MetroPCS Logo

5.2

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

MetroPCS is a prepaid wireless service that offers no-contract cell phones. MetroPCS is the sixth largest telecommunications network in the United States and offers customers up-to-date CDMA technology and services including nationwide calls, text, and data through T-Mobile’s networks.

The company boasts that its coverage network covers 99% of the people in the U.S.

T-Mobile Logo
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Prepaid Plans
  • Unique Plan Benefits
  • No Overage Fees
  • Good Phone Selection
  • Add-On Services

Prepaid Plans

Depending on what plan a customer chooses plan pricing ranges anywhere between $30-$60. MetroPCS offers four simple, straightforward 4G LTE data plans:

• $30 per month
    • Unlimited use of 4G LTE Data + 10 GB Hotspot
    • Unlimited video streaming
    • Unlimited social media use

Unique Plan Benefits

Customers with the $50/month or $60/month plans get free access to Google One which gives you 100 GB cloud storage, mobile backup, family sharing, and other benefits.

Customers with the $60/month unlimited plan also get free access to Amazon Prime including free shipping, TV streaming, movie streaming, and ad-free music.

MetroPCS offers a variety of affordable service plans for customers to choose from, especially for families. The family plan offers the best savings in the market for non-contract phones. A family can simply get an unlimited data plan or share the same data plan between multitudes of different lines.

No Overage Fees

There are no overage fees or contract fees for cell phone service with MetroPCS.

Good Phone Selection

Currently, MetroPCS offers a number of cell phone brands:

• Samsung
  • Apple
  • Motorola
  • ZTE
  • LG
  • Alcatel

For customers who don’t plan on using a phone for streaming videos or music, MetroPCS has several “basic” or "flip" phones available.

There is the option for customers to keep their phone number and bring their phone over when they switch to MetroPCS. Before making the jump, prospective customers should make sure their phones are compatible with the MetroPCS Sim Card. In order to check, customers will need to check the IMEI number on their current phone. After this initial step, customers can enter their IMEI number on the MetroPCS site and find out if their phone is compatible.

However, MetroPCS does charge $10 for the SIM Card Kit. This kit includes the Nano SIM card, a Micro SIM card adapter, and a Standard SIM card adapter.

Add-On Services

MetroPCS has plenty of additional services that customers can add to their monthly plan, should they need it. Whether you need international calling capabilities or the ability to block unwanted callers, MetroPCS offers these types of services for a fairly low price. Some of the services include:

• Mexico Unlimited: pay $5/month
  • MetroPCS Global Voice: pay $10/month
  • 2 GB Extra Monthly Data: pay $5/month
  • Select Shared Calling (1000 minutes): pay $10/month
  • Name iD: pay $2/month
  • Lookout Mobile Security Premium: pay $3/month

The Bad

Data Speed Limits

One issue with MetroPCS is that it advertises all plans as being "unlimited" regarding data.

In reality, a customer’s data plan has a designated allotment of high-speed data. After this amount is exhausted, data speed is reduced for the rest of the payment cycle.

If traffic is congested, the customers using more than 35 GB/month are especially prone to reduced download speeds while streaming video and other actions that utilize large data amounts because of T-Mobile's "prioritization" system.

There may be times where MetroPCS is testing new services and customers gain temporary additional high-speed access, but as soon as the test is over, the access is revoked and customers will have access to the service as an additional purchase. Especially during congested times, MetroPCS customers may notice their speeds being reduced vs. those on the T-Mobile network directly through T-Mobile.

The Bottom Line

MetroPCS offers a straightforward service to those wary of enrolling in a bigger-name carrier network while providing excellent coverage to almost any area in the U.S.

Many customers appreciate the fact that getting a family plan equates to real savings for customers and that they can choose plans based on their current cell phone usage. Plus, there are plenty of iOS or Android smartphones to choose from. And if customers don’t plan on using apps or streaming music or videos, several basic phones will suit their needs.

However, keep in mind that the data limits set on specific plans may affect device speeds. After using the allotted amount of data, a cell phone may considerably become slower.

For those looking for a no-contract cell phone service provider, MetroPCS has plans that accommodate most needs and preferences. Whether you're looking for a basic prepaid plan or for unlimited talk, text, and data to Mexico, MetroPCS is worth a try.

