Fluent Security

6.9

Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

3.4

Tawny Pereira Windsor, ON

I have been with Fluent for over 5 years now and for those 5 years I told my friends and family they were an excellent company. Recently I tried to cancel because we haven't used it in so long, and it has been a long running joke for 6 weeks. First to get though as an existing customer takes hours, then after speaking with someone for a half hour of repeating no thanks I want to cancel, she then says ok you will get a call back from another dept in 4 days to cancel. I didn't get that call for 3 weeks. He gave me an address to send a letter of cancellation with a signature, and it had to be sent snail mail. I have been billed twice since I started the process. there was also an incident a few years back that I needed help logging back into the app and the customer service rep logged me into someone else's cameras, and it took me days to get through to fix that.

1 day ago

Tracey Mealing Regina, SK

I am 100% giving this company 0 stars (had to give it at least 1 star to submit the review), they have been nothing but a a huge headache to deal with. We sold our property in April 2021, and have spent the last 3 months trying to pay off the account and terminate services. Little did we know, only a Retention Specialist could send us the pay off request. We advised him that we were not interested in moving the system, and that the new owner didn’t want it either. We finally received the payoff invoice 2 weeks later. I call to give them payment, only to be asked if we had sent a Termination Letter( first I had heard that we needed to). She then transfers me to billing, and then comes back about [email protected] mins later to inform me that “billing is gone for the day, I will send them an email to call you”. Meanwhile, I already wrote up my termination letter and emailed it to them, and the notice that they got it. I call back the next morning to speak with billing and was told, after waiting on hold for 58 mins total, that only 1 billing person can take my payment, and she isn’t in, but “i left her a message to call you back”. I asked to speak with a manager, to take my payment, was denied. I think maybe all these people should have a checklist of information that every single customer calling is informed of, because the system they have right now is unbelievably not customer centered. I would in the public, if I was this bad at my job, or my whole company was this bad at customer service, I would be fired. I would absolutely never in my right mind recommend this company to anyone at all.

Kimberly Novak Lexington, KY

I had an existing alarm system, when Fluent stopped by, we discussed lowering my bill. I signed up with them for that purpose. Through talking with the sales rep, I decided to add the doorbell camera and the medical necklace with the understanding that it would be $20 a month for six months for the equipment and $41 a month for the monitoring. I agreed to that. I received a bill two weeks later and it was $1200. I called Fluent and have been unsuccessful in getting clear answers other than I owe the money. It took me two calls before a representative gave me the breakdown on what I was paying for. I have tried to cancel the service and was told it would cost me more to get out of the 5yr contract then what the current bill is.. I am beside myself and extremely frustrated at this company.

Darryl Saskatoon, SK

Equipment has been crap. Always an issue. The worst part is trying to get out of my contract. I’ve been trying and trying for months and months. Keep getting the run around. Won’t give me my buy out for my contract and won’t even tell me if there is still a contract. Been asking for months and months. Spent many hours on the phone trying to get it and always get some bs excuse of why they can’t. Tell me it can only be mailed but again; been waiting months for it as money still keeps coming out of my account. Would give them 0 stars if I could.

KAZ Thompson, MB

Stay away from this company, they scammed me out of over $2000. My alarm has never worked, they have no techs to send out to fix your equipment, I finally got a hold of customer support support after five hours of dropped calls from them, just for them to tell me that my account is deactivated. They just took money out of my account three days ago, I asked why it was deactivated, she told me she couldn’t tell me. I have never felt more scammed in my entire life. Do not skip over my review, take it as 100% fat, and stay away from this company.

Gwen Salyer Marion, OH

Talked to them about not renewing my contract. Never once mentioned if I didn't notify them 30 days in advance that my contract renewed for a YEAR!! They could send customers a notice in an email so you would know. They don't want to remind you, because they only care about the money, not the customers. Now some contracts renew for 3 yrs and some for 5 yrs! I think there a low life company.

Justin Dayton, OH

The company lied repeatedly. We were told we were on a set contract length, and when we tried to cancel it, we were lied to that it was cancelled. Then it was renewed and we had to pay for it for another year or pay the years cost in early termination. The app never did half of what the company promised it would. When the sensors started to go bad, the company wouldn't come out to replace batteries or replace sensors that had broken.

