Fluent Home

7.3

LAST UPDATED: December 2nd, 2022

Fluent Home is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Home builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Home makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent Home offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent Home prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent Home does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire. Fluent Home costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Home is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent Home also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent Home offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Home security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app. Fluent Home's monthly monitoring service rates start at $29.99.

Fluent Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty

Unique to Fluent Home, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved. In addition, Fluent Home security warranties all its equipment for the lifetime of the customer.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Three-Year Contract
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Home doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Home's prices to other home security providers.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Home requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Home's long-term contract.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Home does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Home. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Home does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Home is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

The Bottom Line

Fluent Home advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. Fluent Home provides a lifetime warranty for its equipment. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with. Read Fluent Home reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

Call our recommended rep over at Fluent Home below.

Message from
Fluent Home

At Fluent Home, we believe your home security is everything. Home is the sensation of peace on a cozy, rainy Sunday, the feeling of relief when you pull into the driveway after a long trip. Your home should feel safe and be enjoyed, and that’s why we work everyday to make it more secure, comfortable, and convenient for our more than hundreds of thousands of customers throughout Canada and North America.

While we began just a little over a decade ago as a provider of home alarm systems, today Fluent is a growing leader in the smart home security and automation industry. We’re dedicated to redefining the home experience with the latest intelligent products and services.

Behind the scenes at Fluent, you’ll find a large, diverse team. Our more than 2,000 employees are dedicated to helping families live safely and intelligently, and our growing customer service and support team wants to answer all of your questions and concerns.

At Fluent, we truly believe that everyone deserves that safe comfortable place that they can call home, so we are happy to help provide that one household at a time.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.3

Carol Epp Edmonton, AB

Wish I would have read the reviews before I ever got mixed up with Fluent Security - they extended a contract with an expiry after 60 months - but now they are saying they need to add on a prior contract so guess what I am paying for an additional year. NEVER NEVER NEVER use this company for anything. They are crocks etc. They do not even protect in case of alarm, I had a break in and they didn't even call the police. GREAT JOB FLUENT

Randy

I cancelled my account in September as I had moved. The new owner took over the equipment but Fluent didn't update the payment information and kept withdrawing the money from my bank account for 2 more months. When I called them, they wouldn't reimburse it and indicated I would need to get it back from the new owner. They said they couldn't back bill them for the two months and reimburse it to me. Even though they had his phone number, they wouldn't call him to get the proper billing address and indicated I had to call him and have him call them to update the billing address. They also indicated when I cancelled that if I gave them the contact information for the new owners, as an incentive they would bill them $20/ month less than I was paying. It was obvious on the two invoices I received subsequent to that, that it was the same rate. In 6 years I never had a problem with the security system, but this experience has now left me feeling I will never deal with these bandits again.

Craig T Bellevue, WA

I think Fluent is a scam. I purchased a home, with the security system installed and gifted to us for a year by the prior owner. I never activated the system or intended to use their system because there are too many systems in the market that are cheaper and easier to use. Prior to the year being up, I was contacted to add my information to the contract so that they could update their records. I confirmed with the rep that I did not intend to use their system and at no point was I going to activate it. They managed to say I "signed" a contract and am now responsible for paying for a product I've never used. I urge anyone to stay far, far away from Fluent, they are not a reputable company and they have questionable business practices.

Sheryl Seevers Blue Springs, MO

My contract was almost done so in March I called and explained we were not using it anymore. I was told that I had to keep paying until the contract was up in Dec. The person said I should call back in Nov or in Dec it would automatically renew. I made sure that as long as I called back in Nov I could cancel. On Nov 11 I called and was told that the contract ends Dec 8 and I had to call back 30 days prior so it had already renewed and I needed to pay for another 36 months . I was not told that so I would not pay it. They will turn it over to a collection agency and ruin my credit. Do not use this company. They are crooks!!!!

