Oscar is a newer name among health insurance providers, but it has grown from its initial startup since its founding in 2012. The company values simplicity and communication, so it seeks to simplify policies in order to better cover the needs of its clients.

With Oscar, customers can find plans with health savings accounts (HSAs) and traditional health insurance plans for individuals and families. Oscar also offers Medicare. Oscar does not offer dental or vision coverage.

View Oscar Reviews

Oscar Health Insurance was created to give customers a new, simple way to get health insurance and affordable care. Its plans include perks for things like reaching a fitness goal.

Oscar puts a strong emphasis on technology to cater to customers’ needs and add convenience to health care.

Open Enrollment for 2020 health care plans runs November 1, 2019-December 15, 2019. If you missed the open enrollment period, check to see if you qualify for a special enrollment period.

#1 BlueCross BlueShield chevron_right
3.6
#3 Select Health chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Plan Options Offered
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • Customer Service

Plan Options Offered

Oscar tries to ensure that all clients find an easy health care plan to suit their individual needs. Oscar offers both on and off exchange individual plans in all states in which it operates, plus small business plans in New York, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Under the Affordable Care Act on- and off-exchange plans must cover essential health benefits, like primary care, hospital stays, and mental health services. (The health insurance exchange is a government-created marketplace, also called the health insurance marketplace.)

Oscar's coverage options include: Health Savings Account (HSA)-compatible plans and self-funded options. From the company's website, t's unclear what kinds of networks Oscar's plan options include. It's common for health insurers to offer plans with in- or out-of-network coverage. For example, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans only cover in-network care, except in emergencies. Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans cover in-network care and out-of-network care. Even though a PPO plan offers more flexibility with providers than an HMO plan, your out-of-pocket costs will typically be higher if you see an out-of-network provider than for seeing an in-network provider with a PPO network plan.

Oscar also offers Medicare Advantage plans. It does not offer Medicaid services.

Oscar offers three plan options:

• Classic Plans
  • Simple Plans
  • Saver Plans

These plans are also organized using the metal tier system created by the Affordable Care Act. Depending on your area, each Oscar insurance product can be a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum plan. Bronze plans put the most cost-sharing on policyholders, while platinum plans put the least. Bronze plans also have lower deductibles. Platinum plans typically have much higher deductibles.

All Oscar Plans have free Doctor on Call telemedicine services, rewards for steps tracking, an Oscar Concierge team, and pre-deductible preventive care benefits to keep out-of-pocket costs to a minimum for both specialty and brand-name drugs.

Oscar Classic plans generally match the policy and structures of most of the plans on the individual insurance market.

However, Oscar Simple plans are easier to understand, because clients only have one dollar amount to remember: all covered services are free after clients hit their deductible. This is because the deductible is set at the same level as the maximum out-of-pocket amount. (Note: Care that happens before the deductible is met requires a copay, coinsurance, or full payment by consumers.)

Oscar Saver plans are HSA-compatible plans with low monthly premiums and a higher deductible. Members use the money in their HSA to pay for health care throughout the year.

Oscar Backup plans are a low premium, high deductible option designed for healthier people who was to save on upfront medical expenses.

Member Resources

Before becoming a member, potential clients can receive free quotes of premiums from Oscar's website or by phone. With this tool, a customer can answer a few general questions about themself (zip code, age, how many people they want to cover) as well as about their expected medical needs in the next year. Through this brief process, Oscar can direct clients to the most cost-efficient health plan with the person's health in mind.

Individuals are then able to see all of Oscar insurance plans, costs (deductibles, copays, out-of-pocket maximums, and health insurance premiums, including government subsidies if you qualify), benefits, and recommended options to help decrease out-of-pocket costs.

After clients pay the first premium, Oscar sends a welcome kit, which includes the client's ID card(s), an in-depth look at the free perks and benefits, as well as the individual's Schedule of Benefits and Coverage. This welcome kit also has a "Health Care Cheat Sheet" to help break down all the details of the chosen insurance coverage within the individuals' plan.

