AAA Logo

AAA

8.1

LAST UPDATED: August 3rd, 2021

Known for its roadside assistance services, AAA has a history of dedication to road safety and assistance. Over the years, AAA has grown its offerings to include several kinds of insurance, including home insurance, car insurance, and life insurance.

Its home insurance policies offer competitive coverage and unique discounts. While AAA has received a fair number of reviews on BestCompany.com, most reviewers write about its roadside assistance. There is a small number that discuss AAA homeowners insurance policies.

Read AAA Reviews

The Good

• Coverage Offered
  • Unique AAA Discounts

Coverage Offered

AAA's home insurance covers all the typical things covered in the industry. Homeowners insurance coverage includes:

• Separate structures on your property
  • Some coverage for personal property
  • Jewelry and valuables
  • Scheduled (listed, high-value) personal property
  • Loss of use (reimbursement of expenses if you can't use your home)
  • Some personal liability coverage
  • Medical payments to others for accidents
  • Dog bites
  • Replacing spoiled food from power outage

While it's worthwhile to compare coverage options and insurance rates, you can be confident in the homeowners insurance policies offered by AAA.

Unique AAA Discounts

Most home insurance companies offer an array of discounts to clients, including multiple policy discounts and discounts for not having prior claims. These discounts help you save on the monthly insurance premium.

AAA offers a few unique discounts. These are discounts for AAA membership, AAA membership loyalty, and auto insurance loyalty. If you have AAA car insurance or are already an AAA member, you can benefit from choosing AAA for your home insurance company.

AAA also offers a discount for mature policyholders. This discount is based on the age of the oldest policyholder. A few other companies offer a similar discount, but it's not a standard offering across the industry.

The Bad

• Must Provide Contact Information for Quote
  • Limited Customer Insight

Must Provide Contact Information for Quote

Before you can see a AAA homeowners insurance quote, you must provide your contact information. This factor can result in sales calls, which may not be what you want if you're in the research phase.

Limited Customer Insight

While AAA has a high number of reviews compared to other companies listed under home insurance on BestCompany.com, only a handful of reviewers specifically discuss home insurance. Some reviewers don't specify the service or insurance product they received from AAA. However, most of the reviewers discuss AAA's roadside assistance service.

Since so few reviews mention a homeowners insurance policy, it's difficult to assess the home insurance customer experience and make a recommendation.

The Bottom Line

Even though AAA ranks highly as a home insurance provider on BestCompany.com, it's difficult to give a recommendation based on customer reviews. Most reviewers discuss experiences with roadside assistance rather than AAA home insurance.

However, a home insurance policy from AAA is worth investigating further because it you can find a competitive homeowners policy and a range of discounts. AAA insurance is an especially good option for AAA members because of the unique discounts offered by the insurer.

Call our recommended rep over at AAA below.

2.9

Jerome Kovacik Newport, KY

Everytime I have needed roadside assistance, AAA has been Excellent. Nothing but good things to say about AAA. However, in this communication, I had spoken with a Lady by the name of Brittany. I was returning a call that I had received regarding my EA insurance. It seems my credit card had been replaced and not updated after the card change. I wanted to bring up Brittany's Exceptional Service that she provided for me. We were able to update my card and also Brittany answered a few of my questions about my EA insurance. I was a Service Account Manager in my working life and I know whst good/great Service is. I wanted to take the time to leave a Good/Great review for Brittany who works out of your Phoenix office. In my opinion, Brittany is an Important Asset to AAA. Too often we only point out negative issues. I believe Good shoild be pointed out as well.

Jane Shirk ,

I requested roadside service on 3-14-22 in feastervilla pa. You can look up my membership number. The gentleman said his name but they call him "Q". He was professional, knowledgeable and excellent customer service. He showed me step by step what he was doing. He replaced my car battery. I talked his ear off ( I had just come from a funeral..I did not mention that to him) he was pleasant and listened. Very nice gentlemen. I hope he gets this message.Thank you so very much.

Karen Oakland, CA

Truck stopped at my job. Called AAA they told me 75 minutes for a service technician. That was at approx. 4:00pm. The guy didn't arrive until 7:00pm. This was ridiculous!!!! But when 'Chad' came, he handled his business and really gave me great customer service! He towed me to my home. The next day I called AAA again so I could have my truck towed to my mechanic, and it really only took about 45min for arrival. This guy 'Miguel' gave great customer service and handled his business. Been a member since the age of 16, and I'm now 63! I've always felt good about driving anywhere - as long as I have my AAA insurance.