James Morrison Burlington, ON

I have been with fluid for 10 years. I never once set the alarm. Pretty much used it for the fire aspect of it. Anyways I called to cancel my services in October and was treated so poorly by a retention rep who says his name is pedro. He hung up on me and now I am still waiting for over 3 weeks now to see if I qualify to cancel my service. They are a complete joke. Hands down worst customer service experience ever.

JCWales Denver, CO

This is a very frustrating company to work with. Oftentimes when there were Issues they wanted to charge us for a Tech to come out. The biggest issue was when a Tech reset my system and didn't connect me to the Internet, therefore for 6 months I was paying for service that was not alerting the police or fluent. I have multiple occasions with multiple pull witnesses to this sort of issue. They offered to transfer the account into my name, as my father passed away, but their idea of transfer was setting me up with a whole new account and me repurchasing equipment. In the state of Colorado a contract cannot be canceled due to death if it is In good standing which it was until June when I stopped paying upon finding out my service wasn't working. A complaint was filed with the BBB, and yet they still never answered my questions. Just a big run around.

Spencer Johnson Sparks, NV

Constantly had false alarms. Customer support was horrible. Took us months to cancel the contract. Their team never came to remove the device but told us not to tamper with it lest we incur a damaged equipment fee. Low battery alarms and non function alarms began to go off every 5 minutes day and night. Tried to get customer support. Literally was on hold for 70 minutes on two separate occasions before I just ripped the unit out of the wall. Horrible company and I never felt any safer with the system in place.

Robert Le Louisville, KY

I had exactly the same problems with too many reviewers had from here about this company. I had 4 years contract with them and was up November 20, 2021. Before that (around August 2021) I called in asking them to terminate the contract when 4 years is over, their response was “I need to call in 3 weeks prior contract up”. which I did, not ones but I spoke to them 3 times and I had disconnected their system way before contract was up and switched to SimpliSafe security company. My 4 years contract with them was full filled paid off and until now they still sending me a bills. This is totally unacceptable. Keep on doing this because I owe you NOTHING, and if I can give zero or negative stars on this review, I definitely will. Staying away from this company, I’m not only regrets of 4 years with them but I regretted that I sent many friends and family members to them.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi, Robert. At Fluent Home, we aim to provide positive experiences at all times. Is there anything we could do to make it better? Please call us at (855) 238-4826!

Oct. 11th, 2022

Michael Shaheen Mars, PA

I have never experienced anything so difficult as trying to cancel my account with Fluent. I was already disappointed in so much about the company. The ordeal of cancelling put me over the edge. It took 2 months of messages and, honestly, i have no idea if they ever actually cancelled my account. But im done paying them and I fulfilled my contract. Note when I tried to cancel, they told me i was not eligible to cancel - they didnt say that i wasnt eligible YET or even the truth which is i can cancel anytime for a fee. I sent them the payment and used their template for the "official" cancellation request. Even though they cashed the check, I was told they cant cancel it yet because they dont see it as cleared in THEIR system. They have a thing for passing the buck with "the [other] department handles that. You know what? I don't care who handles what in your company. I'm not calling a person, I'm calling a company. If you know who handles something, transfer me to them or talk to them ANYTHING other than "sorry we don't handle that" No one should buy these security systems period. If you want security, get some cameras from amazon. it truly does more because the alerts come to you and you dont have to wait until (and wonder if) the company will respond.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Michael . We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. We will be reaching out to you to resolve these issues.

shelly adams Phoenix, AZ

I was told repeatedly that fluent would buy out my old alarm company if I would switch to them so I did and now fluent will not and has not bought my old company out so now I am stuck paying two different companies for the same service I am super pissed I would not recommend this company at all!!!!!😡

