Known for its roadside assistance services, AAA has a history of dedication to road safety and assistance. Over the years, AAA has grown its policy offerings to include several kinds of insurance, including home insurance, car insurance, and life insurance.

Its home insurance policies offer competitive coverage and unique discounts. While AAA has received a fair number of reviews on BestCompany.com, most reviewers write about its roadside assistance. There is a small number that discuss AAA home insurance.

Read AAA Reviews

The Good

• Coverage Offered
  • Unique AAA Discounts

Coverage Offered

AAA's home insurance covers all the typical things covered in the industry. Homeowners insurance coverage includes:

• Separate structures on your property
  • Some coverage for personal property
  • Jewelry and valuables
  • Scheduled (listed, high-value) personal property
  • Loss of use (reimbursement of expenses if you can't use your home)
  • Some personal liability
  • Medical payments to others for accidents
  • Dog bites
  • Replacing spoiled food from power outage

While it's worthwhile to compare coverage options and costs, you can be confident in the coverage offered by AAA.

Unique AAA Discounts

Most home insurance companies offer an array of discounts to clients, including multiple policy discounts and discounts for not having prior claims. These discounts help you save on the monthly premium.

AAA offers a few unique discounts. These are discounts for AAA membership, AAA membership loyalty, and auto insurance loyalty. If you have car insurance through AAA or are already an AAA member, you can benefit from choosing AAA for your home insurance company.

AAA also offers a discount for mature policyholders. This discount is based on the age of the oldest policyholder. A few other companies offer a similar discount, but it's not a standard offering across the industry.

The Bad

• Must Provide Contact Information for Quote
  • Limited Customer Insight

Must Provide Contact Information for Quote

Before you can see a AAA homeowners insurance quote, you must provide your contact information. This factor can result in sales calls, which may not be what you want if you're in the research phase.

Limited Customer Insight

While AAA has a high number of reviews compared to other companies listed under home insurance on BestCompany.com, only a handful of reviewers specifically discuss home insurance. Some reviewers don't specify the service or insurance product they received from AAA. However, most of the reviewers discuss AAA's roadside assistance service.

Since so few of the reviews are specific to home insurance, it's difficult to assess the home insurance customer experience and make a recommendation.

The Bottom Line

Even though AAA ranks highly as a home insurer on BestCompany.com, it's difficult to give a recommendation based on customer reviews. Most reviewers discuss experiences with roadside assistance rather than AAA home insurance.

However, a home insurance policy from AAA is worth investigating further because it offers competitive coverage and good discounts. AAA insurance is an especially good option for AAA members because of the unique discounts available to them.

Call our recommended rep over at AAA below.

3.0

Rosa

January 20th, 2021 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When it came to renew after 3 loyal years, I had a problem with what was the correct amount I should be paying, even spoke to manager and overallI got 6 different quotes and none were correct! So I canceled and had to change insurance Co. Don't want to be dealing with that when its time to renew again.👎

Jeri Isaac

January 7th, 2021 Winfield, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can not express enough the gratitude I have for this business. By far the best money I have ever spent. Every time I’ve called for assistance I have always received the best customer service, and a timely response. I just want to say thank you AAA! You get a AAA+ rating in my book!

Zeynep Alag

December 11th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience ever. Customer service horrible, supervizor and all other customer service representitive are rude, Roadside assistance (i have no words for that) i wait 4 hours to tow my car truck never came. And I paid extra money for tow my car. Nobody handle the problem. I don't know what's happened to this company but it's gone straight downhill and I'll never use them again.

Alyssa Bennett

December 7th, 2020 , NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been waiting for a two truck for almost 3 hours. I've called the company multiple times and they couldnt give me a definite answer. The service so far has been horrible. This isnt the first time it has happened, it isnt convenient for me at all.

Manuel Ungaro

December 6th, 2020 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The 9 of December I did request a tow service from 95 north birch , Harbor Haven Building in Fort Lauderdale, To tow my vehicle to the 14 Laredo place Valencia village in Davie, they said the service scheduled , was set up to be towed at 1,30 pm , after that they postponed every hour the service, that much that they took 7 hours to finally show on, That they I did got late (3hours lost) into my work that afternoon and had to request , my brother to come and cover me, ( he used 5 hours of his work) the company that did the tow was named 1925 N Combee Rd, Lakeland, the vehicle had the USDOT -2998447, The driver was all the time rude and careless about customer service, nor the reputation of AAA, by the end He did dropped my car 3 blocks away from the address he was supposed to do it.

