Alamo Smart Home

2.6

LAST UPDATED: September 24th, 2021

Alamo Smart Home is a Texas-based security and automation company. The company is experienced with everything from simple security system updates to ground-up redesigns. It offers free consultations to show new customers the difference a local company can bring. Alamo Smart Home is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with satellite offices in Austin and Houston. Its team is proud to serve both residential and commercial customers in the Lone Star State.

The Good

• Equipment Options
  • Home Automation Options
  • Free Quote
  • Professional Monitoring Options
  • No Long-Term Contracts

Equipment Options

Alamo Smart Home has a wide range of security equipment including the following:

• Security panel
  • Doorbell camera
  • Outdoor camera
  • Indoor and motion viewer camera
  • Motion detector
  • Door/window sensor
  • Glass break sensor

Alamo Smart Home’s basic security package does not include security cameras. However, they can be added for an additional fee. You can also add smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, flood detectors, and medical pendants to your system for added security against environmental threats and medical emergencies.

Alamo Smart Home’s equipment is powered by Alarm.com. You can monitor and manage your security system and devices from the Alarm.com mobile app. The app also connects and manages any home automation devices you decide to include in your smart home system.

Home Automation Options

Alamo Smart Home also has home automation products that can be added to your security system. These products include the following:

• Smart door lock
  • Thermostat
  • Smart garage
  • Smart home lighting

You can manage these products from the same mobile app as your security system.

Free Quote

Alamo Smart Home’s website does not list any pricing information. However, the company offers a free quote so you can determine if its services fit within your budget. The website has a form you can submit to request a free quote or you can contact the company directly.

Professional Monitoring Options

Alamo Smart Home offers 24/7 professional monitoring starting at $19.99 per month. If you choose to opt out of this service, you will be responsible for monitoring your system and alerting authorities if the system is set off.

No Long-Term Contracts

Alamo Smart Home does not have long-term contracts. Many security companies require 36 – 60 month contracts that are difficult to get out of. Alamo Smart Home's month-to-month contract options allow their customers much more flexibility than other competitors. However, the company's website does not provide much detail on the obligations of its contract. You will need to contact the company directly for more details.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Pricing and Contract Information

Undisclosed Pricing  Information

The Alamo Smart Home website does not provide any information on pricing. The company does offer professional monitoring services, but it does not clarify equipment or installation costs.  We encourage you to talk to a representative to clarify pricing  requirements before making a final purchasing decision.

The Bottom Line

Alamo Smart Home is an appealing choice for customers in Texas. It provides a wide range of security equipment and home automation products. Most customers should be able to create a home security and automation system that fits their needs and budget. The company’s free quote service is an excellent way to help ensure its solutions will match your expectations.

However, the lack of pricing and contract information on the Alamo Smart Home website makes it difficult for customers to compare its services with other companies. It is not uncommon for security companies not to disclose pricing and contract information. We encourage customers to have thorough conversations with the sales representative to ensure they have a clear understanding of what the products and services will cost and any contractual obligations that may exist.

As we do not have many Alamo Smart Home reviews, we suggest comparing its products and services to our top-rated security companies to make sure it's the right choice for you.

View Best Home Security Companies

not_listed_location

Alamo Smart Home Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a quote?

It's simple. Just contact the company directly, and it will answer all of your basic questions and schedule a Free In-Home Consultation with a representative. Alamo Smart Home will custom build your security system based on your needs and your budget. The consultations are in person because the company doesn't do packages and long contracts like other companies. It is able to customize and build the system that fits you and your family's needs.

How long does it take to get an insallation?

Once the company has finalized what equipment you need, it will schedule an installation generally within two to three days and sometimes even sooner than that. You can also schedule out days or weeks in advance if you'd like; it is completely up to you. Your representative will assist you during the consultation and schedule the best date that works best for you.

Does Alamo Smart Home offer contracts?

The company does not have contracts. It believes in providing amazing service and taking care of customers, not locking customers into contracts. Companies that require long contracts often have a reputation for providing poor service and high service fees. Alamo Smart Home wants to provide outstanding service to attract loyal customers, but if someone wants to leave for whatever reason then they are free to do so. Alamo Smart Home is so confident in its ability to treat customers like family, it decided that contracts are completely unneeded.

