With decades of experience, SelectHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to its members.

SelectHealth offers customers a variety of health care plans. Customers can also purchase dental insurance from SelectHealth.

View SelectHealth Reviews

SelectHealth works with Intermountain Healthcare to enhance healthcare value for members in Utah and Idaho. It has received several awards and recognitions for its health plans, caliber, and member satisfaction.

The Good

• Health Insurance Plans Offered
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • Customer Service

Health Insurance Plans Offered

SelectHealth has a lot of health insurance plan options to choose from. The health insurance plans are not limited to just one format. SelectHealth offers private health insurance plans and health plans that meet the Affordable Care Act's requirements like covering the essential health benefits, including preventive care. It also offers Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and dental insurance plans.

SelectHealth even offers short-term health insurance for individuals or families who are in between jobs or simply need temporary coverage.

Health insurance premiums, annual deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses (copays and coinsurance) for each plan vary based on several factors, including the coverage offered, age of the insured, and number of people insured. Some consumers may qualify for a monthly premium subsidy instituted by the Affordable Care Act.

Provider networks may also vary based on the plan you choose. For example, Preferred Provider Network (PPO) plans cover in- and out-of-network patient care, though at different rates. PPO plan members benefit from greater flexibility when choosing a physician.

Member Resources

The online member portal through SelectHealth is called MyHealth and gives plan enrollees access to so many tools. Through it, you can view your health plan's benefits, limitations, and coverage. You can also read up on your rights and responsibilities as a member and get help finding a primary care physician or specialist and setting up appointments. These services apply to both general practitioners, mental health physicians, and other care providers.

One perk to SelectHealth's claims process is that it is paperless. You won't have to deal with that hassle, and once you file a claim you can track it 24/7 online. SelectHealth has a member services phone number, but members can only contact them during certain business hours with this number.

Unique Features

Like most other health insurance companies, SelectHealth has both a Find a Doctor tool and a Find a Facility tool. On the website, you'll also find simple explanations for each plan and ways to contact the company to find out more (and shop for plans that are specific to you).

The mobile app is also convenient, which actually has several capabilities. On the app, users can view their health plan's benefits and see how much coverage has been used so far. Users can also use the app to find a pharmacy or urgent care, email your ID card information if needed, and even see what the status is on wait times at an Intermountain InstaCare facility.

Member discounts are definitely another advantage at SelectHealth. With a health plan, you could pay less on a gym membership, eyewear, or hearing aids. SelectHealth also has discounts on supplements, alternative medicine, and personal training-items that seem luxurious but could actually have a big positive impact on your health.

Select Heath offers health education to members who want it. Through its additional services, its programs can help get you on the road to stop smoking or to lose weight, for example.

SelectHealth was created and is operated by the well-known Intermountain Healthcare organization. This hospital system was founded in 1975, and along the way SelectHealth was initiated. It has expanded to serve customers through a variety of health plans. Intermountain Healthcare has a great customer service reputation, and this culture extends to its health insurance partner. Together, the two prize high-quality health care services.

Primarily, customers can contact SelectHealth through one of its main phone numbers (including numbers dedicated to member services) or a secure message form. It also offers the opportunity to set up a live chat or schedule a call.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Kilee Wagner from Bountiful, Utah

"We've had select health for years and have been very happy. The EOB's are very easy to read and self explanatory. Customer service is great to answer any questions."

SelectHeath does have a helpful FAQs section, social media profiles, and even a company blog. All of these resources connect them to members and potential customers as well. Once you are a member with SelectHealth, of course, your resources leave little to be desired.

This insurance company has done an excellent job of providing members with almost any tool they would need. These tools help members find health care services by locating primary care doctors or specialists and hospitals. Other tools allow members to view benefits, file a claim, and even find advice for their health.

Get Quote

The Bad

• State Availability
  • Business Hours Only

State Availability

If you're a potential Select Health customer, you'll want to know that the company only provides insurance in Utah and Idaho. If you don't live in these states, you'll need to find another insurer.

Business Hours Only

Customers can only contact Select Health during certain business hours, not 24/7. Even though members can access their online portal 24/7, it would be nice to have the option to contact a company representative, if needed, during the evening or early morning.

The Bottom Line

Medical expenses can be high and difficult to pay for. Having a health insurance plan provides policyholders with access to discounted health care prices and help paying for care. These discounts, deductibles, and limits on out-of-pocket expenses are frequently referred to as health benefits.

The pros heavily outweigh the cons with Select Health. True, its service area is quite small, limited to only two states: Utah and Idaho. Because of this, its customer base and network are much smaller, and SelectHealth insurance policies aren't available to most consumers in the United States.

As long as you live in one of these two states, this insurance company carries the promise of positive customer service, a variety of health plans, and convenient tools. It's easy to explore plans, compare premium costs and deductible amounts.