Mandy Hatch 780-898-5377

I have been with Fluent for 7 years I have 3 left. I have never had my equipment upgraded ever in the 7 years that I have been with this company. I know other people who pay way less then 55 dollars a month. And their equipment is way nicer and newer then mine. When my contract is up I am done I will be canceling it. My parents pay 30 and have video cameras. I was also not aware that when one of your Fluent sales people came to my house asked if I wanted a discount. Anyone would be Interested in a discount. Well, a while goes by and then I find out that I am in a 5 year lease. I know I signed for it but I wasn't under any impression it wasn't for 5 yrs.

Josh Terry Lafayette, OR

When I was called about extending our service I said we wouldn't be and would like to cancel. They continued our service and added more time to our contract. When I called to discuss as to why I was told that they had me on the hook and couldn't do anything about it. Completely unprofessional in the way I was spoke to. You don't treat people this way. We were customers for 5 years it was nothing but we couldn't afford to continue paying for service. To basically deny us to leave and tell us "gotcha" nothing you can do about it shows what kind of people are behind this company. If we could afford it we will never come back. Anyone of our friends looking for a security system, we would never recommend fluent. I'm not sure how this is considered good business practice. Way to squeeze a few more dollars out of a family that is trying to save money. Not sure how people who run the company can look at themselves in the mirror.

Melissa Lawrence

It was good for the first year or so, then in 2017 I had one of the salesmen come to my door and offer new equipment. To which I said no. So he offered to lower my monthly rate instead since I'd be using outdated equipment. That I happily agreed to. Come 2019 when my contract was up I went to cancel my services. To which I was very rudely told when I agreed to that rate change 2 years ago that automatically added 60 months to my contract. I said if the salesman would have told me that in 2017 I never would have agreed to the rate change. And I was told too bad so sad we have your signature you can't get out of the contract. Sucks to be you thanks for your business until 2023.

Richard Golany

Have been a customer for several years, and things went pretty well up until I called in and asked Fluent to shut down my system and i was moving. After speaking with the member, he agreed to shut down my system and finalize our agreement since i had been such a good customer for many years. Due to the Covid nonsense it destroyed my business and I had to move on to other things. however, Fluent did NOT shut down my system even though I was 1000 km away from it ! Fluent continues to bill me for a service that clearly I am not using. bottom line is they do not care about their customers, they only care about the $$$. too bad, like most companies that start out working hard to provide great service grow so large, they no longer need to focus on you the customer, they now focus only on the the $$$ at all cost, they will hold you down even if your bleeding.

John Bilka Reno, NV

Constant problems with this company. The salesman was not honest is what the system could and could not do. I have an outbuilding where I store a classic car. It is 125 feet from the home. I was told that the alarm could extent that far and cover the windows, doors and even provide a remote keypad there. Wrong! Nothing but malfunctions and false alarms. There tech support suggested I move either the main panel in the home or the outbuilding so it is within 75 feet. So either I move the house or the remote garage 50 feet to get the system to work. Worthless.

Benford Green Richmond, IN

Did not keep up their equipment. Did not service equipment when needed. Could not trouble shoot over the phone. Many times we couldn’t set the alarm because it would go off for no reason and we would have to return home to disarm it.

Shawnta Decatur, GA

This company is the worst. Their Systems does not work most if the time and their customers service is awful. I had issues with this company since this was installed in my home. When I call in for tech support you be on hold for the longest to only get a rep that can log the call and take down a time and date for them to call you back. Then when you get your call back it is not at the time and date you gave them so not home to trouble shoot. Give them a new date and time you may or may not get that call back then. The system goes offline at least 4 times a month. I don't even call anymore I just reboot the system. And this is not due to my internet connection because everything else in my home stays connected with no problem and upload and download speeds are great. Tech came out to my home told him there was a 3+ minute delayed response in my doorbell notification. He fixed it test it and it worked a week later it is back to a 3+ min delay. Had the system for 3 years called to canceled was told someone will call me back and to give them 5 business days. It has been 8 days still haven't heard from no one.