MetroPCS customer reviews are mixed, though, so a higher-ranked carrier is worth looking into.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

2.9

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

Easy to use & affordable. They also allow great coverage despite being a "smaller" carrier. Easy to bring a phone on or get one via a deal at the store or online.

Ronmower Tapachula, CHP

I have been with MetroPCS for 10 years. My first year with the company was bad because the customer service made it hard for me to get simple help, but when they merged with T-Mobile they seemed to get better. However, recently I opted in for Mexico Unlimited since I am temporarily living in Mexico with my wife while she is working on her US Residentship. After 6 MONTHS of using Mexico Unlimited, THEY NOW TELL ME that they will have to cut off my Mexico Unlimited service, forcing me to find another carrier out here in Mexico in order for me to make or receive phone calls with the US. It should be renamed "Mexico LIMITED" apparently. A few weeks ago before all this happened, I tried to downgrade my service for a cheaper price. My called dropped as I was put on hold by the agent, and after talking with THREE different people on their Facebook page for help, SOMEONE FINALLY figured out what the problem was and helped me get my service back........only for that same agent, Trisha, to call me back to let me know that they are going to cut off my Mexico Unlimited service because I have been using the network too much in Mexico as opposed to The United States. It is not Trishas fault, but she is just the messenger and seems to be one of the few people working there who knows what they are doing. After 10 years, I am done with MetroPCS because of the companies incompetence and tremendous lack of communication.

seanth57 Columbus, GA

I have always enjoyed using this company, with the limitless internet, I can watch all of my videos, and listen to music.

G Skier Orlando, FL

Horrible 😱 Customer since Metro PCS started and it used to work. Now after the merger of millions of users from Metro, T-Mobile and Sprint on the same network and living in the same place coverage went way down and customer service is unable to resolve the problem. After multiple attempts to resolve the problems with tech support, I'm left with only one choice, look for another carrier

Raul Diaz Lemon Grove, CA

After being with Sprint for fifteen loong years, I received a heightening intensification on charges to calls to and from Tijuana, MX!!! I then switched to Metro because they had a hard to believe $5 calling plan to Mexico!! They also have the best price, for there are no invented fees or taxes whatsoever, PERIOD!!! It's $25-$30, depending on the promotion you choose, plus the $5 Mexico Calling Plan if you so choose one!! Period, that's it, NO Contract or deposit required!!! A good customer service department eager to help, and the quality of the sound seems no different than that of Sprint!!! Lastly, some plans come with a Netflix, Amazon Prime, or other hard to believe give away included at no cost to you!!! Try it!! You'll find it worth your temptation!!! I said by to large sum bills, and outraged totals!!! Never thought I'd love without Sprint!! Now I've been without a contract, and enjoying the money from regulatory fees and taxes on REAL Common Sense Optimum Bargain Shopping!!! I'm a real, 4 year Metro PCS Customer, and not getting paid one can't for my real life experience!! Thanks, and Enjoy!

Bill Jones Louisville, KY

I was with Sprint for 12 years and found their unlimited data plans appealing. I was not pleased with my 5 line, $265 monthly payment but I stuck it out. Then one day I decided to switch work locations in Louisville, KY and my Sprint phone could not get a signal. Another person I work with also has Sprint and he just accepted the fact that he didn't have much reception and that it was supposed to be that way. I worked there 5 days and decided that was it for me. I had Sprint unlock all my phones, walked into a Metro PCS, and got 5 phone numbers ported over to Metro PCS and activated in about 25 minutes. It cost me $25 a line + $10 for the sim and activation. Today I arrived at work and did a speed test. I am getting speeds that rival Spectrum High-Speed Internet. Metro PCS wants $125 for 5 lines. The other 4 people on my plan all said their service was better and they are thrilled with their $25 a month bill. That includes all taxes. $25 flat x 5 = $125 vs. Sprint's $265. I notice most of the reviewers on here give poor ratings and it almost made me think of going with Straight Talk. Listen to me as I have no dog in this hunt. If you want great service, HD clear talking, and unlimited data at speeds of 37 MBP downloads get to a Metro PCS store. Do not doubt what I'm saying. Oh, I almost forgot, they said they would send me a $100 gift card once I paid my second month. If my speeds and signal stay like this I will be a customer for life!