Once you enroll, SelectHealth makes it easy to find a network doctor with its Find a Doctor tool. Its paperwork is all available online through a member portal.

Considering the good service it offers, SelectHealth is a recommended insurer for health insurance.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Health below.

3.8

Jennifer Greenwood

September 15th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been pleased with our service until recently when I really needed to go to a special doctor who wasn’t in our network, they won’t help us. It’s a serious back problem and the options we have aren’t as good as we need. I’m disappointed.

Shari Evers

September 15th, 2018 Lehi, UT

I love that there are more and more IHC hospitals popping up around the state. It makes going to the doctor so much more convenient, especially since making time to go to the doctor is not fun at all! So, now that I'm on select healths insurance it has opened up so many more options of facilities and doctors! Between me and mys kids we should have a standing appointment weekly!

Isaac Greenwood

September 15th, 2018 Riverton, UT

They are a great company that will do anything to help you if you get stuck in a sticky situation.

Tracy

September 15th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I have numerous medical problems and have always been able to have my bills taken care of in a timely manner. When I have had any issues come up, they have always been addressed professionally.

Amber

September 15th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

We just switched to Select Health because the premiums were so cheap compared to other health insurances.

Tevita

September 12th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Select Health has always been good to us. They are our first choice with health insurance. Great customer service and very helpful.

Jo Lars

August 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been a Select Health member for years! I have always been treated fairly and with respect. The doctors that I prefer accept this health plan. My coverage is easy to understand and easy to use.

James Larson

August 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We have had Select Health for years and they have been good for our family. The only complaint I have is their insurance premiums. It seems every year the costs go up while the benefits go down.

wanda

August 30th, 2018 Saint George, UT

loyal customer for years. They have our physician and specialty physicians in network. the billing statements are easy to read. when i have spoken with the billing and customer service department they have all been very helpful and kind. explains my benefits very clearly. They mail you out a book of all the physicians covered under your plan. very helpful.

Derek Scoville

August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our insurance company. Offers us the best health/dental/FSA combo package. I have shopped around, but they are the best! The health plans are the cheapest that I have seen, but doesn't sacrifice quality.

Kim Miller

August 29th, 2018 Lindon, UT

We know we are in good hands with Select Med. Great customer service and great providers.

Tualagi

August 28th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Select Health cares about people and offers financial assistance. They try everything they can to make sure we are happy and our questions have been answered. they want to make sure we understand our billing statement. Provider's listed with Select Health are the best and it shows.

Brian Slade

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

We've always been impressed by how they've handled claims in a timely manner.

Rory Henrie

August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had the opportunity to use my health insurance several times. They take care of the billing like an insurance company is supposed to. They have made mistakes but are quick to explain and correct them. I would recommend.

J Paul Wright

August 27th, 2018 Central, UT

Select Health as my previous insurance provider. They were always easy to work with and were good at answering questions. We did have them refuse payment on some items, but generally were good, especially considering with had two children with cancer while insured with them.

Shanna

August 27th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

We've had this insurance for about 10 years. I've loved them and they've been great. We just hate that the premiums keep going up.

Mali

August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

Its a popular insurance in the state of Utah. I only go to IHC physicians and hospitals and they accept this insurance. Everyone is always so helpful and pleasant when i talk to the billing department or looking for providers that are in network. Statements are readable and easy to understand. I also don't pay and arm and a leg monthly either to cover my entire family.

Kristiane R Durfey

August 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used Select Health over 15 years ago but had to switch to another plan because employer chose a different company to use. We miss them. They had great coverage and supporting Dr's but that was 15 years ago. Not sure how they would compare now.

Robin

August 25th, 2018 Orem, UT

had this insurance for many years now and i have no complaints. statements are easy to read. billing department is helpful when i need someone to explain charges to me. physicians and surgeons all take this insurance.

Jr

August 25th, 2018 Orem, UT

Select Health has been my families insurance for 6 years now. we are very happy with the choice of physicians, hospitals, office co-pays, prescription cost that is covered through Select Health.

Maria

August 24th, 2018 Draper, UT

So far no problems with the insurance, but haven't needed to use it yet. Wish it had a vision benefit for contacts and our optometrist.

Rashida Laumatia

August 24th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Love Select Health. Always great customer service. Never takes me long to speak to someone. Also very Inexpensive.

tini mapu

August 24th, 2018 Orem, UT

I had this company for a short time. They were good during the time I was with a certain company. They were fairly priced. Customer service was always so prompt. I don't like calling a place when they take forever to answer the phones. These guys always let you speak to a real person not a computer.

NT

August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

This has been one of the best insurance company my family has been with. Customer service is knowledgeable and answers my questions clearly and promptly. statements are easy to view/read.