Lastly, Oscar offers a web account and mobile app to its customers. The online account and health insurance app allow users to search for health professionals covered by Oscar's plans, book appointments with healthcare providers, and view detailed doctor credential information and reviews to find the one(s) best suited to handle their specific needs. The Oscar app makes the features of the member portal more convenient to access on the go.

Members can call or message their Concierge team by simply clicking a button within the app. This app also provides members with a "Health Timeline", which contains their personal medical information and history such as appointments, prescriptions, lab results, and billing information.

Unique Features

Oscar has unique features that many other competing health insurance companies do not. One of these is the fast registration process. Because the company emphasizes simplicity, Oscar has taken many steps to remove the complication of choosing a health insurance plan and registering. It also seeks simplicity by providing efficient customer service, clarifying information on health insurance policy and potential medical expenses, and more.

Each member is also assigned to a Concierge team and a nurse, which allows customers to receive specialized service. This team can assist with finding doctors, booking appointments, coordinating care for complex or chronic medical issues, providing clinical guidance, and resolving billing or reimbursement issues.

Furthermore, instead of casting a wide net and contracting with every health care provider, Oscar has developed a curated network of medical groups and doctors in each of its service areas to ensure tighter integration and higher quality health insurance policy for members. Additionally, they use data science and complex modeling to assess network coverage, provider quality, and service volume to improve their offerings.

Oscar also provides rewards to customers who reach their step goals. Customers track their steps using the health apps that come with iPhones and Androids. When they reach their daily step goals, they can receive up to $240 per year.

Oscar provides excellent customer support. They provide phone support from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday local time in each of its markets, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekends. When clients call or secure message Oscar, you are connected to a Concierge team. This unique model provides customers with additional support. Each Concierge team consists of a care guide and a registered nurse.

In addition, due to the nurse's experience on the team, they can also handle clinical questions, including assessing a member's needs and connecting them with the proper type of doctor to address their needs. Concierge teams proactively reach out to members if they visit the ER or hospital unexpectedly to make sure they are okay and that they have done all the follow-ups the doctors requested. Because they're familiar with you and use Oscar's powerful backend systems to see your history instantaneously, there is never a need to be passed off to another department.

Oscar also provides what they call Doctor on Call, a telemedicine service that lets members talk to a doctor 24/7 for free over the phone. This service is especially convenient for getting medical advice when you don't want to take a trip to the doctor's office.

Get Quote

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • No Dental or Vision Insurance
  • Limited Plan Types

Limited Availability

Oscar health insurance plans are only available to customers in some parts of the United States, including New York, New Jersey, California, Texas, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Arizona, and Tennessee. Small businesses may also be eligible for Oscar coverage in California, Tennessee, New Jersey, and New York. To check availability, input your zip code on Oscar's website to see the plans available to you.

No Dental or Vision Insurance

Oscar health plans don't include dental or vision coverage, except for children under the age of 18. Many competing insurance providers do include dental and vision options.

Limited Plan Types

Oscar doesn't work with customers on Medicaid. Depending on your plan, you may get health care, prescriptions, and medical supplies from providers who take Oscar plans. This might mean you don't need a referral for a specialist, but it may also mean that you have no out-of-network benefits, except for emergency situations or if you sign up for out-of-area coverage as a small group customer. Be sure to understand how your health coverage works when looking for health care providers.

Oscar insurance customers should also make sure they understand the terms of their health care plan. They should understand under what circumstances they need prior authorization and what kind of coverage is available for pre-existing conditions.

The Bottom Line

Finding affordable health insurance and a trustworthy insurer is an important step for finding affordable care. There are plenty of plans and health insurers to choose from. How good is Oscar health insurance?

While Oscar is a newer health insurance company, its plan offerings and simple process make its health insurance plans worth considering. If Oscar has a good network and a plan that meets your health and budgetary needs, it's a good option. Be sure to understand how a plan's network and coverage work before enrolling. If Oscar doesn't offer the kind of network plan you're looking for, you may need to consider another insurance company.

Because Oscar does not offer Medicaid, those seeking a Medicaid insurance policy should also find another health insurer.