Andrew Rochester, NY

I switched to MetroPCS after being with Sprint for years and years, and I'm really glad I switched. The coverage is much better, the plans are cheaper, and you actually get to keep your phone instead of "leasing" a phone with Sprint. It seems like a lot of folks had a hard time with customer service, but my experience was pretty easy overall. I went into a store, and the employees walked me through the process of switching providers. When I got home, I realized that the switch hadn't worked right, so I called customer service, and they helped figure out what the problem was and got me connected. From start to finish, it was a good experience. I've been using MetroPCS for almost a year now, and I'm really happy that I switched.

BRYANT ROEBACK Brooklyn, NY

I went in today to just buy a house charger for my phone at Metropcs store at 972 hempstead tpke Franklin Square, ny . i walked in the store and immediately i was kindly and warmly greeted by a very beautiful (extremely attractive), intelligent and knowledgeable young lady. Her name was Natalie. She first helped me with what i came in for. then she asked me about my service. i just bought a new phone a month ago with T mobile. But she convinced me to change my service to metro pcs service in 3 minutes. she saved me 10.00 on my monthly cellphone bill and a new phone, even though i had a new one. I used sell verizon and sprint phones for years. So a salesman knows a great salesperson when he sees them. she was knowledgeable, professionally, friendly, bright, courteous, a great listener and extremely polite. She is a great asset to Metropcs Corporation. I hope they give her a big promotion. Made my day! A+++++ service and a very pleasant experience. Glad i stopped in to see her today! Represented herself well and well for your company also! Thumbs up!

Amy Louhela Chicago, IL

Metro is a very affordable cell phone company. The connection is fairly good. There are a few dead spots but it's not too bad for the affordability.

Pazzo Miami Plant City, FL

Good price and value. The signal is not too good but has improved considerably in the past few years. Customer service is ok. Phones are a little pricey and they don’t last long.

Harry Reker Maple Shade Township, NJ

I have used MetroPCS for years now and am surprised to see them rated so low. Admittedly I am not a cell phone super user but I do use my metro purchased phone throughout the day to message, access the internet and talk and have done so on all of my trips throughout the US with no problems. The few times I have had questions, a trip to my local store was always resolved by a knowledgeable and courteous rep. For the $30 monthly fee, I think MetroPCS is a great bargain, for me.

Val Vancouver, WA

4 lines 100 bucks unlimited everything! May not be the best and often calls drop... But it's only 25 bucks a line and unlimited! I mean c'mon people stop your whining! Go pay the crooks at AT&T or Verizon 3-4x's as much... I give it 5 stars because you can't beat the price and the coverage (in Portland, OR metro) is far superior to AT&T and equal to Verizon.

Dustin W

I travel the state of California often (From Northern to Southern) with no problem in Urban Areas.(The Bay Area to Los Angeles) My only issue is the coverage/reception while in the rural areas between these Urban Giants. As soon as I get outside of San Jose I experience a lot of call drops and poor reception. (Traveling South Bound) That experience continues until I reach The San Fernando Valley/ Santa Clarita. That's a 350+ miles of nothing/or close to nothing coverage loss. Will like to see improvements of Metro PCS's services, because I'm a long time customer who loves my carrier. I recommend Metro PCS to Majority of my family and friends. Hands down the ratings of this company doesn't give the correct projection output. Metro should be ranked amongst the top Giants. I will do my part to promote, but need Metro to fulfill it's part and fix the small discrepancies. Overall I'm with Metro Til the Very End.

Shari Milledge Charlotte, NC

We have the family plan. Paying $25 to have unlimited text, calls and 4g internet is a great deal. We are pleased with their service.

Junk Stone Mountain, GA

I have been with metro pcs for about 17 years. How ever these last 3 or 4, years has been hell. I notice back in 2017 that someone had been making changes to my account. I called and the customer service rep was supposed to be securing the account. Apparently not I notice in 2018 that someone was listening to my calls. My calls and text messages are being redirected people tell me the called me and the phone didn’t ring. Some times when trying to make a call or try to get online the said no service I have called metro pcs over 50 times. They said there is nothing they can do. I have written the fcc , BBB, the other day I was reading and found out that the phone company has codes they can enter in your phone the same code the phone maker does. Please use another service provider. I was told that they was going to look into my problem. When I called back the customer service rep didn’t see those notes. Ever time I try to take the customer service survey. I get disconnected. Probably purposely.

