Allied Home Security

2.6

Allied Security is a well-known alarm monitoring company based in Houston, Texas. The company offers security system options for homes, small businesses, and commercial residencies. Allied Security's packages come with medical, fire, and security monitoring.

Allied Security's home security and professional monitoring services are available for as little as $19.95 per month and come with same-day installation or existing system takeover.

The Good

• Advanced Security Equipment
  • Multiple Security Packages

Advanced Security Equipment

Allied Security offers a variety of home security equipment with advanced features and functionality. You can choose from Allied Security's prearranged home security packages, but it is unclear from the company's website if you can select equipment a la carte. Below is a list of some of the alarm system equipment Allied Security offers:

• Iq2 Control Panel — 7 inch HD touchscreen with two-way talk and a built-in camera. The panel controls your entire home security ecosystem, including your garage door, door locks, lighting, thermostats, etc.
  • 2Gig GC2 Control Panel — Color touch screen panel with GSM cellular radio and two-way voice. This panel has built-in Z-Wave RF protocol, so you can control Z-Wave appliances, such as lighting and HVAC.
  • Honeywell Vista Control Panel — Simplified panel with a keypad. The panel includes an exit countdown, time and date display, event log, and user scheduling.
  • Indoor Security Camera — Commercial grade camera with 24/7 recording, live feed, and night vision.
  • Outdoor Security Camera — Commercial grade camera with 24/7 recording, hard drive storage, and weather proof parts.
  • Doorbell Camera — Commercial grade camera with two-way voice, remote notifications, and HD video.
  • Motion Sensor — Encrypted PIR motion sensor that is pet immune up to 40 pounds.
  • Door/Window Contact — Door and window sensor that can be placed on any entry that opens and closes. It includes a magnet for more installation flexibility and an antenna that enables you to place the sensor on metal, plastic, as well as wood.
  • Smart Thermostat — Z-Wave thermostat that can connect to your panel and other Z-wave equipment, such as your HVAC system, heat pump, etc.

Multiple Security Packages

Allied Security has three main home security system packages you can choose from. Unfortunately, it is unclear how much each package costs and if you can customize your equipment if you do not want Allied Security's prearranged packages. All Allied Security packages come with same-day, professional installation. Here are the company's three security service packages:

Smart Home Package

• 24/7 professional monitoring
  • Two-way voice
  • Five megapixel camera
  • Glass break detection
  • Image capturing
  • Seven inch touchscreen alarm panel
  • Three door contacts
  • Pet-friendly motion sensor

Smart Home Automation Package

• Everything included in the Smart Home Package
  • Geo fencing automation rules
  • Thermostat control
  • Remote door lock (access control)
  • Remote garage door control
  • Home lighting control

Smart Home Video Package

• Everything included in the Smart Home Automation Package
  • 24/7 HD continuous video surveillance
  • HD night vision
  • Live feed through smart phone
  • Motion alerts
  • Doorbell camera
  • Wide range coverage
  • 1080p images

The Bad

Limited Availability

Allied Security only services Texas, so if you currently reside in other areas, the company cannot provide you with its home security services. If you live or work in Texas, and are interested in Allied Security as a potential home security provider, read our verified Allied Home Security Reviews to learn more about the experience of actual customers.

The Bottom Line

Allied Security is a quality home security company with advanced equipment offerings and robust security packages. However, package pricing is unclear, so you will need to contact the company for additional pricing information. Allied Security also only operates in Texas, so if you live in another state, you will not have access to the company's security services. Homeowners are encouraged to read verified Allied Home Security reviews to see if this company is right for them.

not_listed_location

Allied Home Security Frequently Asked Questions

Is Allied BBB Accredited?

Yes. Not only is the company accredited, but it boasts an A+ rating with the BBB.

Will my cameras work if a burglar cuts my internet?

Yes! The company's cameras record 24/7 without internet. This is one of the main reasons it uses commercial-grade cameras instead of Wi-Fi cameras.

What happens if my power goes out?

A power supply backup is installed with all security systems. If the power goes out, your system will continue to monitor your home 24/7.

Do I need Wi-Fi for an Allied security system?

No. With LTE cellular connection, the company monitors your home in the safest way possible.

How long is the warranty?

The company's warranty is lifetime. As long as you have service with Allied, your system stays covered!

