The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strive to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit scores.

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit. These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, 24-hour account access, and lower fees.

In addition to working with the major credit bureaus to remove negative items and clean up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its credit repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay $79 per month, on a month by month basis for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will dispute items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain the following after using their credit repair services:

• 30 percent average increase in credit scores
  • 71 percent auto loan approval
  • 64 percent home loan approval
  • 74 percent new credit approval
  • 67 percent approval for refinancing

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some poor credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others.

Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly/six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Combine this with a significant amount of positive client reviews, their emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, their free consultation, and no hidden fees, and The Credit People prove that they are a great option for credit repair.

There have been some consumers who have experienced slow removal times, but they are few.

Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services.

If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Jorn Hudson
November 1st, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

I had some communication issues with them and once they realized I was having issues the reached out to me to relieve my frustration and explain what they were doing. I appreciated the representative's honesty with me and the way she handled the situation. I am still frustrated to have the one BIG issue on my reports not clearing and that is the reason for the 3 stars. The rep said that it could take a while, which is frustrating to me.

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Jorn! We appreciate you letting us know your concerns, and I'm so glad we were able to talk yesterday. It sounds like there was some confusion on what we were able to accomplish for you so far, and I think it helped to review each of your results (4 negative accounts removed so far in just three months). Credit Repair is not a fast process since there can be years worth of accounts on your reports, but we are seeing positive progress so far. We do care about you as a customer, and always want to get you the best results possible. We will continue to dispute your remaining negative accounts aggressively. Thank you!

Tom kliene
October 18th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Awesome job. Scores up about 90 points and a ton of stuff got fixed on my credit.

Raymond
October 15th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS

I was not very pleased with this service, after approx. 18 months yes my score did improve but I had to do Pay for Deletes outside their service, I eventually stopped the service a month ago and I was able to remove several accounts on my own.

Florence Jean-Baptiste
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Solved all my credit issues and was able to get my credit score up !

Rossie Barquist
September 25th, 2019 DETAILS

The Credit People have literally changed my husband and I life. Helping and continuing to help with our credit have given us a brighter future.

Josh Dykhouse
September 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They did what they said they would do. It took some time but that was expected but I am completely satisfied with what they accomplished.

Frank Schwarz
September 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They did what they said exactly. They helped me clean up my credit reports.

Ernie G
September 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Good people, we'll worth the money, took my credit score from the 650's, to 720's

Rod
August 27th, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS

Been working with the credit people company for four months and with them forcing companies to update account information accounts remain on my report and my credit score have Deceased! About $400 dollars later/ 4mths later! Would not recommend using them I would highly recommend just doing it yourself!

Troy Vashon
August 16th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Very happy with the progress of my bettering my credit. The Credit People have been a pleasure to work with.

Sonya Ward
August 16th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

This company is freaking amazing! They deliver on what they say they will do,,, Highly recommend them..

Sylvia Brien
August 13th, 2019 Wylie, TX DETAILS

From day one Credit People were awesome. I was very pleased on the way they explained everything. Customer service was always very nice. If I emailed them they always responded promptly. They always kept me informed of what they were going to do and what they did. Never kept me in the dark. Keep in mind its your credit . So you have to do your part . As long as you do your part on your end, they take care of the rest. Very easy. I was very pleased with what they did with my credit. I couldn't get anything due to how bad my credit was and now I have credit cards. I've been approved for loans . It feels great that I was able to start over and rebuild my credit. The Credit People helped me do that.

Patty Ryland
August 13th, 2019 Richmond, VA DETAILS

The Credit People are the real deal. They do everything promised. I was able to get a low interest car loan, credit card, better housing. I am so pleased with their services. I highly recommend them to anyone with credit issues.