Greg Wheeler Strathmore, AB

Dealing with Fluent has been the worst experience I have ever had with any company. For the past two years we have been paying for a monthly monitoring contract even though our fully paid for system (camera, panel, detectors et al) was not hooked up during this entire time (due to a move which I tried to settle with them back at the time). This is how hard it is to get out of a monitoring contract with them. As we neared our final two locked in payments, I called and was told that the contract would finally end after they were made. Then I found out a month later that there would be one extra payment because they require a month’s written notice - which I gave them. They emailed back a week later to tell me that they received my notice and that there would be no more payments as long as the account was in good standing - which it definitely was. I thought all was said and done but then the next month I received notice that another monitoring payment would be taken out of our account. So that would mean to get out of a 3 year contract you have to make at least 2 extra monthly payments because they won’t immediately accept your letter of termination. I ended up putting a stop payment on the monthly fee but now fear that the story won’t end here and that I will be dealing with them over and over again just to ensure that the account is finally closed, no payments are posted, no overdue interest charged, and most importantly, no damage done to my credit rating.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Greg, please give us a call at 855-238-4826 so we can make this right.

Dan Bourdages Calgary, AB

It worked fine when in place, however when contract is up, they make it very hard to cancel and DO NOT put a stop payment as it will effect credit rating (The Customer service agent told us, even after contract completion) Cancelling with this company is the hardest thing you will do. Their requirements are ridiculous in this day and age of Technology. Also do not recommend their customer support during cancelling services as they are rude and actually laughed at my wife for wanting to cancel. I highly do not recommend this company and will inform my friends and coworkers of the poor service.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Dan, please give us a call at 855-238-4826 so we may discuss this further.

Hirise57 Silverton, OR

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!
 Stay as far away from this company as possible. Canceled service but kept charging for the service. Talked to their representatives many times and paid final bill three times but they still kept billing. A bad case of elderly abuse. My father sold his house in which they were notified but they kept billing.
He died in February in which they were notified and now it’s July and they keep on billing. We are beyond losing our patience with Fluent and their unscrupulous attempts to take advantage of the elderly.
Stay far away from this company.
Fluent is a scam Just received another bill on 11/12/22. Every time I get a bill, I send out more bad reviews. “He’s Dead.” Stop billing him.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Hirise57. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account. Please give us a call at 855.238.4826. We would love to help find a resolution.

Aug. 5th, 2022

Mandy Hatch 780-898-5377

I have been with Fluent for 7 years I have 3 left. I have never had my equipment upgraded ever in the 7 years that I have been with this company. I know other people who pay way less then 55 dollars a month. And their equipment is way nicer and newer then mine. When my contract is up I am done I will be canceling it. My parents pay 30 and have video cameras. I was also not aware that when one of your Fluent sales people came to my house asked if I wanted a discount. Anyone would be Interested in a discount. Well, a while goes by and then I find out that I am in a 5 year lease. I know I signed for it but I wasn't under any impression it wasn't for 5 yrs.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mandy, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Josh Terry Lafayette, OR

When I was called about extending our service I said we wouldn't be and would like to cancel. They continued our service and added more time to our contract. When I called to discuss as to why I was told that they had me on the hook and couldn't do anything about it. Completely unprofessional in the way I was spoke to. You don't treat people this way. We were customers for 5 years it was nothing but we couldn't afford to continue paying for service. To basically deny us to leave and tell us "gotcha" nothing you can do about it shows what kind of people are behind this company. If we could afford it we will never come back. Anyone of our friends looking for a security system, we would never recommend fluent. I'm not sure how this is considered good business practice. Way to squeeze a few more dollars out of a family that is trying to save money. Not sure how people who run the company can look at themselves in the mirror.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking time to share your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration in such a situation. Unfortunately the agreement signed between Fluent Home and the customer is something that is intended to protect both the customer and the company. We can certainly understand that an inflexible agreement can be difficult, however this is something that we are bound to uphold. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Melissa Lawrence

It was good for the first year or so, then in 2017 I had one of the salesmen come to my door and offer new equipment. To which I said no. So he offered to lower my monthly rate instead since I'd be using outdated equipment. That I happily agreed to. Come 2019 when my contract was up I went to cancel my services. To which I was very rudely told when I agreed to that rate change 2 years ago that automatically added 60 months to my contract. I said if the salesman would have told me that in 2017 I never would have agreed to the rate change. And I was told too bad so sad we have your signature you can't get out of the contract. Sucks to be you thanks for your business until 2023.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Melissa, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Sep. 30th, 2021

