Allied Home Security

4.9

LAST UPDATED: September 16th, 2021

Allied Security is a well-known alarm monitoring company based in Houston, Texas. The company offers security system options for homes, small businesses, and commercial residencies. Allied Security's packages come with medical, fire, and security monitoring.

Allied Security's home security and professional monitoring services are available for as little as $19.95 per month and come with same-day installation or existing system takeover.

The Good

• Advanced Security Equipment
  • Multiple Security Packages

Advanced Security Equipment

Allied Security offers a variety of home security equipment with advanced features and functionality. You can choose from Allied Security's prearranged home security packages, but it is unclear from the company's website if you can select equipment a la carte. Below is a list of some of the alarm system equipment Allied Security offers:

• Iq2 Control Panel — 7 inch HD touchscreen with two-way talk and a built-in camera. The panel controls your entire home security ecosystem, including your garage door, door locks, lighting, thermostats, etc.
  • 2Gig GC2 Control Panel — Color touch screen panel with GSM cellular radio and two-way voice. This panel has built-in Z-Wave RF protocol, so you can control Z-Wave appliances, such as lighting and HVAC.
  • Honeywell Vista Control Panel — Simplified panel with a keypad. The panel includes an exit countdown, time and date display, event log, and user scheduling.
  • Indoor Security Camera — Commercial grade camera with 24/7 recording, live feed, and night vision.
  • Outdoor Security Camera — Commercial grade camera with 24/7 recording, hard drive storage, and weather proof parts.
  • Doorbell Camera — Commercial grade camera with two-way voice, remote notifications, and HD video.
  • Motion Sensor — Encrypted PIR motion sensor that is pet immune up to 40 pounds.
  • Door/Window Contact — Door and window sensor that can be placed on any entry that opens and closes. It includes a magnet for more installation flexibility and an antenna that enables you to place the sensor on metal, plastic, as well as wood.
  • Smart Thermostat — Z-Wave thermostat that can connect to your panel and other Z-wave equipment, such as your HVAC system, heat pump, etc.

Multiple Security Packages

Allied Security has three main home security system packages you can choose from. Unfortunately, it is unclear how much each package costs and if you can customize your equipment if you do not want Allied Security's prearranged packages. All Allied Security packages come with same-day, professional installation. Here are the company's three security service packages:

Smart Home Package

• 24/7 professional monitoring
  • Two-way voice
  • Five megapixel camera
  • Glass break detection
  • Image capturing
  • Seven inch touchscreen alarm panel
  • Three door contacts
  • Pet-friendly motion sensor

Smart Home Automation Package

• Everything included in the Smart Home Package
  • Geo fencing automation rules
  • Thermostat control
  • Remote door lock (access control)
  • Remote garage door control
  • Home lighting control

Smart Home Video Package

• Everything included in the Smart Home Automation Package
  • 24/7 HD continuous video surveillance
  • HD night vision
  • Live feed through smart phone
  • Motion alerts
  • Doorbell camera
  • Wide range coverage
  • 1080p images

The Bad

Limited Availability

Allied Security only services Texas, so if you currently reside in other areas, the company cannot provide you with its home security services. If you live or work in Texas, and are interested in Allied Security as a potential home security provider, read our verified Allied Home Security Reviews to learn more about the experience of actual customers.

The Bottom Line

Allied Security is a quality home security company with advanced equipment offerings and robust security packages. However, package pricing is unclear, so you will need to contact the company for additional pricing information. Allied Security also only operates in Texas, so if you live in another state, you will not have access to the company's security services. Homeowners are encouraged to read verified Allied Home Security reviews to see if this company is right for them.

4.0

ashley sallee Houston, TX

I was first signed up with Revamp by Darrell. Never told me I needed a permit (1st time with a security company) or that the price he quoted was before tax. Also connected everything through wifi instead of a pre-existing system. Alex with Allied saved me! He made sure I was taken care of and they even used the pre-existing wired system instead of wi-fi! Like night and day. I even had to fall Revamp to issue my refund for their equipment a week AFTER they picked it up. Not only that, they never canceled the monitoring services through ADT! They charged me for monitoring equipment I dont even have! Do NOT go with Revamp! Allied is SO much better!

