With decades of experience, SelectHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to its members.

SelectHealth offers customers a variety of health care plans. Customers can also purchase dental insurance from SelectHealth.

View SelectHealth Reviews

SelectHealth works with Intermountain Healthcare to enhance healthcare value for members in Utah and Idaho. It has received several awards and recognitions for its health plans, caliber, and member satisfaction.

The Good

• Health Insurance Plans Offered
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • Customer Service

Health Insurance Plans Offered

SelectHealth has a lot of health insurance plan options to choose from. The health insurance plans are not limited to just one format. SelectHealth offers private health insurance plans and health plans that meet the Affordable Care Act's requirements like covering the essential health benefits, including preventive care. It also offers Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and dental insurance plans.

SelectHealth even offers short-term health insurance for individuals or families who are in between jobs or simply need temporary coverage.

Health insurance premiums, annual deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses (copays and coinsurance) for each plan vary based on several factors, including the coverage offered, age of the insured, and number of people insured. Some consumers may qualify for a monthly premium subsidy instituted by the Affordable Care Act.

Provider networks may also vary based on the plan you choose. For example, Preferred Provider Network (PPO) plans cover in- and out-of-network patient care, though at different rates. PPO plan members benefit from greater flexibility when choosing a physician.

Member Resources

The online member portal through SelectHealth is called MyHealth and gives plan enrollees access to so many tools. Through it, you can view your health plan's benefits, limitations, and coverage. You can also read up on your rights and responsibilities as a member and get help finding a primary care physician or specialist and setting up appointments. These services apply to both general practitioners, mental health physicians, and other care providers.

One perk to SelectHealth's claims process is that it is paperless. You won't have to deal with that hassle, and once you file a claim you can track it 24/7 online. SelectHealth has a member services phone number, but members can only contact them during certain business hours with this number.

Unique Features

Like most other health insurance companies, SelectHealth has both a Find a Doctor tool and a Find a Facility tool. On the website, you'll also find simple explanations for each plan and ways to contact the company to find out more (and shop for plans that are specific to you).

The mobile app is also convenient, which actually has several capabilities. On the app, users can view their health plan's benefits and see how much coverage has been used so far. Users can also use the app to find a pharmacy or urgent care, email your ID card information if needed, and even see what the status is on wait times at an Intermountain InstaCare facility.

Member discounts are definitely another advantage at SelectHealth. With a health plan, you could pay less on a gym membership, eyewear, or hearing aids. SelectHealth also has discounts on supplements, alternative medicine, and personal training-items that seem luxurious but could actually have a big positive impact on your health.

Select Heath offers health education to members who want it. Through its additional services, its programs can help get you on the road to stop smoking or to lose weight, for example.

SelectHealth was created and is operated by the well-known Intermountain Healthcare organization. This hospital system was founded in 1975, and along the way SelectHealth was initiated. It has expanded to serve customers through a variety of health plans. Intermountain Healthcare has a great customer service reputation, and this culture extends to its health insurance partner. Together, the two prize high-quality health care services.

Primarily, customers can contact SelectHealth through one of its main phone numbers (including numbers dedicated to member services) or a secure message form. It also offers the opportunity to set up a live chat or schedule a call.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Kilee Wagner from Bountiful, Utah

"We've had select health for years and have been very happy. The EOB's are very easy to read and self explanatory. Customer service is great to answer any questions."

SelectHeath does have a helpful FAQs section, social media profiles, and even a company blog. All of these resources connect them to members and potential customers as well. Once you are a member with SelectHealth, of course, your resources leave little to be desired.

This insurance company has done an excellent job of providing members with almost any tool they would need. These tools help members find health care services by locating primary care doctors or specialists and hospitals. Other tools allow members to view benefits, file a claim, and even find advice for their health.

Get Quote

The Bad

• State Availability
  • Business Hours Only

State Availability

If you're a potential Select Health customer, you'll want to know that the company only provides insurance in Utah and Idaho. If you don't live in these states, you'll need to find another insurer.

