MyFreeScoreNow.com

MyFreeScoreNow.com Logo

MyFreeScoreNow.com

MyFreeScoreNow uses the VantageScore scoring model

MyFreeScoreNow is a credit monitoring company that was founded in 2013.

The Good

• Trial
  • Add-ons
  • Customer service
  • Library

Trial

MyFreeScoreNow offers a free 14-day trial that allows customers to see their credit reports and scores.

Add-Ons

The company offers add-on services that allow customers to see reports and scores from all three of the major credit bureaus. MyFreeScoreNow also provides financial transaction monitoring and credit monitoring to help prevent ID theft.

Customer service agents are available via online chat or phone during normal business hours seven days a week.

Library

MyFreeScoreNow offers a learning library for its paying customers and website visitors. The information offered is fairly basic in its scope, but it is a good starting place for those wanting to understand more about their credit.

The Bad

• Upgrades
  • Limitations
  • Price

Upgrades

MyFreeScoreNow does not offer their customers access to all three of the major credit bureau reports or their scores without upgrading their service. At that, when ordering the add-on of all three reports, it is a one-time fee and monitoring will only be performed on one report/score.

Limitations

Customers are at MyFreeScoreNow's mercy as to which credit report and score that will be monitored.

Price

At $29.95 per month, MyFreeScoreNow's monitoring services are pricier than those of most of its competitors.

The Bottom Line

MyFreeScoreNow offers a free trial, add-on services, customer support, and a resource library. However, the company requires customers to pay an additional fee for upgrades, and charges an expensive price for its services.

2.1

Donna
February 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Not worth the monthly fee. Pay the $1 for your FICO score and the 7 day trial and CALL TO CANCEL. Nothing is being offered for the fee unless you have issues you need to review monthly. This service offers nothing paid that you can't get for free from Credit Karma or Credit Sesame. The 2 sites are slightly off on the score (sometimes 50 points too high) but all other services are the same you would pay for with Myfreescorenow.com Please DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Bill OMalley
February 9th, 2017 Riverside, CA

I had an account adjustment that need attention and was resolved with a fast response and solution

Brenda jenkins
January 16th, 2017

They are rip off don't do it using your credit card get a pay pal card be careful what you buy over the internet and they are hard to get in touch to cancel out you just be on hold so guess what you get no more money. Very upset! And I just did a one time score check not to join I don't like this.

Tami Kilpatrick
December 20th, 2016

I like the services myfreescorenow provides, credit reports from all three major credit bureaus are available, and all your information is displayed in an easy to use dashboard with lots of useful tools and features.

Kurt B
December 20th, 2016 Post Falls, ID

It's nice to be able to forget about my credit report knowing MyFreeScoreNow is keeping an eye on it and will let me know when it detects something I should verify.

David Hallstrom II
December 1st, 2016

Myfreescorenow offered exactly what I needed to start. My sister-in-law recommended the service to me. I only wanted one report, at the time, and the fee seemed fair. After reviewing my score and report I upgraded to the three w/ monitoring. I'm in my 7th month (home loan shopping and credit repair). I called customer service one to ask how to best offer assistance on how to work on my score and was quickly transferred to a rep who helped. I recommend this service although I might've liked to have been given the option to select all 3 from the start. All in all, good experience. - David H

Charles Herring
January 18th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

I agree that myfreescore is a total scam, i went in think that i was going to receive at least one credit report for all three, but only got one. also their monthly fee for monitoring is in very small print and you will miss it if you don't pay attention, like i did and when they debited my credit card i was shocked.

Marilyn Smith
March 3rd, 2015 Omaha, NE

I was so surprised/upset when my credit card statement showed $29.95 for Oct and then again in November and now again in December. I can't find a phone number to call and ask what the charge is for. I used this service for about 10 minutes on 10/17 and have no intentions of using it ever again. Not recommended to anyone. Why is it called "Free"????

TOTAL SCAM!
June 13th, 2014 Chicago, IL

What a total scam. I can't believe how much $$ I flushed down the drain just to see my scores (a new 800 club member) - total ego thing. Bit me in the ass. I signed up for all 3-scores June 1 and since then, I've noticed charges totaling $95.85. Literally TWO WEEKS later. I am so upset right now... if you want to check your "free score now"? Run as fast and as far away as you can. Yes - you can do the 7 day trial but that is only for your FICO score... These people are thieves.