Vio Security

5.2

LAST UPDATED: August 2nd, 2022

GHS Interactive Security is now Vio Security.  In 2021, John Hudson became the Chief Executive Officer of Vio Security with an extensive background in sales and home security.  The security company is one of the country's top community-based security and automation companies and has over 100 years of combined experience in the home security industry. The company also has a wide variety of security and home automation options from which you can choose.

Additionally, Vio Security advertises flexible monitoring rates and offers convenient access and control of its systems via an intuitive smartphone app that allows you to check in on your home from virtually anywhere. Vio Security provides 24/7 monitoring service, protection, and maintenance.

See Vio Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company's products and services.

The Good

• Residential and Commercial Applications
  • Alarm.com App with Integrated Systems
  • Secure Cellular Communication
  • Easy Moving Services
  • Customizable Equipment Options

Residential and Commercial Applications

Vio Security offers both residential and commercial security systems in California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama. Commercial customers need to call the company directly for a systems quote.

Alarm.com App with Integrated Systems

Vio Security provides you with total access to manage, monitor, and control your system with the use of their Alarm.com app, which can be downloaded on any computer or mobile device and will send you push notifications. This integrated system not only provides you with a single touch-point, but it also has customized trigger responses as well. For example, when you lock your front door, the system will automatically arm your security system, turn off the lights, adjust your thermostat and more.

Secure Cellular Communication

Additionally, Vio Security uses a totally wireless, secure cellular system that's tamper-resistant, which means it can't be cut like a phone line or disabled like an internet connection or broadband line can. However, they also offer landline, broadband, and internet monitoring as well if you so choose.

Easy Moving Services

Vio Security makes it easy to take your security system with you if you move. The website states that a technician can remove your existing equipment from your current home and reinstall it in your new home. You can schedule your move by contacting the company. Vio Security does not provide any pricing information for its moving service.

Customizable Equipment Options

Vio Security also has customizable equipment options that allow you to build your own system so you don't have to pay for features and options you don't need or use. The system includes professional installation so you don't have to worry about a thing.

Vio Security offers two home security packages to meet the home's needs:

Essentials Package: $29.99 monthly fee

• Vio Security App
  • Security service - door/window sensor, motion detector, etc.
  • Life safety - smoke detector, CO2 detector, medical pendant, etc.

Innovation Package: $39.99 monthly fee

• Vio Security App
  • Home automation service - smart thermostat, door locks, lights, etc.
  • Premium video monitoring - up to eight security cameras with analytics
  • 24/7 monitoring

Homeowners also have the ability to customize their system with the following equipment:

• Outdoor security cameras
  • Indoor security cameras
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart touchscreen control panel
  • Smart thermostat
  • Safety sensors
  • Remote control access

The Bad

• $99 Activation Fee
  • Contract Terms Not Transparent
  • No Mention of a Contract Cancellation Fee, If Any
  • Negative Customer Reviews

$99 Activation Fee

All home security services through Vio Security require a $99 activation fee before the security system can be used.

Contract Terms Not Transparent

Additionally, there is no mention on their website about whether or not they require you to sign a contract when purchasing its security alarm or how long that contract might be.

No Mention of a Contract Cancellation Fee, If Any

And, they don't mention whether you have to pay a cancellation fee should you decide to terminate your service. Therefore, you will have to contact them to determine this information based on the specific equipment you've chosen.

Negative Customer Reviews

Vio Security has over 100 reviews on BestCompany.com, the majority of which are negative. Common complaints in the Vio Security customer reviews include poor customer service, unresponsive monitoring center, extreme difficulty in canceling services, poor equipment quality, expensive installation fees, no equipment warranty, false alarms, and dishonest billing practices.

Many negative reviews warned against getting this home security service because of fraudulent business practices. The company does not respond to the majority of the negative reviews demonstrating a lack of customer support.

Below is an example of a recent negative review:

Review Icon

Customer Review: Brandon from Memphis, TN

“​​Our experience with Vio has been awful. If 0 stars was an option, that’s what they would have got. Customer service is horrible. System hasn’t worked in almost 2 months yet I can’t get anyone to fix it and they continue to draft the monthly fee for a system that is inoperable. Take your business elsewhere!”

Based on these reviews, we suggest considering a different home security system with a better overall rating.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Vio Security offers a full suite of home security, home automation, monitoring, and medical safety options which can all be accessed, monitored, and controlled via their Alarm.com app. And the company offers customizable equipment packages so you don't have to pay for anything you don't need.