Business Hours Only

Customers can only contact Select Health during certain business hours, not 24/7. Even though members can access their online portal 24/7, it would be nice to have the option to contact a company representative, if needed, during the evening or early morning.

The Bottom Line

Medical expenses can be high and difficult to pay for. Having a health insurance plan provides policyholders with access to discounted health care prices and help paying for care. These discounts, deductibles, and limits on out-of-pocket expenses are frequently referred to as health benefits.

The pros heavily outweigh the cons with Select Health. True, its service area is quite small, limited to only two states: Utah and Idaho. Because of this, its customer base and network are much smaller, and SelectHealth insurance policies aren't available to most consumers in the United States.

As long as you live in one of these two states, this insurance company carries the promise of positive customer service, a variety of health plans, and convenient tools. It's easy to explore plans, compare premium costs and deductible amounts.

Once you enroll, SelectHealth makes it easy to find a network doctor with its Find a Doctor tool. Its paperwork is all available online through a member portal.

Considering the good service it offers, SelectHealth is a recommended insurer for health insurance.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Health below.

3.8

Bethany Simko

October 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They offer low pressure plans a low prices. Very convenient and good copays. Happy about it

Aliza Henline

October 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are really good! I feel like our package isn't the best package, but that's not SelectHealth's fault... as far as easiness of finding places to accept it- it's perfect! The user interface is pretty easy to understand as well :)

Jeff Stewart

October 15th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good physician options and ease of use. The cost of insurance is always way higher than I think it should be but seems some it’s competitively priced.

Dylan Curtis

October 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had this health insurance for about 7 years in a row. We had two children born during that time and Select Health took good care of us.

Victoria

October 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Select Health! They are super easy to work with and made it easier when my husband got cancer and all the bills started coming in. They really worked hard to help us with the bills!

Amy Boren

October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have this insurance through my husbands work. They have great coverage and When I call with questions most of the employees are great in explaining things and answering my questions.

Ellie

October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very thrust wording! If you pay more than we need to, they will send your money back

Jon Scoresby

October 6th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The coverage is quite good. The providers are good and helpful. The customer service has always been good.

Michele Gardner

October 5th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Select Health as our health insurance provider for several years. They have generally been good to work with. A couple of years ago we had an issue when we received a statement saying that they weren't going to cover our flu shots. We hadn't had an issue before so we called and the rep who helped us was very pleasant and said she would take care of it and call us back when it was done. I didn't really think we would hear back, but was pleasantly surprised when we called a couple days later and said it was all taken care of.

Cathy Lloyd

October 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall, we really have been pleased with SelectHealth. Most of our doctors are on their provider list. The quality of care is great. However, sometimes their billing company is very difficult to deal with.

Ashlyn Cann

October 3rd, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have always had a pretty good experience with select health. I have been happy with their service.

Don Boren

October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The premiums were reasonable and the deductibles weren't too high. I felt like I got good coverage and had a lot of choices of doctors in the network.

Shauna Craig

October 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had SelectHealth when I worked as a nurse. We chose SelectHealth over the insurance provided by my husband's employment. SelectHealth was good to cover our medical needs.

Cynthia Carman

October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Select Health for nine years now, and the times I have needed to use it for my children's wellness checks have gone very smoothly and the billing process is quite easy.

Helen Macfarlane

September 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my husband was working, his company provided us with Select Health insurance coverage. They had good customer service and the cost was very reasonable. Would highly recommend!

Madison Scott

September 13th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

High deductibles. I always felt they were the monster looming over my health care. Every decision based on my overall health was made with the dark cloud of select health a constant in my head.

Terra Stanko

July 5th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our coverage with SelectHealth was fantastic, and representatives were always very helpful and knowledgeable—great customer service!

Brenda

June 9th, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select health has been a good option for me and my family. Sadly we don't qualify for the best coverage but it covers the basics.

Marissa

June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

I grew up with Select Health and I felt like it was a good insurance that was reasonable and easy to work with.