Sarah Hernandez

December 4th, 2020 Apple Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called on dec 3 at 7:30ish, I had a flat tire on the busiest freeway in San Bernardino county. I was told a tech would arrive in 30 min..no one ever showed! I call again, waited another 30 minutes, still no one showed! I had to call someone else to come help me. This service is useless and the techs they hire are ignorant that can't find the exact location where one is stranded!

Tia

December 1st, 2020 Inverness, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a nail in my tire so I called AAA, and Rod from Ocala, FL came out and fixed it for me. He was very helpful and super nice!

Kathie Stansbury

November 16th, 2020 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A huge thank you to Roger in Raleigh, NC for being so efficient and kind as he quickly took care of replacing my flat tire yesterday. I didnt get the name of the young man on the phone who was si patient with me as I tried to figure out if I had a replacement tire. So, so appreciated these men who were of great service to me today! Excellent attitudes and servant hearts! God bless you both!

Ramsey

November 13th, 2020 Olathe, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This last experience was amazing! Quick and very sweet guy named Branden!

Steve tomb

November 11th, 2020 Greensburg, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible tried to talk to someone for over a hour and gave up. Had to pay out of pocket for wrecker

Peter Gucci

September 6th, 2020 Brockton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'd like to thank bill from East Side in Rhode Island.. he came within 10 minutes...very polite and real helpful

DHusk

September 2nd, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Currently dealing with AAA is a joke. It's been a month since the last person was in my home to look at/repair damages we made a claim on. In the appempt to make some repairs initially and prep for the full repair. A damaged hose was used to drain water from the damaged area to the sink. The damaged hose leaked water all over a previously unaffected area of the house. Further damaging carpet and padding in the hall way and a second bedroom. We just found out that AAA has not paid the bill for the contractor they hired to do the demo to prep for repairs. I now have a bill in hand the contractor expexts me to pay. AAA will not return my calls. We elevated the issue to management, who is also not returning calls. We are very disappointed as we have been with AAA for well over 40 years. This is by far the worst experience we have had with them.

Melissa Garcia

August 24th, 2020 Northwood, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Steve came for our lockout and performed quick and efficient professional service! Thank you.

Jacob Fuentes

August 21st, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company ever I tried renewing and they never email me my ID card shame I wasted my time with this company

Ashley Lively

June 15th, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OVER 2 HRS, wait time was 1 HR. YOU SUCK

Tiniki Ware

April 22nd, 2020 Dallas, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT CHOOSE AAA!!! Spend your money elsewhere. Paula and Xavier was so rude and abrupt.

Adam Watson

March 28th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The fleet manager Randy M. is an amazing guy, Great service, very caring. He went way above and beyond my expectations. Even when we got to the service station he stuck around to help and make sure we got our vehicle back on the road. Thanks again Randy #LETHENRYDOIT

DyQuan McFliggins

March 10th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a new member this was the worst experience I ever had with any type of service on the phone with AAA. I had no problem with the service until I signed up and the policy changed. I was stranded and could not move and they left me on hold most of the call. They just transferring me to another person and at the end of the day just left me on the phone and hung up on me. So at the end of the day if your team member knows your policy has changed and did not imply that there was going to be an up charge on the service why talk to the customer anyway. At the end of the day I never got help and was stuck on the road.

Jesus Bramasco

March 6th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

8 year loyal customer. Not for much longer. I was told on the phone that I had auto pay. So I was feeling worry free until my car got stolen a couple of days after renewal was suppose to be taken out. I was told that I am not covered and that I have to deal with this out of my own pocket. This company is only out for it self. I can't believe I stayed with them for this long. Maybe I should look into hiring an attorney ? This is going to ruin my credit. I feel like they have just kicked me while I'm already down. I highly dont recommend using AAA. THEY WILL TRY NOT COVER YOU IN ANYWAY THEY CAN. NOT A COMPANY TO BE TRUSTED. I feel violated.