However, the Vio Security website lacks important information regarding its security systems such as contract terms (if any), whether or not they will charge you a cancellation fee, and how much that fee might be should you decide to cancel.

The company’s overall customer rating indicates poor customer support and low-quality equipment. If you want to learn more about the company's customer service, equipment quality, and overall service, check out Vio Security reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

YVidal

We began working with this company when it was GHS. Our three-year contract ended December 2021 so my husband called to get the address so we could send a letter letting them know we would not be renewing our contract. The rep gave us an address and I mailed a letter in early December. The letter was returned as undeliverable - the rep gave us an old address for Vio Security. When my husband called Vio, he was told not only was the address incorrect, but we had to mail the notice 30 days prior to the contract ending or our contract would automatically renew for another year. We pulled the contract thinking how could this be possible? Who makes you sign a three year contract and then cancel it 30 days before it ends? What kind of nonsense is that? I was already annoyed at GHS/Vio because they increased our monitoring fee and changed our billing date without notifying us. When we pulled our contract the thing that stood out was how ridiculously small the print is. We literally had to use a magnifying glass to read the fine print on the first page of the contract. But, there it was, we had to cancel the contract 30 days before the contract ended. Also attached to our contract was a note that someone would go over the terms of the contract with us - NEVER happened. If we had been told to cancel the contract 30 days prior to 12.31.21, we would have done just that. Imagine signing a five-year contract to buy a car only to find out at the end of five years that the car isn't really yours yet - you have to pay another year! Vio needs to print their contracts so that they can be read without the use of a magnifying glass. And, how about this? A three-year contract is a three-year contract? Don't trick people into another 12-month contract because they didn't realize they have to read the really fine print. I am 63 years-old and have never heard of such a scam. Does anyone in management keep track of how many bad reviews they are getting on these websites? People are angry with this company and deservedly so. I can tell you this much - I have spread the word to my family members and friends and told them to stay away from Vio Security, GHS and Brinks. I hope whatever money they've been able to collect has been worth the bad press they've generated. Surely there is an attorney out there that would consider a class-action lawsuit against these people. These contracts are written where Vio benefits and the customer loses.

Lili D CA

If you’re looking to have reliable security and equipment, well they aren’t for you. I’ve have issues with transmitter, sensors marking low battery when they are new, power panel stop working, and the list goes on and on. They will suck you in on auto renew contract and if you want to cancel half way thru the year, the only way out is to pay the remaining 6 months that remain. Customer service is a joke, they never call you back, and their managers are unprofessional. I haven’t had a signal for over a month because the panel isn’t working (main panel that keeps home secure) and they want to charge $75 to send a tech to fix panel, even though the equipment keeps malfunctioning. Also won’t do anything to compensate the customer for the inconvenience of not having service. Don’t waste your time and money.

Ralph Tucker Leonard, TX

Customer service is nonexistent! I do not know how this company has a 4 star rating. I would never steer anyone towards this company. The automatic renewal if you do not cancel on time is fraud and a scam. You will be held to pay it or else. This is home security not a mortgage or a car payment that you are stuck with til the home or car is paid off VIO. If think your service is terrible and we want to cancel we should be able too! Customer service laughing at us on the phone while trying to cancel our service is unacceptable! Customer service remarks.......laughing at you, mocking you, being sarcastic, refused to get supervisor when asked, said they were unavailable, it is like talking to a 6th grader. I could go on and on but what would that accomplish.......

Jamarcus Houston, TX

Very satisfied! If anybody were to ask me a recommendation for security I would definitely send them this way. I like that I can use the app on my phone. If I am away from my house, I can use it. Everything went smoothly with the tech coming out to install it.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the stellar review Jamarcus! For every new customer you refer to us, we will give you $100.

National Phoenix, AZ

I’ve had ADT before and they were a little expensive and Vio is the best price. They always answer my questions. It is easy to use, my employees never have any issues with it. Every time the alarm goes off, they are always on point.

Reply from Vio Security

Vio takes pride in protecting your business and employees. Thank you for the positive review.

Reynaldo

Every time I call, they are there and answer my questions and help me with whatever situation I may have. I have had it for quite some years now and it works the way it is supposed to. I haven’t had any major issues with the alarm system.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate your business.

