Boost Mobile Logo

4.8

Boost Mobile is a prepaid carrier of wireless service that is owned by the Sprint network. They are headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas with Sprint and their brand headquarters are in Irvine, CA. Boost Mobile provides prepaid plans with unlimited data, talk & text, taxes & fees, and unlimited music streaming without data charges on all plans. And it all comes with no annual service contracts. Boost Mobile also allows service men and women to suspend their service while deployed overseas and keeps their accounts and phone numbers active.

T-Mobile Logo
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Phone Selection
  • Keep Your Current Phone
  • Cell Phone Plan Options
  • Additional Features

Phone Selection

Boost Mobile offers a decent sized selection of phones for customers to choose from. Whether customers prefer to have the latest technology or a phone of an older generation, customers have the selection to find something that will work for them. There is an option to choose from a brand new phone like the Samsung Galaxy S20, pre-owned phones, or an Apple certified refurbished iPhone models. This allows the prices to be lower than the retail price, which is great for those looking for a cheaper option. All Boost Mobile phones are built for 4G LTE network speeds.

Keep Your Current Phone

Another excellent feature Boost Mobile offers is the "Bring Your Own Phone" option. This allows customers who don't want to pay for a new phone to continue using their current iPhone, Android smartphone, or other mobile device. Any of Boost Mobile's plans are available so customers won't be limited on which plan they choose. However, customers should keep in mind that there are several important steps to bring a cell phone over. Such as: check to see if the phone is compatible (either online or at a Boost Mobile store), purchase a Boost Mobile SIM card kit, and unlock the cell phone from the current carrier.

Cell Phone Plan Options

Customers can choose from three Boost Mobile plans that offer data, talk, and text. First, there is the 3Gigs 4G LTE plan which costs $35/month. If needed customers can add 1GB for $5/month or an extra 2GB for $10/month. The 3GB plan does allow you to use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot, but it is drawn from the high-speed data allotment. The Unlimited plan will cost $50/month and includes unlimited talk, text, and data. It also includes mobile-optimized streaming for those who want to watch videos, play games and listen to music. It also allows you to turn your phone into a mobile hotspot for up to 8GB. Lastly, the Boost Unlimited Plus plan starts at $60/month, unlimited data, talk, and text has HD streaming capabilities and can be used as a hotspot for 20GB.

Additional Features

Boost Mobile provides its customers with several helpful everyday services.

• Premium Caller ID — This feature displays the name and number of incoming calls that are not already in a contact list. Additionally, the Premium Caller ID comes preloaded onto any Boost Android phone.
  • Visual Voicemail — Customers have the option to choose from free basic visual voicemail, this allows checking your voicemail in any order and includes in-app ads. The $0.50 No-Ad Basic Visual Voicemail offers Basic visual voicemail features and no ads. And the $2.99 Premium Visual Voicemail has the basic visual voicemail features with no ads but also includes auto forward voicemails to email and voicemails that can be transcribed into text.
  • Mobile Wallet — Many people who might not have the credit for a regular bank account can use their Boost Mobile wallet to deposit their paycheck. It is also possible to pay your monthly phone bill with your Boost Wallet. The Boost Wallet is also compatible with PayPal and other online payment technologies.
  • Boost Mobile App — The My Boost Mobile allows customers to troubleshoot or manage their account. Customers can pay bills, purchase add-ons, suspend a lost or stolen phone, review phone usage, and more.

In case customers want a few extra features added on to their plan they have a few options.

• International Services — add international calling to a monthly plan
  • Data Packs — add more data to keep surfing at high speeds
  • HD Buy Up — add HD to watch, listen and play for $10/month
  • Phone Insurance — protect your phone for just $7/month

The Bad

• Limited Operating Systems
  • Lack of Online Chat Feature

Limited Operating Systems

There were some limitations with Boost Mobile's service. For instance, there are a few phone operating systems that are not available. If customers are interested in BlackBerry or Windows 10 phones, Boost Mobile is not compatible with these operating systems. Customers will either have to buy a Boost Mobile phone or find one that is within the allowed operating systems.

Lack of Online Chat Feature

When it comes to customer service Boost Mobile provides the basic customer care support by phone, email and community forums. While these tools can be useful, some customers prefer the quick response of chatting with a representative online. This is often preferred when a customer has a simple question that can be answered quickly by a representative or if a customer has a specific account question but cannot call within the company hours.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Boost Mobile provides a quality service for a niche customer base. Even though there are no BlackBerry or Windows 10 phones, there is a decent number of Android and iOS phones available to choose from. Boost Mobile allows customers to pay for everything they want up front. There are no annual contracts, customers don't have to worry about credit checks, overage fees, or roaming charges. Boost Mobile has expanded the services it provides as they now offer Single Line Monthly plans, Family plans, Tablet plans, and Wi-Fi Hotspot plans.

A Boost Mobile customer can manage their plan all from the Boost Mobile app making it easy to add extra features and pay their bill. The "Bring Your Own Phone" feature is nice but it does limit which phones can be used on the network. If you are tired of annual contracts but still want unlimited calls, text, and video, then Boost Mobile is a solid choice. To learn more about the experience of actual customers, read our verified Boost Mobile reviews below.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

2.4

zagato romero San Francisco, CA

Ive been using boost mobile for about 4 yrs service it was ok for what ive been paying ,now what i was experiencing bad reception , not enough data, guess what called customer service, they explained what really happens why i dindnt have good reception , change expanded simcard to my iphone X for 9.99 called back again to activate new simcard they add more data for the same price . Including calls to mexico problem resolved , boost mobile for me the THE BEST ONE , and cheap. Plan , 100% recommended

Susan F Philadelphia, PA

I just had to switch my account from Boost to another carrier after they tried to charge me for something I did not sign up for which was some game thing called mini-me games. But before that I was not receiving texts or even phone calls. I had to resort to using Twitter DM as a back-up contact. But all that isn't even the worst. After I contacted customer service (which is really, really hard to do by the way) to have the mini-me games fee removed, I was blocked from transferring my phone number, which I had for over 10 years via great old Virgin Mobile. I was forced to get a new phone number. After Virgin Mobile went out of business, all their customers were forced to sign on with Boost. What a horrible company! What a nightmare!!