Oscar offers a wide array of member tools and support options. Its mobile app and Concierge Teams offer customers abundant and easily accessible customer service.

For customers in the available states who are looking for these types of plans, however, an Oscar health plan is a fantastic option. Oscar boasts reasonable rates, several customer service contacts, a fast enrollment process, and offers free services with every health insurance plan.

3.3

Mel

April 3rd, 2020 Palm Coast, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my first year with Oscar and I feel very fortunate that I chose them. Almost as soon as my policy went into effect, I got very ill and was hospitalized. I’m still recovering to this day and require specialists for my condition. Throughout it all, Oscar has been amazing. Any questions I’ve had were answered quickly. They even check up on me from time to time to make sure my recovery is still headed in the right direction. I had one little hiccup where a claim was denied but I contacted Oscar about the issue and they got in touch with the doctor. It turns out that the doctors office coded the visit wrong. Before I knew it, everything was fixed. My only disappointment so far has been with having such a small network of doctors; however, they are relatively new in Florida and I have to say it’s getting much easier to find in network doctors in my area. I see a lot of negative reviews from people in other states, but here in Florida they are amazing. The severity of my condition was difficult enough to deal with...but Oscar took care of everything else so I could just focus on getting back on the road to being well again. I highly recommend them in Florida. ❤️

Apr 05, 2020

Hi Mel, thank you for your kind words! We're so happy to have you as part of the Oscar family. In regards to our network, our team is always evaluating our partnerships with providers to ensure our members have access to care in all of our markets. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have questions.

BPM

April 1st, 2020 Española, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This insurance is worthless. I was traveling and needed to have a prescription refilled. I used their telemedicine option, I believe it’s called Teledoc, to speak to a doctor after waiting 3 days. The doctor sent the prescription into the only pharmacy I could choose on the app which was an hour away from where I am located. I’m traveling at the moment, so I decided it was my only option. I saw that I had a message from Oscar and I assumed it was an email saying “your prescription has been sent to so and so location” but it was an email saying that the doctor had tried to contact me and couldn’t reach me so my case had been closed. They sent this email on Wednesday. I spoke with the doctor from Teledoc, THURSDAY, after my request was closed. I was confused. So I drove to the clinic they had listed (keep in mind this is the nearest one an hour away) and they sent me to a clinic that DIDN’T EVEN HAVE A PHARMACY!!! When I called the “concierge” (what a joke) the three that I talked to had no idea what this third party service had even done. They couldn’t get in contact with Teledoc and had to have me get in queue to speak with someone from the third party they had chosen to work with. I had to talk to three “concierges” because when I was put on hold to wait for Teledoc, the call dropped twice. I don’t understand how Oscar can shop this job out to a third party and yet has no idea what that third party has done on behalf of their customers. This is supposed to be technology company. This stuff isn’t that hard. And then they can’t even get in contact with Teledoc themselves. So the concierges can’t actually help you in any way. I was supposed to have received a call back after an hour and a half but am still waiting 6 hours later (and I doubt it will come). I messaged them, but decided to put this out in public because they seem to respond more quickly when they’re being exposed. What a joke. The only reason I signed up for one of their plans is because they partnered with the Cleveland Clinic, which has a large network of hospitals in my area. I can’t believe the Cleveland Clinic, as respected a healthcare institution as that is, would team up with such a shoddy company. So now I’m stuck with this worthless insurance. Don’t make the same mistake.

Mar 30, 2020

Hi there, we are sorry for the frustration this has caused. Our team would like to help by investigating this issue further. We have followed up with you over direct message so that we may learn more.