Daiquiri Don Houston, TX

David V was the sales rep that assisted me on my new account. He was very helpful and professional. He was very knowledgeable on the various products and answered all my questions.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you Daiquiri! If you need anything else at all just let us know.

Sep. 13th, 2021

Marsha Ivins Houston, TX

A cold call to David V was such a satisfying and informative conversation (with follow up emails) that I selected Allied in a large part because of his accessibility and knowledge.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much, Marsha.

Sep. 9th, 2021

EFig League City, TX

Friendly service with all questions answered. Great product!! Great deal on security system with hard wired cameras!! I would recommend to anyone looking for home security!!

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you for the 5 stars and recommendation! Let us know if you need anything else!

Cynthia Gonzalez Pasadena, TX

Worst Company Ever. Sales guy showed up and sold the product when we had just purchased our home. Previous owner already had system installed so he said everything was working fine did a walk through and activated our service. Come to find out 6 months later. All our sensors were out. And if there had been an emergency our system would not have worked. They work for brinks, brinks sent me one of their techs and since they didn’t install I was going to have to pay. I fought and they made it right. If you can get in directly through the main company, do so. Brinks tech had to rewire and reset the whole house.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Cynthia. We do not work for Brinks but use them for our alarm monitoring. Please call us at (281) 820-2810, we'll send out one of our own technicians, and run a checkup on your system free of cost.

Will Davidson Houston, TX

As a new customer of Allied Home Security, I would like to report that I am extremely happy with the products and outstanding service I received! From David V in sales knowledge and willingness to work with me on budget concerns . Jose and Matt were equally as impressive as excellent installers. Can’t thank Matt enough for going above and beyond on my camera locations and installation aspects and strong desire to make it right! Highly recommend the service and this crew!

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much for your kind words, Will! Your experience with us is exactly what we strive for. Our goal is to put our customers first and keep them safe and happy!

May. 28th, 2021

CC Houston, TX

The security system is okay. The motion sensor batteries have been replaced in 10 months. My doorbell has not worked since February. I have tried several ways to get assistance. I am very disappointed with the door bell camera.

Reply from Allied Home Security

I am sorry to hear about your experience, CC. Please reach out to customer service at (281)-820-2810 and we would love to assist you in repairing your doorbell or any other of your security equipment.

John Kramberger Dallas, TX

David V was a big help in setting up our new security system from Allied

Sherry Ann Houston, TX

When i called in search of a security provider for our particular needs, we were met with knowledge, patience, and thoroughness in explanation of the services offered to find the one that best suit our needs. We only recently got our security service connected by Joaquin a couple daysbago who has been very thorough and detailed in his explanation. Even when we had questions after the fact he was helpful in responding. Looking forward to this journey ahead with Allied Security for monitoring our home, which I should only hope will continue to be met with great service. I already started recommending Allied Home Security to those near me so we are spreading the word, so don't fail me ;) lol

Thank you Sherry!

Jan. 27th, 2021

David Bautista Houston, TX

Never had any problems or issues, installation was on point, technician was very helpful on how to use step by step

Reply from Allied Home Security

Our technicians are the best, David! They always make sure you are fully informed!

John Bordere Houston, TX

My home security is very expensive and I was promised some window senors but never got them but overall it is a good system just wish it didn’t cost so much per month

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, John. Please call us at (281) 820-2810 and we'll get you your window sensors and talk about ways to lower your rates.

Dalma Cruz Houston, TX

It's been great, I haven't had no issues at all. Easy to understand, and I feel pretty safe with all my sensors, camera, and alarm. Thank you.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are glad to hear about your positive experience, Dalma. Allied Home Security is here to help you feel safe and comfortable in your home. Thank you!

Kabrinna J Missouri City, TX

Our service technician Joaquin was amazing! He made a 4 hour installation feel like a regular visit with friends. He took his time explaining all of the features and answered any questions we had! I would highly recommend him!