Denise

Customer service is not great when you call in but the service is good. I like that I can see who comes in because the command takes pictures and keeps track of time and I get a lot of stuff but customer service is always quick to hurry me and don’t take the time to be compassionate and help out their customers.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your review. We take them very seriously.

Lanier HoganSmith Brooksville, FL

SCAM! My mother has been with this for years. Her alarm would go of and no one would call to make sure was ok. She called in February to find out when her contract expired and was told May 2022. She was told to call back sometime in May to cancel. She called in May and was then told she had to mail in a letter to cancel. She immediately sent in the letter and called to confirm they received the letter a week later. At that point she was told that the letter was received too late and her account had been auto renewed for another year! At this point we are going to have to take legal action.

Luparr

I want you to know how much I appreciate Becky F’s excellent customer service. I called to cancel. Becky then provided me with excellent customer service that allowed me to continue with VIO Secuirty. Becky provided great communication skills, and she listened to my concerns. She was very apologetic and friendly. I appreciate her very much. Great customer service is hard to find these days. I rather pay more for great customer service then pay for a service that doesn’t appreciate their customers. Again Thank you Becky!

Joe Loma Linda, CA

It works great. They are so attentive. Also it is affordable for veterans so I am always trying to recommend it to veterans because of the veterans discount. It had a lot value.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you so much for your service, Joe!

Christina Port Arthur, TX

The guy installing it didn’t leave until the equipment was working. The camera is HD, it shows clear even at night. It is the best, everything has worked fine. I hope they doing what they are doing.

Reply from Vio Security

Hi Christina. Great technicians and great products is what we pride ourselves in. Thank you!

Anonymous Katy, TX

The response is prompt. Sometimes the alarm is accidentally triggered and we get a response right away to see if everything is okay. The system works properly. It's connected to the internet.

Reply from Vio Security

We take pride in protecting what matters most to you. Thank you for the positive review.

Rodney

It’s convenient and easy to do. Every time I call, they come and do something like change the batteries. I have had some problems with the garage door opener. The light does not come on half the time when I go into the garage.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your review.

Jul. 30th, 2020

We had a 10 year contract with them. The customer service had a great representative who would come and fix anything that needed to be fixed. One time the glass break alarm didn’t go off when a cat broke into our house and they did put in new glass and moved security to a different spot.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Sullie

The equipment is good. I have the cameras and the thing you out around your neck in case you fall. I haven’t had any problems, sometimes the camera’s batteries run out but I reset it and that’s okay.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review.

H

Improve customer service and everything will be fine. The equipment is as good as any. Security works most of the time but customer service is poor and too slow and it takes too long to get a hold of the person you need to solve your problem.

Reply from Vio Security

We recognized that our Customer Care team needed revamping. We have a new Manager and new team members. I am happy to tell you that I confidently feel like you will be able to see the improvement. Thank you for the review.

Mountain Costa Mesa, CA

Really like the salesman the worked with me. He was outstanding. I like that I have access to it on my phone and I can disarm or arm it and can look at the cameras. It is the latest technology and high definition.

Reply from Vio Security

Vio is always listening to our customers. Providing you with exactly what you want is our #1 goal. Thank you for the positive review.

Joycemarie Redd ,

Anthony...is the one I have been dealing with and he is one of the nicest person I have ever met..he's always smiling and he treats my grandchildren that some times can be brats lol like most children their age he treats them with smiles and knowledge they real like him because he treats them like small humans he never brushes them off or away I have much respect for him

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

Jan. 11th, 2021

Gary Fayetteville, NC

Just doing this to help the rep Art out. Our rep said the company is under new leadership and that they’ve completely revamped the company as a whole. I got installed early June and haven’t had a single problem. I had a faulty glassbreak sensor and Art has stayed in quick contact to get it resolved. Definitely give them a chance. Super friendly and super professional team out here in NC

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you, Gary, for taking the time to post your feedback in the form of this great review. We will share this information with Art and his installation team, and appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to serve & protect you and your family. Should you ever need assistance with your equipment or services, please contact us (always including your GHS account information for fastest response) at . Thank you for being a valued customer of ours! Here to serve, GHS Security

Aug. 6th, 2019

becky n anthony Rocklin, CA

worst tech and mobile tech support. Service call never got a person. Alarm kept notifying police for a week straight and vio kept making up excuses why a tech had not shown up. Ridiculous!!!! Vio is the worst.