Richard Golany

Have been a customer for several years, and things went pretty well up until I called in and asked Fluent to shut down my system and i was moving. After speaking with the member, he agreed to shut down my system and finalize our agreement since i had been such a good customer for many years. Due to the Covid nonsense it destroyed my business and I had to move on to other things. however, Fluent did NOT shut down my system even though I was 1000 km away from it ! Fluent continues to bill me for a service that clearly I am not using. bottom line is they do not care about their customers, they only care about the $$$. too bad, like most companies that start out working hard to provide great service grow so large, they no longer need to focus on you the customer, they now focus only on the the $$$ at all cost, they will hold you down even if your bleeding.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Richard, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Customer service is important to us. What can i do to turn this into a positive experience for you? Would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Harry Pecker West Linn, OR

Hidden one year renewal in the initial contract, that will automatically renew every year., even though they tell you are on month to month. They will charge you to upgrade their equipment with another contract or money. Run from this company if you are a customer.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi, Harry. At Fluent Home, we aim to provide positive experiences at all times. Is there anything we could do to make it better? Please call us at (855) 238-4826!

yolanda lucero Albuquerque, NM

Trying to cancel with them is ridiculous!! After calling several times, sending an email, trying to respond through their on line text service, finally getting a hold of a supervisor, just to tell us we needed to send a hand written letter, before they cancelled it. We were also billed for two more months!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Yolanda, please give us a call at 855-238-4826 so we may discuss this further with you.

Angie Foster Steinbach, MB

Sales rep and installation were good. My contract expired and after jumping through all Fluent’s hoops to cancel said contract, they still continue to debit my account. I have sent numerous emails, which were ignored. I don’t have the time to sit on hold for hours, till someone finally feels like answering. Do not recommend this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Angie, please give our Resolutions Team a call directly at 855-828-5760 so we may assist you with your request.

James Sherwood Park, AB

Horrible customer service would be kind. Spoke with an agent who constantly talked over us, argued assumptions, belittling comments (saying anyone knows anything about a contract)… The equipment is ancient. Deception with contract renewal, such as not putting statements in the contract such as a contract renewal date actually means an extension on the original date of the contract. There is more…

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello James. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would love the opportunity to regain your trust. If you can give us a call at 855-238-4826, we would be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Travis T Denver, CO

Do not do business with this company! I have been trying to cancel my account with them for two years and they are still billing me and sending me to collections. I cancelled my service over the phone. They told me it was cancelled and kept billing me. I called back and they told me I needed to send a fax to cancel my service. I sent that in June of 2021. Just got an email telling me I owe them $200 because my account is still active. This is the most unethical company I HAVE EVER DEALT with hands down. Don't deal with them unless you want to pay them $50 a month for the rest of your life. Getting my attorney involved at this point so this company just keeps on costing me $$$.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Travis. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would love the opportunity to regain your trust. If you can give us a call at 855-238-4826, we would be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you!

May. 18th, 2022

The Amazing Six Kailua, HI

I had Fluent successfully for 4 years at my new build, but when I tried to cancel my service, I had absolutely no luck doing so. I am in my ninth month of continuing to see charges for a home I sold. I am still getting email notification alerts when the new homeowners are coming in and out of their house after hours. I spoke to one person who cursed me out, and multiple people who said they would submit the cancellation. I've sent multiple emails with no answer. After nine months, I was told I needed to send a cancellation in writing to resolve, and that no refund could be given. This is the most dismal customer service experience of my life. Do not use this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello The Amazing Six, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

