Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates rise to 15.74 to 24.49 percent*, which is very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees up to $95, which is higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees of $15 to $37 dollars.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

Dee Farquharson
December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC

Had this acct for years. I like how they don't charge you if you overdraft $5 or less (not sure if other banks do this; Chase is the only bank I've experienced.) Pretty straight forward for mobile banking. The app is clean and easy to use. My address was always incorrect so when I use credit, it declines because I don't know the right zip code.

Kim
December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

I have 2 Chase credit cards and everything is running smooth so far. Interest rates are definitely on the higher side (even with excellent credit) but I do what I can to avoid it as much as possible. There was an incident recently where my credit card information was stolen and they instantly called me to verify the purchases as they recognized the activity was not normal. The process through the fraud department was fast and easy. Did not have to worry at all about covering those charges. I carry a Southwest airlines card and an Amazon card.

HLG
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

This used the be my least favorite credit card. Threatened to cancel even. They have changed a lot. I like the rewards program the best. I use the Sapphire card.

Melissa Carreno
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

love my chase card and the services, have had no issues, great customer service, love chase, I bank with them as well.

Wendy Glade
December 4th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I’ve used my Chase VISA for years. I love earning reward points. They are easy to redeem and use. Their fraud department carefully monitors purchases. When someone started using our card for unauthorized purchases, Chase quickly put a stop to it and replaced our cards with new ones. It has been an exceptional credit card.

Jobie Goodro
November 30th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Good customer service. Easy to use the card through various moves and travels.

Lindsay Fritts
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Chase has been great so far! I have a credit card with them and they have great rewards and great customer service! Would recommend to anyone looking for a new card!

Rischelle Mikkelson
November 16th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I use Chase Southwest Card for our business . Not only do we earn travel rewards, but we also earn a free companion pass. I like that I can easily pay my bill from different accounts.

Melanie Kinslow
November 1st, 2018 Buda, TX DETAILS

Love love love our Chase Sapphire card. We earn points for travel, car rental, merchandise, hotels... and if there is ever any suspicious activity, Chase is the first to call and ask if we made certain charges. They are the best at monitoring our cards and making sure we are safe. They also provides travel insurance, car rental insurance and free exchange when traveling to other countries.

Mary
October 31st, 2018 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I currently have the Chase Amazon card. It's a great card that gets me rewards that I use all of the time. I haven't needed to contact their customer service much in the last 3 years but whenever I have they've been great.

Steve schramm
October 16th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS

Provide the usual credit services. Good online access for statements. Penalties can be high if a payment is late but that seems standard for the industry. Okay service.

Tevita
September 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Their app is really easy to use and navigate. There are a few things that you can not do on the app so you have to call in, which is the only downside to it.

Kimberly Maddock
September 19th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had my credit card with Chase for over 4 years now. I love how easy it is to earn points and then to redeem those points. Plus, I love that I earn extra points on purchases that I am already making! Great credit card.

Jennifer Greenwood
September 17th, 2018 Draper, UT

They are very efficient and honest. They give low percentage transfers from other credit cards.

Melissa Reinoso
August 31st, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

I used to have a credit card with them and they are nothing but nice and great to work with. They will make sure to call you if your payment is late or if they have any questions about the card use.

Derek Scoville
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I use my Chase card for most of my transactions. Anytime I use my card outside of my regular area, I will get an alert or phone call from them to verify that my card purchase was in fact authorized by me. I love their attention to keep my identity safe!

Kim Miller
August 29th, 2018 Lindon, UT

I have had a Chase card for years. Great customer service.

LAURI J CLARK
August 28th, 2018 Lindon, UT

We love our Chase cards! We especially love the Ultimate Rewards program! We have been able to enjoy some amazing vacation benefits from hotels, airline tickets and car rentals. The versatility of the rewards is exactly what we need!

L Fowler
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have liked this card because of the cash back I get when I use it. I make almost all my purchases with this card and pay it off on time and then get money back for using it. I use it more because of that fact, but they have been good to work with and I might as well get money back for paying for services when I have to pay for them anyway.

J Paul Wright
August 27th, 2018 Central, UT

I like that my Chase card does not have fees, but I also do not get rewards for this card. The card itself and their service is easy to use and I like that when my mortgage was taken over by Chase, the accounts tied together for easy online access. Since I have an AMEX, this is my other card because VISA is usually accepted everywhere else that AMEX isn't.

tini mapu
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

I really love this company. My credit is not the best. As soon as I started paying off debt they gave me a credit card. It has really helped me raise my credit and build trust with the bank. I would recommend it to anyone.

Ron Durfey
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Have been a customer for over 10 years. They seem to like me because they keep raising my credit limit. I don't use them often it's only for emergencies and then I pay off my limit immediately. OK company but try to avoid using them.

Dave Brinton
August 24th, 2018 DETAILS

I have a Chase Saphire card that I enjoy. I like the rewards I earn on every purchase.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We have had our Chase credit card for over 10 years. They are a very reliable company to work with. We got a Chase credit card for my daughter leaving for college, to help establish her credit as she begins her life outside the home.

