Best Company Guarantee Discover Logo

Discover

9.0

Quintin Waukegan, IL

I love using my card and being able to eat cash back. I love how simple and easy the app is to navigate and that includes my FICO credit score so I can stay on top of it. I was planning to open a savings with my bank, but chose to open it with discover, because of how great their services are.

Michelle S Williamsburg, VA

Although I really HATE the high interest rates, when I got my debt under control and started paying off my card each month (week), I have enjoyed the benefits of the cashbacks offered. Before then, they were helpful in freezing out card and lowering rates when I called at our worst financial time. Customer service was very helpful for that. In addition, customer service at Discover was helpful in helping my adult children establish their first credit cards.

Jeralyn The Bronx, NY

I have the Discover It card student version & it’s seriously the best card ever. The 0% interest rate for 12 months is unbelievable. It’s the best thing ever that I wish all my other cards were like this one. 1% cash back on everything and 5% on deals quarterly. I once had like a $50 cash back to redeem. It gives you the option to deposit it into your checking account or add it to your statement!!

John Burns Hendersonville, TN

I've had good experience with Discover except how they handle a dispute...it's terrible. I've had to file a few disputes after I hit a dead end with the merchant. Discover doesn't appear to investigate, the just side with the seller, even when there is an obvious fraud problem. I guess they don't want to make waves? So much for "the customer is always right". Discover's motto is "the customer is always wrong".

Judith Janacek Melbourne, FL

I love Discover because I get payback $$ everytime I use my card. Also, every quarter they have you sign up for 5% back at a couple of places that you use all the time. Also, gives my credit score every month on my statement.

Stacy Yorktown, VA

I have the student discover card and I pay no interest. I get cashback from purchases that I make which can be used towards anything, even my monthly bill. In addition, I get free FICO and social security number monitoring all for free.

Jase Ray

Discover has always gone above and beyond with any of my needs. From lost or stolen cards to customization of new card design. I love how it feels like I’m always talking to an old friend with every call. They truly own my concern and seem to always quickly address my concern within the call.

Mark Wales Phoenix, AZ

Great intro 0% interest for 14 months offer. 0% APR for 14 months after first balance transfer. No annual fee, no over limit fee, no late payment free on first incident, and 5% cash back when used at great merchants...ie amazon. Great customer service and very responsive to any questions you may have. Just a "class act" throughout.

Suzy Salmaci

Discover is always so awesome. They answer when you call, they get things done. They offered me free credit monitoring after the Equifax breach.. its the little things! I refer everyone I know to get a Discover card. Never had such great service from a credit card company!

Samantha Lubin Tallahassee, FL

Best student credit card and a lot of rewards

BingBong Davenport, FL

Great company, great service, great rewards, good interface.

Jodee McKeon Houston, TX

Of all the credit card companies I honestly think Discover is the best, based on my experience. Their website and app are the most user friendly I've found and they have great customer service. When I was young and trying to start building my credit they were one of the only ones to offer a reasonable credit card with no annual fee that was perfect for someone just starting out. Highly recommend.

Stefanie Ewer Providence, UT

Discover card stands behind their promise of good customer service and you won’t pay for any fraud charges. I have had my card compromised. When I called them they immediately looked into the charges and worked on getting them removed from my account. Discover card also text you when they suspect a fraudulent charge. Their customer service team is always quick respond and very detail oriented.

Ryan Knowles Denver, CO

I recently switched to Discover for my student credit card. This card is by far the best student card out there as there are no monthly fees, up to 5% cashback offers, and a high starting credit line compared to other student cards. The only place I have encountered where this card was not accepted so far is at Costco, but other than that I have had no issues!

Natalie Brown Boulder, CO

I have discover student and I love this credit card! They are very forgiving on fees and it's a very good card for people starting their credit scores. The cashback is extremely nice, as the cash can be deposited right into your bank account whenever you need it! The app is also extremely user friendly and nice looking. I've been with discover since 2017 and I'll continue to do so!

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

I’ll be honest Discover is the first credit card I have to build my credit so I can’t compare it to others but I can say that I love it! They matched my first year of cash back which made my payment for a few months. The app is super easy to use, you can check your balance, make payments, and it reminds you when you’re getting close to your next due payment. You can check your credit score without hurting it, and you get cash back!