Dorothy Terrell Columbia, SC

I had to buy another phone due to the one I had was broken. I went to the boost mobile on decker blvd and was very very pleased with my service. The young woman that served me was very patient, very knowledgeable, and had great skills as a representative of this company. I'm so sorry I did not get her name, but I was there the Feb. 25, 2021, I brought a LTE android phone, Thank You For Your Time and Patience, while she was also helping other customers.😊😉😉😉😉

Kelly Clarks Summit, PA

In short, if you purchase online you're taking a risk. If you have any delivery issues, it all falls on the customer and if you want to cancel an order they pretty much won't because "they will put in a ticket but there is no guarantee." In detail, this was a long, exhausting week going back and forth with the 1-800 number. I'll try to sum up the main details. First, I ordered a 200$ phone on Sunday night and decided quickly it wasn't what I wanted. I tried to cancel the next morning (Monday). See above. I get a call from Boost Mobile on Friday that the phone was delivered Wednesday. I never received a shipment confirmation. I never received the phone. For context, I recently moved to a good neighborhood. I had a Samsung tablet fixed and left on my porch for hours without issue. I promptly call the 1-800 number to inform them it didn't arrive. They opened an "investigation." I was required to file a police report with a list of information and send it to a complicated email address. I asked for these instructions to be sent via email. They said they didn't have that capability. I spoke with the police department Monday. I wasn't surprised when they said they never heard of such a thing and didn't want to do it. THEN, I spoke with Amy Supervisor who told me if the police won't file a report they can't refund me, that I can't talk to another supervisor, I can't have her direct line, and I can't speak to her boss (Aseundy) but she can call me back (she never called). Then Jay Supervisor told me I don't have to worry about a police report that they will still investigate. THEN I got a call later that evening saying they are closing my case because I didn't provide one. SO I drove the Boost mobile rep down to the police department to speak to the chief of police. The chief informed them that he doesn't just file police reports without following up on them and as far as he can see there is no crime. They informed him that this is their process. So the chief of police wrote up a report (that was closed at the same time it was opened) and I got my refund. Couple of other things, there is no corporate number for Boost Mobile. Every time you call you will speak with a rep who will verify all your information, go through every interaction you've had with boost, and then you will hear them typing. For reference, I called to confirm that they received my police report (because they don't send confirmations for those either). That took approximately 20 minutes and they couldn't confirm. Also, I have been a customer for 8 years. That is close to 10k I have given to this company and I will be leaving over a 200$ phone. :)

Erica ,

You are told no contract, that's a lie. They indicate that under federal law and policy of locked phones the company will not unlock your phone until you completed a year with them. Even though its a prepaid plan no contract the device has terms and conditions when you are offered them. Its a year to unlock despite you bought an apple phone at a discounted price by the manufacturer. There internet is terrible worst than Metro pcs. It will work a week or two even when you do not use internet and the internet run very very slow. This company free phones and offers are not worth it. Take your business some where else, don't make the same mistake I and so many has made. Its not unlimited data its not an unlimited plan. The plans are a lie they 3 phones for 90. Then every month I see 100.00 telling me I have a discount of 10.00. Why are they telling me that

Sharinda Hunter Waterbury, CT

What I like most about Boost Mobile is the shrinkage plan. If you pay on time three consistent times your price point goes down. I also like the pay as I go option. What I dislike is I wish I could use the same phone number on another plan.

Bruce Bennett Slatington, PA

If you are in the Allentown Pa. area go see Moe at 18th and Tilghman street boost store. He transfered a phone for my friend and another phone from Sprint to boost for me.He transfered my old number, reset phone to factory specs and transfered all my contacts.He did all this while taking care of other customers and phone calls.He can multi-task and knows how to treat a customer.He did all this with a smile and he wasn't even selling me a phone.I just got boost service today so i will review actual mobile service later, although friends have used boost for years with good coverage and no hidden fees or taxes. Boost gets 4 stars Moe gets 5 for excellent service

waka waka Marstons Mills, MA

Absolute Worst Company I’ve ever had if I can recommend one phone company to you this one would not be it. First up we were trying to call today to ask why my phone number wasn’t working even though we’d payed the plan for both mine and my mom’s yet they kept talking in circles saying different things then had the audacity to hang up on us and it happened two more times! I swear to god the phone service isn’t even good yet the customer service was absolutely horrendous! I’m changing to a better phone company and if you ever think about switching to boost just don’t save your money instead especially since every time you call their “customer service” they charge you. Make the smart decision and don’t switch to boost.

L Rossi Portland, OR

I like the unlimited talk and text. I like not having to pay through the nose for service. 3 of us are on this plan and it costs 112.00 a month. Things have changed and it might cost more now, not sure. We signed up in 2017. the Negative is, that you cannot get ahold of anyone phone wise; however, you can go into their store to talk to someone. Everyone I have dealt with has been nice.

Steve S. Grand Blanc, MI

Horrible service and phone. Spent over 3 hours on a phone trying to resolve and finally demanded a refund !! I spent more on the phone than the phone was worth.