Theresa

Customer experience is horrible. To upgrade you have to resign long contracts. But tech changes too fast for 5 years to be logged in. Calling asking for some help to reduce my contact there was zero wiggle room, nothing. I asked to speak to his boss and he insisted he is has high as I could get. Total BS. So now I am stuck with a bill for a system I hate and don't use. I have taken everything out and put my own system in. Unless you really have a need for system monitoring, just set up your own. TSC does 12 pmts for things. See BBB reviews too. Horrible and condescending responses.

Arthur Mitchell

Have bunch sensors off, not sure why, changed all batteries, still nothing . Can't alarm cause glass break sensor front door sensor and back window? Also o2 sensor bang it and no alarm goes off. Do they do nothing when they must see its never alarmed? I pay for nothing I guess. Then to pay a tech to come out is plain dumb I pay enough already for nothing.

Jack Holden Valier, MT

They make it almost impossible to get out of the contract with them. I've been a customer for 8 years and they tried to tell me they had a recording of me renewing. I told them to prove it and then was told oh yeah we can't find it. Then since I hadn't cancelled 30 days before auto renewal they wanted me to pay the full year. Do not do business with this company!!!

Lorne Walters

Cause there wasn't a 0! I was talked into changing from ADT to Fluent for better service--what a mistake. I pay almost $50 for an outdated system. A few years ago, Fluent came to my door offering a lower rate not telling me I was locked in. 1 1/2 years I changed my internet cable from Shaw to Telus. Telus offered me home security but when I went to cancel Fluent, I was told it would be $2500 payout (what a joke). POOR customer service, constant problems, on the phone for hours trying resolve problems after being on hold for hours. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER !!

Ben Mooresville, IN

After having to deal with their customer service, I don’t have many nice things to say about them. They were not very receptive to our needs. You are on hold forever to speak with someone. I waited forty five minutes. They need to overhaul their renewal contacts. It is not fair to hold someone accountable to a five hundred dollar fee after they have been a customer for five years and they want to cancel their service because of a medical condition when they have to move out of their house.

Anonymous Salem, OR

Fluent isn't local, and fleeced me into continuing with the company for a $7 monthly discount without realizing that I was getting locked into a multi-year contract. Tried to quit, told me it would be $500 to buy out of contract - told me to contact my new company, they said they would work with me to buy out fluent. Called back to get what I needed, talked to someone else, and they told me that it would be $1200, not $500. They are a garbage company.

D L

Worst company ever! Never even used their system, because it often malfunctioned, door sensors often didn't work, the smoke alarm would go off for shower heat, and they would call. moved and no longer wanted them in my house, wouldn't let me out of contract, equipment is still in old house because I couldn't be bothered to use their service again. I will pay out my contract and be done with their garbage equipment.

Rhona Cartier

Their equipment is garbage constantly having issues and they charge to come fix their garbage also my alarm went off when I was out and my sister was my person to call and she called them back right away cuz we have a dog and she knows he matters more to be then anything but when she called they put her on hold for 20 minutes and my dog hasn’t been the same cuz of the noise it made and they couldn’t turn it off with my permission cuz I couldn’t get home right away

Greg and Debora Wheeler

We are unimpressed with the lengthy contract and especially the buyout clause when moving and not taking the security system with you and the new homeowners not wanting to take it over. There should be a reduced amount/small penalty instead in this case. Our entire system has been sitting in a box and inactive for the past four months and it will end up sitting there unused until we pay it off month by month. After that it will be disposed of in a landfill site. The entire system is quite new and in perfect condition. Such a shame.

Kevin and Theresa Olea Kelso, WA

Very hard to be able talk to a human and when you do they do not do very well at getting the information on your account so that you do not have to pay bills that are not suppose to come anyway. They also have been over charging me on my monthly bill for who knows how long because my items have been already paid for, for some time now. I only know this because my mother passed away and I had to deal with everything and she was being overcharged for a while..

Amanda W

Locked into contract with equipment that no longer works. I called to look at options. Was told by 3 different Fluent staff that my contract was up so I could cancel with no charge. 3 weeks later a bill for well over $1000 shows up. Apparently there was a different contract hiding somewhere. How convenient it showed up for Fluent after I was told I no longer had a contract by multiple people! Haven't armed the broken system in over 2 years. Still paying $75 a month for another year. I don't recommend anyone sign anything with fluent.

Jess L

Very difficult to cancel services once our contract was up. They continued to withdraw payments from our account even after I cancelled the service. Had to go through my bank to stop the payments.

