Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates rise to 15.74 to 24.49 percent*, which is very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees up to $95, which is higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees of $15 to $37 dollars.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

Alyssa skinner

May 28th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently had to go into Chase to get a credit card and my experience with them was great! The employees helped me get what I needed and made sure I understood everything!

Beth Farmer

May 24th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love our Chase credit card. We get points back on it and you can pick gift cards or just cash back into your account. We never leave money on the credit card so I don't have experience with their interest rates because we are never charged interest. But I do like the cash back. I was very impressed when our card was being used by someone we didn't know online. They caught it immediately and called to let me know they'd need to shut it down. They reimbursed us for each payment the person had made. Very impressive and I felt safe being their customer.

Hannah Anderson

May 24th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Employees and Tellers are always helpful and kind. This bank also has an easily accessible app! Their credit cards are easy to open and I have had great success with mine.

Reese

May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a fan of Chase credit cards, as they have the name of Chase behind it and have great rates, that will go down over time. Easy to manage over time and they have great customer service that has helped me a time or two with late fees and when I forget to pay of time. They also had some good promotions for cash back that made my spending even better.

Cathie Chavez

May 16th, 2019 Banning, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have this card it’s ok i have never had any problems with them,they are good about helping when there’s a problem

Scott

May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love our Chase Credit Card. We have banked with Chase for quite some time and the credit card we have through them is perfect for our needs. The benefits and options it comes with are an added bonus. Even if you don't bank with Chase you should absolutely look into the Chase Credit Card.

Craig

May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great card with great benefits. I love the no annual fee card that I have because it still offers benefits. I have never had a problem with my Chase card!

Ashley

May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I own the Chase Marriott Bonvoy boundless credit card. I travel often and the chase credit card gave me 100,000 bonus points on purchases after my first 3 months of spending. I earn free stays a lot faster with my Chase card. There is not a bank I trust more than Chase and their reputation.

Rob Whipple

May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good help with customer service. They have a higher interest rate than my other credit cards. Easy online information.

Sandra Bailey

May 2nd, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had a very good rate with them for 20 years.

Constance Goren

May 2nd, 2019 Bloomfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good customer service and always willing to assist i difficult situations

Tyler Mansfield

April 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You definitely can't beat the 1.5% cash back. I've had some small issues with the app connecting to my credit score, but besides that, all good things.

Maurice

March 28th, 2019 Newark, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up for a chase credit card. My credit score is 740 and they denied my application. I have 7 credit cards and never got denied.

Audrey Jane Budzynski

February 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not very good. They have been a very poor company to deal with. They want your check in the mail before you ever get the Bill. The want access to your Bank Account. I won't do that.

S Suguturaga

February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did not have a great experience with the customer service support but this was several years ago. It may have changed with industry regulations in the past few years but I have no desire to reconvene business at this time.

Michelle De Oliveira

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have the Marriott Rewards chase card and love it. I love to travel and hotels can be so expensive, so using points to pay for the hotel really makes traveling more affordable. I also like that I get a free night at a marriott each anniversary of my card opening date which offsets the annual fee.

Jonas De Olveira

February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I have the marriott rewards card. I travel often for work and try to stay in marriotts as often as I can, so the bonus points I get for using the card add up fast. I get a free night once each year, so I don't feel bad paying the $85 annual fee.

Ponch Thompson

February 13th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have a Chase Visa. There is nothing fancy. 1 pt per dollar. Use to pay down balance or get gift cards, Decent Card. The customer service has been good when we had to dispute a purchase. It did, though, take forever to get a replacement card.

Brandie Rudy

February 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase credit cards provide great rewards, no annual fee, low interest rates if you qualify, and easy access to all your accounts online for billing, questions, and other options for refinancing or consolidating debt from higher interest rate cards. Because I also bank with chase all of my accounts are on the same website so I only have to remember one password. They email when payments are due and I can also set up autopay which makes my life really easy.

Sarah Wright

February 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Chase card is nice because that is also who I have my mortgage through. The consolidation of one login is nice for my card and home.

Keri Christensen

February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my chase sapphire preferred card. The customer service is great and when we had two large purchases at the same store the same day we were immediately contacted to make sure that there were no issues with our card being stolen.

Amanda Olsen

February 12th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love using Chase for our credit card! Easy to manage website and your account accessible and convenient to make payments. Helpful and friendly customer service when it was needed.

Kristiane R Durfey

February 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used the Chase credit card many times over the years. We love the offers they send to us with 0% interest for 6, or 12 months with a balance transfer and have used it a several times when we have gotten too high of a balance on other cards. Those offers are very helpful when and if you are trying to get debt free and the company is great to do that.

Jen Paxman

February 7th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I currently have several Chase credit cards. I love Chase, they are easy to work with and have great customer service. I love their bonus points and start up programs. We are able to travel a lot with our family because our credit card points pay for airfare, rental cars, hotels and cash. Their bills are easy to pay and I like that all of your cards are available to see on one page of the website so that I can see all of my balances at once. I also had a card stolen once and they were so helpful and overnighted me a new one at no charge to me. I would highly recommend Chase cards to anyone.