Simone Buford, GA

I went to the Buford Drive Location today 09/13/2019 around 1pm. The service Rep was AMAZING. I believe her name was Jenifer/ Jeni! I hope I spelled her name correctly!!!!! I have to say she was very knowledgeable on the products she was selling and very friendly. I will continue to go back to this location and request for her to help me! The store was very clean and organized as well! She is defiantly a great asset to the business and her good work deserves to be acknowledged! Customer Service : 5+ STARS

Christine Naperville, IL

I've been a Boost customer for several years, and for the most part, I love everything about it - the price, the phone service, and the coverage. There's one feature that is awesome, and if it worked properly, I'd be giving 5 stars. You're supposed to get unlimited music streaming from certain apps - including Spotify and IheartRadio. I listen to podcasts in my car, and music at work, and I have no wifi for either. This shouldn't be a problem since it's not supposed to count toward my data useage, right? Au contrere, mon frere! Unfortunately, once I hit my high-speed "limit" of 6GB, I get a text about how my access will continue but at the lower speed until my monthly renewal. AND, when I check my data usage, I can see that half of my data was eaten up by the music programs. I have been calling since July 2018 about this. Every month they give me an extra gig to hold me over. Some months they even added a couple gigs to my plan, so now I'm up to 6GBs for $35. Which is awesome! Except I'm using 3GB for music, and I have to call every month to get it fixed. Now I'm getting my issue escalated to an SME (since October!!) And don't even get me started on how it takes 10 minutes to get to a live person. Fortunately I've been keeping notes since October so I can at least refer the person to my call records. This is critical since 100% of the people I've spoken to were unaware of the unlimited music streaming until I educated them. So yes, they're great unless you have a problem, and if you do, good luck!!

Benjamin Smith ,

I was charged for a service that I was never given. They charged me for a month of service and never activated my phone after three days of fighting with them. Immediately when I went to AT&t this issue was resolved within 30 minutes. Boost Mobile refused to give me my money back even though they never tendered me service.

Gary Poisson Saint Clair, MI

I ordered a new Motorola phone from Boost Mobile website. The phone arrived but ended up being defective right out of the box (reboots constantly). Boost mobile refused to replace it after only 1 day of activation - they told me to call Motorola who in turn told me to call Boost. Their chat people are worse than useless, and their phone people are not native English speakers and are very difficult to understand. Tech support is essentially non-existant.

Tony Dad Ostan Bernville, PA

Went to boost in myrtle beach.sc! Had a really good experience with a dm named Rosie! She was very professional and set two of us up and dealt with incoming customers. She was very focused on everything she did! I would recommend her to anyone who wants help with cell phones or switching to a carrier! Shout out for Rosie at Boost store!

Ronny Oak Ridge, TN

I like unlimited talk and text, and the service in my area is good. BUT I pay for the best data plan they have available and I am constantly encountering lag, drops, and overall poor download speed. I imagine they are throttling me, but it has gotten much worse over the past year. I can't even stream a live lecture continuously. I would NOT recommend.

Cordell Las Vegas, NV

Unlimited plans that go over their suggested data usage revert to 2g data. 2g data is practically unusable. You cannot use most apps and using something like google maps will take minutes(if it even works) just to load your destination. It was a recent change they made and just slid it by with a innocuous text message that almost all people probably ignored. It was a service canceling decision. It's not Unlimited data!!

Roger Brandl Omaha, NE

I had just paid my Boost Mobile bill, and a few days later I ported my phone number from Boost to another carrier. I called Boost and requested a refund of the used 27 days of my payment. Boost refused to refund the remaining amount of unsused service, stating that since the account is now closed, there is nothing they can do. Said that I need to file a dispute with my bank to get the charges refunded. They are seriously telling me that when the account is closed, they will steal the remaining ballance. This is unbelievable. Any other service, when cancelled, the remaining ballace paid, is returned to the customer. Boost Mobile will flat out, STEAL from you.

Garret Southbury, CT

I need to share my experience because this is simply asinine. On July 3rd I was in need of a WiFi hotspot. I pulled out my Franklin device I purchased from Boost in 2016 but haven’t used in a couple of years. I paid the $10 reactivation fee and added $50 to my account. I then tried to activate my old device. No luck. So I called customer support. Long story short, after being on the phone for 2 hours (a fair amount spent on hold) I was told that the device was too old to reactivate. No worries, I said I would purchase the Coolpad Surf and the customer service rep assured me that I could transfer the $50 to the new hotspot. So, I placed the order. July 9th - my Coolpad arrives. I go through multiple attempts to activate the device. No luck. I call customer service again. I spend 3.5 hours on the phone with multiple people going through every trick in the book to get the device to work and nothing works. So I was supposed to be transferred to Coolpad support but instead I was disconnected. July 10th, let’s try again. Call customer support, 2 hours of being on hold and troubleshooting. Nothing works. I decide to simply return the Coolpad. No problem. I then spend another 1.5 hours either on hold or explaining the problem and requesting a refund. I’m put on hold so the rep can escalate something. Thirty-five minutes later I’m on the phone with someone new and we start all over. This rep informs me that I can return the device for a refund but that $60 in my account. That’s apparently not refundable. So now I’m out $60 plus I have to pay the return shipping cost! So fine, let’s do it. I’m put on hold. And then someone from some other company picks up. I explain the problem AGAIN and he transfers me to Coolpad support and guess what? The call disconnects. I call back again and finally get through to someone who can help me. I’d say I probably spent 5+ hours trying to get to that point! And now, since I am going to lose $60 plus shipping for this wonderful experience, I ask if I can simply replace the device. The answer was no. They will refund the price of the device and then I can go buy an new device. Of course this will take 2-4 weeks for the refund by which time my money in my account will have expired and I’m out $60. Seems almost criminal.