Wells Pinchek
August 11th, 2019 Ashburn, VA DETAILS

this was super simple and Im really happy thanks

Derrick Wallace
August 2nd, 2019 Covington, GA DETAILS

These people take your money and tell lots of lies...dont trust these people save your...never working on your credit... but will email you if you miss a payment....DONT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Aug 27, 2019

Hi Derrick, we really appreciate your feedback, and we are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We have tried to reach you via phone and through this site to assist you further with your account. Unfortunately, you were only with us for 1 month (you paid the $19 start up fee, and you made one monthly payment and then put your account on "hold"). We do care about you as a customer, and want to get you the best results possible, but credit repair does take time, and there's only so much we can do in just 1 month. Please contact us at anytime if you'd like to review your account details, and discuss how we can assist you further (866-382-3410 and press option 4). We are always happy to help :)

Amanda
June 14th, 2019 Akron, OH DETAILS

10/10, folks. I gave them their $19 setup fee, I've been a client for 3 mos. now & giving them their $79/mo fee, and in exchange I've gotten a 40+ point boost to my credit score, I've gotten the best customer service, including prompt email replies to specific inquires, and they're already onto their second round of disputes on my behalf- I love The Credit People!

Jessica R
May 14th, 2019 Hermosa Beach, CA DETAILS

I was with them a few years ago and just came back after a recent divorce. I love how down to earth and easy they are to work with. Really good company and good people. I trust they’ll help me this time just like they did before

Brooke
February 6th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

After a couple months I've already seen improvements and have been very happy. They have been on top of everything.

Ralph Warble
January 15th, 2019 Arlington Heights, IL DETAILS

The Credit People really know what they're doing and they're great to deal with. Highly recommend them.

KG
January 14th, 2019 Gulf Breeze, FL DETAILS

I wrote a review on 12/7/2018 and was frustrated over not being able to contact cs. I was informed via this site from tbe Credit People about live chat during business hours. I utilized this and answers were given. As I stated prior, with the help of this service and my own work, my score has increased and going into my fifth month will continue. I didn't create this problem overnight and as such, it can't be fixed overnight.

Dec 07, 2018

We hope this message finds you well. We appreciate your feedback, and we are so sorry to hear you are not pleased with our customer service. We do value our customers, and always want to make sure they feel comfortable, and have their questions answered. We do have the option to chat with a live representative on our website immediately during business hours of 9am-5m CST Mon - Fri. The best email to reach customer support is [email protected] (we generally respond within 24 business hours, and it's important to check your junk folder as sometimes our emails end up there depending on your spam filter). Unfortunately, based on your review, I'm not sure who you are to be able to assist you further with your account. However, it's great news that we have been able to remove some negative accounts from your reports. That's what we are here for :) Each time a negative account is removed from your reports, it clears up your reports to give you a better chance of getting approved for credit in the future, and it also increases your scores.

Ian
October 23rd, 2018 Bradenton, FL DETAILS

I am a skeptic by nature, but this is a diligent credit repair company. My credit was in the mid 500's and in about 2.5 years, it has raised it to the mid 700's. In all honesty, I would attribute half of that rise in score to the Credit People and the other half to my own efforts. If you do both in tandem, use their service while also responsibly addressing everything under your own control, you will see an exponential rise in your credit score. A sidenote: their customer service is always very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly.

Debbie Berry.
October 23rd, 2018 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS

They dad an amazing job raising our credit scores. They are very accessible and competent

James C Childers
October 23rd, 2018 Nebo, NC DETAILS

Customer appreciation and very professional.

Mark Flury
October 23rd, 2018 Beaverton, OR DETAILS

They exceeded my expectations. 100% of all the negative items were removed from all 3 of my credit reports.

Andre Messner
October 23rd, 2018 Papillion, NE DETAILS

Easy to work with and they did a better job then I thought they would.

Billy
October 16th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

My credit was improved so much from where it was unbelievable good turn around!

Mayra Ramos
October 16th, 2018 Mount Pocono, PA DETAILS

My credit scores have got up a great deal. Thanks

Zac
October 16th, 2018 Anna, TX DETAILS

customer service was great and they help me

Chris
October 16th, 2018 Lebo, KS DETAILS

Did a great job. They know that they are doing. Very helpful.

J p
October 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Very poor service and overrated. I took over and got my issue resolved directly with merchant

Scammed Person
October 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Months and months of paying my $79 and my score didn’t improve at all! Zero response from their “customer service” every time I contacted them, until I demanded a cancellation and refund. They claimed there was a “plan in place” but apparently the plan was just to keep collecting money from a sucker. It’s hard to admit when you’ve been scammed, but this is 100% a scam company. Save your money and dispute by yourself using Credit Karma or a similar site for free.