Reply from Allied Home Security

We can’t thank you enough for the kind words. Here at Allied, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible using your home security equipment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thank you, Kabrinna!

Apr. 30th, 2021

Dan Hostutler Katy, TX

The salesperson was very friendly and knowledgeable and have been happy with security system

Reply from Allied Home Security

Great to hear, Dan! Thank you for the great review!

Karen Pho Humble, TX

Joquin was very thorough and took time to explain everything. Took time to teach new technician and cleaned up the space.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Karen! It's always great to hear about the patience and care our techs take with you!

Jul. 1st, 2021

Roy Beaty League City, TX

I had them for the first year of my service with Brinks. They were unresponsive to calls, did not install all the equipment, cameras do not work. Overall a bad experience

Reply from Allied Home Security

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Roy. Due to covid, we have received an increased volume of calls. If there is ever an issue with your equipment we are more than happy to fix it.

Herman Garcia Houston, TX

I like that it's local and offers seem reasonable compared to the competition. May be interested in adding more cameras in the future. Nothing comes to mind that I dislike at the moment. David M. was very informative when I reached out to Allied

Reply from Allied Home Security

Herman, thank you for the great review. Please reach out when you are ready to add some security cameras to your system. And we agree, David is truly a gem to have on our team!

Rob Spring, TX

Jason J did such a great job. He was polite and professional, and very efficient with the install. Afterwards he walked me through how to use the entire system, and left zero mess behind. I rarely recommend people to contact technicians directly, but Jordan is an unbelievable spokesman for Allied Home. At no point did I feel uncomfortable, or talked down to in my interaction with Jordan.

Thank you Rob!

Jan. 20th, 2021

Luis Pasadena, TX

Awesome people, very friendly solved all problems and questions that I had.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Our staff is the best, Luis! We want to make sure you are comfortable with your system and it's up and running smoothly!

Lisa Maisano-Norman Conroe, TX

Very easy to work with. Quality product, straight forward (no complicated contracts), great price.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Lisa. Love hearing from our wonderful customers.

Maurice Sanders

Last night the alarm system went off letting me know it may be a tornado in the area

Reply from Allied Home Security

Maurice, so sorry to hear your app deleted itself. Please call customer service at (281)-820-2810 and we would love to assist you in getting this up and running again.

Alana Chapman Missouri City, TX

Very professional! Our technician Joaquin was efficient and very detailed in explaining to us how the system worked. We will 100% percent recommend allied to family and friends.

Thank you so much Alana!

Feb. 1st, 2021

David Perez Tomball, TX

Latest technology, great service, dependable effective product

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you for the 5 stars, David! We use the best equipment to keep you safe!

May. 20th, 2021

Derek Katy, TX

Friendly customer service and support. Installed system quickly and professionally.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Derek. Welcome to the Allied family.

Donnavon Robinson Rosharon, TX

Had no problems, love the quality, couldn’t ask for a better security company

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much, Donnavon.

Cris Figueroa Katy, TX

Simple to use, great security and the cameras never stop recording.

Reply from Allied Home Security

So glad you are enjoying your security system, Cris. Thanks for the great review.

Mary Houston, TX

Very on point helped me throughout my process of needing assistance

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Mary. Please don't hesitate to call us with any of your security questions.

Yesenia DLC Houston, TX

I am not able to get a hold of my representative. I’ve been wanting to download the app on my phone and I don’t know which one it is because no one will answer me.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are sorry you are having trouble accessing the smart app, Yesenia. Please reach out to customer service at (281)-820-2810 so that we can get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

May. 13th, 2021

Blake Robertson Spring, TX

Simple. Very easy to use technology and all around good equipment.

Thank you, Blake!

Francisco Loyde Conroe, TX

Awesome! Service is great and they are always willing to help out

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Francisco. We love helping our customers with their home security needs!

Steve Blake Conroe, TX

Did what they said they would do when they said they would do it

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much for your kind words, Steve. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Mario Becerra Houston, TX

Great except salesman lied and didn't return my message with my concern.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Mario, please contact us (832-626-0178) so that we can further assist you with any concerns you may have.