Is there a contract?

Allied offers no contract options as well as a 36-month agreement. This helps the company offer the most competitive pricing.

Will my price go up?

No. The company has a rate lock guarantee on all its monitoring — with Allied your price is protected!

Are Brinks Home Security and Allied Home Security related?

Allied Home Security is an Authorized Dealer of Brinks Home Security; Allied is a local Texas security and monitoring company. The company provides installation and service. If you decide to move out of Texas, this is not an issue. Since Allied is a Brinks Home Security Authorized Dealer, it can transfer your service to any of the 50 U.S. states providing national coverage.

What is the difference in Wireless Cameras and Hardwired Cameras?

The main difference is security. Having Allied cameras hardwired to the security system makes them unhackable. Wireless cameras use Wi-Fi, which makes them vulnerable to hackers.

Can an Allied security system be hacked?

No. With AES Military grade encryption, the company claims its systems are not hackable.

Message from
Allied Home Security

We believe that your home should be a safe haven for you, a place where you don't have to worry. It's easy to be caught off guard when you're not there, but that's where Allied comes in. We provide innovative products, sophisticated security cameras, and a premium home automation system that connects you to your home through your smartphone app. The customer is always first. At Allied Security, we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and never treat our customers like numbers. Our A+ BBB rating and accreditation show our commitment to every customer. Our monitoring station also has 24-hour live customer service. Most security companies close after 6:00, but we don't. If you have a concern late in the day, rest assured that we will be there for you. Allied Security delivers the best alarm monitoring in Texas. We use only the best UL-certified monitoring stations with the fastest response times to keep your home and family safe. All of our security packages come with industry-leading features that allow you to be in control of your home no matter where you are. Don't be caught off guard! Let us keep you and your home safe from potential intruders.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Alana Chapman Missouri City, TX

Very professional! Our technician Joaquin was efficient and very detailed in explaining to us how the system worked. We will 100% percent recommend allied to family and friends.

Thank you so much Alana!

Feb. 1st, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Rob Spring, TX

Jason J did such a great job. He was polite and professional, and very efficient with the install. Afterwards he walked me through how to use the entire system, and left zero mess behind. I rarely recommend people to contact technicians directly, but Jordan is an unbelievable spokesman for Allied Home. At no point did I feel uncomfortable, or talked down to in my interaction with Jordan.

Thank you Rob!

CC Houston, TX

The security system is okay. The motion sensor batteries have been replaced in 10 months. My doorbell has not worked since February. I have tried several ways to get assistance. I am very disappointed with the door bell camera.

Dalma Cruz Houston, TX

It's been great, I haven't had no issues at all. Easy to understand, and I feel pretty safe with all my sensors, camera, and alarm. Thank you.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are glad to hear about your positive experience, Dalma. Allied Home Security is here to help you feel safe and comfortable in your home. Thank you!

Roy Beaty League City, TX

I had them for the first year of my service with Brinks. They were unresponsive to calls, did not install all the equipment, cameras do not work. Overall a bad experience

Reply from Allied Home Security

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Roy. Due to covid, we have received an increased volume of calls. If there is ever an issue with your equipment we are more than happy to fix it.

Maurice Sanders Houston, TX

The app used to view my house when I'm away is no longer in play store on my phone, and app just deleted itself now I cant see what going on at home when I'm away.

Alma V Houston, TX

Excellent and Reliable service.Never felt secured in my life as I am now with the unit ! Thank you !cure

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you for your kind words, Alma. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to help you feel safer with your security system.

Herman Garcia Houston, TX

I like that it's local and offers seem reasonable compared to the competition. May be interested in adding more cameras in the future. Nothing comes to mind that I dislike at the moment. David M. was very informative when I reached out to Allied

Reply from Allied Home Security

Herman, thank you for the great review. Please reach out when you are ready to add some security cameras to your system. And we agree, David is truly a gem to have on our team!

Kabrinna J Missouri City, TX

Our service technician Joaquin was amazing! He made a 4 hour installation feel like a regular visit with friends. He took his time explaining all of the features and answered any questions we had! I would highly recommend him!

Reply from Allied Home Security

We can’t thank you enough for the kind words. Here at Allied, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible using your home security equipment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thank you, Kabrinna!

