SelectHealth Logo

SelectHealth

7.3

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I choose Selecthealth for my health insurance every year because I trust them to take care of my family. They pay out quickly and cover everything we need covered. The customer service is always helpful.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I've had Select Health insurance since 2010. They have paid all the insurance that they say they would. Whenever I have called to make sure a claim has been paid it has been able to be taken care of quickly. I trust that Select Health will pay their claims.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

We have like Select Health Insurance. The coverage is great and the number of available facilities and providers is large. They are quick to pay out benefits and to inform us what they plan on paying.

fernandopessoa South Jordan, UT

We have had select health for a long time and it’s super Expensive for what we get. We still play $1100/month and that’s for a high deductible plan (14,000). Customer service has always been decent when i have had to call though. I always ask what the out of pocket cost is not because chances are it significantly cheaper than running it through your insurance. Mixed feelings.

Victoria American Fork, UT

I love Select Health! They are super easy to work with and made it easier when my husband got cancer and all the bills started coming in. They really worked hard to help us with the bills!

Helen Macfarlane Pleasant Grove, UT

When my husband was working, his company provided us with Select Health insurance coverage. They had good customer service and the cost was very reasonable. Would highly recommend!

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

I have had Select Health insurance almost my entire professional career. I have been impressed with the doctors and the care we have received under this insurance. They are helpful when trying to determine out of pocket expenses for procedures which helps me plan.

Michelle Mortimer Saratoga Springs, UT

I appreciate having good health insurance. There are not a lot of options for insurance here so I feel that drives the price up. But I am grateful to have the insurance I need to cover my medical needs.

Brennan Orem, UT

Best health insurance we have ever had. Great selection of providers and clinics. We have never had an issue with payments or denials. Great price and great customer service. Get Select Health if you can!

Charlene Mackay Orem, UT

We had really good experiences with Select Health. I felt like there was very good access to high-quality doctors and facilities. The website was also the best I’ve ever used for tracking claims, lab results, etc.

Kalli Binks Payson, UT

We have been with Selecthealth for years now and have never had a problem with this company. They are quick to respond to any troubleshooting you may have and always put their costumers first.

Nicole Mills Lehi, UT

I love select health and eveything they have to offer. They now have a program through my employer that helps us earn cash as we better our health by being active and learning new things about being healthier!!

Lauren Jorgensen Salt Lake City, UT

This is great insurance. My favorite part is how friendly the costumer service is. I have called them with many questions and they are always quick to get the answer and very friendly.

Micah Bradshaw Salem, UT

Currently have Select Health Insurance. I like the online tools available to help motivate me to become healthier. So far, the insurance has been easy to use and we haven't had any problems with coverage.

Leslee Muramoto Draper, UT

I’ve dealt with several different health insurance companies over the years. SelectHealth has many different options for coverage, which is nice. I’ve never had issues with having to fight claims, they’ve been easy to work with. But like all other medical insurance, it’s pricey!

Hadley American Fork, UT

I really like select health, and the service they offer. I have really good doctors, and have enjoyed my visits for the most part. They are very kind, and will try to get you in as soon as possible.

Katie Howard Pleasant Grove, UT

We had a good experience with this insurance coverage. It is widely accepted in our area, with a full network of hospitals in its family. The premiums were reasonable for the coverage we got, although that was probably more to do with our employer plan than with the insurance company itself. Pretty easy to use without many problems.

Angela Pyrah Willard, MO

Coverage is great for where we live now. We had it in before but no health care providers in that area we within the plan. Now we have great coverage, just feel like this company does not do a great job of getting coverage in all places.

Amy Leifi Orem, UT

For the most part, I've been very pleased with Select Health. Their customer service has been great - super helpful and knowledgeable when I've had to call them. Insurance is so expensive, and i wish I got more for my money, but that goes for all insurance companies.

Heather Vernal, UT

I have been a select health member for 2 years through my husband’s work. I am not completely satisfied with the amount of care I get compared to the cost I have to pay. I generally feel like I am overpaying and get under serviced. It cost me $1500 to visit the ER, and with my previous insurance it was only $200. I also wish there was more transparency in billing.

mgillings

Wide variety of providers near me. We ran into a billing issue with one of our providers.... one quick call to customer service and they found that there was a code billing error, they quickly fixed the problem between the provider and Select Health! Everything was taken care of with one quick call!