Cinnamon Girl 41 Clifton Heights, PA

If I could give them no stars I would. I used the MyMetro app yesterday to try and get an issue resolved with an app that wasn't uploading to my phone correctly. 2 times I started a conversation w/a rep via messaging and both times they started to help me and then just fell off the conversation, not responding to my "Hello, are you still there?" So today, I call to try and resolve this. 1st rep: asks me a bunch of q's, says she's going to reset my phone n that our call will disconnect and that I need to turn the phone off and restart it and "the app will work." I did that and no, the app still wouldn't open. So I call back. This next rep starts talking to me and then disconnects our call and conveniently disconnected the automatic survey at the end, so I couldn't give her a bad review. I try to call back 3rd time. Now this time, I'm unable to use my phone at all. I have no service. Thank God I have a landline. So I call from the landline, for a supv. I spent 56 minutes on the phone w/this person, asking me security questions like what month did I open my account??? I DON'T KNOW, I'VE HAD THIS LINE FOR LIKE 5 YRS., SERIOUSLY??" So, she finally gets into my account and says that I'm disconnected from the tower and that she was going to reconnect me to the tower. But she wasn't able to do that so she opened a ticket. At the very end of the call, she read her little script and all I heard was "you'll hear from someone within 1-5 days, thank you for being a great customer and have a..." I SAID, "HOLD UP, WHATTT??? 1-5 days? So you disconnect me from the tower, now I have NO SERVICE AND IT'S YOUR FAULT AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 1-5 DAYS TO GET IT FIXED???" I try to be nice to customer service people because that's what I do and it's not easy but this rep was reading that script so fast and trying to get me off the phone because she probably has people hearing that 1-5 day bit and freaking out all the time. She gave me this ticket number and just kept repeating herself that it'll be 1-5 days and I'll get a call on my 'provisionary' phone, like cut out the big words, you're gonna call me on my landline to fix the problem YOU CREATED with my cell service. I asked her wtf I'm supposed to do because I use this phone for my job and so many other things and she just said that she was sorry but yes, 1-5 days, what will be the best time to reach me on the landline? I SAID, I DON'T KNOW, because now my whole life and job is screwed up because of YOUR ERROR!!! So, now I'm going to have to stay home and wait for Metro to call me sometime between now and Saturday??? SERIOUSLY? THEY ARE THE WORST, I've had many issues over the years, especially with the tower problems but they were always able to reconnect me once I called in. This time they disconnect me and aren't able to reconnect me. I'm switching providers tomorrow. THIS IS JUST COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Laurie E Donovan York, PA

I had Metro a few year's ago but decided to change carriers when my service was unbearable. Approximately 7 to 10 days prior to the billing cycle ending, most incoming calls would disconnect as soon as the conversation would begin. That being said, I chose another carrier for 2 + years. This past February I decided to go into the local metro store to see if thing's had changed since merging with T-Mobile. The Sales guy convinced me to switch back & reassured me that my past issue was probably from a virus. T-Mobile buying Metro did absolutely nothing. I'm dealing with the same issues as before and I'm not switching back ever again.

Darlene M. Dortch Chicago, IL

Excellent value $$ with no binding long term contract.contract. However, the down side is they don't offer the best phones and once you become a customer, there are NEVER any specials for current customers to upgrade to a better phone and any offers that come are not for current great rated phones. I've been a customer for 6+ years and only new customers are offered better phones free or at a lower cost. They should do the same for current customers.

Eran Reed Branson, MO

I love the service I have with metro. They're customer service is awesome, three payments are fair, quality of service is great. There's only a couple of places I don't get service, which is fine. It is truly unlimited data, it doesn't show down after a certain amount of GB used, Amazon prime I love having. Just all in all, I love having metro

Sandra Smyrna, GA

Since metro is now by T-Mobile they've stopped some of their perks, not that we get any. We use to get 2 extensions but now only one. They don't offer perks for their long time customers and their phone are normally refurbished. I was on the 50 unlimited plan, added 2 lines and now I don't have what I use to have. Have to pay for hotspot now. Really thinking hard about going to Sprint or AT&T. I'll get better phone and perks. Been with metro for 15 yrs and they've never offered anything. Then when you call customer service you'll speak to someone that doesn't speak good English. Metro need to step up their game and do more for their customers. It doesn't matter if they're prepaid or not. They're making money off us so we should get the best.