Rebecca Kuhl Allen, TX

If I could give a negative star, I would. I have been with boost for at least 10 years. About 2 years ago, I bought an IPhone 8 outright from the apple store. I had it replaced last December. I am currently trying to switch to a new phone provider and Boost has my phone locked. When I called them the first 4 times, they repeatedly told me that my phone was not locked. I have called them at least 8 times now and found out that due to a new policy, they have it locked. Even though they advertise as a month to month plan, they now require you to have 12 consecutive months before unlocking a phone, even if it was not purchased from them. Because I had the phone replaced, my time restarted in December 2019 and will not be eligible for unlocking until December 2020. I have been waiting on a call back from a manager for the last 3 days, I was told I would be contacted in 24 hours. If I would have known of this new policy, we would have canceled our plans a long time ago. I just got off an hour and 10 minute phone call with them and they ended up transferring me to apple to assist with unlocking the phone. Apple cannot assist with this issue.

practical intuition Peachtree Corners, GA

I cant enroll in autopay because their website wont accept my card?? The phone system doesnt accept payment after hours, for some reason! and I work overnight shifts. Maybe it was just me??The lady at the store ensured I could join my wife's plan after my first bill.( Sidenote:I told her to give me the $50 with no insurance for the meantime. My first bill was $60+$7 for insurance)Then, she tells me I cant when I join it, when I went in to pay. And now, here i am, after the second month of service with this junk company, writing this review. What happened?? Forget this trash company. I'm going back to metro. This company is trash.

Mark Pittsburgh, PA

You can’t beat the price, I pay less than half of what I did previously for a family plan, but the network is awful. I’ve dropped calls sitting on the couch at my house from the network instability. Streaming is hit or miss, the service isn’t what I expected. They tout a large coverage map but realistically it has more holes than a sieve. The network does work how it’s supposed to about 60-70% of the time, so the price is definitely worth the headache if you’re on a budget or if you can supplement your phone use with WiFi.

Simone Runyan Fort Wayne, IN

Overall I have had an okay experience with Boost. I have been a customer for 5 years. My experience with local stores is a different story however. Here is the three page letter I am sending corporate about my experience at two stores in Fort Wayne, IN: Dear Boost Mobile: I had a terrible experience at one of your Fort Wayne stores, and I would like to take a moment to share my experience with you. I am going to give you two versions, the very short version and the very long version. That way you can just cut to the chase if you want to. Everything I am about to tell you is true. It all happened at the 1101 Goshen Ave. location (well, and also at a store on Bluffton Rd., but I will get to that later). The Very Short Version: I would like to be refunded $50, which is the difference between the Motorola E4 Plus I purchased and the ZTE Prestige 2 I exchanged it for. The employees at the Goshen Ave. store refused to refund me the difference. I am providing a copy of the receipt for the Motorola. I was not given any other receipts. The Very Long Version: I first laid eyes on your employees at the Goshen Ave. location on February 22nd. My ZTE phone (ZTE “Bolton”—See attached “Recently Used Devices” printout from myaccount.google.com/deviceactivity) would not charge. I asked your employee (Hari C., according to the receipt; I never asked for his name) what the problem might be. He only really seemed concerned about selling me another phone. I had to ask him to please put it on a charger to see if it would charge. He did that and said my charging port was bad and accused me of pushing the cord in too forcefully. I asked him if there was still a warranty on my phone. He said, “I don’t think so.” I asked him what that meant, because it either is or is not under warranty. Then he gave me some kind of answer like, “It is not…I don’t think so…Probably not.” I asked him how we might be sure. He did Google ZTE warranty for me, and it turns out my ZTE is still under warranty. I have returned the phone to ZTE and am taking care of that part of things on my end. “Hari C.” and I argued for a bit about whether a charging “port” is the same thing as a charging “dock.” Truthfully, I didn’t care to argue, but I did want to use the right terminology when referring to something. I asked him if the two were one in the same, and he said something like, “It doesn’t matter.” He then was about to say something and then told me he couldn’t say it because it would be a very rude thing to say. I told him to go ahead and say it since we were all being honest. He refused. Things only went downhill at that point. I stood there for a few seconds debating on what to do. In retrospect, I should have just gone to WalMart, but I was busy yesterday and I just needed to have a phone. I let “Hari C.” sell me a whole package: The Motorola, which he assured me over and over was a “good phone,” the cover, screen protector, car charger, and an extra travel charger. To his credit, he did throw in a headset. The Motorola was awful. I run two businesses: A rental property business and a small taxi company. With regards to my taxi customers especially, I need to make sure they can hear me and I can hear them. When they tell me their pick up location, I need to be able to hear it the first time. I can’t afford to ask my customers to keep repeating themselves. They need to hear me also. The reception on the Motorola was just terrible. Very “tinny” and “far away” sounding. I had other (minor) issues with it as well, but I probably could have lived with those, had the sound quality been okay. I called Hari that night about five minutes before the store closed. I told him that the sound quality on the Motorola was very bad and that I would be in the next day. He said ok. Today I returned to the store and there were two men there. Hari remembered me from the day before. The other one had never met me. Both of them gave me a song and dance about how good the Motorola supposedly is, how they have never had any complaints or returns, etc. Hari kept blowing into the phone, as if that proves something. They told me to keep the charging port (or maybe the area next to it, not sure), free of debris, and the guy I had not met previously later recommended I purchase something to go in my ear so I can hear people. Between the two of them, it was like a vaudeville act. I told them they both must be joking, that this whole thing must be a joke, and I stormed off. I called Customer Care and spoke with “Tony,” who told me to go back to that location and ask for the manager and then inform him that I had 7 days to make an exchange. I returned to the store and asked the other guy (Hari was busy) if he was the manager. He said yes, but I have my doubts that he was. I told him what Tony said, and he still argued. Eventually he agreed to an exchange, but only after giving me a talk on how he would have helped me if I hadn’t copped an attitude. He pompously explained to me that he was only helping me because of my five year history with Boost Mobile. I don’t understand why he thinks I was the one with an attitude. Yes, of course I had an attitude when I was told I couldn’t exchange the phone. But up until that point all I did was struggle to get help. I told them that although I am not 100% happy with the ZTE, that I would like another ZTE because at least it has decent sound quality. We all decided it would be best for me to have exactly the same ZTE I had previously. I couldn’t think of what it was called. I asked Hari if we could look it up on the computer. He said no, but a few minutes later he said he “remembered” from the day before that it was a ZTE Prestige II. I trusted him because it kind of sounded right. (A few minutes later, I heard him whisper to the other guy something like, “Are we sure that’s what she had?” Apparently he was just guessing. The Goshen Ave. location did not have a Prestige II. Hari told me NO stores in the area carried it. I doubted him, so I made a couple phone calls and found out right away that the store on Bluffton Rd. carries it. The lady there was nice enough to let me exchange the Motorola for that phone. The guys on Goshen Ave. made me go home to get the box and charger. Then they told me to go to the Bluffton Rd. location to do the exchange. When I got to the Bluffton Rd. store, the lady there showed me the phone and asked me if it was the same as the ZTE I had. I told her it looked smaller, but that I would go ahead and do the exchange if no stores carried the model I actually had. She informed me that no other stores did because Boost no longer makes it. Having been lied to the whole day, I wanted to verify what she was saying by making a few phone calls myself, but it was getting late and they were all pushing me into doing the exchange. I was too tired at this point to really put up much of a fight. The exchange was made and I sat in the store for a few moments to download Gmail, Messenger, Facebook, and RoamPay X. The lady there made some snide comments about how the phone was functioning fine and how Boost had “nothing to do with” the apps I was downloading. I informed her that I just wanted to download those things before leaving the store so I could make sure they downloaded properly and I could use them. I left the store. Then I returned because I realized that the Prestige II was $50 less than the Motorola. I was informed that I would have to speak to the Goshen Ave. location about it, so I called them. They are refusing to refund the difference. Hari C. tried to persuade me to believe that I wasn’t being shorted on anything. How stupid do they think people are? So here we have come to the end of this completely true story. If you have made it this far, I thank you for listening, and for your prompt attention to this matter.