Jennifer Greenwood Draper, UT

I’ve been pleased with our service until recently when I really needed to go to a special doctor who wasn’t in our network, they won’t help us. It’s a serious back problem and the options we have aren’t as good as we need. I’m disappointed.

Tracy Salt Lake City, UT

I have numerous medical problems and have always been able to have my bills taken care of in a timely manner. When I have had any issues come up, they have always been addressed professionally.

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been a Select Health member for years! I have always been treated fairly and with respect. The doctors that I prefer accept this health plan. My coverage is easy to understand and easy to use.

Robin Orem, UT

had this insurance for many years now and i have no complaints. statements are easy to read. billing department is helpful when i need someone to explain charges to me. physicians and surgeons all take this insurance.

Jr Orem, UT

Select Health has been my families insurance for 6 years now. we are very happy with the choice of physicians, hospitals, office co-pays, prescription cost that is covered through Select Health.

tini mapu Orem, UT

I had this company for a short time. They were good during the time I was with a certain company. They were fairly priced. Customer service was always so prompt. I don't like calling a place when they take forever to answer the phones. These guys always let you speak to a real person not a computer.

NT Pleasant Grove, UT

This has been one of the best insurance company my family has been with. Customer service is knowledgeable and answers my questions clearly and promptly. statements are easy to view/read.

Kyrstin South Jordan, UT

So far I haven’t been a huge fan of this company. We have had countless communication or billing errors when working with customer service. When signing up for the plan for our son after he was born, they didn’t mention to us that his birth wouldn’t be covered because his birth was out of the network that our plan would be covering, that was the whole reason we were signing up the insurance plan so we were very disappointed to find out that we had to pay the 4000 dollars in medical bills for his birth out of pocket. One kind employee helped me to file an appeal but the appeal was denied and it was obvious by their reply that they didn’t even fully read what was written in the appeal as their reason for denying it had nothing to do with the issue at hand. When I called in again I was told that my plan only allowed me one level of appeals so there was nothing I could do. We like that the plan is rather cheap but be careful!

Taylor Vance Salt Lake City, UT

So far no issues. I have called in to their customer service a couple of times and they have always been very quick and knowledgeable. We haven't had any large expenses to cover yet.

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been with these guys for years and I love that they always answer the phone quickly and don't transfer you all around to find answers. Usually the person who answers the call knows just what I need.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

Select Health has been great for a number of years. Good deductibles and reasonable prices. I have to have a lot of work done because I have back and neck problems and I know I can count on Select Health.

JS Coeur d'Alene, ID

Be VERY CAREFUL of Select Health. They want you do undergo routine procedures that require anesthesia without having it. That's about as primitive as pre civil war surgeries. I would guess that their idea of anesthesia for open heart surgery is a couple of shots of whiskey and a bullet to bite down on. Many many providers DO NOT accept this companies benefits. I'm guessing the CEO does not live by his own companies recommendations

Kinsley Johnson Kamas, UT

Select health has decided to pull doctors off their “in network coverage” half way into the year. The primary care doctor that I have seen for over 12 years is no longer covered and I cannot find an adequate “in network” physician. They also don’t have enough “in network” doctors to accommodate the amount of patients and their needs. It’s a disgusting joke and robbery. What are people paying for? Make sure to read the fine print before signing up for this insurance. And if this is the only insurance you are offered through your employer, my heart goes out to you. Good luck.

Al Layton, UT

I pay almost a thousand dollars a month in health premiums to Select Health and they refused to cover my anesthesia bill for an endoscope. They covered the procedure but would not cover the anesthesia. What kind of insurance company covers the procedure but does not cover the anesthesia. Very disappointed in Select Health -- not worth your money!! Go somewhere else if you can.

Donna Haslam Saint George, UT

I'm unable to do an annual physical due to select health does not pay for the entire preventive blood works as all other Insurance company in the past 6 year. We got Select Health from the market place and was told our annual physical is covered as preventive however select health will not pay for your entire blood work. They are a total scam company. If we could rate at 0 star that would be the rating they get plus customer service is lacking need training etc.

Laurel Vukich American Fork, UT

We've had quite a few health insurance carriers before and this one is by far, the worst. They cost a fortune and cover practically nothing, and you get dinged for anything and everything. They don't cover good doctors, which forces you out of network, which of course means you aren't covered. The other day I called Member Advocates for a good Thyroid Specialist, and they referred me to 3 OBGYN's who don't specialize in thyroid at all. I'm so frustrated that we're stuck with them for a year.