Dianne Barcelona Destin, FL

Gave written 30 day notice to cancel after the 5 year original contract from GHS. REQUIRING 5 MORE payments and the alarm services have already been disconnected….stated they would reconnect for a $75 fee!! My 84 year old mother has moved to a retirement home and can not transfer the service. They do not offer to help solve the issue, only want more money to give her what she is already paying for. Clearly not a company that cares about their customers and honestly is taking advantage of an elderly woman. DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL

Morris Bass Las Vegas, NV

Stay Away !!! They charged $810 to install equipment. You have a 3 year contract and also pay monthly. I suspect the motion dectors are not working. They charge $75 to check. If equipment isn't working after 6 months you have to pay to replace equipment. How many times will you have to pay for the equipment over your 3 year contracted monthly charges. Alarm has been triggered but never have received a call. Do they really monitor your alarm system. This is a rip off. Go with Brinks or ADT. I was also told by the sales person that they would pay off my contract with Brinks if I switched. I ended up paying Brinks $340 and never got reimbursed. So it cost me $810 for equipment, $340 to pay off Brinks Contract, plus $35 month to monitor. PLUS...if the equipment fails after 6 months of your 3 year contract you have to pay for more equipment.

Nancy Thompson Huntington Beach, CA

Was scammed by the representatives of this company to change security company to Vio with a Buy Out promise to original security which they never adhere to now having to pay two security companies or have my credit ruined. Representative lied and scammed me , never gave or sent me a copy of so called contract that I supposedly signed and have never contacted me after several contacts to resolve this issue.ah

Reply from Vio Security

At Vio Security, we have several processes in place to ensure that the incident you describe in your review does not happen. It sounds like our process failed somewhere. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss your account with you and understand how we could have done better and how we can fix this. (855)447-4961

Anonymous Austin, TX

Repeated cancelled appointments. Also I got ticked from the local police department for false alarms. It did not function correctly until after a few tech appointments and now everything is running smoothly. They should have more trustworthy technicians.

Reply from Vio Security

I apologize for it taking some time to get your alarm system working properly. We would really like the opportunity to make things right. Please call in to our Customer Care Department to discuss your account. If we are at fault for any fees you have acquired, we will take care of them. (855)447-4961.

Nancy Henderson, NV

They seem to be very legitimate. The system is very good, state of the art. The app is very good and the camera is very good. The price is cheaper than ADT.

Reply from Vio Security

Vio takes pride in making sure that our customers are getting the latest and greatest technology in the industry. We also understand the importance of making sure that the price is right. We greatly appreciate your feedback, Nancy!

Stephen Fussell Las Vegas, NV

Our technician was wonderful knowledgeable & friendly. Looking forward to seeing him again on Saturday. We had a small issue late at night & reached out to Andre. He was amazing thank you Vio Security I believe we FINALLY found our Security

Reply from Vio Security

Stephen! thank you for the great feedback. We are happy to hear your experience has been great. We thank you for choosing Vio to help protect you and your loved ones.

Jun. 17th, 2021

Eddie Gray Memphis, TN

This company have great sales people and technicians. I have not had to speak with customer service support yet, but everything is great. I would most definitely recommend this company. When you have great people representing a company that means a lot. Way to go Vio Security😃

Reply from Vio Security

Eddie, thank you for your positive words, we really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review!

Apr. 9th, 2021

Michelle Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been a customer of Vio for five years now. I started with basic security because I wanted to feel safe. Then I slowly started adding smart home products, such as cameras and doorlocks. The convenience that this has added to my life is priceless. I am able to manage my household even while I am not there.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Jan. 11th, 2021

Kim Huntington Beach, CA

We initially had some trouble with our parents being tied between multiple contracts with different service providers, it was a nightmare! Alex and GHS was extremely knowledgable snd helpful! We appreciate this company making our family a priority!

Reply from Vio Security

The team here at GHS is thrilled to hear such good feedback! Thank you Kim!

May. 26th, 2020

G. Lukacs Myrtle Beach, SC

Lawarren Came to install my system. I highly recommend him to all future customers, family and friends. He took his time with me to help me understand everything I needed to know. He is the best technician I've ever experienced. I feel like I meet a friend. Thanks ghs for sending me your best technician. He needs employee of the year award.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your online feedback in the form of this great review for Lawarren and his team! I will be sure to spread the great news of his work with our staff and his teammates. We appreciate your time and your business. -GHS Security

Oct. 28th, 2019

Bill Looney Woodway, TX

SINCE OUR SYSTEM WAS UPGRADED WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL CALLS TO INSURE IT IS UP TO OUR EXPECTATIONS. UPGRADED EQUIPMENT INSTALLED AND TESTED, USE EXPLAINED BY INSTALLER AND AVAILABLE ON LINE. APP ON MY PHONE AND A REMOTE. MANY USER FRIENDLY OPTIONS. REDUCED OUR PAYMENTS FROM PREVIOUS COMPANY THAT HAD A 4 YEAR CONTRACT AND NEVER CONTACTED ME FOR ANYTHING EVEN WHEN THE CONTRACT ENDED.