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

Boost Mobile is very similar (in my experience) to Virgin Mobile. Both are under Sprint and the connection could be spotty at times. I had Boost before they had the unlimited plans; they used a minutes/top up system. It wasn't too bad for the money. The phones were very expensive (which makes sense for the time, since post paid companies had contracts and sold the phones at a discount to balance it). It may be better now that the cell industry has changed.

Barbara Eanes Harrisonburg, VA

We had a horrible experience with Boost! Very poor customer service and they signed us up for a plan that we never agreed to - and then told us we HAD to buy one of their phones in order to activate the account. When we refused, they told us we had to still pay the very large bill for a plan we did not ask for. It took over 7 hours of speaking to customer service reps to remedy this. And when we would ask for a manager, we were always told there was not one available and we would have to go to a Boost store.

Mr M Charlotte, NC

STAY AWAY!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!! Stuck with their very poor service in order to get my phone eligible to be unlocked. After 12 months of their lies, they blacklisted my imei for some reason then tell me there's nothing they can do for me because I'm not longer a customer. Liars and outsourced BS customer service. I have never dealt with such an unscrupulous company.

Sam Kenner, LA

I have 4 phones that got kicked over from Virgin Mobile to Boost. No warning, no messages. All the phones are on the pay by the minute plan, so every 90 days money must be added. One of the phones got moved over a day earlier than the others. When I went to add money to that phone I was a day late. Boost took my balance of $156.21 and would even listen.

Sherry milburn Nashville, TN

April 20,2020i went to boost Mobile and change my phone number from Verizon that I had for 4 year's and I paid 80.30.i was told that if I had any problems with the phone within 7 days they would change my phone out with a new one or give my money back. that night my phone started messing up and the next morning on April 21,2020 I went back to the store and the guy went into my phone and reset it, I lost all my accounts and pictures.it was still roaming and messing up.on April 22,2020 I called the store and the lady said she would replace my phone and the manager Jose called me and told me no they would not replace the phone or give my money back and if I called them or come on there property he was was going to call the police on me and have me arrested.i wouldn't recommend anyone to boost Mobile because they don't keep there words about anything.i will get my money back, you watch and see!

kristen Sandusky, OH

For the last 10 years I had virgin mobile. They were awesome. but this year (2020) they switched over to boost mobile. I dont know what happened when they switched but they service was constantly cutting out on me, searching the web was extremely slow. So I decided for the price I could do better. I wanted to switch to another carrier so i needed them to unlock my iphone that i purchased over 3 years ago. They told me it would be 48 hours. so I waited then 48 hours later i get a text telling me that my phone is ineligible to be unlocked since it has not been in service over 2 Years!!! its been 3!!! so i got mad, and called the 800 number and the guy i had i couldnt understand so he transfered me to apple. thank god they were good enough to help me unlock it. then i get the phone unlocked and try to switch carriers but to keep my phone number i needed to get my account number and pin from boost. i tried calling and was waiting over an hour on hold with no answer. so i try going to the boost store, which they tell me that they cannot help me....by this time im very agravated with this company. This is the worst customer service ever!!!! you want good service? try consumer cellular. its cheaper service with great customer service. and you dont wait on hold for hours.

Jlbfla Pompano Beach, FL

Had boost for years. My only complaint is their cellular WiFi is slow. Takes much too long. And calls kind of break up in our area of East pompano beach fla off 14 th St Cswy. Need a stronger tower signals.