Candace E

March 23rd, 2020 Riverview, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is no reason anyone should ever choose Oscar Health Insurance. When I was picking an insurance company, I was not looking for the cheapest. I was looking for an insurance company that had a decent network, and a low to no annual deductible. Upon a basic research of this company, all seemed to be good... You actually need to dig much deeper to see how much of a fraud this company really is, and how much they don't care about your health or anyone else's. If you need a specialist, good luck... No, I'm not talking about a specility that is not common... I'm going as general as an OB/GYN. That's right, women, if you find yourself pregnant, this insurance company does not care of you have to drive 3 hours round trip to get to a doctor because the doctors they had listed as OB/GYN's on their websites, are all really just GYN's, and don't work with babies. Read some more reviews as there are a number of complaints out there now about people who can't get the specialist they need or a family member needs because doctors are dropping them like a bad habit for no payment, or they falsely list the specialty of the doctor on their own website. Do you and your family a favor... Pick ANY other health insurance company than Oscar to ensure you and your family will be able to get to the healthcare they need.

Mar 24, 2020

Hi Candace, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for what you have experienced. We want to confirm that we have followed up with you over DM so that we may assist further.

Rita Verreos

March 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have provided wonderful serice. Their client service in particular is formidable. I had my son on an insurance plan with them in Texas & because I was so pleased, I recently chose them for my husband, daughter and I in Florida.

Mar 25, 2020

Hi Rita, thanks for the love! We are happy to have you as part of the Oscar family. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us and our team would be happy to assist.

howard smith

March 10th, 2020 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Oscar healthcare is terrible. I need a speech therapist for my child but there is only 1 therapist in-network in all of the San Francisco valley, and I was wait listed. I've been trying to get Oscar to accept an out of network therapist for 2 months, but all they do is ask for more paperwork in the hopes I give up. What's the point of health insurance if you can't use it?!?!

Mar 11, 2020

Hi Howard, we are sorry for the frustration this experience has caused. We have provided additional information over direct messages so please be on the look out for a new message from our team.

Mizash Upadhyay

February 26th, 2020 North Richland Hills, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently I had this insurance.....I am tried to find OBGYN in my area Forth worth, Texas but they have only one OBGYN and that doctor does not take patient on oscar network hospital.....but they put bunch of OBGYN doctor list on website but non of then take oscar......worst insurance ever

Feb 26, 2020

Hi Mizash, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this issue further and see how we may be able to help. We've sent you a direct message to get started.

Loretta

February 26th, 2020 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The concierge team was beneficial during this past flu season.

Feb 26, 2020

Hi Loretta, we're so happy to hear this! We'll make sure to let our team know. As always, feel free to reach out if you ever have questions.

Jason

February 26th, 2020 Burbank, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have no providers in-network for higher tiered plans, only the lower tiered plans have doctors. However, the lowered tiered plans have an extremely high deductible you must satisfy before the plan starts paying. May as well not have insurance. Worst insurance ever!

Feb 26, 2020

Hi Jason, we want to apologize for the frustration this has caused. We would be happy to assist you. To get started, please check your direct messages for a new message from our team.

Rab Moo

February 24th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is without a doubt the WORST insurance EVER. If you are considering this company, consider this first. I chose this provider because my doctor was listed as a member doctor on this network...wrong . His office informed me that while they had signed up with Oscar they could not book an appointment using Oscar insurance. I tried to book a specialist using Oscar. Same issue. I called Oscar and the customer service Rep said she would contact the Doctors I had spoken with and call me back. 3 weeks later I am still waiting. I sent Oscar an email. I received a reply 2weeks later saying.

Feb 25, 2020

Hello, we are sorry to hear this and have reached out for more information. When you can, please check your new direct message from our team.

James Simon

February 21st, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Least expensive comprehensive health care I can find. We should have Medicare For All so this isn't necessary.

D

February 13th, 2020 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. NO ONE takes this crap insurance. Currently pregnant and Oscar covers 4 OBs in my area. 3 won't take it because they have too many problems with Oscar. The one OB that will take it doesn't admit to the only hospital that Oscar covers. And no doctors that use the hospital they do cover take this insurance. How are you going to offer an insurance plan that doesn't cover OBs AND the hospital they use?! So the one OB that does take the insurance won't see me since Oscar doesn't cover the hospital they use. WORTHLESS. I literally cannot use this insurance. At least I only had to deal with a month of this bull. Save yourself some time and stress and get a better insurance!