Reply from Vio Security

Mr. Looney, we are so thankful that you have trusted us to protect what matters most to you. If you are interested in hearing about some new smart home promotions that we are offering, please call us at (855)447-4961.

May. 30th, 2020

Brandon True Memphis, TN

Elaine Dakessian Monterey, CA

I am giving this company a big fat zero. Dishonest crooks, same misery as all these other reviews. I have tried over and over to cancel. I called in plenty of time and no one told me I had to send a letter. Horrible attitude, I almost lost my mind talking to these jerks. I moved and haven't used this service in two year, still paying and now have been automatically renewed for another year. THIS CAN'T BE LEGAL!!

Victor Alejandro Perris, CA

After 3 years you will auto renew for another year of service ,they will not let you cancel. You need to write a letter with details the company ask for to cancel. Advise here certify the letter track it because they will say they haven't received it. Equipment you need served, you pay for it thats what you signed. Some rare few times my fam forgot about the alarm on ,we had false alarm go off but this careless company did not care to check on the family safety. Thanks vio for making 4 years stressful dealing with you.

Reply from Vio Security

Mr. Alejandro, it was a pleasure speaking with you and I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to address your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you have experienced during your tenure with Vio.

Jan. 5th, 2022

James Dennis McDonough, GA

Scam company......they sell you a promise to be there for you and your family And to no avail nothing. Hold times are ridiculous.....30 minutes plus to speak with an agent. Equipment Barely works. I've never felt so bamboozled in life. To think your making a good decision for your family then boom your absolutely wrong. Never again will I ever trust this company or any other for that matter!!!!!

Reply from Vio Security

Mr. Dennis, We are sorry to hear that you are less than satisfied with your service. Our records show that a member of our management team spoke with you on December 1, 2021, to address your concerns. At that time, he offered to have a representative from our technical support team contact you regarding your equipment, which you declined. However, we did perform a system review that showed the equipment is working properly and is being used daily. We apologize for the delay you experienced while attempting to contact us. Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing longer than normal hold times. Please feel free to contact us, at the number provided in our recent voice message, if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Dec. 8th, 2021

Carol Johnson Florence, AZ

The folks working there are great, but for elderly people it's extremely difficult to get the cameras and phone and control panel to work consistently.... Not user friendly at all, the tech. support was impossible to use. Needed to be willing to "chat" to figure out how to use the thing.

Reply from Vio Security

Hi Carol, It may be a good idea to schedule a service appointment with a Vio technician to thoroughly explain how to use the system. We are happy to give you some hands on training. We can also provide you with some videos. Please give us a call if you are interested in these options. We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheryl California City, CA

Don’t change a thing. You guys are great. Always there whenever anything happens and answer a lot of questions.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for the great feedback. We are working hard to create a great customer experience for our customers.

Michele Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Customer support is responsive and the equipment had been very reliable. It is the most comprehensive.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you, Michele. We appreciate the feedback. If you are interested in hearing about the new technology we offer, give us a call. (855)447-4961.

Fabio Lehigh Acres, FL

I like the fact that if I lose power, the system continues to work. It is easy to learn and use. It works well.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Fabio.

Anonymous Riverside, CA

It’s easy to manage and look ar. I like that I could set up on my phone and the contact over the speaker.

Reply from Vio Security

Sounds like you are really utilizing some of the smart home technology that we offer. Thank you for the 5 star review.