Michaela Khoury-Cullen Roseville, CA

I’m from Roseville California, the guy that came and helped with my roadside assistance was named Jay or something around there and was the nicest guy. He was at my location in 5 minutes and got me out of my lockout situation is ten seconds. I don’t know what I’d do without triple a!!

Jeri Isaac Winfield, WV

I can not express enough the gratitude I have for this business. By far the best money I have ever spent. Every time I’ve called for assistance I have always received the best customer service, and a timely response. I just want to say thank you AAA! You get a AAA+ rating in my book!

Kathie Stansbury Raleigh, NC

A huge thank you to Roger in Raleigh, NC for being so efficient and kind as he quickly took care of replacing my flat tire yesterday. I didnt get the name of the young man on the phone who was si patient with me as I tried to figure out if I had a replacement tire. So, so appreciated these men who were of great service to me today! Excellent attitudes and servant hearts! God bless you both!

Bad day Syracuse, NY

I needed help Because my starter decided to die on me. The customer service girl ( didn't get her name ) was great. When Allen W showed up which was about 10 minutes after I hung up with the service call he was at my location. While he was helping me I felt like he was going above and beyond. As mad as I am about the car, it was a pleasant experience.

Frank Silva Newark, CA

I’ve been with AAA for about 3 years. With all honestly was on the verge of switching insurance. Til I spoke with a gentleman named Logan F. This gentleman was very attentive, respectful and genuine. If I go into detail on how Logan assisted me. I would be here all day lol. He goes over and beyond what his job entitled to do. Great guy overall. The insurance helps yes but the customer service overall is horrible. Til I spoke with Logan. My other adjuster isn’t doing her job idk why if it’s my ethnicity, age or because I switched to liability I’m being treated this way but who’s to say. Either way I want to give Logan recognition because he very mich deserves it!!! THANK YOU LOGAN F!!!

Shelonda

Run # 5451 -Driver (#218) Will answered my Serivce call within 30 minutes, AAA said it will be an hour and 10 minute wait. Will was there in 30 minutes. Will worked in the rain to get my vehicle on the truck. It took about an hour He had a hard time doing so, since I lost the keys. Will was very patient in try to figure it all out. His attitude was great and his effort was amazing. It people like will that can change a people’s while day just with kindness. Will thanks so much for coming to my rescue with a caring loving spirit. You made my day better. You ROCK! You have a Bless Week!

Emily Louisville, KY

(Louisville KY) I needed to get my Jeep to the dealership. Contacted AAA on 02/18/19 at 10:40am to request a flat bed. The driver arrived at 11:05am. Greeted upon arrival. The three men were very friendly and professional. I will not hesitate to contact AAA in the future if I need assistance. Very satisfied. They made me feel very comfortable with conversation. They kept me up to date from the time they were dispatched to the time they were 5 minutes out and called me once they arrived to the location.

Judy Lynn Barns Lakewood, CA

AAA is cheaper as long as you don't get in an accident. I was "insured" by AAA for 4 years. I was in an accident and they quadrupled my premiums. I have Geico now and they are GREAT! My daughter hit and totaled my neighbors parked car when I was giving her a driving lesson and my rates didn't go up one single dollar. They even gave me the loyalty discount when I renewed my policy. It is so(!) worth the $200 more I pay a year. They really had my back. And my neighbors back too.. Geico took such good care of them that they switched to geico. He told me that they were with AAA for years and their rates hadn't went down at all. For years I gave AAA my money without an accident. I could have paid for the damage myself with the money I gave them, then my rates went up 4×s what they were. This Is 100% the God's honest truth. I'm not being payed by Geico. Use them, or not, just don't use AAA. They suck.

Adam Watson ,

The fleet manager Randy M. is an amazing guy, Great service, very caring. He went way above and beyond my expectations. Even when we got to the service station he stuck around to help and make sure we got our vehicle back on the road. Thanks again Randy #LETHENRYDOIT

R. Spinelle Greer, SC

The service consultant took the time to explain each and every item that needed to be done. The technician was very professional and neat. He took his time and rechecked everything to make sure he didn't miss anything. I have complete confidence in AAA on Tanner Road.