May. 6th, 2022

Mike Michaels Stockbridge, GA

I felt taken advantage of. The salesman did NOT tell me the length of the contract which was 5 YEARS!!! during his presentation. Just a lot of quick talk and when it came to sign I agreed but still not realizing the length of the contract and yes my fault. But upon later realizing this I was outside the 3day cancellation time period which that is not enough time to know how well something like a security system will be...red flag...but my house was broken into prior and I clearly needed one...but not to be locked in 5yrs. If I had know what the length was I would have DEFINITELY objected. But the fast talk and urgency to get me to sign up got me. So needless to say in order for me to cancel I would have to pay for 80% of the full term of the contract. Now that is just ridiculous!!! Who would agree to pay for a service that you will no longer have. Clearly this was written in a way so that they get paid either way and the customer is stuck with a service that they don't want. The equipment does not work well constant connection issues...delays in notifications. And I have fiber internet so my speeds are fast. When they installed the doorbell chime inside my home no longer works. And I have told them about it and one said it couldn't be done and another said they would have a tech call...nothing. I don't like their service and I desperately want out but I can't get out cause I don't believe in throwing money in the trash. They are what I call a corporate mobster...as once your in your in and there isn't any getting out and if you do your gonna pay...so here I am paying for service I DO NOT WANT...SO PLEASE STAY AWAY!!! I feel if a company believes in the quality of their service they would offer outs because if they were good then people would want to get out...but since that is not the case they lock you in after 3 days and your stuck whether the service is good or not. I very disappointed with this company and have made it my mission to tell as many people as possible to STAY AWAY!!! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE. IM STILL SERVING A 5 YEARS SENTENCE WAITING FOR IT TO BE ALL OVER...

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mike, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

May. 4th, 2022

Darrell Halliday Saskatoon, SK

All I can say is run! They will offer you the world in the beginning, but that won't last.After a year, we qualified for a system upgrade, that's when the trouble started.Our supposed new "upgrade"panel turned out to be used, as evidenced by the previous client's name and address on the screen. The cameras that we were conned into buying only worked for about 2 months, and now you can't set time or date on cameras, and they reset back to 01/01/2011 by default every 24 hrs.We've had endless visits from tecs trying to fix the problem, but with no success. The door monitors keep losing signal to sensor every day,and constantly need resetting.The Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt sounds like gears piling up in a worn out transmission, and won't work most of time when it gets below freezing outside.And the battery in the control panel bulged (fire hazard) and I had to pay the shipping costs for the new battery.To their credit, I can't complain about the customer and tech support. Only issue was the length of time waiting for someone to answer phone.Bottom line, I wouldn't keep the system even if it was free!!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Darrell, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. We would love the opportunity to regain your trust please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Apr. 30th, 2022

Ms. Lovy Atlanta, GA

I became a fluent customer in 2018. The home Secuirty service was sold to me by a young lady who promised a lot of great perks with the service which were all a lie. I was told that about every two years I would be eligible for free camera upgrades which was a lie. Since having the service they have proved to be faulty and in breech of contract for providing devices that do not work for their intended purpose. Please whatever you do steer Clear of this company for Home security. Since having the service the cameras both doorbell And in the home do not function properly. I’ve had a tech come Out to my home on at least 3 occasions. I’ve been promised bill Credits for the issues with my devices only to discover the reps(Yurehli and Parker) either did not document the account properly And or failed to provide appropriate updates to the account regarding scheduled techs and bill credits. There have been times when my alarmed was triggered and no one came over the monitor to Confirm everything was ok Or came on as late as 5 minutes later. This company is truly a scam. Making customer bound to a contract to pay for faulty equipment is quite unethical.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ms. Lovy, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust please call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to discuss your account with you. Also, we would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience for you!

Apr. 27th, 2022

Susan Carmichael, CA

Alarm keeps setting off false alarms for almost two years and they will not take the system out of my mother's house and cancel the contract. Yesterday I got a call from the police dept. and they said they got a panic call and then I got a call from the police saying my mother is missing and they can't locate her. It was another false alarm, thank god. I talked with the retention department and was told that they will not cancel the contract and would not let me talk to a supervisor or give me the name and phone number of the owner of the company. My mother (86 years old) now is afraid to stay in her home because of the false alarms. I agreed to schedule another technician to come out and told Fluent that after this if there is another false alarm that I will be requesting they terminate the contract. I was told that they WILL NOT cancel the contract so my mother will live in fear in her own house for 2 more years. I believe this might constitute elder abuse and will be checking into that as well.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Susan, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust. While the technician is at your mother's house ask him to go over the equipment and verify everything is working properly and in good working order. If you ever need assistance with troubleshooting any issues with the security system please call us at 855.238.4826 so we can resolve it quickly.