Tammi Williams Ontario, CA

Boost Mobile customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I asked a representative to walk me through the steps to open the LG video calling they offered to help me download Skype. They told me the phone was being recorded I told them I was recording them they told me I was breaking their guidelines and they disconnected the call. I went to the store that I bought the phone in and it appears that my phone is defective and now the store doesn't have any more of these phones and they don't work with any other Boost Mobile stores to accommodate the customers. I wish I could give them a negative five stars because this is the worst service I have ever in my life experience

Dave Billings Bradenton, FL

Bought a replacement phone on Boost Website for wife and phone was delivered with carrier lock for leased/owed/stolen. 4+ hours on phone trying to get ironed out. Sprint said no lock on their end. Shows to be locked on Boost! Back to activate phone and online error. MEID: 35598208247579 error transfer to agent who could not activate as well. Transferred to Samsung and they verified issue on Boost end and to check warranty. Long story short "NEVER BUY FROM BOOST STORE ONLINE". No overnight good phone replacement! "Send the phone back to us and when we receive it may give you a refund," was my only option.

Darlene Tallahassee, FL

I have been a customer of Boost for 12 years. They get worst with the customer service as time goes on. For months now, I have experience delayed texts, (takes about 3-5 hours), I get people telling me they called and I didn't get a missed call. Recently I ordered a phone from boost for monthly payments. The phone was suppose to be new, it was not. Someone's facebook was already in the phone. I called about a week and a 1/2 later and I was told I only had 7 days to call and return the phone. So now they want me to make payments on a used phone. The charger didn't work and I was told to go buy a new one. I am so done with Boost. Customer Service and device support is very bad.

Mr. Cole St Louis, MO

I switched to Boost yesterday and explained to the salesman what I needed in a phone. So after switching my service and spending $1,000, it is obvious that I was lied too. You cannot use internet, receive pics, receive emails, or anything involving data usage while on a phone call. So, when you complete your call, notifications go haywire and messages are missed that were needed while on the call. It is ridiculous to have to tell someone, "let me hang up, look at the design you made, and I'll call you back". You will have to do this multiple times on Boost network. After complaining to the store, the salesman said he would refund me small portion of my money but otherwise oh well. I never would have switched to this service had he not lied.

G Hudsonville, MI

BEWARE .,Run away from a SCAM . I'm a first time customer. I bought my LG phone at a Boost store in Grandville ,Grand Rapids .Americana cellular Franchise . To close the deal the employee just told me I had 7 warranty days,if something would go wrong with the phone I just had to return the phone; didn't disclose to me important information I found out later on my own as : -At the following day because I bought a defective LG ,and deciding return it and cancell the service Boost would not refund the monthly phone payment done at the moment of the purchase Not even if the return is done into the seven days of it's warranty. - Boost Customer Care and supervisor will BULLY you into not giving to you YOUR account number because your personal decision of changing service providers. - The Boost employee will,as it was my experience ,push the limits for replacing the defective phone with a similar no matter you had a bad experience and you won't like it anymore , but not refund for the value of it. And something no one tells until you yourself find out is that you can't use other Boost Franchise service than the one where you bought your phone. So you are forced to use that store where you bought it for as long as you have the service. Boost WINS by taking your money even if you make a return into the 7 warranty days ,The company and the Franchise WILL make money from you on DISHONEST ways on any situation ,it was my personal experience. Is a Company with Really Bad Customer care. No Ethics and no Integrity at all. So their Franchise that operate under this Company business Culture. I switched to Verizon. Ahh!... I was so pleased by they're transparent deals and nice attentions.

Lisa Clive, IA

Hello Community, I just experienced a huge run around. Took the apple phone to the apple store this morning. They said the order confirmation we have does not prove ownership?? The phone shows it was activated 2 years before we purchased it.?? We called Boost and asked for a receipt of purchase to provide apple, of course they cannot provide it. Boost says Apple should honor the documentation. We called apple warranty support and they tell us that the Apple Certified pre-owned warranty started when the original owner activated the phone??? So the warranty Boost said was on the phone which I paid extra for expired 1 year before I purchased it? We have been on the phone for 6 hours today working on this?? We bought the phone in Dec of 2018, the original owner activated the phone in 2016. MY warranty was expired when I bought it.????????????????????????????????? This is wrong. We did the whole private message thing with no resolution. Boost customer service gave up and put us off for 24-38 hours. Now we are paying for a phone that doesn’t work right, Lost a Saturday afternoon with my family, and paid extra for a warranty that doesn’t exist. Please, Please, Please, be careful when considering buying an I-phone from Boost. If they can work us over, they can do the same to you.

Christina Los Angeles, CA

If you’re thinking of switching to Boost Mobile - DON’T!!!! I switched from At&t because they had a promotion for their refurbished iPhone’s. The phone came in the mail I went to the store paid the activation fee to switch my number and the monthly fee and then when they tried setting up the phone, the phone was faulty and wouldn’t hook up to the network. They said it would take a 7 days for them to send me a new phone in the mail. I don’t know who could go a WEEK without a phone! I was patient - but they gave me no other option but go back to att and switch my phone number onto my old phone. After HOURS of dealing with this situation they are now saying the can’t refund me for the activation or service fee that i wasn’t even able to use for a single DAY!! I literally got ROBBED by Boost Mobile. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!

SHAAN NUNSUCH Dallas, TX

Horrible isnt even the word. I wish I would have done my research before I switched from Metro Pcs to this piece of ish called a company. This place makes Metro PCS seems like an Heaven Sent ! I have had this company less then a week and already regretting it. Called Boost so they can unlock the phone so we can switch services (Iphones paid off) per Boost , you have to be with them for a year before switching companies ( Sounds like contract right ?) Okay, well I didnt sign a contract nor was that mention at the time of sell. They sent us to Apple who told us, you ready ? "LEGALLY , IF NOTHING IS OWED FOR THE PHONE AND YOU DONT HAVE A BALANCE WITH THEM, THEY CAN NOT ! HOLD THEY HAVE TO UNLOCK THE PHONE" Called Boost back and all they kept saying was , "per their policy" which policy sir ? Where in writing is this policy ? I WILL NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE USE THIS POOR EXCUSE OF A COMPANY AGAIN - CANT EVEN GET SIGNAL ....JUST DONE- WILL BE SPEAKING WITH COOPERATE.