Phyllis Fort Wayne, IN

They use deceptive business practices. I tried to cancel my less-than-adequate service because I could no longer afford it, but they insist that I owe them for a year and refuse to remove their equipment.

John Reed Hudson, CO

I have a broken CO2 detector that they wont fix. I also want out of my contract but can't because it is auto renewed. My system is old and they wont upgrade it. I have been with them for 10+ years and this is how I am treated.

Rose Fort Wayne, IN

Wouldn’t recommend Fluent to anybody. The equipment is garbage. It wakes me up at one thirty in the morning and I yanked it off the wall and threw it in the garbage. They also lied to me about the contract. They told me it was two years but it really is five years.

Shirley Dayton, OH

I had ADT for years and switched to Fluent Security because I was on the look out but now I am on the verge of going back to ADT. They were okay for the first year but after they never respond. The phone rings and rings and nobody answers.

Kathy Salt Lake City, UT

Horrible cuz I recently moved and told them to cancel it. Cuz I've been going through cancer and had to move in with in-laws until I was down with chemo and radiation so we could buy a house. And they would not cancel it for me. Horrible

Lyle Smith

Was not told about parts expiring until we started running into issues with the system and had to phone about it and was not told about or shown how to change any batteries. So none of the pieces or our system are working now.

Jana

It’s a long story, we got fluent to take over from another security company to find out we couldn’t get out of our contract. I called and called within my 10 days to change it all back no one to this day 2 years later has come, my equipment isn’t working etc I’m never using fluent again

Gordon McMillan

System doesn’t do as stated, always trying to charge for services to fix their system. Fine print in contract is a rip-off for extra year, rep in Utah needs to find a job where he does not deal with people. Supervisors will not talk to customers. Worst experience ever dealing with this company

Adam Kidd

My alarm still doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. Even after a technician came to work on it. He left it not working but said It does. I will be cancelling my service shortly and Telus will be installing a working alarm.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Apr. 7th, 2021

Nancy McCafferty Phoenix, AZ

they are the worst people to work with. i had a problem that i asked to talk to a supervisor about and was told that wasn't possible. i no longer use this company for security, but because i couldn't cancel my service, i have been paying 2 companies every month.

Tasha Bunner

Paying way too much. The panel has perpetually been on a low battery notification for years with no resolve. Upon renewal of contract I was promised an enhanced package which never materialized. Representatives have been through the neighborhood and did not follow through with any investigation of my concerns

Reply from Fluent Security

Apr. 7th, 2021

Roni Muench Saskatoon, SK

These people departed from AlarmTek and were not allowed to disclose the fact they departed. As a result many customers are no longer under Alarm Tek and are paying more money. A lawsuit is likely in the process. My rate went up without any communication. I cannot get hold of anyone - it is disgusting.

Sandra

They started out higher but we can't seem to get any service -our shop security hasn't worked in a year (put in new batteries) still doesn't work and it seems each piece takes a different type of battery. such a hassle

Morris Ertman

I have an unrepaired monitoring system they have not completed repairs on, because they claim the screen is broken, which it is not. So, I've unhooked the system so as not to have it beep intermittently.

Margo Dayton, OH

Their service stinks. When you call, you wait for one to three weeks to get service. Our alarm has been going off and they don’t answer consistently. They need to get closer to their customers.

Glenn White Oregon City, OR

I canceled my service in December of 2020 but some back door item I am stuck for another year of payments which i find offensive for you as a business to force someone to maintain something that they don't want!!

Angie

Poor site service. I’ve asked several times for someone to assist me to change batteries in my sensors. Tired of asking. I would never have continued my contract for 2 more years.

Rodney Kuehn

I wanted to make changes and the contract is very inflexible unless you are willing to sign up for another 5 years. I think the plan is too expensive for what else is out there and company is unwilling to modify.

Anonymous Salem, OR

Was not pleased with equipment as it continually was compromised. Finally gave up on successful repairs and disabled it. I want the fee discontinued as a monthly payment for equipment I can not, will not use.

Braden Bell North Battleford, SK

A very pushy/disrespectful Fluent sales rep just was at my door. I told him twice I was not interested in their service due to my financial situation. Then on the way out he sees my dog and proceeds to ask what his name is? how long I've had him? Do you love your dog? Then with a nod and a smirk asks what my dog will do in a fire? Trying to make a sale on someone's emotions after being told twice that I am not interested. Shady sales tactics and just downright disrespectful.

