Fluent Security Logo

Fluent Security

6.9

Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

3.4

bookmark

Featured Review

Kaye Notarianni McDade Arvada, CO

I have had a wonderful experience using this company. The company has been very kind and understanding in my circumstances and were willing to help me in any way they could. They helped me with a couple of different scenarios in order to for me to have options to choose from. I never felt hurried or rushed. I was never treated like I was a "voice" on the phone, nor felt like I was just a number. I highly, highly recommend this company! They greatly calmed my fears during a difficult time in my life.

bookmark

Featured Review

Randy Armitage

Our experience with this company from sales, install, resolving technical issues and day to day monitoring has been excellent.

Susan Stevens Spruce Grove, AB

I called and Mandy P helped me get my security cameras operational after they had been down for weeks. No other Fluent tech was able to help during numerous calls. Mandy P is very friendly and knowledgeable and if I could request here everytime I call, I definitely would. Thanks Mandy!

Krystle Cardinal St. Paul, AB

Their customer service has always been great however we have frequent problems with our window security alarms (often says tampered with when no one touched them) and we have had frequent problems with our sky bell doorbell not recording or LED not lighting etc. It’s been replaced numerous times. Our backyard camera, even though you can set the sensitivity and settings of it, it always seems to record too much or things like wind blowing or doesn’t record at all. However technology is not perfect and most security systems/companies have their pros and cons. A pro for fluent is their customer service is always wonderful!!

Anne Dancy Colorado Springs, CO

Although I am frustrated with the Fluent Company, I am very impressed with your employee named Amanda. She dealt with my situation in a professional manner. She was courteous and patient. She always responded promptly to my emails. I appreciated her kind manner with a situation that could have become contentious. I hope her efforts can be acknowledged in some way.

Floyd Knippshild

The system works well. The representative for our area is suppose to come around to check our to see if all is well. At this point has not happened a bit diappointing as I believe I have a couple of low batteries I did recieve a message from Fluent regarding it but to date no knock on the door. Hopefully soon as I and the rep agreed they would stop by when needed to ensure all is well

Cathy Folsom, CA

Ashrita was amazing with assisting me. I was having a difficult time opening the sensor to replace the batteries. She sent me photos that were extremely helpful and with her positivity I successfully got the cover off! Anyone getting Ashrita as their rep will be lucky. Thank you for all your help.

Donald Toledo, OH

Everybody we’ve talked to in the company has been very nice and knows what they are talking about. We feel protected because we had someone break in before and had a different security system then. It works very well. We don’t have any problems.

Leon Aurora, CO

I like the fact everything is wireless. It is a lot easier. The response time is quick and accurate. I am a truck driver so I like that they are protected when I am not at home. They called the fire department when the smoke detector went off.

Cynthia Cleveland, OH

The gentleman from Fluent that came here and gave us a demonstration and went through everything made us decide to go with them and we have been happy ever since. They call us every time the alarm goes off and we feel very secure.

Kathy Dayton, OH

The best part is knowing whether or not someone trying to get into my home. If some is, they are able to help me stop it. I accidentally set my alarm off yesterday and they were right on it. They called me right away. It is a pretty good deal.

Kathryn

Immediate response to any alarm situation whether it is police or fire emergency. We burned some food and set off the alarm and immediately the got in contact to see if we needed help and reset alarm while we dealt with the burnt fish we were cooking. Early on in our partnership we needed police and Fluent immediately responded.

Frank Berry

Great reliable service. We were on holiday during a very cold winter and we received a temperature warning in our property, allowing us to have someone check. The furnace had stopped working and we would have had frozen pipes.

Angela Lunsford Pittsburgh, PA

After a power outage my system didn't work..I live in a secluded area alone and I was very worried..I called and they got my system working right away.

LOREN SIMONDS Salem, OR

Until today with Dylan S I would rate your customer service as piss poor lousy service. He gave me far more support and willing ness to help than all other contacts combined. He was courteous professional and gave me confidence that things will be addressed.

Amy Brown Westlock, AB

Tyler P and his team Thomas were excellent to deal with. They were friendly, informative and set us up with all the cameras and security system we needed. They went out of their way every day to ensure we were taken care of. I would highly recommend.

Angela Avari Dawson Creek, BC

Just wanted to update my banking - had an excellent time talking with Mandy! She was extremely nice and kind, answered all my questions, updated my stuff and assisted me with my camera / app issue. I very much enjoyed her help and made me feel good! Great job Mandy :)

Valentines Edmonton, AB

I had some trouble shooting difficulties and was on with a fluent representative by the name of Glendyra and she was amazing and very helpful. She was able to resolve all my issues.