Celeste

February 22nd, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the past few services that I had needed I have to say has been a nightmare. The initial service call is always an hour to ninety minutes and then they’ll call, or text and say the ETA has changed to a ridiculous amount of time which is then an additional hour to two. I’m so sick and tired of this poor service. If an ETA is given, drivers need to get to the customer. I’m aware of traffic delays, but this happens to me any and every time I call for roadside assistance. AAA needs to get better contractors on board who take their jobs serious and is all about getting to the customer to assist them. I rate them a 2 for lack of customer satisfactions for me. Train your contractors better and the AAA way and this wouldn’t be a problem.

lola A

February 20th, 2020 Long Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I do not use AAA when it cost $90 for a service call, so once they say, unfortunately, this is your fifth call, you will be charged $90 for this before service I decline and find alternative means. For this reason, I always ask if each service is within my membership. I was always told yes. It is within your membership. You still have 2 more calls. So you can imagine my surprise four months later when I was told that my account will be going to collections because I did not pay for a service. One of their own people said this to me "Their system glitched or was down the day of the service you should have not even been given the service if it was the fifth call". Another representative said even if we told you that you still had more free calls, we are still charging you now. What made it worse is that their system had my brother who is just an additional driver as the main driver and was sending him to collections. It is my signature on the documents. I have to pay now because my brother is on the line, but AAA no more. By the way, according to their bill, we are all still in 1920, not 2020. Fix your computers AAA There are other companies that offer 6 - 8 calls and are way cheaper than AAA

Cindy Rose

February 20th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is 9:15 PM as I sit on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Put a call in to AAA at 5:15. Through what appears to be many errors from many people on many phone calls we did not have help arrive until 10 minutes ago. I’ve had AAA my entire adult life, over 35 years, and I have never been so disgusted and disappointed in my life

Henry Patterson

February 4th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AAA starts out as a good company, but then the next thing you know, their sticking their hands in your pockets ,and coming up with all kinds of excuses why they did it, their just another insurance company out to RIP you off,time for a change.

JMcClure

January 28th, 2020 Novi, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The fact that I made a call to have my car picked up, the person on the phone to say that it’d be an estimated 2 hours. I got there 1 hour and 45 minutes later, waited 20 minutes, tracked said the driver was at the location. Waited another 20 minutes, still nothing. I called the office and got put on hold only for them to tell me that the only thing I could do was wait for the driver to call me. Waited another 20 minutes, still didn’t hear anything. Called the office again, and they put me through to a PR rep who told me that they couldn’t do anything besides have me wait for the driver, who upon arrival as I was on the phone, still had a car on his truck and told me that after waiting an initial hour after the ‘estimated ‘ time of arrival I would have to wait another hour and a half minimum while he went and dropped off the other car. So now I have waisted a total of four hours waiting for my car to be picked up, and after talking to the same PR rep again, he told me that since they only give ‘estimated’ times of arrival that they couldn’t do anything to help me but to see if I would leave the keys in the car unlocked and wait for the driver to come back and hopefully transport my car to the designated location. I am furious with the caller assistance service, and I have waisted a huge portion of my day to no avail of hearing anything still about my car.

R. Spinelle

January 9th, 2020 Greer, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service consultant took the time to explain each and every item that needed to be done. The technician was very professional and neat. He took his time and rechecked everything to make sure he didn't miss anything. I have complete confidence in AAA on Tanner Road.

Vicki DeFrank

December 31st, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

2 is a bit high for this incident....called this morning to switch out my 2nd person . Daryl took my info and then placed me on hold to speak to his supervisor. 17 + minutes later I finally hung up. And didn't get a call back nor a call to give my review.

Jackie Martinez

December 26th, 2019 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been with the company for 8 years and Have several policies under my household with them and every year they link all the other 2 policies with my account and over change me and I want to make it clear that both accounts have their own policy numbers and member ship is also different !!!! They are so unprofessional and should be fine for not keeping track of this kind of stuff it happens every year

Gillien

December 26th, 2019 Oxnard, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service, reliable, fast and nice people

Bad day

October 26th, 2019 Syracuse, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed help Because my starter decided to die on me. The customer service girl ( didn't get her name ) was great. When Allen W showed up which was about 10 minutes after I hung up with the service call he was at my location. While he was helping me I felt like he was going above and beyond. As mad as I am about the car, it was a pleasant experience.