Kloe Taylor, MI

Beware of the Authorized dealers. Always go to the metro headquarters. Two family memebers went to 2 different authorized metro pcs dealers. And both had their credit cards charged. Fraud. One had $400 for something charged to card. Their cards had to be cancelled. The headquarters cannot do shaby business. So go there if needed. This is in southeast michigan area. I have had metro for 9 years. The prices are good. Coverage varies. When we drive down south we lose coverage in some parts. And for the last 3 days my phone and husbands, has been very slow. I called customer service. The lady was very polite. But almost one hour of trouble shooting did no good. We updated everything. Reset data. Anyways. I have 35 g/month. It shows I only used 12. So theres no reason why it should be slow. I've had pretty good coverage at my house until now. If this slow service persists. It will be time to move over to verizon. Its more expensive. But maybe will hold up better. I know another family member. Who tried metro. And it wouldnt work in job sites. So hes had to switch over to verizon. And has no problem now. Metro is cheap. And works for those that live in an area where metro covers well.

LadyMiles Dallas, TX

Metro PCS phones don't last long their phones at setup to go out every year so that you have to keep purchasing new phones.The ZTE phone you can't open up the back of the phone because it will damage the phone but how are you going to change out the battery.I think all of their phones have chips place in them so that they can tamper with your phone such as shutting your phone off and on.Metro PCS doesn't have any promotion for their long term customers the new subscribers are able to get alot of deals.

CAROLYN HAYES Canton, OH

they are very helpful! I recently went on the 4 for $100.00 . they set it up for me and advised me how to use the phones. t They knew the product and how to use it. VERY PLEASED. I used the metro pcs on Columbus RD. In Canton, Ohio

Steve

I checked around at several stores in the Cincinnati area and got terrible help but the store in dillonvale shopping center on E galbraith rd . was exceptional and very helpful. All their staff were easy to understand and helpful in transfering my service to metro pcs. Im so glad me and the wife stopped there

Heidi Summers

I switched to Metro PCS from cricket. I've only been with them a month, however... The service is equally comparable, the price is better, Annnnd they gave me a 48 hour extension to pay my bill for free. Which is something that was unheard of during my 11+ years with cricket. Not to mention, I got an amazing phone for free.. So far, so good. Glad I made the switch!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Irene M Rodriguez

I have Metro PCS a few year's. I went into a Fairfax Va. store & added a line and received a new phone. Yessica C. Gave us outstanding service. She was helpful, attentive and customer friendly. She definitely is an asset to your company. I love Metro PCS. I have recommended it to several people. Thank you, Metro. Truly yours, Irene R.

bud Pittsboro, NC

Their coverage for us is just fine. Our free J3 Galaxy phones are inexpensive but work fine and is more than I need with more features than I expected. Love this company and we save over $800 a year with our two phones over Verizon. Plus Metro PCS has three offices in our town (and looking to open a forth) were we can go in person if we have a problem. Verizon has just one.

CJ

This location (Abrams St - Arlington) has one of the best customer service skills I have come across in a long time. The staff is great and very helpful. They greet you at the door with a smile. It goes along way when you are dealing with a very proud Senior Citizen who's not tech savvy.

Richard Kowalski Pittsburgh, PA

I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. Had a Verizon account. Had 1 smart phone, 1 dumb phone. 700 shared minutes, 500 texts and 2G of 3G data. Cost $144 a month. Switched to Merto PCS. Unlimited talk and text, 1G of 4G LTE service. Price $64 a month. No difference in service. Plus, I got free phones from metro PCS.

Brooke May Houston, TX

I feel highly disrespected and no cared about for being a customer. I bought 2 phones and neither of them have what we asked for, both of our phones hardly ever work and when I go into the store to receive help I get shoved to the side and told there nothing they can do. That I would be better off going to a different provider. I spend my hard earned money for these phones and their service and for what to be talked to like my money isn't good enough for them. I am highly upset and I want some changes done.