Terry Akron, OH

Customer service has been really helpful with me. They have been very patient and secured the problem. I like the equipment except for the doorbell. I have had a lot of issues with them.

Mary Canton, OH

The alarm system works. I had some issues with the Arlo cameras and with the pandemic they would not send anyone out so it took me a week or two to try to figure out how to get them working again.

Christie Indianapolis, IN

We’ve had it for a long time so it is starting to show some tear but they have always been real good about fixing things. It is easy to use. I like the features in the service and they program they put together for me.

Krissy Cress Winnipeg, MB

Mandy P helped fix issues with my cameras after I changed internet provider. She went above and beyond my customer service expectations.

Wanda Webster Cincinnati, OH

I had two power outages this past weekend. My system was not working properly. I called and received a call back from Mandy P, she was very helpful. Thank you for the great service.

Richard Springfield, IL

Mandy in customer support resolved our problem and should be commended accordingly. We tried twice previously with other customer service reps, but neither resolved the problem; thank goodness for Mandy’s help!

Cheryl Sharon, PA

Sometimes customer service is slow with their responses but the equipment has worked well for me other than the battery dying I haven’t had any issues.

Anonymous Powell, OH

Top notch security. At one point someone came out and went over everything and checked the internal system and I appreciated that. It is another level of protection.

Sarah Springfield, OH

Other than the batteries going bad we don’t have any problems. The service lady talked us through how to replace the battery. I know the house is secured at night.

Terry Dayton, OH

From what I know their equipment is the latest. We like that the keypad lets us know if the door is being opened. It lets me know on my cellphone when there is movement.

Conrad Hunter

I had a oven fire a few years back and i put it out myself but the fire department was still dispatch with a few mins. They helped air the house out for us.

Greg and Brenda Wiens

System is simple and works very well. When ever we have contacted Fluent for assistance has always been helpful and if technician needed, has been prompt and courteous.

Jeri Stephan Las Vegas, NV

I was very impresses with my tec today who fixed my door bell. She was Mandy & she was very very nice & fun to talk to. She did a very good job on my door bell.

Jerry Dayton, OH

Can't think of any negatives. I am called when there is a false alarm and all information needed is requested by the Fluent representative.

Dan Adrian

If we set off the alarm we could count on them phoning or talking to us on the alarm so we felt safe knowing they were monitoring

DEEPAK CHAITANYA

Excellent products & service. I’ve been a user for 7 years and have never been disappointed at all. It’s reliable and worth it

Val

I’ve had two floods in the past 10 months and if it wasn’t for the water alarm going off, I would have had more damage than I did.

Anna Hoople

Their cost is reasonable, they respond very quickly, they have provided us with great service when there are technical issues.

Willie Woods Spokane, WA

Always receive a call when alarm goes off. Feel very safe knowing that I have this system and help is the way if needed.

Linda wood

Anytime I need answers they were always able to answer my question or if they didn’t know right away they would get back to me with the answer

Roger

Monitors my alarm status 24/7 on a real time basis. The Control Center calls my home phone number when there is an alarm.

Ronnie Carson, WA

It’s the best deal because they notify me right away I something happens. It takes care of everything I need it to. I am satisfied with what they do.

Carolyn Rockport, IN

When the alarm is turned on, I don’t have to worry. I feel secure. I never have any problem with it. It always works good.

Joan Richmond, KY

Can’t fault them as long as it works and it works. Even when I ask them things that are kind of hard, they always do it for me.

Lela Des Moines, IA

Really enjoy it. It works pretty good. The best thing is the security. Every time something happens, they always call to see if there was a problem.

Anonymous Akron, OH

Seems to work. When I call them, they are able to help me. We save money and get pretty much the same service as anywhere else.

George Mc Keesport, PA

Technically easy and good customer service. They should call their customers on a regular basis to make sure all the equipment is working.

Ricardo Las Vegas, NV

Excellent service and customer friendly. They have worked with me with the payments and they quality of their products is great.

Gale Skjonsberg

They have helped when ever we have had a problem. The men that I have talked to have been very good @ telling me how to set things. I am 82

Walter

We have had Fluent for years and when ever we had a problem they alerted us right away which in turn saved us lots of money

Jeremy Peters

Worth every penny saved me a lot of money temp sensors caught it when furnace went out and I was gone could have been way worse

TJ Hooker Calgary, AB

PROMPT, POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL 10/10. Thank you Amanda for your help tonight.