Kristen Davidson Layton, UT

Select Health has been my provider for several years. I am very happy with the service and the availability of the people who I need to speak with.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

We've been on SelectHealth for a couple years now. They've been okay. Customer service has been satisfactory, and I'm decently happy with what they cover on our plan. Again, not stellar, but not horrible.

Matthew Gluckman

Before I signed up I checked online to make sure Lialda would be covered. It was. I called and double checked and it was covered. Now after I've paid my first months payment they told me they won't cover it. Fraudulent quite frankly because it's a medicine I'm supposed to be taking 2x everyday. It seems grossly unprofessional to be disorganized with people's health. I hope anybody considering health care in the future will look elsewhere.

Angela Weese Park City, UT

The coverage was good until they renewed my policy and the premium went from 81.00 a month to 419.00 a month!! i only make 34,000 a year so there is no way i can afford the coverage! What are you supposed to do when you cant pay 400.00 a month? I cancelled it, i had no other choice so now I have no coverage and nowhere to go to get coverage. This sucks because I never even used the policy!!!!

Daniel Milad TX

The worst customer service experience i have ever had. After confirming twice with a billing person that i shouldn't worry about any other charges, I received another letter from select stating that the account will go to collection if i don't pay. I am now back with United healthcare because of the extremely poor customr service. Shame on you Select health.

Kylie Blood Salt Lake City, UT

I really love select health, they work really hard to make sure you understand your insurance plans, and help you find the care you need for a great price!

Sarah-McKenzie Garza Post Falls, ID

Worst Health Insurance I've ever had. They deny part of a bundle bill. Like urgent care. They will pick and choose out of a doctors visit what they want to cover. My husband had an ultrasound done which after finally getting them to correct their coding for they covered but they refused to cover the fee to have the doctor read it. Apparently that (along with everything) is experimental. They claim everything is experimental and refuse to cover it. I have never had so many issues with an insurance carrier. Couldn't wait to get to the end of the year and go back to Blue Cross!

B Provo, UT

The problem with SelectHealth is their customer service representatives make $15 an hour and don't care. I've been misquoted insurance benefits, told the wrong deductible amount, and on, and on. They can't seem to bill the correct insurance ID despite the fact that my insurance has changed and the plan they're billing is no longer active. Stupidity upon stupidity. I don't know whether to correct their mistakes or just let them go because they're working in my favor.

corina Boise, ID

worst insurance I have EVER had to deal with. If you are pregnant or plan to use this insurance for maternity it is the worst idea you will regret it. I cant even begin to explain how horrible it is. Lets just say I had the most expensive insurance and after my baby was born continued to pay almost $500.00 a month it is now 6 months later nothing is being covered and they just continue to ask for money. Frustrating to know I was paying $500.00 a month and having collections agencies call because they are refusing to pay my claims...

Donell Twin Falls, ID

Select Health appeared good at first. They are friendly but screw things up and do not make things right. I was denied coverage by Select Health for my kids, but then back charged for 2 months of premium coverage for the kids 2 months later. I never got any proof I had insurance and just a letter of denial. They won't fix the problem and just threaten to terminate my insurance now that I have already paid. On another note they didn't want to cover a preventative flu shot for 22 bucks-- still working on that. Maybe the company just needs to replace a few people.

clair Orem, UT

this is the worse health care provider. The customer service could not give me answers the the problem I was having with my health provider. she said I swore at her. finally hung up on me. I would not use this co. as a health care provider. LOOK SOME WHERE ELSE Also when you go to the doctor make sure you say your paying with cash, it will save you about $52.00 by not going through this co.

emily Salt Lake City, UT

I've gone through 2 pregnancies - one with United Healthcare and one with Select Health. Select Health was by far worse, both in coverage and customer service. Blood tests that were supposed to be covered as preventive were rejected by Select Health, so I appealed and was rejected again. I don't get how they can reject preventive care based on the ACA. But we're stuck with them.

Gina B Salt Lake City, UT

I have had nothing but issues with this company. People tell me different things all the time, they tell me they will do something and they don't. Vast amounts of un-returned phone calls, lost paperwork- I even got accused of lying by one of their team members until I produced the call recording that proved otherwise. I would not recommend this company to anyone.