Char'ming Daley Charlotte, NC

If you're thinking about switching from your old service to Metro DON'T. Save yourself the trouble and pay for a service where you'll at least get your money's worth. The "unlimited" data is a total and COMPLETE LIE. I just paid my bill for "unlimited" service on the 7th, today is the 11th and I already had a data cap. Yes a data cap. It's giving me a data usage warning since yesterday and now my service is buffering so much" I've never seen anything like it in my life. Don't do it! Plus if you want to change your password you've gotta to the store with your ID... how inconveniencing.

Sammy Abebe Oxford, MS

If there is a zero rate, I would happily give it! For years, I have been paying insurance for my new phone, now my phone is acting up and I made claim, the claim was accepted, the funny thing about this scam company is that after paying $200 detectable / service charge, they are going to replace my phone with a refurbished / used phone. Also, the payment for insurance increased (doubled). When I purchased my new phone from Metro PCS, they told me that if I purchase the insurance, they would replace it with a new phone if anything happens to my phone, 3 years later they say they can only replace it with a refurbished / used phone. This scum / fraud company, please be careful!!!

Krystine Malave Van Nuys, CA

No just no! All the way NO!! LOOK AWAY AND RUN! First off their systems corrects itself to make it look like MetroPCS didn’t make any mistakes. Whether it’s notes or money the system corrects itself it’s like they have someone in the back reviewing all transactions and notes and they are just deleting notes and adjusting the money. Second there is no refunds, EVER! They cancelled my account by mistake and it’s even written on the notes. But the system adjusted my money. I made a payment in their store I don’t even see in my payment history but I see it on my bank statement. Created a dispute and they said they see nothing wrong. I’m out $150 IN A PANDEMIC BECAUSE OF THIS SCAM COMPANY!!! PLEASE PLEASE DONT GET SCAMMED LIKE I DID DURING A PANDEMIC!!! THEY WILL NEVER CARE NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS YOU HAVE BEEN THEIR CUSTOMER. PAY THEM OR INCUR A DEBT, THATS THEIR MOTTO

Johnathan Tulloch

To make it short and to the point they're a fair company. Their deals are solid I haven't seen better deals anywhere else. The customer service I've recieved was very outgoing felt like I was talking to a friend instead of a forced worker. Overall the company is solid in my eyes would always recommend.

Dow Austin, TX

We have been with Metro for years now and have been a loyal family customer always paying on time, etc. *Very* disappointed to find out recently that Metro continued to charge us for an optional feature on our plan for around a year or so *after it had been discontinued* by the company. Customer service confirmed this over the phone. Even though we obviously hadn't used the feature during the latter part of its existence, charging us for a ghost feature that no longer existed is just straight up unethical. When something like that is discontinued, as a company you should either notify the consumer directly or just prevent it from being charged in the future on the appropriate bills. When contacted, MetroPCS made a small refund worth approximately 20% of the overcharges that they had allowed to occur on our billing. Attorneys General . . . are you listening?

M.R. Georgianna Crestline, CA

I recently switched from MetroPCS (Now just Metro by T-Mobile), they were one of the cheapest on monthly but that actually wasn't true in the long run. Most of their stores are Not corporate owned and have to generate profits to stay in business besides what the company makes off of cell phone service rates. They used to have cheap phones, but with a broken screen it would take about thirty dollars in fees to activate a twenty dollar phone. I tend to go through about a phone a year, so it really wasn't all that bad, just annoying to pay such ridiculously high fees for activating a cell phone. The other downside is that it is extremely difficult to get a Metro phone and they are Not standard unlocked phones, short variety choice, etc. Trying to get a cheap phone and replace it is now pretty much gone. Their cheapest phone is now about $90, add in the now lowered fees of $20, and I can get the cheapest phone they have for almost $120 with taxes. Now I am with Verizon, they want automatic withdrawal to give the same rate, but that is fine. I find used cheap phones for backups or wait on sales and get a few cell phones, no more activation fees. No more limited phone availability, no more hassles because I can't remember an eight digit pin after another year of not having to switch phones. Swap the SIM card and it is done. I wish people would have pointed out how insane the SIM card thing was with MetroPCS before I joined, it really is extremely unreasonable and the only reason they have it like that is to generate revenue for the franchises they use to promote their business and such. You pay extra for that on the back end and most people won't think about it, but I despise the hidden costs and sideways angles at getting at my money. It is bad business and they should know better.