Bianca Jyotishi DeLand, FL

I absolutely love my Discover accounts. I have their cash back credit card, as well as their checking and savings account. Any time I have any issues with my account, customer service is super friendly and can easily help me resolve the problem. I have saved so much money with the 5% cash back as well, particularly the matching after one. year. I highly recommend Discover to everyone!!

Derrian Tallahassee, FL

I love Discover because it actually gives college student a chance and opportunity to build credit! The application is very simple, short and doesnt take a long time to finish. There APR% are one of the lowest out of many different comapnies I have researched on. If you want to try your first credit card, I would highly recommed it for college students!

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I have the Blue Discover Cash Back card and love it. If you are going to have a credit card why not use it to your advantage? The first year they automatically match all the cash back you earn and there is no limit to how much they will match. We feel confident with Discover and will never go back to any other credit card. It just works for our family.

Christine Farmer Littleton, CO

I've had a Discover credit card for years. What I really like about it is the variety of ways to use rewards. The choices to order gift cards or products at discount, or use rewards to pay on Amazon are very useful. My other credit cards seem much more limiting in rewards choices. They also have a great website to monitor areas of credit card use and just to maneuver to find information.

Jeff B Orem, UT

Hands down the best Credit Card I have ever had. When it came to disputing charges or notifying them when I was going on vacation I have been blown away with their customer service. It is the first credit card issuer that I have dealt with that I actually feel like they have my best interests in mind not necessarily theirs. That's hard to come by dealing with any type of financial institution. If you have had a bad credit card experience in the past I would highly recommend Discover to change your mind.

Heather Vernal, UT

I absolutely love my discover card. I got one when I was 18, and I love how I’m able to earn so much cash back on my purchases. The auto pay option makes having a credit card a worry free experience for me. Customer service is excellent. If there’s ever an issue, they are quick to fix it and give the customer the benefit of the doubt. I highly recommend discover.

Zachary Clement Lindon, UT

Using discover has been a good experience. I used the student credit card mainly to get credit. It gives you a free credit check every month without hurting your credit, and gives you tips on how to improve you credit. The app is nice because I get an alert for every purchase so hopefully I won’t be a victim of identity theft. Sometimes billing takes a couple of days before payments go through, and I wish that were faster, but otherwise it’s great.

Jade Knowles Tallahassee, FL

Discover is a great company! I’m a college student and this company has made a way for me to get a credit card easier. I was able to apply and get my card within a week.

RVM Lubbock, TX

My experience was AMAZING with Discover Card. I stopped using it a few years ago only because the interest rate for purchases went through the roof so I transferred the balance to another company.

Jackson Barousse Thibodaux, LA

I have a credit card with Discover Card. They are very friendly and willing to work with you for any problem you come with. Their rates are also pretty low. I also love the layout of the card!

Jake Mecham , CO

It used to be that you would always hear "I'm sorry, we don't take discover", but the times have changed! Discover is a great first credit card for a college student. Helped me build my credit and had a decent rewards program, but not the best.

Cade Boudreaux , FL

I have a Discover Credit Card and would recommend other people using them. The rates are low and customer service is very willing to help if you can’t make payments on time.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

Discover card has excellent customer service, competitive interest rates and no annual fee. I have had my Discover card for many years and have never had any problems with it.

Rich Roberts Rockland, MA

Discover card has the best client services ever. The app is also extremely friendly with a wide range of services. I have a Visa and American Exoress cards but, Discover is the card I prefer above them all

Dan M

They've been awesome they took care of a dispute I had with mattress firm for $5200 they took care of it no questions asked after I try to work it out with mattress firm they took over and cleaned it up

Cameron D Wilbur Provo, UT

I've had a great experience with Discover every time I've needed customer support or had questions about my account. I am also a big fan of the products they offer such as Fico score and alerts about your identity.