Apr. 15th, 2022

Tess Sorensen Portland, OR

I have been trying to cancel my account with Fluent since November 2021. I have been told I cannot speak with the team that completes cancellation when I call customer service and that they will call me back. Fluent has never called back. I assumed it was cancelled in January 2022 because I received no bills. Now, April 2022, I receive a past due notice and when I call to get it figured out the customer service representatives I was given no information, yelled at, and told that Fluent is not responsible for not calling back even though they can see they were supposed to and that it is the customers responsibility to keep calling until Fluent eventually gets around to calling back. This is quite possibly the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I cannot encourage people enough to NOT use this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Tess, We are sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Apr. 11th, 2022

Rachel Burke St-Pierre-Jolys, MB

Our experience with Fluent has been awful to say the least. All throughout covid they did not show even the slightest sympathies to customers like us under financial distress, and even before covid we had so many issues starting from day 1 of our fluent experience and called several times to complain and no one gave us any solutions. Now to add to our frustration we were promised a $2 reduction (which is just a joke) to our monthly payment...but even that didn't comr through so I had to call yet again...Fluently has the worst customer service we have ever experienced. However, the ONE good thing I can say, is the wonderful woman I spoke to today, Britt W, offered a very polite and very happy tone and response to my complaint. She was kind and willing to help. She is definitely the best person we have dealt with thus far. PS ... It is cruel to keep people in a contract when they are THIS unhappy with the service. Just goes to show how greedy companies can be, with no respect or consideration for their customers. THANKYOU only goes out to Britt W who has exceptional phone manners and customer service is a 5 out of 5 for her.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Rachel, I am a sorry you had a bad experience. We will let Britt know they were mentioned in this review. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We would love to the opportunity to turn this experience into a positive experience for you like you had with our Agent Britt!! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Apr. 3rd, 2022

Robert Hunting

If you ask us, this is a horrible company, and half-a-star grade is being generous. Our alam repeated went off, or threatened to go off without cause. Understandably, the high shrill upset our neighbors. Fluent service was sloppy, bordered on inattentiveness, and the call center even tried to shift blame onto u; insisted we pay for a Fluent inspection. If that wasn't enough, they had us purchase unnecessary parts. We moved from the condo and asked Fluent to release us from the contract, or at least give us a decent buyout because of our troubles. They refused the former (hinted at suing us) and offered a piddling financial response to the latter. I wrote the head office (API) and pleaded our case, but of course never heard back.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Robert, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to change this into a positive experience for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Mar. 18th, 2022

Bruce Peacock

Never had to use any of their services. Their App worked intermittently. 3 hours after alarm went off due to power failure received a phone message that was not understandable. They do know how to collect money. Emailed and called to cancel account. Was told account was closed but still withdrawing money from my account. Phoned and was told they needed a written request to close account. Then another cash withdrawal. After two and a half months finally put stop payment on account then received paper work that account was closed previous month.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Bruce, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Gwen Salyer Marion, OH

Talked to them about not renewing my contract. Never once mentioned if I didn't notify them 30 days in advance that my contract renewed for a YEAR!! They could send customers a notice in an email so you would know. They don't want to remind you, because they only care about the money, not the customers. Now some contracts renew for 3 yrs and some for 5 yrs! I think there a low life company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Gwen, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to correct this for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Justin Dayton, OH

The company lied repeatedly. We were told we were on a set contract length, and when we tried to cancel it, we were lied to that it was cancelled. Then it was renewed and we had to pay for it for another year or pay the years cost in early termination. The app never did half of what the company promised it would. When the sensors started to go bad, the company wouldn't come out to replace batteries or replace sensors that had broken.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Justin, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Theresa

Customer experience is horrible. To upgrade you have to resign long contracts. But tech changes too fast for 5 years to be logged in. Calling asking for some help to reduce my contact there was zero wiggle room, nothing. I asked to speak to his boss and he insisted he is has high as I could get. Total BS. So now I am stuck with a bill for a system I hate and don't use. I have taken everything out and put my own system in. Unless you really have a need for system monitoring, just set up your own. TSC does 12 pmts for things. See BBB reviews too. Horrible and condescending responses.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Theresa, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can I correct this for you? Please call 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!!!!