Feb 13, 2020

Hi there, we want to apologize for the frustration this has caused. We would like to learn more about your experience and have reached out to you via direct messages for more information.

max maxwell smart

February 12th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is without a doubt the WORST insurance EVER. If you are considering this company, consider this first. I chose this provider because my doctor was listed as a member doctor on this network...wrong . His office informed me that while they had signed up with Oscar they could not book an appointment using Oscar insurance. Oscar is new to Fl so I could overlook this for a month or so. It is now Feb, nothing has changed. I tried to book a specialist using Oscar. Same issue. I called Oscar and the customer service Rep said she would contact the Doctors I had spoken with and call me back. 3 weeks later I am still waiting. I sent Oscar an email. I received a reply 2weeks later saying HOORAY! We found you a Dr .! The doctor they found is 11/2 hours away. I guess I will just wait until open enrollment again to resume my doctor visits and hope I have no health issues between now and then.

Feb 13, 2020

Hi Max, we are sorry to hear this. We would like to connect you with one of our help specialists for further assistance. Please check your direct messages as we have followed up with more information.

Josh

February 7th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Where do I start? I recently moved to Austin and needed individual coverage for 2020 since I'm not covered by a group plan. Unfortunately, due to the way the insurance industry has evolved, my only reasonable options were a Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO or Oscar EPO. I wavered for a while during open enrollment but eventually decided to go with Oscar because of my severe dislike of HMOs. I like choice and hate having to get referrals and deal with HMOs. I thought I was choosing the lesser of two evils...shortly after the year began is when buyer's remorse began to set in. I've been extremely dissatisfied with Oscar thus far for a couple of reasons. Yes they have the fancy app, the concierge service, the free doctor on call, etc. It's all nice and ultimately a plethora of technology and cosmetics designed to cover up the harsh reality that is Oscar. What I discovered shortly after the year began is that people (as in Doctors, hospitals, specialists, etc) have no freakin' clue who Oscar is. Their network is painfully thin and many of the doctors and practices that take Oscar aren't even aware of it. I must have called four different doctors, who according to Oscar are in network, who hadn't even heard of Oscar. I was unable to make appointments at this doctors because they couldn't verify if they even accepted Oscar insurance. This was just for primary care doctors. I can't even begin to imagine how bad it is for specialists. Bottom line, Oscar has done a horrible job of connecting with its network of doctors to establish coverage and promote awareness. Unfortunately, the concierge service is awful. They usually take 2-3 days to return messages, and replies are typically vague, generic and unhelpful with lots of empty apologies but rarely any solution to the problems. I found the concierge to be highly bureaucratic as they have very little power to dig deep on issues. Everyone I corresponded with or spoke to attempted to pass the buck and failed to take ownership. In summary, Oscar is like a beautiful Mercedes with all the bells and whistles but no engine. You can't drive a car without an engine and all the fancy technology and features offered by Oscar are useless without a robust network of doctors, in addition to awareness of who Oscar is on the part of those doctors. This company is newer but not brand new and there are clearly some operational issues regarding how they communicate with their partners and build and maintain brand awareness. I deeply regret signing up with Oscar and can't wait until either open enrollment or a qualifying event at which time I will drop coverage for good. If your medical needs are superficial, you go to the doctor or get sick once a year, then perhaps Oscar would be appropriate for you. Otherwise, I would caution anyone with moderate health issues to stay away. Again, their network is razor thin and the few decent practices who do take Oscar have a poor or otherwise non-existent awareness that relationship even exists. Caveat emptor...Buyer beware.

Feb 07, 2020

Hi Josh, we want to apologize for the frustration this has caused. We would like to help by connecting you with one of our help experts. Please check your direct messages as we have followed up with more information.