Roy Cathcart Jr

Terrible overall experience of any cell phone carrier. I can never get a representative from customer service in the United States only overseas that barely speak and understand English. The data drops constantly at the end of the billing cycle each month and their device insurance company Gadget Guardian is terrible. My wife bought a ZTE MAX XL Android phone at the Boost Mobile Gettysburg Wireless Store located at 18 Springs Ave. Gettysburg Pa. 17325 which they knew was defective yet sold her the last one in stock. Two weeks later she started having an issue with the display malfunctioning and we took it back to the store and the associate laughed and said that ZTE was bankrupted and their products are defective and the ZTE MAX XL Android all have this issue is why they no longer are selling them and they wouldn't replace it but told us to contact the insurance company Gadget Guardian who'll just replace it with the same defective phone. Gadget Guardian wants us to pay a $20 deductable for a defective phone we already spent over $200 for and I will NOT pay a $20 deductable for another defective phone which I've spent from November 2018 to May 2019 trying to replace which now doesn't work and we are paying for service and insurance on. My wife and I are going to change cell phone carriers and dump Boost Mobile.

Quinn Queen Creek, AZ

Switched from boost to another carrier 6 March. Called boost to inquire when I would be refunded the credit balance left on my account. Was told various things by various customer service reps and supervisors. One said i'll see it back on my card in 8 days if the finance department is going to give it back to me. Why wouldn't they? Was told I'm no longer with boost so they can't do anything because I ported my number to another carrier. I'd have to take it up with my bank. While I was with boost they kept rolling my money/credit on my account to the next month instead of crediting me in the next bill cycle for the credit on my account. Not sure why my cable, utility, and satellite service companies credit me on the next bill but boost didn't. If I could i'd give less than 1 star for how I feel about the customer service I've experienced not only with this issue.

No longer a customer Rosamond, CA

I have been a customer of Boost Mobile for over 15 years. Boost service reception in my area has always been hit or miss but lately, it’s definitely been a MISS! My son and I have the same iPhones but different providers, he has reception on his. My phone on Boost Mobile, has NOTHING! He is standing 2 feet away from me and calls my phone, I can hear his phone ringing, my phone nothing! No ringing, no missed call notice, no reception! I send him a text with a picture, he gets NOTHING, I get error message, Failed to deliver! Phone shows 3 bars, I can’t make a call, no service! Yes, Boost has several low priced plans for their service, but when the provider doesn’t deliver, even FREE is overpriced! Not sure which provider I will go to but, when it’s time to pay my monthly service payment, it will not be with BOOST! Yes, I did call Boost Mobile with my concern. Boost so graciously offered me a $30.00 credit on my next bill. Not better service, not a reduction on my plan price, $30.00 on my next bill! $30.00 credit is an insult for 15+ years of loyality to this company! What I want is better reception! PS: yes, I checked the coverage map of my location, dark green for cell and dark orange for data. Both are ‘BEST’ but NO THEY ARE NOT! If this is best, I would hate to see the Fair!

Dont Do’It Los Angeles, CA

I have tried in 3 sites to write a review, but bc Boost mobiles “LTE” is actually 3g. It’s so slow it can’t process simple webpages. So, customer service will get 4 stars bc I’ve never used them, they might suck, but I can’t judge. Product will get 4 stars bc it’s a iPhone and apple makes good products. Everything else will get 1 star. BOOST using SPIRITS NETWORK = Talk and Txt unlimited . You have unlimited DATA but you really don’t . So, 57.00 total is unlimited talk and txt. Don’t even think for a moment the unlimited data works, it doesn’t. Or it doesn’t in Los Angeles, Ca. where you would think it would. I’m in my apt, by the window in Central Los Angeles with 2 bars. It’s a joke. I dropped 2 calls yesterday as well. 57.00 is way to much for what you’re actually getting. This horrrible service should be 25-30.00 month not 57.00. METRO PCS is using. T-MOBILES NETWORK. I would not roll the dice with Boost. The pricing is a scam to suck you in.

Chris k Middletown, OH

Boost Mobile is the worse company I have ever dealt with. There customer service is nothing less than a joke. Don't expect any help from them. They sold me a phone that would not receive calls. Even after making the company aware of the problem within 1 hour of purchasing the phone it was a 5 month ordeal. I was still paying the bill each month. Even after 5 months of asking for help i received zero help from the company. Had to file in small claims court to get help and the help came from the court of law and not boost Mobile. Even though boost Mobile was in the wrong they at this time sent me letters in the mail from Sprint executive offices saying they were terminating my business with them. After calling for an explanation there so called executive team told me they do not want my business and any more emails I send them would be considered as harassment and would file legally against me. I would not advise doing business with this company. If you do you will be sorry

Tina Gulfport, MS

My Mom had me purchase, with her credit card, a moto e5 plus, phone for my Christmas gift on November 18, 2018, through the Boost Mobile website. When I activated the phone it wouldn't stay connected to the internet. I contacted Boost Mobile to ask for a refund and was told since it was past the 7 day warranty I would have to deal with Motorola. After three weeks of dealing with Motorola I was sent a new phone on January 18, 2019. I activated the phone the next day and had the exact same problem. I called Boost Mobile to again ask for a refund. I was again told it was past the 7 day warranty but I could use their Buy Back Program. I called them and was told the phone had to be activated for 30 days. Once again I called Boost Mobile. After being escalated up the chain numerous times asking for a refund I was told I was not eligible because Motorola had sent me a replacement phone. What the f? I told them if they had given me a refund when I first asked I wouldn't have a replacement phone. I have been a Boost customer for 8 years. Now I an stuck with a phone I paid for and cannot use and Boost Mobile refuses to make it right. Beware if you purchase a phone that has problems that Boost will NOT do anything to help. I am now out the money for the phone and Boost is to the good the money I paid. I will NOT stay with a company that has so little regard for its customers that it won't give a refund on a defective product and basically tells the customer too bad for you. I am switching cell phone carriers as soon as my month with Boost is up! UPDATE :Last night, Boost offered to credit my account $60 dollars so the issue would be settled. I refused as this is less than half of what I paid for the phone. Anything less than the full purchase price of the phone credited back to my credit card is unacceptable to me. Since saying no, I have heard nothing further from anyone at Boost. I will update if I do hear anything further.