Arthur Mitchell

Have bunch sensors off, not sure why, changed all batteries, still nothing . Can't alarm cause glass break sensor front door sensor and back window? Also o2 sensor bang it and no alarm goes off. Do they do nothing when they must see its never alarmed? I pay for nothing I guess. Then to pay a tech to come out is plain dumb I pay enough already for nothing.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Arthur, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you! We would love to hear from you and troubleshoot the technical issues you are experiencing! Pleas call us at 855.238.4826.

Jack Holden Valier, MT

They make it almost impossible to get out of the contract with them. I've been a customer for 8 years and they tried to tell me they had a recording of me renewing. I told them to prove it and then was told oh yeah we can't find it. Then since I hadn't cancelled 30 days before auto renewal they wanted me to pay the full year. Do not do business with this company!!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jack. I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to discuss you account with you! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Lorne Walters

Cause there wasn't a 0! I was talked into changing from ADT to Fluent for better service--what a mistake. I pay almost $50 for an outdated system. A few years ago, Fluent came to my door offering a lower rate not telling me I was locked in. 1 1/2 years I changed my internet cable from Shaw to Telus. Telus offered me home security but when I went to cancel Fluent, I was told it would be $2500 payout (what a joke). POOR customer service, constant problems, on the phone for hours trying resolve problems after being on hold for hours. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER !!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Lorne, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Ben Mooresville, IN

After having to deal with their customer service, I don’t have many nice things to say about them. They were not very receptive to our needs. You are on hold forever to speak with someone. I waited forty five minutes. They need to overhaul their renewal contacts. It is not fair to hold someone accountable to a five hundred dollar fee after they have been a customer for five years and they want to cancel their service because of a medical condition when they have to move out of their house.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ben, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Nov. 8th, 2021

Anonymous Salem, OR

Fluent isn't local, and fleeced me into continuing with the company for a $7 monthly discount without realizing that I was getting locked into a multi-year contract. Tried to quit, told me it would be $500 to buy out of contract - told me to contact my new company, they said they would work with me to buy out fluent. Called back to get what I needed, talked to someone else, and they told me that it would be $1200, not $500. They are a garbage company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can completely understand your frustration in a situation of this nature. Thank you for your feed back!

D L

Worst company ever! Never even used their system, because it often malfunctioned, door sensors often didn't work, the smoke alarm would go off for shower heat, and they would call. moved and no longer wanted them in my house, wouldn't let me out of contract, equipment is still in old house because I couldn't be bothered to use their service again. I will pay out my contract and be done with their garbage equipment.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello D L, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we turn this into a positive experience for you? We would love to hear from you!! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Oct. 28th, 2021

Rhona Cartier

Their equipment is garbage constantly having issues and they charge to come fix their garbage also my alarm went off when I was out and my sister was my person to call and she called them back right away cuz we have a dog and she knows he matters more to be then anything but when she called they put her on hold for 20 minutes and my dog hasn’t been the same cuz of the noise it made and they couldn’t turn it off with my permission cuz I couldn’t get home right away

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Rhona, I ma sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 26th, 2021

Greg and Debora Wheeler

We are unimpressed with the lengthy contract and especially the buyout clause when moving and not taking the security system with you and the new homeowners not wanting to take it over. There should be a reduced amount/small penalty instead in this case. Our entire system has been sitting in a box and inactive for the past four months and it will end up sitting there unused until we pay it off month by month. After that it will be disposed of in a landfill site. The entire system is quite new and in perfect condition. Such a shame.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Greg and Debora, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please give a call at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Kevin and Theresa Olea Kelso, WA

Very hard to be able talk to a human and when you do they do not do very well at getting the information on your account so that you do not have to pay bills that are not suppose to come anyway. They also have been over charging me on my monthly bill for who knows how long because my items have been already paid for, for some time now. I only know this because my mother passed away and I had to deal with everything and she was being overcharged for a while..