Lily L

February 4th, 2020 Belton, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up through the ACA. I believed the hype and the $0 deductible was attractive. However, co-pays are so high that I can't really afford to use the plan after I pay the monthly premium. Also, there are very few choices and most of them are at least 20-25 minutes away. Despite the fact that they said they were servicing Missouri, I couldn't use some features of my plan for the first month, even though I paid full price for my premium. Your "personal concierge" team is a joke since they take 24 hours to answer a question, so if it is something urgent, you're out of luck. Today was the last straw. I wanted to get tested for the flu. I called the only urgent care clinic in network (a 48 minute round trip) in hopes that it would save me money. They didn't disclose copays for urgent care when I signed up and I was hoping it would be like a copay for a doctor visit ($50). I was quoted a "flat fee" of $170 for my $0 deductible plan. The clinic down the street from me charges $160 out of pocket for the same service. I pay almost $300/mo in premiums (and it is subsidized!) and if I want to see anyone today, I'll likely drive fifteen minutes into the city to the free/low cost clinic. If I hadn't paid my premium this month, I'd have the cash to go to the urgent care clinic near me. Finally, even though they advertise a $50 deductible for PCP visits, all of the in network doctors listed on the website have average visit costs of $87-$104. Chiropractors (which I have paid out of pocket $35-50), are $90-100 per visit. This plan is a joke and a waste of money. You'll never get a thing out of it. So sorry I didn't stick with my high deductible plan from Cigna- at least I got better discounts.

Feb 07, 2020

Hi Lily, we are sorry to hear this. We wanted to confirm that we have followed up with you over direct message in order to investigate this issue further. We'll be happy to have someone from our team get in touch with you.

John O

January 7th, 2020 Lewis Center, OH

I hope that I didn't make a HUGE mistake changing insurance to this company. Signed up thru healthcare.gov - after selecting, directed me to website to make a payment. Website would not accept it - didnt recognize the forward. So i tried to setup an account using my social. Then it asked me to select a plan.????? Just did that. Tried to link the two with no luck.....Finally Received a bill on 12/26/19 with a due date of 1/1/20 and a threat to cancel if not received. Again on website, tried to enter Member id as shown on invoice ** EXACTLY**. responded bad formatting. although my social was correct, still could not pay bill online as there was no account associated with it. tried to call the "concierge" number just to figure out how to pay the bill.....no answer after extremely lengthy hold. I hope this is not an an indication of how they plan on doing business on Ohio.

L. Bailey

January 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Okay pricing for the insurance and they have amazing customer service.

Karen

January 3rd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and now on my second year with Oscar. Customer Service is great and the parameters are clear from the start. The app is super easy and helpful to use especially for teledoc calls and concierge service! I have told many friends to use Oscar if they are business for themselves like me. Highly recommend!

97jbr

January 2nd, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had never heard of Oscar until I moved to Texas and needed to get insurance through healthcare.gov. I had them for almost 2 years and really loved how easy they made my healthcare. Being able to get a Dr. on the phone at no charge to me was a lifesaver more than once. I’m only giving up Oscar because my new employer doesn’t use them for health care.

Generic Customer

December 31st, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent company. I have been covered by an Oscar insurance policy for 1 year and just signed up for another year. The level of sophistication in their software and processing leaves others like my old insurance company (one of the BCBS types) in the dust. I'm a big fan of their $1/day reward to walk 10,000 steps/day (the maximum reward is $100 per year). Recommended.

Erin Sigler

December 31st, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

easy and quick. Dr gave me good advice and called out a prescription for me

Derek

December 31st, 2019 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far so good. The app is easy to use and the coverage is affordable.

Lori

December 31st, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wonderful customer service. I best ever!!!! Love that there are no referrals needed for in network doctors. App is easy to use and a great resource for doctor/drug coverage. I wish that Oscar had additional hospital networks in plan as I need a specialists that is not in network.

Max

December 13th, 2019 Delaware, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The only way to view claims and deductible for my child is to call them. The information is not provided online....yuck! So far, I am not impressed at all. I have already paid the first premium so I will keep for the year, but I will not be keeping it next year.

bigblu

December 6th, 2019 Culver City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had Anthem BC before. Now have Oscar insurance with same coverage, but lower premiums. Oscar is more efficient (automated with a simple website). You don't get a lot of unnecessary paperwork in the mail like with Anthem. Of course, the deductible is high, but compared to Anthem, Oscar is much more user friendly. If you have a question, you can email the Concierge and someone will get back to you. You don't have to wait on hold on the phone, only to have someone not able to answer your question, requiring a callback. Just much easier to use than Anthem.