SALVATORE MARTORANA
September 6th, 2018 Summerfield, FL DETAILS

I reach out to THE CREDIT PEOPLE to assist with my credit. HUGH MISTAKE...Since then, I have been sued by creditors who were once willing to work things out. When I reach out to them, their response was, "They just dispute items on your behave." Save your money, you can dispute anything and everything yourself , at no charge. Thanks for nothing. My situation is worse do to potential JUDGEMENTs.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Salvatore, we are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We do care about our clients, and we aren't looking for them to be upset or frustrated in any way. We have been in business for over 16 years and helped thousands of clients to improve their credit. For your particular case, we were able to remove 12 negative accounts from your reports. That does help to clear up your reports from those negative marks, and it also helps to increase your scores. Just to clarify, we were here to dispute your negative accounts to have as many of them removed as legally possible. What that means is, if the creditor can't prove your account meets the legal requirement, or you were never past due, or the account was never yours, it could be removed from your reports. However, if an account is yours, and it is an outstanding debt that was never paid, any creditor can choose to take you to court and get a judgement against you (that is entirely up to the creditors discretion and we don't have any control over that). With that being said, we can completely understand your frustration in being sued. We would hope you would consider the negative accounts we were able to have removed from your reports while you had our service. We truly wish you all the best in all you do moving forward! - The Credit People

Sari
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

It was hard to get a hold of someone to help me. I did it myself and got better results. It was a waste of time and money for me.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Sarina, We are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We would never want any of our customers to feel it was a waste of time or money. I did review your account to see if I could assist you further, and I see that you were only with us for 2.5 months (you signed up on 12/8/17 and cancelled on 2/26/18). During that 2.5 month period, we were able to confirm that 15 of your negative accounts were removed from your reports based on our service (which was a 65.22% improvement). That's actually fantastic results in a short period of time. By having those negative accounts removed from your reports, it increases your chances of getting approved for credit in the future, and it also increases your credit scores. In the short time you were with us, we did review your account with you over the phone twice, and also sent you 10 email updates during those two months. Credit repair is not typically a fast process and most clients take approximately 6-7 months to complete their credit repair. However, Congratulations on having more cleared up reports and higher scores! We wish you all the best in all you do moving forward. - The Credit People

Will
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

My score went up 100+ points! The process took a bit longer than I thought (about 10 months), but it was well worth it.

Kristi Sanders
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

I had repaired my credit up to about 125 points and hit a wall, they pushed past the wall and fixed the sticking points the rest of the way. I had one mark that required a special handling, and because they handled all the inconsistencies I was able to focus in on the one and get the necessary filings done to remove it as well!1

Ndeye Gaye
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Because they kept their promise and my credit was up multiple points, making me qualified for my first home.

richard
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

good communication, excellent customer service, good results

Peter Dykstra
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

They did a great job and dealt with a lot of stuff.

Odilon gomez
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

The best company ever. Your prices went up already that's not good

Jim
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

effective in increasing my credit score and eliminating bad information in my credit reports

Kedmia Milam
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

I really appreciate the fast and precise service.

Elena
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

We made progress and improvement. My score was increased.

My friends call me Kush.
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Accessible, responsive, affordable and true to their word. They did for my credit what they said they would do.

Sandra Olivo
August 13th, 2018 DETAILS

They help as much to keep your credit clean and your score higher!

glassman
August 6th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS

They did exactly what they advertise to do, repair my credit.

Kevin
August 6th, 2018 Moore, SC DETAILS

They exceeded my expectations removing everything negative from my credit reports.

Bryan
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I actually signed up for credit repair with two different companies and right away, The Credit People had the best support. I have never had any problems with their customer service. They tell you exactly what they are going to do. I was very satisfied with them and all their help they provided.

Israel
July 30th, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS

Going with The Credit People was the best decision I've made in my life. They were very attentive, respectful, and went above and beyond what they said they would do. My credit score went from 500 to 660 with them. Customer Support is always prompt and help solve my problems. I have a great relationship with them.

Kathleen
July 30th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

Sometimes it's hard to get on the phone with someone over at customer support. It was a good decision for me to go with them, because they helped my credit report improve quickly. They removed charges off my credit account quickly because they were false charges due to my identity being stolen.

Justin
July 30th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

The Credit People really helped my credit score. They did what they are supposed to, and I'm glad I chose them to help me out.