Apr. 30th, 2021

Yesenia DLC Houston, TX

I am not able to get a hold of my representative. I’ve been wanting to download the app on my phone and I don’t know which one it is because no one will answer me.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are sorry you are having trouble accessing the smart app, Yesenia. Please reach out to customer service at (281)-820-2810 so that we can get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

May. 13th, 2021

Steve Blake Conroe, TX

Did what they said they would do when they said they would do it

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much for your kind words, Steve. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Blake Robertson Spring, TX

Simple. Very easy to use technology and all around good equipment.

Thank you, Blake!

Francisco Loyde Conroe, TX

Awesome! Service is great and they are always willing to help out

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Francisco. We love helping our customers with their home security needs!

Mario Becerra Houston, TX

Great except salesman lied and didn't return my message with my concern.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Mario, please contact us (832-626-0178) so that we can further assist you with any concerns you may have.

Sherry Ann Houston, TX

When i called in search of a security provider for our particular needs, we were met with knowledge, patience, and thoroughness in explanation of the services offered to find the one that best suit our needs. We only recently got our security service connected by Joaquin a couple daysbago who has been very thorough and detailed in his explanation. Even when we had questions after the fact he was helpful in responding. Looking forward to this journey ahead with Allied Security for monitoring our home, which I should only hope will continue to be met with great service. I already started recommending Allied Home Security to those near me so we are spreading the word, so don't fail me ;) lol

Thank you Sherry!

Jan. 27th, 2021

Nathan Brittain Houston, TX

Very clear and easy process, knew exactly what I was getting and what it was going to cost. Great customer support and experience with David.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you, Nathan. David is one of our favorites! Very happy to hear you are pleased with us as a security company, and especially happy to hear you had a good experience with your installation.

John Mark Cypress, TX

Our screen not working and we call Brinks many time and still our issue is unsolved . We will be cancelling and moving to Vivet.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your screen. Please call Allied Home Security (832-626-0178) so that we can get to the bottom of this issue with you, John.

Cristan wallace Conroe, TX

Not very well always lose our door bell camera when WiFi resets or lose power and is a pain too get back up and going

leonel Escalante Cleveland, TX

We like how he explained everything, thank you

Reply from Allied Home Security

Our certified technicians are here to set you up with the security you need, and the knowledge to use them efficiently. Glad to hear about your good experience. Thank you, Leonel!

Orlando Godoy Houston, TX

Joaquin was a fantastic technician. Very thorough and explained everything in detail. Fantastic job!

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thank you so much, Orlando. Allied's technicians are the best at leaving our customers with the tools they need to efficiently work their security system.

Tiffany Houston, TX

Disappointing. Equipment broke in less than 6 months.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We are sorry to hear about this issue with your equipment, Tiffany. Please contact us (832-626-0178) so that we can assist you in repairing your security equipment.

Jesse Sanchez Conroe, TX

System works well . The apps are less than desirable

Reply from Allied Home Security

Glad your security system is working well, Jesse. We are constantly working with our developers to improve our software and apps. Our next update should fix many issues you are having.

Nannette Houston, TX

Equipment and app always has issues video stops often

Customer Houston, TX

Terrible. Overpriced. Poor customer service.

Reply from Allied Home Security

I am sorry you feel this way. We offer the most competitive rates in Texas. We follow a strict code of ethics to ensure our employees act with honesty and integrity in all facets of their operations and duties.

Daniel Amézquita Houston, TX

Really professional and detailed installation

Reply from Allied Home Security

Glad you had a good experience, Daniel. Thank you!

Apr. 15th, 2021

Cesar Gracia Houston, TX

Tech was very efficient and knowledgeable about the system been installed.

Reply from Allied Home Security

We're glad you are satisfied with our professional service, Cesar! Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Tony De Santis Missouri City, TX

Great service and very helpful. Very knowledgeable about the system.

Thank you Tony!

Michelle Estrada Spring, TX

Great tech and experience. He made sure I understood how to use the system.

Thank you Michelle!

Sivan Parienta Dallas, TX

Great company and the installation was very smooth and easy. Love the app and how it integrates in with other devices.

Reply from Allied Home Security

Thanks for the review Sivan! Glad to hear everything went smoothly, call us if you have any questions. Welcome to the Allied Home Security Family!

Feb. 24th, 2020