Trenton Prestwich

June 6th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pretty standard health insurance. The premiums are always going up every year and we have had problems getting them to pay for covered services occasionally. Customer service is excellent though.

Alicia Roddin

June 4th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good price, good customer service. I haven't had any negative experiences with them.

Beth Farmer

May 31st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had Select Health on and off through the years through my husbands employment. They provide great coverage. My favorite thing about Select Health is how easy they are to get a hold of. They are willing to answer questions and pleasant to work with. I would recommend Select Health to friends and family.

Natalie Prestwich

May 30th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Selecthealth insurance for almost 7 years. I have had 2 babies while on this insurance and they have always taken care of us. The only time I was frustrated was when our copays for specialists went up. I understand they have to increase sometimes but it was a 125% increase in one year. I guess they said they hadn’t raised it ever in the 20 previous years, but that was really crappy to go from paying one amount to more than double the next year. Other than that one instance, we have been satisfied with this insurance.

MTNCALL

May 24th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No, you shouldn't get Select Health. And here's why. I am 46 years old and have experienced many different health care providers. I rank Select Health as low as possible. I am a very healthy and active person, non smoker. I only go to the doc when I need to. December 30th 2018, I tore my ACL skiing the bumps and had to have surgery. My recovery has been slow and I have used all my 20 allotted PT appts. But that is not enough for me. My knee is still very stiff and I am unable to get bend past 110 degrees on my own, with effort. This happens with people sometimes. I am doing all I can. I disputed this and turned in an official appeal with notes from my Surgeon and from my PT team. I waited the full 30 days because they refused to expedite. My surgeon specifically stated that if I am not at 120 on my own by the end of this month, that I will need manipulation, which will be an extra surgical cost, pain to me, and then I will need PT every day afterwards. I just got my denial letter today which stated, "Although we understand your request, and additional physical therapy may be medically beneficial, your appeal has been denied because the plan has a specific visit limit allowed per year". It's not just our plan, it's the entire Select Health organization's limit. Their customer reps have tried to tell me that it's our company that selected the limiting plan, but that was a false statement. Select Health has limits on PT and other therapy, 20 being the max. They've since realized as a company that putting limits on therapy is stupid (duh), and have already decided to change this allotment to unlimited as needed on July 1 of 2019. So why make a stink about this now if you know it needs to be changed and will be so in two months? Obviously Select Health cares more about their bottom line and less about their patient's well being. I don't care for Select Health at all. Just so you all know, they don't cover testing for dyslexia either. I went thru that too. That testing costs over $1000 with a psychiatrist. The best thing we as patients can do is let our company's representatives know what we are going thru, so they can make different decisions about health care in the future.

Scott

May 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Select Health for a few years and really loved it. The only reason I don't have it anymore is that I switched employers. I would recommend them to someone looking for good health insurance. The price is low and they have a ton of doctors.

Kinsley Johnson

May 10th, 2019 Kamas, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select health has decided to pull doctors off their “in network coverage” half way into the year. The primary care doctor that I have seen for over 12 years is no longer covered and I cannot find an adequate “in network” physician. They also don’t have enough “in network” doctors to accommodate the amount of patients and their needs. It’s a disgusting joke and robbery. What are people paying for? Make sure to read the fine print before signing up for this insurance. And if this is the only insurance you are offered through your employer, my heart goes out to you. Good luck.

Jennifer

May 10th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had Select Health for a number of years before switching. I feel like because of IHC, Select Health takes advantage of the market and their prices are high because of it. I never felt like we had great insurance, just alright. Customer service is polite but this wasn't enough to stay with Select Health.

Holly

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select health has taken care of us and some very scary situations. I feel I can trust them to help me resolve issues. They seem to work extremely well with any doctor I’ve ever tried to see.

Jen Paxman

February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had select health as our insurance for years. Although some options are a little bit less expensive, we always choose to go with Select Health because the facilities are more advanced and there is always a larger number of doctors to choose from. The billing department is easy to work with and they have several different payment plans to choose from.