Nathan Brittain Houston, TX

Very clear and easy process, knew exactly what I was getting and what it was going to cost. Great customer support and experience with David.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Nathan. David is one of our favorites! Very happy to hear you are pleased with us as a security company, and especially happy to hear you had a good experience with your installation.

Alysia Houston, TX

Horrible customer service, can never get a returned phone call. The people you really need to speak to are always out of the office.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry you've been having trouble getting through, Alysia. We would be more than happy to have a manager directly reach out. If you can message us your last name, we'll have a manager directly reach out to you.

Richard Houston, TX

The salesperson we dealt with is rude, and once they were paid they were out of the picture

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry you had to deal with his, Richard. We take our complaints seriously; If you could give us the salesperson's name we would love to investigate this further. I promise we are still here for you, please reach out if we can do anything to help.

Tiffany Houston, TX

Poor equipment. Had the equipment for less than 6 months and have to pay money to make it operational. Horrible!!

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Tiffany. Please reach out to customer service (281) 820-2810 and we will make this right.

leonel Escalante Cleveland, TX

We like how he explained everything, thank you

Reply from Allied Home Security

Our certified technicians are here to set you up with the security you need, and the knowledge to use them efficiently. Glad to hear about your good experience. Thank you, Leonel!

Cristan wallace Conroe, TX

Not very well always lose our door bell camera when WiFi resets or lose power and is a pain too get back up and going

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear about your issue, Cristan. Please reach out to (281)-820-2810 if you ever need assistance in setting up your equipment.

Alma V

Reliability, Convenience, Trustworthy Service Oriented

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you for your kind words, Alma. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to help you feel safer with your security system.

John Mark Cypress, TX

Our screen not working and we call Brinks many time and still our issue is unsolved . We will be cancelling and moving to Vivet.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your screen. Please call Allied Home Security (832-626-0178) so that we can get to the bottom of this issue with you, John.

Orlando Godoy Houston, TX

Joaquin was a fantastic technician. Very thorough and explained everything in detail. Fantastic job!

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much, Orlando. Allied's technicians are the best at leaving our customers with the tools they need to efficiently work their security system.

Aneesah Thibedeaux Crosby, TX

Cameras do not work or record when needed. The cameras and doorbell camera never recordsnas scheduled.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear about your camera issues, Aneesah. Please call (281) 820-2810 and we will get this issue fixed for you ASAP.

Michael Lee Dayton, TX

Can't connect with my phone. Video is fine. Just can't view my cameras when I am away

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear about your connection issues, Michael. Please reach out to (281) 820-2810 and we will get this issue fixed for you ASAP.

Jesse Conroe, TX

User interface and tech help is terrible.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry about your experience, Jesse. Our interface is constantly being updated and would love to know the name of any techs you spoke to. Please call us at (281) 820-2810.

Gerald J Cifaldi Spring, TX

Bad front camera, notifications take too long.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry you are having problems with your front camera, Gerald. We would love to look into this matter and fix any connection issues it sounds like your having. Call us at (281) 820-2810.

Andrew Baytown, TX

Camras dont work anymore and have tryed to call but never get an answer

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear about your camera issue, Andrew. Please call (281) 820-2810 so we can get this issue fixed ASAP.

Riddle San Antonio, TX

The app sometimes takes a while for it set

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are constantly innovating our technology, and this issue will be worked out soon. Thanks for the feedback, Riddle.

Jesse Sanchez Conroe, TX

System works well . The apps are less than desirable

Reply from Allied Home Security

Glad your security system is working well, Jesse. We are constantly working with our developers to improve our software and apps. Our next update should fix many issues you are having.

Nannette Houston, TX

Equipment and app always has issues video stops often

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your equipment and app, Nannette. Please reach out (281)-820-2810 and we will be more than happy to fix any issues you may be having.

Tiffany Houston, TX

Disappointing. Equipment broke in less than 6 months.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are sorry to hear about this issue with your equipment, Tiffany. Please contact us (832-626-0178) so that we can assist you in repairing your security equipment.