Molly Brewer Cypress, CA

I recently had to renew my registration for my vehicle. Karen DoDsman helped me with the process. I told her i was running late for another appointment and she was very sincere about it. She was prompt, thorough, and efficient. Having been helped by someone who was as personable as her made me renew my AAA services for the years to come!

Kyra Norton, MA

I had a flat tire. Two gentlemen from C&L Towing came 20 minutes before the estimated arrival time, I hardly waited long. They were polite, quick and efficient. Had my spare on in no time and they made sure I was able to continue driving. I really appreciated their work. TH E AAA customer service lady was also very helpful and polite.

Brian Siringo Lakeland, FL

Tonight a driver named Yaya went way it of her way to help my son get his car towed to our mechanic. She was punctual and among amazing.

Brendan McGovern Scituate, MA

I had a godawful experience with AAA! I was in a situation where I absolutely NEEDED a new key fob battery to get into/start my car and they refused! They claimed they don’t do that service even though a. The last time it happened, the guy that came had a battery and b. It’s a car emergency which is the entire point of their company. Maybe they didn’t provide this service before but you change with the times! I pleaded with them to help me and they refused. Think twice before using them!

C. San Diego, CA

I was promised that because my phone was loosing power that Triple A promised to call my friends phone if I could not use mine. They came a half hour early, never called any phone at all and then when I called to make further plans or pay a charge for missing them because they did not follow instructions, the phone would hang up on me... after years of sending money and the once time I ask for help- they treat one horribly! Best of luck to everyone else!

Snow123 ,

Today I became a customer. Paid my 75$ for 1st day customer road service. Since I was in an emergency I needed the service today. Well let me tell you how AAA didn’t do their job even after I paid them. 1st off the customer service agents don’t care. Spoke to the 1st customer service agent he did my membership and that came out fine. It wasn’t until I spoke with road side service dispatch and he completely got everything wrong!!! Didn’t give them the right address therefore I had to wait longer at my location. Worst comes to worst a police comes up and has to get a tow to remove me all bc dispatch got the wrong address. I was very clear in what I said. Bad customer service and bad dispatch road side service. They don’t care that you need help. Just want money. I had to pay the tow truck to take me home 200$ and then plus I had to pay for AAA SERVICES. 51$ year membership and 75$ first time customer first day service fee. So I’m out 300$ all bc the stupid dispatch didn’t get the address right. I highly don’t recommend AAA

Betty Barsoumian Burbank, CA

Not the best company. I have been a customer for 29 years ... which absolutely NOTHING to them. Since I live in California, my home is now automatically a fire hazard now, ridiculous. Not only are they not renewing my home owners insurance, but since I don't have multiple policies, now my car insurance is going up $400 a year, even though I have not accidents, tickets and am a safe drive. When did this become ok??? Are we not paying for insurance for our entire lifetime so that when we need help, they are there to help? No, not at all. They are simple in it to make money, period! Your loyalty to have home, car and life insurance means nothing. Toss you aside and simply move on.

Manuel Ungaro Pompano Beach, FL

The 9 of December I did request a tow service from 95 north birch , Harbor Haven Building in Fort Lauderdale, To tow my vehicle to the 14 Laredo place Valencia village in Davie, they said the service scheduled , was set up to be towed at 1,30 pm , after that they postponed every hour the service, that much that they took 7 hours to finally show on, That they I did got late (3hours lost) into my work that afternoon and had to request , my brother to come and cover me, ( he used 5 hours of his work) the company that did the tow was named 1925 N Combee Rd, Lakeland, the vehicle had the USDOT -2998447, The driver was all the time rude and careless about customer service, nor the reputation of AAA, by the end He did dropped my car 3 blocks away from the address he was supposed to do it.

Celeste Orlando, FL

For the past few services that I had needed I have to say has been a nightmare. The initial service call is always an hour to ninety minutes and then they’ll call, or text and say the ETA has changed to a ridiculous amount of time which is then an additional hour to two. I’m so sick and tired of this poor service. If an ETA is given, drivers need to get to the customer. I’m aware of traffic delays, but this happens to me any and every time I call for roadside assistance. AAA needs to get better contractors on board who take their jobs serious and is all about getting to the customer to assist them. I rate them a 2 for lack of customer satisfactions for me. Train your contractors better and the AAA way and this wouldn’t be a problem.

