The Credit People verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

6.4

Enroll Online
Call Now

The Credit People was founded in 2001 and has since strived to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit scores. The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients. These benefits include free credit reports and credit scores, 24 hour account access, and lower fees. In addition to removing negative items and cleaning up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and all three credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free. Also, the credit repair company focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve. The Credit People have many great features that go along with its credit repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay $69 a month, on a month by month basis, or $299 for a complete six-month credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge. For these prices, The Credit People will dispute items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more. The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit. Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and potential clients can even try out The Credit People's service for seven days for only $19 and continue on with their service for $69 a month. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly membership with The Credit People whenever they please. According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain a 30 percent average increase in credit scores, 71 percent auto loan approval after using the credit repair company services, a 64 percent home loan approval, a 74 percent new credit approval and a 67 percent approval for refinancing.

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members. In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services and what affects their credit scores (student loans, credit card debt/other debt, etc).

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle the credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Case Set-Up Cost

The Credit People charges clients $19 for the first seven days of service to get case setup. Meanwhile, some other credit repair companies offer customers a free trial period for services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($69 per month or $299 for six months). The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others. Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option. The company follows a monthly/six month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Combine this with a significant amount of positive reviews and no hidden fees, and The Credit People prove that they are a great option for credit repair. There have been some consumers who have experienced slow removal times, but they are few. Credit situations vary per client, so some clients may see results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days". We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for standing by their credit repair services. Those who choose to sign up with The Credit People will not have to worry about communicating with the creditors as that will be handled by their assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Na'eem

February 21st, 2018 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

The credit people helped me raise my credit score higher than it's ever been!

Dangerous D.

February 21st, 2018 Inman, SC DETAILS

Great price for the service offered. Quick and painless.

Brandon

February 21st, 2018 Leander, TX DETAILS

Disputed everything on my credit history that I couldn't do personally

braindr11

February 21st, 2018 Springfield, IL DETAILS

They got the job done which is why I rate them highly. The reason they didn't get a full 5 stars is that it's difficult to call them over the phone and find someone to speak with. They prefer electronic communication which is fine as well. They did manage to help increase my credit score dramatically which is the most important and frankly the only consideration I care about.

February 21st, 2018 Lithonia, GA DETAILS

They could let you know about the removal of inquiries

Tracy

February 12th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

They where every helpful when it came to asking and answering questions

No name

February 12th, 2018 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

Great service. Only thing they dont call you much. You just get a notification in your email

KENNY D

February 12th, 2018 Wichita Falls, TX DETAILS

Did a fantastic job in a short period of time. Got all of my negative postings reversed!

Ryan C.

February 12th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

Very easy and friendly onboarding process with great technology e

Bran S.

February 12th, 2018 Elton, LA DETAILS

They really made it easy for me! No hassle, just hustle and I appreciated that!

Ivette

February 12th, 2018 Allentown, PA DETAILS

Great help and I had to do little . They helped me get my score up 100 points in 6 months.

DM

February 12th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS

They disputed fraudulent collections that were droping my credit score. Within two months they wete gone. I have nothing bad to say about this company, at the moment.

Alan

February 12th, 2018 Madison, AL DETAILS

The Credit People have changed my life! My credit was in shambles from a divorce and now it's better than ever. All I had to do was send them documents I received in the mail. Best decision I ever made. Thank you Credit People!

Gabriel Fernandez

February 12th, 2018 Homestead, FL DETAILS

They delivered on everything they promised.

Finnigan

February 12th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

I've used them a couple different times, and had great success

February 12th, 2018 Durham, NC DETAILS

Professional, courteous, knowledgeable, speedy

February 12th, 2018 Durham, NC DETAILS

Customer Service, quick responsiveness, effective

Alan Benefield

February 6th, 2018 Madison, AL DETAILS

I wanted to improve my credit after some mistakes I did in the past. I'm very happy with the results they gave me, I can't complain. It has certainly changed my life and I think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

February 6th, 2018 Charleston, SC DETAILS

I needed their services. They are very good, attentive, professional, and thorough in their job. There was a lot of attention to detail. I feel great about it, it was a very effective service.

Laura Weigand

February 6th, 2018 Wheeling, WV DETAILS

I needed help in with my credit score and it was a great experience.

Kody Clemmons

February 6th, 2018 Panama City Beach, FL DETAILS

I needed help with some collections that just weren't right and some old stuff that needed to be cleared up. I feel like it was a great decision. I was approved for a house 3 months after having them help me. Though since then, they've been cutting out every time I've called them after finishing my service.

Holland Ford

February 6th, 2018 Macon, GA DETAILS

They do exactly what they say they are going to do. They get back to you quickly and everything. It only took 3 or 4 months for them to get off 78% of what I needed to get rid of. I feel good about it all.