Can I use my existing equipment?

Yes! Generally speaking, the company should be able to reuse all of the existing alarm equipment. This saves you money so you can focus on upgrading the system with a new touchscreen keypad and remote app access. You can even add cameras and smart home devices to really upgrade the system with your savings.

Do I need a phone line or internet?

You do not need a phone line to have a security alarm system. All of the company's security panels are equipped with a cell unit and they communicate wirelessly just like a cell phone. Internet is not needed for the security alarm system but is required if you are adding cameras to the system.

4.9

Media Team Austin, TX

I switched over to Alamo Smart Home after using a big national company for years. I wish I had known about them sooner. They have incredible LOCAL customer service here in central Texas, and the pricing is about half what i was paying before. On top of that, I got all the latest equipment (cameras, smart home, etc) and didn't even have to sign a contract. I highly recommend Alamo!

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Wow thank you for the kind words and for trusting us to protect you! Hope you enjoy the home automation and video control!

Sep. 22nd, 2021

Mary P San Antonio, TX

I am so happy with my experience!!! I switched alarm companies to Alamo and I am so glad I did . I had three techs ( Matt, Romeo, and Tyler) out here helping me with camera placement and what equipment was best for my house. There was no sales tactics just honest communication. I would recommend Alamo Smart Home anyday!

17 hours ago

ROSALINDA CUBILLOS San Antonio, TX

Alamo was just what we needed. The timing was perfect! Mike was very easy to talk to and explained things well and with patience. He seems to like his job. Tyler was so pleasant to talk to and did very good at installing the equipment. We are extremely pleased with our system which is so easy to use. Thank you all so much!

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Thank you for the awesome review Rosalinda! Thank you for trusting us to upgrade you and protect your home!

Claudio Costa San Antonio, TX

Good price with no long term obligation - pretty sure only local company in San Antonio offering that. Not all items I contracted were available during install - I got a rain check for a secondary panel. Also, my house was pre-wired - no sensors had any problems. Post install of the new system, some sensors do not work any longer.

1 day ago

Matthew Dawson Austin, TX

Fantastic local small business. Great people that care about what they do and truly care about customer service. It's been great working with them. Happy to be a part of the Alamo Smart Home family.

1 day ago

alx zero San Antonio, TX

This company is amazing and an absolute joy to work with! I needed a good alarm company after dealing with a lot of headaches with an out of state source. I gave up and found Alamo and so so glad I did! Cameras are up and covering my whole house - I can see EVERYTHING while I am away. We are thrilled!

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Wow thank you for the kind words Alex! If you ever need anything else to help protect your home, we are here for you!

Patrick Rodo San Antonio, TX

The Alamo Family is one of the best teams I’ve worked with in San Antonio. They genuinely care about delivering great service to their customers and have the equipment to match. Highly recommend this local company!

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Thank you for the kind words Patrick! You have an amazing family and we are so glad you have trusted us to protect them!

Richard Yebra Hondo, TX

The small company and dedication to detail and a great installation tech name Tyler.

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Thank you for trusting us to secure your home and family Richard!

Vanessa Cisneros San Antonio, TX

Technicians were very informative and helpful! Great experience

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

I am happy to hear you were pleased with our technicians Vanessa! We are here for you if you need anything else!

Colby Cline

A+++ customer service. Alamo provides whole home security control, monitoring, and automation from one simple app.

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Thank you for allowing us to protect your home Colby! We hope to keep you satisfied and in control for years!

Martin Saenz San Antonio, TX

Tyler was a good worker and explained how to use the system

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Thank you for trusting us to protect your home Martin! Happy to hear Tyler did a great job!

Sep. 22nd, 2021

Conner Anderson Houston, TX

Alamo smart home’s customer service is so much better than the big companies. I switched from ADT and got newer equipment for way less money and didn’t even have to sign a long-term contract! ! 5 stars

Reply from Alamo Smart Home

Thanks Conner!!!! We are happy to have you as a newq customer!!!

Sep. 13th, 2021