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

I like that I receive a discount when I group my home insurance with my auto insurance. Every bit of savings helps! Local offices have helpful agents and tons of information on more that just insurance! I love the travel savings that I receive as a AAA member.

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

I use AAA for my home insurance and their rates were by far the most competitive for the kind of coverage they were providing. We are long-term members of all things AAA and have always been very pleased with their services and customer service.

Ronda Hills

We have always received professional customer service. When necessary, placing a claim has been stress free. I was attracted to AAA because they offered a brick exclusion option for earthquake coverage, making this extra coverage affordable.

Michael Fleming ,

I have AAA premiere and. Bought a new bike and needed to tow my bike home mind you I have a 200 mile tow with premiere, and AAA would not tow me because I wasn't broke down on the side of the road even though the back tire was flat from sitting, I was totally disappointed in their customer service as I failed to read the fine print even though I pay 220.00 a year for the service.

Zeynep Alag Philadelphia, PA

Worst experience ever. Customer service horrible, supervizor and all other customer service representitive are rude, Roadside assistance (i have no words for that) i wait 4 hours to tow my car truck never came. And I paid extra money for tow my car. Nobody handle the problem. I don't know what's happened to this company but it's gone straight downhill and I'll never use them again.

DHusk ,

Currently dealing with AAA is a joke. It's been a month since the last person was in my home to look at/repair damages we made a claim on. In the appempt to make some repairs initially and prep for the full repair. A damaged hose was used to drain water from the damaged area to the sink. The damaged hose leaked water all over a previously unaffected area of the house. Further damaging carpet and padding in the hall way and a second bedroom. We just found out that AAA has not paid the bill for the contractor they hired to do the demo to prep for repairs. I now have a bill in hand the contractor expexts me to pay. AAA will not return my calls. We elevated the issue to management, who is also not returning calls. We are very disappointed as we have been with AAA for well over 40 years. This is by far the worst experience we have had with them.

DyQuan McFliggins Orlando, FL

As a new member this was the worst experience I ever had with any type of service on the phone with AAA. I had no problem with the service until I signed up and the policy changed. I was stranded and could not move and they left me on hold most of the call. They just transferring me to another person and at the end of the day just left me on the phone and hung up on me. So at the end of the day if your team member knows your policy has changed and did not imply that there was going to be an up charge on the service why talk to the customer anyway. At the end of the day I never got help and was stuck on the road.

Jesus Bramasco Riverside, CA

8 year loyal customer. Not for much longer. I was told on the phone that I had auto pay. So I was feeling worry free until my car got stolen a couple of days after renewal was suppose to be taken out. I was told that I am not covered and that I have to deal with this out of my own pocket. This company is only out for it self. I can't believe I stayed with them for this long. Maybe I should look into hiring an attorney ? This is going to ruin my credit. I feel like they have just kicked me while I'm already down. I highly dont recommend using AAA. THEY WILL TRY NOT COVER YOU IN ANYWAY THEY CAN. NOT A COMPANY TO BE TRUSTED. I feel violated.

lola A Long Beach, CA

I do not use AAA when it cost $90 for a service call, so once they say, unfortunately, this is your fifth call, you will be charged $90 for this before service I decline and find alternative means. For this reason, I always ask if each service is within my membership. I was always told yes. It is within your membership. You still have 2 more calls. So you can imagine my surprise four months later when I was told that my account will be going to collections because I did not pay for a service. One of their own people said this to me "Their system glitched or was down the day of the service you should have not even been given the service if it was the fifth call". Another representative said even if we told you that you still had more free calls, we are still charging you now. What made it worse is that their system had my brother who is just an additional driver as the main driver and was sending him to collections. It is my signature on the documents. I have to pay now because my brother is on the line, but AAA no more. By the way, according to their bill, we are all still in 1920, not 2020. Fix your computers AAA There are other companies that offer 6 - 8 calls and are way cheaper than AAA

