USAA, which stands for the United Services Automobile Association, was founded in 1922 by a group of U.S. army officers who wanted to self-insure each other’s vehicles. Now the company, based in San Antonio, Texas, provides financial products and advice to more than 13 million current military members and veterans.

The Good

• Military Uniform Coverage
  • Identity Theft Coverage
  • Ways to Save

Covers Military Uniform

USAA covers uniforms in the event of a loss for active duty or deployed members. No deductible is applied to military uniforms and equipment you own when the loss occurs while you are on active or reserve duty.

Identity Theft Coverage

USAA’s homeowner insurance covers you for identity theft in addition to fire, theft, vandalism, liability, and most weather-related events.

Ways to Save

Policyholders can save up to 10 percent on their homeowners insurance premiums by bundling it with a USAA auto policy. USAA homeowners with no claims for five or more years get a 10 percent discount. And homeowners with an ADT home security system get a protective device credit.

The Bad

Identity Theft Coverage Availability

USAA’s identity theft coverage is available in all U.S. states except the following:

• Alaska
  • North Carolina
  • New Jersey
  • New York

The Bottom Line

USAA has been providing financial assistance to military members for nearly 100 years and offers a variety of services catered specifically to those individuals. Military members and families should look into USAA for home insurance especially if uniform and identity theft coverage are priorities.

Call our recommended rep over at USAA below.

4.8

Nicholas Genes

February 18th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve looked through several option for home insurance, USAA had the best rates. Very easy to work with.

Foote

July 8th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

USAA was very helpful and I was able to do this over the phone. After we were done, they reviewed the insurance I asked for and then gave me options that might make it better for me. They were very helpful and easy to work with.

Robert Singleton

July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I love USAA as an insurance company. Their customer service is always exceptional and they seem to be most concerned about my needs as an insured. When I have had to make claims they are first and foremost concerned with my families well-being. Additionally, they look for ways for me to maximize my coverage as my situation changes.

Sabrina

July 4th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We utilized USAA homeowners insurance when our home flooded due to a problem pipe in our master bathroom. USAA was prompt and we were able to have everything that was damaged repaired. I would highly recommend them for homeowners insurance.

Cassandra Larsen

July 4th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Love Usaa pricing and their options for coverage on all of our items in our home. Billing is a breeze and we have always had a good experience when calling customer service.