Ed Silver Springs, NV

The service for phone is somewhat limited only to be surpassed by the Hot Spot capability (not). Wireless hotspot is usually available, slow, and intermittent. Trying to get service is impossible. The response is that they will get a technician right on it. Sure... Truth be known, the service is up and down like a toilet seat. I am less than 1/2 mile from the tower in a very rural area and the download speed is 5MBPS or less and upload rarely gets to 1MBPS. Cannot use VOIP or video surveillance if your life depended on it. Forget FAX.

Troy Parks Baltimore, MD

Worst phone company I ever been woth the phone barley works someone else mist have my same number because they keep calling asking for a guy named Kenny which is not my name. No one can ever hear me when my calls go thru then get angry with me like im not talking into the phone. Customer servoce is horrible they do not care to fix any of these problems very rude mostly foreigners. Complete waste of money the "unlimited" data is used up the same day you pay the phone bill very slow. This will be my last month with Boost I have 3 lines with them for 100$ totally not worth it and the phones they have are all garbage. Also alot of people call me and say their phone call cant be completed as dialed. Im going to be so happy to switch to a company hopfully cares about their customers im mad I stayed with them as long as I did. Hope everyone else dont stay with them as long as I did.

Emily Charlotte, NC

I switched to boost about 6 months ago and I made the worst mistake of my life. Let me fill you in on how this company scams people. I purchased a phone with Boost 6 months ago and they have been good to me until now,I have been paying someone else phone bill. Ok let me explain that,my phone bill have been paid this month. I tried to make a call on my phone and it says roaming. Well I didn't think nothing of it. I was thinking it was the weather or something wrong with they towers. Ok I waited around until later that day and it kept saying roaming. So I was like hmmm,let me call boost and get this straightened out. So I told them what was going on with my phone and they looked into my account and said that it was a non existent number;I was like what??!! So that means I was paying a phone bill that was a non existent number. But I knew they was liein because I've been making calls from this number every since I had it. So I made it my business to tell them that they messed up something in they system. And when I asked to speak with a manager or a supervisor;she had no idea what I was talking about. And I know I've been paying my bill because ik be been making calls. Whatever you do people,DO NOT SWITCH TO BOOST MOBILE BECAUSE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY.!!!!💀💀 So now I have to go to a store to get this straightened out because I've been paying my bill online and I still have my proof that I've been paying my bill through this number. And one more thing. They login to my account and changed my PIN number so they can give the number to another customer.

Arie Burley Cayce, SC

I have been boost customer since clear talk change over to them as a provider. I have a total of 4 devices with them. The internet connection plus my texting with them sucks..They always think your lying when you complain about the services..They do nothing for their customers but say sorry and credit you 20 off a 100 dollar bill with nonworking services.. I called for over 3 months complaining to them. So after I went in to one of their locations a young lady help me fix my devices so I call boost and ask them can they hold off on my bill payment for a couple more days so I can see if my devices are working correctly because I can go to another provider if my devices are not working instead of paying them monthly for nonworking services..Mannn these people were quick to give me my account number, they didn't value me as a customer..So as I speak I'm looking for another provider because boost mobile services are bad..no one needs to do business with them..I say boycott boost!

Syreeta Smith Philadelphia, PA

I hate the service, cant use my internet on the train under the tunnel, only can use talk and text if the phone is roaming and that after not being about to at all for about two months. I use yhe train almost everyday, every inconvenient. Cant use internet if Im on the phone unless I am around wi fi networks from elsewhere. I wish I had of never left Metro. They got about a good 30 days of me and Im out...already spoke to another carrier and told them Im coming back. The price is okay but Cricket, Metro and a few more carriers have the same price with waaaayyyyyyyy better network service. I tap out......buyer beware. I asked them.about all this before I brought the phone and they lied and said they provided it...yes.you can use internet under tunnel on train, yes you can use internet while on the phone...LIARS.. they say anything to get your money

Melissa Pasadena, MD

Had boost for 6 years. Prices were too good to pass up, but now that there are other cheap and better services, I decided to change carriers. Boost made it nearly impossible to leave. 1. they "locked" my phone, depsite the phone being paid in full nearly one year prior. Their excuse was that I needed to wait exactly one full year from the purchase date to unlock it 2. multiple phone calls were made with a different excuse each time 3. the manager/supervisors will give you an attitude like you're the one in the wrong. They do not try to keep their customers happy. 4. now that Boost is aware im changing carriers, my phone calls drop all the time, my service has been awful and half the time i have to restart my phone bc it says i have "No Sim Card Available".... i have an iPhone... i dont need a sim card?!?!? 5. once i met the one-year anniversary date, i call to get it unlocked and i was told i need to wait 48 hours for it to "automatically unlock". Apparently i would receive a text msg to confirm. But its now been over 48 hours, and I still have yet to receive a text message. I can only imagine if i call, they will tell me it needs to be 48 business hours. These people are SCAM ARTISTS with attitudes!! DO NOT USE BOOST MOBILE!!!