The Credit People

The Credit People

verified
  • 60-Day 100 Percent Satisfaction Guarantee
  • 24/7 Online Account Access

The Credit People was founded in 2001 and has since strived to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit scores.

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit. These benefits include free credit reports and credit scores, 24-hour account access, and lower fees. In addition to working with the major credit bureaus to remove negative items and clean up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free. Also, the credit repair company focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve. The Credit People have many great features that go along with its credit repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay $79 a month, on a month by month basis for credit repair services or $379 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will dispute items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more. The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and potential clients can even try out The Credit People's service for seven days for only $19 and continue on with their service for $79 a month. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain the following after using their credit repair services:

• 30 percent average increase in credit scores
  • 71 percent auto loan approval
  • 64 percent home loan approval
  • 74 percent new credit approval
  • 67 percent approval for refinancing

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members. In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Case Set-Up Cost

The Credit People charges clients $19 for the first seven days of service to get case setup.

Meanwhile, some other credit repair companies offer customers a free trial period for services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($79 per month or $379 for six months).

The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some poor credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others. Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option. The company follows a monthly/ six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Combine this with a significant amount of positive reviews, their emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, and no hidden fees, and The Credit People prove that they are a great option for credit repair.

There have been some consumers who have experienced slow removal times, but they are few. Credit situations vary per client, so some clients may see results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for standing by their credit repair services. Those who choose to sign up with The Credit People will not have to worry about communicating with the creditors as that will be handled by their assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

SALVATORE MARTORANA
September 6th, 2018 Summerfield, FL DETAILS

I reach out to THE CREDIT PEOPLE to assist with my credit. HUGH MISTAKE...Since then, I have been sued by creditors who were once willing to work things out. When I reach out to them, their response was, "They just dispute items on your behave." Save your money, you can dispute anything and everything yourself , at no charge. Thanks for nothing. My situation is worse do to potential JUDGEMENTs.

Tim FloresSep 10, 2018

Hi Salvatore, we are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We do care about our clients, and we aren't looking for them to be upset or frustrated in any way. We have been in business for over 16 years and helped thousands of clients to improve their credit. For your particular case, we were able to remove 12 negative accounts from your reports. That does help to clear up your reports from those negative marks, and it also helps to increase your scores. Just to clarify, we were here to dispute your negative accounts to have as many of them removed as legally possible. What that means is, if the creditor can't prove your account meets the legal requirement, or you were never past due, or the account was never yours, it could be removed from your reports. However, if an account is yours, and it is an outstanding debt that was never paid, any creditor can choose to take you to court and get a judgement against you (that is entirely up to the creditors discretion and we don't have any control over that). With that being said, we can completely understand your frustration in being sued. We would hope you would consider the negative accounts we were able to have removed from your reports while you had our service. We truly wish you all the best in all you do moving forward! - The Credit People

Sari
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

It was hard to get a hold of someone to help me. I did it myself and got better results. It was a waste of time and money for me.

Tim FloresSep 10, 2018

Hi Sarina, We are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We would never want any of our customers to feel it was a waste of time or money. I did review your account to see if I could assist you further, and I see that you were only with us for 2.5 months (you signed up on 12/8/17 and cancelled on 2/26/18). During that 2.5 month period, we were able to confirm that 15 of your negative accounts were removed from your reports based on our service (which was a 65.22% improvement). That's actually fantastic results in a short period of time. By having those negative accounts removed from your reports, it increases your chances of getting approved for credit in the future, and it also increases your credit scores. In the short time you were with us, we did review your account with you over the phone twice, and also sent you 10 email updates during those two months. Credit repair is not typically a fast process and most clients take approximately 6-7 months to complete their credit repair. However, Congratulations on having more cleared up reports and higher scores! We wish you all the best in all you do moving forward. - The Credit People

Will
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

My score went up 100+ points! The process took a bit longer than I thought (about 10 months), but it was well worth it.

Kristi Sanders
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

I had repaired my credit up to about 125 points and hit a wall, they pushed past the wall and fixed the sticking points the rest of the way. I had one mark that required a special handling, and because they handled all the inconsistencies I was able to focus in on the one and get the necessary filings done to remove it as well!1

Ndeye Gaye
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Because they kept their promise and my credit was up multiple points, making me qualified for my first home.

richard
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

good communication, excellent customer service, good results

Peter Dykstra
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

They did a great job and dealt with a lot of stuff.

Odilon gomez
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

The best company ever. Your prices went up already that's not good

Jim
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

effective in increasing my credit score and eliminating bad information in my credit reports

Kedmia Milam
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

I really appreciate the fast and precise service.

Elena
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

We made progress and improvement. My score was increased.

My friends call me Kush.
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Accessible, responsive, affordable and true to their word. They did for my credit what they said they would do.