Anne

December 4th, 2019 Springfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have Oscar this year because it was the least expensive health insurance on Marketplace. I have paid thousands in premiums and they have not covered anything. Now, they are claiming that my Appendectomy was not medically necessary and they are refusing to pay my hospital bill. The only reason I have health insurance is to cover medical emergencies. I have been severely ripped off by this company and plan to tell everyone that I know.

Lisa

December 3rd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very happy with my experience with Oscar so far (a year). Materials are very clear and the concierge service has always been terrific. They make it easy to be prepared and ask questions--which is really important for all patients to do in order to help manage costs.

Alayou Seboka

November 27th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I complete my registration and premium payment for oscar. I received an email "your enrollment is almost done" and send me the receipt for the payment, but you are not allow me to log in the app.

Dec 06, 2019

Hi Alayou, thanks for choosing Oscar! Your Concierge team would be happy to help you out with this. Please give the team a call today at 855-672-2755 to get started.

Allison

November 27th, 2019 New Albany, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Oscar pays for all of my visits to Mount Carmel Health facilities and doctors. It also pays for my prescriptions. It does not pay for OSU or OhioHealth facilities or doctors. It also has a poor eyecare insurance payment.

Reza

November 26th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

professional modern Insurance company with reasonable plans

Laurel Vail

November 19th, 2019 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Covered CA messed up when I tried signing up and the Oscar team was very helpful and patient in the multiple phone calls needed to get my application processed. The reps were very friendly and helpful.

Karen

November 4th, 2019 Winter Garden, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Oscar for the past year and absolutely love them. I live in the Orlando, FL area (they just came to FL last year) and have had no problem finding doctors for any specialty. They partner with all Advent Health Hospitals and affiliated doctors which is great. I love the App and the ease of finding the information I need from a digital ID card, to the concierge team, to the 24/7 on call Teledocs (which I have used twice) and I have also already earned $100 reward just for tracking my daily steps!

Dixon

October 28th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a great company. I see so many bad reviews and I think the main reason for this is b/c people don't know how to use Oscar. If you use the Oscar app this policy works amazing! Dr. on call is a lifesaver! Customer service is great with an amazing insurance agent as well. 100% will recommend and I am looking forward to the new Classic next Bronze plan that is coming out with all copay's and a $0 deductible!

VICTOR E SCHALLER JR

October 28th, 2019 Bohemia, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service from a trusted company

William C Turner

October 28th, 2019 Sherman Oaks, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up for a high deductible Oscar plan through the ACA because it covered two doctors that I see regularly. Follow up tests and specialists were generally reasonable, but some had high unexpected costs. I was able to get some answers to health questions through their app or website. And one of their doctors called me to give me a lower cost alternative to one of my expensive medications. While premium costs remain low, one of my specialists has been dropped for 2020.

Mehrdad

October 28th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the good insurance provide, very affordable price and great online service and website

Nikita Rvachev

October 25th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I will recommend you to not use Oscar as your insurance. Every step except paying money to them is always pain and waste of time. When something is going wrong be ready to spend hours to speak with them and get zero results. Awful bureaucracy.

Rose

October 18th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just switched over to Oscar this month. I really like their interface and they have been very responsive and easy to get in touch with. HOWEVER, I have a 2 year old daughter, and am 16 weeks pregnant with my second. I have been trying to find an in network pediatrician in my area and have only come up with a list of pediatric dermatologists and mental healthcare specialists (both through my own online search and their concierge team) Where do people who have this insurance in the Columbus area send their kids to the doctor!?!?! I am very upset with this huge hole in their network and will likely have to switch insurance so I can get my kids proper medical care.

Nov 04, 2019

Hi Rose, we appreciate this feedback and we'd like to help you out. DM us your Oscar ID number and we'd be happy to have someone from our team get in touch to help find a provider that meets your family's needs.