Karen

August 9th, 2019 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Truck stopped at my job. Called AAA they told me 75 minutes for a service technician. That was at approx. 4:00pm. The guy didn't arrive until 7:00pm. This was ridiculous!!!! But when 'Chad' came, he handled his business and really gave me great customer service! He towed me to my home. The next day I called AAA again so I could have my truck towed to my mechanic, and it really only took about 45min for arrival. This guy 'Miguel' gave great customer service and handled his business. Been a member since the age of 16, and I'm now 63! I've always felt good about driving anywhere - as long as I have my AAA insurance.

Theo

July 4th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jose was helpful, fast, and professional

Frank Silva

June 19th, 2019 Newark, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been with AAA for about 3 years. With all honestly was on the verge of switching insurance. Til I spoke with a gentleman named Logan F. This gentleman was very attentive, respectful and genuine. If I go into detail on how Logan assisted me. I would be here all day lol. He goes over and beyond what his job entitled to do. Great guy overall. The insurance helps yes but the customer service overall is horrible. Til I spoke with Logan. My other adjuster isn’t doing her job idk why if it’s my ethnicity, age or because I switched to liability I’m being treated this way but who’s to say. Either way I want to give Logan recognition because he very mich deserves it!!! THANK YOU LOGAN F!!!

Martha

June 17th, 2019 Tallapoosa, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with AAA for 3 months and I ask to please defer a payment for me because I just started back to work. They told me it takes 21 days to stop a electronic debit, which is total bullcrap!! I am very disappointed in them already. Terrible!!!

Shelonda

May 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Run # 5451 -Driver (#218) Will answered my Serivce call within 30 minutes, AAA said it will be an hour and 10 minute wait. Will was there in 30 minutes. Will worked in the rain to get my vehicle on the truck. It took about an hour He had a hard time doing so, since I lost the keys. Will was very patient in try to figure it all out. His attitude was great and his effort was amazing. It people like will that can change a people’s while day just with kindness. Will thanks so much for coming to my rescue with a caring loving spirit. You made my day better. You ROCK! You have a Bless Week!

Molly Brewer

May 1st, 2019 Cypress, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently had to renew my registration for my vehicle. Karen DoDsman helped me with the process. I told her i was running late for another appointment and she was very sincere about it. She was prompt, thorough, and efficient. Having been helped by someone who was as personable as her made me renew my AAA services for the years to come!

David vargas

March 12th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I need to make changes to my policy and the people can’t help me.”they say my account is frozen and that they will call me back but never do has been over a month very upset with customer service

Emily

February 18th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

(Louisville KY) I needed to get my Jeep to the dealership. Contacted AAA on 02/18/19 at 10:40am to request a flat bed. The driver arrived at 11:05am. Greeted upon arrival. The three men were very friendly and professional. I will not hesitate to contact AAA in the future if I need assistance. Very satisfied. They made me feel very comfortable with conversation. They kept me up to date from the time they were dispatched to the time they were 5 minutes out and called me once they arrived to the location.

Kyra

December 23rd, 2018 Norton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a flat tire. Two gentlemen from C&L Towing came 20 minutes before the estimated arrival time, I hardly waited long. They were polite, quick and efficient. Had my spare on in no time and they made sure I was able to continue driving. I really appreciated their work. TH E AAA customer service lady was also very helpful and polite.

Spencer

December 5th, 2018 Ashburn, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've saved me plenty of times, but my most recent experience left me on the side of the highway for 2+ hours due to a driver going to a town hours away. They stated they could not compensate me in any way for this.

Kathie Bowman

November 15th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have AAA for renters insurance and i would recommend to anyone. They are easy to get ahold of someone if you need help with anything and very prompt

James Quick

September 12th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

Love it,they are great insurance was set be mortgage company. Insurance premiums are the lowest of any provider.

Jo Lars

August 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I like that I receive a discount when I group my home insurance with my auto insurance. Every bit of savings helps! Local offices have helpful agents and tons of information on more that just insurance! I love the travel savings that I receive as a AAA member.

Anne Kimball

July 26th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I use AAA for my home insurance and their rates were by far the most competitive for the kind of coverage they were providing. We are long-term members of all things AAA and have always been very pleased with their services and customer service.

Ronda Hills

July 17th, 2018

We have always received professional customer service. When necessary, placing a claim has been stress free. I was attracted to AAA because they offered a brick exclusion option for earthquake coverage, making this extra coverage affordable.