

Charlotte Landry Gulf Shores, AL

Brian answered all our questions in easy to understand terms and was very thorough

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you very much, Charlotte, for taking time to share your positive experience with us. We really appreciate the feedback and business opportunity! Shannon Nameth, Compliance & Licensing Specialist

Aug. 19th, 2021

Cathy Fason Germantown, TN

The young man that serviced our alarm was very professional and nice. He did a great job

Reply from Vio Security

Hello Cathy! Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning the great service provided by our Technician.

Aug. 20th, 2020

Vanessa Garcia Turlock, CA

Fast and friendly technician. Will recommend to a family member.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you very much for posting positive feedback, Vanessa! Vio Security is working double time to improve our customer experience from the point of sale forward. We are thrilled that you joined the Vio Security family! Shannon Nameth, Consumer Compliance Manger

Oct. 8th, 2021

mariah Lawrenceville, GA

Very friendly and professional. Detailed in explanations, professional.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you very much, Mariah, for taking time to provide a review of the services provided by Vio Security, a recently reorganized and rebranded security services company. We are working hard to improve our processes and customer relations every day! Shannon Nameth, Compliance & Licensing Specialist

Aug. 19th, 2021

Rudy Cordova ,

Overall was great, your technician was awesome and very professional.

Reply from Vio Security

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with our technician. Rudy, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

May. 26th, 2020

James deVoss Phoenix, AZ

Our technician was very knowledgeable and professional

Reply from Vio Security

James, thank you for your review! It means so much to us.

Mar. 16th, 2021

Donna Kawaguchi Union City, CA

On time, courteous, informative, and efficient

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your 5 star review, Donna!

lourdes fondevila Reseda, CA

The service provided by Edward was excellent

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your feedback, Lourdes.