JMcClure Novi, MI

The fact that I made a call to have my car picked up, the person on the phone to say that it’d be an estimated 2 hours. I got there 1 hour and 45 minutes later, waited 20 minutes, tracked said the driver was at the location. Waited another 20 minutes, still nothing. I called the office and got put on hold only for them to tell me that the only thing I could do was wait for the driver to call me. Waited another 20 minutes, still didn’t hear anything. Called the office again, and they put me through to a PR rep who told me that they couldn’t do anything besides have me wait for the driver, who upon arrival as I was on the phone, still had a car on his truck and told me that after waiting an initial hour after the ‘estimated ‘ time of arrival I would have to wait another hour and a half minimum while he went and dropped off the other car. So now I have waisted a total of four hours waiting for my car to be picked up, and after talking to the same PR rep again, he told me that since they only give ‘estimated’ times of arrival that they couldn’t do anything to help me but to see if I would leave the keys in the car unlocked and wait for the driver to come back and hopefully transport my car to the designated location. I am furious with the caller assistance service, and I have waisted a huge portion of my day to no avail of hearing anything still about my car.

Rosa Los Angeles, CA

When it came to renew after 3 loyal years, I had a problem with what was the correct amount I should be paying, even spoke to manager and overallI got 6 different quotes and none were correct! So I canceled and had to change insurance Co. Don't want to be dealing with that when its time to renew again.👎

Alyssa Bennett , NY

I've been waiting for a two truck for almost 3 hours. I've called the company multiple times and they couldnt give me a definite answer. The service so far has been horrible. This isnt the first time it has happened, it isnt convenient for me at all.

Sarah Hernandez Apple Valley, CA

I called on dec 3 at 7:30ish, I had a flat tire on the busiest freeway in San Bernardino county. I was told a tech would arrive in 30 min..no one ever showed! I call again, waited another 30 minutes, still no one showed! I had to call someone else to come help me. This service is useless and the techs they hire are ignorant that can't find the exact location where one is stranded!

Tia Inverness, FL

I had a nail in my tire so I called AAA, and Rod from Ocala, FL came out and fixed it for me. He was very helpful and super nice!

Vicki DeFrank St. Petersburg, FL

2 is a bit high for this incident....called this morning to switch out my 2nd person . Daryl took my info and then placed me on hold to speak to his supervisor. 17 + minutes later I finally hung up. And didn't get a call back nor a call to give my review.

Jackie Martinez Carlsbad, CA

Been with the company for 8 years and Have several policies under my household with them and every year they link all the other 2 policies with my account and over change me and I want to make it clear that both accounts have their own policy numbers and member ship is also different !!!! They are so unprofessional and should be fine for not keeping track of this kind of stuff it happens every year

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

I have AAA for renters insurance and i would recommend to anyone. They are easy to get ahold of someone if you need help with anything and very prompt

Victoria Erese Sydney, NSW

Truck 12 - Baha and Daniel Great service! Efficient and friendly service.

Sheryl Hairston North, SC

I placed the call at 0730. After several phone calls with concerns, it is almost 10am, still no one has shown up! I leave the rest to your imagination!

Kyle Strong Elgin, IL

I really dislike triple AAA due to the fact that i was in desperate need of tow and just because my girlfriend wasn't there to show ID due to her being out of town i was stuck for hours and for that we are canceling

Peter Gucci Brockton, MA

I'd like to thank bill from East Side in Rhode Island.. he came within 10 minutes...very polite and real helpful

Cindy Rose Lakeland, FL

It is 9:15 PM as I sit on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Put a call in to AAA at 5:15. Through what appears to be many errors from many people on many phone calls we did not have help arrive until 10 minutes ago. I’ve had AAA my entire adult life, over 35 years, and I have never been so disgusted and disappointed in my life

Henry Patterson , TX

AAA starts out as a good company, but then the next thing you know, their sticking their hands in your pockets ,and coming up with all kinds of excuses why they did it, their just another insurance company out to RIP you off,time for a change.

Martha Tallapoosa, GA

I have been with AAA for 3 months and I ask to please defer a payment for me because I just started back to work. They told me it takes 21 days to stop a electronic debit, which is total bullcrap!! I am very disappointed in them already. Terrible!!!

Melissa Garcia Northwood, OH

Steve came for our lockout and performed quick and efficient professional service! Thank you.

David vargas Riverside, CA

I need to make changes to my policy and the people can’t help me.”they say my account is frozen and that they will call me back but never do has been over a month very upset with customer service

Seth Grabert Salt Lake City, UT

Great insurance my house flooded and they came out and was awesome with advice

Ramsey Olathe, KS

This last experience was amazing! Quick and very sweet guy named Branden!