Haidyn Houtz
August 21st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

This credit card was really nice to have! They were super helpful and there was no unexpected charges to my card! The interest rate was super good and I had many benefits from using Chase!

Chris Plato
August 20th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

I had a credit score in excess of 800 and over $100,000 worth of credit card spending limits across all cards including 2 Amex cards. I had 4 Chase accounts including one for Amazon and one for United Airlines (for which I paid a fee). I became disabled temporarily and went no more than one month late on some competitor cards. Not all of them, just some and my credit limits were getting reduced by several. I was 100% on-time and making more than the minimum payment on all my Chase cards, but they wrote me a letter saying they were closing ALL my accounts because of what was going on elsewhere in my credit scene. That shocked me. And I used those cards. I liked flying United and getting double miles and shopped at Amazon a lot. Since those businesses chose to use a card company like Chase I now fly other airlines and shop elsewhere online. And now that my credit is back up, it will be a cold day when I take a Chase offer over the dozens of other competing offers I get.

Carolynn
August 20th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

Mobile app is easy and convenient. Customer service has been great when having to call in.

Lesa Burgess
August 20th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I own the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card and I love it. I purchase all of my Marriott hotel stays on this card so I can receive the double bonus points. This card has helped me reach platinum Marriott status quicker than I could have imagined. This card has great customer service & I love the $85 for a free night every year! That reward is fantastic!

Bella Houtz
August 17th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

This is the only credit card we’ve had for years. Statements are clear and easy to read. Cash back is a bonus!

Sarah
August 2nd, 2018 Fairfax, VA

They have tons of credit card options and some come with amazing introductory rates. Their website is fairly easy to use, their customer service has always been helpful.

James Nelson
August 2nd, 2018 Falls Church, VA

The company has done a fantastic job with my accounts. I don't have to worry about hidden costs!

Jennifer Hargrave
July 30th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

The fraud protection alone is worth its weight in gold. Our credit cards, both personal and business have been compromised and Chase was on it! I was out of the country on vacation and woke up to a message from Chase regarding a purchase for concert tickets for $1200.00. Chase denied the charge, temporarily closed my account and notified me immediately. All was handled quickly and professionally and my vacation resumed. I will continue to be a Chase customer and encourage my children to open their first accounts with them.

Bob Conley
July 24th, 2018 Crestwood, KY

Very fair to work with. I have never had any issues with them.

James B nelson
July 23rd, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

I use them for the airline programs credit cards of which I am a member. I am very happy with them--good protection and they always come through. their fees are not cheap but compared to everything else, they are not significant. i love these guys

Marilyn Greer
July 23rd, 2018 Saint George, UT

They have a low-interest​ rate and offer 0% on balance transfers.

Anne Kimball
July 23rd, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I use a Chase card now and have had no complaints! When I signed onto the card I got a ton of sky miles which was amazing. And now paying my bills is so easy. Also, there was once an unauthorized charge on my card and they found it. They alerted me and put a block on my card right away until they spoke with me and we got it resolved immediately because I got a text and email about it.

Sara Jane
July 17th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS

Great card. Great with travel and points and fraud protection. I 10/10 would recommend.

Karen Nelson
July 16th, 2018 Alpine, UT

Sky miles. I have been able to travel so many different places because of the sky miles that my chase credit cards provide. Being able to travel so many different places just because I use their card has increased my quality of life.

Kaleb Herbert
July 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I have never had a bad experience with my credit card. I love how they monitor your purchases and ask you for approval if they see something out of the ordinary.

Jim Stewart
July 6th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

Higher rate card. Seems like the rate goes way up after one late payment.

Amy Singleton
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

we have had the freedom card for years and enjoy the flexibility with what we can do with our points.

Jess Root
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Rate is solid. Love that my card doesn't have foreign transactions fees. Online customer service and app are great.

Brayden D.
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Chase was there from the start and I got my credit card from Chase and I don’t regret it one bit.

Trent Allen
June 25th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

Love how easy it is to have access to all of your account information in an easy to use online format. One of the best parts is all the reminders that are automatically sent out so you never forget to make a payment.

Troy Siren
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Love my card. Use it for everything. Have never had a problem with it and love the cash back feature.

Mike Tierney
June 18th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

Good points plans, well received, good credit line, good web site.

Kati Biren
June 18th, 2018 Inver Grove Heights, MN DETAILS

reasonable interest rate and we earn points that I can redeem quickly and easily.

Steve Yates
June 18th, 2018 Hot Springs, NC DETAILS

Great customer service, Better web site than other cards. Best reward program.

Pat Ohagan
June 18th, 2018 Anadarko, OK DETAILS

Several times I had to contact them about unauthorized charges. Their response and resolution was perfect by my standards

Neil McHugh
June 18th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Great benefits, easy to work with and good customer service