L Shaw Pittsburg, CA

When this company was GHS I would have given it a 5 star rating. I have been with this company for years. I was told I would have to upgrade to 5G my system would not work when in a few months it went to 5G. I would have to pay for the upgrade. I told the numerous people that call for this company the same thing - I shouldn't have to pay for the upgrade. Finally after the 8th call i was getting annoyed and said get me a supervisor. The after the 5th after that I got a supervisor and agreed to split the install, I signed another 3 year contract, they agreed not to raise my rates. I was told that a third party install company would call to set the install up. This was 3 weeks ago and have not heard from any install company. Bad business period. Who is training these people. Half of them can't make a complete, literate sentence. They are just reading off of a script. I know am having trouble getting thru to let them know that I have not had a installer call me.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. You are a valued customer, and we look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved as expeditiously as possible. Our records confirm that your equipment is to be updated and that a service request was submitted on October 4, 2021, to have a technician set an appointment with you. We apologize for the delay and for any frustration or inconvenience that this has caused.

Oct. 25th, 2021

Taylor Memphis, TN

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS DECENT OR GOOD ABOUT THIS COMPANY- STAY AWAY- The salesperson and technician have QUIT. The Installation tech FALSIFIED installation records. Luckily I know the Salesperson and I'm having him verify what actually happened. NOTHING works. I had Conway heating and cooling come to my home to very the smart thermostat is inoperable. The glass break sensors fell off the wall on day 2. the doorbell NEVER WOrkED. VIO sent a new tech today that was aggressive and rude when I asked if he was vaccinated? Well, my mom is taking CHEMO and I need to KNOW??? I WANT TO CANCEL THIS DEBACLE ASAP!!! I've filed a complaint with the BBB and Federal Trade Commission. I'm LIVID.

Reply from Vio Security

Ms. Taylor, We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We offer our sincere apologies for your recent experience with Vio. As expressed during our conversations with you on September 30, 2021, we are currently investigating your concerns regarding information provided to you by the sales representative , your equipment issues, and your interaction with the technician regarding his vaccination status. In addition, you agreed to allow Vio the opportunity to resolve your concerns and we look forward to doing so. Susan Mansfield, Dispute Resolution Specialist

Oct. 4th, 2021

Nick Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Service technician, Raymond, was thorough, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. He rates an A+ for his assistance with our security needs. Done April 6, 2021. Thank you, Raymond.

Reply from Vio Security

Nick, thank you so much for the review! Thank you for mentioning the great service provided to you by our tech Raymond.

Apr. 7th, 2021

Char Kinchen-Monroe Los Banos, CA

I always get the same repair guy, which makes my service very simple & efficient. I have not had any issues with my service or equipment, except for a battery change here and there....

Reply from Vio Security

Char, thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review. We try to keep our techs in the same areas so our customers can count on a friendly face if they ever need service. Happy to hear our efforts are paying off.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Liz M. Addison, TX

My new GHS Security system is great, the staff are all incredibly friendly and professional as well as knowledgeable. They really know how to put the customer first. I am a 100% happy and satisfied customer of GHS, and will recommend their security and home automation systems to all my friends and family!

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you so much Liz. We will continue to strive to provide you with a great customer experience!

Jun. 5th, 2020

Anonymous Spring, TX

Security is good. I have no issues with it. A suggestion I have is they should have business security.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your feedback. Vio Security does protect businesses. We would love the opportunity to protect your business. Please give us a call for an estimate (855)447-4961

Kerry Oceanside, CA

They’re very reliable. Any problems I have encountered have been taken care of right away.

Reply from Vio Security

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patronage.

Anonymous San Antonio, TX

I like it. I am very happy with it. I like that I can see my cameras and change it anywhere.

Reply from Vio Security

We are delighted that you are happy with your cameras.

Dianne Lloyd Texarkana, AR

I gave you a one because it would not let me move forward with this review. Worst service ever. Can't get anyone from their head quarters or in leadership to call me. ""SAD"" I have been working on a problem with my system for the last month. I have called several times only to be promised someone will call me. crickets. You ask to speak to a supervisor and the team member tells you they are conveniently at lunch and apparently there is no CEO address to write to or a corporate office. All giving me a run around. Meanwhile my security system does not work properly. my contract is up in for a month. You all called got me on another sorry contract and now I am experience this same old mess as everyone else. If I could run from you all, I would. This company is horrible, I would never recommend you anyone ever again!!! PEOPLE, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM VIO OR WHOEVER THEY ARE. OMG!!! No leadership structure, poor values and integrity as a company. You all the nerve to make this following statement to your customers, unbelievable!!!!!!!! ********we sincerely apologize for this experience. We are going through several changes, implementing new and better polices and procedures. Your feedback on this recent change in processes is being considered and we will be looking into the changes to implement. Our management team has stepped in and is working on expediting your DIY kit for the upgrade. Again we sincerely apologize.****** WOW Royce and Dianne Lloyd