Nancy Lautner Saskatoon, SK

If I could give them zero stars I would. We had a home security system through AlarmTek and renewed our contract with them in 2014. At some point AlarmTek was bought out by Fluent. In the intervening years we had zero communication from them. In December 2020 we decided to cancel monitoring services with them. That's when it got "fun". Both my husband and I tried to get through to them to find out how to cancel our contract. At first we were told that we were on a month to month and we could just cancel. Then we were told that the contract we were in had a 2 year auto renewal and there was no option for us to get out of it earlier. We didn't have a copy of the contract so we asked them to send us one and were told that they couldn't email it to us for privacy reasons but would mail it to us. The contract came in the mail and there was nothing in there about the 2 year auto renewal. I called them again and, surprise, now they could email it to me since they hadn't mailed all the pages and the auto renewal clause was on the page that hadn't been mailed. We were frustrated by their lack of service and I told them that we were going to put a stop payment on funds pulled from their company until we got this figured out. So what did they do? The next time they pulled funds from our account it came from a different company name. January 20 we finally got an answer from them that we needed to send them written cancellation. I asked if we needed to send something signed by my husband and I or just email would do. I was told that email was ok so I sent it. The next day I received an email saying that we needed to send a signed written cancellation. Fine - we did that. We received notice from their department that they received the cancellation and they gave themselves 30 days to respond. At this point I had put a complaint into the Better Business Bureau because we were getting no answers from the company. In mid February I finally got notification through the Better Business Bureau from Fluent telling me that my written cancellation had been received and advising me what my payout amount was. The company also said that once they received the payout amount my account would be closed. So I sent a copy of their letter to me along with a copy of our written cancellation of services and a cheque by registered mail. I checked with them after a week to ensure that they were going to cash the cheque and saw it go through my account the next day. What happened next was that they sent me an invoice on March 1. I contacted them and they apologized and said that they would reverse the invoice. At this point I had lost all trust in the company and closed the bank account that they were withdrawing funds from. And a good thing that I did. They attempted to withdraw funds for the March billing and then sent another invoice on April 1 and again tried to withdraw funds. At the time of writing, April 23, we are being told by the company that their "resolutions department" is working on it and will be closing our account the end of the month. We'll see if that happens or if they'll just continue to invoice us for a service we're no longer receiving and have paid out in full. The incompetence of this company is unbelievable. Do not give them your business unless you want the worst headache when it comes time to cancel them.

Jared Suffolk, VA

Terrible security company. The customer service is non existent and they are usually rude. The equipment is alright initially, but starts to fall apart after a year. We’ve been having issues with our system lately and they have yet to fix the issue. They’ll be quick to get you locked into a contract (3-5) years, have a technician come out and install the system, but don’t expect to hear or see from them ever again. If something is wrong with your system, you’ll pay a service fee to have a tech come out and “fix” the issue and their equipment does fail often. Do yourself a favor and choose anyone but Fluent. We are just riding out the remaining time before we can get out of this contract. Even considering buying out the last couple of years we have left because we despise them so much.

Bruce Gunn Squamish, BC

Worst company I have ever dealt with. After 3 years I asked to cancel the contract. They said I could temporarily stop the service and not be charged so that if I ever needed it again, I could start again. Then 6 months later, they started charging on my Visa card again without asking me. I called and said to cancel but they kept charging on my Visa. I called again and they said I had to cancel in writing by email but they gave me the wrong email address. A month later, I got the right email address and cancelled again. They still didn’t cancel and said I had to sign a letter and send it to them. By then, that Visa card had expired. They wanted a new Visa number. Finally they offered to waive half the payments if I paid half. So to get rid of them I paid $150 on a new Visa card. As soon as the payment through, I called Visa and cancelled that card so they couldn’t add more payments. Sure enough they sent another bill for another month. Finally I got another letter that they wanted their equipment back and there would be no more payment required. This company is completely ruthless and unethical.

David Dickenson Indianapolis, IN

Terrible customer service, product doesn’t work, won’t let me cancel and automatically re-ups my annual contract even though I’ve tried to cancel numerous times