Lexbigelow

February 13th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Haven’t had too many hiccups with their service and care. We have been well covered.

John Jensen

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Probably the best insurance in Utah Valley. They have some great wellness programs and coverage for the best hospitals locally.

Shauna Horne

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health has been a great company to work with. We have been able to go and talk to one of their representatives for the past three years when deciding on a health care plan for our family. They are always extremely helpful and we feel good about the plans they offer and the customer support we receive from them.

Jonas De Olveira

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Select Health insurance almost my entire professional career. I have been impressed with the doctors and the care we have received under this insurance. They are helpful when trying to determine out of pocket expenses for procedures which helps me plan.

Michelle Mortimer

February 12th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I appreciate having good health insurance. There are not a lot of options for insurance here so I feel that drives the price up. But I am grateful to have the insurance I need to cover my medical needs.

Michelle De Oliveira

February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall I am very pleased with out health insurance with Select Health. They have great doctors who are attentive and give great care. Their customer service isn't always as helpful as I would like. I have called them to get estimates on care and check to see if doctors are covered and they have been rude and vague on costs. Sometimes I have to call back to get a different agent that is more helpful.

Jenny

February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Select Health Insurance for many years. We feel like the coverage is pretty good for the price, but wish it included more doctors.

Jada Scott

February 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health was overpriced and and provided hardly any benefits. Their providers were good but ultimately not worth the cost so my family switched to Aetna.

S Suguturaga

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The coverage is excellent and the process for claims and access to providers has been very smooth.

Christy Suguturaga

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far I have loved working with select health for my family. I have been pleasantly surprised with what they cover. I feel my family is in good hands wherever we travel and whatever our emergencies may be. And we’ve had many.

Sarah Wright

February 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We loved Select Health. There were a lot of doctor and facility options and their prices were really good. They covered us through some really tough times.

J.C.

February 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service with Select Health has always been pleasing and very helpful.

Steve Anderson

February 11th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I been on Select Health insurance for more than a decade. We have never been disappointed with the coverage they offer. If we have needed help with anything, their online support system seemed easy to use and representatives were knowledgeable about all of the services offered. For us, the price was affordable and our choice of providers has allowed us to visit the doctors we feel most comfortable with. We will continue to use Select Health for as long as we are working.

Brennan

February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best health insurance we have ever had. Great selection of providers and clinics. We have never had an issue with payments or denials. Great price and great customer service. Get Select Health if you can!

Ryan H

February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health is great. I have been a long-time customer and have always been able to have my questions answered. I would likely recommend to others if they live in Utah since that is where they primarily operated.

Charlene Mackay

February 9th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had really good experiences with Select Health. I felt like there was very good access to high-quality doctors and facilities. The website was also the best I’ve ever used for tracking claims, lab results, etc.

Zack

February 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health has always been a choice insurance for me. They have great customer service, co-pays and coverage. Couldn't ask for better.

Brody B

February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Select Health for many years and really love it. The network of providers is extensive to the point where it doesn't feel like you have to give up anything if switching over to them. They seem to pay claims quickly and if we have had any questions, customer service is quick to answer. Overall 5 Stars!

Dave Ros

February 6th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There are many primary and specialty doctors to choose from. I do feel that there are way too many people per doctor. The doctors within the network are great, but the office staff isn't very customer oriented.

Laurie Willis

February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Disappointed this year that some physicians have been dropped from the same plan I have had for the last 5 years I've been with select health. They do their job.

McKinzie Figueroa

February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is why I stay with them. They are always very kind on the phone and are willing to go above and beyond what I would expect from a Health Insurance Company. Just a few months ago I was having issues with a Doctor's office and their billing department. Someone from Select Health was willing to call and talk to the Doctor's billing department and sort it out. It took them over a month to get a hold of the billing department, but the Select health representative called me at least once a week to update me on how many times she had tried to get a hold of the billing department and what was going on. Although the billing department was really frustrating, Select Health was very helpful with making it a little less of a headache.