Reply from Vio Security

Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd, I am very sorry to read about your recent dissatisfaction with Vio Security. I see that you started as a customer of GHS Interactive Security in April, 2018, and singed a renewal agreement with Vio in April, 2021. Please allow me to explain that GHS recently underwent a complete reorganization and rebranding as Vio Security. Although a complete restructuring of any organization comes with numerous challenges, even without the complicating factors of an international pandemic and domestic labor shortage, we are making every attempt to identify areas of weakness, increase staffing, alter ineffective processes, and improve customer satisfaction. Believe or not, we do see and hear the comments and complaints of our current customers. We do take your feedback seriously, and we are trying increase our effectiveness across the board. We have brought in strong, insightful leaders; our values and integrity are as genuine as our intent to resolve customer concerns and retain our customer base. We sense your frustration and apologize for any recent oversights that may have negatively impacted you. During a review of your account, I see that one of our skilled technicians called and emailed you on August 9, 2021, the same day that you posted this comment, in an attempt to schedule a service call in your home. Thus far, we have not heard back form you. I will submit another ticket today to have them call you once again. I do hope that you will give us an additional opportunity to address whatever system problem you are currently facing. We appreciate your patience while we work to become the very best in class. Thank you, Shannon Nameth Compliance & Licensing Specialist

Aug. 19th, 2021

Joe E. Ashburn, VA

***Most, if not all, of the 5 Star reviews for this company must be fake, because every other customer review website which I have seen gives Vio Security overwhelmingly bad ratings*** I am giving Vio Security a bad rating, as I have had nothing but problems with this company's customer service, accounting, and billing practices. I have been a customer of GHS/Vio Security since September 2018. I used to have my $45 monthly alarm monitoring fee deducted directly from my checking account until they arbitrarily raised my monthly fee without prior notice earlier this year. When I signed my 3 year contract, it was explained to me that the $45 monthly fee which I would be paying would not be raised during the life of my contract, which is scheduled to expire in September 2021. Since I am holding Vio to the terms of the contract, I refuse to pay their fee increase. To ensure that they no longer charged me the higher monthly fee, I called up my bank and revoked Vio Security's authority to deduct my monthly account fees from my checking account. I obtained Vio Security's mailing address in Woodland Hills, California and on May 13th, I mailed them a check in the amount of $180.00, which represents payment of my monthly alarm monitoring fees through the end of the contract. When my check had not been cashed after a reasonable amount of time, I contacted Vio Security on June 9th via Facebook Messenger and asked them if the company had received my check, and if they did, why hadn't they cashed it. A couple of hours later, a Vio Customer Service Representative responded that the company had received my check, but the reason why they hadn't cashed it was because they were short-staffed due to COVID-19. I replied back that I understood the reason for the delays, but I wanted them to deposit my check as quickly as possible. The CSR responded that the accounting office did not deposit checks into the company's bank account until the end of the week. In response, I replied, "fine, just make sure that someone deposits my check as soon as possible". Well today is July 8th, 8 weeks since I mailed a check to Vio Security, and 4 weeks since my Facebook Messenger discussion with that Vio Security CSR, and my check STILL has not been cashed! I don't know what's going on over at Vio Security, but how do they expect to stay in business if they won't or can't deposit their customer's checks into their bank? I've never had to practically beg a company to cash a check that I sent them! Needless to say, I intend on severing my relationship with Vio Security when my contract expires in two months. I hope that they don't plan on playing any games with me, like saying that I never paid for my last four months of service, or that I never notified them that I wish to terminate my contract. I have copies of all of my contact with Vio Security, in the form of a transcript of my Facebook Messenger text conversation with that Vio Security CSR. If they do decide to play games and try to screw me over, I will have no problem filing a complaint against the company with the Arizona Attorney General's Office!

Reply from Vio Security

Joe, thank you for providing feedback on our cancelation and early payoff procedures. I apologize if your experience with Vio Security has caused you any frustration or confusion. Unfortunately, without your last name or account information, I cannot verify the details of your account. Please be sure that you send in a cancellation letter to the Cancellation Department, Vio Security, 3100 Premier Dr., Ste. 206, Irving, TX 75063, and include your name, date, address, signature and reason for cancelation, and be sure that it is post marked 31 days before the end of your contract term. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service at 833-846-8439. Thank you very much. Shannon Nameth, Compliance & Licensing Specialist

Aug. 19th, 2021