Kyrstin

August 23rd, 2018 South Jordan, UT

So far I haven’t been a huge fan of this company. We have had countless communication or billing errors when working with customer service. When signing up for the plan for our son after he was born, they didn’t mention to us that his birth wouldn’t be covered because his birth was out of the network that our plan would be covering, that was the whole reason we were signing up the insurance plan so we were very disappointed to find out that we had to pay the 4000 dollars in medical bills for his birth out of pocket. One kind employee helped me to file an appeal but the appeal was denied and it was obvious by their reply that they didn’t even fully read what was written in the appeal as their reason for denying it had nothing to do with the issue at hand. When I called in again I was told that my plan only allowed me one level of appeals so there was nothing I could do. We like that the plan is rather cheap but be careful!

Troy Millett

August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

I have not had insurance with Select Health now for about 5 years. Prior to that, I had Select Health insurance for probably 8 to 10 years or more. They were always good to work with if I had a concern or issue with a claim. They paid claims on time and accurately.

Dave Brinton

August 20th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The were offered by my employer. Very helpful when signing up, and transitioning.

Annalynne Thomas

August 19th, 2018 Ivins, UT

They give decent coverage at a good cost. Our doctor we already had was in network. We have not had any issues yet.

Nicole Garrett

August 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT

I have been happy with my insurance and the coverage.

Jodie Larson

August 17th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Select Health is my current healthcare provider. I love that they have a variety of plans at a variety of prices so that I can choose the plan that is best for my family and our circumstances. There are lots of in network doctors to choose from. Their in network hospitals are numberous. When I have called customer service, they have been friendly and helpful. Overall, a positive experience with health insurance.

Carolynn

August 16th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

Have had them for years and have always had good experiences with them. If I have questions about coverage or a bill, they explain it to me until I understand why or why not it is covered. Their websites are easy to navigate to find doctors/clinics/hospitals.

Adam Walker

July 23rd, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

Affordable, overall I can’t complain with the provider options and cost.

Marilyn Greer

July 21st, 2018 Saint George, UT

The doctors are all great but the copays are too high.

Hunter Scott

July 16th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very positive. THeir EOB are timely and accurate.

Mack

July 16th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor. No followup and hard to find an excepting therapist

Taylor Vance

July 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

So far no issues. I have called in to their customer service a couple of times and they have always been very quick and knowledgeable. We haven't had any large expenses to cover yet.

Spencer Hodgson

July 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

They offer competitive pricing and good coverage for what you're paying.

Kim Haslam

July 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor service pay for members annual physical including thoriod test etc. This insurance company does not pay for all our anuall physical.

Amelia Gibson

June 5th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Select Health is super efficient, and very helpful. I also like how they Have super great customer service.

CAROLE SCOVILLE

June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been with these guys for years and I love that they always answer the phone quickly and don't transfer you all around to find answers. Usually the person who answers the call knows just what I need.

David Lewis

May 1st, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health has been good to me. Every time I had an insurance claim Select Health has always been able to answer any questions I have about the claim. I have had everything covered up to this point. I have a high deductible plan with an HSA account which has been very affordable. I will likely remain with Select Health for a long time.

Cade Baker

May 1st, 2018 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Coverage has been great so far, and it's saved me a lot of money in the long run. I have a lot of medical expenses.

K Robison

April 29th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good health insurance plans and decent pricing. Customer service is very helpful.

Erin Rhoton

April 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have loved Select Health for my health insurance. They have great customer service and I can easily get a hold of someone if I have any questions about a bill.

Schon

April 24th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had this insurance for a long time and I've always thought the value and coverage has been great.

Donna Haslam

April 20th, 2018 Saint George, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm unable to do an annual physical due to select health does not pay for the entire preventive blood works as all other Insurance company in the past 6 year. We got Select Health from the market place and was told our annual physical is covered as preventive however select health will not pay for your entire blood work. They are a total scam company. If we could rate at 0 star that would be the rating they get plus customer service is lacking need training etc.

Chase H

April 18th, 2018 Provo, UT

Select Health has offered good coverage. We have been under their medicaid program though, so may be a little different. Not too much to say besides they are dependable.

Trent

April 17th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I them as a provider and the rates are pretty expensive, but the packages have good coverage. I have never been sick while with them, so I don't know how easy it is to file claims.

Amanda

April 16th, 2018 Sherwood, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love them! in Utah they are one of the main company and sometimes the only one certain hospital accept! I had a baby while on a really good plan with them and didnt have any issues with billings or anything. Also used them while on Medicaid and didnt have to pay anything with baby number 2 and got a free pump. They were very pro active in letting me know what I was allowed to benefit from both from the paying insurance and the medicaid option!

Anne Marie Milne

April 15th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health has been great for a number of years. Good deductibles and reasonable prices. I have to have a lot of work done because I have back and neck problems and I know I can count on Select Health.