Sandra Olivo
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

They help as much to keep your credit clean and your score higher!

glassman
August 6th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS

They did exactly what they advertise to do, repair my credit.

Kevin
August 6th, 2018 Moore, SC DETAILS

They exceeded my expectations removing everything negative from my credit reports.

Bryan
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I actually signed up for credit repair with two different companies and right away, The Credit People had the best support. I have never had any problems with their customer service. They tell you exactly what they are going to do. I was very satisfied with them and all their help they provided.

Israel
July 30th, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS

Going with The Credit People was the best decision I've made in my life. They were very attentive, respectful, and went above and beyond what they said they would do. My credit score went from 500 to 660 with them. Customer Support is always prompt and help solve my problems. I have a great relationship with them.

Kathleen
July 30th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

Sometimes it's hard to get on the phone with someone over at customer support. It was a good decision for me to go with them, because they helped my credit report improve quickly. They removed charges off my credit account quickly because they were false charges due to my identity being stolen.

Justin
July 30th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

The Credit People really helped my credit score. They did what they are supposed to, and I'm glad I chose them to help me out.

Terricka
July 30th, 2018 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

Sometimes, I don't think their customer service replies to you quickly enough. I'm glad I signed up with them, but I think they could do more than they are to help me.

Osman
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Their customer support is not easy to contact, but they are friendly and informative. They're a little slow in repairing credit, but that's not a problem.

Michelle
July 30th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

I made a good decision going with this company, because I've had nothing but positive experiences. I wish they could repair credit sooner than they do, but I trust them. I don't have any complaints with customer service, because any time I called in to them they have answers for me.

Clyburn
July 30th, 2018 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

Every time I've needed someone in customer support, they've been there for me. I haven't had any problems with them. They did everything they said they would do. They repaired my credit, and I'm grateful for that.

Hyeyoun
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They seem to have fixed my credit score. I think I made a good decision to go with The Credit People. It didn't feel very personalized.

Michael
July 30th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

This company is prompt and detailed in their work. Their services were very satisfactory. They work for you and get things done.

Sandra
July 30th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

They are very clear in telling you what part you need to do in order to improve your credit. They are very professional, and they disputed some of the credit I had. They disputed for me, and fought for me. They have a pleasant call center, and anytime I've talked to someone there, they're very knowledgeable. I've never had a bad experience with them.

Ha Huynh
July 11th, 2018 Eden Prairie, MN DETAILS

I used them for 6 months and they didn't do anything. They weren't able to remove anything for me.

Tim FloresJul 23, 2018

Hi Ha. We are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We do care about our customers, and always do everything we can to get you the best results possible. I reviewed your account, and I do see we submitted several rounds of disputes for you throughout your service with us. Every customer walks away happy with The Credit People. We issued a full refund so your service with us was completely free. This is the satisfaction guarantee with The Credit People.

Mark Cottrell
July 2nd, 2018 Mount Joy, PA DETAILS

Effective results; they made a positive impact on my credit. The only area of concern was communication; one needs to proactively reach out to them to discuss progress & value of service continuation, although their website communicates valuable information.

Brian
June 18th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Communication could be better with the customer

June 18th, 2018 Longmont, CO DETAILS

They got alot of marks off my credit I didn't know didn't belong there.

Rose
June 18th, 2018 Smithtown, NY DETAILS

Great service, were a big help in understanding what was wrong wit my credit reports

Kenneth O
June 11th, 2018 Mount Juliet, TN DETAILS

Well, I was skeptical from onset since my wife had a terrible experience from a competitor. But with patience as they preached, and diligence as they practiced with regular communication, The CP team addressed my issues and concerns to my satisfaction particularly from one awesome analyst Lisa A., whom I am most grateful to, for her time and patience to address and resolve my concerns, issues and questions.

Na'eem
February 21st, 2018 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

The credit people helped me raise my credit score higher than it's ever been!

Dangerous D.
February 21st, 2018 Inman, SC DETAILS

Great price for the service offered. Quick and painless.

Brandon
February 21st, 2018 Leander, TX DETAILS

Disputed everything on my credit history that I couldn't do personally

braindr11
February 21st, 2018 Springfield, IL DETAILS

They got the job done which is why I rate them highly. The reason they didn't get a full 5 stars is that it's difficult to call them over the phone and find someone to speak with. They prefer electronic communication which is fine as well. They did manage to help increase my credit score dramatically which is the most important and frankly the only consideration I care about.

February 21st, 2018 Lithonia, GA DETAILS

They could let you know about the removal of inquiries

Tracy
February 12th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

They where every helpful when it came to asking and answering questions

No name
February 12th, 2018 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

Great service. Only thing they dont call you much. You just get a notification in your email

KENNY D
February 12th, 2018 Wichita Falls, TX DETAILS

Did a fantastic job in a short period of time. Got all of my negative postings reversed!