SelectHealth Logo

SelectHealth

6.9

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

We have been with them for a long time. Easy to get ahold of someone and they always answer my questions and are willing to help!

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

Select Health is a great health insurance company. Great rates. Costumer service is always helpful and accepted most places around where I live.

Wendy Ericksen Salt Lake City, UT

I've had great experiences with SelectHealth covering my routine and maintenance care. No major surprises. Good coverage.

Crystal Logan, UT

Great insurance. Easy to understand. Amazing customer service. Their statements and payment options are easy to understand. They have financial assistance as well

Lilly Logan, UT

I am a broker and I enjoy selling fir select health. They are a very solid, steady company that offers quality insurance, good customer service, and fair prices.

J Connelly Saratoga Springs, UT

We had select health for 12 years. I feel like almost all places take that insurance. We had a problem with billing when I had my last son and had to go through a process but they did end up covering it.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Great customer service and provide a wide variety of providers. I generally am able to find a provider that I am compatible with and will listen to my needs. Easy to contact customer service.

Kilee Wagner Bountiful, UT

We've had select health for years and have been very happy. The EOB's are very easy to read and self explanatory. Customer service is great to answer any questions.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I had Select Health for about 6 years. Overall, I was very happy with the service. I rarely had issues with billing errors during those years and customer service was always helpful to answer questions.

Bob Muench Sandy, UT

Provided through my employer. It was good insurance, and the options that we were able to choose. They have handled cases well with few problems. Their customer service people are always helpful and friendly.

Jami Lucas Eagle Mountain, UT

I have always had this insurance and have been mostly pleased. I do feel like the deductibles are very high, and it’s hard for my family to afford most years.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

Select Health has been easy to work with as our insurer. I don’t love that our premiums keep going up drastically but that is more the health system in general. The doctor selection is really good too.

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

I think Select Health is decent. I think my plan is ok but not amazing. We've had some surgerys and births and every hospital is different so its hard to just rate the provider. They have a lot of online tools which is convenient.

Tony Riverton, UT

Of all of the insurance providers I've had, Select Health offers the best plans at the most affordable prices. Currently have a Silver plan and am renewing for 2020.

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

We have this insurance through my husbands work. They have great coverage and When I call with questions most of the employees are great in explaining things and answering my questions.

Cathy Lloyd Pleasant Grove, UT

Overall, we really have been pleased with SelectHealth. Most of our doctors are on their provider list. The quality of care is great. However, sometimes their billing company is very difficult to deal with.

Cynthia Carman American Fork, UT

I have been with Select Health for nine years now, and the times I have needed to use it for my children's wellness checks have gone very smoothly and the billing process is quite easy.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

We had Select Health for a number of years before switching. I feel like because of IHC, Select Health takes advantage of the market and their prices are high because of it. I never felt like we had great insurance, just alright. Customer service is polite but this wasn't enough to stay with Select Health.

Holly American Fork, UT

Select health has taken care of us and some very scary situations. I feel I can trust them to help me resolve issues. They seem to work extremely well with any doctor I’ve ever tried to see.

Sarah Wright

We loved Select Health. There were a lot of doctor and facility options and their prices were really good. They covered us through some really tough times.

Ryan H American Fork, UT

Select Health is great. I have been a long-time customer and have always been able to have my questions answered. I would likely recommend to others if they live in Utah since that is where they primarily operated.

Dave Ros Pleasant Grove, UT

There are many primary and specialty doctors to choose from. I do feel that there are way too many people per doctor. The doctors within the network are great, but the office staff isn't very customer oriented.

Ann Bailey Lehi, UT

I am impressed with every time I call Customer Service at Select Health, they are very knowledgable, speedy, and try to resolve my issue at hand quickly.

Tim Berrett American Fork, UT

We pay a lot in premiums just to have a high deductible insurance policy, then select health does all it can to get out of paying for products/services and make the process as difficult, complicated and frustrating as possible. I don't trust this company but we had to have it through my employer. I am glad my employer switched to a new insurance company recently.

Valarie Heaps Lehi, UT

we have select health and I like it however being self employed it's hard because the premiums are soooo expensive. I just wish health insurance was more affordable. But we are grateful for the coverage we have. they are great to work with.

kerry perez Orem, UT

Was a Select health customer... loved the multi options available to customers. very friendly customer service support that was reliable to vendors to contact for info..