Hila Dallas, TX

We had an issue regarding our phone numbers and called MetroPCS customer service. Alfonso was patient, friendly, and extremely helpful in addressing our concerns. He exhibited exceptional customer service and walked us through everything we needed to do. Thanks to Alfonso, our problem was solved quickly and efficiently.

Cliff M Elmhurst, NY

This is an update to my previous review. I went to the MetroPcs store located at 148-19 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica NY. Christian, who works at that store, did what customer services would not do. He fully understood what happened and resolved my issues. I rate the the store at 148-19 Jam Ave a 5 raising my overall score of MetroPCS a 3. So the "3" I gave MetroPCS includes my first rating of their customer service of "1" and "5" of the rating of the store.

Donna Langley

I am a new customer. The thing I like most is being able to get on the internet and be able to do everything on it. I can order things from the different apps have stuff delivered to your house.

Daliah

I'm very happy with them. The cell service is as good as the more expensive companies. I have free testing. Basically unlimited data. And the cost is much better than what we paid at our last provider.

Lynne Fort Myers, FL

I was paying 280 a month with AT&T and couldn't afford it any more. Metro PCS had a deal that I could get 4 lines and 4 free phones for 100 a month. I switched and have had no problems with the service.

Rachel Winter Springs, FL

When I first got with Metro I was happy, I have been a customer for 5yrs now, and it's been problems. Their 4g LTE isn't the greatest, slowest 4g ever. Some of the workers near my location are rude and lazy. When I needed to just push back my billing for like a day or two, they said I would have to pay extra to do that. They really don't offer anything to long time customers or have any great offers,. I've been unsatisfied for sometime now, I would like to go to another provider but can't at the current moment. Metro needs to make some changes soon.

DAVID SHEARER Independence, MO

i have metro pcs with my wife and grandson for about a year now. the phones we have are LG aristo the phones are ok for cheap ones. the service is better then sprint that we had before. the internet is good per grandson. the phones have not drop calls . the wife was having problems with her phone. they took care of it right away. other then that service and phones have been good.

Peter Koufos

After auto pay snagged my payment 3 days before the due date, I received this inappropriate "alert" via text: You've used 28GB of high-speed data this month on your MetroPCS plan. If you exceed 30GB you may temporarily experience slower speeds at locations and times when competing network demands occur until your next cycle date. Learn more at...and they provide a link to justify and extenuate. With their mediocre coverage quality in my area, I don't need this annoyance. I do need to qualify this by saying that they're a better company overall than Sprint, at least where I am. Still, if you're charging me 3 days early, take care of my data appropriately. That's not too oh to ask. ...and then they provide a link to discribe their data practices. Fine. But this is a billing and data cycle issue.

Carolina Martinez Las Vegas, NV

I changed 10 years ago from T-Mobile to metro PCs and I’m happy 😃 . I have 4 lines with internet, calls and messages unlimited, 15 gb of hotspot and one line unlimited international calls and Amazon prime !! I know. Great costumer service so it’s amazing.

Jenni Walker American Fork, UT

I started using Metro PCS about 2 years ago. I haven't had any problems with my phones or the service. I feel like I get a great plan for a great cost, and I don't pay a lot 8f extra money for a lot of extra things that I don't need. Their customer service isn't that great though. You have to go into a store - don't call or you'll be on the phone forever!

Kevin Bart Atlanta, GA

Last week I got a message on my phone that I got a new phone. And then a little later I got a message that someone tried to change my email password, and a password on one of the sites that I have an account. Fortunately I was able to get into those accounts and change passwords and secure them. Somehow someone was able to go to a Metro PCS store, without my phone and without my SIM card and without my ID, and gain access to my Metro PCS account and get a new phone linked to my SIM card. And they locked me out of my account. After 6 phone calls and a visit to a Metro PCS store here I was able to get back into my account and change passwords... Apparently the person did this in or near the Fort Lauderdale area because her new phone is a 954 area code. Do not use Metro PCS/Metro by T-Mobile. They have terrible security and horrible foreign customer service.