John W Las Vegas, NV

I started as a secured card with a $500 limit and just after a year graduated to an unsecured with a $2,000 limit. As long as you're responsible with the card they will convert you to unsecured. Highly recommended

drew dennington Erie, PA

I had an account with Discover for 21 years; they were the first card I received as a freshman in college. Received an email out of the nowhere telling me my account had been closed because they could no longer meet my needs. I had a stellar payment history. My balance was less than 15% of my total credit limit. Repeated attempts for a more informative cancellation reason were met with repeated, "A business decision was made". Their business decision left monthly auto payments unpaid due to the lack of forewarning that my account would be terminated. The reason they get a two out of five stars is that they were my primary card for 21 years prior to the rude and sudden termination of services.

Tiffany Chicago, IL

Great card, I stared out with a generous credit balance, the mobile app is so easy to use, the cashback offers actually apply to things I buy and the 1 time I had to call because I lost my card was super quick, I love it.

Cathy Lawson

I have had no problems. Discover always keeps me updated with current statements, and if anything out of the way happens, they are quick to inform me. The APR is comparable with other cards, so I have not felt it to be prudent to leave.

Michael Evancoe

Discover consistently increases my credit line, which helps my overall credit improve. Best experience from a credit card company I've had. Other companies I have cards with Chase (bad) Capital one (decent)

Junior

I have never had an issue with Discover before yesterday. I basically made a payment to them over a week ago and always make my payments with no issues. Now they always want me to me to call in and call my bank to confirm all of my payments which is complete waste of timw since I. Get emails stating they received the payment. When I called the customers are rude and unpleasant. I am not the beat customer and I am pretty aggressive. But I just think it's a waste of time because n the year I have had the card they never started doing this before. So my credit was never updated. They told me it's their decision of when to release the funds. That's fine but why? Nobody could tell me that. If I have to call to confirm a payment I need to know why I am wasting my time on the phone. They didn't care, about how I felt so I closed my card. They rep didn't care either was like basically ok

Mark

We have used the Discover Card for nearly 30 years. Customer service is great at any time of the day for answering questions or replacing cards, and they are right on for discovering fraudulent use on our account, which has happened a handful of times. They'll continue to keep my business for years to come.

Breanna Jones Herriman, UT

I like the cash back bonus I get from using this credit card. I have had to call customer service and you are talking to a human within seconds. It doesn't take forever with some automated answering machine. Very easy card and company to work with.

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

I have a credit card from Discover. I use it a lot because it gives me very good rebate from purchase. I can easy to check my account in website. If I have any questions I always get good answer from Discovery.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

I used this company a few years ago. I was an overall happy customer and enjoyed the gift cards I got to choose from time to time. The customer service was great and Discover is a pretty great option when needed if a credit card.

Erna Valcin Tallahassee, FL

This is the very first credit card I have ever had and I love how accessible it is for college students who cannot get approved by their bank. This company teaches me how to take care of my credit and be more responsible

Thomas Busch Salt Lake City, UT

Signing up with Discover was so easy and simple and such a quick way to build my credit as somebody who didn't have any! Their app is very user friendly and I always feel informed with everything I need to know.

Eban Beltran Arlington, TX

Contrary to popular belief Discover is accepted at most places that accept credit cards. Unfortunately it’s not the type of card that would ever impress or prompt a conversation if you care about that sort of thing. Friendly customer service on par with all other major credit cards.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

I use the Discover It card. It pays a cash back bonus and has special bonus items each quarter that pay higher amounts. The trick to all credit cards is to pay it off each month. Any credit fees renders any bonuses earned useless as credit fees far outweigh any cash back bonus.

Samoya Calvin Tallahassee, FL

Love my discover credit card . You get cash back every time you spend money. I use mine for things I already plan to buy so I am making money while buying essential items that I need.

Andria King Jacksonville, FL

the best credit card to have. i love the customer service.

Summer Meadors Fayetteville, AR

Discover has been extremely helpful in helping me build my credit and building it well. Their customer service is one of the best out of any company I have ever worked with. They are available 24/7 to help and are extremely patient. Applying for a credit card has never been easier or felt more secure.

Kent Logan, UT

My first home mortgage refinance was through Discover home loans, and I also has a Discover credit card for several years. Both were good accounts, but when we refinanced again, loan servicing went to a competitor. I eventually closed all my credit accounts except for one, which did not happen to be Discover due to its less universal acceptance.