Mauri Brewer Lehi, UT

Select health has been our favorite health insurance. We had to switch because of job change and we were so sad about that. Great list of providers and. Excellent customer service.

Virginia Rosenthal Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been able to find good primary doctors and specialists within the network. I do find that the doctors are always busy and it is difficult to find appointments times that are not out 3 weeks+.

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton Alpine, UT

Select Health has been ok to work with. However, There have been times when their phone support system is hard to get through. I have been on hold long wait times to speak to a representative. Overall, I am satisfied.

Shawn American Fork, UT

I like that they have so many providers. Lots of instacares. Can get in same day if need to. Customer service is great when ever I need to call. Pay claims quickly

James Randall Riverton, UT

Great company (as far as insurance companies go). . .service is great, provider options are great. They have always gotten our bills paid relatively quickly and painlessly.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

We had this healthcare through previous employers and we enjoyed their service a lot. When my daughter broke her arm their coverage was a blessing as I would have been in trouble trying to pay for all of it myself.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

We have had Select Health for years and they have been good for our family. The only complaint I have is their insurance premiums. It seems every year the costs go up while the benefits go down.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Our insurance company. Offers us the best health/dental/FSA combo package. I have shopped around, but they are the best! The health plans are the cheapest that I have seen, but doesn't sacrifice quality.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

We used Select Health over 15 years ago but had to switch to another plan because employer chose a different company to use. We miss them. They had great coverage and supporting Dr's but that was 15 years ago. Not sure how they would compare now.

Erin Rhoton Pleasant Grove, UT

I have loved Select Health for my health insurance. They have great customer service and I can easily get a hold of someone if I have any questions about a bill.

Trent Provo, UT

I them as a provider and the rates are pretty expensive, but the packages have good coverage. I have never been sick while with them, so I don't know how easy it is to file claims.

james brammer Midvale, UT

Costumer service is bad. They tell you are denied service, but did not send a letter out. I filed an appeal, but never heard from them. So I called them and I was denied. But never receive a letter from them. Most of the doctors I have talk to . Do not like Select Health Company.

Brady Salt Lake City, UT

Highly unethical. Once I hit my maximum out of pocket for the year the physician on the payroll for Select Health denied my case because they claimed to see something different on my MRI that half a dozen other radiologists, specialists, and surgeons could not see.

Stephanie Lutz Roy, UT

Select health covers a lot of things for us. I wish it didn't get more expensive every year, but they have good coverage for my medications.

Brody Nichols Salt Lake City, UT

Select Health denied me a life saving procedure for my 15 year old son. This is his response once I told him they denied his surgery to save his kidneys! Then why arnt you helping me? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT US TO DO NOW THAT MY ONLY OPTION HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY YOU? YOU ARNT HELPING, ALL YOUR DOING IS DENYING MY EXISTENCE!

Sara Jenson

I have had select health for a couple years now and have not been impressed! I live in a rural area and because of that there are no doctors/counselors etc... in my area, you are expected to travel to a bigger city so that you can be seen by anyone which for.me happens to be 80+ miles away!! RIDICULOUS!!!!

Darren Westhora Tooele, UT

Made sure the procedure we were looking at was covered by our insurance and were told it would be just the normal co-pay. A bill came for over $2000. This company is a joke. They deny ever telling us it was just the co-pay.

Ashlee Salt Lake City, UT

Absolutely the worst insurance company we have ever had! THEY COVER ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP OUR 4 YEAR OLD SON WITH AUTISM!! they discriminate against people with Autism and it is absolutely wrong!!! WE pay hundreds a month and have received nothing literally Nothing in return!!

Tammy West Valley City, UT

SelectHealth has good medical coverage. They are easy to work with and politely answer any questions when I call.

Rachel Butler Provo, UT

I don’t love it. Pretty disappointed by coverage, difficult to understand charges etc. doesn’t feel like the company advocates for me as an individual

Jake Mecham Lehi, UT

Absolutely superior. It is much cheaper than other health insurance companies and you actually get great service.

Alexis Hirschi Idaho Falls, ID

I've been with Select Health for several years now. The prices are good and they're always quick to help when I have a situation come up.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

I have been lucky enough to have select health insurance for years. My claims get paid quickly and they always have the providers I want.

Heather Anderson Providence, UT

SelectHealth has been good to work with our family. They are easy to communicate with and I feel like their coverage is better than most insurance companies.