Vitaliy Dzyuba

February 6th, 2018 Frisco, TX DETAILS

Since they seemed like a decent company that could help me, I decided to go with them. Their communication was great, they always keep you posted on what's going on. The few issues that I had, they fixed them.

Stanley Tomlinson

February 6th, 2018 Monroe, NY DETAILS

I had bad credit, that's why I signed up with them. It was all outstanding. Every time I needed to inquire about something, they were quick to respond. Thanks to them, in the last six months my credit score went from 612 to 731.

Sunny Prasad

February 6th, 2018 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

I wanted to improve my credit and I think going with them was a good decision. They have a very good system going on. They have been pretty responsive to every question that I've had. I like that they're professional too. They've done what I wanted them to do. I love that they're very honest you know. They're an online company and you just trust them with your permits and what not. When you're ready to get out, they just say 'yeah, no problem' and give you no problems about it. I didn't have to fight them for anything.

Osman Hayes

February 6th, 2018 DETAILS

I wanted to clean my credit and there were just so many options out there. I just figured I'd try to go with the most credible service, so I did the research. I found The Credit People to be the most credible ones so I gave them a chance. Customer support is very friendly. They take the time to respond, make sure they know who they're talking to, and then address the problem directly. Very few problems came up when I was with them and the results were consistent. Those results speak for themselves. I feel very good about going with them.

Anthony Njeru

February 6th, 2018 Grandview, MO DETAILS

I needed to improve my credit score by removing some negative marks on it. They were helpful and responsive, and they did improve my credit, but they didn't do it as fast or helped as much as I hoped they would.

Devon Brown

February 6th, 2018 DETAILS

I went with them since they were rated well. So far everything has been taken care of. They do what they say they will do and so far they've done a good job. It's easy to figure out what they're doing too. Every time I call them there's always somebody there to answer my questions in a proper manner and everything.

Landry Mukonkole

February 6th, 2018 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

I was trying to repair my credit and I decided to give them a try. They were pretty quick to call me and give me the details of the process. I was given all the chargers and told how things would as far as repairing my credit went. There were no surprised in the process, I everything was discussed ahead of time and things were done accordingly. Within 3 or 4 months of me signing up with them, everything was taken care of in terms charges and old accounts that were just lingering in there. In fact, they stopped charging us after that since everything had been taken care of. They just said, you know, that if we ever need them again we should check back. They were just very honest and understanding of everything. They improved the quality of my life in terms of work and anger related to my credit.

Roberto Salas

February 6th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

I looked online at different prices and ended up settling for The Credit People. They're doing a good job, they're fixing my credit. Customer support always checks up on me about how things are going. So far they have done what they're supposed to do. It has been great.

Stanley Plutt

February 6th, 2018 Florissant, CO DETAILS

We wanted to do something with our house, so we needed to improve our credit before doing that. All I had to do is get my reports to them and they took care of everything in a few months. They did an incredible job raising our credit score. They were always available and got back to us as soon as they could. They were very prompt in responding. I really like it, though the prices have gone up since we used it. At that time it was $20 cheaper and we just did my husband's credit score since they didn't really offer a deal to do both of our scores. Right now my son in law is doing it too and it has been rather expensive for him. I've actually been helping him pay for it and it's not going as quick for him as it did for us. Still, I thought it was a pretty valuable tool when we used it.

Soraya Renta

February 6th, 2018 Homestead, FL DETAILS

My husband had done this before me, so I just went with the same people. They're a very excellent service, they're very effective. Now everything is fine with my credit and I don't have problems with it.

Debra Phillips

February 6th, 2018 Mukilteo, WA DETAILS

I found them through a referral. They have done everything they could for me. They are always available and helpful.

Robert Vogt

February 6th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS

They got some pretty good reviews, so I went to them. Customer support was good, though they were a little slow at getting back to me with some things. Sometimes, instead of them following up with me, I had to call them to follow up and figure out what was going on. I wish they would work on that. Overall, it was still a good experience. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was good.

Juli Sanchez

January 19th, 2018 DETAILS

I use the credit people to bump my score. With my new score I will get a mortgage and buy my first rental house. I like the service.

Joseph K

January 18th, 2018 Atchison, KS DETAILS

I used credit people for credit restoration services. I was happy although I do use Mint Credit for ongoing monitoring. I would recommend they add credit card suggestions in the future. 4.9/5

Becky Zimmer

January 7th, 2018 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Very professional service and awesome results.

Larry Summers

January 4th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

I liked working with credit people. The customer service ladies are really sweet and everything was pretty easy. If you call in and you get Cindy on the phone you will be well taken care of. All around great folks.

Randy Jones

December 15th, 2017 Shelbyville, TN DETAILS

Price was good and they did exactly what they said that they would do for me.

Reliable Client

December 15th, 2017 Albany, GA' DETAILS

Was able to get approved for home loan through using the credit people. I used for about 5 months.