Virginia Rosenthal

February 6th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase is my primary credit card. There have been several instances over the 18 years I have used the card that there have been unauthorized charges. Chase is very quick to investigate and resolve the issue. I also appreciate the customer service calls when unusual activity occurs on the card. Thanks Chase!

Sunny Perry

February 6th, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a rough month, sick for 2 weeks and missed work. Chase worked with the next months payment. Very grateful

Jill M.

February 6th, 2019 Bentleyville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their website is easy to use, for status information and payment information.

Evelyn Chidester

February 5th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have enjoyed the Chase credit card for its incentives and also it is easy to track on my phone. The interest is a little high but if you keep a zero balance each month there are some great rewards.

August Moulton

February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

Chase is my favorite bank. I’ve loved every product from them including car loans, checking account, and my credit cards. The Ultimate Reward point system is the best out there and I have been able to take some amazing vacations and see places I wouldn’t have been able to see otherwise (and all just by earning points for necessary expenses).

janalee sanders

February 4th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we formerly have had a Chase card and never had any problems with it. interest rates were always competitive. we felt that they were a company that could be trusted.

Whitney Powell

January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT

Really enjoy all the apps and the ways you can access your account, makes the whole process so much easier and stress free

JARED J BUCKLEY

January 31st, 2019 Fort Bridger, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love getting Amazon points with this card. Their website is simple and easy to use.

Madalyn Johnson

January 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Chase. They have great customer service and are always available to assist me when I need it.

alyssa collins

December 10th, 2018 Alpine, UT

chase is awesome i like that it has an app that i can check how much money i have

Kaitlyn George

December 6th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I have had 2 credit cards through Chase spanning 7+ years and have always had a good experience with their customer support, their online technology, and we love their rewards program.

Dee Farquharson

December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC

Had this acct for years. I like how they don't charge you if you overdraft $5 or less (not sure if other banks do this; Chase is the only bank I've experienced.) Pretty straight forward for mobile banking. The app is clean and easy to use. My address was always incorrect so when I use credit, it declines because I don't know the right zip code.

Kim

December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have 2 Chase credit cards and everything is running smooth so far. Interest rates are definitely on the higher side (even with excellent credit) but I do what I can to avoid it as much as possible. There was an incident recently where my credit card information was stolen and they instantly called me to verify the purchases as they recognized the activity was not normal. The process through the fraud department was fast and easy. Did not have to worry at all about covering those charges. I carry a Southwest airlines card and an Amazon card.

HLG

December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This used the be my least favorite credit card. Threatened to cancel even. They have changed a lot. I like the rewards program the best. I use the Sapphire card.

Melissa Carreno

December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

love my chase card and the services, have had no issues, great customer service, love chase, I bank with them as well.

Wendy Glade

December 4th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used my Chase VISA for years. I love earning reward points. They are easy to redeem and use. Their fraud department carefully monitors purchases. When someone started using our card for unauthorized purchases, Chase quickly put a stop to it and replaced our cards with new ones. It has been an exceptional credit card.

Jobie Goodro

November 30th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good customer service. Easy to use the card through various moves and travels.

Lindsay Fritts

November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase has been great so far! I have a credit card with them and they have great rewards and great customer service! Would recommend to anyone looking for a new card!

Rischelle Mikkelson

November 16th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Chase Southwest Card for our business . Not only do we earn travel rewards, but we also earn a free companion pass. I like that I can easily pay my bill from different accounts.

Melanie Kinslow

November 1st, 2018 Buda, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love love love our Chase Sapphire card. We earn points for travel, car rental, merchandise, hotels... and if there is ever any suspicious activity, Chase is the first to call and ask if we made certain charges. They are the best at monitoring our cards and making sure we are safe. They also provides travel insurance, car rental insurance and free exchange when traveling to other countries.

Mary

October 31st, 2018 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I currently have the Chase Amazon card. It's a great card that gets me rewards that I use all of the time. I haven't needed to contact their customer service much in the last 3 years but whenever I have they've been great.

Steve schramm

October 16th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Provide the usual credit services. Good online access for statements. Penalties can be high if a payment is late but that seems standard for the industry. Okay service.

Tevita

September 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their app is really easy to use and navigate. There are a few things that you can not do on the app so you have to call in, which is the only downside to it.

Kimberly Maddock

September 19th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had my credit card with Chase for over 4 years now. I love how easy it is to earn points and then to redeem those points. Plus, I love that I earn extra points on purchases that I am already making! Great credit card.

Jennifer Greenwood

September 17th, 2018 Draper, UT

They are very efficient and honest. They give low percentage transfers from other credit cards.

Melissa Reinoso

August 31st, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to have a credit card with them and they are nothing but nice and great to work with. They will make sure to call you if your payment is late or if they have any questions about the card use.