Danielle Kelly Jamaica, NY

I visited a Metro PCS store on February 26th, 2020. The associate overcharged me for a SIM card and the activation of my phone. I was in total was supposed to pay $25 and any other tax included. I left the store paying $62.06. The associate, his name was Kumar, charged me $18 towards my phone bill and I did not even ask him to do that. That leaves $44.06 that I paid for just a SIM card and the activation. His reasoning for this charge is because since Metro PCS is under T-Mobile (they always were) the prices changed. I paid $20 for a SIM card. That is absurd. I also never received a receipt from the store or any text messages on my purchases to notify me that it was authorized. When I called customer service to ask why I was charged $44.06 for a SIM card and the activation, I could not receive the six-digit codes they were sending me to get into my account. No matter what they did, I could not receive the code. So there was nothing they could do at the time. While I was on the phone with the 4th representative I talked to, I checked my blocked numbers list and saw that the 611 number was blocked on my phone. The phone was brand new so I did not understand why the number was blocked. Meaning, the associate intentionally blocked their number on my phone when he was activating it so I would not receive any messages from 611. I unblocked the number and finally the representative was able to send me the six-digit code and look into my account. The representative saw that I was overcharged and said that I need to go back to the store and get my refund. The representative also gave me a $20 credit to my account (which I appreciate). The representative further explained that what the store did was fraudulent and that it was alarming. He also said that he was going to file a complaint against the store for overcharging me. The next day, on February 27th, I went back to the same Metro PCS store that I went to the previous day politely asking for my money back. Kumar started to get belligerent and proceeded to yell at me while I was on the phone with a customer service representative. The customer service representative told Kumar and me that the SIM card was supposed to be $10 and the activation fee was supposed to be $15 plus tax. Even after that, Kumar was reluctant to give me back my money. After going back and forth with him still screaming at me, with the customer service representative still on the phone, the representative said that he’s supposed to give me a $17 refund. After that, he gave me $17 in cash and I left the store. After I left the store, I was still on the phone with the representative because she heard everything that happened. She asked me if I wanted to file a complaint against the store and Kumar and I agreed. I have been with Metro PCS for 8 years and I never had a bad experience with one of their stores until today. I know Metro PCS is a great company for saving money, but Kumar does not represent them whatsoever with his behavior. Before he even helped me with my activation and my SIM card, Kumar was yelling at a previous customer because he was asking questions about his phone. As soon as I addressed the situation, Kumar became hostile towards me.

Bettye Chambers

I have had trouble with metropcs in paying my bill, their web sight would not accept my payment but when I went to the store it would accept it but I would have to pay 3 dollars and I refused .

CARLOS C LUZUNARIS Geneva, NY

hello my name carlos luzunaris from geneva. ny owner of Dragonfly Transportation . over a month ago a wrote a review giving Metro pcs a one star rating because you cant give it a zero star , i was complaining .about there smart rides and how they dont work properly on impalas 2003 and 2004 ,they had told me that there were goin to take care of the problem that they were goin to switch them with the new one that they have so ! they said at that time that they order them and that it would take 3 to 4 weeks , 5 weeks later i go back to see were we stand and to pick them up ! and they give me all the run around ! so leave the store and give the the worst review posible cause last time i did that they got to work ! right so i did the same this time so i could get my smart rides fix or change !! can you belive that when they read my review they called me to tell me that they got two new smart rides for me ! so i said great when can i go pick them up ! and what they told me im talking about the big man ! the in charge of all of the stores in geneva, NY told his maneger to tell me to change the reviews that i had giving them and that ones i do that to call them back and they would check first to see if i changed my review and then they would proceed with changing my smart rides !!!!!! can you belive that shhhh !!! i personaly dont recomend those smart rides for the chevy impalas . cause right now because of those smart rides my speedometer doesnt work and my temperture gauge doesnt work im using a cell phone with a speedomete app so i could know how fast im goin . because i told these people from the begining that those smast rides makes all needle and lights on the dashbord go crazy !! so if you get one of them beware ! cause they would also get very hot ! they never gave me a chance of using one of the new ones they say they got [email protected]@####