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kevin and Theresa, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826 so we can correct this and turn it into a positive experience for you! Look forward to hearing from you!!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Amanda W

Locked into contract with equipment that no longer works. I called to look at options. Was told by 3 different Fluent staff that my contract was up so I could cancel with no charge. 3 weeks later a bill for well over $1000 shows up. Apparently there was a different contract hiding somewhere. How convenient it showed up for Fluent after I was told I no longer had a contract by multiple people! Haven't armed the broken system in over 2 years. Still paying $75 a month for another year. I don't recommend anyone sign anything with fluent.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Amanda W, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 30th, 2021

Marc Ernst Cambridge, ON

If possible I would give 5 stars but negative rating. Equiabd service is worse then worse. Customer service is rude and not professional at all. We are very disappointed with the company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Marc . We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. We will be reaching out to you to resolve these issues.

B Flam DeSoto, TX

By far the worst alarm company I have ever dealt with, you cant just let contract expire, you cant call 45 and 30 days out to let them know that you will not renew, no you have to give them 30 days written notice, If you forget AUTOMATIC RENEWAL so you are stuck with them for another 3 years if you like them or not it does not matter, the service is average, once someone signs a contract their goal is to lock you in forever, I have hired Vivint and ADT, had no trouble leaving after contract expire, but with these guys Lots of problems, do youself a favor and stay far awar from this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would love the opportunity to regain your trust. If you can give us a call at 855-238-4826, we would be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Crystal Himes Tallahassee, FL

I wouldn't even give them a star of I could help it. I have had my contact for 7 years with this company and I wanted to terminate my service because I sold my house. Apparently, i called 3 weeks too late. I now have to pay for the rest of the year, they would not consider cancelling despite being a customer so long. Were unhelpful when I had issues with the service too. The worst part was having to call 3 times before I got the answer. No one knows what they are doing and their customer service is a joke.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Crystal. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would love the opportunity to regain your trust. If you can give us a call at 855-238-4826, we would be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Travis Cromwell Portland, OR

Fluent did a 3 year auto renewal on my contract without my consent. They also downgraded the service from using cell towers to Wi-Fi, again without my consent. I moved out of my house and now I am giving two options. Offer the service to the new homeowners, I will not do that do that as I do not wish this company on anyone. Or buy out my contract. In addition the service was terrible. Anytime something broke it was either never repaired or repaired months later.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Travis, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

May. 6th, 2022

Chuck Merkich

Horrible customer service! Will take your money while supplying no service. Couldn't get anyone out to fix their system yet continued to take their payment for it, even though they knew it wasn't working and that they couldn't get anyone out to try and fix it for over a month out. First guy that they did send out didn't even bring his equipment. They refused to refund my money even though their junk equipment didn't work. Go find a better company for your home security needs.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Chuck, We are sorry you had a bad experience. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We would love the opportunity to turn this experience you had into a positive experience!! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Apr. 3rd, 2022

kim krafft Yerington, NV

Don't use this company!! I recently moved my parents to an Assisted Living Facility. Fluent refuses to release them from their contract without "Proof" that they can no longer live alone in their home. This is illegal and none of their business. I provided Fluent with a letter from the assisted living stating the dates they'd moved in and Fluent still demands a reason for why they are no longer able to live alone in the home and refused to cancel the contract without an explanation. This dispute is ongoing. Don't use Fluent Home for your security needs!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kim, I am sorry you had a bad experience, We do require documentation to validate proper protocols are followed. With the assisted living we do need documents provided stating that it is a on site 24/7 care facility meaning without this facility your parents cannot survive independently as well as require a complete dependency on the facility. We would love to work with you to resolve this issue. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you.

Mar. 18th, 2022