LORELEI SMITH

October 2nd, 2019 Converse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The website information regarding Oscar doctors is user friendly though I learned not always up to date & accurate.

B

October 2nd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was not a customer. I was a victim of a scam. after paying $1,000s in premiums I went in for an annual physical. The doctor coded it as an office visit and tried charging me $200 (it should have been 100% covered). Oscar colluded with the doctor and refused to work with me to correct the billing error. They claimed the doctor's office was correct without justification and ignored the evidence I provided showing I only received preventative care. This is not a healthcare company, it is organized crime. Do not give this illegitimate organization your money.

Jennifer Thomas

September 30th, 2019 Westlake, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since I have purchased Oscar, the questions I get from all of my doctors receptionists have been reduced to zero. It is easier now to check in as they see all of my information online. Easy to pay my bill and I believe they truly want to be the very BEST insurance provider in the country! They constantly educate you on how easy it is to contact a doctor.

LK

September 30th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so pleased with ocar insurance. The office is accessible, the online portal and dr's on call are responsive and eager to help.

Robert

September 13th, 2019 Maspeth, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Daughter was sick can’t. Talk sore throat high fever and they want her to go on website to fill out paperwork before helping even though paperwork already done twice before ,can’t go to hospital cost to much no doctor in maspeth area to see less than 10days out so to me not very good

Sep 14, 2019

Hi Robert, thank you for letting us know about this. DM us your Oscar ID number and we'll be happy to look into this and have someone get in touch with you to help.

Victoria

September 3rd, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm 63. I pay over $5,000 a year for medical insurance with Oscar. I have a $7,000 deductible so I don't go to doctors if I can avoid it. It's hard to put a positive spin on this. That said, if I could do better elsewhere, I would switch insurers. (I will be voting for the Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020...) I give Oscar credit for how they have streamlined the experience of getting information, even if the information I get is regrettable. Their Web site is uncluttered and intuitive; the customer service representatives work hard to answer my questions in a timely manner and are always pleasant. What is it they say about democracy--that it is the worst form of government except for all the other forms? Well, though I give Oscar a 2, I give all the others a 1.

Dominica Pileggi

August 30th, 2019 Converse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone is always so helpful and very knowledgeable about everything I've ever asked about. If the answer wasn't known right then, they would find out and get back with me. Usually very quick. The only thing I would like to have had was a larger selection of specialist for adults

mark eichenseer

August 28th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The support system is a valuable resource to guide the patient through the process either via messaging or phone. Willingness to review surprise bills is comforting. Quick response by the support team for any request is crucial. The silver plan has fair coverage for a reasonable cost.

Maureen Dahl

August 27th, 2019 Franklin Square, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although I had a few hiccups with Oscar the first year I was with them, my concierge team worked with me on a daily basis to fix the problems. We succeeded getting everything worked out within a reasonable amount of time. Since then, I have not had a single negative issue - only positive ones. I was able to pick the plan that was right for me and I have to say, Oscar has many to choose from. I am very happy with the plan I’ve chosen as I have had some health issues and it has been smooth sailing these past few years. Would highly recommend Oscar Health Insurance.

Tara Ozanyan

August 27th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Working with Oscar Insurance has been incredibly easy and makes scheduling a breeze!

Olga Legostayeva

August 27th, 2019 Burbank, CA

It was easy to pick the doctor through Oscar app and schedule the appointment. Verdugo Hospital Orthopedic team is great!

Nathan

August 27th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The overall experience with Oscar is great. Good website and app, generally forward thinking features. My only complaint is that there is a very limited selection of doctors in their network.

Mary Garrison

August 21st, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You continue to Thorn my side sending paperet bills and uiur website demanding I OWE payments. I hope you go out of your New York RUDE attitude business down the road.

Sep 03, 2019

Hi Mary, we'd be happy look into this for you. Due to privacy laws this isn't something we can help with via Best Company, but DM us your Oscar ID # and we'll be happy to have someone from our team get in touch with you to help.